A Jewcy photo-caption opportunity

posted at 4:00 pm on December 31, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

This is making the rounds this week, from LGF to Right Wing News to Q&O, and what better way to end the year but with a photo-caption open thread that relies on the idiocy of protestors?  This comes from a pro-Palestinian demonstration in Manhattan on Sunday, where participants wanted to show both their intelligence and their tolerance.  The latter can be found in the small print just above “Juice”, where the protestor managed to spell (Zionist) correctly.  It’s a good thing he clarified, because I had a couple of alternate takes on what this meant before I expanded the picture:

1. He’s unhappy with the sentence OJ Simpson received in Las Vegas.
  2. Tropicana was really behind the 9/11 attacks.
  3. Got Milk?

Feel free to contribute your best caption, and have a safe and happy New Year celebration tonight!  We’re still waiting for Granddaughter #2 to make her debut, so with a little luck, perhaps we’ll ring in the new year at the maternity ward tonight!

Update: You’ve laughed at the picture — now get the T-shirt! (via Jammie Wearing Fool)

Update II: Robert Spencer says Pamela Geller had the pic first, so let’s put up a link to Atlas Shrugs.  He has another “Death to All Juice” pic and says that the wording is deliberate so as to give the protestors “plausible deniability” from being pegged as genocidists.  If so, that makes them even more foolish and comical than first thought.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

This is obviously and example of spell check abuse.

The problem is trying to figure out what word he original misspelled to get “juice”, Judaism, Jewish, Jerusalem, Judah?

Reverse engineering stupidity is much more difficult than I though it would be.

DSchoen on December 31, 2008 at 10:16 PM

AP – Responding to charges of their ignoring calls for Jewish “genocide” in many Muslim quarters, CAIR spokesman, Ali-Abdur Raihim, denied the existence of the alleged “Juice” sign, saying that this was clearly a case of “pulp fiction”

LexisTexas2 on December 31, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Death to all Muscle Limbs

John the Libertarian on December 31, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Feel free to contribute your best caption

“Will work for a shave, shower, and a can of Right Guard”

Hog Wild on December 31, 2008 at 11:32 PM

“Let’s go. Time to get you wired up.”

Weber48IDA on December 31, 2008 at 11:53 PM

“No, No, No, that one’s for the Citrus Bowl Parade!”

Weber48IDA on December 31, 2008 at 11:57 PM

Death to all Muscle Limbs

John the Libertarian on December 31, 2008 at 11:30 P

HAH!

SouthernGent on January 1, 2009 at 12:06 AM

…a new year anywhere near to happy….

…with a celebrity-dazzled electorate having elected one of the most ethically challenged neophyte politicians extant to the top job….

…with the alternative to him being elected being Hilary Clinton….

…with a celebrity-fascinated New York ready to roll-over to accept someone to replace Clinton who has no work experience whatever…solely on the basis of her family name….

…with photographic evidence that we’re up against morons like this guy…we’re up against cartoon characters, folks….

…tough one…2009′s gonna be a tough one….

Puritan1648 on January 1, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Read The Protocols of The Elders of Sunkist, people, it’s all in there! They’ve already got you’re children AND The Florida Citrus Growers!!!

SuperCool on January 1, 2009 at 1:59 AM

* Fact Checked By the NY Times

* “Dude. That guy behind me is laughing at you. Are you gonna take that?”

* All your juice are belong to us

* “Ali, my arm is asleep. Let me hold the sign, can you take this camera out of my hand?”

* “Shakar… it’s MY turn to hold the sign. You promised!”

* “Move the damned sign, you’re blocking my view of Willard Scott!”

cannonball on January 1, 2009 at 5:13 AM

“This will get that infidel Al Roker’s attention for sure!”

Black Adam on January 1, 2009 at 5:17 AM

Not really a caption here, but it reminds me of that South Park episode where Cartman refers to Kyle as a J-O-O.

