Video: Terrorist says good morning to America

posted at 11:45 am on November 14, 2008 by Allahpundit

“We never committed terror,” he assures us, noting that (a) the Weathermen didn’t kill anyone, which is true if you exclude the occasional cop or two (a point Chris Cuomo doesn’t raise) and (b) even though what they did “was definitely over lots of lines,” it doesn’t really qualify as terror because the war simply had to be stopped and they were acting to that end. As he says in “Fugitive Days”:

Terrorists terrorize, they kill innocent civilians, while we organized and agitated. Terrorists destroy randomly, while our actions bore, we hoped, the precise stamp of a cut diamond. Terrorists intimidate, while we aimed only to educate.

Their intentions were good, you see. Which, in fairness to Ayers, is indeed the crux of why so many leftists are angrier at Palin for bringing him up on the trail than at Obama for gladhanding him in the first place. The Underground meant well, quite unlike those nasty jihadis and abortion-clinic bombers, whom Cuomo, to his credit, does bring up. The quote, incidentally, comes from Timothy Noah’s 2001 review of the book, which is worth reading for many reasons but foremost for his reclamation of a few Ayers blasts from the past that somehow didn’t end up in the final manuscript. Like this one, circa 1970: “Kill all the rich people. Break up their cars and apartments. Bring the revolution home, kill your parents, that’s where it’s really at.” Thirty-one years later, he famously told the Times, “I don’t regret setting bombs.” The man is, if nothing else, consistent. Bear those two lines in mind as you watch him wheeze about how “dishonest” it is for people to try to demonize him and his old comrades.

It’s in two parts; click the image to watch the first clip, then select the second from the bottom of the ABC interface when you’re done. The question about being a “friend” of our next president comes up front. Contain your surprise as he tries to downplay that too, insisting that he was merely describing how bloggers — and of course Mayor Daley — have characterized the relationship.

Comments

If the WU wasn’t trying to kill anyone, then could Ayers please explain why some of his comrades died constructing a nail bomb?

You know…the sort of bomb that skimps on the building-destroying explosives to allow for the killing and maiming shrapnel…

I didn’t see GMA, but I read the ABC story on the web. No mention of this dirtbag being called on his lies. #$%& ABC. I wouldn’t watch them if they featured a Led Zeppelin reunion concert.

ynot4tony2 on November 14, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Imagine if Ayers Eric Rudolph was good friends with McCain!

Fixed it for you.

Ellen on November 14, 2008 at 3:26 PM

You know he’d run crying to the police if someone “educated” him.

Christien on November 14, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Already did that…when Fox News tried to ask him a question or two.

scalleywag on November 14, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Ayers will either be the czar of or brains behind the voluntary/mandatory youth corps service.

Like a typical Lefty word parser, Ayers did not literally kill anyone. He manipulated his acolytes to do so instead.

The Maoist philosophy shaping Ayers’s thinking and teaching has moved away from violent overthrow of the country and terrorism. For the last several decades, he has worked assiduously to collapse the nation as we know it from within by using education as his tool of choice.

His newest book is just another manifesto preaching Communist/collectivist philosophy through public education and the juvenile justice system.

Isn’t this fellow the one who sicced Chicago’s finest on the Fox interviewer? I guess when you have a book to sell and your best buddy is ready to assume the mantle of greatness, it’s okay to be interviewed by friendly media.

onlineanalyst on November 14, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Those intrepid TV Newspeople

Did you mean insipid tv news people?

thomasaur on November 14, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Moral relativism meets mainstream media…not a first encounter.

That grinning liar.

Black Adam on November 14, 2008 at 4:14 PM

So which is it? Are MSM interviewers too uninformed to know how to challenge Ayers with the facts of his own crimes, or is it that they are interested whitewashing over the violent crimes of Ayers in order to rewrite history in the liberal’s favor?

Mr A on November 14, 2008 at 3:25 PM

Both

onlineanalyst on November 14, 2008 at 4:16 PM

Where has this poor, innocent professor been?

