NYC deputy mayor pushing Caroline for Senate gives up in frustration

posted at 5:24 pm on December 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Here’s what happens when you try a shock-and-awe PR strategy with a dud of a candidate as its centerpiece. Result: Paterson’s now interviewing other people for the seat and not being shy about publicizing it.

“Everything was backfiring,” said one source of the intense behind-the-scenes effort by Deputy Mayor Kevin Sheekey.

“He’s not out front any more.”

The source said that Sheekey had hoped to round up overwhelming support for Kennedy very quickly so she would become the inevitable choice when Gov. Paterson selects the successor to Hillary Clinton…

“They tried to take everybody else out,” said the source. “It didn’t work. They were out there way, way too early.”…

“She wasn’t prepped enough,” said the source. “She wasn’t ready to do this.”

Sheekey’s a longtime Bloomberg crony who apparently knows her through his work for Schwarzenegger. How smart is it is to have America’s foremost daughter of privilege being touted by a lackey of one of America’s richest men? This smart:

They worry that the Bloomberg administration’s advocacy for Ms. Kennedy will only reinforce her image as a privileged Upper East Sider whose biggest base of support is from Manhattan’s exclusive social set.

“It appears to be another case of central casting by the city’s cognoscenti,” said a Democratic city councilman, John C. Liu. “It’s amazing how much it’s all about the upper crust.”

Rory I. Lancman, a state assemblyman, said that there was “a growing concern that high public office is being reserved for a better class of people — people who can buy into it like Michael Bloomberg or people who can come into it through their celebrity like Caroline Kennedy.”

She’s still a contender, I assume, but the one thing a celebrity candidate can’t afford to be is ridiculous and that horse, alas for poor Caroline, has already left the barn. Submitted for your approval below, the verbal-tic director’s cut. Exit question: As bad as she is, there are worse appointments Paterson could make, no?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

But CAMELOT!!!111!

Kensington on December 30, 2008 at 5:27 PM

No more Kennedies. No mas.

You know?

VolMagic on December 30, 2008 at 5:31 PM

Uncle Teddy isn’t going to like this one bit.

LOL-He might even threaten to drive Sheekey home!

Dave R. on December 30, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Lets not go to Camelot, Its such a silly place.

5u93rm4n on December 30, 2008 at 5:32 PM

hahha This is great.

becki51758 on December 30, 2008 at 5:34 PM

My favorite line:

In my family, you know, public service is really the greatest honor that anyone can have.

Huh? I think Caroline let slip what her family REALLY thinks about public service. It something to give her honor. Frankly, she sounds like the Precedent-Elect. I have to hand it to Harvard and Columbia, they turn out some pretty smart cookies …

progressoverpeace on December 30, 2008 at 5:34 PM

“While I was thinking about it…in my own head…”

Who else’s head would you be using to think, Caroline?

Disturb the Universe on December 30, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Ah, too bad.
Hey, I have an idea. How about a nice, leasurely drive with uncle Teddy, Caroline?

HornetSting on December 30, 2008 at 5:34 PM

Lets not go to Camelot, Its such a silly place.

5u93rm4n on December 30, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Plus pretty much, you know, a like lie, you know.

Those of you who watch Mad Men know that that show does an excellent job pouring cold water on the myth that was the early 1960s.

Illinidiva on December 30, 2008 at 5:37 PM

But I thought she was the Anointed, blessed by Hillary Herself! Whahappen?

pilamaye on December 30, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Caroline? No. Even the left is embarassed by that little display.

Next topic- Why the hell is Charlie Rangel still at large?That seahag Pelosi needs to shut him down fast! I see major humiliation coming down on the Dem’s from that idiot.

anniekc on December 30, 2008 at 5:39 PM

I’m still pulling for Caroline.

lodge on December 30, 2008 at 5:42 PM

Further proof the Ivy League legacy slots don’t work.

SouthernGent on December 30, 2008 at 5:45 PM

“Country-club Republicans Democrats”

Truth in labelling – better late than never.

drunyan8315 on December 30, 2008 at 5:48 PM

How ’bout no more Caroline pics….she’s really, like, ugly, y’ know?

ex-Democrat on December 30, 2008 at 5:49 PM

That’s painful to watch…must be all those years of inbreeding.

Wyznowski on December 30, 2008 at 5:49 PM

Further proof the Ivy League legacy slots don’t work.

