Awww: Palin’s a grandma

posted at 7:10 pm on December 29, 2008 by Allahpundit

Her first grandkid. Or, if you’re an Atlantic reader, her second, the first having been born to the same woman, er, eight months ago.

Bristol Palin, the 18-year-old daughter of former Republican vice-presidential candidate Sarah Palin, gave birth on Sunday to a healthy 7 lb., 4 oz., baby boy in Palmer, Alaska.

“We think it’s wonderful,” said Colleen Jones, the sister of Bristol’s grandmother Sally Heath, who confirmed the news. “The baby is fine and Bristol is doing well. Everyone is excited.”…

Bristol Palin is currently residing in Wasilla and completing her high-school diploma through correspondence courses.

Johnston is studying to become an electrician. He told the Associated Press in October that he and fiancée Bristol plan to wed in 2009 and raise the child together.

I know there’s some Keith Olbermann special comment material buried in here somewhere, probably having to do with illegal drugs. Can’t wait! Exit question: Anyone want to try to guess the name? You’ll find it at the link up top; all I’ll say by way of a hint is that it’s very much in keeping with the ‘Cuda’s naming conventions. Feel free to use this if you need help.

Update: Commenters are wondering whether Sullivan will accuse Palin of giving birth to this one herself.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

One gay to another: please shut your mouth. Or smash your keyboard. I’m a PUMA gay, and very much about gay rights, and your little petulant battles do nothing for any gay anywhere.
Anyone fighting with him, just disengage. There are lots of us gays out there that don’t care to start little battles just for kicks. No point in feeding an irrelevant fire.

Anygay (pun fully intended): good news to hear the baby is well. I read his name is Tripp. Kudos to Sarah being a Grandma, and I’m sure she’ll make a fine one at that. I know the Palins will give their full support to Bristol, Levi, and their son, and that’s what’s awesome about this:

The power of family. Blood is thicker than water. And right on the tails of the Catholic Feast of the Holy Family, too. Hardcore awesome.

lansing quaker on December 30, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Wish I read this before I commented to Noneya…

You’re right…

CCRWM on December 30, 2008 at 1:23 AM

hey jackass — i go to church with former bhuddists and my sister is married to a jew — ya really wanna play the “tolerance” game?!

Buckaroo on December 29, 2008 at 11:51 PM

and I’m supposed to be impressed that you didn’t honor-kill your sister for marrying a jew? don’t set that tolerance bar too high there, fella.

Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:34 AM

lansing quaker on December 30, 2008 at 12:07 AM

I could care less if you don’t approve of my methods, and I’m not gonna take any advice from a sellout PUMA. get over your bitterness and quit enabling these country-club republicans who’d love to see you strung up….

Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:38 AM

Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:34 AM

Out of curiosity — are you a he or a she? I had assumed before that you were a gay woman, but from your comments in this discussion, you seem to imply that you’re a gay man.

Of course, you don’t need to answer this. I’m simply curious.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 1:40 AM

Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:38 AM

Sellout PUMA? I thought you were a PUMA yourself? You said as much in the first thread that I ever encountered you in.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 1:42 AM

You got that right! And you have no place determining our laws, either…

Noneya on December 29, 2008 at 9:46 PM

That idiot sentiment is no different than a Christian saying an atheist has no business determining our laws.

Here’s your sign…

aikidoka on December 30, 2008 at 1:47 AM

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 1:42 AM

I am back in the fold, though the Hamas-loving wing of the left is giving me great pause. If the GOP were to move away from social conservatism Schwarzenegger-style I would probably switch.

Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:51 AM

Of course, you don’t need to answer this. I’m simply curious.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 1:40 AM

How do you know I’m not both???????

Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:51 AM

Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:38 AM

This will be my one direct reply to you, because I realize it’s critical for me to ask others to ignore you and then respond to you myself. So take this as my one little “pearl of wisdom” from me to you. Merry-belated-Christmas.

And now, your gift:

The world does not revolve around you. The world does not revolve around your causes. The world does not revolve around your beliefs. The world does not revolve around your battles over social identity crises and your cause celebre for “civil rights.”

I’ve been out and gay since I was 14, raised in a liberal Catholic household, and in that time learned a little something about tonality and propriety. It is not proper for you to raise some “gay rights” discussion in the middle of this thread, nor does your tone lend you any favors. If you want to be some silly internet voyeur acting like a silly attention-seeker, then by all means.

If you think that ruining a moment for celebrating the Palin family and their newest family member is some sort of net-gasm for you, then by all means. Keep it private, and keep it proper. You’re looking for no more than a reaction to justify your crusade, and it is not out of some altruistic advocacy for gays nationwide: it’s only to feed your own ego in that straight conservatives here are “so horribly wrong!” and you are just as pious as the Madonna on the Rocks.

You don’t do ME any favors as a midwestern gay with NO domestic partnership rights, NO civil union laws, and NO “gay marriage.” Stop thinking of your own precious ego, and start thinking of some things larger than yourself.

