Video: Palin rocked by Turkeygate

posted at 10:07 pm on November 20, 2008 by Allahpundit

Starts cute, then takes a turn at around 2:30. Pay attention to the mocking chyrons as the video rolls, which are par for the course on this network for this particular politician. They could have and should have treated this lightly, as a shared laugh at a goofy moment, but Shuster’s tone at the very end says it all.

Adding to the discomfort: Hearing the ‘Cuda repeatedly utter the word “amnesty.” Shudder.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

I LOL’d.

She said “No worries”, Shuster, because it’s a frikkin turkey. I wish I was getting one that fresh.
A**wipe.

SouthernDem on November 21, 2008 at 9:35 AM

Can we just stop calling MSNBC a “news” organization when it comes to things political???

EasyEight on November 21, 2008 at 9:38 AM

Anybody have a link to this video? For some reason I can’t see it.

Zetterson on November 21, 2008 at 9:38 AM

I thought it was kinda funny actually.

vcferlita on November 21, 2008 at 9:43 AM

That was freakin’ hilarious.

Sefton on November 21, 2008 at 9:53 AM

I wanna see someone feeding Olberman into that contraption.
Now THAT would be funny.

Sefton on November 21, 2008 at 9:56 AM

I just had to fix that rambling sentence…

karl9000 on November 21, 2008 at 10:02 AM

Is it just my imagination, or did the turkey just kind of fade into existence there. Also, why is the guy in the background in focus?

Count to 10 on November 21, 2008 at 10:03 AM

You mean that someone actually KILLED that turkey that I’m planning to eat for Thanksgiving?!?! Thank God MSNBC did an expose on this NeoChristianist practice of slaughtering food before one eats it.

patriette on November 21, 2008 at 10:04 AM

wanna see someone feeding Olberman into that contraption.
Now THAT would be funny.

Sefton on November 21, 2008 at 9:56 AM

There’s definitely some other folks that could use a trip through that contraption!

BTW- only people who don’t know where their food comes from get all worked up about crap like this.

Badger40 on November 21, 2008 at 10:11 AM

Its ok. She can come to my house and cook all she wants.

johnnyU on November 21, 2008 at 10:14 AM

This is kinda why I may not be the best candidate for some higher offices. Me: “Oh, No! I’m gonna eat this one!”

I got me a 137 pound turkey. I just put it in the oven, should be ready by Thursday.

patriette on November 21, 2008 at 10:04 AM

Eh, the libz talked it to death.

Mazztek on November 21, 2008 at 10:14 AM

wow … what a hottie!

lol

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 10:17 AM

I love Sarah!

That guy on the other hand really is an idiot.

Now, I’m a little squeemish; I admit it. If I had to kill my own food, I’m not sure I wouldn’t be vegetarian. Of course, I’ve never been really hungry.

That said, I know exactly where meat comes from. I definitely tell my children. They have a fascination for what meat comes from what animal. My daughter gets a little sad about it, which I think is okay. I want her to care for and appreciate the creatures God gave us. One day, she decided she would be vegetarian. She was 9 I think. It lasted half a meal. She said she wished she could be, but meat just tasted too good.

My son, 8, likes the show Survivor Guy. We record it for him and he was watching it at lunch just the other day. Survivor Guy killed a rabit and skinned it right there on TV and they didn’t blur it out. My son was sitting there, knawing his hot wings, eyes glued to the TV. My daughter shrieked, “Mom, do we have to watch this? We’re eating!” I let her turn it off, while they were eating but told her it was good, because my son can feed us if we ever need it.

Allahpundit on November 21, 2008 at 12:54 AM

Thank you.

“As God is my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!!!” — Arthur Carlson, WKRP in Cincinnati
DSchoen on November 21, 2008 at 1:19 AM

ROTFLMFAO! Best Sitcom episode ever. I’ll never forget my father gut laughing to the point I literaly thought he would die. He still can’t say that line so that you can understand it, for laughing so hard, and it comes up every Thanksgiving. I love it.

pannw on November 21, 2008 at 10:22 AM

You mean turkeys aren’t born frozen with those little thermometers in them? Shocking.

