Quote of the day

posted at 10:00 pm on November 26, 2008 by Allahpundit

Obama: There’s the belief, certainly in some quarters, that people haven’t embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that they’re going to hell.

Falsani: You don’t believe that?

Obama: I find it hard to believe that my God would consign four-fifths of the world to hell. I can’t imagine that my God would allow some little Hindu kid in India who never interacts with the Christian faith to somehow burn for all eternity. That’s just not part of my religious makeup.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Eh I dont believe that either. *gets struck by lightning*

Dash on November 26, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Not even the Pope believes that. Grow up and get a clue, Obama.

Jim62sch on November 26, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Obama is right in this instance. But a proper understanding of Christianity does include allotments for these folks.

AbaddonsReign on November 26, 2008 at 10:04 PM

Evidently, he believes in a (g)od that is beholden to us to decide how to enforce his judgement. Not much of a diety in my estimation.

CurtZHP on November 26, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Ummmmmmmm………………… what about the babies that survive an abortion and are left in a janitor’s closet to die alone in the cold?

…………. what type of hell would you call that?

Seven Percent Solution on November 26, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Obama: There’s the belief, certainly in some quarters,, that people haven’t embraced Jesus Christ as their personal savior that they’re going to hell.

If God made us [certainly in some quarters] in His image, we [certainly in some quarters] have certainly returned the compliment.
- Voltaire

MB4 on November 26, 2008 at 10:07 PM

…………. what type of hell would you call that?

Seven Percent Solution on November 26, 2008 at 10:06 PM

Well, it would seem that the man does have a certain degree of cognitive dissonance going.

MB4 on November 26, 2008 at 10:09 PM

His god damns amerikkka, though, right?

lorien1973 on November 26, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Ahah, so he’s a Catholic…

ninjapirate on November 26, 2008 at 10:09 PM

That doesn’t seem like too crazy a belief. It’s not like Obama’s church teaches that the U.S. Governement invented AIDS or anything.

BadgerHawk on November 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM

somehow burn for all eternity.

Nowhere does the Bible teach that unrepentant people will be punished forever.
It clearly teaches that the lost will be punished for as long as they deserve, & then they are annihilated.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM

His god damns amerikkka, though, right?

lorien1973 on November 26, 2008 at 10:09 PM

I hate you.

BadgerHawk on November 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Not part of your “religious makeup.”

The messiah has created his own religion with the drones.

If he is an ardent Christian, he would believe Christ is the way to salvation.

jencab on November 26, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Not even the Pope believes that. Grow up and get a clue, Obama.

Jim62sch on November 26, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Probably not Pope Benedict, but I think that Pope Dobson and Pope Huckabee probably do.

MB4 on November 26, 2008 at 10:11 PM

Problem here is that he is dismissing one of the central tenents of Christianity… while saying hes a Christian…

Kinda like the Catholic and Abortion thing… don’t call yerself a Catholic if you don’t follow the tenents of the church…

To me, this is more a case of misrepresentation than anything else… maybe this is why he has not been to church since the election…

Or maybe its because when he sold his soul to get elected… Holy Ground would burn his feet? /sarc

Romeo13 on November 26, 2008 at 10:14 PM

Seven Percent Solution on November 26, 2008 at 10:06 PM

+10

katy on November 26, 2008 at 10:15 PM

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Wow! I feel so much better now.

Tuco on November 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM

yeah, I read an essay from William Golding saying roughly the same thing when I was in college 15 years, what a genius.

rob verdi on November 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM

The Bible teaches throughout that no human has eternal life until he or she trusts in Jesus Christ. Hell is for temporary punishment of mortals, & eternal punishment for fallen angels.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM

The opiate of hellfire is part of the charm of violent cults.

Inshallah.

profitsbeard on November 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM

And then there’s the good Rev. Wright who has spent a lifetime in his belief and its hard to conceive that an aware God wouldn’t be thinking about some consignment of some sort.

Speakup on November 26, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Wow! I feel so much better now.

You would do better to repent & aim for Heaven.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:17 PM

… Rev. Franklin Graham pressed him on this point. Mr. Obama’s answer was similar: he had a hard time believing that his mother, who was not Christian, would be burning in hell.

This led several conservative bloggers to point out that Mr. Obama’s views contradicted a fundamental tenet of Christianity — that salvation comes through Christ.