As for others in here, remember: noneya is just attempting to goad you into saying something to make him more self-righteous in his own ego. Bringing the discussion down to morality/gays and your personal thoughts thereof is only feeding his puny mission to seek gratification. Namely, that everyone — other than him — are pathetic bigots.

Don’t take the bait.

Focus instead on families. No matter who they are or your relationship with them, family is incredibly important. I love mine, and appreciate the bond that the Palin family shares. Personally, I can’t wait to see Sarah with her grandson.

lansing quaker on December 30, 2008 at 1:53 AM

“Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:34 AM”

no jackass — i was simply showing you that yer preconceptions of “us religious bigots” are FALSE — and that’s a second attempted smear by you trying to pin islamist behavior on me — you need a date with a long walk and a short pier pretty badly you dishonest asshole …

Buckaroo on December 30, 2008 at 1:55 AM

Best to ignore the child when it whines…
I am happy for the Palin family, a new child has been brought into the world. Nice to see.
It is really great to see the liberals go crazy over anything positive in Palin’s life.
Love to see their absolute hysteria…it just reminds me of why I am proud to be a conservative.

right2bright on December 30, 2008 at 2:06 AM

How do you know I’m not both???????

Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:51 AM

Heh. You’ve got me there.

So…are you both???

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 2:23 AM

lansing quaker on December 30, 2008 at 1:53 AM

+10

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 2:24 AM

Did we stumble upon Sullivan’s secret Hotair account?

Don’t be so ridiculous — Sullivan types all lowercase in email or comments.

Guy can’t be bothered with a shift key for some reason.

Kensington on December 30, 2008 at 2:28 AM

lansing quaker on December 30, 2008 at 1:53 AM

I sincerely hope that you will realize the utter folly of wasting your life. You really should read your own comment with an eye to seeing what you actually said – that noneya should see a picture bigger than himself.

It will probably be a good day when you can follow your own counsel, instead of allowing yourself to be addicted to sex thrills rooted in rebelliousness.

Because homosexual acts cannot benefit the species or the society, they are selfish. As such, they are merely immature expressions of sexual lust.

They have no benefit other than the sexual act itself. Hardly something society should acclaim.

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 2:39 AM

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 2:39 AM

So I take it that you never got a nut for the physical pleasure of it? The only times you ever engaged in intercourse were for the benefit of the species or society?

I call bullshit.

hillbillyjim on December 30, 2008 at 2:54 AM

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 2:39 AM

I object to the tone you have taken with lansing quaker. You don’t know the circumstances of his life. There is nothing sinful or wrong with being a homosexual. Christians object to homosexual sex, not homosexuals. I have known Catholics who are gay but live a chaste life just as single people of faith do — just as St. Paul did.

Besides all that, why do you feel the need to be so rude to this good natured gentleman who so eloquently told Noneya to knock it off?

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 2:55 AM

platypus–A semiaquatic egg-laying mammal (Ornithorhynchus anatinus) of Australia and Tasmania, having a broad flat tail, webbed feet, and a snout resembling a duck’s bill.

Well now, that explains a lot.

hillbillyjim on December 30, 2008 at 3:32 AM

I call bullshit.

hillbillyjim on December 30, 2008 at 2:54 AM

Speaking truth and living perfectly are not related. I am not the one who deviates from the norm AND tells others about it and/or tells others why it is acceptable and of no consequence.

But to dispel any illusions you believe about me, I can state that I am not perfect. Make of that what you will but keep in mind that both lansing quaker and noneya use their perversion habit as a core identifying value for themselves.

I had nothing to do with that. I think lansing quaker could easily have made his salient points without identifying his sexual behavior as some sort of qualifier – but he apparently thinks that without doing so means his statements or morality instructions would lack value and credibility.

Sexual activity does not define human beings but it does reveal a lot about human beings. Just like alcohol. Merely using it means virtually nothing – it is how it is used that says something.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 2:55 AM

You will not find comments by me using sin as a negative judgment standard for deviant sex acts. Possibly you have me confused with others who start and end their monologues with religious beliefs as the sole standard.

That doesn’t work real well unless both sides share the beliefs. Most here do not, so I comment using secular facts.

What Christians do or do not do is not my concern. Same with Catholics. But to say that “being a homosexual” is not wrong is incorrect on two points. First, there is no such thing as a homosexual. Homosexuality is a voluntary choice regardless of what impulses someone thinks he was born with or cannot resist. The larger second point is that performing homosexual acts is wrong from a physical health viewpoint, it is wrong from a psychological viewpoint, and it is wrong from a spiritual viewpoint. In each of those areas, those who are devoted to performing homosexual acts have negative consequences.

That makes homosexual acts wrong for society, as a general proposition. A secondary “wrong” is that the sexual behavior of “homosexuals” has no benefit for society. If it did, then a reasonable argument might be made that it was a good trade-off to allow deviant sex because some social benefit is derived from tolerating such non-productive behavior.

I disagree that I was (or am) being rude. Anyone who has read some of my other posts on this subject could tell that I was toning it down.

