Ultimate heart-ache: Michelle dumps on atheists

posted at 1:57 pm on December 18, 2008 by Allahpundit

But affectionately. Sort of. Except for her suggestion that believers treat them like “trolls.” Heh.

I think she’s referring specifically to the sort of jackassery going on at the capitol in Washington, of which neither I nor the other conservative atheist/agnostics I read are fans. But just in case not, I take comfort in knowing that I’ll always have Ayaan.

Exit question: Um, what exactly is Gretchen saying here? Christianity’s going to disappear unless we … take away atheists’ First Amendment rights?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 12 13 14 15

However, one thing I have always hoped you would do — is that you clean up your language. See, when you say something I generally agree with, yet call somebody “trash,” that makes it very difficult for me to respond, because I cannot condone the bad language.

‘trash’ is bad language? give me a break. its the truth…perhaps I should have just said:

You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father’s desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

the bible also says don’t cast pearls before swine…and many of these people are swine..do you think thats a bad word too?

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 10:18 AM

So you expect your reward is to be up in Heaven smirking down at tormented unbelievers for eternity? Is that the prize your little mind aspires to? Regard your response indelible.

DarkCurrent on December 20, 2008 at 7:50 PM

there will be no sympathy for the devil, or anyone else in hell…they will have gotten what they so richly deserve…looks like the truth hurts…and looks like your eternity will hurt even more…something to look forward to…but christianity and God is just a myth, a fable…why are SOOOOOO upset??? hmmmmm????? HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 10:21 AM

hey atheist trolls, keep bowing down to your hairygod darwin…at least you have a god in your own image…a vile, racist piece of trash.

have a nice day!! *smirk*

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 10:25 AM

apacalyps on December 21, 2008 at 4:26 AM

Actually, it proves quite the opposite to anyone anyone who’s ever exchanged innuendo for the sake of humor. You, not having the intellectual capability nor the maturity to handle it without considering it a sexual encounter (and you would, having apparently never had one of those either), miss this. Few others do.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 11:41 AM

racist piece of trash

Name calling – the last refuge of the truly religious.

Projection?

Pelayo on December 21, 2008 at 12:27 PM

“God… a being whose only definition is that he is beyond man’s power to conceive.”

“Religion is a primitive form of philosophy, [the] attempt to offer a comprehensive view of reality.” The Objectivist Feb 1966 WMail Issue #5

Ayn Rand

Speakup on December 21, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Name calling – the last refuge of the truly religious.

Projection?

Pelayo on December 21, 2008 at 12:27 PM

too funny! considering I’m bi-racial, and my wife is black…as bugs would say: what a maroon!!

darwin was a racist…and his followers have been too…look at watson…down to this very day.

as Gould admitted:

“Biological arguments for racism may have been common before 1859, but they increased by orders of magnitude following the acceptance of evolutionary theory.” Stephen Jay Gould,
‘Ontogeny and Phylogeny’, Belknap-Harvard Press, pp. 27-128

truth hurts…

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Name calling – the last refuge of the truly religious.

Projection?

Pelayo on December 21, 2008 at 12:27 PM

threats, the first refuge of the darwiniac:

right4life, it would be much better if you would just STFU and pray for us like you are supposed to.

Pelayo on December 20, 2008 at 6:14 PM

and yes you are trash.

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 2:09 PM

I’m bi-racial, and my wife is black…

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Folks, President-Elect Barack Obama posts on Hot Air.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Folks, President-Elect Barack Obama posts on Hot Air.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 2:15 PM

you’re just jealout cause you’re not man enough to be with a black lady…

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 2:15 PM

man enough to be with a black lady…

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 2:15 PM

Confirmed racist. You were right, Pelayo.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 2:17 PM

Confirmed racist. You were right, Pelayo.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 2:17 PM

looks like the truth hurts!! but since you’re on here 24/7, doesn’t look like any woman of any race wants you!

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 2:19 PM

right4life, I have been commenting on several blogs and chat rooms over the past eight years, and I must say that you are the most abrasive, insulting, vacuous, and juvenile commenter I have ever encounted

Pelayo on December 21, 2008 at 5:06 PM

since you’re going to post the same drivel in 2 places I’ll post the same response:

Abrasive? you mean like THREATENING PEOPLE??

