Video: Palin rocked by Turkeygate

posted at 10:07 pm on November 20, 2008 by Allahpundit

Starts cute, then takes a turn at around 2:30. Pay attention to the mocking chyrons as the video rolls, which are par for the course on this network for this particular politician. They could have and should have treated this lightly, as a shared laugh at a goofy moment, but Shuster’s tone at the very end says it all.

Adding to the discomfort: Hearing the ‘Cuda repeatedly utter the word “amnesty.” Shudder.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6

You should check out the comments from the environmental wackos at you tube.

LS_boy on November 21, 2008 at 8:00 PM

I am so happy she is a republican!

Monkei on November 21, 2008 at 8:01 PM

It really makes me feel depressed in a way.. It wasn’t her fault and she gets smeared yet again by the media…

The Dirty Post claimed that palin’s scarf was some famous designer type… It turns out it was a fake scarf given to her by her sister as a gift…

Life sometimes isn’t fair…

An Era of Hate on November 21, 2008 at 8:22 PM

Makes me hungry. Can’t wait for Thanksgiving.

sheesh on November 21, 2008 at 8:25 PM

You folks are getting too worked up. She’s back in Alaska…and when in Alaska, do as the Alaskans do. Any of you raised in the woods or the country know what it’s like…we pretty much shot and ate whatever ran across the road. You can take Sarah out of the country but you can’t take the country out of Sarah. That’s what we love about her…our Redneck woman..so she should name that Turkey-Killer her Secretary of Agriculture and the Turkeys, MSNBC in for the cone-kill.

gracie on November 21, 2008 at 8:34 PM

gracie on November 21, 2008 at 8:34 PM

Yes, we understand … we love her, she is great

her last appearance in the media after the great interviews she gave and her speech at the RGA can’t be overshadowed by something like this

we know its not her fault, we know that the media is out to get her

she needs new advisers and needs to look at the media as the enemy and learn how to play their game

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 8:38 PM

HAHA! THATS AWESOME!
Schuster, oberfart and mathews are such pansies. Theyre just threatened by the cuda, cuz they know that she could kick all of thier metro-sexual assies with one hand tied behind her back.

NOW!!!WHOS UP FOR SOME TURKEY!?

(YUM)

Handel on November 21, 2008 at 9:02 PM

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 8:38 PM

She’s our American Beauty..a Natural. Remember Washington is a spoiler…rots men’s souls. No rush…ultimately Sarah will have to win the hearts and minds of 50% + 1 of the electorate. I do believe it is our destiny and hers. In the the meanwhile, the drama is worth the wait. Have faith. Remember..it’s not who we are but whose we are. Sarah’s got connections.

gracie on November 21, 2008 at 9:16 PM

gracie on November 21, 2008 at 9:16 PM

Please understand that I like Palin and believe in her but she really needs to get serious about the media and she needs some new advisers

she needs to control the message not constantly be reacting to “embarrassing” news coverage

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 9:22 PM

I understand, Joey. Peace and Happy Thanksgiving. It’ll be all right…Sarah said so. No worries.

gracie on November 21, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Got to admit that I laughed out loud but …. wtf? Doesn’t anyone around her have any common sense whatsoever? The shot was perfectly framed: governor on the right – turkey grinding on the right.

This was deliberate on the part of the news crew. They established the shot prior to the interview (which is always done – even if only a few minutes or less are taken to scope out the best angles) and said, “As soon as your ready, Governor. Stand right here. We’re all set up and ready to go with your interview.”

Rod on November 21, 2008 at 9:56 PM

“Governor on the left”

I swear, day by day I get just keep getting worse. Half the time I don’t even know what I’ve written.

Rod on November 21, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Hey Rod…I thought it was funny, too…but do you mean the press was trying to make her look bad? The thing about Sarah is that she’s not a control freak..much more of a woman of principle..when this happens you do this and when that happens you do that. She doesn’t sweat the small stuff or manipulation. Cone-quick-killed-guillotined turkeys…good…humane…eat up…me in it?..that’s life and death..they’re animals…not our kids.

gracie on November 21, 2008 at 10:24 PM

“went tofurkey hunting once.
Didn’t get one though.”