Not sure why it is important for anyone to defend an indefensible practice. It seems to me that anyone who really cared about helping these people would steadily reinforce the reality that they are part of a death culture. They cannot reproduce AND there is no possibility that any history book of the future will value their sex practices as highly as they value them.

They will have wasted their lives on lust and history will not value them for it. And when they contract one of their unique diseases, society will pay hundreds of thousands of dollars to prevent them from dying which they will repay by continuing to perform the same perverted sex acts which spread the diseases throughout society.

Anyway you look at this, it is a big negative for society and for lots of individuals who are told lies about it.

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 3:37 AM

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 3:37 AM

You missed my point entirely. You don’t know whether lansing quaker is engaged in homosexual sex. He identified himself as a homosexual. He could very well be living a chaste lifestyle for all you know.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 3:50 AM

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 3:50 AM

Disregarded your point is more accurate. It seemed to be a red herring. And you missed one of my points, which was that there is no such thing as a homosexual. That is the deception which PREVENTS him (or any in similar circumstances) from changing his lifestyle/behaviors.

If a human believes that something cannot be changed, that human will not even try to change it. The big lie is that this condition (liking deviant sex) is permanent.

It is not, and all I want is for those who are cursed with this condition to refuse to surrender to it.

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 4:09 AM

Awww: Palin’s a grandma

A hott, hott, grandma.

Benjamin9 on December 30, 2008 at 6:02 AM

Congratulations to the family. One could only imagine the horrific headlines if Gov Palin were the VP elect now, Andy Sullivan would be having a coronary (he still might be). Maybe he’ll claim the baby is five or six months premature. Yeah, that’s the ticket.

eaglewingz08 on December 30, 2008 at 7:11 AM

Why are we discussing gayness on this thread? Why must I hear about gayness constantly? I don’t care about gayness! Go be gay…we’re happy for you! Just go do your thing and leave us alone! We believe your lifestyle to be morally wrong and pushing in our faces at every opportunity isn’t going to change our minds! Go away! Good grief!

sabbott on December 30, 2008 at 7:52 AM

our laws should NOT be decided by your bible, that’s what I meant, especially since so there’s so much cherry-picking involved. Civil rights should not be in the purview of the church. your idea about marriage ain’t half bad though….

Noneya on December 29, 2008 at 10:59 PM

So what do you think about prop 8?

the_nile on December 30, 2008 at 8:13 AM

eaglewingz08 on December 30, 2008 at 7:11 AM

He still is on the Trig Trutherism case. He’ll claim because the two babies have similar names that they must be brothers.

Illinidiva on December 30, 2008 at 8:48 AM

Noneya on December 29, 2008 at 10:59 PM

you really need to get some sleep, but….

if our laws should NOT be decided by the Bible… have you ever read the US Constitution, Declaration of Independence or read any literature on how, why and what our founding was all about?

// Evidently you have not or you would not have a leg to stand on nor would you have the freedom to spout like you have here for nearly 12 hours.

Stop yapping and educate your mind for it is good for the soul and itelligent talking points

katy on December 30, 2008 at 8:54 AM

Word came this weekend that a new USA Today – Gallup Poll found the 44-year-old Palin, a mother of five, is the nation’s second most-admired woman, behind only Hillary Clinton and ahead of someone named Oprah Winfrey.

Rock on Sarah Palin! Congrats to the Palin family are in order. If the day comes when Chelsea has a baby, I’ll gladly deliver congrats to the Clinton family as well.

Keemo on December 30, 2008 at 8:56 AM

Only noneya could take a thread about the birth of Sarah’s grandbaby and turn it into his “bullypulpit” (in his mind)
for gay marriage. Jim Treacher and others are right. Spotlight seekers like this ruin the quality of discussions here on HotAir and drive people away from a thread.

kingsjester on December 30, 2008 at 9:01 AM

kingsjester on December 30, 2008 at 9:01 AM

I agree… After I read a few posts by this creature, I skipped the entire aftermath.

Keemo on December 30, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Soooo, anyone up for a conversation about Bristols crumb cruncher ( borrowed the expression from a reeeeally good friend ;o) )

katy on December 30, 2008 at 9:18 AM

Katy –

I personally think he’s been born into a strong family. He’ll be raised knowing the love of God, the love of his family, and respect and appreciation for his American Birthright. Right now, his parents plan on getting married. Even if something happens and they don’t, he will still be surrounded by love. And that’s what it is all about.

kingsjester on December 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM

kingsjester on December 30, 2008 at 9:01 AM

Keemo on December 30, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Noneya is a very sad and angry lady. Until she can let go of whatever it is that has caused her pain her life will be very hollow.

thomasaur on December 30, 2008 at 9:26 AM

I think there are only four posts about Palin’s daughter’s baby on p. 4. Is this another forum taken over by leftist agenda types?

rlwo2008 on December 30, 2008 at 9:27 AM

thomasaur on December 30, 2008 at 9:26 AM

Is noneya really female? Doesn’t write like it.