Joe Carter on Culture11.com questioned whether Mr. Obama had “a true knowledge of Christ.”

Rod Dreher wrote, “It’s the Church of Christianity without Christ. It’s Moralistic Therapeutic Deism, so let’s call it what it is — but not what it is not, which is Christianity.”

Earlier in the year, former Sen. Rick Santorum called Mr. Obama a religious “phony” for the same reason.

Oogedy boogedy.

RightOFLeft on November 26, 2008 at 10:18 PM

First let’s represent the words more accurately with a man how can’t string more than five words together without pause and a search for the teleprompter.

There’s the belief,…………. certainly in some quarters,……………….. that people haven’t embraced…………. Jesus Christ………. as their personal savior……… that they’re going to hell.

More importantly I’m absolutely stunned with this comment:

Christians DO hold that People who haven’t accepted Christ will burn in hell- even hedonistic hosts of HA.

The Christian God WILL consign those who haven’t accepted Christ as their savior to hell. That’s the whole point in sending out missionaries and attempting to plant churches in stony fields!

Conclusion: Obama’s God and faith is not Christian.

highhopes on November 26, 2008 at 10:18 PM

I hate you.

BadgerHawk on November 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful!

lorien1973 on November 26, 2008 at 10:19 PM

You would do better to repent & aim for Heaven.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Nah, personaly I’m holding out for the whole die with a sword in my hand and get a ride to Valhala with a Hot Blonde Valkyrie!

Romeo13 on November 26, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Romeo13 on November 26, 2008 at 10:20 PM

You won’t be laughing on the day you see the one who suffered, died, & rose so that you could be forgiven.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:21 PM

A person who would say such a thing is going to hell.

Simply put, Christians believe that faith in God and Christ, and living a Christian life, will gain one favor with God.

We all have flaws, but to dismiss an entire faith as Hussein guarantees him a seat at Satan’s table with the monster who made the poor 14-year-old girl hang herself.

Burn well, Hussein. Burn well for all eternity.

madmonkphotog on November 26, 2008 at 10:24 PM

I thought they went to limbo.

That is the place where they have to stay and listen to rush limbo for enternity. Right?

ZzzzDad on November 26, 2008 at 10:25 PM

& then they are annihilated deleted.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:10 PM

We must get with the times.

Limerick on November 26, 2008 at 10:25 PM

His Bible also teaches ; “you will know them by their fruit”
meaning does he bear the image of God’s teachings in his life and actions? The debate about whether he is truly a Christian can be found in this teaching. We all sin, but what about those who deliberately and repeatedly violate his teachings? Jesus said “go and sin no more”. Abortion and his belief that leaving babies to die is a no brainer.

katy on November 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

…………. what type of hell would you call that?

Seven Percent Solution on November 26, 2008 at 10:06 PM

That’s above his pay grade.

ddrintn on November 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

What does “religious makeup” mean? I’m of the opinion that Obama’s not personally religious at all and that he goes to church because it’s a political necessity. And I have no problem with that. His religion doesn’t make any difference to me. It’s his policies that I don’t agree with.

meltenn on November 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Don’t hate me cuz I’m beautiful!

lorien1973 on November 26, 2008 at 10:19 PM

This is what it feels like when you beat me in almost every thread. But I shall one day have my vengeange, and you your comeuppance.

BadgerHawk on November 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

He is the son of a muslim, schooled in a madrassa. He doesn’t understand Christianity.

Vashta.Nerada on November 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

Is this the same Obama that still hasn’t been to church since he’s been elected, but has found time for the gym many, many times?

Vanity is a sin, my friend.

jimmy the notable on November 26, 2008 at 10:27 PM

religious makeup

The best description of a politicans “religion” that I have ever read. Nothing but makeup.

29Victor on November 26, 2008 at 10:27 PM

I agree. What a ridiculous idea anyone who is not Christian will suffer eternal

blatantblue on November 26, 2008 at 10:28 PM

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Nah, I’ve already been told that I’m going straight to Hell for my belief structure… heck, I’ll probably be driving the Bus that takes Bambi to He11!

But then again, I don’t try to be somthing I’m not, or force others to my beliefs, through scaring them with eternal damnnation…. or look down my nose at them…. or judge them for their beliefs (now their actions? thats another story).