Maybe with The One’s birth certificate.

IlikedAUH2O on November 14, 2008 at 4:23 PM

I’ll bet Tim McVeigh didn’t consider himself a terrorist either.

29Victor on November 14, 2008 at 4:25 PM

I spent the day babysitting my dated Jeep while it was getting repaired at my dealership. I was struck by two things that occurred simultaneously.

I came across the obituary for one of my father’s friends, John Erby.

Mr. Erby was a Vietnam War veteran who lost the lower part of his right leg in 1968. If you bother to read the obituary, you’ll see that he led a very productive life. In fact, this past Saturday, my dad and he helped Sen. Sherrod Brown (D. Ohio) interview SW Ohio candidate who are applying for admission to the U.S. Naval Academy. They interviewed candidates from about 9 am to about 3 pm. And sadly enough, Mr. Erby died in his sleep later that night.

Among other things, the Cincinnati Enquirer obituary noted:

“Mr. Erby enjoyed taking students to see the traveling Vietnam Veterans Memorial Wall. He also wrote a program called ‘Veterans in the Classroom’ that told the story of sacrifices made by veterans of the Vietnam War. He presented it at schools in Greater Cincinnati. He also taught flag folding and etiquette.”

No sooner had I finished reading the obituary than I looked up at the TV in the waiting area to see the local news replaying an excerpt of Ayer’s GMA appearance.

I wanted to puke. So now I’m going to get something off my chest and then crawl back in my hole.

If you’re a Catholic, and you chose the candidate of death, screw you.

If you’re a non-Catholic Christian or a Jew, and you chose the candidate who uses tax dollars to perform ineffective charity work and to subsidize undemocratic and racially divisive organizations such as Acorn while conservatives consistently prove far more generous in private than the left, screw you.

If you’re a woman (or a man) who voted for Obama because you thought he had any clue about one or more of tax policy, the economy, health care, or the war–when Obama clearly showed to Charlie Gibson that he knows nothing about tax policy, when Obama only as recently as 2005 learned the benefit of an interest-bearing checking account, when you can look forward to mediocre nationalized health care, and you can look forward to far more dangerous times with a Jimmy Carter-like President Obama–screw you.

And if you’re anyone else who voted for Obama, casually dismissing his relationships with so many un-American people, screw you.

BuckeyeSam on November 14, 2008 at 4:30 PM

BuckeyeSam on November 14, 2008 at 4:30 PM

What he said.

thomasaur on November 14, 2008 at 4:36 PM

So we are stuck with Obama’s judgment. What about U of IL – Chicago’s judgment in giving him a position, a podium and a status? This guy should be homeless.

Mark30339 on November 14, 2008 at 4:47 PM

According to my military training:

Terrorism: The calculated use of force designed to inculcate fear to forward an agenda that is political, ideological, or religious.

How is Bill Ayers not a terrorist?

Black Adam on November 14, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Hello, is anyone in the MSM capable of coherent thought?!?*

Ayers, who got his daddy to get Annenburg to throw $50 Mil
to the CAC, and ran Woods Foundation CONSPIRED with his handpicked radical lefty, B.Hussein Obama, to spend over 4 yrs disbersing $160 Mil total, to nothin but radical groups to “educate Chicago students” by indoctrinating and sensitizing them to organizations looking to free society from the oppressor class, typical black lib (Victim),marxist inspired community agitators, all too often related (incestuously)to Ayers,Dohrn,Obama & wife,Wright,Phleugger,Khalidi,Hamas types, & Rezko – etc.etc.

Follow The Money , Follow the friends – this is no guy in the neighborhood, Obama is no centrist, no capitalist

He is a Marxist/Socialist: makes every other previous Dem candidate or President look like a neocon in comparison!!

RED.inca on November 14, 2008 at 5:29 PM

And Jeffrey Daumer didn’t cannibalize people, he just expanded his dining possibilities.

