Heart-ache: America gets Rickrolled

posted at 2:00 pm on November 27, 2008 by Allahpundit

The greatest moment in the history of the Macy’s parade? Obviously so.

The greatest moment in the history of any parade? Debatable, but I’m leaning “yes.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Nick Lowe said it best in “All Men are Liars”

“Do you remember Rick Astley?/ He had a big fat hit that was ghastly / He said I’m never gonna give you up or let you down / Well I’m here to tell ya that Dick’s a clown.”

Wander on November 28, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Hey, I’ve always really liked that song and Rick Astley too. What a great moment in the parade, which I haven’t watched in many years. Merry Christmas, everyone!

RightTurnOnly on November 28, 2008 at 1:59 PM

The best Rick Roll ever.

windbag on November 28, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Wife and I saw that TDay morning off the TiVo and started busting out laughing. Scared the kid – he knows not about the RickRoll.

SkinnerVic on November 28, 2008 at 11:11 PM

Missed this, as kids are not interested in the least in Macy’s parade (it’s old fashioned to them).. saw this video & nearly fell off my couch laughing ! Then, had to explain to my IT guy hubby exactly what rickrolling was. Oh, well.

grasshopper68 on November 29, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Foster’s Home is a wild, clever show, full of humor for all ages(me and my 7 year old are fans)

As for Rick Asley , that is a great song; he has a awesome voice and a great sense of humor to go along with the joke. I have been honored to have been rickrolled a few times.

One last thing, I think God switched the voices on Rick and Aaron Neville.

thebrokenrattle on November 30, 2008 at 4:26 PM

You know? I was Rickrolled once and had NO idea that it was a joke. I just thought the linky was wrong. It was lost on me. And of course, I didn’t watch the parade – in fact had forgotten that there was one…so old fashioned. But now that I understand the joke, I WISH I’d seen it, to appreciate it.

Rick, you’re a sport of the highest caliber!! Love you man!!

tickleddragon on November 30, 2008 at 7:37 PM