Obama: Le change, c’est moi

posted at 2:00 pm on November 26, 2008 by Allahpundit

He has The Vision. It’s just that The Vision happens to involve lots and lots of Clinton appointees, with an occasional Bush appointee and negligent Wall Street supervisor tossed in.

The best part of this clip? His ode to … Beltway experience. “Change” is a nuanced concept indeed, my friends.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

HOPE AND CHANGE! without the change

Rogue on November 26, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Gotta add a link to Iowahawk’s latest, AP. Fits like a glove.

Pasalubong on November 26, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Heard Rush talking about this over lunch. This clown is repeatedly confirming how right I was about him being an empty suit.

He is everything the libtards claimed Bush was.

cntrlfrk on November 26, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Haha– I loved the first bite Rush played of the reporter asking him the change question and he (Obama) goes, “Wait, wait, wait! That’s not the topic here!”

Pasalubong on November 26, 2008 at 2:06 PM

Here comes the two legs bad better Orwellian switcheroo. LOL!

Caper29 on November 26, 2008 at 2:06 PM

HOPE AND CHANGE! without the change

Rogue on November 26, 2008 at 2:03 PM

And d*mn little hope.

johnsteele on November 26, 2008 at 2:06 PM

So “change” has its own special definition in the Obama English Dictionary. Cute.

HotAirJosef on November 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Oh…..I get it! Obama will be directing the former incompetents himself, thereby making them magically competent.
I fell so much better now!
/sarc off

Badger40 on November 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM

“…no experience in Washington whatsoever…”
“…no experience in government whatsoever…”
“…vision for change, comes from, first and foremost, comes from me…”

He’s appointing people who know what they are doing, because he doesn’t know what he’s doing. I guess admitting that is the first step.

forest on November 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM

What is the psychology of all the seals and signs and logos? “Office of the President-Elect”?

Akzed on November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

HotAirJosef on November 26, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Just like Bill’s ‘special’ definitions about sex.

Badger40 on November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Don’t gloat, my friends, he could do a snap turn to the far left at any moment after feeling power, even if it comes to him through the puppeteer’s strings.

Remember Putin?

stonemeister on November 26, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Akzed on November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Simple, its all about The Obama™

johnsteele on November 26, 2008 at 2:09 PM

How long before the Democrats realize what a fraud he is and turn on him? Probably never, but the possibility of Obama having to play the race card on his own constituency sends a thrill up my leg.

RightOFLeft on November 26, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Badger40 on November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

You beat me to it.

Akzed on November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

They came up with the signs and logos in order to give a lightweight politician and now a non-existant government position GRAVITAS.

kingsjester on November 26, 2008 at 2:10 PM

Open your wallets and give us your CHANGE!

Good Lt on November 26, 2008 at 2:12 PM

I had to laugh when Barry explained the appointments of so many Clintonistas to his administration [paraphrasing] ……

“They bring experience with them, and fresh thinking

“.

Stale minds rarely bring fresh thinking to the table. The last thing we need is a Clinton do-over.

fogw on November 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM

About the only thing – perhaps the only thing – good about the inauguration is we won’t have to see that offensive, stupid seal anymore!

I would bid for it – and that dang podium – on Ebay just for the privilege of torching it!

kybowexar on November 26, 2008 at 2:13 PM

Obambi said it’s normal and wise for him to choose his people who have plenty of experience in D.C. and no one should be surprised to see these appointments. If he truly believes in what he said, shouldn’t he just give up his job to either Hillary or McCain since Obambi has ZERO excecutive experience and the other two have more experiences than him. Or even worse, he should give the top job to Biden. Well so much for the Hope of Change. :(

poxoma on November 26, 2008 at 2:15 PM

HOPE AND CHANGE! without the change hope

Rogue on November 26, 2008 at 2:03 PM

repaired

DarkCurrent on November 26, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Remember Putin?

stonemeister on November 26, 2008 at 2:09 PM

Never far from my thoughts.
Even then, none of this undoes the damage of his foreign policy doormat impression during the campaign.

