Live Action scores: Planned Parenthood suspends employee in second video

posted at 5:45 pm on December 16, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

It didn’t take long for Lila Rose and Live Action Films to get results from the release of their second undercover video at Indiana Planned Parenthood clinics. After LAF published Lila’s investigative report today, Planned Parenthood suspended a counselor shown advising what she thought was a 13-year-old girl to cross state lines for an abortion without informing her parents — and without the clinic following the law to notify authorities of sexual abuse of a minor:

The release of the video today led one lawmaker to urge Attorney General Steve Carter to investigate and to ask the Family and Social Services Administration to suspend Medicaid payments to Planned Parenthood of Indiana.

Planned Parenthood says it has suspended without pay a counselor shown in the second video while it investigates the matter. Planned Parenthood fired an aide at a Bloomington clinic after the release of a similar video two weeks ago by Live Action, which has three chapters in California and one in Oregon.

Is it time to cut off government funding of Planned Parenthood? Absolutely. In two separate incidents at two different clinics, Lila got the same reaction from staffers — to ignore the sexual abuse of a 13-year-old by a 31-year-old man and to urge her to cross state lines to get her abortion without parental knowledge. The language and message are almost identical between the two incidents, which Lila herself acknowledged is disconcerting.

You think Planned Parenthood is nervous now? They have no idea how many more videos Lila and her colleague Jackie Stollar shot at clinics across the country. The two released in the past week showed visits from June of this year. Live Action Films has more coming. Earlier today, I interviewed Lila for TEMS. It’s in the post below, but you can watch it here as well:

Comments

Excellent! Now these are leaders I can get behind and be proud of. I also like how they are creating a media event out of each video release and regularly dropping one after the other so that the media can’t just make this a one day or one week story. I believe this strategy will build buzz and get local media around the country involved. I also think it will build and build and BUILD online as it is already doing through sites like this one.

D0WNT0WN on December 16, 2008 at 5:56 PM

What is great is that everytime a teen comes in, they will wonder if they are being had. Some will be dumb just like on the Pedophile stuff on ABC, but some will think twice about giving the teen illegal advice.

WoosterOh on December 16, 2008 at 5:57 PM

Defund, prosecute, and incarcerate. I have a daughter who can’t take an aspirin in school but these monsters can not only tell her how to have surgery without my knowledge, but also; protect a child molester. A pox on all of them.

Les in NC on December 16, 2008 at 6:00 PM

I hope they nail their butchering hides to the wall…

Rogue on December 16, 2008 at 6:01 PM

The suspension is meaningless. Live Action Films, and others have proven this is systemic with Planned Parenthood. The suspension is a public relations ploy.

Planned Parenthood management, counselors, and employees actively advocate covering up rape, child abuse, and illegal abortions. This nationwide disgrace continues, with the full support of city, state, and national officials.

You want to take out the trash? Get one good federal prosecutor, do a undercover investigation for a couple of years, and we would pretty much obliterate the Democrat Party.

Rode Werk on December 16, 2008 at 6:13 PM

I think Colin Powell would disapprove.

Cicero43 on December 16, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Les in NC on December 16, 2008 at 6:00 PM

I have no kids, but I was doing a photoshoot for a class reunion, it was at an old high school that is now a grade school. The nurse had a parent leave work to bring an Aspirin for their child to take, so your post is accurate.

WoosterOh on December 16, 2008 at 6:14 PM

No more tax dollars for this corrupt “non” profit organization!

ctmom on December 16, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Hopefully, the ladies do their homework regarding the legality of audio and/or video taping without notification to their subjects. They wouldn’t want to leave themslves open to prosecution and give the opposition a deflecting device.

AmericanDad on December 16, 2008 at 6:18 PM

One can hope that Mr. “If my daughter makes a mistake,I dont want her punished with a baby/above my paygrade” Obama will set the hounds on these violations, but I really doubt much will be done unless its the proverbial slap on the wrist we will fire them here but hire them in the next county. Remember we are now in the FOCA era. That means if these underage girls choose not to tell authorities about sexual abuse perceived or statutory concentual,then who are we to take the girls choices away? sarc/off

Exit question: Are human butchers up for TARP funding if they go bankrupt? Morally is a given, monetarily is another matter.

canditaylor68 on December 16, 2008 at 6:19 PM

Make it degrading to work at Planned Parenthood.

