New Year’s Eve

posted at 9:30 pm on December 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Farewell to a year that was wretched through and through, with one stupendous exception. I thought hard about an image to send us out on. This will do nicely.

Enjoy your drunken NYE open thread; predictions for 2009 are welcome. My own obligatorily hyper-pessimistic exit hunch: Yellowstone mega-eruption, of course!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

2009. With an optimistic heart; It’s got to be better than 2008.

anniekc on December 31, 2008 at 9:35 PM

The best keeps getting better. My compliments on the selection: Happy New Year’s from me as well, General.

ericdijon on December 31, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Thank God is is over.

infidel on December 31, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Good riddance to a crappy year.

rbj on December 31, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Happy New Year all!

paustin110 on December 31, 2008 at 9:42 PM

2009 looks scary indeed. I’m not buying anything but ammo and beans. And since I don’t have a gun, and suffer from terrible gas, I’m screwed.

keep the change on December 31, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Happy New Year to all at HotAir. Let’s hope 2009 brings better things.

rightside on December 31, 2008 at 9:42 PM

Today is Wed, tomorrow is Thurs.

Nothing more.

artist on December 31, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Exit:

AllahPundit,yup,if Yellowstone goes,me thinks that it
would be like a 1,000-2,000 megaton war-head going El
Ka-Bluey,with a gapeing smokin hole,or sumpin like dat!

*HAPPY NEW YEAR* HOT AIR Members!

Nice Bonus picture of ‘SarahCuda’ too,hehe:)

canopfor on December 31, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Yellowstone eruption;
Unfortunately, scientists can’t really predict when the next such eruption will happen, and the range of possibilities is large: from later today to a million years from now.

Wow. I feel better about that.

My dogs are acting funny. Pacing all over the house. Staring at the doors and windows. Then again maybe they just need to take poop. ;)

katy on December 31, 2008 at 9:46 PM

artist on December 31, 2008 at 9:43 PM

But if tomorrow turned out to be Tuesday, do you think would you do anything differently?

ericdijon on December 31, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Thanks for putting Sarah’s pix on this.
Happy New Year to all.
Thanks Michelle and Allah for Hotair.
And thanks to all of you who contribute.

Bambi on December 31, 2008 at 9:48 PM

I kinda think 08 is going to look pretty good as we look back. Yah, it’s gonna be that bad kiddies. But hey, I have always been the eternal optimist. Always.

katy on December 31, 2008 at 9:49 PM

Many thanks to crazy sarah for doing her part to elect President Obama!

benny shakar on December 31, 2008 at 9:50 PM

My dogs are acting funny.

katy on Dec 31,2008 at 9:46PM.

katy: Not to be an alarmist,but I hear thats one of the
signs!:)

canopfor on December 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Screw you, 2008. Screw you right in the ear.

Predictions:

3. Israel will launch an air strike against Iran’s nuclear weapon facilities, and world leaders and the UN will condemn the action. Many of the same leaders will privately be thankful that the Israel had the guts to do what they wouldn’t.

4. The presidential primary season for the 2012 election
will unofficially start before the end of the year.

5. There will be war in Lebanon. Again.

6. “Duke Nuk’em Forever” will still not have been released.

Hollowpoint on December 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Happy New Year! So far 2009 is sunny, warm yet breezy and not a drop of rain (so far). It is almost one in the afternoon and I am enjoying Jan 1, 2009 in Hagatna.

Cheers! Be safe. Have fun. Hafa adai!

geckomon on December 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Glad to read all of you but I do it cold sober.

Bambi on December 31, 2008 at 9:52 PM

6. “Duke Nuk’em Forever” will still not have been released.

Anyone could predict that!

rightside on December 31, 2008 at 9:53 PM

Many thanks to crazy Sarah…

benny shakar on Dec 31,2008 at 9:50PM.

benny shakar:Great Scott,even on New Years Eve!

You are one dedicated Liberal Operative!

canopfor on December 31, 2008 at 9:54 PM

2009! 3 years till President Palin!!!! Wooohoo!!!!

dec5 on December 31, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Happy New Year to the folks at Hot Air!

JammieWearingFool on December 31, 2008 at 10:00 PM

My mom always told me that whatever you do on New Year’s Day is what you’ll do all year long. I never believed her until the year that I moved on New Year’s, and then moved four more times that year. Since then, come hell or high water, my policy has been to watch football and chill at home.

