Video: Second Indiana Planned Parenthood clinic violates the law

posted at 10:25 am on December 16, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday, the Indiana Attorney General announced a criminal investigation into a Planned Parenthood clinic that got exposed in attempting to thwart child-abuse notification laws.  Today, the AG may have another clinic to investigate, as Lila Rose publishes another of her Mona Lisa Project undercover videos showing how Planned Parenthood workers actively advise children how to avoid state laws on parental notification:

The first time could just be a rogue employee, but this second incident in the same month suggests a pattern of responses from Planned Parenthood. The faces change, but the dialogue remains almost exactly the same. “I don’t want to know the age,” comes the immediate response. Even the hand gestures mimic the previous video. Once again, the abortion counselor gives a helpful geography lesson to a putative 13-year-old girl, suggesting that the child drag herself over state lines to get the abortion rather than follow the law and report the incident to the police.

How many people do you know that would advise a 13-year-old boy or girl to travel without parents or guardians across state lines for any purpose, let alone an invasive medical procedure? Planned Parenthood apparently sees nothing wrong with that. Lila Rose got that advice at least twice in her undercover work.

Planned Parenthood receives over $300 million a year in taxpayer subsidies. It’s a non-profit, but they made $100 million in surplus last year, thanks to those subsidies and apparently a hard-sell attitude on abortions, one of their primary revenue channels. It’s long past time to end the taxpayer subsidies to Planned Parenthood and to start a close review of their actions in obstructing justice. Lila Rose may play at being a 13-year-old, but how many actual 13-year-olds came before her to these clinics, abused and exploited, while PP did nothing and said nothing?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ed – It is excellent that you are shining the light on these people. Keep it up. The MSM won’t ever tell us about this. Please don’t ever stop covering this story!

Absolutely amazing undercover work by Lila Rose.

DPierre on December 16, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Death sells.

Bishop on December 16, 2008 at 10:31 AM

I agree with DPierre. THERE IS NO REASON why we should be paying for this and it should have been abolished under Bush, frankly. this is disgusting.

Mommypundit on December 16, 2008 at 10:31 AM

“How many people do you know that would advise a 13-year-old boy or girl to travel without parents or guardians across state lines for any purpose, let alone an invasive medical procedure?”

I don’t know any lunatics or sociopaths, so I would say zero.

Why is it that a school nurse can’t dispense an aspirin to a 13 year old without parental consent, yet Planned Parenthood is able to eviscerate 13 year olds without their parent’s consent and they make a good profit doing so?

Planned Parenthood – Profitable Death Camps Conveniently Located

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 10:37 AM

I HOPE everyone realizes that PE-BHO will do nothing to CHANGE this. Fifty-Two percent of the voters were either just too lazy to learn of these kinds of things or just do not care.

Yoop on December 16, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Planned Parenthood enables creeps who are in their 20s and can’t get a date to prey on children, impregnate them and “make it go away.”

perroviejo on December 16, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Old dry crones dealing in death. It’s almost a vengeful attitude against young girls. No desire to lead them to any sort of mental health or righteous restitution. Just death and money.

Joan of Argghh on December 16, 2008 at 10:49 AM

As pointed out, even the hand gestures are the same…almost (excuse me while I put on my tinfoil hat) like they have been coached…it is eerie.
These people are completely detached from reality…like they live in another world.
What do you bet they break down in tears after seeing themselves. It is like they are schooled in “detachment”. Very disturbing.

right2bright on December 16, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Madam Sanger wanted to rid this country of children of mud races like the Italians, so I am sure she would approve whereever she is (which is hell)

Mr. Joe on December 16, 2008 at 10:53 AM

You can see in the way both of these counselors react that they have been carefully trained. The similar hand gestures, the the similar emphatic responses, and the similar attempt to divert the underage girl from revealing the information in the first place all demonstrate that these counselors have received the same coaching. They probably have handbooks, videos and do role-playing scenarios in order to get the proper responses drilled into their employees, with a great deal of success.

This means, of course, that the conspiracy to violate the reporting law goes right to the top. If Lila Rose has another one of these tapes in the can, it will be Katie-Bar-the-Door.

gridlock2 on December 16, 2008 at 10:55 AM

gridlock2 on December 16, 2008 at 10:55 AM

One person rolls over and can you say “RICO ACT”?

right2bright on December 16, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Gee, an organization founced by an avowed eugenicist and Nazi sympathizer committing atrocities to this very day?