Ronnie on November 21, 2008 at 10:24 AM

The way I look at this, Sarah Palin is showing how she can deal with the liberals now that she doesn’t have the McShame handlers bugging her

MNDavenotPC on November 21, 2008 at 10:24 AM

Any one growing up in the ’30′s and 40′s remember that the chickens and turkeys didn’t come fully dressed (plucked) to the grocery. You went to a poultry house if you didn’t raise them. Mom and grandma would wring their necks in the back yard ot use a butcher knife. Where the hell does Schuester think his steak comes from? The steak tree? I’ll love and support SARAH to the livin’ end and those namby pamby talking heads can go to hell!

Herb on November 21, 2008 at 10:36 AM

I hope the “SarahCuda” can get the turkey poop off her shoes and clothes! She has a sense of humor–and gets trashed for it. If this were the O’Bummer pardoning the White House turkey it would be another “Messiah” moment. I think turkeys will soon be a protected species–there are so many of them in congress, and coming soon to our White House in the new U.S.S.A.

John Bibb

rocketman on November 21, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Allah :

The common people flocked in crowds to look at her and speak with her and her fair loveliness won the half of their beleif, and her deep earnestness and transparent sincerity won the other half. The well-to-do remained away and scoffed, but that is their way.

This nugget was written by none other than Mark Twain and he wrote it about Joan of Arc. She also was accused of witchcraft as you may recall. If you would have your way you would build a fire around her and strike the first match. Please move on to other issues.

Fuquay Steve on November 21, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Fuquay Steve on November 21, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Thanks for that quote, it really fits Sarah Palin.

right2bright on November 21, 2008 at 10:59 AM

WOW!
Shuster is such a wuss!

edgehead on November 21, 2008 at 10:59 AM

We don’t eat turkey for Thanksgiving (simply because no one likes the taste very much), but we do eat beef, lobster, shrimp, and sometimes chicken (we make fondue)! Heck, we eat that all the time, and I don’t ever remember hearing about a cow or a chicken getting “amnesty!”

This reminds me of the time we took the kids to the Virginia Zoo, where there’s a farm exhibit. My daughter was asking about the cow, and I told her that’s where all the hamburgers and steaks that we eat come from (and that there was a lot of wasted food lounging around that exhibit). There was a family (mother,6-7yo daughter, father) next to us, and while the father laughed, the mother was left to console her child. She angrily commented that until then, her child did not need to know where her food came from. Um, duh. We don’t hunt or live on a farm, but at least my kids know where their meals come from, and don’t have a problem with it!

And, I still love Palin.

Anna on November 21, 2008 at 11:00 AM

awesome quote

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 11:00 AM

Are people really shocked to find out where their Thanksgiving turkeys come from?

I raise my own chickens and Thanksgiving turkeys. I kill, pluck, dress, and cook them myself. Last years turkey was 31 pounds. Her name . . . T, for Thanksgiving. We all knew (the kids included) what she was there for.

This year my mother-in-law is doing the turkey. Oh well, less work on Thanksgiving eve night for me I guess.

thomashton on November 21, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Fuquay Steve on November 21, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Thanks for that quote, it really fits Sarah Palin.

right2bright on November 21, 2008 at 10:59 AM

the_nile on November 21, 2008 at 11:04 AM

What a bunch of freaking loons. Talk about being out of touch with reality. Where do people think the turkeys in the grocery store come from? They aren’t bred headless and plucked. That method of killing them is probably more humane than the historical way of chopping off their heads with an axe.

katiejane on November 21, 2008 at 11:04 AM

I can’t wait to have the FoxNews WhiteHouse rosegarden press conference where President Obama is speaking about being vigilant and looking out for terrorists. Meanwhile in the background, Al Queda, & Hamas are poking their heads out from behind the rose bushes and hiding behind the portellos of the WhiteHouse.

portlandon on November 21, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Does that guy have any clue where the food on his plate comes from?
Does he think it’s born already cut up and nicely shrink-wrapped in plastic at the grocery store?

