Jesse Jackson Jr: “I am not — I am not — a target of this investigation”

posted at 5:40 pm on December 10, 2008 by Allahpundit

That’s the word from the U.S. Attorney’s office, or so he says. Of course, he also says he’s stunned by the news that Blago’s a borderline sociopathic crook, even though the evidence of that was sufficiently compelling to have driven his public approval rating into the low single digits months ago.

Worth watching in full, partly for the Obama ass-kissing at the very end and partly because we’ll be revisiting it — frequently — if Senate Candidate 5 ends up on Fitzgerald’s radar screen after all. The lingering, million-dollar question (literally): If Jackson didn’t ask his cronies to play ball with Blagojevich, who did? Hmmm. Meanwhile…

In two other interesting developments Wednesday, NBC Chicago learned that Jackson Jr. was given a phone call from the U.S. Attorney’s Office the night before the governor was taken into custody, advising him that the arrest was imminent. Also, the congressman’s father, Jesse Jackson Sr., has retained legal council following the Blagojevich arrest.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Btw…are we sure that’s Jesse and not Jermain?

dont taze me bro on December 10, 2008 at 6:58 PM

I thought it was Tito…. thanks for straightening that out for me.

Red State State of Mind on December 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

How could anyone serving even a day in this Congress be proud about it.

VinceP1974 on December 11, 2008 at 12:26 AM

I am sure Jesse Jackson fils is as pure as the driven snow as the holy man Rev Jesse Jackson.

Ares on December 11, 2008 at 5:07 AM

What fascinates me about when politicians react to such disclosures, is how they respond by giving everything but a straight answer. “I am not a target of this investigation” leaves open that he SHOULD be. “I have no knowledge of this affair” could mean he just turned to a guy and said “handle this,” both knowing exactly what he means without saying so. At no time have I heard Jackson say “I am completely innocent,” which suggests to me that he may not be.

manwithblackhat on December 11, 2008 at 8:23 AM

Everyone here in Chicago knows there is a quick and easy way to get Jesse Jackson Sr. to talk about anything, anytime anyone wants him to.

All they have to do is just set up a microphone and a camera with a live feed.

Regardless of where it is, he will be there in front of it in a heartbeat.

pilamaye on December 11, 2008 at 8:26 AM

I am not — I am not — a target of this investigation

But you might – but you might – be.

PaddyJ on December 11, 2008 at 10:11 AM

dalec on December 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM

(oops) Fitzgerald said he never gives anyone a “clean bill of health”. To me that means never say never. I hope Jackson is not involved and I also hope Obama is not involved, ant that comes from a charter member of the Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. I wish Fitzgerald would have done this BEFORE the November elections.

dalec on December 11, 2008 at 11:15 AM