Obama: I never talked to Blagojevich about the Senate seat; Axelrod: Yes, he did; Update: Axelrod misspoke, says Obama camp

posted at 4:18 pm on December 9, 2008 by Allahpundit

Sweet catch by Tapper, showing why he got that promotion. Obama today

“I had no contact with the governor or his office and so I was not aware of what was happening, ” Obama told reporters today in Chicago. “It’s a sad day for Illinois. Beyond that, I don’t think it’s appropriate to comment.”

…versus Axelrod on November 23, as seen below. Be sure to read Tapper’s post, as he has plenty more on The One’s long history as a friend of — and advisor to — Blago. Axelrod himself begged off Blagojevich’s first gubernatorial campaign because “I was concerned about whether he was ready for … governing.” Not so Obama and Emanuel; they both served as advisors, and they and Blago went on endorsing each other to the bitter end.

Update: Awesome. Let’s just drag this out as long as possible. Either we get the spectacle of the Illinois legislature impeaching him or we get the spectacle of Blago appointing The One’s successor while in jail. And based on the charges, he’s just stupid/nutty enough to do it.

“He didn’t do anything wrong,” attorney Sheldon Sorosky told reporters after Blagojevich was arraigned. “A lot of this is just politics.”

Blagojevich should be in the office Wednesday, Sorosky added.

So, reporters asked, he does not intend to resign?

“Not that I know of, no,” said Sorosky, who added that the governor was “surprised” by the day’s events.

Update: Wouldn’t you know it, turns out Axe spoke … inartfully. When did they last speak, then, wonders Ben Smith.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Still, at the very least, the episode amounts to a distraction for Obama at an inopportune time just six weeks before he’s sworn into office. It also raises the specter of notorious Chicago politics, an image Obama has tried to distance himself from during his career.
Could these liberal hacks be anymore corrupt and predictable.

Pravda West in action.

Baxter Greene on December 9, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Judging from the look on the pic of obama published after the news hit, I think he is a wee bit distracted. The possibility of ending up in Jail, do not pass go, do not collect the presidency is probably giving him major hemmoroids. …. I’m going to do something I never thought I’d do which is to take that pic and (1) put it on my office wall and (2) put a laminated wallet sized copy in my wallet. It might be evil to gloat but what the heck.

bullseye on December 9, 2008 at 11:22 PM

The inevitable Obama statement to come: This is not the Blago I knew.

rgeaste on December 9, 2008 at 11:14 PM

This lame line that Obama followers soak up is already so played and the Messiah has not even been sworn in yet.

Obama and Blago’s Connections:
(via Ace of Spades)
Obama Advised Blagojevich On His Victorious Gubernatorial Run. “That year, [Obama] gained his first high-level experience in a statewide campaign when he advised the victorious gubernatorial candidate Rod Blagojevich, another politician with a funny name and a message of reform.” (Ryan Lizza, “Making It,” The New Yorker, 7/21/08)

Obama: “If the governor asks me to work on his behalf, I’ll be happy to do it.” (John Patterson, “Senator Says He’s Still Willing To Help Blagojevich Despite Hiring Concerns,” Chicago Daily Herald, 7/27/06)

Obama Endorsed Blagojevich For A Second Term. “Obama, who endorsed Blagojevich for a second term nearly 18 months ago, said he’s ready to help Illinois democrats in the upcoming elections.” (John Patterson, “Senator Says He’s Still Willing To Help Blagojevich Despite Hiring Concerns,” Chicago Daily Herald, 7/27/06)

Obama: “We’ve got a governor in Rod Blagojevich who has delivered consistently on behalf of the people of Illinois.” (Deanna Bellandi, “Illinois Democrats Talk Unity But Don’t Show It,” The Associated Press, 8/16/06)

I did not know Blago that well.

He was just some guy in the neighborhood.

This is just a distraction.

Baxter Greene on December 9, 2008 at 11:33 PM

bullseye on December 9, 2008 at 11:22 PM

Good idea.

This is probably the same look all the members of the People’s Temple of Obama are going to have on their face in about 9 months wondering where all that “hope and change” went to.

Baxter Greene on December 9, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Inartfully: Saying something that is true, but terribly inconvenient.

Synonym: lying.