HockeyTemper on January 1, 2009 at 6:39 AM

No, Ahmed, I’m sure it’s the correct spellin. I asked my fourth grade teacher, Mr. Goldberg, and he’s the smartest man I know.

morganfrost on January 1, 2009 at 7:22 AM

Reminds me of the episode of Deadwood with Swearengen telling Wu he needs to check out how much ‘juice’ the guy has, and Wu thinks he says Jews.

cyclosarin on January 1, 2009 at 7:40 AM

“I’m pro-oxidants.”

looking4statesmen on January 1, 2009 at 8:14 AM

Robert Spencer says Pamela Geller had the pic first, so let’s put up a link to Atlas Shrugs. He has another “Death to All Juice” pic and says that the wording is deliberate so as to give the protestors “plausible deniability” from being pegged as genocidists. If so, that makes them even more foolish and comical than first thought.

It’s also possible that the wording is some kind of sick in-joke for Muslim radicals, which makes it just as stupid, but somewhat less comical. I’m not thrilled to agree with Robert Spencer, but the T-Shirts are a bad idea.

RightOFLeft on January 1, 2009 at 8:53 AM

That guy just needs more taller ants.

paustin110 on January 1, 2009 at 10:00 AM

I gradulate from Al-fran-Ken Bummers Kool.

Mark30339 on January 1, 2009 at 10:23 AM

RE: GAZA New Year’s Day News

The Associated Press misapply the word “assassinate” as this is warfare, and the deaths occurred in aerial attack battle in retaliation to Hamas breaking the peace truce.

IBRAHIM BARZAK and AMY TEIBEL, Associated Press, Jan.1, 2009, Yahoo News

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip – Israel assassinated a Hamas strongman Thursday [Nizar Rayan, 52, ranked among Hamas' top five decision-makers in Gaza] in its first assault on the top leadership of Gaza’s rulers, escalating a crushing aerial offensive even as it declared it was ready to launch a ground invasion.

maverick muse on January 1, 2009 at 10:49 AM

You big DUMMY! You’re supposed to be in Las Vegas

Herb on January 1, 2009 at 12:31 PM

Why do Moose Limes hate Juice?

Bicyea on January 1, 2009 at 12:39 PM

I have bad eyes so I first misread the sign as ‘death to all justice’. That made some sense as an islamic goal. The comments made me go back to see it was ‘juice’ instead

Death to zionist juice would make sense. These guys would never drink the juice of zionists

On the other hand what if they wanted to say ‘justice’ but got juice instead out of their inslamic spell checker?

Or maybe it is not a typo?

Perhaps they were hoping to stop the expansion of zionist juicers into the Gaza? That would call for heavy rocket fire to stop zionist juicers from infiltrating islamic juicer stations. Zionist juicers get their start in elementary school so that could explain the rocket hitting the school

Juice is a touchy subject and I hope aI have not offended anyone

entagor on January 1, 2009 at 1:14 PM

He’s a protester at a health food convention?

Fandango on January 1, 2009 at 2:24 PM

“All your Juice belong to us”

BobMbx on January 1, 2009 at 2:27 PM

Meanwhile in Americas Muslim heartland local police become Clancy Wiggamlike in their approach to “cultural barriers”.

BL@KBIRD on January 1, 2009 at 2:31 PM

After a year of bad things happening, here is a glimmer of good news. Americas struggle to protect the Muslims of the former Yugoslavia is beginning to ripen into a promising harvest.

BL@KBIRD on January 1, 2009 at 2:44 PM

I thought “Zionist Juice” was an energy drink.

Rod on January 1, 2009 at 3:36 PM

DEATH TO ALL (ZIONIST) JUICE

Un-cap your Prigat Mango Nectar! Let it spoil!

eeyore on January 1, 2009 at 3:49 PM

“Let’s go. Time to get you wired up.”
Weber48IDA on December 31, 2008

ROFLMAO

“Dude, they just called, your vest is ready.”