Count to 10 on November 26, 2008 at 2:18 PM

There is no Hope and Change. Oceania has never promised Hope and Change.

However, should Oceania deem it necessary to provide Hope and Change, it will be found at the Ministry of Truth.

OhEssYouCowboys on November 26, 2008 at 2:18 PM

The Vision.

lodge on November 26, 2008 at 2:19 PM

He’s just getting things set up for all of the “Present” votes he’s going to making over the next four years.

God help us.

Sugar Land on November 26, 2008 at 2:19 PM

C.H.A.N.G.E. =

Clinton
Holdovers
Accepting
New
Government
Employment

OK. That worked out a little too well. I’m gonna stop this now.

:-D

Good Lt on November 26, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Akzed on November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Obama is the President-elect formerly known as hopeandchange.

chunderroad on November 26, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Good Lt, well done.

One revision …. Holdovers Hacks

fogw on November 26, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Am going Koo Koo!! Let me bang my head on the counter top!!

I have fallen and can’t get out!

sheebe on November 26, 2008 at 2:24 PM

That money quote, “change comes from me” will come in very useful in the next four years. That part of the clip will get lots of play.

In fact, it is very rare that a president uses the word “me” in that context when speaking to the public. That’s his narcissism showing.

keep the change on November 26, 2008 at 2:27 PM

C.H.A.N.G.E. =

Clinton
Holdovers
Accepting
New
Government
Employment

OK. That worked out a little too well. I’m gonna stop this now.

:-D

Good Lt on November 26, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Ok , now explain H.O.P.E.

the_nile on November 26, 2008 at 2:29 PM

Oh, I get it. Obama is the idea man. He will tell his team what his vision is after he bones up on his Alinsky, confers with Ayers, Wright, and Soros, and refreshes himself on the fine points of what a post-American world will be like.

Wow! He is so measured and thoughtful when he spins like a top. His buddy has all that he can do by spinning like a ballerina. Just who will play the role of the Sugar Plum Fairy?

Where is Biden hiding? (“Stand up, Joe!”) Who won his senatorial seat in Delaware? Or did he win both positions?

onlineanalyst on November 26, 2008 at 2:30 PM

If he’s Change, then I’m Spartacus.

Oh wait, they all got crucified. I’m not Spartacus. Never heard of him. You got the wrong guy, I tell ya.

ExUrbanKevin on November 26, 2008 at 2:33 PM

Clinton
Holdovers
Accepting
New
Government
Employment

OK. That worked out a little too well. I’m gonna stop this now.

:-D

Good Lt on November 26, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Hope

Heil
Ordained
Pathetically
Experienced

audiotom on November 26, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Alternate H.O.P.E

His
Obamajesty’s
Pretend
Experience

Good Lt on November 26, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Where are all of the black appointees????? Jesse J. and Al S. must be furious. This is not the black president they thought he was. His appointees are 99% white. He is a man of deception on many fronts: change, hope, pro-black, etc…

jediwebdude on November 26, 2008 at 2:44 PM

Hope

Hardly
Objective
Pretend
Emporer

audiotom on November 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM

There’s no basement in the Alamo and there’s no “Office of the President Elect”.

Everyone point and laugh.

Republigal on November 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Yes, his inexperience IS showing.

Staff IS Policy. He cannot run the entire government, his policy will be based upon the both the information given and recomendations from his staff… and how they execute his “Vision”.

Thats just plain how it works in ANY Large organization.

Romeo13 on November 26, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Internet meme-ish H.O.P.E:

Hahahaha
OMG
Pwned
Entitlements!@!

Good Lt on November 26, 2008 at 2:47 PM

Vision?? WTF?? Vision is nothing without execution and he has zero demonstrable evidence that he’s successfully executed on any initiative. Wait, there was his work to help public schools in Chicago. Almost forgot what a shining example of executing a vision of improving education that is: FAILED. Oh and there’s also the 130 or so “present” votes as a state senator that drove forward his vision for the state. If that’s not a solid example of execution in realizing a vision, I don’t know what is. Okay, so I don’t exactly know what vision can be executed on doing nothing, but then I’m from that old school of action rather than words.