Related to: Being thrown under the bus like the sacrificial lamb you are…

blankminde on December 9, 2008 at 11:36 PM

To think the Press dispatched all those teeming reporters to Alska to search Sarha’s wardrobes and dust bins but none of them were intersted in The One’s backyard of corruption. Amzing? To thinkw e still don’t have his campaign finance donations details or his state senate records. Amazing.

promachus on December 9, 2008 at 11:37 PM

I believe Axelrod

ToddonCapeCod on December 9, 2008 at 11:48 PM

We’re going to be calling Obama Mr. Bojangles for all the fancypants tapdancing he’ll be doing in the days ahead on this and similarly-crooked issues.

profitsbeard on December 9, 2008 at 11:50 PM

While Mr. Hope and Change is back tracking and covering up all his “distractions” with the governor of Illinois,the country chickenhawk Obama wants to invade may be getting ready to set off one he!! of a powder keg with India:

Pakistan: We’re ready for war with India

Pakistan warned it is ready for war with India if it is attacked following the strike by the Mumbai terrorists.

But…But…how could they be talking about war.
Don’t they know that Obama is the new President.
Shouldn’t they be singing Dixie Chick songs and flashing the peace sign by now.

Welcome to the real world Mr. community organizer.
You had better be a whole lot smarter and show much better judgment than you have in the past because there is a lot of serious issues to deal with as President of the US.

Issues a good speech and butt kissing adornment from the MSM is not going to be able to help you solve.

Baxter Greene on December 9, 2008 at 11:54 PM

promachus on December 9, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Are you kidding me?
Who has time for these distractions when our friends from the MSM are diligently and painstakingly still trying to find out the true intent of Sarah Palin’s purchase of that tanning bed.

Ah… Sorry to bother you Mr. Obama, Sir

Could you help me please find these things, sir?

1. OccidentalCollege records — Not released
2. ColumbiaCollege records — Not released
3. Columbia Thesis paper — ‘not available’
4. Harvard College records — Not released
5. Selective Service Registration — Not released
6. Medical records — Not released
7. Illinois State Senate schedule — ‘not available’
8. Law practice client list — Not released
9. Certified Copy of original Birth certificate — Not released
10. Embossed, signed paper Certification of Live Birth — Not released
11. Harvard Law Review articles published — None
12. University of Chicago scholarly articles — None
13.Your Record of baptism — Not released or ‘not available’
14. Your Illinois State Senate records — ‘not available’

Oh hey… listen! I know you are busy! Is this too much for you now? I mean tell you what. I will come back tomorrow. Give you some time to get these things together, you know? I mean, I know you are busy, so I will just let myself out. I will be back tomorrow. And the day after…

MSM creed:

Investigations are for Republican leaders.
Blind adoration is for the Democratic leaders.

Baxter Greene on December 10, 2008 at 12:05 AM

There are known knowns about what dealings Obama and
Blagojevich had: there are things we know we know. We also
know there are known unknowns about what dealings Obama and
Blagojevich had: we know there are some things we do not
know. But there are also unknown unknowns about what
dealings Obama and Blagojevich had, the ones we don’t
know that we don’t know.

Cheshire Cat on December 10, 2008 at 12:21 AM

“Axelrod misspoke” – put him under oath. Bill Clinton can tell you a thing, or two, about misspeaking.

Entelechy on December 10, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Bill Clinton can tell you a thing, or two, about misspeaking.

Entelechy on December 10, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Quote me as saying that I was misquoted.
- Groucho Bill Clinton

MB4 on December 10, 2008 at 12:32 AM

profitsbeard on December 9, 2008 at 11:50 PM

MR. OBJANGLES

I knew a man, Objangles, and he danced for me
In worn out new deal shoes.
With short hair, a flashy shirt and fancy pants,
The old new deal soft shoe.
He tap danced so high, tap danced so high, then he lightly touched down.
I met him in a ward in Chicago, I was
So down and out.
He looked at me to be the Messiah of the age,
As he spoke right out.
He talked of hope, he talked of change. He laughed, clicked heels instead.
Mister Objangles
Mister Objangles
Mister Objangles

Dance!

MB4 on December 10, 2008 at 12:50 AM

Maybe Obama can now claim to be Reagan..

What he said was this:

I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening

In other words, “we” actually were aware.