Most of us have simply become way too far removed from the ways our food is produced.

reine.de.tout on November 21, 2008 at 11:23 AM

The best part was when she was asked if spending projects would now be on “the chopping block”! LOL!!!

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 11:24 AM

It’s an educational moment brought to you by the Guv. I’m sure those who are intending this for her embarrasment will be dining on one of our fine-feathered friend sometime next week.
*chews**spits*

CynicalOptimist on November 21, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Awesome!

Bizzy on November 21, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Turducken!

CynicalOptimist on November 21, 2008 at 11:29 AM

In my now familiar bloviating fashion I state:

SARA, I LOVE YOU!

(shortest post since joining)

Mark Garnett on November 21, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Was that real??? Of course, it had to have been (that was definitely Palin), but if I had been shown that on the pretext that it was a spoof, I would have believed it. What kind of a news source is MSNBC?

Ridiculous.

Aronne on November 21, 2008 at 11:37 AM

I just watched it again and I love the part at the beginning of her pardon when she says, “I Sarah Palin, friend to all creatures great and small…” and then she elbows the Turkey farm owner. LOL I think she was poking fun at the liberals criticism of her for shooting animals. HA.

Have I said that I love Sarah? LOVE HER!

pannw on November 21, 2008 at 11:40 AM

I was just on the Laura Ingraham show and explained the killing cone. So cool!!

AubieJon on November 21, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Gawd! I love Sarah Palin.

If you are going to be at a turkey farm, don’t pretend that they all die of natural causes. One was pardoned, but the others get it in the neck. This is how it is done. Might as well be up-front about it. No worries.

Other politicians might lie or hide the truth, but you can trust Sarah Palin to give it to you straight, in all matters, great and small. Gotta love it.

I am sure this MSNBC idiot will sit down at his Thanksgiving table confident that his turkey was delivered by the Turkey Fairies, and no acutal turkeys were harmed in the preparation of his meal.

gridlock2 on November 21, 2008 at 11:44 AM

That cracked me up.

marklmail on November 21, 2008 at 11:44 AM

LOL – I just noticed the elbow also!

If God didn’t want us to eat animals, then why are they made of tasty meat?

Jim62sch on November 21, 2008 at 11:45 AM

portlandon on November 21, 2008 at 11:21 AM

pffft they’ll be his chef and limo driver, are you kiddin?

johnnyU on November 21, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Of course it didn’t bother her, they field dress moose as a family event!!!

GO SARAH!!! You rock!

Liberals can stuff themselves with tofurkey!

rightwingmom on November 21, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Schuster should be forced to be a vegan for the rest of his life. Just to protect his integrity as a reporter.

connertown on November 21, 2008 at 11:50 AM

The only thing that would have made this video better is if Sarah Palin had whipped out an axe and lopped the head of a bird on live TV.

I don’t want politicians hiding the truth from me. I love Sarah Palin.

gridlock2 on November 21, 2008 at 11:54 AM

So Bush was bad for carrying a plastic turkey (even though it was a real turkey). Now Palin’s bad because a real turkey died. Whatever works, I guess.

Jim Treacher on November 21, 2008 at 11:55 AM

I don’t want politicians hiding the truth from me. I love Sarah Palin.

gridlock2 on November 21, 2008 at 11:54 AM

lol … well there were alot of things Palin could have done to make the video better

bow chica wow wow

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 11:55 AM

She field dresses moose she shoots herself. You think a little turkey harvesting is gonna faze her? Or the average Alaskan for that matter?