Oh wait, as if it’s not already?

jeff_from_mpls on December 16, 2008 at 6:23 PM

WoosterOh on December 16, 2008 at 6:14 PM

I remember back when I was in school I wasn’t allowed to take anything unless I had permission from my parents, and even then, it had to be a pill from my parents. In other words, the nurse couldn’t give me an Tylenol or anything unless it was from my parents. This was not only during elementary but also up to my senior year in high school! Pretty outrageous.

Luthien on December 16, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Everybody has an agenda. In this case it is a bit hard on the unborn. They may have started out with good goals but now it has evolved to legalized murder.

duff65 on December 16, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Gaia bless you, Planned Parenthood. And Merry Solstice to you, your raped teenagers and all your infant corpses.

whitetop on December 16, 2008 at 6:30 PM

This is just another reason why so many folks from the Chicago area are flocking into Indiana by the hundreds. Low taxes, lower taxes to businesses moving into the state and pol’s that actually work for the people and take no crap.

The Hoosier state is looking better and better these days to us overtaxed idiots from Chicago looking for a clean place to escape to.

Knucklehead on December 16, 2008 at 6:31 PM

Surrounding states?

Why didn’t she just say “Illinois”!!!!!

Has THE ONE commented on this yet?

Leopold Stotch on December 16, 2008 at 6:33 PM

God bless these girls. Conservatives need more activists like this. This seems to be the best way to force the public to see some of these left wing organizations for exactly what they are.

Dritanian on December 16, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Is it time to cut off government funding of Planned Parenthood? Absolutely.

+7%

Seven Percent Solution on December 16, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Suspended, not fired. Meaning they’ll bring her back come Jan. 21st.

Notice the date?

madmonkphotog on December 16, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Somehow for the love of Gawd,get the clock turned
back to parental guidance as it should be!

And,I dare say,how about somekind of oversight on
these groups,it appears everything touched by Liberals
is taited,and their track record proves that they cont
inually run amuck in one form or another of corruption!

canopfor on December 16, 2008 at 6:44 PM

YES! Two female college students take on the abortion empire! You go, girls!

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 6:46 PM

After publishing Lila’s investigative report today, Planned Parenthood suspended a counselor shown advising what she thought was a 13-year-old girl to cross state lines for an abortion without informing her parents — and without the clinic following the law to notify authorities of sexual abuse of a minor…

Unless Planned Parenthood published the report, you have yourself a dangling modifier, Ed.

Disturb the Universe on December 16, 2008 at 6:47 PM

It’s going to be interesting to see:

1. How many of these films they made

2. Where they were made

3. Whether or not a consistent pattern of a PP spiel is estalished.

It is first in a series of hidden camera investigations, collected summer 2008, documenting the real behavior of the abortion industry across the nation. Despite a consistent pattern of lawlessness and abuse, Planned Parenthood receives over $300 million from taxpayers. The tax-exempt “nonprofit” netted $100 million in profits last year including revenue in excess of $100 million from performing 250,000 abortions.

INC on December 16, 2008 at 6:51 PM

A 13 year old need parental consent for EAR PIERCING and

Tattooing a minor is illegal even WITH parental consent in the following states:
Alabama
Utah
Vermont
Virginia
W. Virginia
Wisconsin
Wyoming

Why is this? Maybe because at 13 years old you’re too immature and dumb to understand the full repercussions of permanent body scarring.

But don’t stand in the way of the Baby Killers Lobbyists.

This is bizzarro world indeed.

Bravo to Lila and her ilk. (Clapping)

omnipotent on December 16, 2008 at 6:56 PM

Booyah!

AbaddonsReign on December 16, 2008 at 7:07 PM

I found it ironic that a Planned Parenthood ad popped up on the Livestream video screen half way into the interview.