Phoenician on December 10, 2008 at 12:54 AM

Meet the Press, when ducking a question about Caroline Kennedy being appointed senator from New York, “The last thing I want to do is get involved in New York politics. I’ve got enough trouble in terms of Illinois politics.”

I know nothing

Entelechy on December 10, 2008 at 12:59 AM

“You working hard for Rod?” interrupted Berkowitz.

You betcha,” said Obama.

“Hot Rod?” asked the host.

“That’s exactly right,” Obama said.

The good old days.

Phoenician on December 10, 2008 at 1:03 AM

The good old days.

Phoenician on December 10, 2008 at 1:03 AM

I did not have dealings with that man, Rod Blagojevich.
- Barack Jefferson Obama

I am not a crook.
- Barack Milhous Obama

MB4 on December 10, 2008 at 1:13 AM

If you look at what Obama and Axelrod are saying all they are denying is that he spoke DIRECTLY with him.

When (who?) is someone going to ask, and keep asking, if him or his people had any COMMUNICATION with the Gov.?

UT Cowboy on December 10, 2008 at 1:21 AM

If Obama was pressuring Blagojevich – then isn’t that an abuse of power?

It sounds like Blago wanted to appoint himself – but unless he was receiving pressure to appoint someone else then there wouldn’t even be the temptation to ‘sell’ the seat.

Obama is involved in this – but the media will cover for him and he’ll come out looking like the good guy of Chicago politics. In fact this should only reaffirm his close ties to the most disgusting parts of Chicago political sewer.

Mr Purple on December 10, 2008 at 1:46 AM

Baxter Greene on December 10, 2008 at 12:05 AM

+7%

Seven Percent Solution on December 10, 2008 at 1:59 AM

Blago fully expected Obama to be willing to do a quid pro quo. And he was ticked that Obama wouldn’t.

Why did Blago expect Obama to play ball? Prior experience? Obama was on Blago’s reelection campaign, after all!

Vanceone on December 9, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Just maybe, Obama got HIS “job” as Senator from Illinois via a similar process. It would explain Obama’s “sudden rise” on any scale, and, his complicity with Blago if not the same handlers. As in, mutual influences put them both where they are.

S on December 10, 2008 at 2:47 AM

Maybe Obama can now claim to be Reagan..

What he said was this:

In other words, “we” actually were aware.

Phoenician on December 10, 2008 at 12:54 AM

The one Elect is the real change and shape shifter , from Kennedy to FDR , to Lincoln and Reagan , now he is Nixon .
All before inauguration.

“I am not a crook.”

the_nile on December 10, 2008 at 5:31 AM

That bus must have some ground clearance.

SKYFOX on December 10, 2008 at 5:53 AM

What about the “Governor’s Office” rather than the Governor. I am sure Obama knows people in the Governor’s Office, say for instance his Chief of Staff, Press Secretary, Legal Counsel. So Obama and Blog could arrange communications between Obama’s Axelrod and Blog’s Chief of Staff, giving them each deniability that Obama ‘spoke to the Governor’ yet being able to find out all those messy details.
Anyway, this reminds me of Obama’s Ayers and Wright ‘defense’ never hearing, never talking, well Blog was just some guy in the neighborhood, Governor’s mansion, who Obama accidentally met on a few occasions, but Blog was not an official advisor of Obama’s campaign, so nothing to sweat about.

eaglewingz08 on December 10, 2008 at 6:12 AM

Joe Scarborough just ripped the living sh!t out of Obama about this. He was laughing about the “sycophant press” with Obama and making fun of Rahm Emanuel having bragged how he and Obama had totally run Bogojevich’s 2002 campaign and now BHO’s acting like he didn’t know the guy. Then they laughed about how Al Gore is advising Obama on global warming policy and how Gore said something like, “There’s no more time for denial”. Even Mica laughed about the ‘denial’ reference.

I was a bit amazed by this. They’re tearing BHO apart.

progressoverpeace on December 10, 2008 at 6:12 AM

Er … Blagojevich …

progressoverpeace on December 10, 2008 at 6:13 AM

I call him Blog not Blag, because it sounds better to me shorthand, and you know Obama is so internet savvy that Blog may be the writing on the wall or the net for the Obamanation.
I also loved the Clintonian, I did not have political dealings with THAT MAN, Blagjevich.

eaglewingz08 on December 10, 2008 at 6:17 AM

And now they’re mentioning Teddy Kennedy trying to get his kin in the NY Senate seat as a ‘for instance’ about power politics.

