Support Project Valour-IT!

posted at 2:32 pm on November 11, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Soldiers Angels has launched its annual drive to provide specially-fitted laptops for wounded veterans.  Project Valour-IT enters its third year in helping our nation’s heroes adapt to life back home with the techonology that will allow them to compete. As is tradition here at Hot Air, we’ll join the Air Force team in helping raise money for the cause:

I met Project Valour-IT founder last year without realizing it at first, in the Tahoe airport after the first CLC conference. I spoke with him later at BlogWorld. He does tremendous work for his fellow veterans, and the best part of it is that we can work on the same mission.

We’ll keep you updated on the progress of the mission as we continue it. It runs through Thanksgiving, but don’t wait until the last minute to make a wounded warrior happy. On Veterans Day, I can’t think of a better way to honor their sacrifices.

Comments

so how did Soldiers Angels do in that give away vote we pushed not long ago? anybody know?

Kaptain Amerika on November 11, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Ed, I don’t post often, but I just wanted to tell you that you are the type of person I strive to be as I progress further into adulthood (newlywed, late 20′s, female).

God bless.

Keep doing good things.

flyawaybird on November 11, 2008 at 2:42 PM

At times I do get laptops. But, there are issues with them. I keep them in the graveyard for possible parts. Do they have to be intact? Or do they mind fixing them? This is great. I will let my friends that own computer shops about this also. Anything to help the Brave Men and Women.

sheebe on November 11, 2008 at 2:47 PM

where is my second follow up comment?

Kaptain Amerika on November 11, 2008 at 3:29 PM

My wife is the Soldiers Angels VA coordinator in Dallas. They have adopted the Spinal Cord Injuries…. We’re always getting knitted booties, blankets, “stump” covers and all shipped to us….

CynicalOptimist on November 11, 2008 at 3:44 PM

Sheebe, what the Valour IT people need is money for new laptops and voice recognition software for our warriors who’ve lost the ability to use a mouse and keyboard. Learn more at http://soldiersangels.org/index.php?page=project-valour-it. The Soldiers’ Angels and their Valour IT team are true angels among us; I can’t say enough good things about them.

bdfaith on November 11, 2008 at 3:51 PM

I’m an Air Force father.

Hal-9000 on November 11, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Wonderful post, Ed, but you made a mistake. You’ve got the Air Force widget up there.

Army! Army! Army!

:0)

tuffy on November 11, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Go Navy! They are the leader in donations so far!
Navy! Navy! Navy!

NavyWife on November 11, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Oh Captain, My Captain!

Ed, have you forgotten your heritage so quickly?

Not so long ago, there was a blogger, Captain Ed at Captain’s Quarters. Married to the First Mate. Father of the Little Admiral.

Why, oh why have you abandoned the service that you so dearly loved?

If it it because you long to soar with the eagles, you can Fly Navy. Where you don’t need thousands of feet to land, just a postage stamp! ;-)

ajrystad on November 11, 2008 at 5:05 PM

My recently deceased Dad, WWII B-17 pilot, would have been happy to see this post. I love how Hot Air reminds me of my gratitude for our freedom.

Moxie on November 11, 2008 at 5:31 PM

I’m an airman, and have been so for over 25 years… But on this issue, on this day (and on the day after a certain service’s birth day), why get parochial at all?

And don’t forget… give till it hurts. They did.

darkpixel on November 11, 2008 at 5:36 PM

Great job Ed, thanks.

mylegsareswollen on November 11, 2008 at 5:43 PM

Go Air Force! The other guys like to tease us, but when they get into a jam, who do they call? That’s right, the AIR FORCE! :-)

Soldier’s Angels has been at the top of my charity list for a while now, thanks to HotAir!

Tony737 on November 11, 2008 at 6:09 PM

is someone ever going to approve my comment?

Kaptain Amerika on November 11, 2008 at 6:21 PM

For the confused peeps, it’s a competition. I realize it would be difficult to understand that since Ed accidentally only posted the Air Force widget.

If you go to the site, you can donate under any branch. The competition aspect is fun and encourages more donations. At least, I hope so.

Army! Army! Army!

Army always wins so you might as well just give to Army!

tuffy on November 11, 2008 at 6:23 PM

Ghostbusters?

Just Paypal’d my donation… to the Army team’s “bucket”.

malclave on November 11, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Donation made through PayPal, one of the best inventions evah.

Buy Danish on November 11, 2008 at 7:14 PM

hey monkies… Soldiers Angels won the Squidoo contest! woot woot

Kaptain Amerika on November 11, 2008 at 9:07 PM

I don’t know but it’s been said,
Air Force wings are made of lead.

I don’t know, but I’ve been told,
Navy Wings are made of gold!

;) Go NAVY!

Former Navy, married to former Navy here, but I have a sister and brother-in-law in the Air Force, and a brother-in-law in the Army Reserve who gets called up a lot, so I know we are all in this together. God bless our troops, no matter the color of their uniforms.

pannw on November 12, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Wow I am about a week late to this thread however…thanks Ed/HA for joining the AF team.

I first heard about Project Valour-IT when Bryan posted about it on this site back in 2006.

I know it is a friendly inter-service contest, however the AF team has got their butt kicked over the last couple of years.

I hope this year will be different.

Having daily posts about Project Valour IT and links to the AF team donate button will help (hint hint hint).

F15Mech on November 17, 2008 at 1:37 AM