The obligatory “Human Events names Palin conservative of the year” post

posted at 4:30 pm on December 22, 2008 by Allahpundit

I told Ed this morning that the only way we’re going to drum up even moderate interest in the site this week is to bait readers with posts about Palin or atheism.

I guess I’ll start looking for atheism news after this.

Who cares if Palin was qualified to be President? She was running with John McCain! There was no chance that ticket was going to place her anywhere near the presidency. In fact, I can’t think of a better place to put someone you wanted to keep away from the White House than on a ticket with McCain.

Palin was a kick in the pants, she energized conservatives, and she made liberal heads explode. Other than his brave military service, introducing Sarah Palin to Americans is the greatest thing John McCain ever did for his country.

But unless Palin is going to be the perpetual running mate of “moderate” Republicans who need conservative bona fides, she will need to become wiser and better read. Even Reagan didn’t run for President in his 40s.

That’s Coulter writing, although if I didn’t know it, I could have guessed: No one else except Limbaugh has enough conservative goodwill banked to escape a treason charge for suggesting that Sarahcuda isn’t perfectly well read already. In fact, she suggests Palin spend the next decade honing her chops as governor instead of challenging The One. A fine idea — in fact, a majority of HA readers agree that she should wait until 2016 — but that would put her on a collision course with Jindal, and I’m far from convinced that match-up favors her.

HE interviewed Palin for the occasion, too. A snippet:

GIZZI: For my birthday this year, friends gave me the new biography of Andrew Jackson [American Lion, by Jon Meacham]. One of the passages that reminded me of you is when the author is explaining how vilified Jackson was and says, ‘He was the first President to come from the common people, not from an educated elite, and he never ceased to see himself as their champion.’ Is that something you can identify with and do you think the fact you had a similar background to Jackson’s was a reason for some of the criticism you received from some of the punditocracy and the media in general?

PALIN: Maybe initially it is a hindrance for someone starting out. But once the electorate knows what that candidate’s convictions are and positions are, I don’t think that matters. You just prefaced your question with the fact that I didn’t come from that ‘stock’. I got my education from the University of Idaho because that’s what I could afford. It was the least-expensive school that offered the programs I knew would benefit me in my future. My Dad was a school teacher and had four kids in college at about the same time. It didn’t occur to me to ask my parents to pay for my college education. We all worked through school and paid for schools that we could afford. I still got a great education. No, I don’t come from the self-proclaimed ‘movers and shakers’ group and that’s fine with me. It’s caused me, or rather, allowed me, to work harder and pulled myself up by my bootstraps without anyone else helping me. I think it allows me to be in touch with the vast majority of Americans who are in the same position that I am. That is desiring government to be on our side and not against us. And that means, in a lot of ways, for government to get out of the way to allow our families and our businesses to keep more of what they produce, to meet our own priorities.

Elsewhere in the interview, contra the boldface part, she explains her initial support for TARP — which of course my boss vehemently opposed from day one, just like she’s always vehemently opposed the sort of path to citizenship for lawbreakers that Palin is on record as supporting. Exit question one: If Palin’s the new gold standard for conservatism, what’s Michelle? Diamond/platinum? Exit question two: Why is it that McCain’s support for TARP “appalled” Joe the Plumber and helped convince him that Maverick was but the lesser of two evils, whereas Palin’s “absolutely the real deal” notwithstanding her support for the very same policy?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

She must have some real skill at convincing the opposition to see things her way, and/or Alaska Democrats must be more conservative than the lower-48 type.
Jim62sch on December 22, 2008 at 10:24 PM

Hmmm you haven’t seen Benny Shaker then huh.

upinak on December 22, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Diamond and one of a kind. Shame she won’t run for office.

HotAirJosef on December 22, 2008 at 8:42 PM

I’d vote for her. I doubt she’d ever seek ofice, but I do wish she’d get her own show on a network, Fox or otherwise.

Red State State of Mind on December 22, 2008 at 10:37 PM

It’s easy to be platinum standard when you have no responsibilities for governing anyone.

Michelle is great. So is Ann. But they get to say whatever they think and put down whoever they want, because they aren’t held politically accountable for it. Palin can make this country better, but she has to get elected first and she can’t be quite as crass or pointed, though funny, as Ann Coulter or Michelle Malkin (neither of whom would win a major election…except maybe in Minnesota). Similar goals, but different ways to get there. Need both types.