Here’s to a better year in 2009. Cheers.

meltenn on December 31, 2008 at 10:00 PM

I’m a historian by training. Despite a poor economy, a filthy Chicago politician about to take office and a demoralized populace, this has not been our worst year and next year has more promise than many.

My hopes for 2009:

Obama’s administration lasts as long as that of William Henry Harrison.

The GOP gets a spine and drives out the idiots that foisted John McCain on the party.

Allahpundit stops his attack on Christians becomes tolerant of all.

Ed understands that we all aren’t Catholic or the aforementioned Christian-haters and find a real evangelical PROTESTANT voice to blend with his views. I’m willing to take on the job if asked!

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:01 PM

canopfor on December 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM

On a serious note, I know. They have been behaving extremely weird the last few day.
Scientist have known about Yellowstone for a long time and when it goes it’s going to be HUUUUGE. The damage to the central US and the continental divide will be enormous.

My Siberian keeps sniffing the air at the doors and windows. WHAT IS UP WITH THAT?

Maybe they smell this guy..

keep the change on December 31, 2008 at 9:42 PM

katy on December 31, 2008 at 10:02 PM

It’s New Years Eve. Do you know where your congressman is and what he is up to and on who’s dime.?

Cheshire Cat on December 31, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Many thanks to crazy sarah for doing her part to elect President Obama!

benny shakar on December 31, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Are you saying all “Sarah’s” who voted for Obama are crazy?

. . . ok. /nods

geckomon on December 31, 2008 at 10:04 PM

God Bless Sarah Palin and her family. She is a magnificent human being and has inspired millions. I will never ever forget her acceptance speech at the convention.

She is Elvis, Ronald Reagan and Joan of Arc all wrapped in one beautiful skin.

Geochelone on December 31, 2008 at 10:04 PM

2009. With an optimistic heart; It’s got to be better than 2008.

anniekc on December 31, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Cheer up, the worst is yet to come.

Cheshire Cat on December 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Hollowpoint on December 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM

I hope you’re planning to call Art Bell tonight! This is one of the two nights he takes predictions….

I think 2009 is going to be worse. We’ve had the Meltdown of ’08, and now we’ll have the rest, plus Osama Obama.

MrScribbler on December 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM

I predict that awful smell from the swamp that is Chicago politics will permeate the nation for most of 2009, mainly due to Blago fighting for his political life, doing whatever he thinks he has to to stay in office.

That, and the economy will finally start to improve around September, and the Messiah will be touted as the reason.

gmoonster on December 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM

I’m with you Allah! Let that sucker blow wide open! I mean if we never have a disaster causing the collapse of civilization I’m going to eventually feel a little foolish with all the guns and supplies I’ve been hording up for years.

BadMojo on December 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM

It is still 7 hours away…but Happy New Year to all of you.
Or as we say here, Hau’oli Makahiki Hou!

HawaiiLwyr on December 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM

meltenn on December 31, 2008 at 10:00 PM

In my family it is only what I can believe is a Germanic custom passed down from my grandparents but you never take the broom when you move because that takes your problems with you. Four kids, none of us take the brooms.

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Retirement means 2009 is just another year.

That said, Happy New Year, and God’s blessing on you all.

irongrampa on December 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Conservatism will prevail.

Happy New Year to All!

Saltysam on December 31, 2008 at 10:10 PM

OK, I’m a little weirded out… my Golden Retriever is acting a bit strange right now, too.

Maybe he just senses a great New Year? I hope!

gmoonster on December 31, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Screw you, 2008. Screw you right in the ear.

Predictions:

1. There will be an earthquake in CA, and it will be cited as evidence for Global Warming. blamed on George Bush.

2. There will be a high-profile shooting somewhere, and the Dems will use it to pass a new “assault weapon” ban stricter than the old one, and without a sunset date. blame it on George Bush.

3. Israel will launch an air strike against Iran’s nuclear weapon facilities, and world leaders and the UN will condemn the action blame it on George Bush. Many of the same leaders will privately be thankful that the Israel had the guts to do what they wouldn’t.

4. The presidential primary season free-for-all for the 2012 election
will unofficially start before the end of the year.

5. There will be war in Lebanon. Again, it will be blamed on George Bush.

There. Fixed it.

uncivilized on December 31, 2008 at 10:11 PM

gmoonster on December 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Because that fits the script. Ronald Reagan inherited a far worse economy from Jimmy Carter and turned it around by positive steps. Obama is going to get credit for normal market activity.