I’ll take it up with the Creator when I see him…

Romeo13 on November 26, 2008 at 10:29 PM

29Victor on November 26, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Very good point.

Who cares about Obama’s faith anyway? We know he’s willing to lie about just about anything. It’s not a stretch to think he sat in that church, or any church, and didn’t believe a word of it.

BadgerHawk on November 26, 2008 at 10:29 PM

I’m a Christian and I don’t believe God sends everybody to hell who isn’t a Christian, either.

But that’s not the issue. As far as I know, his parents were atheists? And he didn’t attend any church until he got to Chicago, and was told that he should go to a church in order to promote his community activities (and career). And at that time he chose the Rev. Wright church.

My opinion: He believes zilch. Commies don’t.

Alana on November 26, 2008 at 10:29 PM

madmonkphotog on November 26, 2008 at 10:24 PM

You ought pray for BHO. God is able to save him & CHANGE him. God was able to change even wicked King Nebuchadnezzar, wasn’t he?

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
John 14:6

(there ought to be a red-letter function on this blog)

…if Mr. Obama had attended an actual church, not a racist grievance club, he’d've known this.

There are commentaries on top of commentaries on this subject, and people all want to quibble about it…just as they want to quibble about Original Sin, sin in general, and now sexual “orientation” (which makes it sound as if you make decisions about having sex with people depending on which way you’re facing).

…anything to escape the reality of the matter: that Christ is the way and the truth and the life….

…what’ll be done with those who “never interacts with the Christian faith”, who never, ever hear of it? Ultimately, I have no idea. I’d bet, though, that this is why folks have been breaking their backs to send out missionaries, evangelize, translate Scripture, etc.

…outreach, Mr. Worldly Wiseman, might not be just a way of swelling the church’s coffers after all….

Puritan1648 on November 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM

My opinion: He believes zilch. Commies don’t.

Alana on November 26, 2008 at 10:29 PM

This is the conclusion everyone comes to. There’s no reason to believe whatsoever that Barack Obama has any strong beliefs about anything.

The only thing that makes me believe he is a socialist is because the only time that he doesn’t fill his words with 10,000 Uhs is when he’s talking about socialistic type things. Like that audio where he was talking about the lack of “redistributive action” of the courts during the civil rights era. Those are things he believes, so he has no need to mince words.

jimmy the notable on November 26, 2008 at 10:32 PM

Romeo13 on November 26, 2008 at 10:29 PM

If you have kids, surely you have used fear as a motivator?
God loves you–he proved it on the cross. You ought to follow him. Heaven will have many people there, but there’s room for you.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:33 PM

That is an absurd analogy. If a child is never introduced to the teachings of Jesus, then there is no accountability to that child or adult for that matter. How tidy of him to use such an extreme case for universal salvation.

katy on November 26, 2008 at 10:33 PM

BadgerHawk on November 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

My first arch-enemy!

lorien1973 on November 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Obama — master of the straw man, the red herring, the diversion. Stop consigning 80% of the world to hell. Stop saying Obama is a communist or a Muslim. Stop slyly pointing out he doesn’t look like all those other Presidents on the dollar bills. In short, that he’s black. Stop saying he’s someone to be afraid of. Stop the smears. So many smears. Leave the man alone.

Paul-Cincy on November 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM

meltenn on November 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

The problem I would have is wrapping oneself in a certain religiosity for political benefit, and Obama wouldn’t be the first to do that in this mostly-religious country. Other than that, it’s a non-issue. It’s his own business. I can’t make a “window into men’s souls”.

ddrintn on November 26, 2008 at 10:35 PM

In one of O’s moment-of-truth speaches back in the spring he looked straight at the camera and said he was a Christian and ‘believed that Jesus is my savior.’ I about fell over!

This news, however, does not surprize me one bit. His stand on abortion…in particular, his comments at the Saddleback ‘forum’, firmed it all up for me. I’ve been praying for his salvation ever since.

LEBA on November 26, 2008 at 10:35 PM

Leave the man alone.

Paul-Cincy on November 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Why?

katy on November 26, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Conclusion: Obama’s God and faith is not Christian.

highhopes on November 26, 2008 at 10:18 PM

Well, it’s certainly clear that he’s not read very much of the Bible, or even the New Testament.

Jimmie on November 26, 2008 at 10:36 PM

…my religious makeup

…a very telling phrase.