Neither do Ivy League legacy recipients.

drunyan8315 on December 30, 2008 at 5:50 PM

Illinidiva on December 30, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Great show, for the ice with that cold water read “Revolutionary Road” or watch the movie when it’s released.

Camelot was a figment of the Kennedy’s imagination.

Knucklehead on December 30, 2008 at 5:51 PM

Randy

williars on December 30, 2008 at 5:52 PM

Camelot has become a camel lot, with the ensuing mess on the ground.

Buford Gooch on December 30, 2008 at 5:52 PM

You? No.

dont taze me bro on December 30, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Will Dick Cavett do a piece on Caroline now?

(Yeah, I said I was taking a break from HA. Can’t stay away)

I am embarrassed for her and mad at the media all at the same time. The media and the people who pushed her in this direction. And I’m trying to be respectful of her desire to do this even if I don’t think she’s qualified.

But Holy Cow, it’s impossible to not draw the distinction between the coverage of her and of Sarah Palin and how they were covered/treated by the media.

hawkdriver on December 30, 2008 at 5:53 PM

I heard Geraldo was going to have a Seance and JFK,RFK,Jackie O,JFK JR, Houdini, & FDR were going to endorse her. Oh well.

“Sweet caroline
Good times never seemed so good
Ive been inclined
To believe they never would”

Thanks Neil Diamond.

portlandon on December 30, 2008 at 5:54 PM

Too bad…she’s been preparing so diligently.

flipflop on December 30, 2008 at 5:55 PM

the one thing a celebrity candidate can’t afford to be is ridiculous, and that horse’s ass or poor Caroline has already left the barn.

Revisionism for the revisionist Caroline, whose own choice of words are that she can not afford to not have this seat, and that she is starving.

maverick muse on December 30, 2008 at 5:56 PM

Maybe Caroline Kennedy Onassis needs Tom Cruise’s endorsement next. I wonder if he WOULD. LOL

maverick muse on December 30, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Wow, she’s just so unattractive. Poor thing. Go to Five Guys and get a bacon cheeseburger. Maybe then she won’t be so lifeless like in that top photo. Ehh.

hockey2k5 on December 30, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Camelot was a figment of the Kennedy’s imagination.

If JFK was not assassinated, would have been remembered as a mediocre at best President.

There was a fair amount of doubt that he would even be re-elected in ’64. Why do you think he was campaigning in Dallas? He was going to need every vote. The ’60 election was the closest election result until 2000.

“Camelot” was nothing more than Jackie O redecorating the White house & The JFK funeral procession set to some crappy Elton John song. Get over it.

portlandon on December 30, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Ah, so my dream of the Al Sharpton appointment isn’t dead. If we can’t have a barnyard animal, Sharpton would be almost as entertaining.

austinnelly on December 30, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Caroline stated that 9/11 and Obama’s encouragment were the cause for her interest in seeking the appointment. 9/11 was 7 years ago and it took her all that time to actively pursue her goal of public service? Seems to me it took a senate seat she thought would be handed to her on the basis of her last name to become vacant that spurred her on, not 9/11. I mean seriously, if 9/11 inspired her or you or me to get involved would it really take 7 years. She is full of bs. She figured she would skip the process of getting elected and disclosing personal finanacial records etc. and just walk into the Senate. Caroline should be ashamed for invoking 9/11.

church on December 30, 2008 at 6:07 PM

…even spawning a hip-hop-style mash-up online blending her “you knows” with President-elect Barack Obama’s “uhs.”…

“Kennedy Obama UmYouKnow Remix”

It surprised me that an AP article actually brought O into this.

INC on December 30, 2008 at 6:08 PM

She just yammers.

Cicero43 on December 30, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Caroline should be ashamed for invoking 9/11.

church on December 30, 2008 at 6:07 PM

Liberals are impervious to shame. In fact, they seem to revel in it, like a pig in slop.

progressoverpeace on December 30, 2008 at 6:10 PM

I had to come back and post: get her pic off the front page!

WOOF WOOF.

ex-Democrat on December 30, 2008 at 6:12 PM

I’ve been saying all along that we need to get behind the Princess being named Senator. Now we’re going to get stuck with someone like Cuomo who knows how to run and who will be returned every six years by a Dem majority. Had Princess run in 2010 she could have easily lost to Peter King who knows how to get releected.