kingsjester on December 30, 2008 at 9:28 AM

Is noneya really female? Doesn’t write like it.

kingsjester on December 30, 2008 at 9:28 AM

That’s because we equate her anger with masculinity. I thought the same thing for a while until she was asked her gender. Other labels could be applied but I think sad and angry are most accurate.

thomasaur on December 30, 2008 at 9:33 AM

rlwo2008 on December 30, 2008 at 9:27 AM

Evidently. I read it this morning and it appears they successfully hijacked the thread wherever they wanted to go.

kingsjester on December 30, 2008 at 9:34 AM

thomasaur on December 30, 2008 at 9:33 AM

I knew someone like her who played on the girls’ high school basketball team. Sad and angry does fit.

kingsjester on December 30, 2008 at 9:37 AM

kingsjester on December 30, 2008 at 9:23 AM

Yup, excellent family… issues and all. Didn’t Jesus say they will pursecute you like they did me? Palin should wear the hatred for her as a badge of honor.
They’ll be fine…

katy on December 30, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Man, I’m still wondering where all the hate is coming from regarding Palin. Still, she has been cheerful and optimistic through it all. What a great lady!

littleguy on December 30, 2008 at 9:57 AM

Thank you lansing quaker on December 30, 2008 at 1:53 AM for trying to take this thread back to the original purpose and reminding us why trolls should not be fed.

Congrats to the Palin/Johnston family on the birth of their new family member.

katiejane on December 30, 2008 at 9:58 AM

littleguy on December 30, 2008 at 9:57 AM

I think it comes from the fact that Sarah is not from the East Coast, the Left Coast, or the Washington Beltway. She is an extraordinary Conservative woman who is the governor of the largest state of the Union. She speaks her mind in terms the average American can understand and relate to. And she is a Christian. This drives Liberals, psuedo-intellectuals, and those with narrow focused agendas,crazy.
That is why this thread was hijacked last night. They refuse to acknowledge anything good about her. To do so would be to acknowledge old-fashioned American Values. These individuals view those values as narrow and bigoted. Therefore, Sarah has been made the focal point of their hatred.

To quote Clifton Webb in the original “Cheaper By the Dozen, “Well, that’s one man’s opinion.”

kingsjester on December 30, 2008 at 10:11 AM

I’m so glad for the Palin’s. Bristol will have a lot of love and support, as will Tripp.

lansing quaker on December 30, 2008 at 1:53 AM

I think you’re awesome, and I’m more than glad to have a PUMA like you here.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 2:55 AM

You’ve got a point, but I’d say we take the gentleman’s advise and apply it to platypus as well. He doesn’t mind offending people and can’t be persuaded it’s wrong even when reminded that we’re commanded to love.

You said your piece, and I’m glad you did, but now it’s probably best to disengage.

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 10:12 AM

Sarah Palin will be the first female president of the United States.She is feared by the left. She is attacked from every angle. I’ve read most of the attacks and haven’t seen one shred of evidence of her guilt of anything.
Blame and guilt are two entirely different animals.It’s so absurd most people believe she actually said “I can see Russia from my house”.

It’s going to happen Sarah Palin the first female president of the United States.

norryrr on December 30, 2008 at 10:37 AM

I am: Flack Gobbler Palin

That is SO WRONG on so many levels!

My DH is: Seam Marauder Palin = at least he would sound like a Harry Potter’s fan with the Marauder’s Map.

I am extremely happy with these news, and I am *waving my arms wildly* to offer my babysitting services if you are on the opposite side of the country.

FYI y’all, no snow in Erie, PA.

ProudPalinFan on December 30, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Gays voted the McCain / Palin ticket in higher numbers than any other group. I believe it was a 27% gain, because McCain was less ostentatious about his faith than Bush was and Palin governs more like a libertarian than a neoconservative. Gays have also aligned themselves with women’s rights, because they are also targets of sexual discrimination.

Sarah Palin has a surprising amount of support among gays who believe the rights of the individual trump the identity politics of the left. There are gays who advocate for the family, because an issue like Prop 8 or gay adoption is best approached from a center-right perspective. There are gays who want to openly serve in our armed forces, and who believe the First and Second Amendments should be protected.

The Republican tent under Reagan was big enough to include these groups, and Palin has made it clear that she likewise does not judge. Americans are guaranteed the Constitutional rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness, as well as a degree of privacy. Obama has made it clear that he is targeting evangelicals at the expense of gays. If the GOP wants to make headway with minority voters, the first thing the can do is not pander to specific groups like the Democrats and encourage identity politics.

Next, they should avoid shunning certain groups like gays and Muslims, because the Bush administration has made great strides in securing freedom for these people in the Arab countries, and Republicans still own national security. We should not exclude gays, Muslims, Latinos or conservatives but emphasize the conservative tenets of a strong national security, the sanctity of ALL life, religious and political freedom according to the Constitution and fiscal restraint. Those are winning issues.

