Chambliss on Palin: “I can’t overstate the impact she had down here”

posted at 1:37 pm on December 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

Eh. She may have been worth a point or two, but as an incumbent in a red state who almost won straight up last month, he was never in trouble. Which, of course, answers Doocy’s question at the beginning about why The One didn’t come down to campaign personally for Martin. Why jump aboard a sinking ship? If anything, staying away and letting black turnout wither only enhances his stature.

Needless to say, for the opposite reason, it was shrewd of the ‘Cuda to make the trip. Here’s Chambliss this morning on Fox & Friends, paying the piper.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

AllahPundit Quote taken from blog about Chamblis election night:

He’s expected to win but not by much more than five, so expect a long, agonizing evening of watching the blue counties roll in and slowly wash away the margin.

AllahPundit quote after the election here:

Liar, liar, pants on fire. Sounds more like disingenous Palin hating sour grapes to me Eeyore. At least when writing on the conservative side of the blogosphere you might consider some honesty, else I think you’re taking after Daily Kos.

Sultry Beauty on December 3, 2008 at 5:18 PM

flip flop

joey24007 on December 3, 2008 at 5:26 PM

DeathtoMediaHacks: I very seldom refer to Sarah’s personal qualities except in the political context of ‘delivering the goods’. Do you really think that the NY Jets signed Brett Favre because of his ‘personal qualities’ and therefore released Chad Pennington, a proven NFL QB? No, they signed Brett Favre, because he could perform at a very high level when the game was on the line. My admiration for SP is bottom line, because that’s the kind of person I am: SP delivers when she needs to: intro at Dayton, the convention speech that many pundits compared to Reagan 1980, her remarkable debate performance in besting Joe Biden on foreign affairs and her last 3 weeks on the campaign trail wowing SRO audiences and then the latest evidence of her rising to the occasion-taking Saxby from a projected 5 point win (RCP) to a 15 point win. SP is a superstar in the mode of Brett Favre and Tiger Woods. And superstars only come down the pike at best once every generation. I am not about to discard anybody of that calibre because of the Goebbels-like propaganda levelled at her. For the GOP, she is its beacon of hope; millions of conservatives already see it; they will defend her with every ounce of their being; in 2 years I predict tens of millions of Americans will see the light as well. The movement will become a juggernaut of monumental intensity. The blossoming of Sarah Palin will be a sight to behold as Tiger Woods maturation was in the year 2000.

technopeasant on December 3, 2008 at 5:27 PM

If I were Chambliss I would have said,

“I sure as heck am glad I’m not running against her. I’d just drop out of the race facing the Cuda.”

AP, you need to embrace CHANGE. If you ever meet Sarah, I hope she passes Trig to you for some real grass-roots bonding.

You’re one of us!

Sapwolf on December 3, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Allah, please.

In the run up to November 4th, we were told it was going to be a rout and a half — some polls had McCain/Palin in the low forties percentage wise. What happened? A win for Obama/Biden, but not a landslide of Reaganic proportion.

Monday night, the ecchspurts were saying “Chambliss by three or four points.” Try 14 points, IOW, the low forties.

And you say, “Eh.” Well, “Eh” yourself.

L.N. Smithee on December 3, 2008 at 6:04 PM

Why is this comment page showing “page 2″ when I can’t even click on “page 1″ when it takes me back to “page 2″? What’s going on. Did page 1 get deleted or what?

Kokonut on December 3, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Haha, notice how Allahpundit puts this thread way down on the page. It will probably be gone by tomorrow. The Murkowski thread (boring as hell, but suits Allah’s anti-Palin stance) is still listed on top.

What a hypocrite

Norwegian on December 3, 2008 at 6:44 PM

Palin will be the next US president in 2012.

Captain America on December 3, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Kokonut on December 3, 2008 at 6:33 PM

What’s the deal here?
Are you seriously censoring this thing?
I can’t quite bring myself to believe that.

silverfox on December 3, 2008 at 8:14 PM

but as an incumbent in a red state

just like those “red states” of Virginia and North Carolina ….

joey24007 on December 3, 2008 at 8:42 PM

Norwegian on December 3, 2008 at 6:44 PM

strange huh

joey24007 on December 3, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Saxby certainly seems to have appreciated her efforts.

Erick at RedState says that the Senator speaking unfavorably about Palin to Politico here is Mel Martinez.

meltenn on December 3, 2008 at 11:16 PM

I only occasionally visit this site anymore primarily because of how annoying Allahpundit is. The videos are interesting but his comments are not credible to me. He’s more of a RINO than people realize.

Weber48IDA on December 4, 2008 at 12:10 AM

AP?

Eh….

Kokonut on December 4, 2008 at 12:13 AM

I don’t know that Chambliss is as conservative as I’d like but I do know that Conservatives need to start calling this crap out more. Whether it’s a blogger on a conservative friendly site… whatever, wherever. Obama won because blacks turned out and we nominated a RINO. I will never vote for a RINO again, for any reason, ever. Charlie Crist, are you listening? Blacks will not turn out in ’10 because BO is not on the ballot; conservatives will. Conservatives will gain seats and if the Republicans have enough sense to nominate a conservative in ’12 ole BO will have his plate full.

Weber48IDA on December 4, 2008 at 12:21 AM

No matter who is in front, we need Sarah, Bobby and Mitt to team up to make sure Huckabee is nowhere near the top tier. Huckabee and McCain drew first blood when they tag teamed against Mitt. We have to keep Huckafraud out of the picture at all costs! Good action hero drama for a You tube series I would love to see.

nemo239 on December 4, 2008 at 12:38 AM

He’s more of a RINO than people realize.

Weber48IDA

I’m not convinced he’s a RINO. I don’t know if he has any allegiances; other than to his own reflection in the mirror.
Nothing of substance with AP. Just snide comments and those aren’t even original.

SKYFOX on December 4, 2008 at 4:59 AM

I would say, commenters, that if you have an issue with the reporting done by Allahpundit that you take it up with his boss.

Having said that, I certainly plan to.

Scott H on December 4, 2008 at 6:53 AM