…for Mr. Obama, as with most folks today, religion is about them…it’s not about the Savior, about the congregation, about people in the world…it’s about them, their “religious experience”…it all boils down to God and them…and God might not get top billing….

…it isn’t about universal truth, it would seem…no unchanging, immutable, eternally faithful creator…just the religious or ceremonial musings of a politician from south Chicago…just a deity who’d better behave, who’d better deliver, or we’ll fire him…we’ll have a different, more “rewarding”, more user-friendly religious makeup…we’ll just make up another religion, as many do today….

Puritan1648 on November 26, 2008 at 10:37 PM

I guess you missed the memo. Help is on the way! Why allow hell to confuse the issue when Obama will bring salvation and heaven to earth come January 20th. P.S. Don’t worry about the details.

alternative failures on November 26, 2008 at 10:38 PM

highhopes on November 26, 2008 at 10:18 PM

A child is born on some remote island in the south Pacific. His parents and ancestors have lived their entire lives in seclusion, cultivating the land for food, sharing their bounty with others, living a simple but good life that has never been touched by the teachings of Christianity. This child never lies, cheats or steals, is never disrepectful to his elders and cares for his siblings.

This child knows nothing of Christianity, it’s as foreign to him as an IPod or a photon accelerator. This child has done harm to no one and lived a life as any moral Christian would – except this child has never heard of, or accepted Jesus Christ into his life.

At the age of six this child is tragically killed by a falling tree during a monsoon.

I ask you, does this child go to hell for eternity?

fogw on November 26, 2008 at 10:39 PM

in this mostly-religious country.

If you counted the blasphemies as well as the praises of God that you might hear every day in these United States, which number would be higher?

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:40 PM

religious makeup

Tammy Faye?

James on November 26, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Vanity is a sin, my friend.

jimmy the notable on November 26, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Exactly! Didn’the say he would look for a new church after the election?

Kevin in Southern Illinois on November 26, 2008 at 10:41 PM

in this mostly-religious country.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:40 PM

The blasphemers tend to be louder.

ddrintn on November 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM

The funny thing is I’ve heard President Bush basically say the same thing as Obama, but President Bush is labeled a “religious nut.”

terryannonline on November 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM

fogw on November 26, 2008 at 10:39 PM

katy on November 26, 2008 at 10:33 PM

katy on November 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM

I ask you, does this child go to hell for eternity?

No human suffers in Hell for eternity.
The Bible–Old & New Testament–teaches that no one has eternal life until he or she trusts in Jesus Christ.
The lost will be punished only as much as they deserve.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:43 PM

“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, Jesus Christ, to die on the cross. Whoever believes in Jesus shall not perish, but have everlasting life.” John 3:16

custer on November 26, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Paul-Cincy on November 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM

…I’m sorry…is your “irony key” stuck down? A can of compressed air, a few squirts, and you can share our bitternes….

…the man sold himself, and let himself be sold, as the Great Black Hope, as the Hope of the Western World, as Racial Reconciliation In A Can…vote for Obama, and not only will he go in on your mortgage and top up your tank, he’ll iron out that pesky, fundamentally flawed foundation document we have all come to know and love….

…if he didn’t want to take his chances with the big dogs, he’d've been better to stay up on the porch….

…as with Bush, he’s responsible for everything now…even before he’s sworn in…as he’s allowing folks to throw his weight (and continuing promises) around before inauguration day, he can take the heat for sounding like a big boy….

…the establishment media, his worshipful handlers, and the man himself sold half the country a nobody for president…promising bread and circuses in place of adult responsibilities in the world…too bad when Mr. History knocks on the door, demanding payment….

Leave him alone? It hasn’t even begun yet.

Puritan1648 on November 26, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Well,is anyone surprised,I thought Obama said in some
interviews before the election,and that tidbit speaks
volumes,that the BIBLE WAS HIS FAVORITE NUMBER ONE BOOK!

And,according to Hopey,he even had some favorite passages
from his favorite book,the BIBLE!

So Hopey/Changey, which is it,

there is Heaven or Hell,or there’s not!
——————————————————-

Hopey only pandered about his faith,his favorite book,
the bible to get elected,just like the MSM bashed Mormons,
and Christians in an attempt to divide the Republican Party
during this past Presidential election!