And…what’s with this panzy-ass light blue seal he has?? Weak! Cut me and I bleed red, white and blue…and I spit 5-point stars!! Light blue is for sissies.

timajin on November 26, 2008 at 2:50 PM

I finally figured it out… He’s “hoping” to “change” our county into a third world nation by using already proven destroyers in his administration.

sadatoni on November 26, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Does anyone remember Bill Clinton being more interested in fund raising and campaigning throughout his two terms?

……… and now we have the Clinton staff back in action for Mr. Obama, President Elect, the Office of.

Where do you think this is going to go?

Seven Percent Solution on November 26, 2008 at 2:54 PM

C.H.A.N.G.E

Captain
Hopeiness
Always
Needs
Good
Excuses

Good Lt on November 26, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Plus ca change, plus c’est la meme chose.

Buy Danish on November 26, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Seven Percent Solution on November 26, 2008 at 2:54 PM

I expect the re-election office to open 1/22/2009.

Cindy Munford on November 26, 2008 at 3:06 PM

Pretty soon the new sound you hear outside your window will be that made by the idiots who voted for him ripping the stickers off their cars. Change my ass … this clown thinks job creation means recycling failed leftist rejects. What an embarassment!

Dukehoopsfan on November 26, 2008 at 3:07 PM

Vision?? WTF?? Vision is nothing without execution

Which is why he has surrounded himself with relatively non-ideological technocrats who know how to execute an agenda. There are a couple of falsehoods on your side that need to be rectified.

1. “Obama is an empty suit just like Bush was.”
So silly. Bush never had a vision for how the Administration should work until 9/11. Does anyone remember the Bush Administration prior to 9/11? He passed tax cuts, No Child left Behind and then he went on vacation. We were all wondering if Colin Powell would go to the UN racism conference. Obama has clearly demonstrated that he wants to be prepared to enact a progressive domestic agenda from moment one. He has proposed a WPA style stimulus program rooted around infrastructure renewal. Are conservatives now claiming that American infrastructure is up to date just to smear Obama, whatever.

2. Obama ran on “change” and now he’s praising Washington experience.
Ridiculous. Melody Barnes and Christina Romer (the other half of his economic team) are not old Washington hands. Janet Nepolitano as head of homeland security? Not a Washington hand. As he said today he wants to merge experienced hands with new perspective. I might also add that if you’ve been following the work of Paul Volcker and Larry Summers you know that their ideologies have shifted significantly since they were first in Washington. Volcker especially has basically said that free unregulated markets don’t work and that it’s important for big government to provide boundaries for the worst impulses withing capitalism, i.e. progressivism.

3. “Vision” doesn’t mean anything.
First of all no one who thinks Palin would be a good Prez can say this with a straight face. What you really mean is that I’m upset that THIS visionary leader doesn’t agree with me. Also the President isn’t a technocrat, Obama may be the wonkiest Prez in a while actually. The President sets the mission and a strong President demands that those under him execute that mission. If you followed the Obama campaign you know that this man was involved in every part of his campaign. Writing more of his speeches than any other candidate, most importantly A More Perfect Union and modeling his fundraising operation around an organizing perspective that HE brought to the campaign.

Why people think his egomaniacal control over his own campaign would lessen once elevated to Presidency is a mystery to me. Basically your HOPE is that Obama will prove to be weak willed, when the man has shown nothing but the opposite of that the entire campaign.

DeathToMediaHacks on November 26, 2008 at 3:10 PM

Vision?? WTF??

timajin on November 26, 2008 at 2:50 PM

I agree – WTF? Obama is not a very confidence-inspiring speaker, is he? Nothing but empty rhetoric.

I recently saw a very good slogan on the sign in front of a local church that said, “Vision without action is a daydream; action without vision is a nightmare.”

Not sure which of those the Obama presidency is going to be, but I’m not seeing that he has much of a vision.

UltimateBob on November 26, 2008 at 3:12 PM

Vision??
Myopic Marxist megalomaniacs have no vision. They see only thier own reflection smiling back at them. This big-eared freak needs a time-out. Excuse me…President-elect big eared freak.