Psychopath/sociopath terrorist scum Ayers should have been run over by a garbage truck decades ago.

profitsbeard on November 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

AHRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAA

W.A. FING Moron!

If a cop dies 3 days after your bomb blew them up, due to injuries sustained in the bombing, it’s not the same as if they die when the bomb went off!

So, should we all just pretend that Sergeant Brian McDonnell SFPD Died in the hospital due to something other than the WUG bomb!

Ayers “Terrorists terrorize”

Okay, your point is?

Ayers “they kill innocent civilians”

Okay, your point is?

Ayers “while we organized and agitated”

So building, deploying and detonating bombs is organizing and agitating? Really?
Its also a crime.

Ayers “Terrorists destroy randomly”

Really? So it was just by hap stance that the 1993 bombing of the WTC was just a “random” target?
And on 9/11 those jets were flown into the WTC, uhm randomly?

This guy sounds like a child!

DSchoen on November 14, 2008 at 5:56 PM

I don’t understand,,, when radicals were blowing up abortion clinics,, did anyone die? I don’t remember,,, but I do remember they were considered the scum of the earth.
i also remember the radicals that were blowing up the clinics were saying they were fighting to save lives.
I remember they also said they weren’t killing anyone,, it was the abortionists that were murdering.
Someone needs to ask Ayers if it’s cool to blow up abortion clinics to save lives?

JellyToast on November 14, 2008 at 6:06 PM

The guy is a rich kid moron zero wanna be hero. I’m thinking of bringing a lawsuit due to post tramatic stress disorder from being exposed to his ilk on the nightly news during the sixties. The sixties and seventies were a time I would never want to relive again politically. I cast my first vote in 1980 for Ronald Reagan.

sonnyspats1 on November 14, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Ayers never killed anyone the bombs and guns did.

eaglewingz08 on November 14, 2008 at 6:30 PM

How is Bill Ayers not a terrorist?

Black Adam on November 14, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Because he palling around with Mr. O, therefore he’s just another guy in the neighborhood…

Steinbeck on November 14, 2008 at 6:37 PM

Be advised this is a small point but just the type idiots like media matters likes to exploit to call us liars.
Ayers is not a Marxist, he is a Maoist.

I know that’s a really stupid distinction but just the type these idiots used to defend them self’s.

Hopefully Ayres will take up that new sport

Cordless bungee jumping!

DSchoen on November 14, 2008 at 7:10 PM

The more I look at things, the more convinced I am that Ayers hatched obama. Even if some of the things aren’t true, there is too much.. They were together in new york adn chicago, the boards, the launching of obama’s career, the similarities in the weathermen logo and obama’s logo etc.

QUESTION – I’m beginning to think that Ayers would not put all of his eggs in one basket… Is it possible that he has other eggs developing (ie is he nurturing any other political careers??)

bullseye on November 14, 2008 at 8:05 PM

TrickyDick on November 14, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Bing.

Jaibones on November 14, 2008 at 8:35 PM

He’s just like all the 60s radicals. They decry the violence and killing in Vietnam as we tried to rescue the country from communism. Then they never say A THING about the consequences of our loss in the war: the millions killed in Cambodia. Suddenly they don’t have a frickin’ word to say about that killing.

Ayers is a smug, delusional prick. He billy, how about YOU go around and talk to lots of people and get different perspectives and viewpoints. You hide behind your collegiate walls and never venture out to listen to what real Americans feel and believe. Talk about living in a bell chamber. A$$hole.

Mallard T. Drake on November 14, 2008 at 9:02 PM

The undesirable classes do not liquidate themselves.” -Stalin.

Ayers and Obama– the solvent twins.

profitsbeard on November 14, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Imagine if Ayers was good friends with McCain!

The entire Left would snap,and wouldn’t let up!

There is no question that the MSM was in collusion
with the Hopey campaign,Ayers would of brought down
McCain,and therefore it should of ruined Changey’s
chances at the Presidentcy!