She doesn’t flinch while a tasty, tasty Thanksgiving main course is transitioning from livestock to produce. Gasp!

sulla on November 21, 2008 at 12:04 PM

The turkey magically appears from nowhere. This has to be fake.

But why?

Squiggy on November 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM

What a strange fellow that new anchor is… He seems honestly shocked about the fact that turkeys are butchered. How on earth does this count as news?

He obviously feels it is revealing something about the governor, but I am honestly at a loss to think of what that might be.

darcee on November 21, 2008 at 12:27 PM

If God didn’t want us to eat animals, then why are they made of tasty meat?

Jim62sch on November 21, 2008 at 11:45 AM

“I love animals; that’s why I love to kill ‘em.”–Graham Chapman

Snowed In on November 21, 2008 at 12:27 PM

If God didn’t want us to eat animals, then why are they made of tasty meat?

I hear people taste like chicken.

Grow Fins on November 21, 2008 at 12:30 PM

I wonder if those turkeys get a last look at Russia before their throats are slit. Or is that only from Cuda’s kitchen?

dk on November 21, 2008 at 12:31 PM

The turkey magically appears from nowhere. This has to be fake.

But why?

Squiggy on November 21, 2008 at 12:16 PM

PMSNBC blurred the “gory” shots of the turkey in its final death struggle, which is why it fades in and out.

My family used to get together every summer to slaughter friers. We’d get a wash tub full of beer and go to whackin’ heads off’n chickens. It was the kids’ job to chase the headless chickens around, catch’em, and drag them over to the plucking crews. Blood sport!

We raised and killed most of our food back then. If Obama has his way and this economy gets any worse, I might have to start doing that again.

Wyznowski on November 21, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Awesome!

Conservative_SAHM on November 21, 2008 at 12:33 PM

MSNBC = Whiny, Little, Wimpy, Weenies.

marklmail on November 21, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Wyznowski on November 21, 2008 at 12:33 PM

I have been thinking the same thing. We raised chickens when I was a kid, and they are about the nastiest animals on the face of the earth. The crap all over everything and eat the nastiest stuff. I swore I would never raise chickens when I moved away from home, but Obama’s got me reconsidering.

txsurveyor on November 21, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Where does everyone think the darn turkeys come from, some magic place? I have a lot of wild turkeys out on my farm. I am sure that they lead a better life than those that are raised for our tables on Thanksgiving.

SC.Charlie on November 21, 2008 at 1:00 PM

Just when you think that woman is done making a fool of herself…

Vernon Hardapple on November 21, 2008 at 1:12 PM

I just read the comments over at the Huffpo for this. They are hysterical. Many of them can’t believe the awful cruelty of this. They think we are the crazy ones.

I think the Palin video is funny. It might not have been the best choice of location, but big deal this is real life. Your turkey must die before you can eat it.

I also noticed that people over their attack her kids all the time. They do it by name as well and are terribly derogatory. They need to get over themselves, if a republican site started attack Obama’s kids it would be front page news. To them it is just any other day.

profgubler on November 21, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Just when you think that woman is done making a fool of herself…

Vernon Hardapple on November 21, 2008 at 1:12 PM

That great, 4 pages of accolades, and you come in…that is hilarious.
Do you even have an inkling of how foolish that make you look?…not that you don’t like Palin, no one can be liked by everyone, but how stupid you look posting that one sentence?
Oh man, you can’t beat a liberal when it comes for looking foolish…I can see why you need each other.

right2bright on November 21, 2008 at 1:18 PM

They’re hateful crazy people. I know that there are kooks on the right too, but I haven’t encountered anyone who would attack Obama’s cute little girls the way the leftwing loons have gone after the Palin kids. I remember one HuffPost mocking little Piper’s spit combing. I mean, how could you mock that? They’re just crazy over there.