The bastard has no business being in the White House.

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:13 PM

gmoonster on December 31, 2008 at 10:11 PM

See. I knew it. They can sense these things a few days out.
Hopefully It won’t happen until after Jan 20th. That way we can all blame Obama for the first natural disaster of his term…

katy on December 31, 2008 at 10:14 PM

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM

But if I don’t take the broom with me, how will I get back and forth to work? Gotta have transportation, right?

uncivilized on December 31, 2008 at 10:14 PM

I told that National Park Ranger not to dump the entire container of Metamucil in Old Faithful. But what can you expect from government employees?

Blake on December 31, 2008 at 10:16 PM

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM

I’ll have to remember that. I certainly don’t need to carry any problems with me.

meltenn on December 31, 2008 at 10:17 PM

My hopes for 2009:

Obama’s administration lasts as long as that of William Henry Harrison.

Allahpundit stops his attack on Christians becomes tolerant of all.

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Wishing the president-elect dead and preaching tolerance, in the same sentence. Code Pink just called. They want you for their CEO.

Tanya on December 31, 2008 at 10:19 PM

In 2009, I look forward to the following predictions………….

… a weekly propaganda segment on “60 Minutes” with Mr. Obama and family, “…….oh, aren’t they something special?”….. will explain his “stimulus” package by hiring 25 million Americans to dig ditches, then hiring 25 million Americans to fill them up again. Of course the professional and objective “journalist” at “60 Minutes”, and every other “news” outlet, will say, “My God! He’s a genius!!!”
… Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Hillary Clinton, and the Main Stream Media totally re-writing history to hide their culpability in the economic collapse……………. laughing all the way.

… China, Russia, and Iran funding small conflicts all over the globe to test the indecisive Mr. Obama who just wants to sit down and talk.

… the truth comes out about George Soros and his part in “things” regarding our economic collapse and the buying of an election, but only on the Internet and quickly squashed while the masses will go on to watch “American Idol” and the “Grammys”.

… Chris Mathews will win a “Nobel Prize” for the tingle up his leg, all “News” reports will be synchronized or the reporters and their families will be “liquidated”, and all the magazines at the check out stand will have either a picture of “the One”…….. or Jennifer Aniston.

… Hollywood will go into a full court press blaming President George W. Bush for everything under the sun, while Mr. Obama will have epic features, cartoons, sitcoms, and PBS specials written for him.

… With Al Gore having Mr. Obama’s ears, “Man Made Global Climate Change” will be declared an official religion by the state, and all those opposed will loose all scientific funding, as well as being jailed for being an heretic.

… Mr. Obama will get to appoint two, if not three Supreme Court Judges………….. and one of them will be Bill Clinton.

… all registered Republicans will have a visit from the IRS, Family Court Services, the Council on Human Rights, the ACLU, and will be forced to wear a “Red ‘R’” on their clothing at all time.

… La Raza will start proceedings to all “white” homeowners in California, Arizona, New Mexico, Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Texas, and the “newly made citizens” from the Obama/McCain Amnesty bill that they have thirty days to leave their homes in the first stages of the creation of “Aztlan”…

… and finally, any criticism of the Obama Administration………… ANY criticism will be labeled as “racist” and subject to arrest.

……………… New Year everyone…… you voted for “Change”, get ready for it!

Seven Percent Solution on December 31, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Prediction(s) for 2009:

Blago’s upcoming book will be the most compelling book of 2009.

That or Blago suddenly commits suicide before his indictment. Coincidentally the suicide note will have similar handwriting to the DC Madam’s note.

LevStrauss on December 31, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Allah–

Thanks to you and Ed for keeping us informed and thinking. Best wishes for the new year.

see-dubya on December 31, 2008 at 10:28 PM

Champagne makes even 2008 taste better.

And a fine 2009 to all!

profitsbeard on December 31, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Allah–

see-dubya on December 31, 2008 at 10:28 PM

God Bless America

CantCureStupid on December 31, 2008 at 10:31 PM

She is Elvis, Ronald Reagan and Joan of Arc all wrapped in one beautiful skin.

Geochelone on December 31, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Dude, they’re all dead.

