McKinney gets a warm Israeli welcome

posted at 9:41 am on December 30, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Well, maybe not so much warm as hot, as in hot pursuit.  After the erstwhile Green Party presidential candidate announced her intention to carry medical supplies by boat to Hamas — an organization on the US State Department’s terrorist list, by the way — the former Congresswoman had a close encounter of the third kind with an Israeli warship:

An Israel Navy ship clashed on Tuesday with a small boat carrying international activists with aid destined for Gaza, an Israeli Foreign Ministry spokesman said.

There were no reported casualties from the incident involving the small cabin cruiser “Dignity” that sailed from Cyprus late on Monday. …

Free Gaza Movement told Reuters their boat, carrying 3.5 tons of medical aid with 16 people aboard, was rammed and shot at while in international waters about 70-80 miles off Gaza by Israeli naval vessel.

Palmor denied there had been any shooting although the two ships made “physical contact.” He said no one had been hurt and that the Israeli ship escorted the aid boat back to Cypriot territorial waters.

Michelle has links to McKinney’s political donors, which would explain why she sides with terrorists against the Israelis.  She and her family have made no secret of their distaste for Jews, and running supplies to their enemies certainly fits within their pattern of hostility.

Actually, though, I think McKinney would have been shocked to reach Gaza’s shore.  The whole blockade-running attempt was a cheap political stunt intended to get attention.  McKinney didn’t get the kind of attention she thought she’d get at the top of the Green ticket this year, since Barack Obama managed to suck up all of the media fawning available.  Ramming her Dignity got her exactly what she wanted, and a delicious piece of irony for the rest of us.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

There isn’t medication strong enough to make that woman sane.

eaglewingz08 on December 30, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Then perhaps surgery is in order. Like a frontal lobotomy with a dull, rusty chainsaw.

UltimateBob on December 30, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Why does the media even acknowledge this moronic trash?

rplat on December 30, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Cynthia McKinney = Classical Dem dope

byteshredder on December 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Why isn’t this b*tch in jail?

D2Boston on December 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Why does the media even acknowledge this moronic trash?

Barrack on December 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM

“Because an entire moronic voting bloc actually chose her to represent 1/435th of our House of Representatives I guess.”

They were smart enough to kick her worthless butt to the curb, let’s give them credit for that.

After all, Maxine Waters is still in office.

NoDonkey on December 30, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Amazing that we live in a country where you can attempt to give supplies to an organization on our terrorist list and not be jailed for treason.

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Good point, Eshtier. Even if she was bringing ‘humanitarian supplies’ wouldn’t there need to be some sort of clearance from our Government that she was allowed to aid our enemy?

Red State State of Mind on December 30, 2008 at 11:43 AM

Ram the boat? Feh.

Next time use a torpedo.

drjohn on December 30, 2008 at 11:44 AM

What would her hair look like after emerging from a sunken boat?

Barrack on December 30, 2008 at 11:46 AM

I would have loved to have seen that. Then don’t let her out without a valid arrival stamp in her passport.

DarkCurrent on December 30, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Did they check the boat for smuggled weapons?

DL13 on December 30, 2008 at 11:47 AM

I think that photo needs to have a warning sheath over it.

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Give that girl some activator plz.

Mercy4Me on December 30, 2008 at 9:50 AM

She actually needs a relaxer, but I quibble.

SouthernGent on December 30, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Glad to see someone here in the know. :)

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Doesn’t this woman embarrass ANYONE on her side? C’mon, anyone?

Thanks for the laughs this morning, everyone!

Fishoutofwater on December 30, 2008 at 12:06 PM

“Doesn’t this woman embarrass ANYONE on her side? C’mon, anyone?”

I think we all know the answer to that. The left is incapable of embarrassment.

That would take scruples, self-awareness and intelligence, all of which the left is devoid of.

Lefties probably think McKinney is Jimi Hendrix and she’s going to jam the National Anthem at Woodstock, gimmee another bong hit, man, I’m keeping it real.

NoDonkey on December 30, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Debbie Schlussel on December 30, 2008 at 10:36 AM

You said:

Now another prominent conservative blogger who read that column is using both of these without proper credit to me, unfortunately.

Who?

(Google returns about 435,000 results for jihad cindy).

gh on December 30, 2008 at 12:15 PM

As a white girl with a major case of the Rosanne Rosanna Dannas, I must protest the juvenile remarks about this woman’s hair. Instead, let her be judged by the content of her character. I hereby proclaim Cynthia McKiney Empress Assclown Extraordinaire, Queen of Treason, and Grand Duchess of Stupidity.