I am shocked, shocked to find villainy in this establishment.

These people are truly sick. I am so glad I managed to kick them off campus that one time. (Well, they just didn’t come back next year, or years since, I think.)

BKennedy on December 16, 2008 at 11:04 AM

………. it’s all about money.

Seven Percent Solution on December 16, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Looks like Planned Parenthood is nothing less than a criminal enterprise that flouts the law for profit, non-profit though it is. Why doesn’t some enterprising lawyer go after it with a civil RICO claim, anyway?

Cicero43 on December 16, 2008 at 11:08 AM

BKennedy on December 16, 2008 at 11:04 AM

Give the full story man.

Darth Executor on December 16, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Mommypundit on December 16, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Didn’t Roe vs Wade make it a constitutional right and thus Bush HAS to pay for it until it’s overturned?

Darth Executor on December 16, 2008 at 11:12 AM

A disgusting organization that should be investigated and all federal funding should stop. Neither of which will happen.

echosyst on December 16, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Let’s keep on top of this story. If these are not isolated incidents, and if PP is advising their staff to in turn advise underage girls this stuff….our taxes definitely need to stop funding them.

latinchic on December 16, 2008 at 11:20 AM

Imagine all the raping perverts going scott free. Ugh!

latinchic on December 16, 2008 at 11:21 AM

I wonder what the Freedom of Choice Act will mean to these investigations.

gabriel sutherland on December 16, 2008 at 11:22 AM

What is needed is a class-action lawsuit by the parents of teenage girls, against Planned-Parenthood.

Take them down economically, so they won’t have enough money to buy a condom out of a gas station restroom.

Sue them into oblivion.

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 11:26 AM

“Imagine all the raping perverts going scot free.”

How exactly is Barney Frank mixed up in this?

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Darth Executor on December 16, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Roe v Wade only placed limits on the power of individual states to regulate abortion. Just because abortion is a contitutionally-protected right doesn’t mean the government has top pay for it.

If you don’t believe me, try getting Uncle Sam to buy you a new rifle.

Cicero43 on December 16, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Cicero43 on December 16, 2008 at 11:29 AM

Sorry, I was under the impression roe vs wade explicitly requires the government to make it easily accessible, which would be different from the right to bear rights, which does not.

Darth Executor on December 16, 2008 at 11:39 AM

What really angers me is the fact that situations like this are the very reason why we have Parental Consent Laws. We have them so that young girls are not abused by older men who conceal statutory rape by paying for abortions without ever having to inform the girl’s parents or guardian. And whenever this issue goes on the ballot in California, the left somehow is able to convince the public that Parental Consent Laws will protect the abuser instead of the other way around! Lila Rose’s undercover videos need to be the rallying cry and campaign commercials for all future efforts in California and elsewhere to pass Parental Notification Laws.

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Obama has promised that a law banning all abortion restrictions, including these laws that restrict underage abortions.

MarkTheGreat on December 16, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Give the full story man.

Darth Executor on December 16, 2008 at 11:11 AM

I’ve given it before in passing. MadisonConservative knows.

The gist of it was that our college campus happens to have a university-funded Women’s Center run by some feminist kook. I had lambasted it on the principle of the thing several times in columns, but some of their stuff was less egregious than others.

Needless to say though, I can’t stomache Planned Parenthood, so when I looked on their calender and saw the event, I prepared an exposition entitled “The Official Threat to Reproductive Rights.” I dressed up in my suit and went to the event, taking the literature and whatever, and respectfully waited for the Q&A session. Then I stood up and started reading a bit of the script. There was some back and forth, I brought up the Lacey Peterson case (it was relatively fresh news at the time), got a non-commital response, and some conjecture I wanted a “pure girl” for my wedding day or some nonsense.

Well anyway, presumably as a result of the hubbub of one person protesting Planned Parenthood, they didn’t bother to show up the next year. Don’t know whether that was coincidence or not, but I felt better not seeing them around for the tackily named “Women’s Herstory Month” in March.

I’ve since graduated and haven’t kept tabs, but I don’t think Planned Parenthood came back. I hope it stays that way.

