Video: Abdul the Reluctant Martyr

posted at 4:35 pm on December 17, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

I played this on yesterday’s show and got a couple of requests for links, so here’s my palate cleanser for today. It’s intended as a spoof of sit-coms in the age of global terrorism, and the lyrics are as hilarious as the animation:

Originally, I wanted to find a copy of a short called Snowie and the Seven Dorps: A Passive-Aggressive Fairy Tale, which I had seen years ago. A little research brought me to Buzzco, which produced this as well as Snowie, but unfortunately all Buzzco provides of Snowie is a 15-second clip.  They have plenty of other clips to keep people amused for hours, as well as some industrial productions that are pretty clever.

Watch for the end of the clip, when Buzzco parodies a much-beloved sitcom theme song.  They owe me a new laptop screen.

Comments

Watched the clip.

I am now going to burn down a KFC and toss a grenade into the nearest Hebrew temple.

Bishop on December 17, 2008 at 4:40 PM

That was totally RAAAAAAaaaaaaacist!

Tony737 on December 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM

That was totally RAAAAAAaaaaaaacist!
Tony737 on December 17, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Since the word “schmuck” was used, the producers covered themselves from bigoted accusations.

Bishop on December 17, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Sweetness.

Anna on December 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM

I think NBC will have it on Friday nights at 8:00, followed by Adventures of Achmed, the Dead Terrorist, then at 9:00 Who Wants to be in a Million Pieces?, at 9:30 we get Are You Smarter than a 7th Century Jihadi? and at 10:00 we’re treated to Beheadings and the City.

Consult your local fatwas.

darkpixel on December 17, 2008 at 5:00 PM

It is a pretty funny clip. It will be interesting to see how the mostly intolerant crowd here yucks it up over this since it’s just a bunch of Arabs.

grdred944 on December 17, 2008 at 5:00 PM

When do we get to see Alfah, the story of a Muslim fundamentalist who crash lands in the garage of a suburban family, and loves to behead cats?

MadisonConservative on December 17, 2008 at 5:17 PM

I am a believer in the marketplace of ideas and this video is offensive yet brilliant. I often wondered why nobody has thought of creating/publishing a cartoon with Muhammad being sodomized by Osama bin Laden. That cartoon, I think, would simply summarize the Al Qaeda mindset perfectly…

sayabule1 on December 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM

I give it a rating of four pork rinds in Muhammad’s arse out of a possible five as it’s not in Arabic with subtitles.

SDSquint on December 17, 2008 at 6:11 PM

I’m going to find some mullah in Egypt to email this to so there can be some fun riots over there. It makes for good TV.

eea on December 17, 2008 at 9:56 PM

After a bit of thought about why I laughed at this when usually my racist detector is always goin’ off, I think the reason this is funny and right is because it’s about terrorists. It’s not about Muslims.

To paraphrase a brilliant little aside by PJ O’Rourke in Enemies List,

in the US, mocking terrorists’ sense of self importance should be considered sport. Play ball!

inviolet on December 17, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Uh, that should be bigotry detector, obviously. Muslim isn’t a race.

inviolet on December 17, 2008 at 11:04 PM

brilliant, simply brilliant.

skydaddy on December 17, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Fahtwa issued.

And since when has the virgin index climbed to 77? FAKE!!!!!!

Shy Guy on December 18, 2008 at 12:25 AM

You got that right.

jgapinoy on December 18, 2008 at 8:38 AM

Great clip. Sounds like That Girl.

Coronagold on December 18, 2008 at 12:45 PM