DSchoen on January 1, 2009 at 4:01 PM

Robert Spencer says that the wording is deliberate so as to give the protestors “plausible deniability” from being pegged as genocidists.

How does he figure it gives them that?

“Your honor, my sign proves I’m too stupid to be prejudiced”?

NoSquids on January 1, 2009 at 4:11 PM

Anagrams? Didn’t think of that.

Perhaps the poor LAD suffers from ACUTE JILT(ed) HOE syndrome.

DETAIL JOULE CHAT Could this sign mean, “bomb talk”?

Someone needs to get a hold of the CIA and figure out who

ALOHA, JEDI CUTLET could be?

DSchoen on January 1, 2009 at 4:42 PM

“Zionist Juice™”

It’s a real He Brew.©

heh.

You KNOW you wished you’d thought of that.

MT

Mistahtibbs on January 1, 2009 at 5:44 PM

Death to Hummus!

Fly On The Wall on January 1, 2009 at 5:46 PM

Oh, and my caption?

Simple really.

“What do you mean I spelled it wrong? It’s Z.I.O.N.I.S.T. See? Stupid Shia”

MT

Weak, I know but I blew my wad on the previous post.

Now I’m gonna crack open a can of Zionist Juice™, the true He Brew© for real men. Even Goys like me.

Mistahtibbs on January 1, 2009 at 5:50 PM

Please write, email, fax your elected officials. These protests are growing in their numbers and violence. No more muslim immigration. Atlas Shrugs has report on the new prayer added in American mosques asking for destruction of Israel (the west). Stop this insanity. Sweden is ruined, Denmark, France had another 1000 cars torched by “yuts”. Unemployment is up we do not need mor immigration, especially from terrorist supporting countries.

nondhimmie on January 1, 2009 at 7:19 PM

“What did you say? I thought we were protesting against Minute Maid. Then why’s everybody else saying, “Kill the Juice?” Oh. Ohhhhh.

R. Waher on January 1, 2009 at 11:22 PM

Well the juice is definitely okay – but the Hummas… that is rotten and needs to be trashed… throw the hummas out !

nagee76 on January 1, 2009 at 11:43 PM

Fly On the Wall,
Dang, you beat me to it :-)

nagee76 on January 1, 2009 at 11:52 PM

Did anyone already think of muzzle ‘ems?

Laura in Maryland on January 2, 2009 at 12:02 AM

All this time I thought it was Photo Shopped!

Skandia Recluse on January 2, 2009 at 12:44 AM

I thought he meant “Death to all justice” – but of course, I could be wrong.

Aronne on January 2, 2009 at 9:41 AM

“Disgruntled sports bettor rails against bookie profiteering.”

Skull on January 2, 2009 at 9:59 AM

RightOfLeft:

I’m not thrilled to agree with Robert Spencer…

Why? What evil have I committed?

Just wonderin’.

Robert Spencer on January 2, 2009 at 10:37 AM

The Famous One:

Can we get more of Robert Spencer in 2009?

Sure. Come to http://www.jihadwatch.org.

And thanks.

Robert Spencer on January 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Where’s Islamic Rage Boy when you need him?

thecountofincognito on January 2, 2009 at 11:13 AM

RightOfLeft:

I’m not thrilled to agree with Robert Spencer…
Why? What evil have I committed?

Just wonderin’.

Robert Spencer on January 2, 2009 at 10:37 AM

You are enlightening even the dhimmis, Robert, and they don’t like it one bit.

Disturb the Universe on January 2, 2009 at 11:34 AM

Death to Hams

faraway on January 2, 2009 at 11:34 AM

My 2008 didn’t suck other than that whole STFU and vote for McCain stuff from faux Republicans.

you have a mental illness.

wise_man on January 2, 2009 at 11:38 AM

All of you guys doing your little “who gets credit for a stupid photo” trick are acting like little children from the old media.

faraway on January 2, 2009 at 11:40 AM

These people are SOOOO SSSSSSTTTTTTTUUUUPPPPIIIIIDDDD.