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 1:19 PM

profgubler on November 21, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Meanwhile they are placing their orders for their Thanksgiving turkey…”umm could I order one that isn’t dead?”
They just elected the biggest turkey ever…

right2bright on November 21, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Overheard in a NY Townhouse:
“EVIL PALIN KILLS TURKEYS! Those poor helpless creatures! Could you pass the gravy?”

hawksruleva on November 21, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Fuquay Steve on November 21, 2008 at 10:49 AM

heh.. the more things change, the more… well, you know.

DaveC on November 21, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Wyznowski on November 21, 2008 at 12:33 PM

I have been thinking the same thing.
txsurveyor on November 21, 2008 at 12:48 PM

You guys remind me of the “Pets or Meat” lady from “Roger & Me”!

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 1:24 PM

anyone who would attack Obama’s cute little girls the way

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 1:19 PM

You mean those kids that have little devil horns and buck teeth…I think the younger one is the daughter of the older one…and what are their I.Q.’s, are they smart enough to be alive…wasn’t Michelle pregnant three times?…what happened to the third child…was she pregnant while Obama was smoking…they look a little short…where are the medical records of Michell’s pregnancy…are those their kids, where are the birth certificates proving that.
Do you mean that kind of lunacy?

right2bright on November 21, 2008 at 1:25 PM

I love animals. With butter.

hawksruleva on November 21, 2008 at 1:26 PM

I know its real late in this thread, but…

What a cold hearted b-itch! Palin’s lucky Alaska doesn’t have the death penalty or I would’ve had done to her what was done to that turkey!

barry norris on November 20, 2008 at 10:27 PM
I gave barry a break the first time he tried to post this by simply deleting the comment, but I guess he couldn’t take the hint. Banned.

Allahpundit on November 21, 2008 at 12:54 AM

SCHWIIIING!!!!!!

44Magnum on November 21, 2008 at 1:26 PM

That great, 4 pages of accolades

Accolades from the Children of the Corn…

Happy Thanksgiving, Malachai!

Vernon Hardapple on November 21, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Vernon Hardapple on November 21, 2008 at 1:12 PM

you really have no life.. do you.

DaveC on November 21, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Do you mean that kind of lunacy?

right2bright on November 21, 2008 at 1:25 PM

And don’t forget the SNL jokes about incest. And hackers breaking into Michelle’s private email account, posting her family photos on the internet, and then getting her daughter’s cell phone number and calling it. And who can forget the fake ebay auctions of Michelle’s kids. Yep, all that lunacy.

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 1:31 PM

barry norris on November 20, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Allahpundit on November 21, 2008 at 12:54 AM

keep dumping on her, Roadapple.

DaveC on November 21, 2008 at 1:32 PM

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Not to mention that prominent blogger for the ‘Pacific’ who will.not.let.up about if Obama’s grandma had Sasha or if she is really Michelles..

Until I see the medical records, the truth is still out there.

DaveC on November 21, 2008 at 1:34 PM

The obama team says that turkey guy is a small business millionaire. TAX HIM MORE!

Firebird on November 21, 2008 at 1:37 PM

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 1:31 PM

You know, I won’t forget, their is just so much I could post and it made me sick (more sad then sick).
Why someone would ever attack a family, a person I can kind of see, but a family? Beyond my understanding.
I am sure someone like Vernon Hardapple could explain…

right2bright on November 21, 2008 at 1:44 PM

I must say, this really looks bad……..for turkeys (including those at DNC/MSNBC.

Captain America on November 21, 2008 at 1:45 PM

Until I see the medical records, the truth is still out there.

DaveC on November 21, 2008 at 1:34 PM

And don’t forget all those stories about how Michelle would take her kids to campaign events and bill the travel expenses to the DNC.

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 1:47 PM

This has apparently gotten some pick up beyond MSNBC. I think when someone asks her or her spokesman about it they should just shrug, and say: “I pardoned one turkey. I’m sure the rest of you eat your turkey while it’s still alive, but in my family we usually kill it first.”

meltenn on November 21, 2008 at 1:50 PM

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 1:47 PM

how about the one where Michelle forced schools in Chicago that studied Ronald Reagan and the founding fathers?

