Senator Sweet Caroline?

posted at 2:00 pm on December 5, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

With Hillary Clinton resigning from her Senate seat for an appointment as Secretary of State, speculation has already begun as to whom New York Governor David Paterson will appoint to replace her.  Bill Clinton removed himself from the running earlier this week, but new speculation has another dynasty member as a potential candidate.  Caroline Kennedy, the publicity-shy daughter of martyred President John Kennedy, involved herself in Barack Obama’s campaign and may get the nod:

Another Senator Kennedy?  The crazy speculation about Hillary Clinton’s Senate seat may not be so crazy after all.  A Democrat who would know tells ABC News that New York governor David Paterson has talked to Caroline Kennedy about taking the seat, which was once held by her uncle, Robert F. Kennedy.  It’s not exactly shocking that Paterson would reach out to one of the most highly respected public figures in New York, but this is:  Sources say Kennedy is considering it, and has not ruled out coming to Washington to replace Hillary Clinton in the Senate.

A few years ago, the famously private Caroline Kennedy would be the last Kennedy expected to serve in Congress, but of course, she took on a much more high-profile role during the presidential campaign and, if she does it, would be more than New York’s junior Senator; she’d have closer ties to the Obama White House than any of her colleagues, a direct line to the East Wing.

When Robert Kennedy, Jr. took himself out of the running for the seat earlier this week, he told Jonathan Hicks of the New York Times, “Caroline Kennedy would be the perfect choice if she would agree to it.”  And one more thing:  We hear that President-elect Obama has made it clear that he thinks Caroline Kennedy would be a great choice.

Any choice would be better than Bill Clinton, as I wrote over the holidays.  But Caroline Kennedy hasn’t worked in the public sphere at all prior to Obama’s campaign.  What specifically besides her last name makes her more qualified to represent New York than people already elected to office by the people of the state?

It appears that people want to settle for name brands rather than appoint or vote for people of substance.  That argument can certainly be made with Barack Obama, but the name-brand impulse precedes him by decades.  Both parties indulge in it.  The Bushes have three generations in national politics, and more on the way.  The Kennedys have four, and counting.  The Clintons only have one, but they’ve managed to make it work for twenty years, and Chelsea’s waiting in the wings.  She might have gotten considered for this opening except for the age requirement.

Although the Cuomos have a dynasty going in the state of New York, one might think Andrew Cuomo would make a better choice.  At least Cuomo ran for an office and has a track record on public policy, even if we disagree with it.  Instead of looking for publicity stunts, Paterson would be better advised to find people who have built a record on policy and have at least some concrete evidence of backing from the people of the state.  We already have too many beginners at the top level of national politics.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

We are a name-brand culture. End of story.

unclesmrgol on December 5, 2008 at 2:03 PM

I was laughing and enjoying myself with Rush’s new parody of Barney Frank “the Banking Queen”. And now you give me……this. Ugh.

D0WNT0WN on December 5, 2008 at 2:04 PM

When are native New Yorkers going wake up and stop supporting politicians that have not ties to the state and are just using them to further their own careers?

rbb on December 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Meh. She’s probably not as qualified by political experience as other candidates. I’m not sure she’ll be any worse than anybody else Paterson would appoint.

Whatever.

cs89 on December 5, 2008 at 2:07 PM

I reality, the power to appoint will be the aid giving the slip of paper with the name on it to Patterson..

DaveC on December 5, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Sheeple buy/vote for what they’re told. If you advertise well (spend lots of $$ on propaganda), then you will win at getting your ‘point’ across (never mind it may be lies, or partial truth) & people will mindlessly pick the ‘name brand’.

I have a Democrat teacher in my school who really thinks Ted Kennedy ‘cares’ & he’s not a politician for the power. She would vote for any Kenedy bcs they seem to ‘care’.
Disgusting.

Badger40 on December 5, 2008 at 2:08 PM

ED — JFK was a martyr? For what?

Someone help me here, please.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Well.. that was supposed to be JFK Jr.’s Senate Seat before his unfortunate accident… so whatever. As for name brand over experience and policies… didn’t the 2008 Presidential election kinda confirm this was the case.

Illinidiva on December 5, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Caroline Kennedy,as a Senator,interesting and yet
perplexing!Me thinks if the Liberals are so up with
hiring people,with zero experience, as Obama was, as
Senator,

then,that will make Caroline experienced enough
to be President!!A hem.

canopfor on December 5, 2008 at 2:09 PM

ED — JFK was a martyr? For what?