Sarah Palin can win on those issues in 2012 (if Obama screws up) or in 2016 (if our country is still free.) God bless her family and keep them safe. Congratulations to Bristol and Levi on their beautiful new baby boy and their upcoming nuptials.

Happy New Year to all Hot Air readers, lurkers and staff!

chunderroad on December 30, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 10:12 AM

You are equating me with noneya. Why?

How am I offending people by expressing a viewpoint on a serious social issue? I understand the subject is uncomfortable but I am not the one who brought it up and placed in on the dining room table.

Persuade me that it is wrong to do what, exactly? Because I must be dumber than a box of rocks – all I see is you are displeased that I won’t adopt your position on the subject.

I will as soon as you convince me that deviant sex is an important advantage to America’s social fabric.

As far as loving them, under what statute number is that requirement found? :)

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 11:09 AM

ProudPalinFan on December 30, 2008 at 10:41 AM

PS: I still say Palin / Ridge is an unbeatable ticket. Best wishes to Erie from Niagara Falls!

chunderroad on December 30, 2008 at 11:11 AM

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Last I heard, there was no shortage of babies in this world, and many of them live in poverty.

chunderroad on December 30, 2008 at 11:15 AM

You are equating me with noneya. Why?

Why do you think you’re any different? You use insults rather than discuss the issue with respect and love in the exact same manner noneya does.

I don’t think you’re a bad person, but you’re not kind, not here.

As far as loving them, under what statute number is that requirement found? :)

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 11:09 AM

That’s kinda my point.

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Why?

ddrintn on December 29, 2008 at 10:08 PM

why not? being gay is not against the law, we have some protections but not all that are afforded with marriage, why should we be treated like second-class citizens?

Noneya on December 29, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Noneya, you are wrong…you have no idea of the concept of “second-class citizenship”.

Let me give you the example of the island of Puerto Rico, US Territory/Commonwealth…I was born and raised there but now I am here in the States.

1-Puerto Rico residents are American Citizens by birth, meaning THEY ARE AMERICANS TOO. What is so wrong, is the following:

a-Residents of Puerto Rico cannot vote for the POTUS, or any Senate or Cabinet member; just a Resident Commish (1 for 4 million Puerto Ricans) with voice but NO VOTE.

b-POTUS can send PR’s to war, every single conflict and we have to comply. Never had a say in it, and they fight for the freedom, democracy and liberties along Americans, most of them with the same love and pride for Puerto Rico and the USA.

c-Not equal at all in federal funds. Of course with that dude with voice and no vote makes it very hard to get federal funds.

d-For the Dem. primaries, Obama and Hillary campaigned in Puerto Rico; Hillary did way more, along Bill and Chelsea. Good past relations with the island of Puerto Rico. Hillary won, Barack lost 3 to 1 BUT still, we helped call on the Dem. candidate but cannot vote…even the MSM was in a pickle about this one. The Republican Party, ???!!!??? does not pursue this option in PR and don’t even let us participate in the primary process. They campaigned in Guam also which is in the same situation. I chatted about this with a PUMA blog photographer that stood behind me @the Palin rally in Erie.

e-Puerto Rico polled (can’t remember when) on a similar Prop.8 but being the conservative, mostly Catholic island that it is, did not pass. Good, healthy controversy but I was not there to give you more info.

With this I say: I heart gays very much, had a gay boss, gay coworkers just like most of us, and of course relatives. My family also is involved in intl. adoption and gays are welcome to adopt! Just don’t think for a second that you are second-class citizens because you can pick your POTUS, Senate, House, all the way down; the military fights for your freedom of speech, religion, etc. Your state, if not corrupted, gets proper federal funds and applies them properly.

In Puerto Rico and other US Territories, THIS DOES NOT HAPPEN. Oh and we don’t dress like Indians, just like anybody else in the 21st Century.

ProudPalinFan on December 30, 2008 at 11:46 AM

I don’t think you’re a bad person, but you’re not kind, not here.

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 11:26 AM

You are not making sense – what insults are you talking about?

Please tell me (and everyone else) what is “respect” and “love” and how we can recognize them when we see them here.

I’m most confused by your claim that “love” must be expressed or the implication that it will assist the discussion.

You can continue using your comments as a platform for slogans if you wish but there is nothing of substance if that is all you say. Since I have seen you post other things on hotair comments which advanced the discussion (at the time), I am sure you can do it again.

Or will you just insist that I do not respect certain people and that I don’t love certain people – thus PC says I can be ignored or insulted?

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 11:50 AM

ProudPalinFan on December 30, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Interesting read! I didn’t realize some of what the issue was concerning voting.

upinak on December 30, 2008 at 11:55 AM

You are not making sense – what insults are you talking about?

It’s the way you talk. Do you really not see it?

I’m not saying you should be ignored but that discussions on this topic with people who disagree will get both of you nowhere and will only fuel perceptions of victim hood, just as was being discussed earlier in regards to noneya.