SKYFOX on November 26, 2008 at 3:13 PM

With Barry, it’s all about the “c’est moi”.

pseudonominus on November 26, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Akzed on November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

They originated with non-politicals in charge of providing logistical support for the presidential transition.

manwithblackhat on November 26, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Badger40 on November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

I was afraid of that.

HotAirJosef on November 26, 2008 at 3:23 PM

He has the Vision? Did he just open his eyes? Or is it the Ghost of Christmas Past?

Isaac Newton once said that he was able to see far by standing on the shoulders of giants. This mental midget will need lots of giants to see anything.

No doubt, the Obama Presidency will be the Puppeteer and Pinocchio (with a very long nose) Show. The problem will be finding out who is who.

Steve Z on November 26, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Akzed on November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

He doesn’t know what “Office” means. He thinks it just means a room with a desk and a chair in it.

mr.blacksheep on November 26, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Light blue is for sissies.
timajin on November 26, 2008 at 2:50 PM

Baby blue.

pambi on November 26, 2008 at 3:27 PM

The American people didn’t seem troubled electing Obama, as inexperienced he is! His slip (yet again) is showing, but it goes ignored.

geckomon on November 26, 2008 at 3:30 PM

keep the change on November 26, 2008 at 2:27 PM

What would you expect from a him? He’s never even had a real job (at least not one with any real responsibility or accountability), so probably isn’t that conscious of such subtleties.

mr.blacksheep on November 26, 2008 at 3:33 PM

geckomon on November 26, 2008 at 3:30 PM

LOL, but the Emporer has no slip… just his invisible wardrobe…

Romeo13 on November 26, 2008 at 3:34 PM

I’ll try to think my new president is trying to do the right thing as best he can, but I don’t think it will ever dawn on him just how ironic those remarks were.

scalleywag on November 26, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Akzed on November 26, 2008 at 2:08 PM

Same as the psychology of old cowboys with tiny “appendages” who liked to wear giant belt buckles: I believe it’s called overcompensation.

AZCoyote on November 26, 2008 at 3:48 PM

L’etat, c’est moi

notagool on November 26, 2008 at 4:04 PM

scalleywag on November 26, 2008 at 3:44 PM

geckomon on November 26, 2008 at 4:04 PM

AZCoyote on November 26, 2008 at 3:48 PM

I guess I have to take your word for that data. heh.

geckomon on November 26, 2008 at 4:07 PM

“When will he realize that he does not pass the requirements that he asks of those applying for his administration?”

He doesn’t pass the requirements for any job. He never had a real one, never managed anyone, never ran a business, never created a product. Never passed a bill, never brokered a compromise, never wrote a law.

But now the fate of the country depends on his judgement.

Lord help us.

notagool on November 26, 2008 at 4:10 PM

I haven’t had the chance to read all of the comments here yet so maybe I’ll be repeating. I happened to catch some of this on TV, some bullet points.
There’s no such thing as the Office of the President-Elect-this ass is a huge egomaniac, maybe worse than we thought.
How many press conferences have past “President-Elects” had-this ass is on TV all the time making regal announcements.
I expected this ass to announce that Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams were going to be on his Committee of Economic Geniuses-Suuurrrre.
How long will the fawning press put up with his stammering and stuttering and refusing to answer certain questions?

Jeff on November 26, 2008 at 4:26 PM

I’d be more likely to watch a clip from “The View.”

Professor Blather on November 26, 2008 at 4:34 PM

I’m sorry Professor Blather, but on a list of things I’d like to do, water-boarding is higher than watching “The View”.

Jeff on November 26, 2008 at 4:41 PM

The walnut shells and the pea move round and round.

Limerick on November 26, 2008 at 4:44 PM

He has The Vision, but is apparently going to rely on retread brains to put it into action. I think I’ve seen this Vision before.

ddrintn on November 26, 2008 at 4:55 PM

The walnut shells and the pea move round and round.

Limerick on November 26, 2008 at 4:44 PM

I’m reminded of a photoshop either allah or ace (or some moron) did that had this picture of BBixby in front of some protesters or somesuch.