XWing5 on December 22, 2008 at 10:37 PM

Here is the You Tube of Obama making the statement…

kcarpenter on December 22, 2008 at 10:43 PM

You guys have got to check out John O’Sullivan’s article at the WSJ titled “Conservative Snobs Are Wrong About Palin.”

He writes:

“…as it happens, I know Margaret Thatcher. Margaret Thatcher is a friend of mine. And as a matter of fact, Margaret Thatcher and Sarah Palin have a great deal in common.”

ramrocks on December 22, 2008 at 10:57 PM

If Palin’s the new gold standard for conservatism, what’s Michelle?

An internet pundit.

billy on December 22, 2008 at 11:02 PM

“Palin’s MILF shelf-life is going to run pretty low by 2016. Another reason she needs to run in 2012. I don’t want to look at Margaret Thatcher come 2016 or even worse, 2020.”

grdred944 on December 22, 2008 at 6:31 PM

I, for one, would welcome a 2nd coming of Margaret Thatcher (not that she’s gone). Lady Thatcher and Ronald Reagen were quite the team in the 80′s.

Gohawgs on December 22, 2008 at 11:10 PM

ramrocks on December 22, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Interesting. Thanks for linking.

From the article:

But she has plenty of time, probably eight years, to analyze America’s problems, recruit her own expert advice, and develop conservative solutions to them.

I hope she’s already working on this, and that she goes into CPAC with a speech that serves as a starting point for some of those solutions.

FYI: another book deal for a reporter. I’m not feeling very optimistic about this one based on the quote provided from the release (not to mention his news organization).

meltenn on December 22, 2008 at 11:19 PM

John O’Sullivan’s article is in the Headlines now.

INC on December 22, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Palin does need to study up and prepare herself before she enters the presidential fray again, but I don’t see why that should take more than four years, if she applies herself to the task and gets the right staff. Much will depend on the Unknown Unknowns that arise between now and then. Obama might be an extremely beatable incumbent, despite the best efforts of the media to prop him up, and Palin could easily overcome the snarky media attempts to reduce her to a caricature.

The most important thing for Palin to remember is that she isn’t going to be the next Obama, sailing in from nowhere with no positions or record, but a suitcase full of happy talk. No Republican will *ever* get to do that. I think the Caroline Kennedy affair will be most instructive to Palin, if she’s paying attention. Watching the very same people who shredded her for her “inexperience” and pummel her with snide insults about her wardrobe expenses, pivot on a dime and begin cooing at the prospect of the Queen of Naboo being carried into the Senate, should impress upon Palin the cold reality of the endless double standard she faces. If she remembers how unfairly she was, and will be, treated, she’ll do fine.

Doctor Zero on December 22, 2008 at 11:24 PM

meltenn on December 22, 2008 at 11:19 PM

They’re all trying to get rich off of her.

ramrocks on December 22, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Doctor Zero on December 22, 2008 at 11:24 PM

+10!

I just noted on another conservative website invested with leftist trolls the fact that when the GOP won in 2004, no rightwinger felt the need to hang out on the Daily Kos or the HuffPost to belittle John Edwards. We could have cared less. We didn’t do that to Joe Lieberman in 2000 either. Why do these trolls feel the need to continue these drive-by postings on Palin?

I think they are hoping to kneecap her before she ever gets the chance to rise again. I think they fear her because they must know deep down how effective she could be as a future candidate. A full prepared Sarah Palin would be a force of nature.

ramrocks on December 22, 2008 at 11:31 PM

ramrocks on December 22, 2008 at 11:26 PM

They better get rich, they’re all going to be out of a job soon.

meltenn on December 22, 2008 at 11:32 PM

“We need a real Republican in the Presidential chair”

- Thomas Jefferson

The Dems are the federalists, we are the Jeffersonian-Republicans

GO!

joey24007 on December 22, 2008 at 11:34 PM

ramrocks on December 22, 2008 at 11:31 PM

HuffPo wasn’t around in 2004. Regardless, my experience has been that the enlightened people who run these types of sites do not allow opposing points of view to be around for long.

Snowed In on December 22, 2008 at 11:37 PM

From the O’Sullivan article referenced above:

“But she shares with Mrs. Thatcher a very rare charisma.”

There ya go. That’s why she’s hated. That’s why the moonbats just can NOT give it up. ;)

ddrintn on December 22, 2008 at 11:47 PM

You want a piece of my traffic… You Got It!