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 1:50 PM

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 1:50 PM

should be … how about the one where Michelle forced schools to ban books that studied Reagan and the founding fathers

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Wow, watching this made me love Sarah even more! I didn’t think that was humanely possible, so Thank You MSNBC…

Norwegian on November 21, 2008 at 1:56 PM

If you listen closely you can hear Rick Perry call for an end to the press conference and Tim Pawlenty crying in the background

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Is anyone born before 1964 of the impression that the ridicule perpetrated on Sarah now lies in the definition of the word ‘overkill’ and the phrase ‘hitting below the belt’.If you are born after 1964 (non-baby boomer) for you this is probably par for the course; the more coarse and vulgar the more you probably enjoy it. As I have said on several sites before,if the more fanatical of you Obamatrons could abduct Sarah and literally crucify her and throws stones at her while she was dying on the cross you would with blood-curdling glee-then you would all participate in an orgy while you dedicate your sexual pleasure to the death of Sarah. Unfortunately, the GOP doesn’t know what they’re up against or if they do don’t want to acknowledge it. It’s better to keep your head in the sand. Obama is a demagogue and his followers will do literally anything to make sure he stays in power, and I mean anything. Suppose they gave a war and only one side showed up to fight it. Unfortunately, this is the future I see for America.

technopeasant on November 21, 2008 at 2:03 PM

I look forward to President Sarkozy calling back and asking her about the turkeys.

Vernon Hardapple on November 21, 2008 at 2:05 PM

again.. I think she needs someone to help her see things from the perspective of the MSM.. to help inoculate herself from the f**kheads at msnbc..

even on her hometurf.. relaxed at a goofy PR stunt… the f**kwads at MSNBC pull out all stops to do anything they can to crap on her..

and the local news didn’t help either.

I’m not mad at Palin.. she interview is harmless.. if you listened to it and not pay any attention to the turkey getting his head whacked off, it was pretty good.

s**t like this only deepens my hate for the MSM..

as for Sarah, I think she needs to get cynical real fast anytime she gives an interview on the news.. for anything. be aware of everything and anything around her. even with the local news.. they WILL.NOT.STOP until every ounce of political blood has been squeezed out of her body.

watching a turkey being gutted doesn’t bother me and shouldn’t bother anyone who has hunted or has an IQ over room temperature..

it’s the dumb sh*ts (Vern Roadapple/Drywall) who have lived all their life in a city who see that and are ‘shocked’ as to how awful that is.. then go out to ‘Outback’ for a steak later..

DaveC on November 21, 2008 at 2:11 PM

The MSM are like the terminators … they will not stop until their mission is carried out

first was get Obama elected

second is to destroy the Cuda

where is her Kyle Reese?

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Dave C,

You are overreacting. This is exactly why people love Sarah Palin. She doesn’t care about focus-groups or staged press appearances. She is real and authentic, a rare commodity in todays politics. If she were to start behaving like Obambi with all his fake styrofoam columns,etc, she would lose support, not gain it.

Videos like this actually helps her. Don’t worry, people see through the MSNBC bias at the end of the clip.

Norwegian on November 21, 2008 at 2:22 PM

Dave C,

Norwegian on November 21, 2008 at 2:22 PM

I think Dave is right … nobody wants the Cuda to become fake like Obamamessiah but she needs to control her message and image

see we understand that the clip is actually funny and that it doesn’t matter … however many Americans don’t get it because they don’t know anything about her except for what they see on SNL and through news stories like this

nobody knows her record … yet they trash her

and McCain’s campaign didn’t help with that at all

all we are saying is that she needs to protect her image

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 2:25 PM

Norwegian on November 21, 2008 at 2:22 PM

I don’t think so..

she could have stood off with her back to a barn door or something and gave teh exact same interview.. and DBNBC (douche bag NBC) would not have any story on her at all.