Someone help me here, please.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:08 PM

He is martyred by the left. If he hadn’t died, I really doubt he would be the saint they paint him out to be.

Badger40 on December 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM

rbb on December 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM

New Yorkers don’t care . They like big names.

DeweyWins on December 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Wow… Hope and Change…

Yep, another kennedy… thats change…. sigh…

Romeo13 on December 5, 2008 at 2:11 PM

rbb on December 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM

The same day that Republicans win a majority of the black vote, unions support free market capitalism, and Joe Biden talks for more than 20 minutes without saying something stupid.

D0WNT0WN on December 5, 2008 at 2:11 PM

O/T,Rush said a few miutes ago,that,Coleman is up
by 238 votes,and the recount is over!?

canopfor on December 5, 2008 at 2:12 PM

ED — JFK was a martyr? For what?

Someone help me here, please.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:08 PM

You are correct that JFK was not a martyr however if your moniker ‘BigD’ refers to Dallas then it is understandable why you didn’t know since Dallas collectively only viewed him as a target.

grdred944 on December 5, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Badger40 on December 5, 2008 at 2:10 PM

A martyr is someone who dies for a cause.

JFK was murdered, he was not a martyr. I was hoping that some HotAir intern editor made a mistake.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM

I believe Caroline lives in NY. At least I heard she had a house on Shelter Island. Which is more of a claim to New Yorker-ship than Hillary had.

RayinVA on December 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM

ED — JFK was a martyr? For what?

Someone help me here, please.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:08 PM

He is a conservative martyr now because he was killed by an America hating lefty.

PS Lee Harvey’s politics were very much the same as BHO’s mum .

DeweyWins on December 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM

They are trying to set Caroline up to be the first women president in 8 years.

meci on December 5, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Bingo!

The whole Obama campaign was nothing than the biggest marketing effort in American history… and it yielded big dividends, too.

Name brands carry reputations with them. It doesn’t matter if the brand is deficient. The need to be with the “in” crowd rules everything else. Name brands that the marketers need to damage will do so with the most sophisticated negative campaign tactics available. Many times, it works, too.

That’s why I have been thinking about this for a good while, and have concluded that the GOP as a brand is so badly damaged, more by external factors (the MSM has painted the party as “Nazis”, “KKK”, “racists”, “sexists”, “bigots”, etc… so effectively that any hate crime against a Republican is acceptable nowadays) and internal ones. The elephant needs to retire or be euthanized. A new party needs to rise from this, with a clean slate. And soon.

newton on December 5, 2008 at 2:14 PM

What if, Obama fires HilRod,can Caroline get Secretary of
State,and then what happenes to that Senate seat!

Curious minds need to know?

canopfor on December 5, 2008 at 2:15 PM

My God if Republicans did something like that. Holy Crap!!!

hawkdriver on December 5, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Where does it say she has to be qualified? And what standards are we using? I hardly consider 99% of the sitting Congress-critters to be qualified.

nukemhill on December 5, 2008 at 2:16 PM

We are a name-brand culture fools. End of story.

unclesmrgol on December 5, 2008 at 2:03 PM

fify, gratis

Entelechy on December 5, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Crap,that should be minutes,not miutes.Ugh!

canopfor on December 5, 2008 at 2:18 PM

No more Kennedys! Let them hibernate in Massachusetts, a state that has transformed itself into a Stalin-like country. I don’t want their drama and politics in my neighboring state.

jencab on December 5, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Imagine appointing one of the Bush girls…forget that, imagine appointing one of Ronald Reagan’s younger kids to a post…wait, that w/b ok, because the twits are both liberals.

Entelechy on December 5, 2008 at 2:19 PM

hawkdriver on December 5, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Well, we are going to do that eventually. Palin will most likely be the last name of two prominent female politicians – Sarah and Piper.

However, I expect Piper to actually learn to govern and not simply have a great last name and winsome smile. (She’s already got the winsome smile down, but I expect more out of her when she’s in her 30s.)

kybowexar on December 5, 2008 at 2:20 PM

I feel disenfranchised because I can’t run for president. Try to get your hands on my birth certificate naturalization papers, and I’ll shoot ignore you.

Entelechy on December 5, 2008 at 2:22 PM

A martyr is someone who dies for a cause.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM

I understand that. But he has been painted as a martyr-therefore in many minds he is a martyr.
I don’t think it matters too much to be technical about this point.