Israel gives them autonomy for the first time in their history, and instead of building a society, they shoot rockets at Israel. Mass Palestinian suicide would be a great new years present.

saiga on January 2, 2009 at 11:56 AM

Why? What evil have I committed?

Just wonderin’.

Robert Spencer on January 2, 2009 at 10:37 AM

you defame the religion of peace you just don’t understand that everything would peaceful if we just bent over 5 times a day to mecca, and do what those bearded guys in robes say to do!!

anything less is intolerant, bigoted, racist, and hateful..

remember they’re just ‘utes’ out having them some fun, buring cars, shooting missiles…shooting at jews…nothing to see here….

right4life on January 2, 2009 at 12:17 PM

oh and keep up the good work Mr. Spencer. nothing these scum fear more than the truth….thats why they have to ban christianity…islam loses the battle of ideas every time…

you have a great deal of courage..I hope the Lord continues to protect you in your work…

right4life on January 2, 2009 at 12:25 PM

While funny, the swine holding this picture deserves nothing less than deportation and/or constant surveillance.

Bleed_thelizard on January 2, 2009 at 12:29 PM

I think we’re un for some serious trouble in 09. I defended a muslim, with whom I work, on this site a couple of months ago. Wednesday he came to wish me a happy new year and to for some reason go on a tirade about how the “Jews were massacuring Palestinians”. I had to stop him several times to tell him I disagreed and that if any country was being attacked on a daily basis like Israel was at some point they would also take action… It was a real eye opener for me to see the amount of hate he felt free to express to me, a person who he knows is Christian… and though I think the Palestinians have a right to be upset about how they lost land they lived on for hundreds of years…the daily attacks are wrong…

CCRWM on January 2, 2009 at 1:24 PM

the arabs weren’t there until the jews started returning to israel in the late 1800s…the land was a wasteland…and Samuel Clemens said.

A travel guide to Palestine and Syria, published in 1906 by Karl Baedeker, illustrates the fact that, even when the Islamic Ottoman Empire ruled the region, the Muslim population in Jerusalem was minimal. The book estimates the total population of the city at 60,000, of whom 7,000 were Muslims, 13,000 were Christians and 40,000 were Jews

link

right4life on January 2, 2009 at 2:04 PM

To clarify:

“I’ll take ‘what is ebonics?’ for five hundred, Alex.”

locomotivebreath1901 on January 2, 2009 at 2:15 PM

here’s a story of the ‘utes’ just having them some fun on new years…

Update: The French press reported that the Interior Ministry released a final “verified” count of 1,147 vehicles burned in France over New Year’s Eve. The number is up 30.64% from last year’s total, 878.

link

and the word muslim, or islam is never mentioned in the story….just ‘utes’ having fun….

right4life on January 2, 2009 at 2:41 PM

Last time I checked, land ownership in the world has been determined by wars, or more specifically, by those that win the wars. Check history: Palestine lost to Israel in 1967. Lost. Done. You don’t make the rules when you are a loser. Precedents mean nothing when you lose a war.

So unless Palestine wants to launch a full scale war to take back the land they desire, they need to give it a rest and/or take what they instigate.

cannonball on January 2, 2009 at 3:53 PM

Robert Spencer on January 2, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Nice to know you are still around. Wish you were still posting on HA.

upinak on January 2, 2009 at 4:31 PM

right4life on January 2, 2009 at 12:17 PM

it is a religon of peas… come on, get with the Vegatable/Fruit/Juice program!

upinak on January 2, 2009 at 4:32 PM

upinak:

Nice to know you are still around. Wish you were still posting on HA.