DUDE!!! You don’t know how lucky you are!!!
I did that a couple years back and the folks in the Albertsons FREECKEDD!! When I opened up on the tofurkey display!

Note to self next time use #8 bird shot!

DSchoen on November 21, 2008 at 10:30 PM

I thought it was hilarious… leave it to some eunuch like Shuster to be “horrified” by the background… what a wuss.

D2Boston on November 21, 2008 at 11:35 PM

The Silence of the Turkeys
courtesy of Tim Blair’s blog

thefrollickingmole replied to steveH
Sat 22 Nov 08 (11:18am)

I heard a strange noise.
What was it?
It was screaming.
Some kind of screaming. Like a child’s voice.
What did you do?
I went downstairs.
Outside.
I crept up into the barn.
I was so scared to look inside, but I had to.
What did you see, Sarah? What did you see?
turkeys.
They were screaming.
They were slaughtering the spring turkeys?
And they were screaming.
- And you ran away? – No. First I tried to free them.
I opened the gate to their pen, but they wouldn’t run.
They just stood there, confused. They wouldn’t run.
But you could – and you did, didn’t you?
Yes. I took one turkey and I ran away as fast as I could.
- Where were you going, Sarah? – I don’t know. I didn’t have any food,
any water and it was very cold, very cold.
I thought…
I thought if I could save just one, but…
He was so heavy.
So heavy.
I didn’t get more than a few miles when the sheriff’s car picked me up.
The rancher was so angry, he sent me to live at the orphanage in Bozeman.
I never saw the ranch again.
What became of your turkry, Sarah?
- He killed him. – You still wake up sometimes, don’t you?
Wake up in the dark
and hear the screaming of the turkeys?
And you think, if you save poor Catherine, you could make them stop, don’t you?
You think if Catherine lives,
you won’t wake up in the dark ever again
to that awful screaming of the turkeys.

Bruno Strozek on November 22, 2008 at 12:32 AM

If that had been Biden, he’d be yammering on about how the Pilgrims ate turkey after they landed at Fraggle Rock back in 1776.

Jim Treacher on November 22, 2008 at 1:46 AM

but do you mean the press was trying to make her look bad?

Absolutely

[looking for my tin-foil hat]

Palin standing perfectly to the right of the smiling to the camera employee as he does his job.

I have no doubt that the news crew set up the interview to occur then and there.

Even if it was not a setup

joey is right

If Palin had better advisers they have would noticed that a slaughter station was in the camera lens and re-positioned her.

F15Mech on November 22, 2008 at 1:53 AM

Community Organizer Obama once pardoned a half-eaten turkey sandwich.

Mr. Wednesday Night on November 22, 2008 at 2:59 AM

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Chill a bit and don’t worry, if you start to accept the second guessing of the MSM you’re getting screwed anyhow.
Try to play by their rules and they will change them until you lose.

the_nile on November 22, 2008 at 6:41 AM

I still think this is a fake. Look closely at three minutes till three minutes and ten seconds. The bird magically appears, but Sarah Palin never skips a beat. She speaks clearly and it’s unbroken.

Someone please notice this, as I ran out of tinfoil and I’m starting to feel itchy.

Squiggy on November 22, 2008 at 7:25 AM

The bird magically appears, but Sarah Palin never skips a beat.

You are right Squiggy…the bird did just magically appear! It is a fake. The killing station was right behind her with the guy, but all of a sudden the bird was in the killing cone! Calling Dr. Photoshop…

gracie on November 22, 2008 at 7:44 AM

Umm, go check out the unblurred tape on youtube. It’s real – but of course it is -just another day in the life of Caribou Barbie.