Badger40 on December 5, 2008 at 2:24 PM

We really are coming up with wierd ideas about what makes a good governmental choice. I wonder if they checked to see if Sanjaya was available.

eeyore on December 5, 2008 at 2:28 PM

kybowexar on December 5, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Shhhhhhhhh!!! Hush! Leave Piper alone!

She’s too young for that stuff just yet! Besides, don’t you know that Liberals are checking every corner of this country for the next Conservative superstar? Of course, they are – so they could kill him/her before he/she ever sees the political light of day.

They WANT for us to talk about our hopes… so they can start killing them as swiftly as possible.

newton on December 5, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Off topic but hillarious now on Drudge:
Top Obama speechwriter under fire for Hillary cardboard cutout grope

Favreau’s case seems unlikely to be so dire; Clinton senior adviser Philippe Reines cast the photos as evidence of increased bonhomie between the formerly rival camps.

Brat on December 5, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Badger40 on December 5, 2008 at 2:24 PM

A martyr for what? What did he supposedly die for?

Mind you, I am not trying to be disrespectful to either JKF or Caroline and I think her being appointed a senator is a bottom story. It’s New York, and who cares except maybe Chuck Schumer. To be honest, I don’t see her husband enjoying this prospect.

But I really do have a problem with the JFK-as-martyr thing.

Maybe it’s a generational thing for Ed.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:29 PM

A clear marker of people without mental substance. Darwin blames unintelligent design, God blames devolution.

MB4 on December 5, 2008 at 2:30 PM

Personally, I would prefer Bill. He would soon suck all the limelight away from Obama.

whitetop on December 5, 2008 at 2:32 PM

ED — JFK was a martyr? For what?

Someone help me here, please.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:08 PM

He was a martyr for convertibles? And JFK Jr., whom you can bet would get the seat if still alive, was a martyr for planes? I dunno. Never mind.

MB4 on December 5, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Did Raila Odinga turn it down?

MrScribbler on December 5, 2008 at 2:35 PM

Patterson can earn himself a world of goodwill that could help him hold onto the Governorship when the next election cycle arrives if he appoints someone from the NYS Senate or Assembly who resides well north of Yonkers.

TC@LeatherPenguin on December 5, 2008 at 2:35 PM

A martyr is someone who dies for a cause.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM

I suppose one could make the argument that he was a martyr for anti-communism and anti-Castroism as it was a communist and Castro supporter who murdered him.

MB4 on December 5, 2008 at 2:38 PM

But she’s got children…whoops, thought we were talking about Sarah Palin.

deedledee on December 5, 2008 at 2:38 PM

other than her lefty politics, none of which is cast in the form of a vote, why will people get up in arms about caroline? is she too classy to be a friend of michelle, my belle’s?

kelley in virginia on December 5, 2008 at 2:41 PM

She doesn’t open her mouth much but when she does, she is as big a loser as the rest of her clan. Completely out of touch.

Blake on December 5, 2008 at 2:43 PM

If Paterson had an ounce of sense, and an inch of backbone he’d appoint Alphonse D’Amato.

Webrider on December 5, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Not only is she a Kennedy, she also has a bad Neil Diamond song named after her. Thus she’s doubly qualified.

rbj on December 5, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Fat drunk or no, I’m NOT getting in a car with her, either!

IlikedAUH2O on December 5, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Webrider on December 5, 2008 at 2:48 PM

No way. Then I wouldn’t be able to watch Allie Boy and Ed Koch smack Mark Green around on NY1′s “Wiseguys” show!

TC@LeatherPenguin on December 5, 2008 at 2:52 PM

The Kennedies helped make this country what it is today.

Akzed on December 5, 2008 at 2:54 PM

MB4 on December 5, 2008 at 2:38 PM

Well, I can’t say that I was ever taught that in my government school but, MB4, you get an A+ in my book for at least answering a question. Convertibles and all that stuff.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:56 PM

MB4 on December 5, 2008 at 2:34 PM

Who knew very little about them – not enough to take a wonderfully instrument loaded sophisticated plane, and save his and two other women’s lives. He was an idiot. If that would have qualified him to be a Senator from New York, then they deserve her, and him.

Entelechy on December 5, 2008 at 2:56 PM

So a president-elect with no experience or qualifications for the job of president thinks that the best choice for a Senate-appointee would be a woman with no experience or qualifications for the job of Senator. Imagine that.

AZCoyote on December 5, 2008 at 2:59 PM

Appoint ARod.