Canopfor

Yeah you say that but McCain is friends with Gordon Liddy… an unrepentant radical who still advocates a ‘head shot’ for federal authorities doing their work.. and it got no press. Liddy wanted to firebomb the Brookings Institute but he was turned down. He is part of the media now. McCain stood by him when questioned once on the association.

Who cares!

lexhamfox on November 14, 2008 at 9:17 PM

….

onlineanalyst on November 14, 2008 at 4:01 PM

I share your perception, onlineanalyst. I am a community college instructor, and I wish there were a foolproof way to inoculate my students against the kind of drivel they will be brainwashed with in these youth corps camps. Unfortunately, this would be off-topic in the courses I teach.

SheofTwoMinds on November 14, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Sure the elections over. Interview the hell out of all of them now. Unreal.

johnnyU on November 15, 2008 at 10:13 AM

“I never hurt or killed anyone”

Jeez I guess he just didn’t have the chance. His flippin’ girlfriend blew herself up making bombs.

roux on November 15, 2008 at 10:18 AM

Following Ayers’ own reasoning, if someone bombed his home and totally destroyed it, as long as there was nobody home and nobody gets hurt, that won’t qualify as terrorism. Not making a suggestion, just wondering.

miron on November 15, 2008 at 10:26 AM

profitsbeard on November 14, 2008 at 5:43 PM

At least Daumer expressed regrets and apologized for his crimes.

Disturb the Universe on November 15, 2008 at 10:33 AM

HuffPo thinks this guy is a hero. Unbelievable

lodge on November 15, 2008 at 10:33 AM

Hopefully this blowhard with come down with a good case of cancer of the liver.

Irvin88 on November 15, 2008 at 11:48 AM

I hope that God has a special place reserved for him, in Hell.

Star20 on November 15, 2008 at 12:04 PM

Ugh, I just can’t bring myself to watch the lilly liar, I heard one statement he said last night on FOX and my blood pressure went up. There’s nothing he can say that I want to try to decipher. He is what he is. An old hippy terrorist who probably does regret he didn’t do more, (I do believe that) after all, he never did any jail time for what he did. Now, he ought to be happy he’s got a job with young adoring fans teaching them what he learned. Which is, act irresponsibly, dangerously, and don’t worry about consequences. Turns my stomach.

4shoes on November 15, 2008 at 12:24 PM

“I never hurt or killed anyone.”
Well now Billy, there are some people who are, thankfully, alive who would beg to differ…your pathetic and sociopathic justifications don’t cut it.

Christine on November 15, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Buckeye Sam, very well put, and I agree with you.

Alana on November 15, 2008 at 1:42 PM

I’m no expert but I don’t think it’s the staute of limitations that’s the issue. I think it’s Double Jeopardy.

hawkdriver on November 14, 2008 at 1:57 PM

What was Ayers originally tried for (or was he tried at all)? Attempted murder, destruction of public property, or what? If it wasn’t treason, and if there is no statute of limitations, than he can be tried for treason now. And executed.

Where is the federal attorney with the stones to do it?

MrLynn on November 15, 2008 at 2:18 PM

Where is the federal attorney with the stones to do it?

MrLynn on November 15, 2008 at 2:18 PM

If Ayers had attempted to harm an illegal, Johnny Sutton would be all over him and would have found 50 new charges to bring against him, today. American citizens … not so much.

progressoverpeace on November 15, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Here is a different video of Bill Ayers not looking so innocent.

Egfrow on November 15, 2008 at 3:37 PM

The Democrats and the MSM will absolutely stand by and protect terrorists.

Neither of those institutions deserve any faith or trust.

We’re at a really, really sad point now.

Oh, and there isn’t a single, solitary person at ABC that deserves to be called a “reporter.”

Merovign on November 15, 2008 at 4:49 PM

He’s William the FRIENDLY terrorist. We should try and understand him. I mean what’s so wrong with killing cops anyway.

/sarc

Mojave Mark on November 15, 2008 at 5:27 PM

Amazing difference between how the lamestream media interviews a Governor of Alaska and how they interview a terrorist.