Kind of like her chances of ever becoming president. :)

SnarkVader on December 31, 2008 at 10:31 PM

I just watched Gov. Palin’s convention speech on C-SPAN. We could have won if they had just let her loose! *sigh*

2009 predictions:

1. Executive Order from Barry gives illegals amnesty.
2. Muslim terrorists strike in Brazil.
3. Michelle Obama becomes preggers. She keeps the baby, is exalted by media from on high for being a career mom.
4. Roger Federer FINALLY wins the French Open.
5. Florida goes down in flames in the BCS bowl!
6. Titans win Super Bowl.

SouthernGent on December 31, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Predictions:

1. Israeli Air Force will attack Iran. They will take the measure of Obama and decide they can’t count on him and the world community to do anything about Iran.

2. There will be a backlash against unions because of auto bailout and the pensions, benefits and high wages of public employees at taxpayer expense.

3. By the end of the season, NASCAR races will have fields of less than 30 cars.

4. A new push for border security will be caused by increasing Mexican drug cartel violence in the US.

5. The death of satellite radio.

Mark1971 on December 31, 2008 at 10:40 PM

May the New Year bring about a sanity of individual responsibility based on the moral principals that our founding fathers thought were critical enough to put in our constitution that not only provided, but protected us from a government for and by the people. History has provided us with what happens to a society that hands too much power or dependency to any government. Whether we are doomed to repeat it remains to be seen.

Rovin on December 31, 2008 at 10:40 PM

I forgot! HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE! And god bless America and no one else! :-D

SouthernGent on December 31, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Happy New Year to HotAir.

2008 was a bad, bad year. Except for Sarah and the Palins, especially Trig. VideooftheYear: Piper slickin Trig’s hair back at the convention.

2009 will be the first year to rebuild the conservative movement. Be sure to watch the RNC Chair debates.

2009 things to do:

Get a job.
Join Team Sarah.
Join Redstate.
Go to CPAC.
Finish my DVD’s of Fr. Corapi’s Catechism.
Don’t miss MASS on Sunday or any DofOblig.
Exercise more but not too much.
See the son more.
Gradually move assets to Euro Pacific Capital.
Reach level 60 on LOTRO with my dwarf champion.
After moving, rejoin the local SVDP group.
Pray EVERY day not just most days.
Drop more ‘g”s from the end of words like Sarah’s People.

Ed, hope the grandchild’s birth is smooth sailin.

Sapwolf on December 31, 2008 at 10:41 PM

So, any ideas on why all the BLUE ballons in Time Square? Is this some kind of subliminal election blue state democratic phallic thingy..

katy on December 31, 2008 at 10:42 PM

We would be disappointed with anything less AP.

Happy New Year all!

My prediction? Joe Biden as president by the end of the year. No not assassination, impeachment!

conservnut on December 31, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Tanya on December 31, 2008 at 10:19 PM

Whatever b*tch.

That wasn’t my “message” but I knew those suggestions were likely to bring out idiots like you. William Henry Harrison’s administration was as short as it was because he was too proud to wear a topcoat on a cold day. I’m hoping the filthy bastard-elect will be equally arrogant. Allah does hate Christians and Ed is only concerned with Christianity as it applies to Catholics. Screw you if you can’t be tolerant of evangelical conservative Christians.

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:45 PM

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:01 PM

You had one while Bryan was here. Stop whining and give someone else a chance.

Darth Executor on December 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Goodbye, democracy and the Republic.

Hello, socialism and the Nanny State.

madmonkphotog on December 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM

conservnut on December 31, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Now THAT’S scary…

uncivilized on December 31, 2008 at 10:55 PM

I know next year will be better because when I went to buy black-eyed peas to make tomorrow, there were bags still on the shelf. Last year when I went, on the last day, as usual because in the midst of everything else, I always forget the peas, there were no peas and I had to use the ones leftover from the year before. OH, if I’d only known. My apologies to the world and deepest gratitude that this year, I will be using a fresh bag and all will be well in 2009.

Happy New Year All, have fun, be safe.

Jvette on December 31, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Whatever b*tch.

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:45 PM

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:01 PM

hummmm.

katy on December 31, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Every year’s a good year as long as I’m on this side of the sod…but here’s wishing all of you a very happy 2009 – and, “may we live in interesting times…”

uncivilized on December 31, 2008 at 10:56 PM

My hopes for 2009:

Obama’s administration lasts as long as that of William Henry Harrison.