No,the only religion that Hopey/Changey bows to is at the
Alter of Socialism and Liberalism,and from what I’ve seen
lately,the Liberals are getting away with anything they
want with zero repercussions or accountability!!

canopfor on November 26, 2008 at 10:44 PM

The blasphemers tend to be louder.

I love to praise God loudly once in a while.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:44 PM

If you have kids, surely you have used fear as a motivator?

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:33 PM

God I hope not… if its full of the self righteous who say I’m going to Hell based on stories passed down to a few MEN who wrote down anecdotes about a guy who they never met.

But then again, I don’t consider myself a Christian and thus do not have FAITH that the Bible is Holy Writ… so this discussion is moot.

Believe as you will… I will continue to do so myself, and continue to read, and learn, and explore the universe as best as my mind can comprehend….

However, I will still call people hypocrits who say they are One thing… and then act like another…. like our soon to be President.

Romeo13 on November 26, 2008 at 10:44 PM

There’s also a belief, certainly in some quarters, that people [who] haven’t slaughtered an infidel on behalf of their personal savior, that they’re going to hell.

Was that racist of me to say such a thing?

Bishop on November 26, 2008 at 10:44 PM

Paul-Cincy on November 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM

I think it’s entirely fair and appropritate to comment on things the man said in public. I see no problem with discussing his positions on issues, including his own personal, publicly confessed beliefs, as he describes them at different times and in different contexts.

LEBA on November 26, 2008 at 10:44 PM

terryannonline on November 26, 2008 at 10:42 PM

It’s just a more “liberal” outlook and interpretation. I don’t think it’s that big a deal, personally. As I said, I think Obama’s personal religious beliefs are a non-issue. We can’t have religious litmus-tests for high office. Slippery slope.

ddrintn on November 26, 2008 at 10:45 PM

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:16 PM

I would love to believe what you say, but could you please quote me chapter and verse instead of just saying “the Bible teaches”?

Buford Gooch on November 26, 2008 at 10:46 PM

It’s not what he believes folks!,, This is the Messiah, the 0ne we’re talking about. He can make it up as he goes along.

4shoes on November 26, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Paul-Cincy on November 26, 2008 at 10:34 PM

uh… that was Obama himself, slyly saying that my dear.

katy on November 26, 2008 at 10:47 PM

For starters:

Matthew 4:17
Ecclesiastes 12:4-8
Leviticus 7:2,4,11

Bishop on November 26, 2008 at 10:52 PM

I ask you, does this child go to hell for eternity?

fogw on November 26, 2008 at 10:39 PM

…these are deep theological questions, thrashed over by base men and wise, scholars and fools, for nearly two thousand years, and chewed to atoms certainly since the Reformation….

…chewing it further into a paste on a blog will serve no end but to make us all, in the end, sound either like Obama or like the people he imagines us to be….

…Mormons think one thing…one pipes up, and we’re all off down that dusty lane debating Mormonism…Baptists believe another…worldly, non-religious people — and you can be conservative and not religious — believe another…and we’re all ready to debate our pet theories….

…the point here, I think, is that Mr. O claims (for reasons of political appearance, I’m convinced) to be a Christian, and the evidence is mounting that his meter’s moving rapidly to the “hypocrite” end of the spectrum, pegging imminent…and seeing as “hypocrite” is the worst thing you can be according to a leftist, the irony is thick and gooey….

…if we begin throwing stools about like Jenny Geddes (Presbyterian in-joke), we’ll forget that it’s Mr. Obama who claims to be that with which he doesn’t agree….

Puritan1648 on November 26, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Credit where it’s due, I agree with him here.

I carry the personal idea that God is merciful, and will not condemn a good person to hell solely for belief.

On the flip side, I don’t think a murderer gets to go to heaven solely because he asks forgiveness, and declares Jesus Christ as his lord and savior.

I try to live by the Bible, and I trust God to sort these issues out.

Hawkins1701 on November 26, 2008 at 10:54 PM

You know, it’s funny. I am an athiest, and the only thing I respect about Islam is their absolute belief that they are right and all the others are wrong. You absolutely never hear a muslim speak like this.
If you think their are other ways to heaven, why bother with Christ? Just pick whichever one you like best.

redshirt on November 26, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Look at these many chapters & verses:

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Barack rather goes to the gym than worship in church!

He comes up with a lame excuse that his presence will disrupt church proceedings.