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 11:57 AM

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 11:57 AM

Then WHAT, pray tell, is the option? If someone’s widdle feelings are hurt, I have to pull back my legitimate political opinion???

The way you put it sounds to me like you do not ever want to talk about anything where there is serious distance between the positions. Nor do you seem to want to hear it from others (or in this case, read it).

What is it about honest confrontation that bothers you, especially in a protected and totally safe virtual environment like this one?

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 12:06 PM

Or maybe you could try talking to people about a subject without using words that are insulting? Surely that’s possible even in a heated subject?

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 12:06 PM

If you’ve read things I’ve written before, then surely you know I’m not bothered by honest confrontation.

I just don’t see any reason to drop respect for others in the process. I’m not talking about what you’re saying but rather how you say it.

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Here’s the story on the birth from The Early Show this morning. They interviewed an assistant managing editor from People.

meltenn on December 30, 2008 at 12:33 PM

ProudPalinFan on December 30, 2008 at 11:46 AM

Okay, I couldn’t help it. I started crooning the music from “West Side Story” when I read that!

Puerto Rico,
You lovely island…
Island of tropical breezes.
Always the pineapples growing,
Always the coffee blossoms blowing…

Great post, btw. Glad you’re here voting in the states with us! I grew up in Michigan, so my knowledge of PR comes from “West Side Story” and “Sesame Street.” All I can say is that I adore the accents and am all for allowing them fully into the union just for the sake of having four million sexy Catholic citizens who know how to dance.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 12:34 PM

meltenn on December 30, 2008 at 12:33 PM

BTW, as others here have noted, the Palins are an extraordinarily attractive family, and Bristol seems to have been dating the best looking boy in town. Here’s a toast to the pretty people who populate the planet with more pretty people!

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 12:49 PM

I’m not talking about what you’re saying but rather how you say it.

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 12:13 PM

So is it the words or how the words are used? Don’t you see that this is totally contradictory?

Plus you have still not specified what words or what usage of words that I used which are offensive or insulting.

I maintain that you are offended by the subject matter, not the delivery style.

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Bunch of nasty replies, and they don’t seem to have any problem calling Palin’s baby Trig ugly names either…let me see, they have a problem with the “Obama the Happy Negro” song but they will slur a down syndrome baby…Classy folks who post at Gawker. Look what Gawker allows to be posted, no Moderation? Hate Site?

Dr Evil on December 30, 2008 at 12:54 PM

PDS is alive and well at GAWKER, they really are afraid of Governor Sarah Palin. No one would bother to attack “Babies” if Palin was a non issue. After reading this article at Gawker, and replies, I wonder where is the law of natural selection? How can so many bottom feeders, have access to keyboards and broad band?

Dr Evil on December 30, 2008 at 1:02 PM

Not to put too fine a point on my challenge, Esthier, but on another thread YOU are advocating doing EXACTLY what I am trying to do on this thread – forcing assimilation to the view of the majority.

Now I’m sure you do not want to be called a hypocrite so I won’t call you a hypocrite but . . . a rose by any other name . . .

So let’s try to be consistent, shall we?

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 1:04 PM

I have in the past, specifically with you. Do I need to do it every time? I didn’t think you’d forgotten.

I maintain that you are offended by the subject matter, not the delivery style.

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 12:52 PM

I’m sorry you feel that way. I don’t suppose I can change your mind.

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 1:05 PM

So basically you’re calling me one without calling me one.

Again, it’s this type of tone that’s just unnecessary. Can’t you just say you don’t think I’m being consistent? One is insulting. The other, not so much.

It’s how you talk to people, like we’re all children and you’re the one adult in the room.

forcing assimilation to the view of the majority.

I don’t think you quite understand me. Pushing for others to adopt the culture of America is not quite the same as insulting people who admit that they are attracted to people of their own gender.

Plus, I’m not saying they can’t also speak their own language and retain their own culture. I’m simply saying they need to become a part of American society, something some immigrants seem to not want to do.

I’m not of the opinion that gays don’t want to be a part of American society. Are you?

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Dr Evil on December 30, 2008 at 1:02 PM

What I don’t understand is why they feel the need to pile on her the way they do. I don’t go out of my way to search for articles about the Obama or Biden families in order to post nasty comments. It’s just mean spirited.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 1:12 PM

This is Bad example:

But this is Okay: From the Gawker article above. I can’t even cut and paste some of that stuff. Below comment: Can’t be for Privacy reasons. Me: really? Isn’t that why the State of Hawaii, can’t release Barack Obama’s birth certificate. How Dumb do you have to be, not to get that? Also I guess if you are mentioned in People Mag, you have no privacy…okay didn’t People Magazine put out a spread on the Obamas, more then once? Okay then Barack Obama let’s see your birth certificate, if an 18 year old (private citizen) has to show her new born’s birth certificate, certainly the President Elect is under the same standards.

GAWKER
karion
11:01 PM on Mon Dec 29 2008

Also, like her brother Trig, there is no record of the birth at the hospital. Can’t be for privacy reasons, as they gave an exclusive to People magazine.