Thanks. I am still around. I am still posting at Jihad Watch, many times daily. Finished the Qur’an Blog, of which part was posted at HA, a few weeks ago. You can get it all here.

Also, weekly columns at Human Events and FrontPage.

Advertisement over, and thank you.

Robert Spencer on January 2, 2009 at 6:34 PM

upinak:

Nice to know you are still around. Wish you were still posting on HA.

Thank you very much. I am still around. I post regularly, many times daily, at Jihad Watch. Finished the Qur’an Blog, some of which appeared at HA, a few weeks ago. You can get all of it here.

Robert Spencer on January 2, 2009 at 6:37 PM

A day without Juice is like a day without Sunstein.

(with apologies to Anita Bryant)

shaken on January 2, 2009 at 6:38 PM

“Yes, I wrote this and, yes, I work for The New York times as an editor and fact-checker.”

Theophile on January 2, 2009 at 7:18 PM

Why has nobody picked up on the following:

A group of Democratic governors warned Friday that without as much as $1 trillion in federal assistance, many states will not be able to pay their bills in the next year.

“There are states that are talking as California has of not being able to meet their financial obligations in the coming months,” New York Gov. David Paterson (D) said on a conference call with reporters. California announced in December that all state employees would be forced to take two days of unpaid leave.

Paterson was joined by New Jersey Gov. Jon Corzine (D), Massachusetts Gov. Deval Patrick (D), Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland (D) and Wisconsin Gov. Jim Doyle (D) in warning that states across the country will be forced to make drastic budget cuts in the face of unprecedented deficits.

“We are not crying wolf, this is one of the worst situations our states have faced,” Strickland said. “This is a real crisis. These are real problems. And if we don’t get some significant assistance many of those in our states will suffer greatly.”

Strickland added that the situation facing the state of Ohio is so dire that in order to balance his state’s budget he would have to fund every state program at 75 percent of its current level. “If I were simply to flat fund the operations of this government I’d end up with $7.3 billion in deficit,” he said. “We’re just trying to keep afloat.”

Notice how all of these governors are Democrats. Apparently they (and their RINO cousin Arnold) can’t balance a budget or cut their rapidly escalating social programs.

I would love a study on the bankruptcy state of the various states against the makeup of their governorship/congresses over the last twenty years. I think that it would show just how bad the leftist policies are for the states.

Theophile on January 2, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Sorry – I couldn’t resist:

Fixed with Photoshop

uptight on January 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM

uptight on January 2, 2009 at 9:08 PM

Hamas
Barbaric medieval theocratic imperialists who viciously oppress women, gays and other races / religions. Try their best to murder civilians.

Israel
Liberal democracy embodying gender, race & religious equality, promote gay rights. Try their best to avoid civilian casualties.

Who are you gonna support, hippy?

uptight on January 2, 2009 at 9:15 PM

link

right4life on January 2, 2009 at 2:04 PM

Thanks for the link I’ll do some more researc since I’ve read pretty good articles that state some Palestinians lost thier homes…

Theophile on January 2, 2009 at 7:32 PM

Califonia is in big trouble because the cost of illegal immigation is 11 billion dollars…so in essense State employees are going to lose pay in order to be forced against their will to partly subsidize people who are here illegally and who cost us taxpayers much more than what they supposedly contribute. L.A. has a Mexican mayor who has made it a sanctuary city and he’s running for re-election basically unopposed …Californians especially Angelenos are pathethic…

CCRWM on January 3, 2009 at 1:28 AM

G’morning

Ugly on January 3, 2009 at 5:54 AM

Another example of why socialism is not sustainable.

Johan Klaus on January 3, 2009 at 11:00 AM

And I could have had a V-8.

Johan Klaus on January 3, 2009 at 11:01 AM

A fatwa on citrus?…
MONSTERS !

>:)

Handel on January 3, 2009 at 10:34 PM

This guy must really hate OJ

kanda on January 4, 2009 at 5:18 PM