BKennedy on December 16, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Why don’t kids have a right to a zone of privacy? Are parents going to be legally obligated to pay for the care of these kids? Are they going to be legally obligated to ensure they are adopted and not sent into an orphanage? If not they need to start handing out birth control to their daughters/sons or but the heck out. Why should we pretend that kids are not going to have sex. Nothing. I repeat NOTHING can stop people from getting it on, let alone teens. You can lock your kids into the attic until they turn 18. You can take them to amish country. Or you can suck it up and hand out the birth control. Sheesh, get over it.

DeathToMediaHacks on December 16, 2008 at 12:01 PM

I know this will bring flamage, BUT I can sympathize with the workers here. They really just want this girl to get out of her predicament where she is a very scared victim. A 13 year old should not have a baby, period. They aren’t interested in punishing the father right now, although I’m sure they would like too very much. They want to solve her problem which is her being pregnant at 13. They see the alternative as them being responsible for this girl being abused by the legal system, likely her family from what she said, and then being forced to give birth to a fatherless child. This is not a great scenario for her either. Her problem right now is that she is already pregnant. Calling the cops may be justice for everyone, but she will be punished the most. That’s a tough position for these workers to be in. There is no nice way out of this, so I have less anger toward those who are forced to make the decision for us. Are you really comfortable saying to this young scared child: Listen, you’re are gonna betray your boyfriend, tell the cops all the personal embarrassing details, you parents are gonna know all your secrets, and then you’re gonna take this baby to term and give birth at 13, then struggle for the rest of your life, or give your child up for adoption. I personally would not jump at the chance to do that to a 13 year old child even if it is the law.

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Yoop on December 16, 2008 at 10:47 AM

Actually it’s 53% of the voters plus the other 1% Independents who usually side with the doctors and patients. So, really it’s 54% (the majority) who think you should shut up about other peoples business. The girl doesn’t want to be PUNISHED with a baby, let’s get her up on the table stat!

dk on December 16, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Fixed it for you, Ed: “It’s long past time to end the taxpayer subsidies to churches like the Catholic church and to start a close review of their actions in obstructing justice.”

jim m on December 16, 2008 at 12:09 PM

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Yeah, “protect” children by enabling child raping scumbags.

Good job.

Please, it’s pitting the rights of the rightful guardians of the child, her parents, against the priviledge of a child rapist to walk away free. Advising children to cross state lines with the pedophile who impregnanted them.

Gee, I guess you don’t think a rape AND murder could result from that innocent drive.

“Don’t tell me the age! We can’t be prosecuting statuatory rape now, ya hear!”

BKennedy on December 16, 2008 at 12:12 PM

DeathToMediaHacks -

I really think you are missing what is going on here. The point is for parents to be INFORMED. The girl may still get an abortion. If she chooses not to, all of the obligations you fear would still exist whether the parents are informed or not. And you ignore the statutory rape issue.

The issue is not birth control. It’s too late for that. Besides, teens are not the most responsible people, and birth control does not always work even if it is used correctly. No – the issue is a pregnant child.

Amphipolis on December 16, 2008 at 12:13 PM

dk on December 16, 2008 at 12:08 PM

And you don’t want child rapists to be PUNISHED with prison time, which is what they deserve.

All in the name of a pregant teenager’s right to be driven across state lines by a pedophile to kill her child and remove the evidence.

Good job.

BKennedy on December 16, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Nothing. I repeat NOTHING can stop people from getting it on, let alone teens.

DeathToMediaHacks on December 16, 2008 at 12:01 PM

As a former teenager I can assure you that proper education and discipline can. Unfortunately, way too many people are concerned exclusively with their rights and never with their responsibilities.

Darth Executor on December 16, 2008 at 12:17 PM

Face it. With the advent of abortion, rape is just not considered a serious crime any more.

The Supreme Court struck down capital punishment for rape in 1977.

Amphipolis on December 16, 2008 at 12:17 PM

dk on December 16, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Actually you’ll find that a plurality (moderates) don’t give a damn either way. Just because people have an opinion on an issue doesn’t mean the issue is particularly important to them.

Darth Executor on December 16, 2008 at 12:18 PM

…They aren’t interested in punishing the father right now, although I’m sure they would like too very much….
bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 12:02 PM

How do you know that? What a strange remark.