Didn’t seem to be any trick questions…(ie the Bush Doctrine)

No misquoted Lieberman quotes

No “Hubris” questions.

Not even a sincere follow up.

What I am afraid of is that the Lamestream media is trying to mainstream ayers.. Wanna bet he makes the rounds of the talk show circuit with the idiot hosts slobbering all over him??

Give that enough time to percolate, a filibuster proof majority and removal of talk radio and we may actually see this dirtball nominated for a cabinet position.

Do NOT bet against this.. Think folks, Rahm Emanuell was up to his dirty little armpits the the Freddie Mac book cooking, Barney Frank obstructs investigations of Fannie to protect his lover, Chris Dodd is a “friend of Angelo”… etc etc. These folks are taking a page out of Goebbel’s BIG LIE theory..

I was talking with someone who is supposedly a republican right after the election. When I mentioned Ayers she became very indignant saying “ALL that terrorist stuff was proven to be a lie”. I couldn’t figure out where the heck she got that and then I remembered the AP article. ALL THE EVIDENCE and one partisan hack AP article negated that. A constant stream of “Oh I’m a harmless teddy bear” interviews are coming.

Ayers, Dorhn, Farrakah, Wright and the rest of the chicago thugocracy will be dining in the whitehouse dining room and sleeping in the lincoln bedroom (All at the same time?? THAT is a mental image isn’t it)…

bullseye on November 15, 2008 at 8:40 PM

So the end justifies the means. I hope they remember that when the redneck hords decided to exercise their 2nd. Amendment rights. “Some things just have to be stopped.” Makes a good battle cry.

Someone said something here on antoher thread that we all need to remember daily from here on out. The time you feel the need to start buring your guns is probably the time to start using them.

MikeA on November 15, 2008 at 10:06 PM

As much as I agree that Ayers proves to question Obama’s own judgements and values, I think their are many other ways to define Obama. What I wish McCain, Hannity, Limbaugh would focus on was the Fannie and Freddie mess. This would not only hurt Obama but the ideoligy of the dem party as a whole. If the GOP could effectively educate the public about this issue we could really contrast Conservative free market ideas against the Socialist dem ideas and what better time to do so. The socialist way is failing in a big way currently even if it may embarrase a few (R) at this time we could really use it to regain the less government mantle.

lwssdd on November 15, 2008 at 11:36 PM

he should be exiled at the very least. I don’t care where he goes… elsewhere… quickly and forever.

Karmashock on November 16, 2008 at 9:42 AM

The members here don’t understand only republicans and right wingers can be terrorists, left wingers are social justice fighters and freedom fighters. Right wingers are fascists (although fascism is a left wing phenomenon) whereas leftwingers are community organizers.
Right wingers get grilled eight ways til Sunday on every syllable in their talks, lib terrorists can deny the facts in front of the audience’s faces, and the interviewer will let their denials stand as a fact.
But there is no bias in the MSM. None at all, no no no.

BTW Bill and Bernadine should rot in hell and if they’re feeling a little ‘terrorized’ because someone called them out for the pukes they are (25 million capitalists in America to be killed according to his Weather Underground principals) then its at least a start. It is just a scandal that Chicago or any other city or college would have anything to do with these murderers. Of course, we know that if an abortion clinic bomber somehow managed to get a Masters Teaching Degree, the colleges would be lining up to put him on the faculty.
Yes siree.

eaglewingz08 on November 16, 2008 at 5:38 PM

Meant well, by fanny. They prolonged the war by giving aid and comfort to the North Vietnamese propagandists, was directed by Soviet Union agents, and acted primarily only when Nixon was president. He is a lying POS.

rlwo2008 on November 17, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Don’t forget that Ayers and his wife were pardoned by Bill Clinton…

Ayers, I hope I run into you on the street sometime so I can tell you IN PERSON what I think about your position in life. You don’t deserve the freedom you enjoy.

sgt_rich on November 17, 2008 at 2:24 PM