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 7:13 PM

I’m impressed with their media savvy. Rolling these out over time rather than just one dump of everything should overshadow Planned Parenthood’s under the bus routine.

God bless them.

aikidoka on December 16, 2008 at 7:29 PM

You know, these planned parenthood types make it so hard to advocate the cause of safe legal and rare…even when thats really how you feel on the subject. I truly prefer abortion being legal to backalley type stuff that inevitably stems from criminalized abortion. But goddammit, they pull this sh!t and I wonder just how long i’ll put up with it.

Its gotta be easier to fight abortion but making it more about who protects it rather than the act’s legal status. make it a referendum on this sort of malfeasance, rather than a solely moral argument against the practice.

ernesto on December 16, 2008 at 7:30 PM

I think Colin Powell would disapprove.

Cicero43 on December 16, 2008 at 6:14 PM

Y-not on December 16, 2008 at 7:30 PM

I don’t care how old he is.

I had a feeling that abortionists don’t care.

Harpoon on December 16, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Tax payer subsidized, for profit Death Cult.

TheUnrepentantGeek on December 16, 2008 at 7:34 PM

Beautiful, heroic young women!! Thank you and God bless you.

missouriyankee on December 16, 2008 at 7:35 PM

We owe a debt to these girls. That took real guts! Thank you! Keep up the good work!
We need to cut the Planned Parenthood funding nationwide. These clinics are like ACORN. You find them breaking the law and they insist it’s only one clinic or one state and so the whole corrupt practice can’t be defunded! They are murderers and condone and hide child abuse. Every parent should be outraged!

Christian Conservative on December 16, 2008 at 7:43 PM

ernesto on December 16, 2008 at 7:30 PM

Inevitable? As I understand it, the numbers were made up at the time of Roe v Wade. Furthermore, serious sanctions against those who provide back alley abortions would help discourage such activity, should abortion be more restricted in the future. It simply is not an either or situation as you seem to think.

aikidoka on December 16, 2008 at 7:47 PM

ernesto on December 16, 2008 at 7:30 PM

I think we can all agree that back-alley abortions are horrible, but won’t even reasonable restrictions result in these? And honestly, won’t greater restrictions on abortions be more likely to result in more aggressive, wide-spread birth control medication use than dangerous and expensive abortions?

TheUnrepentantGeek on December 16, 2008 at 8:00 PM

This may cause the employee to turn the tables on Planned Parenthood. Nothing like an employee being fired for following the employer’s policies, to go straight to the authorities to whistle blow. And we know just how much dems like whistleblowers, so they will lionize that employee when she gives all the red meat on Planned Parenthood.

eaglewingz08 on December 16, 2008 at 8:01 PM

The reasons for those back alley abortions don’t apply so much these days–first of all, the stigma of an unmarried pregnancy isn’t an issue any more, and secondly, you can always get medical and financial help from the government. And many people would be happy to adopt your baby if you couldn’t take care of him/her yourself.

Too many options these days to resort to a back alley abortion.

Bob's Kid on December 16, 2008 at 8:08 PM

Bob’s Kid on December 16, 2008 at 8:08 PM

You paint too rosy a picture for my eyes man. I’m sure theres data somewhere to suggest that there would be a reduction, but I just can’t say I really believe its something I can overlook. Though as i tried to point out earlier, my patience with these sorts is wearing very thin.

ernesto on December 16, 2008 at 8:25 PM

You GO girls!!

Gina on December 16, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Planned Murderhood strikes again.

Mojave Mark on December 16, 2008 at 8:38 PM

I agree with you Bob’s kid there are too many people who want kids that get aborted away because it is just easier.

Christiangothkitty on December 16, 2008 at 8:44 PM

Well done Lila and Jackie! Keep up the terrific work!

Fallen Sparrow on December 16, 2008 at 8:44 PM

ernesto on December 16, 2008 at 8:25 PM

At the very least I’d like to see the use of my tax money to pay for these things abolished. I’d have a lot less problem with the whole subject if I were not forced to partipate by being the one bankrolling the baby killers. And I strongly suspect that if they had to do their dirty work in a free market without public funds, they would move on into some other field pretty quick. It is all about the money.

