Video: Veterans Day on “The View”

posted at 5:10 pm on November 11, 2008 by Allahpundit

What better way to thank the troops for their service than by reminding them what a colossal waste you think their sacrifices in Iraq have been? The One managed to avoid that in his own wreath-laying today, but I guess he doesn’t care as much as Behar does.

Exit question: Say, how come Joy didn’t mention Afghanistan and the vets who’ve served there in her opening spiel? Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

My mom’s been banned from sending letters to the View. ;)

Illinidiva on November 11, 2008 at 5:12 PM

I love your mother.

Cindy Munford on November 11, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Spend some time under sharia, joy, and tell me just how lucky you USED to be…….waste of air.

Sponge on November 11, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Exactly, I use the same logic whenever I hear the Madonna’s and Sean Penn’s of the world bash our great country. Seriously, how long do you think Madonna would last if she did one of her concerts in Pakistan, Saudia Arabia, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. before they dragged her dumb azz of the stage and stoned her to death! I’d say she wouldn’t make it to the stage or past her first song, yet America is the evil opressive nation!

Give me a break, America made them rich as hell and yet they are too stupid to realize how good they have it here!Ignorant ingrates and cry-babies is all they are and I for one do not support any of them!

Liberty or Death on November 11, 2008 at 6:06 PM

Restraint… Hasselbeck needs less of it.

liquidflorian on November 11, 2008 at 6:08 PM

I like to annoy my liberal friends by asking them if they would go to a welcome home ceremony for the troops with a sign that says “THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE THAT WAS POINTLESS, ACCOMPLISHED NOTHING, MADE US LESS SAFE AND WAS LIKELY ILLEGAL!”

They get all mad at me, in part because I’m clearly being a snarky jerk and in part because they know it’s partly true.

hump1201 on November 11, 2008 at 6:10 PM

Joy Behar….C U
Next Tuesday.

HornetSting on November 11, 2008 at 6:16 PM

On the flip side, AMC and TCM are showing wall-to-wall war flicks today. “The Longest Day” is on right now, with “Midway” on deck.

And believe it or not, Google actually has a Veteran’s Day logo today.

Del Dolemonte on November 11, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Del Dolemonte on November 11, 2008 at 6:18 PM

I nearly fainted.

Cindy Munford on November 11, 2008 at 6:22 PM

Joy Behar….C U
Next Tuesday.

HornetSting on November 11, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Amen to that Hornet!

I dislike Bill O’Reilly but him mocking Joyless Behar to her face was priceless.

DeweyWins on November 11, 2008 at 6:23 PM

And believe it or not, Google actually has a Veteran’s Day logo today.

Del Dolemonte on November 11, 2008 at 6:18 PM

Well, now that we have a REAL president they are content to “honor” the troops.

johnsteele on November 11, 2008 at 6:29 PM

It’s Memorial Day Google hates. They honor bicycle riding instead. The Firefox Google page is unadorned (as is always the case, I think).

tuffy on November 11, 2008 at 6:29 PM

Hrmm, nothing different about Google, this trip, the whole Canadian HRC laying a wreath in ottawa…

Tell me again about “supporting” the troops?

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on November 11, 2008 at 6:40 PM

My God. Have they no shame? Barbara Walters is a disgrace for airing that daily.

marklmail on November 11, 2008 at 6:40 PM

I don’t support either her or her mission.

whitetop on November 11, 2008 at 6:45 PM

HornetSting on November 11, 2008 at 6:16 PM

Gentlemen, there are ladies present.

DrMagnolias on November 11, 2008 at 6:49 PM

Behar had to call them boys and girls. No Ma’am They are men and women. They are soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines. They are service members. And unlike you, they are professionals.

Just A Grunt on November 11, 2008 at 6:55 PM

I love your mother.

Cindy Munford on November 11, 2008 at 6:06 PM

MadisonConservative on November 11, 2008 at 6:56 PM

I know it’s totally childish and stupid, but when I put my mouse over the picture to click it to watch the video, I hovered for a moment and saw that the video was labeled “behar vd” and it made me laugh.

Esthier on November 11, 2008 at 5:19 PM

I did it too, and it made me giggle.

What are the symptoms of Behar-VD?

Sir Corky on November 11, 2008 at 7:21 PM

as the daughter of Veteran. Happy Veterans day.

Joy, you stinking lefist hack, get a hairdo that doesn’t resemble 1983. You are useless, offensive and petty. STFU.

Gracelynn on November 11, 2008 at 7:21 PM

Just when I think Joy can’t possibly go any lower she finds a way.

meltenn on November 11, 2008 at 7:45 PM

its who they are, we define ourselves in America’s enemies being destroyed, they define themselves in insulting and despising American actions.

rob verdi on November 11, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Behar is not very bright, is she? Graceless, abrasive and ignorant. A full hand.