This is why the NYT tanked her. They know a Repub could have claimed the seat in two years.

grdred944 on December 30, 2008 at 6:14 PM

This woman does not project a great or even good intellect. I don’t care how many Ivy League degrees she has, it is obvious the Kennedy family bought and paid for her degrees just like they did John, Jr.’s bar exam when they finally figured out he didn’t have the brains to pass it after 3 or 4 attempts. The Kennedys should just go away already.

church on December 30, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Where it began, I can’t begin to know when
But then I know it’s growing strong
Oh, wasn’t the spring, whooo
And spring became the summer
Who’d believe you’d come along

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
I’ve been inclined to believe it never would

And now I, I look at the night, whooo
And it don’t seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two, oh
And when I hurt
Hurting runs off my shoulder
How can I hurt when holding you

Oh, one, touching one, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
Oh I’ve been inclined to believe it never would

Ohhh, sweet Caroline, good times never seem so good

Mr. Joe on December 30, 2008 at 6:15 PM

portlandon on December 30, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Thank you for representing my exact thoughts on all-things Kennedy.

D2Boston on December 30, 2008 at 6:16 PM

The only Talented Kennedys!

dmann on December 30, 2008 at 6:16 PM

You do not even have to parody that song’s lyrics. They just work.

Mr. Joe on December 30, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Why are so many Liberal women ugly? If I hear one more msm reporter say she is attractive I’m going to barf. In no way is this woman attractive.

church on December 30, 2008 at 6:27 PM

Uh, you know, not really.

scalleywag on December 30, 2008 at 6:27 PM

church on December 30, 2008 at 6:07 PM

I thought that was more than a little tacky too. It would be interesting to know in what manner she contributed to the city of New York after that tragic event, seeing as how she was so inspired to serve. Did she even serve tea for the firemen?

scalleywag on December 30, 2008 at 6:30 PM

portlandon on December 30, 2008 at 5:59 PM

Exactly.

scalleywag on December 30, 2008 at 6:34 PM

I feel pretty safe in saying the whoever he picks, from the available pool of Dems is going to suck…

AUINSC on December 30, 2008 at 6:35 PM

scalleywag on December 30, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Hell she wasn’t even inspired to vote according to the New York media. If she can’t bother to vote I doubt she did anything else.

church on December 30, 2008 at 6:35 PM

the only good Kennedy is a Dead Kennedy (i.e. the band Dead Kennedys, not wishing the grim reaper visit anyone named Kennedy)

mrfixit on December 30, 2008 at 6:35 PM

The NYT will be $27 million poorer soon

faraway on December 30, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Will Dick Cavett do a piece on Caroline now?

hawkdriver on December 30, 2008 at 5:53 PM

I made this momment on Cavett’s last post.

We eagerly await your review of the wordsmithing skills of Camelot’s lone scion, Mr. Cavett.

— Julette Akinyi Ochieng

We’ll see if it isn’t moderated away.

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 6:46 PM

momment=comment

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 6:46 PM

Alas, but Camelot is dead.

faraway on December 30, 2008 at 6:49 PM

maverick muse on December 30, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Dude, That’s almost as bad as the MSM calling her “Mrs.” Kennedy. :)

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 6:51 PM

For a woman in her fifties she is attractive (certainly better than average). She better avoid the back lights, however, because she inhereted her mom’s propensity for facial hair. Unfortunately, the milage catches up with us all.

Mr. Joe on December 30, 2008 at 6:51 PM

Mr. Joe on December 30, 2008 at 6:51 PM

I guess we will disagree on this one. It isn’t her age that makes her unattractive. We all get wrinkles etc. She looks exactly the same as when she was young except she has some facial lines now. In my opinion she was ugly then and now. I know many women her age who look much better and they do not have the benefit of high price salons and plastic surgery. Although it doesn’t look like she has had plastic surgery and she may believe every age has its own beauty, which I generally agree with, but unfortunately in my opinion Caroline, and most of the Kennedy women, never had an age of beauty.

church on December 30, 2008 at 6:58 PM

progressoverpeace on December 30, 2008 at 5:34 PM

They do public service because no one in their right mind would hire a bunch of drugged out immoral losers. Luckily, they have the money so they don’t need a job for income.

Blake on December 30, 2008 at 6:58 PM

But… but… but… she wrote a children’s book! And another comprised of Jackie O’s poetry! Ctrl-C, Ctrl-V is hard work that imminently qualifies her for the Senate.