Allahpundit stops his attack on Christians becomes tolerant of all.

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Tanya on December 31, 2008 at 10:19 PM

You had one while Bryan was here. Stop whining and give someone else a chance.

Darth Executor on December 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Now that’s brilliant, you made mine and my man’s night…LOLOLOLOLOL!!!

Happy New Years people from The Big Apple!!

AprilOrit on December 31, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Happy New Year to all.

Is it too early to talk about the failed Obama presidency?

Mojave Mark on December 31, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Gen. David H. Petraeus, Pres.

Gen. Ray Odierno, Vice Pres.

Adm. Mike Mullen, Sec. State.

Doesn’t get any better than that.

Speakup on December 31, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Spending my New Years Eve with rifle parts spread all over the kitchen table.

Don’t worry, all the ammo is in the safe and my wife is the designated drinker until I get this sucker back together and back in it’s cage.

Happy New Year to all you HotAirHeads in Americastan.

Limerick on December 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Ah,Houston,all systems are go,

T-Minus 60 min. to 2009 New Year

Year Launch:)

canopfor on December 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Happy New Year. I would have used an exclamation point on that but I can’t help but feel pessimsitic.

myrenovations on December 31, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Now THAT’S scary…

uncivilized on December 31, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Hey I didn’t promise it would be pretty!

conservnut on December 31, 2008 at 11:01 PM

hummmm.

katy on December 31, 2008 at 10:56 PM

No kidding!

thomasaur on December 31, 2008 at 11:01 PM

You had one while Bryan was here. Stop whining and give someone else a chance.

Darth Executor on December 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM

It’s not about giving folks a chance. Allah is clearly a selfish agnostic. Ed is clearly Roman Catholic. Nothing wrong with those postions until you die at which point at keast one of our hosts will be disappointed.

That being said, there is absolutely no way that a Catholic ccan be the “Christian one” to counter the hedonism of Allah. Most of Ed’s faithful voted for Obama.

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Ah,Houston,all systems are go,

T-Minus 60 min. to 2009 New Year

Year Launch:)

canopfor on December 31, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Ah actually here in Houston it is T-minus 120 minutes.

conservnut on December 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM

January: Had Spinal fusion on back.

June: Lost my 76 year old father to heart attack.

November: Watched all the qaulitys and Conservative God loving beliefs I have, defeated for President by a man I wouldn’t trust to watch my dog.

December: Lost a close friend to a heart attack at 49.

Ready for 2008 to be over.My faith tells me God doesn’t give us more than we can handle so will keep praying and hope for a better 2009

Kevin in Southern Illinois on December 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Lighten up, Francis

thomasaur on December 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Kevin in Southern Illinois on December 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM

God bless you, we all hope for a better 2009 for you!

conservnut on December 31, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Wishing y’all at HA, especially dear AP and (Capt., whose former title must not be referred to)a most happy, healthy, and prosperous New Year full of conservative optimism.

May God bless us all.

Happy 2009, dear ones!

YankeeinCA on December 31, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Bad typos in the above thread but that annoying stream distracted.

At the least, At the LEAST Catholic Ed or Hedonist Allah will be disappointed.

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Predictions?

… not really a prediction but I fear for the Inauguration good terrorist target…

-Wasteland Man.

P.S.

why I fear.

1. Close enough to the coast

2. 4-5 million in attendance.

3. New unproven pres.

I hope I’m wrong.

WastelandMan on December 31, 2008 at 11:07 PM

A happy and prosperous New Year to all at Hot Air.

Keep hope alive, but euthanize change!

OldEnglish on December 31, 2008 at 11:08 PM

conservnut on December 31, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Thanks

Kevin in Southern Illinois on December 31, 2008 at 11:08 PM

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM

It’s not the religion (or lack of) of the site masters that counts for much. The question is how they run the site and does it bring out the best in the Christians, Jews, Conservatives and right minded people that come here?
I think it does it better than any other site.
It’s the fruit shtoopid.

katy on December 31, 2008 at 11:09 PM

gmoonster on December 31, 2008 at 10:06 PM

You must be smokin’ the wacky tobaccy if you think the economy is going to improve under “President Keynes.”

I predict four years of double digit unemployment and inflation. Then throw in an energy crisis and a couple more wars in the middle east.