Dr Evil on December 30, 2008 at 1:12 PM

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 1:12 PM

It has to be FEAR, that is the only thing that makes sense. They are Afraid of Governor Sarah Palin, she is the anti socialist.

Dr Evil on December 30, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 1:10 PM

If by “gays” you mean those who have chosen to engage in perverted sex acts, I would say that it is NOT what they do that makes them not want to be part of American society but their DEMANDS that we (majority) approve/accept their deviant choices as a legitimate political statement.

Plus the reality that they want to CHANGE the fabric of American society.

Sounds like a jihad to me.

And it’s okay that you want to be seen as the sweet peaceful moderate around here. Just stand in front of me so you can greet the enemy.

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 1:23 PM

I want to congratulate Nana Palin. It’s cool that even the birth of her grandbaby has instilled fear in the mainstream press.

True_King on December 30, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Attention secular leftists: While you push birth control, we are outbreeding you. Liberalism is an evolutionary dead end.

TheUnrepentantGeek on December 30, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Attention secular leftists: While you push birth control and abortion, we are outbreeding you. Liberalism is an evolutionary dead end.

TheUnrepentantGeek on December 30, 2008 at 1:42 PM

FIFY.

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Except that you have a perfect example of a gay man right here in this thread who doesn’t want any of that.

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Again, why do you have to insult me? I’m not a moderate, and I couldn’t care less about how I’m perceived. I simply don’t drop my morals because I disagree with someone.

That’s it.

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 1:48 PM

That’s it.

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 1:48 PM

I’m not insulting you by stating what I see. You want to be sweet (inoffensive) and that is hardly an insult. You want to have peace on the threads you are on and again, that’s hardly an insult.

You are moderate, unless I am misunderstanding the meaning of moderate. Now if I had called you a radical, your charge against me might have some merit. But to deny you are a moderate when you have taken a position of wider acceptance of heretofore unacceptable behaviors, well that is simply disingenuous. But moderate or not, it is hardly an insult to be called a moderate.

You seem to be inappropriately sensitive for no obvious purpose. But that could just be my bias.

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Please explain “sin” to me then and why Bristol bonking her boyfriend when she was 15 doesn’t qualify? And also which page of the bible does it say divorce is ok, Mr. Divorcee?

Noneya on December 29, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Noneya,

Levi and Bristol engaging in sexual intercourse outside of marriage is a sin per Catholic dogma. However, think of how they reacted to their sin. They didn’t make excuses and abort the baby which would lead to murder. You don’t erase sin by commiting another sin.

And divorce is NOT OK. I’m legally divorced, but not annulled. I happen to love my ex-wife. But she is really cranky and tough to live with under the same roof. Who knows? We might link up again later this life or in the next life. I do know that the last think you want to do when confronting sin is to make excuses or rashly jump into another sin. If you cannot admit that you are not perfect and that you are fallen, you cannot be raised up.

Sapwolf on December 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM

actually they are dead wrong. If you remember Jim right after the RNC convention McCain/Palin had their highest poll numbers and were leading barry by 6 or 7 points.

ousoonerfan15 on December 29, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Yep. You cannot argue against the Rasmussen numbers which clearly showed that Palin was by far the best VP pick for McCain at that time. The mortgage disaster and McCain freekin out over it came later in Sept.

Sapwolf on December 30, 2008 at 2:18 PM

You got that right! And you have no place determining our laws, either…

Noneya on December 29, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Such selfishness. You need to think of others more and not yourself. As long as you are so eager to feed your appetite of the flesh, you cannot grow up and feed the soul. Think SELFLESSNESS. It’s tough, but every transformation begins with that FIRST STEP.

The most miserable times of my life were when I was in a introverted selfish life. Things got so much better once I started looking out for God and others. I cannot overemphasize giving to others to lead towards the happy life.

Sapwolf on December 30, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Why are liberals so hateful?

An Era of Hate on December 29, 2008 at 9:53 PM

I believe it is because liberals never really grow up and mature in wisdom and common sense. I used to be lib to mod and a Dem for awhile. Then I started studying issues and facts and you unavoidably move to the right of middle. Also, the Christian religion is a conservative religion dealing with the permanent things: God, souls, the Son, the Holy Spririt, sin, virtue, etc. Christ never preached to use the government to enslave people, yet many on the left think it is OK as a Christian to use the power of the government to try to build Heaven on earth but of course it always ends in people being butcherd in huge numbers. When you put power and pouting ahead of your soul and truly living the Christian life, you end up making government into your religion and that’s what the left does.

Sapwolf on December 30, 2008 at 2:30 PM

so my pointing out the hypocrisy of conservative religious zealots is the equivalent of a racial slur?

Noneya on December 29, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Dude, there are very few if any ‘conservative religious zealots’ on HotAir. You need to stick around and read more and post less to get up to speed. I have yet to meet even one religious hypocrite on this site. Look out and not in Noneya. First step buddy. And just because someone disagrees with you on the sin of sodomy doesn’t mean they are a hypocrite.