Happy Festivus

Kini on December 22, 2008 at 11:55 PM

ddrintn on December 22, 2008 at 11:47 PM

ummm that has already been known for sometime.

upinak on December 22, 2008 at 11:56 PM

ddrintn on December 22, 2008 at 11:47 PM

ummm that has already been known for sometime.

upinak on December 22, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Oh, well. Bears repeating, like about 500 other points I see raised here from time to time.

ddrintn on December 23, 2008 at 12:00 AM

ddrintn on December 23, 2008 at 12:00 AM

I found this interesting from O’Sullivan’s article:

They are far from identical; they rose in different political systems requiring different skills. As a parliamentarian, Mrs. Thatcher needed forensic and debating skills which her training in Oxford politics and as a tax lawyer gave her. Mrs. Palin is a good speaker, but she needs to hone her debating tactics if she is to match those of the Iron Lady.

On the other hand, Mrs. Palin rose in state politics to jobs requiring executive ability. Her successful conduct of the negotiations with Canada, Canadian provinces and American states over the Alaska pipeline was a larger executive task than anything handled by Mrs. Thatcher until she entered the Cabinet and, arguably, until she became prime minister.

And I noted this:

Second, Margaret Thatcher was not yet Margaret Thatcher. She had not won the 1979 election, recovered the Falklands, reformed trade union law, defeated the miners, and helped destroy Soviet communism peacefully.

Things like that change your mind about a girl. But they also take time, during which she had to turn her instinctive beliefs into intellectually coherent policies against opposition inside and outside her own party. Like Mrs. Palin this year, Mrs. Thatcher knew there were serious gaps in her knowledge, especially of foreign affairs. She recruited experts who shared her general outlook (such as Robert Conquest and Hugh Thomas) to tutor her on these things. Even so she often seemed very alone in the Tory high command.

As a parliamentary sketch writer for the Daily Telegraph (and a not very repressed suburbanite), I watched Mrs. Thatcher’s progress as opposition leader. She had been a good performer in less exalted positions. But initially she faltered. Against the smooth, condescending Prime Minister James Callaghan in particular she had a hard time. In contrast to his chuckling baritone she sounded shrill when she attacked. But she lowered her tone (vocally not morally), took lessons in presentation from (among others) Laurence Olivier, and prepared diligently for every debate and Question Time.

We might very well be saying someday that in 2008 Sarah Palin was not yet Sarah Palin.

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 12:10 AM

FINALLY! The Obligatory Admission by Allahpundit That His Editorializing Does Not Interest Readers.

BINGO – BAY-BEEE!!!!

grtflmark on December 23, 2008 at 12:13 AM

I think Sarah should go for it in 2012! She can do it! I believe she can polish up by then. She is not that un polished. Go Sarah Go!

sheebe on December 23, 2008 at 12:51 AM

Jim62sch on December 22, 2008 at 8:52 PM
joey24007 on December 22, 2008 at 9:52 PM
Brian1972 on December 22, 2008 at 7:10 PM
meltenn on December 22, 2008 at 5:37 PM
technopeasant on December 22, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Hey, guys, I found a smart troll over at Human Events. I’m going to try to answer him, but I could really use some help on this one.

Please stop by here and lend a hand. The guy’s post is “REC, Arlington, VA” and it was posted on “Dec 23, 2008 @ 12:53 AM”. You can scroll back to see my original post to him.

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 1:17 AM

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 1:17 AM

If you need someone to add immature, sarcastic comments at roughly a 9th-grade level of intellect, just give me a shout.

Mr. Wednesday Night on December 23, 2008 at 2:48 AM

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 1:17 AM

Ugh, all the same old discredited memes. Troopergate? Check. “Kill him”? Check. Pipeline not built? Check. Extorting oil companies and buying votes with the money? Check.

I’m so sick of shooting those down over and over. Even the people spreading that crap don’t believe it – arguing with them only seems to be for the benefit of ignorant people who happen to be reading the comments.

Jim62sch on December 23, 2008 at 2:49 AM

I got my Sarah Palin calendar. Cool.

I’m also going to CPAC too, now that I heard the Cuda will make an appearance. I’ll be the only one there staying at the luxurious Day’s Inn in Huntington, VA.

Damn, I gotta marry one of those rich GOP widows.

Maybe I can shake her hand…AGAIN. Woo-Hoo!!