Smoke up, Johnny. Enjoy it while it lasts. I don’t think Barack’s gonna legalize it.

ramrocks on December 31, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Ed is a good guy, quit with the insults. I’m not Catholic and he has not upset me.
God Bless us all.
Wouldn’t it be fun if God let you have what you believed in?
The athiests … well you know.

Bambi on December 31, 2008 at 11:11 PM

Gen. David H. Petraeus, Pres.

Gen. Ray Odierno, Vice Pres.

Adm. Mike Mullen, Sec. State.

Doesn’t get any better than that.

Speakup on December 31, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Yah it does. Sarah as Secretary of Energy.

Sapwolf on December 31, 2008 at 11:12 PM

A distressing percentage of Bryan’s faithful pulled the lever for him too. And mine.

Well, 2008 was good to me. And I know I’m one of the few.

see-dubya on December 31, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Kevin in Southern Illinois on December 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Hey Kevin, do keep the faith. In the end it is all we will have. Every last bit we can muster. Read Prov 3:5-6 when things get sticky… ;o)

katy on December 31, 2008 at 11:14 PM

I can honestly say, that up until Nov. 08, we were better off then we were 8 years ago. Not so great now, and worried that the demtards and Barry are going to really mess up, but I will work harder to not let them get under my skin. Hope everyone has a great 2009, and don’t drink and drive! Just drink. Have to start looking for a job on Monday *sigh*, got laid off. Oh well, onward and upward…..some fun huh???

clinker46 on December 31, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Collie, you got any new years resolutions?

My collie says:

I was thinking that in 2009, I’d start applying my general rules of stress reduction to HotAir thread participation.

And just what rules might those be?

My collie says:

If you can’t herd it, and
you can’t eat it, and
you can’t hump it, then
just pee all over it and walk away like nothing happened.

CyberCipher on December 31, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Kevin in Southern Illinois on December 31, 2008 at 11:03 PM

katy on December 31, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Great advice katy, I have that taped on the bathroom mirror for daily reflection.

God Bless you and yours Kevin, and everyone else here.

thomasaur on December 31, 2008 at 11:20 PM

highhopes on December 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Actually Highhopes, practicing Catholics voted more for McCain/Palin. The statistics are off due to fallen away Catholics voting for Obama.

Also, there is a strong correlation for all Christians that if they practice Christianity regularly, they voted more than 50% for McCain.

Voting for Obama is simply incompatible with being a practicing Christian.

Sapwolf on December 31, 2008 at 11:21 PM

If you can’t herd it, and
you can’t eat it, and
you can’t hump it, then
just pee all over it and walk away like nothing happened.

CyberCipher on December 31, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Ah, I love collie logic.

conservnut on December 31, 2008 at 11:21 PM

katy on December 31, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Just read it.Thanks.

Okay didn’t mean to bring people down.

Happy New Year and will leave you with what I imagine Obama would be sayingt o Blago tonight if he could.

“JUST WHEN I THINK I’M OUT THEY PULL ME BACK IN”

Gotta love the Godfather!

Kevin in Southern Illinois on December 31, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Two. You forgot someone.

irishspy on December 31, 2008 at 11:22 PM

HotAir is the best NEWS site. Better than Drudge these days! As far as the heathen Allah and the Roman Catholic Ed, I am the one traditionalist left in the Episcopal Chruch. Go figure! Hey, conservatism has no where to go but up. No more W giving in to the Dems. Now, we make our stand, fight when nessecary and offer real solutions whether we are asked or not. Take advantage off all that we will have at our disposal. To start, no Mike Duncan as head of the RNC. Steele or Blackwell. The so-called Republican congressional “leadership” needs to get a back bone. No bipartisanship if it means giving in to the Dems. Anyhow, tomorrow morning, bright and early around 4:30am, the missus and I will go a few blocks, get comfy in our grandstand seats and watch the Rose Parade. And yes, 2009 is gonna be a barn-burner!

righty64 on December 31, 2008 at 11:22 PM

thomasaur on December 31, 2008 at 11:20 PM

You’re a good man thomasaur.

katy on December 31, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Cybercipher, I hope your Collie has a great 2009. Smart dog you got there, but you knew that.

see-dubya on December 31, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Cold up there huh AP? I guess you are in the basement and not at Times Square?

conservnut on December 31, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Has anyone accused Megyn Kelly of wearing a kaffeyah yet?

Happier New Year all!