Wow!

progressoverpeace on December 10, 2008 at 6:17 AM

sorry keyboard freeze, Blagojevich.

eaglewingz08 on December 10, 2008 at 6:18 AM

eaglewingz08 on December 10, 2008 at 6:17 AM

LOL

progressoverpeace on December 10, 2008 at 6:20 AM

Maybe Obama can do a reprise of “Leggo of my Blago”, or pardon Blago and Rezko as his first acts as President?

eaglewingz08 on December 10, 2008 at 6:20 AM

eaglewingz08 on December 10, 2008 at 6:20 AM

You’re killing me.

This could just totally explode. BHO might need the coming President to pardon him.

progressoverpeace on December 10, 2008 at 6:22 AM

Baxter Greene on December 9, 2008 at 10:22 PM

I know, it was bum deal. I was just trying to answer jim m who apparently thought that was a real blow to Sen. McCain’s integrity. It’s always best to keep the misinformation down to a minimum so the real stuff can stand on it’s own legs. Great posts, enjoyed.

Cindy Munford on December 10, 2008 at 6:24 AM

eaglewingz08 on December 10, 2008 at 6:12 AM

The Office of the President Elect may have spoken to the Office of the Governor of IL. It’s not like real people were involved. Perception is everything.

Cindy Munford on December 10, 2008 at 6:27 AM

He should create a new Office of the Governor-Under-Indictment

faraway on December 10, 2008 at 8:03 AM

Just Suppose – Just suppose Fitz indicts and arrests obama prior to the inauguration.. Can you picture the chief justice going to a jail cell for the swearing in. ??

Also, what would happen with the succession? As far as I know, something like this would not bar him from taking office. There would have to be an impeachment which, given belapelosi and reid, I doubt that would happen.

So, would we have a chief justice strolling into the cellblock to administer the oath of office? Would Jailhouse Rock be the inaugural theme song?

Seriously though, keep a sharp eye on things. My guess is that if THE ONE is going to be indicted or arrested you will see a whole bunch of boxy green things with those big swiveling things on top and a long thing sticking out of them. They’d be all around the urban areas prior to any arrest. Have a plan to sit tight in your home for a week or so if necessary. If your kids are in college in an urban area have a plan to get them homme stat..

Fitz arrested a governor, he could go for the big enchilada.

bullseye on December 10, 2008 at 8:04 AM

How much is that Senate seat in the window?

bloggless on December 10, 2008 at 8:18 AM

Tribune Exclusive: Obama litters!

As the Blagojevich drama unfolded across Dearborn Street in the federal courthouse, Obama lounged in an armchair in his spare black-and-gray office, a scattering of peanut shells from his afternoon snack littering the floor.

Gotta focus on the important news.

Phoenician on December 10, 2008 at 8:25 AM

This question has been bugging me from the beginning of this. Maybe someone here can answer. How long have they been listening to this guy via phone taps? “IF” Obama or someone from his “administration” did speak to him about appointing someone wouldn’t it be recorded?

milwife88 on December 10, 2008 at 8:30 AM

I don’t know about Fitz, but it wouldn’t be too hard to get an indictment for the campaign credit card (non-AVS) fraud. All someone has to do is ask BHO about it, and the MSM might be starting to feel that they’ve jumped on a sinking ship and start jumping like the rats they are.

And with Blog’s situation, if BHO tries throwing any of those folks under the bus, he’s going to find himself trying to outrun the wheels.

bullseye on December 10, 2008 at 8:04 AM

Why should Greek rioters have all the fun? The US will show them how professionals do it.

progressoverpeace on December 10, 2008 at 8:31 AM

At least the messes started for Clinton AFTER he was in office. Let’s see…….EVERYONE knows how corrupt politics are in Chicago. Anyone with any common sense at all would know any politician coming out of Chicago knows what is going on there. AND if he doesn’t play the game there he is going nowhere. That’s why Obama was at the Ayers house, he had to go through the power structure in Chicago. And don’t tell me that Obama didn’t have to kiss the rings of a lot of “kingpins” he knew was corrupt as the day is long. The powers that be in Chicago guard their power structure. They’re not going to allow some naive little idealist come in and start causing a lot of trouble.