MikeA on December 16, 2008 at 9:07 PM

The Planned Parenthood clinics are nothing more than Stop & Murder convenience stores. Planned Parenthood is to the murder of unborn babies what 7-11 is to the thirsty.

They sure as hell don’t help anyone plan their parenthood, but they’re sure as hell ready, more than willing, and able to shred unborn babies alive and suck them out with a shop vac, one little tiny defenseless piece at a time.

But wait! There’s More! If you chop your itty bitty unborn baby into itty bitty pieces and get it sucked out with a Stanley shop vac’ today, or tomorrow, or whenever, they’ll even explain how to get away with it in another state without your parents finding out while the pedophile who knocked you up goes unreported to the police. BONUS!

…and all of it is done using OUR hard earned money paid in taxes.

It does not get more disgusting and reprehensible than that.

I’m beyond disgusted that MY MONEY HELPS PAYS FOR IT!

FlatFoot on December 16, 2008 at 10:25 PM

MikeA on December 16, 2008 at 9:07 PM

And that would be totally fair. I’d never insist on anyone being entitled to an abortion like I’m entitled to a defense at no cost. But no, that would be “reasonable regulation” and the hard left in the democratic party won’t have any of that pragmatism.

ernesto on December 16, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Suspended, huh? Are you pro-life, cross-bearers going to hang your “mission accomplished” banner up now? I’ve got news for you H/A hags, this will only increase PPs donations and support like the $1000 donation I made today C/O the “suspended” employee.

dk on December 16, 2008 at 10:58 PM

dk on December 16, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Congrats dk, you just have $1,000 to support enabling child rape.

Did you get a tingle up your leg?

Boy, I wish I had a thousand bucks to throw around in this economy. Is that bailout money or are you another silver-spooned liberal who either a) was borne of a fortuned mother or b) married up?

BKennedy on December 16, 2008 at 11:13 PM

dk on December 16, 2008 at 10:58 PM

You are a vile and sick mother F**ker! I know where your soul will go, burn in Hell!

sheebe on December 16, 2008 at 11:15 PM

I’ve got news for you H/A hags,
dk on December 16, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Your impotent rage makes me smile.

joewm315 on December 16, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Wow dk, how generous. I guess this rough economy isn’t affecting you much, knock wood, wink, wink…

I’m sure those folks at Planned Parenthood appreciate it too, seeing as they only get $300 million a year from the rest of us, channeled through the IRS to make it look more sporting, and they only managed a $100 million surplus this past year. Yep, those poor, valiant, souls, tormented and harassed by us backwater bible thumpers, just trying to help save young girls from gettin’ a whuppin’ from their toothless old man… wait… I gotta get a tissue…

Keep the faith man. We shall overcome! Gaia love ya.

ral514 on December 16, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Copying this over from the older thread:

There is at least one good result of the MSM not reporting on this. Apparently, the Planned Parenthood offices have no idea that these stings are happening. I mean, wouldn’t a worker, with a modicum of intelligence, be just an itsy bitsy suspicious when a 13 year old shows up with a story similar to one already plastered all over the internet?

Apparently not. And, if they haven’t seen it on the MSM it would seem they operate in blissful ingorance, awaiting the next sting.

It’s a dark cloud that doesn’t have a silver lining.

Blaise on December 16, 2008 at 2:02 PM

All of the undercover videos were shot within a relatively short time frame of each other last summer.

Lila and Jackie are simply releasing them one by one for maximum effect.

Note that the employees suspended were still presumably working there for the 6 months between when the film was recorded and when Lila and Jackie released it.

If that doesn’t make your stomach turn, nothing will.

BKennedy on December 16, 2008 at 11:51 PM

BKennedy on December 16, 2008 at 11:55 PM

dk on December 16, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Yeah. Sure. You said it’s so on the interwebs, so it must be true.

I seriously doubt you have more than two nickels to rub together much less $1000 dollars to “donate” to assist and facilitate the murder of defenseless unborn babies.