Oh please.

jencab on November 26, 2008 at 10:58 PM

I ask you, does this child go to hell for eternity?

fogw on November 26, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Well that certainly is an open question. God knew all even before we were born. In your hypothetical to the point of being absurd scenerio, the actors never had been introduced to Christ’s saving grace but God’s plan was already there.

Your scenerio also suggests that these utterly isolated humans don’t have any views about faith, a higher being, or an afterlife. If that is truly the case, I’d suggest they really fall in the same catagory who have heard God’s message and rejected it.

highhopes on November 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Puritan1648 on November 26, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Um. YES. That.

LEBA on November 26, 2008 at 11:00 PM

fogw on November 26, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Your premise has been argued for decades without a clear cut answer. I went to a 4 year Bible College that was pretty conservative in their views and this was worth a few days of discussion.

However, in our modern times, there are fewer and fewer place on earth where this possibility exist.

There are many people who know “of” Jesus, but fewer know Jesus. Many people know “of” George Washington, but don’t know him personally. That is the big question for all of humanity.

Too many Americans claim to be Christians because they know “of” Jesus, but have never taken that leap of faith to make the Lord Jesus Christ their personal Lord and Savior. It is a simple thing, but it does have eternal consequences.

ny59giants on November 26, 2008 at 11:01 PM

I love Reagan, but I believe he used that “lame excuse” too.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 11:01 PM

1 John 5:11-12

11. And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life.

Crux Australis on November 26, 2008 at 11:03 PM

You would do better to repent & aim for Heaven.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 10:17 PM

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.
- Mark Twain

MB4 on November 26, 2008 at 11:06 PM

The man is clearly a hypocrite to make such a statement and call himself a Christian. And I’m an atheist, for all intents and purposes. He’s no more a Christian than I’m a Muslim if that’s what he really believes.

flipflop on November 26, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Buck Ofama. He will never give a straight answer.

R D on November 26, 2008 at 11:10 PM

he’s a liberal theologian

jediwebdude on November 26, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Heres the perky Katie couric interview,
where she asks Changless his favorite book!

Hopey claims the Bible shaped him,at the 1:50 mark!

Oh,and notice how friendly the interview is with Couric!

canopfor on November 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company.

Wrong answer.
God’s people are the kindest, most generous, most forgiving, most loving group on Earth, & in my opinion the most fun, too.

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Not even the Pope believes that. Grow up and get a clue, Obama.

Jim62sch on November 26, 2008 at 10:03 PM

Bingo!

Zorro on November 26, 2008 at 11:13 PM

ny59giants on November 26, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Yet they do exist, and over the past 2000 years or so, they’ve existed in great numbers. The “hypothetical” scenario is not only a valid one, but a highly likely one. It’s one of the reasons I rejected the doctrine a long time ago.

flipflop on November 26, 2008 at 11:15 PM

That’s above his pay grade.

ddrintn on November 26, 2008 at 10:26 PM

+10

Kini on November 26, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Hey, have faith!

……….. even Bill Clinton found Christ when he was impeached. Remember those shots of him in the White House at night with his “Preacher” through the window?

I am sure that the MSM had nothing to do with that, so I offer the following……………..

……….. let’s see how the Inauguration goes, you know, when he has to put his hand on the Bible, or will it be that other book?

By the way, I may have missed it, but unlike President Bush, and only in the big speeches, he really doesn’t say “God Bless the United States, and God Bless You All” that often, does he?

Will he be someone who truly holds a Belief in his heart, or what the Hollywood producers are preparing him for now?

Seven Percent Solution on November 26, 2008 at 11:15 PM

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes.
- Gene Roddenberry

MB4 on November 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM

jgapinoy on November 26, 2008 at 11:12 PM

and most Humble as well….

Hey… MB4… I’ll bring the stogies if you bring the booze! We can trade anecdotes with Twain, and throw crap at Hitler…

Romeo13 on November 26, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Men rarely, if ever, manage to dream up a God superior to themselves. Most Gods have the manners and morals of a spoiled child.
- Robert A. Heinlein

MB4 on November 26, 2008 at 11:17 PM

So, he is now a Biblical expert? The press would have attacked G.W.Bush for making any sort of religious pronunciation at all no matter the context. For The One, they marvel at his perspicacity!

Warner Todd Huston on November 26, 2008 at 11:17 PM