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 12:23 PM

What a pig.

Y-not on December 30, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Did she break any laws? US or Internationally?

Kini on December 30, 2008 at 11:29 AM

The picture clearly documents crimes against nature itself.

DarkCurrent on December 30, 2008 at 12:32 PM

Bill Clinton would hit it. If he all ready hasn’t.

dragonash on December 30, 2008 at 12:34 PM

…rammed? Is the Israeli navy out of torpedos?

…there’s an attention-getting mission we could organize, counter to that of Ms. McKinney…”Torpedos for Israel!”….

…bringing supplies to one side in a war zone and you find yourself seen-off by the other side…who’d'a thunk it!

Puritan1648 on December 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Bill Clinton would hit it. If he all ready hasn’t.

dragonash on December 30, 2008 at 12:34 PM

*Gag* *hhfm* *choke*

That was too funny; gross, but funny.

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 12:39 PM

…rammed? Is the Israeli navy out of torpedos?

Puritan1648 on December 30, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Landing Ms. McKinney in the drink would pollute the water.

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Why isn’t this b*tch in jail?

D2Boston on December 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Good question? Why isn’t this anti-American traitor being tried for treason?

sinsing on December 30, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Debbie Schlussel on December 30, 2008 at 10:36 AM

You said:

Who?

(Google returns about 435,000 results for jihad cindy).

gh on December 30, 2008 at 12:15 PM

One thing you can count on from Debbie, always crying about someone “stealing” her lines.
As if Hanoi Jane hasn’t been used on almost every women liberal activist for decades…hey Debbie, did you ever give credit to the person who dubbed Jane, Hanoi Jane?
Grow up, and quit whining…

right2bright on December 30, 2008 at 12:56 PM

They should have rammed her with a missile…
But she has a loyal following, whom you can bet voted 100% for Obama…birds of a feather…

right2bright on December 30, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Man, will someone put this crazy biatch in a straight jacket and throw her in a rubber room where she belongs!

Liberty or Death on December 30, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Isn’t this the ship that Israel had stated they would allow into Gaza? Didn’t Israel know the boat was coming? Didn’t Israel know who was on the ship? And they knew where it was going? Didn’t they know what was on the ship because it was inspected in Cyprus specifically so Israel would know what was on the boat, and to prevent this exact thing from happening? Wasn’t this boat rammed and fired upon in international waters?

Do I have anything wrong here?

angelat0763 on December 30, 2008 at 1:02 PM

angelat0763 on December 30, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Well, I think most of us don’t want genocide, we just want the Hamas leaders to be eliminated, completely.
Imagine, building a military complex in a civilian housing, and then firing rockets against the enemy.
The minds that think like that, need to be destroyed.

right2bright on December 30, 2008 at 1:05 PM

Why isn’t this b*tch in jail?

D2Boston on December 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM

You kiddin’ me? She will probably get a job in Obama’s administration after pulling off this stunt.

angryed on December 30, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Ottay, I knew I have seen her before, the hair and eyes, very familiar.

FireBlogger on December 30, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 12:23 PM

I second and third Laura’s motion, the crazy biatch is now proclaimed Empress Assclown Extrordinaire, Queen of Treason, Grand Duchess of Stupidity, and may I add Baroness of Crazy-Land to the above titles!

Liberty or Death on December 30, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Isreali Navy to boat captain:

“OK…you guys can pass, but since you’re going that way take these hogs and Hennessey with you. I heard they needed some pork chops and booze for the their little shindig. Just drop it off the Al Asqa Mosque on your way in.”

Goodeye_Closed on December 30, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Liberty or Death on December 30, 2008 at 1:12 PM

…and unfortunetly, you must add before all of that…”The beloved Empress Assclown…”
Because no matter how disgusting this is, how stupid, how utterly ignorant she is, she is beloved by many, and not just a few crazies, but by many…God have mercy on us…

right2bright on December 30, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 12:23 PM

As girl born with a built-in tan and a nappy-head, I refuse to say nothing when a public figure walks out of the house looking like whodunit, what-for and please-don’t-do-it-again. :)

Either comb it or cut it off!

But her hair does fit her personality.

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 1:30 PM

[[Well, I think most of us don’t want genocide....
right2bright on December 30, 2008]]

You’re right, no one would want that including Israel.