Pics/scan for proof or you’re just full of crap as I suspect you are it didn’t happen.

Although, given your claim alone it is reasonable to assume you’re one of those backasswards hateful so-called progressive’s. As far flung a fantasy as your claim is, if it was true, it just so figures you’d be all for the murder of defenseless unborn babies and the non-reporting of pedophiles to police.

FlatFoot on December 17, 2008 at 1:48 AM

Rode Werk on December 16, 2008 at 6:13 PM

I think you just made the case for me to go to law school, a thought I detest. But, I detest Democrats more. Cheers!

anti-boomer on December 17, 2008 at 1:54 AM

YES! Two female college students take on the abortion empire! You go, girls!

ramrocks on December 16, 2008 at 6:46 PM

AZCoyote on December 17, 2008 at 4:09 AM

Oh yeah!! Well I just made a twenty-eleventy-thousand dollar donation to National Right To Life in your name!!1!1!

DelD on December 17, 2008 at 7:32 AM

dk on December 16, 2008 at 10:58 PM

So you condone what the suspended employee did? You support telling someone else’s minor child to leave the state for a surgical procedure which could result in hemorrhaging, infection or permanent damage to the child’s reproductive organs, without the knowledge of the child’s parents. For the moment we’ll leave aside the responsibility of any sane adult to report a sexual encounter with a man 18 years older than the child. All that’s just ducky with you?

Quisp on December 17, 2008 at 8:47 AM

It should never have been funded in the first place.

Ryan Gandy on December 17, 2008 at 8:55 AM

Will Lila make public all the videos she shot or just the ones that support her (and your) point of view?

I’d like to know more about how all of the PP people treated her before jumpting to conclusions.

Until then, color me skeptical.

———————————
Cut off funding for PP? Sure. Just stop paying all Catholic hospitals for Medicare or similar services at the same time.

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 9:37 AM

I love these two… If one wasn’t 13… I’d ask her to marry me… Oh wait, if I was a far left, wack job Liberal it wouldn’t matter… Thank God that I have morals and know that pedo’s need to be SHOT ON SIGHT! Anyone who would harm a child has NO RIGHT in my book to take another breath. So for PPH to supprot pedo’s and combine that with illegal abortion advice I feel it’s time for Conservatives to make this group and the ACLU it’s number one enemy and go after it in every State where we Republicans have control. Make this a National story and connect the dots to the DNC and the Messiah and Liberal Congress. Let’s put a face to evil, let’s show Christians of every political party what the far left Liberals are supporting with OUR MONEY! YELL THIS STORY FROM THE MOUNTAINS, e-mail it to Congress, send letters to TV stations, Cable shows… Get this message out and show the stark differences between Conservatives and Liberals!

Mark Garnett on December 17, 2008 at 9:43 AM

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 9:37 AM

Your one sick bastard to support PPH’s stance of child rape and pedo’s crimes upon children. No way your anything but a far left Liberal troll… Even one person doing this at a SO CALLED CHARITY that gets MY MONEY is enough for me to call out the investigations at ALL LEVELS, local, federal and state should cut off ALL funds, right now! Waiting could cost one more innocent child her life, her future… And 1 pedo is 1 too many for me, in TEXAS we have put an ezpress lane in our Death Penalty cases for turds like these.

Mark Garnett on December 17, 2008 at 9:48 AM

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 9:37 AM

Yeah, that’s the same thing. We wouldn’t want Catholic hospitals saving lives if PP can’t murder innocent unborn children and aid in the abuse of young girls. /sarc

Do you realize or care that that makes you sound like something of a monster?

pannw on December 17, 2008 at 9:58 AM

I’ve given money to PP in the past and will continue to do so.

I am not supporting their failure to (apparently) follow the law. The people involved should be repremanded and probably fired. What I don’t know is how many there are and suspect only the “bad” ones will be released.

I live in Texas, too, Mark. I’m a moderate transplant from up north. There are alot more of us coming your way so deal with it.