He’s as shallow, petty, and New Yorkey as anyone else, already thinks himself a grand celebrity, and at least his mouth-offs in the US Senate would be entertaining.

Alternative:

Al Franken. I hear there are 28 million ballots with his name on them there.

BKennedy on December 5, 2008 at 3:00 PM

House of Lords.

a capella on December 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Just what the country needs…another Kennedy.

right2bright on December 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Actually, now that I think about it, the great William F. Buckley’s advice is in order. Randomly open up the white pages, then throw a dart. Whoever it is, will be better for us than any ivy league educated twit, or career politican from NY! I hereby withdraw Al D’Amato as a suggestion (and wish I could see him and Ed Koch hammer Mark Green on TV.)

Webrider on December 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM

I’ll make my comment short and sweet.

Pathetic.

Vashta.Nerada on December 5, 2008 at 3:06 PM

The Kennedies helped make this country what it is today.

Akzed on December 5, 2008 at 2:54 PM

Overrun by immigrants and teetering on the edge of bankruptcy? You’re right — Ted Kennedy bears much of the responsibility for many of the problems that are threatening to destroy this country today.

AZCoyote on December 5, 2008 at 3:06 PM

consider the removal of Obama, Biden, and Clinton from the Senate (and Napolitano and Richardson from state governorships) a blessing in disguise.

vinman on December 5, 2008 at 3:09 PM

Webrider on December 5, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Speaking of William F. Buckley and Ivy League twits, I noticed that NRO brought down their little fundraising “thermometer” today, not having achieved even half of their goal in the past two weeks.

I think they are a little bit like the Detroit Three, in that they don’t realize that, while people may buy their SUV’s (that would be people like Steyn, Hanson, Sowell), the management/editorial policy team (that would be Lowry, Ponnuru, Lopez and yes, Goldberg) leaves something to be desired.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 3:10 PM

AZCoyote on December 5, 2008 at 3:06 PM

How painfully true. I just got rear ended by an illegal immigrant yesterday with no insurance. The police were utterly useless as usual. Our country diserves what we get for being so stupid to tollerate this madness.

saiga on December 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM

A martyr for what? What did he supposedly die for?

But I really do have a problem with the JFK-as-martyr thing.

Maybe it’s a generational thing for Ed.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:29 PM

A martyr for what might have been. I am hazarding a guess the left pines for the Kennedy they were never able to fully enjoy. He is not considered for his human qualities, but for the saintly qualities these people believe he has after the assasination.

As far as you having a problem with the idea that people consider him martyr material-I’m afraid I can’t help you there. As a child of baby boomers, I can get the gist of it myself. It’s not a problem for me.
I also don’t see that Ed’s being ‘disrespectful’ of either JFK or Caroline.
If people are going to whine about Clinton & Bush dynasties, then they should be whining about a Kennedy dynasty as well.

Badger40 on December 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Is Schmucky Schumer getting his wish that whoever gets appointed will stay in the shadown and not upstage him?

eaglewingz08 on December 5, 2008 at 3:13 PM

sorry “shadows”.

eaglewingz08 on December 5, 2008 at 3:13 PM

Her name might be Kennedy, but she ain’t no JFK.

The royal line of bootleggers lives on.

Hening on December 5, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Just what we need. Another Kennedy want to be. Don’t get me wrong. I loved JFK. But Caroline? I hurt from laughing to hard!

sheebe on December 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM

O/T,Rush said a few miutes ago,that,Coleman is up
by 238 votes,and the recount is over!?

canopfor on December 5, 2008 at 2:12 PM

Rush would say that. Hannity said it was over last week.

The recount is over everywhere except Minneapolis where they lost 130 ballots, but now comes the challenged ballots phase, what to do with unopened absentee ballots ballots phase, and inevitable court phase.

This thing ain’t over by a longshot.

YYZ on December 5, 2008 at 3:18 PM

It would have been Obama’s crimigrant aunt but Massachusetts welfare for illegals has a much broader medical benefits plan that includes a dental rider and reimburses health club fees.

Alden Pyle on December 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM

PS Lee Harvey’s politics were very much the same as BHO’s mum .

DeweyWins on December 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Excellent point. I know the Right likes to point that out-but to me from what I understand of the man, I would not have liked all he was doing at the time.
I don’t think his assassination was a good thing, but he probably wouldn’t have done America any favors if he had stayed in office.
But then Bush II didn’t, either. And neither would McCain if he’d have won.