Hollowpoint on December 30, 2008 at 6:59 PM

If Caroline does not get this appointment–and I hope that Paterson has better sense–she could still enter political life the old fashioned way. She can work herself up through local politics and show NY and all of us what she is really made of. I, for one, would think more highly of her should she take this route. But, she apparently wants to start at the top and feels that she is perfectly justified for esoteric and unfathomable reasons of her own.

jeanie on December 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM

Caroline sights raising three children as a qualification for being a senator and Andrea Mitchell went on and on about how that should not be dismissed, it is real work. So somebody tell me why Palin was asked if she could handle the VP job while raising children after she had already proven she could be a mayor and a governor while raising numerous children? Do these journalist really think we don’t catch these blatant double standards?

church on December 30, 2008 at 7:04 PM

good.

rob verdi on December 30, 2008 at 7:06 PM

hawkdriver on December 30, 2008 at 5:53 PM

+10!

That Couric interview is looking better every day.

Did this guy even ask Caroline any hard questions? They were throwing snowballs at her!

I remember reading somewhere that Caroline didn’t like speaking in public. I think we now know why. She obviously has a terrible “you know” speech tick. Half way through the interview I started to feel sorry for her, and then I remembered how the media treated Palin, and I felt only disgust at the double standard.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 7:08 PM

Me thinks,

that,

Caroline has recieved HOPE

from Obama,but not any of

the CHANGE!

canopfor on December 30, 2008 at 7:09 PM

church on December 30, 2008 at 7:04 PM

The double standard is so obvious it’s sickening.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 7:12 PM

Of course raising three children is work, just ask the mother who holds a full time job too. Few women would ever downgrade the importance of the “motherhood” gig–most know that it is probably the most important thing they do. But, having done it myself, I think I can convincingly say it has not qualifed me to be Senator.

jeanie on December 30, 2008 at 7:16 PM

jeanie on December 30, 2008 at 7:03 PM

That would mean work and I don’t believe she thinks politics should involve work. (if you’re a Kennedy)

thomasaur on December 30, 2008 at 7:17 PM

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 6:46 PM

“Momment” — I love it! That must be when the babies drive you crazy….

You are so much better than “uber-cool,” baldi!

MrScribbler on December 30, 2008 at 7:20 PM

Did these people learn nothing from John McCain? A bad candidate is a bad candidate and if you don’t choose responsibly, you end up opening the path for a filthy politician that is even more unfit for office.

highhopes on December 30, 2008 at 7:21 PM

But… but… but… she wrote a children’s book!

If thats a qualification, than get ready for Senator Madonna, Senator Rosie O’Donnell, & Senator Jamie Lee Curtis.

portlandon on December 30, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Let’s examine the Kennedy pedigree:

Womanizing father who nearly started World War 3
Drunken womanizing uncle who probably killed a woman he impregnated
Attorney general uncle who engaged in illegal domestic surveillance on noted civil rights leader
Jew-hating, Nazi-sympathizing grandfather who stole the presidential election for son #2

Unfortunately, her late brother was the only one of the bunch who I felt was a decent guy

J.J. Sefton on December 30, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Um..ah..like you know..Caroline is um..ah..how can i ah..um.
say this..ah..um..like you know..just as um..ah articulate..
you know..,and um..ah..qualified like you know..um..ah..um..
and like smart as ah..um..Obama..ah..um..you know!(Snark!)
Haha.

canopfor on December 30, 2008 at 7:24 PM

The video is much worse than the transcript, if that’s even possible. She sounds like an aging stoner from the 60s, except that she actually sounds stoned right now.

And – wtf? – after being laughingly compared to Jennifer Lopez, she actually starts talking about how great “JLo” is. You know, it’s like, OMG!

Jaibones on December 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM

Not to be too contrarian here but where’s the father in your equation? It takes a family! Marital status or child-rearing doesn’t qualify one for public office but the mother shouldn’t be the only one whose role in the process gets acknowledged! Particularly if mom works outside the home.

highhopes on December 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM

portlandon on December 30, 2008 at 7:22 PM

Of course it also qualifies Lynn Cheney and I’d love to see her in the Senate long before many of the corrupt politicians who actually are there.

highhopes on December 30, 2008 at 7:26 PM

heheh I particularly enjoyed that one… you know?