You don’t want your tax money going to PP because three employees handled things inappropriately? Fine. I don’t my tax money going to fund Catholic hospitals since 100s of bishops, priests and people at the Vatican were involved in obstructing justice in the child molesting scandal. Shut them both down.

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Why is PP even being funded by our tax money in the first place?
Who’s brilliant idea was this? I’d bet it wasnt Ronald Reagan’s.

abcurtis on December 17, 2008 at 10:17 AM

I do not understand why it is so difficult for Planned Parenthood employees to just follow the law. What is wrong with asking about the age of the father? This is a 13 year old girl, or at least one pretending to be one, and the counselours still seem to think the defense of “it’s your choice” is paramount to all rational judgment.

Aren’t we aware of the arguments already proffered in regards to the oppressive nature of soft drink advertisers in schools? The soda machine is practically a walking communicable obesity infection threat if we listen to the food police. Isn’t it “their choice” for a 13 year old student to consume a soft drink?

I don’t see a lot of rigidity here in Planned Parenthood’s response. Are they using the “Scientology defense” where they just attack attack attack the messenger? They appear to be actually responding to this troubling reports.

gabriel sutherland on December 17, 2008 at 10:29 AM

Luthien on December 16, 2008 at 6:30 PM

When I was in school back in the Dark Ages we didnt have a school nurse. If you were sick you sucked it up. If you were really sick, the teacher would call your mom or dad to come get you. My how things have changed.

abcurtis on December 17, 2008 at 10:36 AM

Abortion is Murder.

So WTF is our government funding it?

pseudonominus on December 17, 2008 at 10:37 AM

I’ve heard this old chestnut for most of 35 years but I’ve seen next to no confirmation or evidence that it happened. Are there any stats on how many lives have been saved from back-alley abortions – is it close to 50 million? That’s how many lives have been taken through “legal, safe and rare.”
The bottom line is, whether an abortion is back-alley or in a legal abortion mill, somebody is going to die. Period.

abcurtis on December 17, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Is it time to cut off government funding of Planned Parenthood? Absolutely.

+7%

Seven Percent Solution on December 16, 2008 at 6:34 PM

Agreed. The question is, how? My two senators are liberal democrats. One of them, Jim Webb, every time I communicate with him about something, I always get an email back about how it’s all Bush’s fault. Seriously. And it’s usually pretty smart-alecky to boot.

abcurtis on December 17, 2008 at 10:46 AM

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Catholic hospitals don’t enable child rape.

How many employees being suspended will it take for you to stop lending your support to the barberous maniacs at Planned Parenthood?

Three is insufficient for you, so I imagine you don’t ascribe to the “One is one too many” philosophy.

So what’s your breaking point? Five suspended? Ten? A Dozen? Twenty?

How many girls have to be thrown back into the arms of a pedophile before you grow a pair and stop lending a support to the enablers?

You sir, are not a moderate. Moderates may be wind-shifting inattentive squishes, but they are not categorically this willfully ignorant.

And one wonders why “more of you” will be going down to Texas? Is it like the Mujahideen, where you rape one village of all its resources, and then when nothing is left for you, you move on to destroy the next lot you run into?

BKennedy on December 17, 2008 at 10:48 AM

Too many options these days to resort to a back alley abortion.

Bob’s Kid on December 16, 2008 at 8:08 PM

Agreed. My pastor and his wife just completed an adoption of a beautiful baby girl. It took them almost two years and something like 30,000$ to get this done. They still have one more hurdle to clear and that will cost another 1500$. My wife and I looked into adoption about 30 years ago, but it was way too cost prohibitive.
Adoption needs to be made affordable and somewhat easier than it is now, not having abortion safe (for whom?) legal and rare.

abcurtis on December 17, 2008 at 10:51 AM

Fixed this for you, BKennedy: Catholic institutions don’t enable child rape. They actually perform child rape (in the thousands) and then cover it up.

And call me a Mujahideen again, and I’ll be happy to step outside and fight you. Let me know when and where, you (apparently) drunken, belligerant stupid Irish illegitimate son of a mongel dog. People like you and the head of the Catholic League are too stupid to be Irish.