There is no nice way out of this

That is why it is taken out of the hands of people, and it is a law, you don’t have to make a decision, it is already made for you…you just say, “I am sorry I have to report this, it is the law”. There is no “choice”…it is the law designed to protect, not punish.
Do you think having a 13 year old go through an abortion without any support is caring for her, or punishment…

this girl being abused by the legal system

The legal system is set up to ensure that girls don’t get raped…man, you don’t have much regards for women do you?
A 31 year old and a 13 year old, maybe your point is somewhat valid (though weak) if the guy was 18 or 19, but she picked an age that should be a red flag…13 and 31.
And yes, kids at 13 need to know that their are actual real ramifications from bad decisions…as difficult as it is for you to conceive of this, responsibility sometimes is thrust upon you and no matter the age, you have to take on that responsibility.
Sorry to offend, but it thinking like this that allows young girls to be taken advantage of.

right2bright on December 16, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Strange. I didn’t have sex until I was 22 (and trust me, did I ever have oppirtunities to have sex in highschool). Also strange that you should say that since my wife was a viring (in every way, that means no oral either) until after we got married. Oh yeah, and we lived together for a year and a half before we got married. Oh, and most of my friends, many who aren’t christians, didn’t have sex until after highschool.

But then I guess since kids will have sex no matter what, I guess it’s alright for me to annnounce that DEATHTOMEDIAHACK THINKS IT’S PERFECTLY FINE FOR ANY OF YOU TO HAVE SEX WITH HIS DAUGHTER(S) IF HE HAS ANY!!!

DethMetalCookieMonst on December 16, 2008 at 12:31 PM

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 12:02 PM

If you want a good look at Planned Parenthood, start with this article from the Weekly Standard.

Here’s a little excerpt:

On August 1 in West Hartford, Connecticut, charges of criminal abduction were filed against a 41-year-old dog trainer named Adam Gault. For nearly a year, Gault had allegedly hidden a runaway girl, now 15, in the house he shared, Hugh Hefner-style, with two other girlfriends (ages 26 and 40 and also charged with crimes arising from the incident). He had gotten the teenager pregnant and procured an abortion for her on May 1 at a Planned Parenthood clinic in West Hartford. About a month later, police discovered the 15-year-old, whose mother had been searching frantically for her since her disappearance from home in June 2006, locked in a storage space under a staircase at the residence of Gault, a onetime workplace acquaintance of the girl’s stepfather. A DNA test on the corpse of the fetus indicated that Gault was its father. It is not known what sort of identification the girl, too young for a driver’s license, presented the clinic’s administrators. She apparently wouldn’t name the father, and it is all but certain that no one at Planned Parenthood went out of their way to inquire into the circumstances that led to her pregnancy.

These allegations of egregious statutory rape involving a girl of 15 and a polyamorous middle-aged ne’er-do-well are of a piece with any number of incidents at Planned Parenthood clinics in which personnel have either looked the other way or stated their willingness to look the other way in the face of state laws requiring the reporting of suspected sexual abuse of minors under the age of 16. In one of those cases, the abuser, now serving a five-year prison sentence, was the victim’s own father, who had forced his daughter to share his bed and have sex with him starting at age 13; another, involving the same Planned Parenthood branch in Cincinnati, Ohio, also featured a 13-year-old, this one impregnated by her school soccer coach who accompanied her to the clinic and paid for the abortion with his credit card, while she showed the staff her junior high school ID card. Spokesmen for Planned Parenthood have insisted that such cases are flukes (or that the victims lied, relieving the clinics of responsibility), and that clinic staff are carefully trained to report all instances of suspected abuse.

Yeah, Planned Parenthood was just concerned about the poor girl. That’s why they never reported the girl’s abuser to the authorities. They left the abuser free to prey on other young girls. But don’t worry. Planned Parenthood will be there to provide abortions for a nice fee. The abuser’s secret is safe with them.

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 12:31 PM

jim m on December 16, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Tax exempt status is not the same as tax subsidies.

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 12:33 PM

And the California Nurses Association supported the “No to Parental Consent” vote. As an RN in that state, I was appalled.

To vote against the possibility of stopping a dangerous cycle of abuse goes against the basic tenets of community health nursing.