Sapwolf on December 23, 2008 at 2:59 AM

Damn, I gotta marry one of those rich GOP widows.

Sapwolf on December 23, 2008 at 2:59 AM

Nancy Reagan’s available…I’ll even give you your opening line. “Hey, wasn’t Obama a giant douchebag for saying that you held seances in the White House?”

Jim62sch on December 23, 2008 at 3:05 AM

Jim62sch on December 23, 2008 at 2:49 AM

I’m educating him on the gasline and can do troopergate too. I’m in the middle of drafting a long answer, but could use some help finding the articles to debunk his “kill him” crap. Part of the problem is that newspapers like the Telegraph actually published that nonsense idea that Palin was baiting violence. It’s utter crap. He is complaining that I am somehow blaming Obama directly for the nasty things done to Palin, and yet he has no problem blaming Palin for whatever wacko threats were made against Obama.

Did the Secret Service make the causality argument about Palin and the Obama threats or was that inferred by the MSM and the Obama camp?

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 3:29 AM

Mr. Wednesday Night on December 23, 2008 at 2:48 AM

All help is welcome. Go to it, friend!

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 3:29 AM

Jim62sch on December 23, 2008 at 2:49 AM

BTW, what’s really frightening is my feeling that these trolls are an organized front.

Another conservative poster at HE (going by the name Al Sane) noted:

“It’s all professional now. These tards are either volunteers or they are paid by political bodies. They seem to be in a sock-puppet mode recently. They are always testing new rhetorical tactics. It’s like focus groups, except they’re trying to see what angle confuses the Conservatives. So they come to mainstream blogs like this one, and work their craft. And the GOP and the blog administrators themselves are seemingly clueless. I think they’re still in denial, and trying to pretend it’s all just random happenstance.”

It’s as if they are simply planting falsehoods hoping that it will sink into the collective consciousness as fact. The more they make these outrageous claims, the more people will believe them. They always pretend to be from Alaska because they gives them the aura of being “in the know.”

It’s truly scary to think of how manipulative the left can be. And, make no mistake, they have Palin marked for termination.

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 3:33 AM

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 3:29 AM

It was only ever inferred – to my knowledge, the Telegraph was the only paper that explicitly drew a link (I think based on the Newsweek “anonymous source” profile shortly after the election).

A lot of other media outlets did tut-tutting about the “tone” at rallies though. The crowds at the rallies got unfriendly toward the media after Joe the Plumber’s “vetting” (remember Tito and Byron York?) and the media returned the favor. It had been bad before that, though – remember how she called them out at her convention speech, and the crowd started chanting “NBC”? Hmmm, what network does Dana Milbank his appearances on?

Oddly, “Kill him” got much more play than the widespread “Sarah Palin is a c^&t” t-shirts. Remember how Palin’s children actually got exposed to that? (I think Palin talked about it in her Halloween campaign bus interview with Greta Van Susteren.) There was actual photographic evidence of the t-shirts, but never any evidence of “Kill him”.

Jim62sch on December 23, 2008 at 3:38 AM

The McCain campaign made a huge mistake by trying to control her and her message after her introduction.

When they let Sarahcudda be Sarahcudda,she did just fine.
Came off a lot more confident and knowledgeable.
Her holding democrats accountable for their hypocrisy and double standards resonated very well with the base bringing in huge crowds to her campaign stops.
If her accomplishments had been presented more vigorously and defended by McCain and other Republican voices during their interviews and entertainment stops,she would have been more appealing to independents by refuting the cheap shots,no experience,and “not up to the task” bullsh!t the Saturday night live crows was pushing.
After all,Sarah has more experience and accomplishments than the failed community organizer that the MSM and liberal
sheep ushered into the Presidency.

I am ready for 2012 ticket.

SARAH PALIN/GENERAL PETRAEUS 2012.
ACTIONS THAT SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

Baxter Greene on December 23, 2008 at 3:40 AM

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 3:33 AM

Meh. I’m not totally discounting the astroturfers, but how hard did we push Wright, Ayers, “spread the wealth”, “57 states”, bankrupting the coal industry, and everything Obama did and said? That stuff was spread from some big megaphones at Fox News, talk radio, blogs, and other places, and it didn’t affect the great clueless middle who vote for the American Idol candidate. They just never heard about that stuff. It’s the same with a lot of these obscure or complex Palin smears, most people will never hear them.