Vernon Hardapple on November 22, 2008 at 8:26 AM

They kill turkeys don’t they. I loved the NRO’s take on this, that Gov Palin should give her next interview inside an abortion clinic. Perhaps too, she should seek to pardon one of the unfortunate ‘fetuses’ who has been sentenced to death, and give an interview in front of another ‘fetus’ being executed. It seems to me this is just another example of libs outsourcing and ignorance. They love their luxuries but don’t give a thought as to how they are able to obtain and consume their products/food. Is there some fairyland where food magically appears unconnected to some prior living animal?
I doubt it.
Did the Alaskan news station which promoted this interview receive any substantial complaints?
Did any of the anchors complaining of this ‘gruesome’ occurrence ever see any gangster movies with blood splattered everywhere? I would wager they did. Did they ever complain about such coarseness and incivility? I doubt it. Once again, the hypocrisy of the left is confronted by honesty of Gov Palin and the right.

eaglewingz08 on November 22, 2008 at 8:35 AM

Vernon Hardapple on November 22, 2008 at 8:26 AM

I saw it. too, Vernon. It’s life on the Turkey Farm no matter where or who you are. Why did they persist in the beheading and bleeding of the turkeys in the background of her interview? Maybe it was natural to do so and they were proud of it. They were clean quick kills with near complete drainage of blood. As humane a turkey kill can be…and better meat to eat. Sweet compared to what goes on in the slaughter of cattle and hogs, of course…or as some have said in the carnage of late abortions. I’ve seen that, too. I’ll stick to turkeys.

gracie on November 22, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Jim Treacher on November 22, 2008 at 1:46 AM

Fraggle Rock in 1776! ROTFLMAO!!!

ramrocks on November 22, 2008 at 9:19 AM

OMG, Michelle has up on her blog a link to a New York Times editorial decrying the “slaughter”. Just when you thought this farce sink to the level of parody…

ramrocks on November 22, 2008 at 9:35 AM

F15Mech on November 22, 2008 at 1:53 AM

Yes, if they cared. The media thinks the American people must be spared all the grim details so that only the media gets to decide what to scare them to death with.

Cindy Munford on November 22, 2008 at 9:42 AM

joey24007 on November 21, 2008 at 8:38 PM

Joey, first thing she should do is hire this lady to ghost write her memoir.

ramrocks on November 22, 2008 at 9:56 AM

Joey, first thing she should do is hire this lady to ghost write her memoir.

Yes! That lady definitely has the right take on a book. I’ve been thinking basically the same things she mentioned. Palin’s book has to be well-written, serious, and philosophical while also reinforcing the things about her persona that people already like. Hire that lady Sarah! Get her and Matt Scully to work on your CPAC speech too. Scully shouldn’t be too upset about the turkeys, they were treated humanely and handled personally after all.

Also, the New York Times is ridiculous, but the ‘Cuda really does need to get some aides that play at a higher level…

meltenn on November 22, 2008 at 10:41 AM

Joey, first thing she should do is hire this lady to ghost write her memoir.

ramrocks on November 22, 2008 at 9:56 AM

From the Link:

First, like Ronald Reagan after 1976, Palin is about to spend a few years in the political wilderness. She needs to build up her base, and make it extremely clear what she stands for (as Reagan did in radio shows, his writings and the like).

Hey! … I started saying this the day after the election!

lol …. but yeah this lady knows what she is talking about

joey24007 on November 22, 2008 at 12:02 PM

God I love her.

Turkeys, BTW, are so stupid that they are still voting for Ross Perot.

SDSquint on November 22, 2008 at 2:49 PM

No, that’s where they are tools and you should call them on it. Palin doesn’t have an issue with turky farming so there is nothing wrong with her being shot at that location.

I dare Obama and every other pro-abortionist out there to do an interview in an abortion clinic, while an abortion is going on behind him/her.

saint on November 22, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Yes! That lady definitely has the right take on a book.
meltenn on November 22, 2008 at 10:41 AM

…but yeah this lady knows what she is talking about
joey24007 on November 22, 2008 at 12:02 PM

Here’s how I found the link to that lady’s post.

Apparently, she interned for Robert Stacy McCain (of the American Spectator). She sounds like a cool gal and she has a great take on what Palin’s memoir should be. I hope she gets the gig.

She’s right on about using the Frontier Story angle. That’s what they used in one of the best biographical write-ups I’ve read on Palin. It was a Washington Post article written just before the vp debate. You can read it here.

ramrocks on November 22, 2008 at 4:36 PM

msnbc- the beta male channel. that guy probably smokes meat.

la.rt.wngr on November 23, 2008 at 5:59 PM