Union garbage.

keebs on December 16, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Did PP, or any other government subsidized charity, make ANY political contributions this year? If they, or any other group that takes taxpayer dollars, makes any kind of political contribution, it should be banned, since they are involving themselves in partisan politics. This should also include any company or corporation that received bail-out money…

“The first sign of corruption in a society that is still alive is that the end justifies the means.”
Georges Bernanos

DL13 on December 16, 2008 at 12:41 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on December 16, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Why bother making murder illegal. People are still going to kill each other, so why bother.

MarkTheGreat on December 16, 2008 at 12:43 PM

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 12:02 PM

So you honestly feel that each person should be allowed to determine on their own, which laws the wish to follow and which they don’t? Any law that fails to live up to an individuals sense of “justice” can be ignored?

MarkTheGreat on December 16, 2008 at 12:44 PM

keebs on December 16, 2008 at 12:38 PM

And what’s worse is that we were careful to word the California Parental Notification ballot measure so that it would even protect girls who were suspected to be victim’s of incest. They would be able to get an emergency court order waiving the parental notification law. It was totally designed to protect young girls, and still the Planned Parenthood mafia convinced people otherwise.

We won’t give up the fight. We’ll keep putting this out there until people understand. Lila Rose is a hero to the movement. I love that gal. God bless her. She makes me proud to be a Californian!

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 12:44 PM

…. I repeat NOTHING can stop people from getting it on…You can lock your kids into the attic until they turn 18. You can take them to amish country. Or you can suck it up and hand out the birth control. Sheesh, get over it.

DeathToMediaHacks on December 16, 2008 at 12:01 PM

This argument was shot down years ago by a wife on a talk show with a liberal on the other side.
She asked the liberal talk host, when her husband goes on a business trip, does she make sure he packs his condoms? The host was at a loss for words, of course not she had to sputter, well why not, he may do it anyway, and you do want to protect him don’t you?…if it is alright for your kids, then it is alright for your spouse?
Thus ends the lesson today…

right2bright on December 16, 2008 at 12:45 PM

Yeah, because there is such a shortage of couples wanting to adopt infants in this country.

Y-not on December 16, 2008 at 12:55 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on December 16, 2008 at 12:01 PM

You must have some pretty crappy relatives/family.

I don’t know of any of my relatives that would refuse to help out with raising their grandchildren.

dominigan on December 16, 2008 at 12:57 PM

I said yesterday that the Lila Rose case wasn’t an isolated incident, and *gasp*, I was right!

nickj116 on December 16, 2008 at 1:00 PM

ramrocks, tax exempt status is economically the same as tax subsidies.

And if the activities of two PP employees in Indiana amount to the obstruction of justice, then what do the activities of literally 100s of cardinals and high Catholic authorities in hiding child abuse constitute?

jim m on December 16, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Mother Theresa

DL13 on December 16, 2008 at 1:05 PM

jim m on December 16, 2008 at 1:00 PM

PP is a nonprofit organization, which means that, like churches, they have tax exempt status. Tax subsidies are above and beyond their tax exempt status. You could argue that Catholic hospitals that receive Medicare money are getting “subsidies” but the Catholic Church is not getting subsidies.

I am not defending any Catholic official who broke the law. Charge them and put them in jail if they broke the law. And do the same for any one else who broke the law.

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Didn’t it say in the video that these two events happened in the same day, not the same month?

UltimateBob on December 16, 2008 at 1:07 PM

I HOPE everyone realizes that PE-BHO will do nothing to CHANGE this.

Yes he will. In fact, he’s going to make it worse. He said to PP that his first order of business will be to sign the Freedom of Choice Act, which will eliminate all states’ rights when it comes to issues like parental notification and informed consent. Oh yeah, and it also allows women to get an abortion up to 25 weeks in their pregnancy.

Nice, eh?

nickj116 on December 16, 2008 at 1:09 PM

It’s as if PP thinks they may break the law simply because they disagree with it.

Sometimes I imagine that feminists are women who are incapable of having a relationship with a decent man. Thus they conclude that all men are creeps not unlike the hypothetical 31 year old child impregnator. So to them this behavior is not criminal seduction. It is business as usual.

Amphipolis on December 16, 2008 at 1:17 PM

Mother Theresa—“The greatest destroyer of peace is abortion because if a mother can kill her own child, what is left for me to kill you and you to kill me? There is nothing between.”

–God: Mother Theresa is dead.

jim m on December 16, 2008 at 1:22 PM

jim m on December 16, 2008 at 1:22 PM

jim, all I can say is that I hope I face death with my soul in the same state as Mother Theresa’s was.