ReformedAndDangerous on December 30, 2008 at 7:26 PM

Let’s examine the Kennedy pedigree:

Don’t forget the Poor Rosemary Kennedy (JFK’s sister) who was a little slow, so they labotomized her in hopes that she could live up to the family name.

She died alone in a nursing home in seclusion.

Shame on the Kennedys.

portlandon on December 30, 2008 at 7:27 PM

Highhopes: Well since we were not talking about fathers, I didn’t see the need. But yes, a good father is priceless.

jeanie on December 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM

How about a lottery appointment?

Why not?

Just have the blind gov’r stick his hand into a hat of names of people who want the job.

It’d be more fair than the upper crust anointing their own.

HotAirJosef on December 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Again, now you all know what starved Manhattan socialites sound like. She’s no better or worse than average. It’s no wonder these idiots think Obama is such a genius. It’s just tragic that a majority of American voters took their advice.

funky chicken on December 30, 2008 at 7:34 PM

I made this momment on Cavett’s last post.
— Julette Akinyi Ochieng

We’ll see if it isn’t moderated away.

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 6:46 PM

I posted this one. Now I feel bad. (a little for piling on) But like I said, it’s not her, it’s the ones that derided Sarah Palin but think Caroline is all that and a bag of chips.

Yeah, great stuff, Dick!

Now it’s time to do an article about the “Yammering “You Know” Youngster from York” as a follow-up to your “The Wild Wordsmith of Wasilla”

I love Camelot stories, You know?

hawkdriver on December 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM

I wouldn’t have a problem going “back to Camelot”… give me an Irish-American, tax cutting President who is strong on defense…

… and if you’re keep score at home, that describes JFK and RWR… The difference being that Reagan never had his lunch money taken away from him by a Commie dictator at a summit.

darkpixel on December 30, 2008 at 7:41 PM

highhopes on December 30, 2008 at 7:25 PM

I agree that parenthood does not qualify anyone man or woman to be a senator. But let’s get real here. Even if a woman works outside the home in most families the majority of the parenting say about 80-90% falls to the mother. It’s usually the mom that gets the kids ready for school, drives them to school, joins the PTA, gets the kids to the sporting events, cooks most meals, gets the kids bathed and to bed, does the laundry etc. I know there are some house husbands out there and some dads who are really attentive but that isn’t the norm. Women being the primary caregiver always has been and always will be the norm and I am a mother with a a great husband and am not complaining about it. That’s just the way it is and maybe that is the way it is suppose to be.

church on December 30, 2008 at 7:42 PM

hawkdriver on December 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM

I agree. I don’t think Caroline is stupid, and I certainly don’t think Palin is stupid. It’s the double standard that angers me.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 7:44 PM

It’s not just the double standard for me. That angers me, but the way the media acts like they aren’t biased or even worse that we are to stupid to notice.

church on December 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Tragedy.

t.ferg on December 30, 2008 at 7:49 PM

The thing about the Kennedy’s(as I see it)is that they really, really feel they are and have been working for the good of the country. Ted has often said this in various oblique ways. Much of the left sees it this way too. Caroline must have grown up with this mantra and apparently feels that this mind-set(however the rest of us see it)is enough credential. I don’t think anything will change her mind or attitude. While it doesn’t excuse her presumption, perhaps it goes a little way toward explaining it?

jeanie on December 30, 2008 at 7:50 PM

OT: (sorta) Reuters, top of the HA Headlines.

Sarah Palin most desirable celebrity neighbor: poll.

So she is a celebrity? It just keeps getting gooder.

hawkdriver on December 30, 2008 at 7:53 PM

jeanie on December 30, 2008 at 7:16 PM

Been there, done that. And, I daresay that neither of us had anything like the household help that Caroline Kennedy had while she was slaving away at the job of motherhood. No carpooling, no laundry duty…I’m sure she had “people” to take care of that.

uncivilized on December 30, 2008 at 7:56 PM

church on December 30, 2008 at 7:46 PM

I agree. I think they don’t even realize how biased they are. I honestly think they’re clueless to their own behavior. It’s the Pauline Kael effect. Kael was the film critic who famously declared in 1972 that she was stunned that Nixon won because she didn’t know anyone who voted for him. Of course, Nixon carried 49 states and 60.7% of the popular vote. Pauline Kael’s Manhattan social set didn’t vote for him, and so naturally she assumed that they represented the rest of the country.