Obama knew what the Governor was. He had to know. I’m not saying he participated in the corruption. But Obama had no desire to “CHANGE” Chicago….and still doesn’t. And watched illegality left and right without blowing the whistle on it. That’s what it took to get what he wanted.

I’m not say this makes him guilty. But it sure should make decent people cast their vote for someone not rising out of a garbage dump!

artman1746 on December 10, 2008 at 8:55 AM

I know “decent” people who cannot see, and/or can’t be reached. They’re decent in the sense that they mean no harm, yet they still cause it, this time substantially. In my mind, that’s how Obama got elected.

JiangxiDad on December 10, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Baxter Greene on December 9, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Cindy Munford on December 10, 2008 at 6:24 AM

It was a good conversation,you are right,McCain is not your “in the mud”politician.If he is going to be condemned for something,it needs to be legitimate.
I was just the guy across the room butting in to offer a little support.

Baxter Greene on December 10, 2008 at 9:08 AM

I was just the guy across the room butting in to offer a little support.

Baxter Greene on December 10, 2008 at 9:08 AM

Always appreciated. Have a great day.

Cindy Munford on December 10, 2008 at 9:32 AM

A lot of the “scandals” that happened with Bush were incidents just like these that the press hammered over and over,day in and day out.Remember,it was their job to “get to the truth”.
These scandals went pretty much no where except for Libby(I guess he should have just said “I misspoke” and everything would have been alright)but the damage was done because the MSM,hollywood,and other politicians would hammer it 24/7.
It didn’t matter that Bush/Cheney was not guilty of torture,Haliburton payoffs,Plame,illegal wire tapping,lying about pre-war intelligence,planning 9/11…on…and…on…and…on.
What mattered is that he didn’t defend his administration vigorously enough to put a stop to it or water it down.
The liberal MSM had open season on Bush for years and it drove him and a lot of the Republican party into the ground.

The press will do everything it can to defend and bring cover for Obama so that he will not have to deal with “investigative journalism”.
Remember Chris Matthews vow “It’s my job to see that the Obama Presidency is a success”.
If the press had done their job during the primaries,election,and present tense of Obama’s Presidency,
then he would be no where near being a “success”.
So hide,ignore,spin,and butt kissing is the role that the
press will play on this and Obama’s term.
Unless there is something “substantial” there to uncover
by a legal watchdog willing to go for it,I don’t see much happening unless Blago,Rezko,or some other person Obama has had corrupt and lucrative ties to that he “doesn’t really know” starts to sing.
Drudge had up yesterday the grand jury requesting all of Obama’s and Rezko’s financial records.
Could be the bus is fixing to back up and roll over Obama.

Baxter Greene on December 10, 2008 at 9:34 AM

If Obama had been vetted by the MSM …..So many questions about Obama that were never answered before the election, may now come back to “bite” the people who voted for him.

New bumper sticker….. O ? B ? A ? M ? A

samhill on December 10, 2008 at 9:37 AM

I’m at a loss.
Looking at the number and frequency of extreme corruption and lack of morals in our government is shocking and unexplainable! Yea I know power corrupts yada..yada, but that doesn’t quite explain the percentage of low quality character we have in government these days. The sexual indescetions alone are of the variety you don’t see in the general public among so called responsible professionals. We are talking about actions that most americans would have a hard time getting past the shame to even THINK about!

-William Jefferson of Louisiana using troops who were there to save lives during the most costly national disaster in US history to deliver him to his home to “rescue” blacmail cash from his freezer!

-Larry Craig of Idaho propositioning a male stranger in a toilet stall of a public restroom!

-Barney Frank a sitting US congressman running a gay brothel!

-Stevens of Alaska openly taking bribes

-POTUS accused of rape/several affairs finally caught having sex with an underling in the OVAL OFFICE!

The list goes on and on and the American people could care less. Hell, they re-elect them months after being caught smoking crack in a hotel with a hooker!

I really believe this country is finished unless something drastic takes place. The days of men like Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, etc. serving their country are extinct. Watch the movie “Idiocracy”

Goodeye_Closed on December 10, 2008 at 9:43 AM

That’s sort of the same answer he about Ayers and Wright. Boy, Obama doesn’t seem to know or talk to anybody.

vcferlita on December 10, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Obama Memory Hole strikes again..