Palestinians indeed were settled on their lands when the UN partitioned the land in 1947 making two states, one Arab and one Jewish. But “Palestine” from there became a tool of Arabs to be used EXACTLY the way we are seeing now. Egypt and Jordan sent their unwanted Palestinians into this area as an antagonist against Israel….the world’s biggest propaganda machine where every move Israel makes they are damned internationally. everything concerning the PA territorries has been a ploy to cause the collapse of Israel. Arabs do not care about the plight of Palestinians one bit…only the destruction of Israel.

Genocide is never the answer but considering the seriousness of the situation, perhaps relocation to Egypt, Jordan, and beyond is the last resort answer. It’s quite obvious a side by side, two state solution will NEVER work.

Goodeye_Closed on December 30, 2008 at 1:40 PM

God have mercy on us…

right2bright on December 30, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Unfortunate but true indeed…and yes, we could use all the mercy God can afford us in these insane times for sure!

Liberty or Death on December 30, 2008 at 1:42 PM

McKinney was simply doing her ambassadorial duties, assuring that Hamas is keeping Gaza Green. What a tool!

onlineanalyst on December 30, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Methinks the US Navy could learn from the Iraeli for the next time Iranian speedboats come racing after them

davidk on December 30, 2008 at 1:44 PM

I love that picture of McLoonyToons

peski on December 30, 2008 at 1:45 PM

But her hair does fit her personality.

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 1:30 PM

I believe hair is a direct expression of personality. Which is why I have none.

DarkCurrent on December 30, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Ottay, I knew I have seen her before, the hair and eyes, very familiar.

FireBlogger on December 30, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Hehe…I was thinking the same thing!

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 12:23 PM

I understand what you’re saying Laura, however even without knowing what you look like I’m fairly certain “Rosanna-Rosanna-Danna” hair and all you don’t look like (let alone act like) the stark raving lunatic Cynthia “I’m-a-Crazy-Biatch” McKinney is!

In other words, wild hair is ok, but having a stark raving lunatic crazy personality to go along with hair like this crazy biatch sports is, well, very fitting for the Baroness of Crazy-Land!

Liberty or Death on December 30, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Goodeye_Closed on December 30, 2008 at 1:40 PM

But no one wants them, that is why they are where they are…Egypt or Jordan would never take them. The only really decent group is the Christian Palestinians, they would be welcome by the Jews any day.
The leaders are not held in high esteem, this time they crossed the line and they are on their own.
I wouldn’t doubt Israel will have a ground attack, specifically to “root” (read kill” out the leaders. The only way to defeat these guys is making the leadership pay with their lives…just ask Kadafi how effective that is.

right2bright on December 30, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Liberty or Death on December 30, 2008 at 1:12 PM

So let it be written, so let it be done!

Also, while we’ve got the classic SNL thing working, I was thinking it too, “dammit”!

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 2:18 PM

[[But no one wants them, that is why they are where they are…Egypt or Jordan would never take them.
right2bright on December 30, 2008]]

Yes, I realize this.
The “relocation” wouldn’t be voluntary. For instance, with this ground incursion, Israel could begin the push towards the borders. Start slowly claiming chunks of the territory and marching Palestinians out. They have nothing except international welfare to speak of anyways. The PA territory is mostly a big refugee camp only a little more permanent.

I know this is drastic but Israel will not last under these conditions. It’s only a matter of time before the Muslim world comes in for the kill.

This move would stand a good chance of failure I’m sure and HUGE backlash if not all out war in the Middle East….but hey, might as well go out swinging.

Goodeye_Closed on December 30, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Either comb it or cut it off!

But her hair does fit her personality.

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 1:30 PM

ROFLMAO!

My daughter “brushed” her new babydoll’s hair to the point of destruction the other day and proudly exclaimed “Look Mommy, now she looks just like you!” I may have to cut it.

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Good Lord! where’s a hot comb when you need it?

Sanjoboy on December 30, 2008 at 2:31 PM

They should have sunk the b%$#h!

Bubba Redneck on December 30, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Ottay, I knew I have seen her before, the hair and eyes, very familiar.

FireBlogger on December 30, 2008 at 1:10 PM

SCORE!!

Bubba Redneck on December 30, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Hey, I know!! Let’s get an address and send her a bunch of headscarves!

Oink on December 30, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Got Afro-Sheen?