The MSM live in a bubble. They don’t see the contradiction in their assessments of Palin and Caroline Kennedy. They assume that it’s obvious that Caroline is brilliant and talented and Palin is unqualified and uninformed. No proof is necessary or possible to contradict these assumptions.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 7:56 PM

EPIC FAIL!

ZK on December 30, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Momment” — I love it! That must be when the babies drive you crazy….

You are so much better than “uber-cool,” baldi!

MrScribbler on December 30, 2008 at 7:20 PM<

No I’m just a horrible typist. :)

Now I feel bad. (a little for piling on)

hawkdriver on December 30, 2008 at 7:38 PM

Don’t feel bad about smacking Cavett. He looks down his nose at Generals also.

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 8:01 PM

They assume that it’s obvious that Caroline is brilliant and talented

It’s quite possible that, among her “own kind”, she IS considered talented and witty. Heck, maybe she’s brilliant, as well. Thing is, being any of those things, without the talent to express yourself clearly, to think on your feet and, if you’ll excuse the term, bulls%^t with the best of them, makes you a fine candidate for just about any job that does NOT require contact with the public. And that’s NOT a job description for a U.S. Senator.

uncivilized on December 30, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Don’t feel bad about smacking Cavett. He looks down his nose at Generals also.

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 8:01 PM

Actually Baldi, (and nice to see you) I meant I felt bad for piling on Caroline Kennedy when she appears to be down and maybe headed out. No one likes to feel like they’re turning into a bully.

Cavett: Not so much. He is the epitome of arrogant Manhattan Ass-Clown.

hawkdriver on December 30, 2008 at 8:06 PM

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 7:56 PM

I think you summed up the msm’s attitude just right. Your description reminds of a study I read about where some college did a study of liberals and conservatives asking each group a set of questions. Then they asked each group to put themselves in each others mindsets and asked the same questions asking each group to answer as they thought the other would. The study found that conservatives can easily put themselves in the mindset of liberals and answer the questions almost exactly as the liberal would, but the liberal could not even come close to approximating the conservatives answers. They definitely do not have the slightest understanding of who we are or what our beliefs are.

church on December 30, 2008 at 8:06 PM

She sounds stoned. She sounds rather stupid. A stupid, stoned celebrity.

Where o where is the SNL parody?

I thought not.

Maura O on December 30, 2008 at 8:07 PM

But Obama is a reincarnation of JFK.

I think daughter Caroline is a sign of what is to come in terms of dire consequences from trying to relive the Kennedy mystique.

Uh, you know, uh, uhhh, I’ve uh, answered that uhhh, question already, uh, and, you know… uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

thud

jeff_from_mpls on December 30, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Oh, dear. That clip was horrifyingly painful. The great Democrat hope, Caroline Kennedy, makes Sarah Palin look like a rocket scientist by comparison. Her “you know” verbal tics even make “um”-”ah”- Obama seem fluent. It is far more kind to quietly retire Caroline very quickly from public life. Pleeeeaaase!

marybel on December 30, 2008 at 8:15 PM

Mr. Joe on December 30, 2008 at 6:51 PM

church on December 30, 2008 at 6:58 PM

It is not her physical looks that are the problem. It is she is stupid and thinks she is entitled to this job that makes her ugly. To that extent I agree. After the unbelievably vicious attacks on Sarah Palin (who is self made, accomplished and truly hot)–we have to deal with this person whose only claim to fame is her family.

Mr. Joe on December 30, 2008 at 8:21 PM

I am thrilled that Ms. Caroline will probably not make it into Washington. Because she acted as if she deserved it, and need not earn it. I am sure there are ulterior motives by the press, particularly the NYT, but at least this is putting a speed bump on the runaway phenomenon in this country to exalt the “cool people”. The media and Obama voters won the first round but hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of this charade.

sherry on December 30, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Cavett: Not so much. He is the epitome of arrogant Manhattan Ass-Clown.

hawkdriver on December 30, 2008 at 8:06 PM

After the beating that Palin and her family have taken, I’m not feeling so kindly toward any of the “upper”crust northeastern set. I used to feel a little sorry for Kennedy because she had lost her entire immediate family, but I’m over that.

And it’s good to see you too.

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Mr. Joe on December 30, 2008 at 8:21 PM

I agree that the entitlement mentality is the bigger offense, after all she can’t help that she was born ugly. Point taken.

church on December 30, 2008 at 8:28 PM