The thing I worry about the most is the simple smear “Sarah Palin is dumb” – i.e. the attempt to Quayle-ize her. But she destroys that impression every time she actually gets in front of a microphone, just like Reagan.

Jim62sch on December 23, 2008 at 3:46 AM

The obligatory “Allahpundit brown-noses The Boss for a bigger Christmas Bonus” post >_>

In any event. I think there’s a difference between McCain’s idea that anyone who opposes illegal imigration is a nativist and Palin’s belief there should be a better “path to citizenship.”

I’m not quite sure what that means, but I also support a path to citizenship for illegal aliens. It is a simple three-step process goes like this:

1. Go back home.
2. Get in the back of the line.
3. Wait your turn like everybody else.

As far as TARP, Palin appeared to be under the delusion the government would keep its promises and not throw US Taxpayers under the bus.

BKennedy on December 23, 2008 at 5:03 AM

Nothing new here. Just agreeing with those who have pointed out that Malkin is a talker and Palin is a doer. We need both, but I stand with the doer. Michelle can help direct the spear, but Sarah will be holding it and, hopefully, shoving it through the big-eared freak’s marxist heart.

SKYFOX on December 23, 2008 at 5:46 AM

The Fred Thompson Show, broadcast from the Westwood One studios in Washington, will air live from noon-2 p.m. weekdays beginning February 2009.

I’ll bet that Palin will be his first radio guest. And how will Rush take to more competition while the democrats try to gag conservative talk radio?

maverick muse on December 23, 2008 at 6:55 AM

Jim62sch on December 23, 2008 at 3:38 AM

I just posted my massively long reply to him. Tell me if you think I covered all the bases.

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 7:11 AM

I’m afraid I have to report a Shelby sighting. Still at it, preggers, ALL CAPS AND MULTIPLE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!!!!!!

Relentlessly judgemental about Sarah’s perfectly normal family life.

I’ve not seen her for awhile here, perhaps we flamed her hard enough that she went elsewhere with her stupid family values+animal rights extremism anti-Palin campaign. Feel free to tell her what you think again!

Townhall.com

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 7:17 AM

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 7:17 AM

God Almighty, I’m crying laughing after reading that crazy post by this “Shelby” person. What a f***ing idiot. The ranting CAPS are the best part (“SHE’S GOT PREGNANT! SHE HAD SEX!!”)

ROTFLMAO! I can’t believe this imbecile is for real.

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 7:44 AM

ROTFLMAO! I can’t believe this imbecile is for real.

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 7:44 AM

She used to rant and rave endlessly against Palin here during the campaign. Disgruntled Romney supporter and rabid animal rights extremist, always yelling about the wolf control program and killing caribous and such. I think we ran her out of here a month or two ago. I had to throw the articles about the success of the wolf control, how it’s helped the caribou herds rebound in population. After that, Shelby pops up at Townhall, Politico, Human Events, and several others whenever any article mentions Sarah Palin.

The response by “Brian” was me, if you hadn’t put that together. What did you think of what I said?

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 8:17 AM

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 8:17 AM

The response by “Rebecca” was me.

I thought your comments were hilarious. Loved them.

I’m still laughing at how crazy that lady sounded — going on and on about the pregnancies. What a fruitloop.

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 8:20 AM

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 7:17 AM

I’m still laughing at the way you worded your post: “I’m afraid I have to report a Shelby sighting.” LOL! It’s like she’s a cross between Bigfoot and the crazy lady they keep locked in the attic in gothic novels.

As if you’re shouting, “Attention people! We’ve got a live one!”

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 8:24 AM

Nice to know you think so little of your readership Alla.

Between your arrogance and Ed’s utter inability to correct his mistakes, the place has become nearly unreadable.

Bryan!!! Come back!!

Jim708 on December 23, 2008 at 8:26 AM

The ranting CAPS are the best part (”SHE’S GOT PREGNANT! SHE HAD SEX!!”)

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 7:44 AM

Shelby thinks Sarah is a hypocrite for “allowing” her daughter to become “preggers”, as she annoyingly says. Plus, Sarah and Todd might have been “preggers” before they got married, then implying the whole Palin-Heath clan of women are whores by nature or something. Really out there on the edge. She tried the Christian anti-teen pregnancy argument here alot, while ignoring the compassion for young women who have sinned and need support. What was she supposed to do, weld a chastity belt on a 17 yo girl and lock her in the basement? No, you teach her that she will have to grow up fast to fulfill the new responsibilities that are coming up real fast. That is exactly what the Palins did. The right thing.