Video No Longer Available.

DaveC on December 10, 2008 at 9:53 AM

“A lot of this is just politics.”

Need to break out the Chicago-English dictionary to confirm that politics in Chicago speak equals criminal activity in English.

Vashta.Nerada on December 10, 2008 at 10:20 AM

It will be real interesting to compare this to how they treated Bush over the Plame/Wilson affair when there were no links to Bush what-so-ever and the leaker ended up being Armitage.
Baxter Greene on December 9, 2008 at 6:50 PM

Didn’t you get the memo?

The Plame/Wilson leak jeopardized the lives of our best and bravest ‘super secret agents’.

The Rezko/Blago deal only involves a few bucks (not even changing hands as yet), in the scheme of things, just a drop in the bucket.

Get your priority straight, man!

Sir Napsalot on December 10, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Winston Smith strikes again.

Working on tracking down an archived version of video.

bryanmyrick on December 10, 2008 at 10:31 AM

Illinois and New Jersey……two cesspools witht the same stench.

Goodeye_Closed on December 10, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Nothing substantial will be done to Obama as a direct result of all this. Anyone thinking otherwise is setting themselves up for a major disappointment. Even if Blago becomes desperate and offers the FBI some serious dirt on Obama, the FBI director will suppress the investigation. If worse came to worst and someone like Fitzgerald actually has the stones to indict Obama, Bush will pardon him as one of his final acts in office – make book on it. And if they try to indict Obama after he’s inaugurated, there is zero chance the House or Senate would vote to impeach him.

This could, however, prove to be one of those long, slow bleeds that puts some wind back in Republican sails. The most important task for the conservative blogosphere is to make sure this whole scandal doesn’t go swirling down the memory hole. Never let the media bury it, and make sure to remind the electorate about this whole filthy mess in 2010.

Doctor Zero on December 10, 2008 at 10:41 AM

The problem for Obama is that Blagojevich’s demands already implicate Obama’s camp. There was no way for Blago to get what he wanted without an Obama insider and Obama himself going to bat for Blago and caving in to his demands. Whether such a cave would be knowing or not is a question of fact for the jury, or committee investigating impeachment.

Beagle on December 10, 2008 at 10:43 AM

It’s hard for me not to wonder why this investigation wrapped up when it did. Any other investigation, certainly of a Republican scandal, would have gone on long enough to see if the big fish would nibble.

Beagle on December 10, 2008 at 10:58 AM

the_nile on December 10, 2008 at 11:07 AM

profitsbeard on December 9, 2008 at 11:50 PM

TIP: I would avoid calling him “Mr. Bojangles” again unless you have a desire to get a lot of angry mail.

bryanmyrick on December 10, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Apparently Barry met with Blago in person in early November regarding the Senate Seat Auction -

Duckworth comments on consideration for Senate
By Alexis Hunt
Saturday, November 08, 2008 at 9:48 p.m.

QUINCY, IL — Now that Barack Obama will be moving to the White House, his seat in the U.S. Senate representing Illinois will have to be filled.

Obama met with Governor Rod Blagojevich earlier this week to discuss it. Illinois law states that the governor chooses that replacement. There’s already been speculation about his selection…from Congressman Jesse Jackson, Junior to Illinois Department of Veterans’ Affairs Director Tammy Duckworth.

Duckworth made an appearance in Saturday’s Veterans’ parade in Quincy. We asked her about the possibility of filling Obama’s seat.

“The Governor’s office confirmed yesterday that he is considering me and I am deeply honored jus to be considered. I hope whoever is selected is someone who is willing to travel around the state and gets to know this wonderful state. I’m just honored to be considered,” Duckworth said.

The governor expects to make his decision before Christmas. Part of the timing depends on when Obama officially vacates his senate seat.

This idea that Barry is not part of the Chicago political machine and is clean is beyond belief.

iam7545 on December 10, 2008 at 11:22 AM

iam7545 on December 10, 2008 at 11:22 AM

Wow!!!!
So we have Axelrod making the same claim as this reporter.Is she going to come out and say “she mis-spoke” also.

Obama has been spinning and lying throughout his campaign to become President.
The press can only cover for him so much.

Great post iam7545.

Baxter Greene on December 10, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Duckworth comments on consideration for Senate

By Alexis Hunt
Saturday, November 08, 2008 at 9:48 p.m.