Kai on November 26, 2008 at 5:03 PM

L’etat, c’est moi

notagool on November 26, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Apres moi, la deluge!

OldEnglish on November 26, 2008 at 6:12 PM

Bwaaaaaaaaa!

“Understand where the vision for change comes from … it comes from Me!” Oh, man, what a clown. Thank goodness that whomever is pulling the strings on this puppet clown likes governing from the middle, and people who already know where the cafeteria and the bathrooms are.

Except, of course, for Pinocchio himself.

Jaibones on November 26, 2008 at 6:25 PM

Hussein is a total liar.

He’ll sell out his own mother… OH WAIT! He already did.

madmonkphotog on November 26, 2008 at 7:16 PM

So if I understand Obama correctly, he, the one with no experience, will make up sh**. Then it will be the job of his so-called experts to make his sh** happen. Now that’s some sh** we can believe in.

Dee2008 on November 26, 2008 at 7:19 PM

Uhm, the Left is still waiting for change. They will keep waiting.

nor on November 26, 2008 at 7:41 PM

I guess someday we’ll look back at this one-act play and think of it as “Obama and the Excuserati* play president“!

Some people thought the Obambi was for “Hope and change“…
he is actually for “Hype and Run“!**

*Excuserati: Obambi’s cast of excuse-makers, including the press, his minions, and his mindless crowd of roadies.

**”Hype and Run”: Hype Obambi’s involvement in solving problems and Run from the disastrous results of his meddling

landlines on November 26, 2008 at 8:35 PM

HOPE

Hey
Obama
Please
Exit!!

Kevin in Southern Illinois on November 26, 2008 at 9:49 PM

His podium seal is dopey looking, like a high school president. I guess tonight on Baba Wawa he says he’s impatient that he can’t start for another 60 days, like he wants Bush to step down down or something. Nerve!

PattyJ on November 26, 2008 at 10:55 PM

The guy who has NEVER been held accountable is going to hold the Federal government accountable?

Oh yeah…..ROFL.

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on November 26, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Those seals are like something out of an old Airplane movie.

Has anyone told him he’s won, and that the cultists don’t need that cr@p anymore?

He’s is a CARICATURE….we live in World Bizzaaro!

ex-Democrat on November 26, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Reminds me of Nixon’s ‘secret’ plan to end the war in Viet Nam. Barry has a ‘secret’ vision that will save the economy. Why me worry?

snaggletoothie on November 26, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Fresh thinking from stale brains ?

Lets see how he pulls that one off !

macncheez on November 27, 2008 at 12:01 AM

H How
O Obama
P Punked
E Everybody

macncheez on November 27, 2008 at 12:03 AM

How long before the Democrats realize what a fraud he is and turn on him?

You mean dems DID NOT KNOW what a fraud he is ?
Why else did they nominate him? And what was the MeanStreet Media covering-up all these days?

macncheez on November 27, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Hold
Overs from
Executive

hillbillyjim on November 27, 2008 at 12:37 AM

President Obama Introduces the Third Term of the Clinton Administration!

theflyonthewall on November 27, 2008 at 2:27 AM

Obama got the Juche!!!!

n0doz on November 27, 2008 at 2:31 AM

Opportunist. Last night on Fox business some idiot Obama person was yammering about how the whole India attack was just another use of the fear card…to which Cavuto responded that people are really dying and the election is over so stop it with the campaign crap. And it is true, the Democrat was trying her best to tie the economy to Iraq while people are really being killed and Obama is really appointing all sorts of hawks to national security posts. Lame.

Terrye on November 27, 2008 at 7:52 AM

Barry and the Retreads. Here’s the “CHANGE” – Clinton Obama Administration

marklmail on November 27, 2008 at 8:19 AM

Hey Barry, guess what? Your not the freakin President yet.

The election needs to be certified, then you need to swear in there buddy.

He can quit playing President until its verified he qualifies.

The President who kicked Taliban and Saddams butts is still in office.

johnnyU on November 27, 2008 at 8:34 AM

Ok , now explain H.O.P.E.

H-Help