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 8:26 AM

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 8:24 AM

The best way to deal with these frothing at the mouth types is pointed ridicule. That seems to send her away eventually.

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 8:29 AM

I got my Sarah Palin calendar. Cool. Sapwolf on December 23, 2008 at 2:59 AM

Is that the “THONG” bathing suit one? I have that one too! It’s SOOooooooo fricking HOT! She makes my… oh wait, did I just type that? Ahhhh, nvm…

Wow, sorry, that was just wrong…

I feel strongly that “OUR GAL” will run in 2012 with Sanford, maybe as top ticket, maybe as VP… I’m not sure yet. She will be ready, she’s smart, politicaly savy and has received a huge lesson in “gotcha” MSM tool Liberals.

The “First Dude” is a tough, real man and he will stang strong beside her in the next battle royal.

Mark Garnett on December 23, 2008 at 8:32 AM

Mark Garnett on December 23, 2008 at 8:32 AM

I guess chivalry is dead. Stay classy, dude.

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Trying to have a bit of fun in some rough times…

Corruption, bailouts, war, terror, Obama / Biden…

Sometimes just good to “laugh” a bit…

The birth of Christ in the manger…

Finaly, a smile…

Mark Garnett on December 23, 2008 at 8:54 AM

Question: Why does Newt Gingrich NOT get a lot of support from conservatives like those here at HA?

Gingrich is one tough conservative. He espouses conservative tax policy, he is socially conservative, knows policy and can argue conservative points against ANY liberal out there, tough on defense…and on and on.

Palin is fine, but if you think Bush was a vulnerable punching bag not very good at defending conservatism, wait till palin get’s in.

Seriously, I don’t understand the lack of support for Newt. Sure the libs hate him but….?

Goodeye_Closed on December 23, 2008 at 9:11 AM

Goodeye_Closed on December 23, 2008 at 9:11 AM

I am NOT speaking for all the folks at HA, but I dislike Newt because he talks out of both sides of his mouth. He does, as you so rightly pointed out, have great ideas, can articulate “Republican” points, I would say he is NOT a true Conservative in my way of thinking, and he can twist most Liberals into knots… That being said, he is VERY FOND of being “liked” by the Liberals, fond of Hillary and has WAY TOO MANY nice, kind and glowing praise for Democrates. I personaly want someone who wants to “kill them”, “destroy them” politicaly of course… But NEVER ceed to thier ideas on Global Warming, Tax Policies, Unions, Immigration and our Military… The far left have NOTHING of value in those areas to compromise on, they MUST be defeated. Newt is NOT willing to go there, I am…

Mark Garnett on December 23, 2008 at 9:18 AM

Palins record is heads and tails better than obamas.
she has shown a quickness that Is rare in a pol.
She is the reason McCain got any sort of energy at all behind him.
She and only she, is the one to rock obama back on his heels in any measure.

Once again, the elitist (be they on the right or the left) come out and underestimate her.

They make the same mistake that her opponents have made.
Those same opponents that are no longer in office.

Shut the hell up, and let her get in the ring with everyone else. Lets see who the last man, or woman it is that will be left standing.

And rather than sitting there with your thumb up your hiney till the very last minute….(looking in your direction laura ingraham)…get behind the conservative, and get your battlegear on.

Handel on December 23, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 8:26 AM

I eagerly await the day when one of the left’s favorite daughters has their birth control fail, and they blame it on the fallacy of teaching kids that pills and rubbers are foolproof.

But that never happens, because the rubber and pill industry would rather a quarter of teenage women in the US have an STD than stop peddling their wares. The former has already happened, incidentely. I imagine they won’t stop raking in the dough even if it hits 50%.

BKennedy on December 23, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Why are you afraid of Sarah?

upinak on December 22, 2008 at 6:08 PM

Why do you think I fear her? Recall the days of Fred! when hotair was all giddy and worshipped the ground he walked on. Now Palin is the Fred 2.0. I like Palin, but, I think she needs to be examined, not worhsipped.

hanzblinx on December 23, 2008 at 10:56 AM

hanzblinx on December 23, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Umm, I happen to like Fred! too. But Alaskans weren’t “allowed” to vote for him in the Primary… i.e. his name wasn’t on the Ballot. So yeah, I pick ROMNEY even though I concidered him the shortest thing from evil… i.e. Shmuckabee and RuPaul.