Zorro on November 11, 2008 at 8:19 PM

I have only seen clips of this show but this Behar is one mean and depressed person

how do you live life being bitter about everything?

joey24007 on November 11, 2008 at 8:30 PM

A better question would be how can AP stand to monitor this crap on a daily basis? 90% of the time I don’t even click on it. I already know what I am going to see/hear.
Truth be told, when I do click it is because I want to get angry.

Babs on November 11, 2008 at 9:13 PM

I think these gals should go on location in Islamabad!

locomotivebreath1901 on November 11, 2008 at 9:46 PM

How does this show stay on the air…

Wyznowski on November 11, 2008 at 9:47 PM

Other than that fine bird Eliz, I want to see the rest of that merry band of sh!tbirds waterboarded my God what a pathetic bunch of wankers they are. Joy Blowhar needs someone to poke her in her fat bellybutton and let some of that fecal steam out before she shats her underpants.

GlocknRoll on November 11, 2008 at 10:14 PM

What will Behar say when her new Prez carries out his promise to increase troops in afghanistan and oh yah..lets bomb Pokkyston. Costs money and lives Behar..you approve of that??

malkinmania on November 11, 2008 at 10:20 PM

I refuse to watch this. Ms. Bey-hah has done something I though impossible: she is far more annoying than Rosanne Barr.

cannonball on November 11, 2008 at 5:15 PM

but both are equally beautiful, don’t you think?

Red State State of Mind on November 11, 2008 at 10:31 PM

What are the symptoms of Behar-VD?

the first symptom is usualy a rash
… of tired leftist rhetoric

if not treated, the afflicted will feel pain
… when trying to elucidate

and in it’s advanced stages, it’s been known to kill
… incentive, personal responsibility, and liberty

Red State State of Mind on November 11, 2008 at 10:41 PM

how did joy behar ever make it on tv? she is the fugliest blowhard ever.

anna on November 12, 2008 at 12:22 AM

A college professor, an avowed atheist and active in the ACLU, was teaching his class. He shocked several of his students when he flatly stated that for once and for all he was going to prove there was no God. Addressing the ceiling he shouted:

“GOD, if you are real, then I want you to knock me off this platform.
I’ll give you exactly 15 minutes!”

The lecture room fell silent. You could hear a pin drop.

Ten minutes went by. “I’m waiting God, if you’re real, knock me off this platform!” Again after a few more minutes, the professor taunted God saying, “Here I am, God! I’m still waiting!”

His count down got down to the last couple of minutes when a NAVY SEAL, just released from the Navy after serving in Afghanistan and Iraq and newly registered in the class, walked up to the Professor. The SEAL hit him full force in the face, and sent the Professor tumbling from his lofty platform. The Professor was out cold.

The students were stunned and shocked. They began to babble in confusion. The SEAL nonchalantly took his seat in the front row and sat silent. The class looked at him and fell silent ….. waiting.

Eventually, the professor came to and was noticeably shaken. He looked at the SEAL in the front row. When the professor regained his senses and could speak he asked: “What the heck is the matter with you? Why did you do that?”

“God was really busy protecting America’s soldiers, who are protecting your right to say stupid things and act like an idiot. So He sent me.

DSchoen on November 12, 2008 at 12:28 AM

Joy was a partisan nitwit, as usual, that put her views over what this day is about. Disgusting.
Elizabeth was right on….

Viet Nam Vet, 1966-67

DL13 on November 12, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Click the image to watch.

Sorry, Allah, you’ve burned me enough times with this rubbish that I am going all Smokey the Bear on you.

“Kids, Smokey says, Don’t play with Allah’s video excerpts of THE VIEW. Remember, only you can prevent Allah from doing more damage to our brain cells.”

Joe Pyne on November 12, 2008 at 1:14 AM

Except for Hasselbeck, all I hear is wah wah wah wah cluck

Kini on November 12, 2008 at 2:22 AM

I hate every single old wench on The View save for Hasselbeck. I absolutely hate them. As much as I hate homo pedophiles. Actually, in some way, they are much worse. Especially Whoopi Goldberg.

Hey, do you know how Whoopi got her name? She got her name because she would fart so much before, during and after her comedy acts that people started calling her whoopi (as in the whoopi cooshin that makes the fart sound when you sit on it).

Just disgusting and disgraceful in every way.

TheMightyQuinn on November 12, 2008 at 4:16 AM

Joy Behar is an oxygen thief of the first order. I wish someone would muzzle that moronic dog.

PJ Emeritus on November 12, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Cluck…Cluck…Cluck…Cluck.

mojo on November 12, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Behar would look better in a burqa

Bevan on November 12, 2008 at 2:02 PM