Badger40 on December 5, 2008 at 3:20 PM

Do you have the link to banking queen??? I heard it yesterday and almost fell out of my chair.

reshas1 on December 5, 2008 at 3:35 PM

The Kennedies helped make this country what it is today.

Akzed on December 5, 2008 at 2:54 PM

Yep, the proof is in the pudding.

Entelechy on December 5, 2008 at 3:38 PM

reshas1 on December 5, 2008 at 3:35 PM

The audio is on Rush’s site – Thursday’s Show tab – bottom of the first column – and free, no log in required.
AUDIO> Barney Sings: Banking Queen | Paul Shanklin

Brat on December 5, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Another Columbia/Harvard indoctrinated sycophant, with a recognizable name and no experience- what could go wrong?

Even more awesome news – her foundation the “Profiles in Courage” gave their highest award to none other than Kofi Annan(2002), John Murtha(2006), and Jennifer Brunner(2008).

From Wiki:

“The Profile in Courage Award is a private award given to recognize displays of courage similar to those John F. Kennedy described in his book Profiles in Courage. It is given to individuals (often elected officials) who, by acting in accord with their conscience, risked their careers or lives by pursuing a larger vision of the national, state or local interest in opposition to popular opinion or pressure from constituents or other local interests.”

When you read that don’t you think of Jennifer (Ohio ACORN hump) Brunner? Stop laughing.

batterup on December 5, 2008 at 3:51 PM

When did Caroline become so interested in politics?
Oh the fix is in… so much for “change”. It’s all the same, just the other side of the coin.

The Republicans allowing this to happen? Oh, how the mighty has fallen…

stefystef on December 5, 2008 at 3:51 PM

To quote Honoré de Balzac: “Behind every great fortune there is a great crime.”

The Kennedy dynasty owes its place in history to the criminal activities of Joseph Kennedy. It does make one wonder about the Obama dynasty, and the crime behind it.

conservative_in_texas on December 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Didn’t Bill Buckley’s son abandon the Conservative movement by drinking the Obama Kool-Aid and endorsing the faux-liberal? And they can’t figure out why they can’t raise money??

Hahahahahahahaha, wow, I didn’t realize how pitiful the Republicans have gotten.

stefystef on December 5, 2008 at 4:01 PM

reshas1 on December 5, 2008 at 4:07 PM

To quote Honoré de Balzac: “Behind every great fortune there is a great crime.”

I know this is a conservative blog, but I have to call you out abut “crime” dynasties. Joe Kennedy built his family on illegal activities and the Bush family has the same shady past. And don’t get me talking about George W.

But the Obama cabal is bringing in the same criminal mentality, but on the other side. Nothing ever really changes…

stefystef on December 5, 2008 at 4:09 PM

I won’t say here what it is that I (think) and thought of Caroline Kennedy when I saw her standing next to Obama on stage at the DNC, after having learned that Bill Ayers dedicated his book, Prarie Fire, to the man who shot her uncle dead.

So let’s just that it rhymes with Bore, Gore, or “what have you”.

And btw, it wasn’t a gender-based “smear”. She could’ve been Carl Kennedy for all I care. The tag would’ve remained the same.

Ergo, it was just my pesky damn principles getting in the way and bringing on my reaction, since I could NEVER visualize my sister’s, brother’s, or my own children doing such a thing 40 years hence, given the same set of circumstances.

Ps. My name? Short for Theodore. Not Edward. Don’t know how the hell they got Teddy out of what should be Eddy.

A question for the ages, I guess?

Teddy on December 5, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Barry O, the friend of the domestic terrorist Bill Ayers – who gave honorable mention to Sirhan Sirhan (the assassin of Robert Kennedy) in the front of his terrorist manifesto Prairie Fire.
Does Caroline even know or care that her uncle’s assassin is honored by a close 30 year associate of the president-elect?

rishika on December 5, 2008 at 5:07 PM

Camelot II won’t be the same unless she gets in the Senate!

Come on, just do it!

Afterall, if it wasn’t for the JFK, Obama’s dad would not have made it to the US…. bwahha hahah haha

Sorry, I can’t say that with a straight face.

What a sick and twisted joke the next 4 years are going to be.

We’re living in an alternate reality now.

gatorboy on December 5, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Those famous Kennedy features and teeth just don’t cut it on the feminine side I think.

jeanie on December 5, 2008 at 5:23 PM

she gave us veep biden – which disqualifies her.

i think guv patersom should appoint mario cuomo and he should promise not to seek reelection.

this would create an open seat next go round.

which would be fair.

will the dems be fair?

not likely.