Pelayo on December 20, 2008 at 6:14 PM

only an gutless a**wipe does that.

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 5:09 PM

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 5:09 PM

It wasn’t a threat, racist. It was a statement that the comments section would be much better without your polluting posts of purile pap. So piss off.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 5:39 PM

Thanks Madison, I needed that.

Pelayo on December 21, 2008 at 5:45 PM

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 5:39 PM

and if I don’t? you gonna want me to come up to your neighborhood again like the other day??

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Thanks Madison, I needed that.

Pelayo on December 21, 2008 at 5:45 PM

whassa matter little man, can’t fight your own battles?? need to hide behind madison’s skirts?? hmmmm?

can you or madison get any more contemptable??

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 6:43 PM

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 6:42 PM

For a racist who was just whining about threats, it’s rich that you’re now looking for a real-life fight.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 7:04 PM

How’s this: Please Mr. Right4Life, tone down your insulting rhetoric, it demeans you and your religion. Please pray for the salvatrion of us sinners.”

Better?

Pelayo on December 21, 2008 at 7:10 PM

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 7:04 PM

I gave the invitation the other day for you a bkennedy to meet me…you weren’t having any…if I was ‘looking for real life fight’ I’d hunt you down.

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 8:05 PM

I gave the invitation the other day for you a bkennedy to meet me…

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 8:05 PM

Exactly. You consider this real life. Sane people, people with lives, do not.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 9:13 PM

Then He is the insecure arrogant MF the Old Testament described. Anyone know how I can get to a universe where the gods are a bit less petty?

DarkCurrent on December 20, 2008 at 5:56 PM

You are going to accept right4life’s representation of God as reliable? C’mon now, stop joking around already!!!

No offense, right4life, but your behavior towards nonbelievers indicates you haven’t a good idea what love means. You are extremely immature.

Bizarro No. 1 on December 21, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Incorrect, Mr. Bizarro. Atheists say they are 100% sure that God doesn’t exist. The very definition of atheist is the doctrine or belief that there is no God! Look, a theist is a person who believes in God. If you put the letter “A” in front of a word in English it very often means the opposite, okay. So an (a)thiest is a person who does not believe in God, or at least claims he does not believe in God. If you are not sure God exists, then you would be considered, “agnostic” (which means, I don’t know) not an atheist.

apacalyps on December 20, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Do you understand the concept of believing that something is true without stating that it is indeed the truth? The difference between opinion, and fact? Nearly every atheist I have ever encountered hasn’t been presumptuous enough to say they are 100% sure they are right that God doesn’t exist.

Bizarro No. 1 on December 21, 2008 at 11:06 PM

just remember our little conversation when you get there…I’m all for people getting what they want. You don’t want God? He’ll oblige…ever think He doesn’t want you either??

right4life on December 20, 2008 at 6:11 PM

If God didn’t want everybody with Him, why exactly do you think Jesus would have said, “love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you”?

Bizarro No. 1 on December 21, 2008 at 11:13 PM

and yes I do get a laugh out of the arrogance and foolishness of the atheists!!

you have no idea how frightening the darkness is…but you will…and I’m all for people learning things the hard way! *smirk*

right4life on December 20, 2008 at 6:44 PM

That is officially an insane sentiment. Are you a member of the RCC by any chance?

Bizarro No. 1 on December 21, 2008 at 11:22 PM

There are active liars in this forum. People who lie proficiently. Actually, if you’ve ever told a lie you are a liar. I am a liar in the general sense as I have told a lie in my life.

apacalyps on December 20, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Do you believe you will thus be labeled a liar for eternity? If not, at what point do you believe your description will be changed from ‘is a liar’ to ‘was a liar’?

Bizarro No. 1 on December 21, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Arrogance? Who around here is claiming to be made in God’s image, certainly not me.

When I consider all the variables that make up the Earth, its orbit, gravitational constant, size, solar intensity, amount of water. lack of meteor impacts, magnetosphere, and a myriad other circumstances, I am humbled that it all came together.

Pelayo on December 20, 2008 at 8:26 PM

If you consider the claim of being made in God’s image to be a reflection of arrogance rather than one of accuracy, it’s no wonder you aren’t happier.