HILARIOUS!
I did NOT have sex with that woman!
HAHA!

dinkyjackson on December 10, 2008 at 12:39 PM

RUSH IS TEARING THEM APART NOW!!!

Also the mother of all sarcasms: AP as well, and GMA according to the clips he is playing…

I am listening to the broadcast right now, and all cockroaches are running to their cracks!!! ROFLMAO!!!

ProudPalinFan on December 10, 2008 at 12:42 PM

We’ll need a new term to describe our Obamabots: Obamapologists

Y-not on December 10, 2008 at 1:11 PM

The days of men like Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson, etc. serving their country living in the world are [almost] extinct.
Goodeye_Closed on December 10, 2008 at 9:43 AM

I truly believe that this is our country’s problem.
Those of us with Founding Father ideals are finding it hard to make a living and just plain exist in this world bcs people look at you like you are so old fashioned.

Badger40 on December 10, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Worth the watch.

christene on December 10, 2008 at 3:02 PM

iam7545 on December 10, 2008 at 11:22 AM

dinkyjackson on December 10, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Surprise!!Surprise!!!Surprise!!!
Drudge’s link to this story revels that it has been taken down.

Let the rewriting of History begin.

Baxter Greene on December 10, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Shep Smith is peddling as fast as he can on this right now on Fox. Tool.

Why would the Governor be subject to arrest if all he did was think about selling Obama’s seat? It’s no good trying to get a sweetheart deal off of an appointment if you don’t actually communicate with the other party (from whom you want the deal) and that isn’t just J.J. Jr, not based on what those tapes indicated.

Y-not on December 10, 2008 at 3:37 PM

By Alexis Hunt
Saturday, November 08, 2008 at 9:48 p.m.

Obama met with Governor Rod Blagojevich earlier this week to discuss it

(In case it’s removed)

christene on December 10, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Surprise!!Surprise!!!Surprise!!!
Drudge’s link to this story revels that it has been taken down.

Let the rewriting of History begin.

Baxter Greene on December 10, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Pardon emoi? What are you talking about? This story is up and alive.

iam7545 on December 10, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Surprise!!Surprise!!!Surprise!!!
Drudge’s link to this story revels that it has been taken down.

Let the rewriting of History begin.

Baxter – my link here still finds the article. More than likely they blocked the Drudge link as links coming from the Drudge Report have been known to overload servers.

iam7545 on December 10, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Is it just me or does Axelrod look like Al Bundy’s brother?

Having said that, Axelrod is a liar who will get away with anything.

No one will think Obama did anything wrong.

Case closed.

Move on.

VibrioCocci on December 10, 2008 at 5:13 PM

Surprise!!Surprise!!!Surprise!!!
Drudge’s link to this story revels that it has been taken down.

Let the rewriting of History begin.

iam7545 on December 10, 2008 at 3:52 PM

Okay.

I copied and saved it anyway.
Google and many newspapers(Chicago tribune especially) seem to take down information that is detrimental to democrats.

Baxter Greene on December 10, 2008 at 6:26 PM

iam7545 on December 10, 2008 at 3:52 PM

I am not the only one who can’t get the article.
Ace of Spades and littlegreenfootballs are posting about the same problem.

They also have a retraction by KHQA:

Obama Did Discuss Senate Seat with Blagojevich – Update: KHQA Pulls Their Articles

Politics | Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 11:00:02 am PST

Barack Obama has denied ever discussing his Senate seat replacement with Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich.

KHQA has now issued “a clarification:”

The story housed in our website archive was on the morning of November 5, 2008. It suggested that a meeting was scheduled later that day between President Elect Obama and Illinois Governor Blagojevich. KHQA has no knowledge that any meeting ever took place. Governor Blagojevich did appear at a news conference in Chicago on that date.

However, there’s still no explanation for why they reported on November 8th that the meeting had taken place.

Let the A$$ kissing and re-writing of history begin.
Isn’t it great when the press is in your hip pocket.

Baxter Greene on December 10, 2008 at 7:00 PM

baxter – thanks for the links – My link from here was working long after the Drudge link was dead.

I see the retraction on LGF now.

Looks like Barry has the entire media on his payroll now

iam7545 on December 10, 2008 at 8:12 PM