HOW ABOUT THIS:

CHARLIE RANGEL!!!!!

reliapundit on December 5, 2008 at 5:25 PM

A martyr for what? What did he supposedly die for?

But I really do have a problem with the JFK-as-martyr thing.

Maybe it’s a generational thing for Ed.

BigD on December 5, 2008 at 2:29 PM

The left has made him into a martyr for the civil rights movement and for the progressive movement as a whole. Never mind that he was cool towards the civil rights movement and was an anti-communist.

Gianni on December 5, 2008 at 5:28 PM

I’m for Rudy the only respectable liberal in NY.

lavell12 on December 5, 2008 at 6:22 PM

rishika on December 5, 2008 at 5:07 PM

The only two possible answers to that question certainly don’t speak well to her preparedness for the job of Senator, do they?

She either doesn’t know, or doesn’t want to know.

But she’s a Kennedy, so she’ll get a pass.

Kennedys get at least one “Get Out Of (Ignorance) Jail Free” Card by birth.

Teddy on December 5, 2008 at 6:24 PM

Will Caroline get the sentimentality nod in order to ease the passage of Uncle Tedster’s legacy health-care bill?

Keep in mind that Hillary was told “thanks, but no thanks” when she offered to craft the bill with the Kennedy team.

Paterson will do what Axelrod tells him to do.

onlineanalyst on December 5, 2008 at 6:59 PM

To quote Honoré de Balzac: “Behind every great fortune there is a great crime.”
…It does make one wonder about the Obama dynasty, and the crime behind it.
conservative_in_texas on December 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Great reference. Watch for Larry Sincalir’s book after the first of the year. “Barack Obama and Larry Sinclair… Cocaine, Sex lies and Murder?”
The story of Obama’s greatly corrupted character and indecency to say the least.

gracie on December 5, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Why not just rename the Senate the “House of Lords”. It’s beginning to sound as thought Senate seats have become somewhat hereditary. At least if your a Democrat. Qualifications? Besides, of course, being a Kennedy.

GarandFan on December 5, 2008 at 7:50 PM

Please, not Another Kennedy.
My poor State has been through enough.

Scuba Dude on December 5, 2008 at 7:53 PM

Gracie: Thanks! I’ll look for the book in January!

Ah, January. Unlike Dan Rather, I am dreading the 20th. I’ll need a good book to keep my mind off of the current events, I’m just say’en.

conservative_in_texas on December 5, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Oh well, what’s another pretty face without much experience, any way? Hope and change and all that sort of thing. Seriously, would it be too much to ask the Dems to at least look for some one with real governmental experience to replace Senator Clinton?

Orson Buggeigh on December 5, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Oh great, another damn Kennedy! Just what this country needs.

thekingtut on December 5, 2008 at 9:03 PM

I’d like to nominate Ashley Alexandra Dupré. We know she’ll do anything, anything, for the voters. Caroline? Maybe when she was in college but not now.

manfriend on December 5, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Gracie: Thanks! I’ll look for the book in January!
conservative_in_texas on December 5, 2008 at 8:36 PM

You are welcome.
Until Caroline Kennedy endorsed BO, I believed she was the saving grace for the Kennedy’s…now I see her poor insight and lack of objectivity. Caroline co-authored 2 books..In Our Defense and Right To Privacy, both of which used our Constitution as a background. In time she will see how grossly flawed BO is and how unable he is to lead. If she becomes the Senator from NY taking HRC’s place, she will do a quietly respectful job. She is no leader, but a good woman.

gracie on December 5, 2008 at 11:00 PM

I’m friggin’ tired of these fifth-rate Borgias and their aura of entitlement.

ddrintn on December 5, 2008 at 11:22 PM

rbb on December 5, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Informed, insightful comments like this are what keeps me coming back for more!

benny shakar on December 5, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Informed, insightful comments like this are what keeps me coming back for more!

benny shakar on December 5, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Well, given your affection for the “Palin is da debbil” sort of thinking, I would imagine you’d be more at home on a more leftward-leaning site that panders to such ignorance. Any of the moonbatty ones would do. Maybe you could enlighten many of your compadres on such vital information as who the Vice President-elect is.

ddrintn on December 6, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Crazy sarah is hardly “da debbil” — but I do find her and the fanboys endlessly entertaining.

benny shakar on December 6, 2008 at 12:41 AM