Do you believe babies are born precious and innocent, or not?

Bizarro No. 1 on December 21, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Do you believe babies are born precious and innocent, or not?

Bizarro No. 1 on December 21, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Harlequin babies.

All that needs to be said.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 12:00 AM

philwynk on December 20, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Can I just say that this entire discussion is just too juvenile for words?

No, you can’t.

You Christians: you’re never going to explain to the atheists how Christianity fits together theologically. Two reasons: 1) They genuinely don’t care, they’re not asking in order to understand, they’re asking in order to taunt. Your best bet is to ignore them.

Why should anyone trust you when you say they genuinely don’t care? Did God Himself tell you to say that? Do you believe it’s better that you speak for others’ sincerity than letting them speak for themselves? Has no atheist ever converted to Christianity?

You need to go read Jonah right now. You can thank me later. :)

2) Most of you who are answering (with 1 or 2 exceptions) truly don’t know enough sound theology to fill a damn thimble.

Why should someone consider the standards you approve of to be superior to their own when it comes to judging theology? Who are you speaking for theologically? Islam? Orthodox Judaism? Hinduism? Mormonism? Southern Baptists? Methodism? The Peoples Temple?

I ask you, looking back on the history of Christianity, have debates about whose theology is better been more unifying, or divisive, to the church?

You atheists: for crying out loud, what the hell is wrong with you? You think you’ve actually proved something by asking disingenuous questions on a topic you go out of your way to make sure you don’t understand? How juvenile is that??? You actually think you’ve established something by finding some dumb Christian who knows about enough of his own religion to fill a 3 x 5 notecard, asking him about things he barely understands himself, and getting him tied in knots? You’re like the bullies on the grade school playground, thinking you’re big stuff ’cause you can make a kid half your size cry. If you had balls as big as a flea, you’d stop fooling around with the guys here and go sit down some serious theologians, and try to explain what you believe to them, and then you’d find out just how well-formed your own thoughts are. You’re all a bunch of brainless f***ing cowards as far as I’m concerned.

Did that rant make you feel better?

Now all of you, go spend your time doing something worthwhile, and stop squabbling like damn infants. Jeez.

Physician, heal thyself; pull the log out of your own eye, and all that…

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 1:10 AM

‘trash’ is bad language? give me a break. its the truth…

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 10:18 AM

Hi, right4life. Yes, calling somebody “trash” is a poor testimony for Christ. There were a hundred different words you could have used to rebuke a scoffer instead of using that one. Listen man, I’m not attacking you. I’m on your side, okay. Don’t take this the wrong way. I’m trying to help. Just calm down friend. I wouldn’t bring this up if I didn’t think your cursing was a problem. For instance,

only an gutless a**wipe does that.

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 5:09 PM

What I see is you doing a great job arguing the case for Christ, even winning your arguments against the scoffers, but you spoil the whole thing and turning yourself into a poor witness for Christ by using foul language. People look at your words and think, “Why is he swearing if he is supposed to love God so much? Doesn’t the Bible forbid cursing?” I have to tell you I’ve thought the same thing too. I think, “Ooh, why did he have to swear, doesn’t he realize he’s ruining his testimony.” Please, all I’m asking is for you to try and refrain from swearing that’s all. Why would I try and hurt you if we are on the same side? I wouldn’t.

The bible also says don’t cast pearls before swine… and many of these people are swine.. do you think thats a bad word too?

No. And that is my whole point. Spend some time and make yourself a list of biblical words you can use to rebuke the scoffers. There are many, lol, and they work!! Use them instead of using man-made curse words. Then there is no problem with swearing too much (smiles). Just switch a few words here and there and your better than ever — more effective for Christ and that is who we are doing this for, no? May the Lord bless you and the work you do.

apacalyps on December 22, 2008 at 1:26 AM

Yes, I’ve heard of it. It doesn’t make much sense though. Spontaneous generation of something out of nothing? Unbelievable. Like your God.

The development of simple self-replicating molecules which over longer periods of time become even more complex self-replicating molecules? Almost unbelievable. But not quite as much as before. Here we begin to border on the plausible.