Sanjoboy on December 30, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Do I have anything wrong here?

angelat0763 on December 30, 2008 at 1:02 PM

1. Wasn’t this boat rammed and fired upon in international waters? Yes. Blockades do that.
2. The boat never at any point entered Israeli waters nor did it have any intention to. The waters around Gaza are Israeli; there is no nation named Gaza.
3. Dear God, am I really the only person left who doesn’t agree that genocide is the only solution to the Israeli / Palestinian conflict? Genocide no. Hamascide yes. The quicker the people of Gaza are free of Hamas the better off they and Israel will be.

Bubba Redneck on December 30, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Another example of how low the bar is to be able to become an elected official. If she likes it over there so much why doesn’t she stay there and run for office. The bar isn’t high there either.

scalleywag on December 30, 2008 at 2:43 PM

The return of the Lizard People…Or Absent Minnesota strikes back, Stuart Smalley this is your life. I knew they wouldn’t run out of votes to count.

Dr Evil on December 30, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Why do I always get the impression that it’s “always about her”?

ronsfi on December 30, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Hey, I know!! Let’s get an address and send her a bunch of headscarves! paper bags!

Oink on December 30, 2008 at 2:39 PM

There.

ronsfi on December 30, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Oink on December 30, 2008 at 2:39 PM
There.

ronsfi on December 30, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Can we opt for plastic instead? I won’t tell Al.

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 3:02 PM

This chick always looks insane to me. Look at her picture.

shoregulls on December 30, 2008 at 3:05 PM

That picture of her plus the Ramming Speed! caption…….Lovely. :)

ThePrez on December 30, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Nah. She’s always good for a “Two Minutes Hate”.

ronsfi on December 30, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Had this unfortunate woman attended an Ivy League school, she would have learned that one always wears a hat when yachting.

califcon on December 30, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Laura in Maryland on December 30, 2008 at 2:22 PM

From the mouthes of babes….

Laura, sit down with your daughter, open some fashion magazines and ask her to point out the model that most looks like you. Then ask her if that model has nice hair. If the answer is yes, then you know what to tell your hair dresser.

BobMbx on December 30, 2008 at 3:17 PM

Story Photo: BUCKWHEAT IN DRAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otay, panky, we’s got to help kill dem Jooooooos….

adamsmith on December 30, 2008 at 3:21 PM

Why isn’t this b*tch in jail?

D2Boston on December 30, 2008 at 11:36 AM

Indeed.

That picture is proof enough that even the terrorists s/b scared of her.

Entelechy on December 30, 2008 at 4:04 PM

She looks bat**** crazy in that photograph!

Mr. Joe on December 30, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Can we put her and Bobby Rush on the same boat and send ‘em back over?

paustin110 on December 30, 2008 at 5:09 PM

She lost her Congressional seat,

Lost her Presidential election.

Is she now going after the “Darwin Award”?

DSchoen on December 30, 2008 at 5:31 PM

The Israelis should have sunk the thing.

Dave R. on December 30, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Arabs stink!

(Whoops, stole another D.S. line.)

corona on December 30, 2008 at 5:48 PM

She needs to chill out…after all they could have thrown her a rubber tire, not for a life preserver but for a necklessing event.

wepeople on December 30, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Damn the torpedoes.

ZK on December 30, 2008 at 8:02 PM

Story Photo: BUCKWHEAT IN DRAG!

adamsmith on December 30, 2008 at 3:21 PM

…for being so very wrong, this remark is so on the money….

…I’m conflicted…I’m confused…I’m laughing my….

*KERPLUNK*
*ASS FALLS OFF*

Puritan1648 on December 30, 2008 at 8:23 PM

This chick always looks insane to me. Look at her picture.

shoregulls on December 30, 2008 at 3:05 PM

She and the Runaway Bride have the same eyes.

baldilocks on December 30, 2008 at 8:30 PM

Couldn’t have happened to a better person.

MsUnderestimated on December 30, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Wow. They did take a hit.

Guardian on December 30, 2008 at 9:17 PM

This person is an embarrassment in every way. Greens should be ashamed to have had her represent their party.

greenLibertarian on December 30, 2008 at 9:18 PM

McKinney is a n-word b-word, as bad as Oprah and she would even make my former radio boss b-word Tandi Wilder look like Mother Teresa. SHE SHOULD BE EXECUTED FOR TREASON!!!!

BobAnthony on December 30, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Nappy Headed Ho? My Bad.