Sapwolf on December 30, 2008 at 2:35 PM

You are moderate, unless I am misunderstanding the meaning of moderate.

Based on what? The fact that I don’t preach to homosexuals?

But moderate or not, it is hardly an insult to be called a moderate.

To me it is.

You seem to be inappropriately sensitive for no obvious purpose.

platypus on December 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM

I don’t get how one can be inappropriately sensitive or even appropriately sensitive. And what purpose is served by one’s sensitivity?

Esthier on December 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:38 AM

Heterophobia. Because I’m sorry, but for 99.9% of Americans, much less republicans, that’s an irrational fear.

TheUnrepentantGeek on December 30, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Sorry, if I were grab my bible then my kitchen table would be all wobbly again, maybe you can just post what it says? and if I forgive my gay lovers for giving me sexual pleasure I can get into heaven?

Noneya on December 29, 2008 at 10:03 PM

That’s the spirit. You and pals are getting a Rosary today whether you like it or not.

“Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.” (Matthew 7:6).

This sort of reminds me how I decided to NOT bring my Navarre Bible with me on vacation to CA. I wanted to travel light. Well, while helping at church with Christmas baskets, I met a lady who sells books there. I found a pocket New Testament and she gave it to me FREE. The Word of God FREE. Ain’t this a great world or what. Fits right in my pocket just right.

Sapwolf on December 30, 2008 at 3:01 PM

lansing quaker on December 30, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Probably right. But it’s hard to let all of his great steaming piles of ridiculous BS sit on the threads uncontested.

TheUnrepentantGeek on December 30, 2008 at 3:01 PM

Happy New Year to all Hot Air readers, lurkers and staff!

chunderroad on December 30, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Great post.

Sarah is a Big Tent Republican! Her being identified as some kinda Bob Jones extremist is ridiculous once you actually spent time studying her record.

Thanks Chunderroad.

Sapwolf on December 30, 2008 at 3:15 PM

lansing quaker on December 30, 2008 at 1:53 AM
+10

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 2:24 AM

+10 to the 10th

Sapwolf on December 30, 2008 at 3:53 PM

Noneya on December 30, 2008 at 1:38 AM

ROFLMAO

Hateful, intolerant, bigoted, pathatic scum like Noneya telling someone to get over their bitterness… hilarious.

malclave on December 30, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Yahoo, Congratulations to everyone. I hope that just for once the libtards, MSM, and all those nasty Palin haters will rejoice in the birth of this precious little gift, and for a moment, set your nasty remarks aside. (As for k oberstormenfuhrer, who cares what you have to say a$$wipe. bless Sarah’s grandchild……

clinker46 on December 30, 2008 at 5:05 PM

)Bless Sarah’s grandchild……

clinker46 on December 30, 2008 at 5:05 PM

Oops!

clinker46 on December 30, 2008 at 5:09 PM

Congratulations to the whole Palin/Heath family on the birth of a new member! May God Bless you one and all and especially Tripp, Bristol and Levi.

(I hope you make a ton of money on the baby’s pictures. You deserve it for all the garbage that was printed.)

Buckeye Babe on December 30, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Buckeye Babe on December 30, 2008 at 5:26 PM

I hope the young parents use it for a nice down payment on a house. If the media is willing to pay for a gander at their youngster, I see no shame in putting the money to good use.

ramrocks on December 30, 2008 at 6:09 PM

ProudPalinFan on December 30, 2008 at 11:46 AM

upinak on December 30, 2008 at 11:55 AM

*Shout out to my neighbor Chunderroad* Forecast will be 6″ tomorrow; I must say I am very disappointed b/c we got to clean up the yard, burn leaves, played with the Pyr, get the logs ready…sounds like October fun, doesn’t it? Sarah was introduced in fact by Gov. Ridge on 10/30. She said she was honored to be beside “the best Governor, like-evah?”

Upinak: Would love to meet you someday. You sure are one lucky fella to have Sarah as Gov…I forgot indeed one little tidbit that will tick off the whole Hot Air reading community…

US TAXPAYERS SEND TO PUERTO RICO AND US TERRITORIES +1 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR, TO KEEP THEM AFLOAT…

So this issue has to finish, either Statehood or Independence. Besides, I believe 4 million people can contribute financially to the US, and vice versa. Right now the balance is heavily tilted one way.

In other news, Puerto Rico and the USVI-dunno about Guam-will have US State Quarters, in 2009. :D

I am waiting for Sarah to take a little break from babyhood and visit the Alaskan National Guard and their peers in Baghdad, full uniform, in the middle of dinner in the chow room, and see how the military reacts.

ProudPalinFan on December 30, 2008 at 8:11 PM

Hottest granny in all of granny-dom.

Handel on December 30, 2008 at 9:59 PM

A heartfelt “Congratulations Gramma” and a very happy and prosperous new year to you and yours. Lord knows you deserve that and much more.

kellyjane on December 30, 2008 at 10:08 PM