DarkCurrent on December 20, 2008 at 10:38 PM

It’s only unbelievable to those who logical abilities are not quite advanced enough to get them through the doors at the Department of Creativity. I see that you still have some learning to do if you want a cubicle here.

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 1:38 AM

apacalyps on December 20, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Time is a creation of God’s

God created time to the same degree that He created Himself. Think about how that works…

and He is not restricted by it. So it is an error placing God within time, because God exists outside of time.

Can God unring the true history of a bell that has already been rung?

If God now declares that the Liberty Bell never rang, and thus no human could ever recall hearing it do so, did it in actuality never get rung? Of course not-even if the memory of it ringing the first time around now were to exist only in God’s subconscious and nowhere else, it still rang at that one point in time. It isn’t relevant whether living/dead beings are aware of that fact or not.

You simply cannot reasonably argue with the truth of what I am saying here. You need to start understanding how the perception of time by physical beings is distinct from time itself. The actual past is not changable, no matter how much you or anyone else wants to believe that it is.

The God that I worship is not limited by anything involving time, space or matter.

If you still wish to irrationally believe that God exists outside of actual time, that’s your choice, but, if you do so, you can’t rationally state that you are properly worshipping the God of Truth.

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 2:24 AM

Can God unring the true history of a bell that has already been rung?

I want to make clear that the I intended the highlighted “Of course not” as a reference to “Can God unring the true history of a bell that has already been rung?”, not “did it in actuality never get rung?”

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 3:19 AM

right4life on December 21, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Not upset at all, since indeed I don’t believe in Bronze Age mythology.

Btw, are you old enough to be posting here? Your posts seem a bit immature at times.

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 5:38 AM

The concept of god does not fall under any of the definitions of object, as a noun. Therefore, you may want to rethink your belief. I’ll repeat: it requires an idea or belief. god is an idea or belief, as is zen, and yin/yang, and enlightenment, and other such things. All of these are ideas that are based purely on faith, and people live their lives based upon their faith being true. Atheists live based upon the idea that there is no god. Hence, religion.

The concept of god does not fall under any of the definitions of object, as a noun?!?!?! Really, it doesn’t? Are you serious?! Is this the absolute truth, or what you believe is the absolute truth?

Let me get this straight: so, because what I tell you I understand about God doesn’t fit into your “concept of god”, you suggest that I should rethink what I ‘believe’? You think I should deny/discard/reinterpret my own experiences with the Divine in order to submit to your dogma, and its inability to stretch to encompass the whole truth as it can’t make room for what I tell you I know? Do you realize how arrogant you sound? I guess I now know how someone who doesn’t take God seriously feels when he/she hears a believer tell him/her he/she is going to Hell, x2 though. :) Don’t worry however, I am not offended. I am shaking my head, and smiling!!! :)

Also, I still don’t agree with your definition of religion, and I never will. Faith, whether it is in “concepts” or objects, is not religion in and of itself. I have faith that the Skunk Ape, both as a concept and as an object, doesn’t live anywhere near me in NE Minneapolis. If I were to be religious about this faith of mine, how exactly would I express it? Would I pray to this nonentity, and ask it for advice? Would I celebrate its nonexistence by going to its church every Sunday at 10:00 AM, located in the back corner of the McDonald’s at University and Broadway, and talk with other like-minded nonbelievers about how it doesn’t exist? Would I pass out tracts to assist my proselytization about how it’s a myth?

A religion requires some kind of spiritual or mystical reverence/devotion, separating it from mere faith in whatever truth/idea. Since atheists reject spirituality and mysticism, they cannot be religious, for there is nothing for them to be so reverent about in the first place. Atheists are not religious; they are irreligious by nature.

Oops, I have to correct myself, in the name of precision and completeness. I forgot-atheists actually can be religious! In the way that some people religiously brush their teeth before they go to bed every night. I imagine some atheists are so religious, they promise themselves and fellow disbelievers to tell at least one Christian a day that his/her heart is cold, his/her mind is closed, that he/she believes in a bunch of fairy tales written about some invisible old man in the sky, and that if Hell really does exist, Christians will be the ones ending up there, not atheists…

…um, I’m pretty sure that’s the definition I already asserted:

Atheism is the assertion that there is no god.