Geochelone on December 30, 2008 at 10:51 PM

We’re going to start seeing a lot of black women running into things now…It’s all about the new Michell’O frying-pan-face look.

(that just happened)

captconrad on December 30, 2008 at 11:48 PM

“Isn’t this the ship that Israel had stated they would allow into Gaza?”

I haven’t found any info that says Israel authorized or expected this shipment.
From Defense Ministry spokesman Shlomo Dror
“Israel has opened Gaza crossings for hundreds of tons of aid despite the ongoing rocket and mortar attacks on Israel.

More than 120 trucks entered Gaza Sunday and Monday, and 100 more are expected to reach the area Tuesday”.

“Didn’t Israel know the boat was coming?”

See above

“Didn’t Israel know who was on the ship?”

How would they “know that”?

“And they knew where it was going?”
“Didn’t they know what was on the ship because it was inspected in Cyprus specifically so Israel would know what was on the boat, and to prevent this exact thing from happening?”

Dude think about it. There is 240 miles of ocean tween Cyprus and the Gaza strip. What would prevent a ship loaded in Cyprus from hooking up with another ship tween Cyprus and the Gaza strip, off loading aid stuff and loading weapons terrorist or whatever.

Considering land routs are OPEN, and Israel can inspect shipments as they actually arrive in Gaza, why would shipments on a small yacht?

“Wasn’t this boat rammed and fired upon in international waters?”

Not clear. No one is claiming shots were fired only that the ships “bumped”.

Seriously use the “Law of Gross Tonnage”

An Israeli Navy gunship, the smallest is the “Super Dvora”, it weighs in at 48Tons, a small yacht made of fiberglass and plywood is much less than 48Ton WAR ship made of steel.

If the Israeli Navy gunship rammed the yacht, the yacht would have sunk, busted into many small pieces.

If the Israeli Navy gunship opened fire on the yacht, the yacht would be little splinters floating in the sea.

“The boat never at any point entered Israeli waters nor did it have any intention to. Do I have anything wrong here?”

Uhm the yacht was heading for the Gaza strip, yes?. The Gaza strip IS part of Israel, yes?

My question, what about this did you get right?

DSchoen on December 30, 2008 at 11:56 PM

With her record, I’m surprised she hasn’t said “Israel rammed our ship because I’m black…”

eeyore on December 31, 2008 at 12:59 AM

Hey Mckinney,you were headed into a war zone,not code-pink headquarters.
They don’t give a dam# about you or your BDS.

These were not security guards at the US capitol that you could push around.It was Israeli military engaged in a war and they will bust your a$$.
Welcome to reality.
Welcome to the real world.

But Mckinney is not the only genius in the democratic party
when it comes to Hamas:

Here’s Mr.”It’s all America’s and Israel’s fault”Carter and that super liberal diplomacy:

There’s A Sucker Born Every Minute…

but a sucker like Jimmy Carter comes along only once or twice in a century.
There was lots not to like in Carter’s interview with Wolf Blitzer today, but let’s just focus on his version of events in the Middle East:

BLITZER: Let’s talk about foreign policy, a very sensitive issue: Your recent trip to the Middle East, your decision to meet with Hamas, a group the U.S. government brands a terrorist organization.
President Bush was asked about it at his news conference. And here’s what he said. Listen to this.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

PRESIDENT GEORGE W. BUSH: Foreign policy and peace is undermined by Hamas in the Middle East. They’re the ones who are undermining peace. They’re the ones whose foreign policy objective is the destruction of Israel. They’re the ones who are, you know, trying to create enough violence to stop the advance of the two-party state solution.
They are a significant problem to world peace, or Middle Eastern peace. And that’s the reason I’m not talking to them.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

BLITZER: He was specifically asked about your decision to talk to them. Do you want to respond to what you just heard?
CARTER: Well, he’s completely mistaken. It’s obvious that he doesn’t know the policy of Hamas.
And I think that, since I met with them, I can very well say that — and I’ve talked to Hamas a number of times…

That’s right,all because they announce every other day their desire to destroy Israel and launch over 3000 rockets into Israel this year,does not mean they want to annihilate
Israel.
True genius this Jimmy Carter.

This is truly breathtaking. President Bush “doesn’t know the policy of Hamas,” apparently with regard to the destruction of Israel and the desirability of peace in the region. Let’s not take President Bush’s word for it; let’s go straight to the source:

the Covenant of Hamas. From the Preamble:
Israel will exist and will continue to exist until Islam will obliterate it, just as it obliterated others before it.

