New Year’s Eve

posted at 9:30 pm on December 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Farewell to a year that was wretched through and through, with one stupendous exception. I thought hard about an image to send us out on. This will do nicely.

Enjoy your drunken NYE open thread; predictions for 2009 are welcome. My own obligatorily hyper-pessimistic exit hunch: Yellowstone mega-eruption, of course!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Here’s hoping for a much better 2009 everyone.

wise_man on January 1, 2009 at 2:01 PM

I predict that if the country continues on the path it is taking it will get to where it is going.

Cheshire Cat on January 1, 2009 at 2:43 AM

We don’t know where we’re going, but we’ll get there sooner.

Schadenfreude on January 1, 2009 at 3:36 PM

Sarah is still my girl.

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on January 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM

predictions for 2009 are welcome.

Happy New Year to all Hotair readers and staff. No predictions for me other than to say I’d be surprised if Christians are still around by this time next year. If they are, oh well, point is, I believe the coming of the Lord, preceded by the rapture the church, is soon! An incredible thought, but world events do seem to be heading in that direction. Time is running out. Thank you.

apacalyps on January 1, 2009 at 6:50 PM

apacalyps, first glad you are a Christian! Faith in Jesus is what matters. I do not see the Rapture in Scripture. I’m aware of the biblical verses cited but I do not see them relating to all Christians being “Raptured” out of the tribulation. As a matter of fact I read a great deal about “believers” not receiving the mark of the beast or they shall be condemned. I do not believe these are later converts but that we are all around during the tribulation period. Sorry. The rapture is a late 20th century theology which many churches do not believe in. Mine is one. Best wishes and God Bless!

sabbott on January 2, 2009 at 5:46 AM

Interesting side note RE Yellowstone.

The last major eruption, 640,000 years ago, occurred at the same time as the last reversal of the earth’s magnetic field.

The earth is overdue for a magnetic reversal, and the magnetic field has been weakening over the last 100 years.

MarkTheGreat on January 2, 2009 at 11:13 AM

You won’t hear me complaining about 2008…it was my very best year ever. My start-up business (5 years old) had it’s biggest year ever, and I got engaged!

If 2009 comes anywhere near 2008, I’ll be a very happy man.

Cheers!

asc85 on January 2, 2009 at 12:03 PM

apacalyps, first glad you are a Christian! Faith in Jesus is what matters. I do not see the Rapture in Scripture. Best wishes and God Bless!

sabbott on January 2, 2009 at 5:46 AM

When the rapture of the church takes place I anticipate the world will be in shock. I think the rapture is clearly taught in Scripture and I could prove it to you with the Bible, but it sounds like you’ve made up your mind on this issue. That said, you are correct in that a persons salvation does not depend on whether or not they believe the rapture will happen. It’s dependant on whether or not a person has repented, that is, turned from their sins once and for all, and put their faith in Jesus the same way you put your trust in a parachute to save you. Best wishes, and God Bless you too!

apacalyps on January 2, 2009 at 11:51 PM

Omae no namida wo miru. Test

DarkCurrent on January 20, 2013 at 3:50 PM