Agnosticism makes no such assertion, only that they do not believe in god.
The latter is a nonbeliever, and the former is a disbeliever. I’m not sure where you got confused as to my description.

The confusion came in because I wasn’t properly focused on what you said when I was analyzing it before. I apologize for that.

No one has proven what created the universe, nor proven what the reason for our existence is, or if there is even a reason at all. No one has proven the age of the earth. These and other things are question that are answered by science with estimates and guesses based on comparably miniscule models, and are answered by religious folk by citing a book written by human beings. They’re both unconfirmed (and probably cannot be confirmed.).

Not only do I dispute the point you are trying to make there, you caused my eyes to glaze over as I was reading i.e. you are a pontificating dogmatist who doesn’t notice his audience’s reaction. You seem completely unaware that someone might reject what you say on its face. You imagine how an atheist feels when someone tries to argue God existence by using the Bible as proof of God’s existence? That is exactly how you leave me feeling-like, what exactly do you think you are accomplishing here? In other words, you aren’t talking with me, you are speaking at me. You should ask yourself why you aren’t a better conversationalist.

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 9:04 AM

Hi, right4life. Yes, calling somebody “trash” is a poor testimony for Christ.

so would swine be better?

when somebody threatens me, then there is no more ‘witnessing’. that crosses the line.

I notice none of you ‘good christians’ are upset that someone threatens me…glad you’re not watching my back…

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on December 21, 2008 at 10:57 PM

you know I’m really sick of you holier than thou types.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:15 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on December 21, 2008 at 11:13 PM

ever read where the Lord hardens whom He will and has mercy on whom He will???

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:16 AM

Exactly. You consider this real life. Sane people, people with lives, do not.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 9:13 PM

sane people, with real lives, don’t issue threats on a messageboard.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:17 AM

Not upset at all, since indeed I don’t believe in Bronze Age mythology.

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 5:38 AM

obviously you are. thats what I find so interesting about you atheists…you don’t believe in hell, but you react very unpleasantly when anyone mentions it…

do you really want to know what I think of your posts?

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:30 AM

apacalyps on December 22, 2008 at 1:26 AM

thank you! may the Lord bless you too, at this holiday season…

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:32 AM

do you really want to know what I think of your posts?

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Am I reacting unpleasantly? I don’t think so.

Certainly, let me know what you think of my posts.

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Certainly, let me know what you think of my posts.

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 9:40 AM

Professing themselves to be wise they became fools….

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Professing themselves to be wise they became fools….

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:42 AM

That’s it?

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 9:46 AM

That’s it?

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 9:46 AM

you expecting the gettysburg address? or a castro-like soliloquy?

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:54 AM

sane people, with real lives, don’t issue threats on a messageboard.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:17 AM

That’s why we haven’t. You, on the other hand, have promoted a real-life meeting. Might happen between BadgerHawk and myself, or even stevegg. That would make the number of people I would have actually met off this board two greater than the number of real-life friends you have.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 9:54 AM

you know I’m really sick of you holier than thou types.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:15 AM

…says the guy insulting everyone who doesn’t agree with his view of Christianity.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 9:55 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 9:04 AM

I’m not here to entertain you. If you were confused about that point, get the hell over yourself.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 9:57 AM

I believe in God and Jesus Christ but i would never force my thoughts and beliefs on others. I would show thru my actions the love of Christ, my words would express my belief in God and my teachings would instruct my children towards a simular belief. The world has so many people that think only about “me”‘isam… Others in need pass by unloved, unknown… At this time of year, and really ALL year, I wish we all had more love and compasion for others. Call it being of God like virtue or having the spirit of Christ in our hearts, just CARE… make an effort to SERVE someone other then yourself…

Maybe you do not believe, but that’s ok, do you care for others? Then maybe you believe more than you think. maybe being a “good” person is your way… is your God…

We will never all agree on is there a God or Heaven or Hell, but maybe at this most holy time we can agree to care for others, feed a homeless person, help a sick child, give a home to a hungry dog or cat, give a blanket to a street person, drop a dollar in the Salvation Army kettle at the Wal-Mart, volunteer to take a elderly person to a Doctors visit, make a phone call to a shut-in, help a neighbor, call up an old friend, say THANK YOU to someone, smile at a stranger, hold open a door for a Lady…

Maybe we here at HotAir could call a name calling truce till January 2nd, maybe we could just agree to disagree about religion and God, but maybe we could just bring the Holiday into our hearts, maybe, maybe… just this once.