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 1:30 PM

“Sometimes I imagine that feminists are women who are incapable of having a relationship with a decent man.”

Of course they are incapable of having a relationship with a decent man. Why would any decent man date a feminist?

Sure, I want some perpetually aggrieved, yearning to be offended, ill-educated, arrogant lunatic hanging around my house 24/7.

And if a man is stupid enough to have a child with a feminist, he can be reasonably sure that she will decide she needs to “find herself” and she’ll trek off to Tibet or Amsterdam, neglected child in tow, while parading a busload of potential pedophiles and drug dealers through her bedroom.

All on the father’s dime, who of course has no access to his child one the dingbat skips town, but must continue to pay child support.

Doesn’t help that most feminists have a face that would make a hyena yelp in fear. Smart men don’t date liberals.

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 1:30 PM

What a proud day for Hoosiers. Only because of taping laws are we seeing this…can you just imagine the scrambling going on in other states’ PPs as the roaches scurry. Dear God. I have a thirteen year old. You can’t imagine the brimstone I’d rain down on Janet if she gave this line to my daughter. This needs to be broadcast everywhere–thanks for posting it.

hoosiermama on December 16, 2008 at 1:40 PM

One has the personal constitutional right to own a gun, just like libs assert one has the constitutional right to an abortion. So would libs agree that it would be ok for a gun dealer to tell a thirteen year old to cross state lines to purchase a gun (exercising said constitutional right) if the state he/she was in had a more restrictive view than the neighboring state?

eaglewingz08 on December 16, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Perhaps you don’t realize this, but any councilor, doctor, nurse, social worker, teacher, etc. has a legal obligation to report rape of a child if they become aware of it. It is not a tough position for these workers to be in, if they have two brain cells to rub together then they know that it is in the best interest of the child that she be protected and removed from exposure to the pedophile. The incidents of pedophiles who kill their victims is unusually high because the social mores against child rape is even worse than for murder, thus a pedophile will surmise that it is better to kill their victim and be branded a murder than to risk eventual exposure as a pedophile (and in prison, even murderous inmates know that child rape is “wrong”, resulting in the pedophile being in constant danger of a nasty death).

Beyond what is their legal obligation, if the PP employees care for any child, they would report the incident immediately so that the social programs could get involved. Perhaps the father is the biological father of this girl and the girl needs to be removed from the home. No matter how difficult the pregnancy and child rearing/adoption/abortion might be for the girl, the rape/molestation will be far more damaging and be with her forever.

The worst kind of people are the ones that rather look the other way while this girl continues being exploited and raped by a viscous, inhuman, beast. You’d rather address the result of the crime than to actually confront the criminal himself, what a coward. If your 13 year old daughter were being raped by a 31 year old “man”, would your first instinct be, “Thank God there is an abortion clinic so we can clean this awful mess up so she doesn’t have to ruin/interrupt her life!” or would it be, “Oh my God, my little girl has been raped by that pervert and he’s ruined her life!”? More likely, you’d probably be a denier and try to just gloss over the ugly truth…how sad for your daughter.

Let me give you a direct analogy;

Your daughter has been kidnapped. During the kidnapping, your daughter has her eye cut out. Now, is your immediate plan to get a glass eye for your daughter so that she can lead a normal life, or do you actually plan to try and rescue her from her captors and then put them in jail so they are never a threat to her again? In your post, you claim that her, “…problem right now” is the missing eye, but in reality, it is that she has been kidnapped because her life is in greater danger than just the loss of an eye.

This kind of illogical thinking by libs explains a lot…

Geministorm on December 16, 2008 at 1:51 PM

dk on December 16, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Somehow I have always felt that if I’m paying for it I retain some right to make it fall within the realm of my business also.

Yoop on December 16, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Absolutely amazing undercover work by Lila Rose.

DPierre on December 16, 2008 at 10:29 AM

There is at least one good result of the MSM not reporting on this. Apparently, the Planned Parenthood offices have no idea that these stings are happening. I mean, wouldn’t a worker, with a modicum of intelligence, be just an itsy bitsy suspicious when a 13 year old shows up with a story similar to one already plastered all over the internet?