As for Sarah, I have met her, worked with her, etc. She isn’t stupid, but how the MSM made her look, compared to her speeches in front of crowds were two different things. You can only make someone look dumb long enough to get them out of the way, and only make someone look smart enough, until they open their mouth.

Sarah has the interest of people around the nation if not for one reason… Sarah is actually honest.

She isn’t a God, she is a pretty average person, with an extremely average family who many can and have connected with.

Sorry to burst your little bubble.

upinak on December 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM

You can only make someone look dumb long enough to get them out of the way, and only make someone look smart enough, until they open their mouth get elected President.

upinak on December 23, 2008 at 11:07 AM

FIFY.

Snowed In on December 23, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Jim62sch on December 23, 2008 at 3:38 AM

Robert Stacy McCain has a “must read” article on this whole meme about the “kill him” comment and the Telegraph article. Check it out!

ramrocks on December 23, 2008 at 1:01 PM

Human Events..Sarah Palin..Ann Coulter – yawn. Such irrelevance.

Vernon Hardapple on December 23, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Vern Rottenapple……why the f*^$! do you bother then, you walking yawnbox? Go find something you think is important to you and leave us poor knuckleheads to our pathetic musings. We are beneath you, Lord Shatpant!

Brian1972 on December 23, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Jim62sch on December 23, 2008 at 2:49 AM

True, its a huge waste of time. I notice one poster there said something to the effect that the majority country just totally rejected Palin’s stand on the issues; if that’s so, then the lefties wouldn’t have to rely so much on “Caribou Barie”, “chillbilly”, “trailer trash”, “igloo trash” or whatever idiotic line of attack they want to come up with. They hardly ever discuss “issues”; they know that they’re on the losing side in such discussions.

Sorry for bringing up again a point that has no doubt been gone over ad nauseam.

ddrintn on December 23, 2008 at 4:52 PM

I think she should run as an independent.

It’s only an issue of getting it out there who she really is. It’s not an accident that 93% of California blacks voted for Obama, but 70% of those same people voted yes on Proposition 8. The country is conservative, but people looked at John McCain and said, “He voted for the bailout too, there’s no difference between them, I’m making history!”

I think she only needs 4 more years as governor though. Experience clearly doesn’t matter to people if they like what’s being said, and she clearly knows how to govern.

PastorJon on December 23, 2008 at 5:09 PM

The interview was such a pompous and arrogant ass. Why was he stumping for McCain? Because Joe is a CONSERSVATIVE you friggin’ idiot.

I also love how the journalistic integrity comment came up… it wasn’t his own comment. You KNOW that some slimy producer in the control room whispered that into his earpiece.

Joe is the Common Man. Go Joe!

cannonball on December 23, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Palin isn’t the future of the Republican party, shes the past.
No one wants to elect someone because they would want to have a beer with them anymore.

jim_collins on December 23, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Palin isn’t the future of the Republican party, shes the past.

jim_collins on December 23, 2008 at 11:31 PM

If that were true, I can’t for the life of me figure out why you’re so moved to say so.

ddrintn on December 23, 2008 at 11:39 PM

ddrintn on December 23, 2008 at 11:39 PM

It’s hard to have a beer with someone when you are genuflecting.

Snowed In on December 24, 2008 at 12:29 AM

It’s hard to have a beer with someone when you are genuflecting.

Snowed In on December 24, 2008 at 12:29 AM

I don’t do the genuflecting bit. Obamatons do enough of that for one universe, really.

ddrintn on December 24, 2008 at 1:07 AM

Palin is the future of the Republican…she is pure,she is simple, and she has core values anyone can understand.

This is why she has Reagan and Thatcher qualities that none
of her opponents seem to display. She is a fighter.

She is the David-like reformer against the Goliath Washington system. In 4 years if we face a Jimmy Carter situation, like Reagan, Palin will be the shining light.
And the next beloved Conservative in the White House for
8 years.

dec5 on December 24, 2008 at 1:20 AM

We have just named Sarah Palin “Libertarian of the Year” for 2008 over at Libertarian Republican blog.

Runner-ups? Bob Barr, Wayne Root, Mark Sanford, and Joe the Plumber.

ericdondero on December 24, 2008 at 10:37 AM