Mark Garnett on December 22, 2008 at 9:58 AM

you expecting the gettysburg address? or a castro-like soliloquy?

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:54 AM

I thought you’d have something useful, or at least original and/or interesting. Your offer sounded like you might and got my hopes up.

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 9:58 AM

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 9:54 AM

you’re a liar.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:00 AM

you know I’m really sick of you holier than thou types.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:15 AM

lol

How does saying that you are extremely immature makes me a holier-than-thou type? Did I state something untrue? Love is patient and kind. Where have you exhibited either of those qualities here? Aren’t Christians supposed to correct their brothers and sisters when they see them acting un-Christian? Or would you prefer to have me sit by and watch you act aggressively and disrespectfully like you’re Saul before he became Paul, and say nothing about it?

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 10:00 AM

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 9:58 AM

I hope you will be able to recover from the terrible disapointment!! if you must end your life because of the disapointment, please do so in a dignified manner!

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:02 AM

you’re a liar.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:00 AM

Heh.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 10:00 AM

oh perhaps expressing a bit of disapproval at the person who threatened me would be a bit of a change…but I don’t expect it from people like you.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:03 AM

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:02 AM

You’re now suggesting people kill themselves?

Very “Christian” of you.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:04 AM

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:02 AM

12 or 13?

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Mark Garnett on December 22, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Never mind…

Mark Garnett on December 22, 2008 at 10:09 AM

I can lend you some assistance, though. You need a good boot in your mudhole, and I’d be happy to oblige.

I’ll make sure not to hit the teeth.

BKennedy on December 12, 2008 at 10:05 AM

link

Pelayo on December 20, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Meanwhile, I advertise where I’m located. Come on up. Or down, as it wouldn’t surprise me to discover you’re Canadian.

MadisonConservative on December 12, 2008 at 11:00 AM

heh liar madisonwacko.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:10 AM

ever read where the Lord hardens whom He will and has mercy on whom He will???

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 9:16 AM

That response didn’t really address what I asked. I ask you, what do you believe Jesus meant when He said, “love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you”?

Also, you never did answer me when I asked you if you were a Catholic. So, I ask again-are you?

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 10:10 AM

You’re now suggesting people kill themselves?

Very “Christian” of you.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:04 AM

you’d be doing the world a favor!

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Mark Garnett on December 22, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Mark, a happy and peaceful Christmas for you and yours.

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 10:10 AM

you’re obviously much too holy for me to respond to.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM

Thanks, I’m going to “try” hard to put my hopes into practice by not poking MadisonConservative till after Jan 2nd., then all bets are off again… ROFL!

Mark Garnett on December 22, 2008 at 10:13 AM

heh liar madisonwacko.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:10 AM

You said you wanted face-to-face. I pointed out that you know where to find me. Sorry that you need the obvious spelled out for you.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:16 AM

you’d be doing the world a favor!

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:11 AM

So, you’re a foul-mouthed, insulted, racist, fundamentalist guy who encourages others to kill themselves.

…and you just keep on going.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Never mind…

Mark Garnett on December 22, 2008 at 10:09 AM

Remember Mark, some of us have our fun on this little microcosm of faux reality, and then go out and stuff bills into the bell-ringer’s pan or dump bags of groceries in the donations section at the store. Your sentiment is not unheeded. ;)

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:18 AM

…and you just keep on going.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:16 AM

I almost hope there is a hell just so I can see the shock on his face when he arrives. I’ll know why I’m there, but right4life will still be confused.

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 10:22 AM

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 10:22 AM

Same here. Nothing like being on the highway to hell, driving a Countach, knowing your destination, while seeing the moron in the Geo Metro trying to watch the road and a map while on his cell phone get more and more pissed.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:26 AM

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:16 AM

read the thread moron. you wanted to meet me, before I gave a location.

you are a lying piece of trash. laughable.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:26 AM

When you are threatened the way you were, what do you believe is the right way to handle it? Giving is good as you get? Or do you think God might have something else in mind?