Apparently not. And, if they haven’t seen it on the MSM it would seem they operate in blissful ingorance, awaiting the next sting.

It’s a dark cloud that doesn’t have a silver lining.

Blaise on December 16, 2008 at 2:02 PM

According to Lila Rose, PP actually does know of her activities and have posted her likeness in offices for workers to on the lookout for her. But, these tapings in Indiana occurred around the same time and were only released later, so the PPs in Indiana probably didn’t even realize what was going on until the Mona Lisa project was released.

Geministorm on December 16, 2008 at 2:07 PM

I knew having any sympathy for the PP worker’s position would bring the anger, but it is surprising to me that people would find this so cut and dry and an easy decision. I would probably side with telling the authorities as well, but not accepting that it will put this girl though hell for better or worse is just knee jerk. Is it really imposable to see that some decisions are tough and can be damaging even when required by law. Laws are created by men not god, they can be less than perfect. Following the law does not let you off the hook for the damage it does if you have a choice. I would still probably call the cops, but it would not be easy, and I would regret her having to live with it. I don’t have the perfect answer, because there is not one after she gets pregnant. I have great respect for the law, but Washington, Jefferson, Hancock, Jesus all broke the law, Merry Christmas.

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 2:11 PM

Blaise on December 16, 2008 at 2:02 PM

You’re assuming that its a rare occurrence for a 13 year old to show up with that story. I think it happens all the time. I think they do this sort of thing all the time. They’ve been busted for this before. They just sweep it under the rug.

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 2:19 PM

“I knew having any sympathy for the PP worker’s position would bring the anger, but it is surprising to me that people would find this so cut and dry and an easy decision.”

This is as easy as looking both ways before crossing the street. This is a 13 year old we’re talking about.

“I would probably side with telling the authorities as well, but not accepting that it will put this girl though hell for better or worse is just knee jerk.”

And leaving her to her abuser and eviscerator will not? Please.

“I would regret her having to live with it.”

What, by informing people who actually care about her, vice a pedophile and an abortion profiteer?

If you can’t see the clear choice here than your moral compass has seriously gone south.

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 2:22 PM

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 2:11 PM

A 13 year old gets pregnant by a 31 year old and you don’t think that should be reported to the authorities? What are you thinking?

Do you vote Democrat? Because that would explain a lot.

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Not surprised at the second Planned Parent Hood. They are heartless creatures. And a young kid would consider these two women, friends? Not only is it wrong to suggest Abortion. I is wrong to mislead a child like that. The effects if this was a real 13 year old. Could impact her mental side for years.

sheebe on December 16, 2008 at 2:29 PM

“A 13 year old gets pregnant by a 31 year old and you don’t think that should be reported to the authorities?”

If a 31 year old got my 13 year old pregnant, I would report him – to the morgue.

As in, come over with the hearse, I have baggie full of remains for you to pick up.

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 2:30 PM

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 2:22 PM

About three years ago. A Pedophile worked at a Planned Parent Hood. You never know. And if these two women cared for that little girl. They would have done the Legal Procedures that they are held Accountable for.

sheebe on December 16, 2008 at 2:30 PM

“About three years ago. A Pedophile worked at a Planned Parent Hood.”

A perfect place for a pedophile to work.

Completely tolerant of deviant sexual behavior, no morals, no judgement, no ethics and no intelligence.

I have no doubt that Planned Parenthood is rife full of pedophiles, what would surprise me is if anyone who works for them would have a problem with pedophilia.

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 2:38 PM

The last democrat I voted for was Carter when I was 18. “What are you thinking?” I’m thinking about a 13 year old child that’s what. I said I would probably call the cops, but only to get him stopped, but that does not allow me to ignore the damage that will be done to the victim. Even though I agree with you on the best course of action here, apparently I’m required to do so with anger and carelessness to be valid. That’s my whole point. I guess I’m a little tired of anger replacing reason and respect on all sides.

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 2:42 PM

A perfect place for a pedophile to work.

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Agree on all points of yours. After I submitted a response to you. Forgot to put, Just my thoughts. Pedophiles need to be sent to a Island way way far!

sheebe on December 16, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Have to depart. Work! It snowed in Southern Ca. so, I am hoping that it might snow a tad here. After I get home from work though. :)

This article just boils my blood. It won’t get any better. We will be reading about more of this. All over the US.

sheebe on December 16, 2008 at 2:48 PM

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 2:42 PM

In this case (13 year old pregnant by a 31 year old “man”), there is nothing that’s going to make going forward easy. The damage has already been done.