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 10:55 AM

dk on December 16, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Why didnt you just send your 1000$ directly to the suspended employee?
We might be cross-bearers, but you liberals are nothing but hypocrites. You’re concerned (you say) about life but not the life of the unborn. You deserve Obama – and you’ve got him.

abcurtis on December 17, 2008 at 10:56 AM

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 10:06 AM

No, Jim, I dont want my tax money going to PP because I have a real problem with government confiscating my money to subsidize infanticide.
Inappropriate? How about illegal? Oh, i forget, for liberals there is no difference between inappropriate and illegal. Just a matter of semantics, depending on what the meaning of “is” is.

abcurtis on December 17, 2008 at 10:59 AM

So, you have no problem letting your money fund institutions that actually rape children (by the thousands) and then cover it up?

Boy, sounds like you are one sicko, abcurtis. How many 13 year olds have you been with?

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 11:01 AM

I’ve never understood why we’re supposed to believe that a young teen (13/14) can be so worried about her parents knowing that she’s pregnant that she needs to be able to get an abortion without their knowledge/consent but that same frightened teen is capable of dealing with possible post-abortion medical issues.

katiejane on December 17, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Here’s what I don’t understand… In a previous interview around this case, I heard that the Count DA would not press charges against one of the Planned Parenthood dingbats because “the girl really wasn’t underage” and “wasn’t having sex with an adult” so there was no crime.

If this is true, how is it that we have adults go on line, pretend to be 13 or 14 years old and invite men to have sex with them a their houses. Only to arrest these would be pedophiles?

Why the double standard?

BierManVA on December 17, 2008 at 12:59 PM

Take a look at this link:

In Indiana, the child must have been 14. There’s no penalty if the child was believed to be 14 but actually was older. That applies to both solicitation and molestation.

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 1:10 PM

I am surprised at all the kibbitzing going on about this.
Whether you agree with child rape(NAMBLA supporters) or not, abortion or not, etc the law is the law. If IN law states a child 13 or under cannot have sex with an adult & anyone with such knowledge must report it, then closing the ears to the girl’s boyfriend’s age is tantamount to breaking the law.
letting her in on difference in other state’s laws is also tantamount to breaking the law bcs they are shuffling this person onto another agency in another state where the child has no residency.
So whatever anyone’s personal beliefs here, evidently, according to what I understand, the woman in the video basically broke the law.
As a teacher, if I advised a student like this, I would probably get sued, lose my job & license.
WTF is wrong with these people?! And WTF is wrong with the people posting on here who are trying to rationalize this crap?!

Badger40 on December 17, 2008 at 2:03 PM

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Can’t we just stay on the issue here at hand? Not the equivalency crap?

Badger40 on December 17, 2008 at 2:05 PM

Uumm, let’s see.

(For now) apparently three employees (two in one site) in independently operated and controlled PP offices telling a supposed thirteen year old how to evade a law in Indiana that may not apply because the person wasn’t thirteen and because the reporting law may not apply because no actual child abuse occurred.

(Catholic church and facilities) You fill it in……

No, I think I’ll stick with the equivalency crap.

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 2:32 PM

By the way, it looks like Lila Rose may be guilty of a more serious misdemeanor than PP (if the law applies):

IC 31-33-22-2
Obtaining child abuse information under false pretenses; knowingly falsifying records or interfering with an investigation
Sec. 2. (b) A person who knowingly or intentionally:
(1) falsifies child abuse or neglect information or records; or
(2) obstructs or interferes with a child abuse investigation, including an investigation conducted by a local child fatality review team or the statewide child fatality review committee;
commits obstruction of a child abuse investigation, a Class A misdemeanor.

jim m on December 17, 2008 at 3:15 PM

jim m, my friend, just because you were touched by a priest doesn’t make the murder of a child ok by any stretch. If you want the Catholic church prosecuted for their crimes, I’m sure there is a website somewhere where you can go rant. We’re talking about something different, here.

groovygrl on December 17, 2008 at 6:10 PM