1) you have an obvious anger problem
2) I didn’t notice you were threatened when it first happened
3) you jump to conclusions too quickly
4) if someone makes a physical threat here, s/he should be reported for doing so

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 10:26 AM

you’re obviously much too holy for me to respond to.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:12 AM

As I read and ponder right4life’s and apacalyps’ comments, I am reminded of something that happened in my own life.

When I was a senior in high school I quit my church (and ALL churches for that matter) because of the actions of a bunch of self-important, self-righteous members (I don’t dare call them Christians) who couldn’t stand people not looking, acting and believing in lock-step with them (and, of course, admitting that they were not as worthy or holy as these self-important self-righteous a$$es).

It took me ten years away from organized religion to learn that church and religion is NOT about the jerk but about a relationship with God.

I feel blessed, though, that those people from my old church were not a PERMANENT stumbling block for me.

So, to right4life and apacalyps I ask – are your words helpful or hurtful? Are you defending Christ or defending yourselves? Are you building pathways to the Lord or putting stumbling blocks in front of people?

Religious_Zealot on December 22, 2008 at 10:27 AM

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:26 AM

in fact I wasn’t even talking to you…rather to bkennedy..then you jumped in…wanting me to come up…was it for a fight, or a romantic liaison??

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Religious_Zealot on December 22, 2008 at 10:27 AM

I usually don’t respond to mc…but I decided to prove him a liar, again.

most of these atheists have rejected the Lord, and there is nothing I can say, or do that would change that.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:33 AM

1) you have an obvious anger problem
2) I didn’t notice you were threatened when it first happened
3) you jump to conclusions too quickly

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 10:26 AM

1) I’m actually much calmer than I was when I was younger…you’d be surprised!

3) there are no ‘conclusions’ to jump to..its rather obvious.

4) allahpundit closed comments on that thread I posted a link to, mc obviously wasn’t banned, and I don’t think bkennedy was…but of course if I said the same thing I would no doubt be banned.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:35 AM

in fact I wasn’t even talking to you…

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Too bad this isn’t a private conversation.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:35 AM

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:35 AM

Confused on basic numbers.

I’m guessing it’s 9 years old.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:36 AM

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:18 AM

Works for me… :)

This is a thread I gotta stay out of… I’m not a Bible-Thumper, but I do believe in God and I sure know where I want to go when this life is over and I try to “live it”, not spout it. Do I want and wish “others” would believe, you bet. But people must come to thier own “experience” of that instant when the Lord touches your heart and you “know it” instantly. My preaching and yelling or name calling isn’t bringing anyone to Christ, but maybe when they drop that coat off at the shelter, or drop the dollar to the homeless man on the street, or see the face of a sick child in the Hospital where they volunteer, or hear a Christmas song on the radio… maybe “it” will happen for you and others. So have fun guys… Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays!

Mark Garnett on December 22, 2008 at 10:37 AM

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:33 AM

1) Have you ever thought that it isn’t in God’s plan for YOU to be the one who brings them to Christ?

2) Have you ever thought that, maybe, the best thing you COULD do to bring them to Christ was to keep quiet? Or, at least, be a bit less angry and abrasive?

Religious_Zealot on December 22, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Too bad this isn’t a private conversation.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:35 AM

and then you would issue more threats??

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:38 AM

if I said the same thing I would no doubt be banned.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:35 AM

You’ve said exactly that kind of thing and far worse. You’ve said people should kill themselves. You’ve gone to extents normal, intelligent people never need to touch.

Yet you’re still here. By the grace of Allah(Pundit).

Because you’re our toy.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:39 AM

and then you would issue more threats??

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:38 AM

Haven’t issued any.

Although, you would introduce lines regarding what I would or wouldn’t say to your face. You know, the part you omitted when claiming I talked about getting face-to-face.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM

Yet you’re still here. By the grace of Allah(Pundit).

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:39 AM

the comment to DarkCurrent was obviously hyperbole, as anyone with any sense would know. try english 101…but you are a blight upon the planet.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:45 AM

Haven’t issued any.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:42 AM

didn’t omit anything liar. I gave you a location to meet me at, since you’re soooo hot to see me…but you punked out…did you enjoy getting punked out, as much as I enjoyed punking you out??