So if she confides in adult, the choice going forward is easy. Make sure the authorities are informed and the 31 year old is jailed. That’s what is of primary importance. Because she’s not the only one he’s abusing, rest assured.

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 2:51 PM

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I never suggested that I wouldn’t be thinking of the child too. It is worse by far not to inform her parents. I would talk to her about that and listen to her. I’m sure she’s afraid to tell them, but I would explain to her that it is far worse to go on in secret. Abortion doesn’t magically make it all better.

Children often don’t want to do what is in their best interest. That’s why adults need to act for them. The reason why a 31 year old would target a 13 year is because they are easy to manipulate. A 13 year old is naturally going to defend the man who seduced or raped her. It’s called Stockholm Syndrome.

The situation caught on video is precisely the reason why we have Parental Notification Laws.

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 2:54 PM

right2bright at 12:45 PM
ramrocks at 2:23 PM
Excellent points. The left craves unrestricted license to bang the underage and snuff out the unborn — but my God, don’t let them suspect you of neglecting a pet!

Mark30339 on December 16, 2008 at 2:56 PM

but my God, don’t let them suspect you of neglecting a pet!

Mark30339 on December 16, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Exactly. I’m reminded of the lyrics from an 80s song:

“It’s okay to murder babies, but we really ought to save the whales.”

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Agreed, and that’s why I would turn him in. I sure as hell would want to know if it was my daughter. Unfortunately, there is the assumption that her family will treat her right, and there is still the little problem of a 13 year old going to term and having a child without a father, or actually having a pedophile for a father. Unless her family is a good one (many are not) both her and her child are in for a rough future and likely a repeat performance.

I just think it’s more valuable to explore these problems than to just vent my anger about the pedophile – that’s a given. I’m looking for better understanding, not a wall to punch.

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 3:09 PM

bagoh20 on December 16, 2008 at 3:09 PM

I think having an abortion is even more damaging to her in the long term. And it’s certainly “damaging” to her unborn child. I think choosing life is always a better way to go. I really do. And there is always adoption. So many couples would love to adopt a newborn. Friends of mine waited years before they were able to adopt their son.

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 3:19 PM

“there is the assumption that her family will treat her right”

Yes, you have to assume that, because if they don’t, there is no hope for her in any case.

Because the state isn’t a parent and neither is a pedophile.

I take a different tack. I think there’s far too much hand wringing and post-modern foot dragging going on today, where cases like this exist.

Handringing just leads to inaction and the kind of “thinking” that leads down the road to letting pedophiles go free and sending 13 year old girls back to their abusers.

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 3:21 PM

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Remains? What remains?

Geministorm on December 16, 2008 at 3:28 PM

“Remains? What remains?”

You’ve got me there . . .

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 3:38 PM

Lye…septic tank…problems just *disappear*.

Geministorm on December 16, 2008 at 3:56 PM

That kind of refuse disposal deserves a medal of commendation, but I guess in this day and age some limpwristers might frown upon that kind of thing.

Pity.

NoDonkey on December 16, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Killers.

oakpack on December 16, 2008 at 5:23 PM

A 13 year old need parental consent for EAR PIERCING and

Tattooing a minor is illegal even WITH parental consent in the following states:
Alabama
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
W. Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Why is this? Maybe because at 13 years old you’re too immature and dumb to understand the full repercussions of permanent body scarring.

But don’t stand in the way of the Baby Killers Lobbyists.

This is bizzarro world indeed.

omnipotent on December 16, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Planned Premeditated Parenthood Murder.

jgapinoy on December 16, 2008 at 8:37 PM

These girls are doing the Lord’s work.

JellyToast on December 16, 2008 at 8:43 PM

It’s a dark cloud that doesn’t have a silver lining.

Blaise on December 16, 2008 at 2:02 PM

All of the undercover videos were shot within a relatively short time frame of each other last summer.

Lila and Jackie are simply releasing them one by one for maximum effect.

Note that the employees suspended were still presumably working there for the 6 months between when the film was recorded and when Lila and Jackie released it.

If that doesn’t make your stomache turn, nothing will.

BKennedy on December 16, 2008 at 11:51 PM