Article 13:
[Peace] initiatives, and so-called peaceful solutions and international conferences are in contradiction to the principles of the Islamic Resistance Movement… Those conferences are no more than a means to appoint the infidels as arbitrators in the lands of Islam… There is no solution for the Palestinian problem except by Jihad. Initiatives, proposals and international conferences are but a waste of time, an exercise in futility.

Article 7, which I believe comes directly from the Koran:
The Day of Judgment will not come about until Moslems fight Jews and kill them. Then, the Jews will hide behind rocks and trees, and the rocks and trees will cry out: ‘O Moslem, there is a Jew hiding behind me, come and kill him.’

Yep,nothing to see here.The “smart ones” will fix all this with their incredible negotiating power:

BLITZER: Well, he says they’re committed to the destruction of Israel.
CARTER: Well, I asked them about this. And that was one of the major requests or suggestions that I made to Hamas — I made five or six of them.

One of the things I asked them to do was to agree to accept any peace contract between Israel and the Palestinians with Mahmoud Abbas being the representative of the Palestinians, provided it was approved by the Palestinians in a referendum, even if Hamas agreed with it…
BLITZER: Did they say they would accept…
CARTER: Absolutely.
BLITZER: … Israel living alongside Palestine…
CARTER: Absolutely, they said they would accept that.
BLITZER: … a Jewish state of Israel?
CARTER: That’s correct. Absolutely…

As we noted here, Carter had no sooner announced that Hamas’s leaders had indicated their willingness to recognize Israel, than those same leaders told al Jazeera that Carter was wrong

As so often happens, Carter was just making it up. Blitzer wasn’t equipped to challenge him, but in fact, the Hamas official who contradicted Carter was none other than Khaled Meshal, who is generally acknowledged to be Hamas’s top leader, and was the individual with whom Carter met in Damascus:

[A]t a later press conference in Damascus, Mr. Mashaal backed away from the concession announced by Mr. Carter.
“We accept a state on the [1967] line with Jerusalem as capital, real sovereignty and full right of return for refugees, but without recognizing Israel,” Al Jazeera quoted him as saying.

Yes sireeee!!!!
Yet another good example of the fantastic success coming from the good ship lollipop of liberal appeasement.

Baxter Greene on December 31, 2008 at 1:05 AM

Dear Israeli Defense Force,

Please detain this crazy b!tch indefinitely the next time you encounter her.

Sincerely,

The American Public, Sane Demographic.

SuperCool on December 31, 2008 at 2:17 AM

Does this qualify as swift-boating?

Cylor on December 31, 2008 at 8:58 AM

Useful Idiot Roseann Barr chimes in with “The Jewish Soul is being tortured in Israel. The destruction of the jews in Israel has been assured with this inhuman attack on civilians in gaza.

You gotta love these intellectuals who take themselve too seriously. Like wow, gag me with a spoon!

kanda on December 31, 2008 at 9:23 AM

kanda on December 31, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Is it possible to use “Roseanne” and “intellectual” in the same comment?

Every time I remember her “singing” our National Anthem, my socks unravel. Yikes!

kingsjester on December 31, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Is it possible to use “Roseanne” and “intellectual” in the same comment?

kingsjester on December 31, 2008 at 9:53 AM

Very good point I’ll try to refrain from doing that again ;)

kanda on December 31, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Ahh so the leftist democrats are finally CAUGHT
RED handed Delivering supplies to our sworn enemies..

And they dare complain that the israli navy rammed them???
I would have BLOWN them out of the water period

No excuses for treason Period

jcila on December 31, 2008 at 3:11 PM

My God!!! I didn’t think the latest version of the Mars lander was equipped for the return journey to Earth. The least NASA could have done was quarantine the damn thing before they let whatever it was carrying out of the cargo box.

sdd on December 31, 2008 at 3:32 PM

There was an article here or on another forum about McKinney speaking to some people about the more than 500 local jail prisoners who were taken out to the swamps, shot and fed to the ‘gators during the Katrina madness. She was serious and had the look of a, er, uh, umm, crazy, looney, whatever.

She is one scary creature.

Pelayo on December 31, 2008 at 4:04 PM

It is beyond my ability to reason how anyone with a conscience could have ever considered her worthy of a vote.

hillbillyjim on December 31, 2008 at 8:55 PM