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:46 AM

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:46 AM

As I said, I don’t get fights off the internet. Neither do you, and that’s the only reason you’ve managed to keep your attitude as long as you have.

the comment to DarkCurrent was obviously hyperbole

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:45 AM

No, it wasn’t.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:50 AM

yes because you’re all talk…like you know all about me….sure. *smirk*

No, it wasn’t.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:50 AM

again, you’re a proven liar many times over. I’m not wasting any more time on you.

why don’t you mind your own business from now on?

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:54 AM

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 10:50 AM

This little one’s not worth the effort. Now come, let me get you something.

Religious_Zealot on December 22, 2008 at 10:56 AM

I was referring to apacalyps. I’m still waiting for you to show me where I’ve admitted doing that in real life. You do understand the concept of metaphors, and how often we create imaginary events to use in them?

For example, say I said talking to you was like talking to a brick wall. Do you believe I’ve actually gone up to a brick wall and started talking to it?

When I pointed out you were treating apacalyps like a dog, I was referring to how you were doing so in this very thread, not offline. You point out that you were doing so metaphorically, but that doesn’t alter the fact that you actually were treating him as an inferior, which was my whole point.

Again, if you’re going to try to score cheap shots by claiming me to be some sort of horrible person and therefore unfit to discuss morality or theology, please, grow up and get some integrity. If you’re not going to keep trying that childish ploy, then we can continue.

MadisonConservative on December 21, 2008 at 12:59 AM

I never thought nor implied that you were unfit to discuss whatever topic you wanted to. You’ve inferred what have you have about me all by yourself without any help from me. I merely asked you what your treatment of apacalyps here said about your character, nothing more. Consider me a Rorschach test. It’s clear you have a persecution complex, and you are rudely overreacting because of it. Chill out, dude.

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 11:02 AM

This little one’s not worth the effort. Now come, let me get you something.

Religious_Zealot on December 22, 2008 at 10:56 AM

If he could be turned, he could be a powerful ally.

Wait…no, not really.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 11:08 AM

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 10:45 AM

More lame than hyperbole. I wasn’t offended, but I’m still wondering, 12 or 13?

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Thanks for reposting this. I’d missed this exchange the first time and it’s a masterpiece!

DarkCurrent on December 20, 2008 at 12:43 PM

I missed this message. Thank you. But, really, I take no pleasure in bringing it up. It pains me to have to do it. And I’ve only done it here in defence of myself as I was being wrongly accused of lying.

apacalyps on December 21, 2008 at 4:26 AM

I want to know, do you understand what a hyperliteralist you are coming off as? Either you are the greatest straight man (or woman?) I have ever seen, or you don’t grasp irony very well. Which is it? I want to know!!!

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Yes, because he has been, for some time, calling me a liar and accusing me of something I haven’t done. He persists in bringing this up when we talk, and harassing myself and another poster about this. Until he ceases in his horrendous bout of arrogance, and apologizes for the insults and smearing he’s continually heaped on us, I’ll treat him as no better than something which craps on the carpet.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 11:10 AM

For clarity’s sake, I want to point out that my last post was meant for apacalyps, not DarkCurrent.

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 11:02 AM

I apologize. I re-read the post in question, and I took it to mean you were referring to a literal treatment of a dog “beneath me”, and therefore assuming I was being serious.

MadisonConservative on December 22, 2008 at 11:14 AM

More lame than hyperbole. I wasn’t offended, but I’m still wondering, 12 or 13?

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 11:09 AM

I’m still wondering tin-foil or voices?

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Bizarro No. 1 on December 22, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Thanks for the clarification, I was confused. It seemed like it was for apacalyps, but when you mentioned “the greatest straight man” I thought it might be intended for me.

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 11:18 AM

I’m still wondering tin-foil or voices?

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 11:14 AM

12 then?

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 11:21 AM

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 11:21 AM

both obviously.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 11:27 AM

both obviously.

right4life on December 22, 2008 at 11:27 AM

No, just the tin-foil these days. It keeps the voices out if you pull it down snug. I recommend it.

DarkCurrent on December 22, 2008 at 11:30 AM