I have been trying to look at her from someone outside of her tank and I think that didn’t help her image..

I would love to see an actual story of her instead of the crap like the clip above.. no attention was paid to her message.. it was all about the turkey (hmmmm, turkey) killings going on behind her.

DaveC on November 21, 2008 at 2:27 PM

DaveC on November 21, 2008 at 2:27 PM

exactly … nobody will ever hear what she says because they will be too concerned with the air raiding of innocent turkeys

a net positive for Palin, which is the stupid turkey pardon has turned into a negative

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 2:30 PM

They hardly show the turkey killing on this clip…. hmm..

An Era of Hate on November 21, 2008 at 2:31 PM

They hardly show the turkey killing on this clip…. hmm..

An Era of Hate on November 21, 2008 at 2:31 PM

probably because its not important to the local population

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 2:32 PM

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 1:57 PM

They edited out the beginning of this press conference where you could see Rick Perry grab Governor Palin’s arm and shove her towards those microphones to take questions.

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Joey24, how damaging is this?

Part of me said no big deal… the other part of me feels that Leno and Letterman will use this clip..

An Era of Hate on November 21, 2008 at 2:37 PM

I don’t think so..

DaveC on November 21, 2008 at 2:27 PM

I would like to know what alaskans think , this was for lokal news. And MSM will try to destroy her anyway as they work for Obamas reelection. It all depends on when people wake up. She shows it like it is , and that looks dorky compared to all the hopes , dreams and swooning around obama. But when reality sets in and he starts to make mistakes, people start to look to people who never lied to them about “the free lunch”.

the_nile on November 21, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Joey24, how damaging is this?

An Era of Hate on November 21, 2008 at 2:37 PM

my point is that its not damaging to her in OUR eyes because we support her or at least agree that she is a pretty good conservative

also, most of us can combat her enemies with facts from her record but she needs to learn to shape the message

just look at the last election … the Obama campaign was able to take a completely empty suit who has never accomplished anything in his life and got him elected President

Palin is a pure political talent with a real record and the narrative is that she is an “airhead”

is it fair? HELL NO

should she fight back ? HELL YES

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 2:41 PM

An Era of Hate on November 21, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Because part of that 52 percent that voted for Obama will only get their information from Leno and Letterman and Jon Stewart. and they will use this clip as fodder for their jokes.

and some ass will do his you tube high lights of Sarah’s follies and this will be in there showing how heartless she is..

and that will be part of the narrative.. heartless Sarah standing there while turkeys are being ruthlessly slaughtered not more than 10 feet behind her.. blah blah blah..

DaveC on November 21, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I saw this clip on the local news page before I watched what the MSNBC idiots did to it. My perception changed dramatically because of the way MSNBC framed the story. They say all publicity is good publicity, and ironically it’s the idiots at MSNBC who are keeping her in the limelight. This was nothing more than a local interest story that they picked up on from their Alaska NBC affiliate.

The viewership of Olbie’s stupid show is limited to leftwing nuts who loathe Palin. Anyone else picking this story up will just laugh at it. She is such an attractive speaker and her smile is so infectious that it’s hard not to find her likable if you’re not poisoned by partisanship. They had to attack her for this stupid thing because it is now obvious that she has been a very good fiscal manager of her state. Her state is prepared for the oil price downturn, and she’ll be able to sail through the recession better than the rest of us. In other words, she’s a good leader. So what can they attack her for? The turkey killings! I mean, really… She made no mistake here. She is who she is, and she will not apologize for it. I have a feeling her attitude will be just what she said to those reporters, “no worries”. This is small potatoes. The big thing is that her excellent management of her state. I think we’ll be hearing less from her as she gets back to work for her state. She’s a busy person and she seems to take her responsibilities seriously.

ramrocks on November 21, 2008 at 2:49 PM