Open thread: Palin and Greta on leaks and the election

posted at 9:00 pm on November 10, 2008 by Allahpundit

10 p.m. ET on Fox, her first interview since election night. Expectations that anything noteworthy will come of it are near nil, but we’re staring down the barrel of a 10-week news lull so let’s seize a rare opportunity for an open thread while we can. There’s no way she’s going to name names on the leakers but we might get a little generic “jerks” rhetoric out of her. Or, for maximum drama, a wistful lament that Maverick hasn’t rushed to her defense as fast as he might have.

Wait, did I say this is her first interview since the election? You’re a day late, Greta. Click the image to watch.

Update: I spoke too soon: The media’s relentless effort to inflate her rudimentary expressions of faith into some sort of fundie lunacy has led AFP to pronounce this a very noteworthy interview indeed. Exit question: Did you know that Sarah Palin won’t appear publicly with people who are pro-choice? I read it in Newsweek so it must be true.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6

Just like Reagan, the cowards attack from under cover and from afar. But when her critics meet her, they know she’s special. I bet Todd has a long list of those he’d like to deliver some whoopass to.

The Gipper is smiling down on Sarah.

PC14 on November 11, 2008 at 12:16 AM

First Dude

See, Sarah is so considerate. Being gorgeous herself and having all the guys drooling, she is thoughtful enough to have a Smoking Hawt husband for us girls to oogle.

So nice of her! :-)

baldilocks on November 11, 2008 at 12:17 AM

hahahaha. True enough baldi!

XWing5 on November 11, 2008 at 12:21 AM

Rose on November 11, 2008 at 12:07 AM

I understand what your friend has gone through. I, however never felt it was “no big deal.” I so, so wanted to have that child but unfortunately knuckled under to those who told me how my “life would be ruined, ” etc. I blame no one but myself, the decision was mine. It was wrong. It cost me a child who could have made my life greater. It cost me my conscience. It cost me my soul. THIS is why when I hear people dis Bristol Palin for having her baby, or saying that Sarah and Todd “forced” her to have the child, I get totally RABID. I’ve seen Bristol hold her little brother. Bristol GETS IT. It is a baby. Oh, by the way, it’s HER baby! She had a hard, hard choice. I doubt if her parents would have kicked her to the curb had she chosen the alternative. But I can absolutely understand their approval of the path she chose. I wish that young woman luck, and I wish her joy in her child…unlike the liberal “feminists” who should be ashamed to use that term–who are so very vocal that Bristol should have aborted THAT THING.

Chewy the Lab on November 11, 2008 at 12:24 AM

Of course not. He needed to save his own honor–because that’s who was being dishonored by the leaker, not the governor.

baldilocks on November 11, 2008 at 12:12 AM

Fair point, I will admit I am more concerned with Palin.

msmveritas on November 11, 2008 at 12:33 AM

Chewy, I just wanted to make sure that my original statement wasn’t misunderstood. I wish I had gotten back to the conversation earlier when terri was here. She felt I was harsh. I was. But like I said later it is not women who made a choice that they came to regret who I have contempt for. It is women like Mrs. Obama who see unwanted pregnancies as inconveniences that need to be done away with. The type of people who pushed you and others like you to make a life changing decision because of their heartlessness.

Rose on November 11, 2008 at 12:33 AM

Expectations that anything noteworthy will come of it are near nil

by Allahpundit

HotAir Blogger in basement soils his pajamas in fear from Obama’s Socialist Agenda and Moose Hunting Mom cooking Moose Chili, But mostly by Moose Hunting Mom cooking Moose Chili.

Fixed

BDU-33 on November 11, 2008 at 12:38 AM

The Gipper is smiling down on Sarah.

PC14 on November 11, 2008 at 12:16 AM

This reads like Reagan was a coward who attacked from under cover. I think I understand what you were trying to say.

Sarah will “rebound and shoot the winning basket.”

miron on November 11, 2008 at 12:39 AM

who are Mitt’s advisers? Who are Jindal’s advisers?? Relax. I GUARANTEE you if she decides to run in 2012 she will hire a GREAT group of political advisers to guide her. There isnt a shortage of political advisers wanting to be part of a big-time political run.

ousoonerfan15 on November 11, 2008 at 1:08 AM

Rose on November 11, 2008 at 12:33 AM

Rose, never any offence taken. Thank you. I’m not whining, only regretful, and hope other women/girls just go into this “CHOICE” with their eyes wide open and make the “CHOICE” that is right for them.

Chewy the Lab on November 11, 2008 at 1:09 AM

Chris Matthews speculating on Sarah Palin’s future, from the snakepit at HuffPo

Yeah, well, you know that phrase — where is Matt Lauer? Where in the world is Matt Lauer? He’s with Governor Palin up in Alaska! And they’ve got a limited budget at the ‘Today’ show these days, and they’re spending on her. That tells you something.”

msmveritas on November 11, 2008 at 1:17 AM

by Allahpundit

Fixed

BDU-33 on November 11, 2008 at 12:38 AM

my youngest son’s nickname is “Chili Moose.” LOL

Chewy the Lab on November 11, 2008 at 1:20 AM

I have complete sympathy for women who at an earlier point in their lives bought into the lie that the baby was not viable and had abortions out of ignorance. I know women like this and have seen their pain when they were married and starting their families and realized that it was a human life that they had ended. These are not the women I criticize. It is the rabidly pro abortion woman, she who has no guilt or remorse concerning such a violent act. The woman who encourages the practice and sees nothing wrong with it.

Rose on November 10, 2008 at 11:18 PM

I’m right with you here Rose. When I was younger and very liberal, I never thought of a fetus as an actual human being, just a clump of cells. Which, of course, is what feminists train young impressionable minds to believe. However, I think terryannonline makes a good point too, and is not a terrible person as some others have suggested here. Hearing conservatives say what a monster anyone who would have an abortion was, went in one ear and out the other. In fact, it made me more liberal, as is often the case with young people. When you attack and name call, they do just the opposite. Eventually, God changed my heart. I remember so clearly driving down Lake Shore Drive thinking about God, praying about something entirely different and it hit me like a ton of bricks what an awful, awful thing abortion was. It was then that I became a born again Christian. Up until that time I was a Christian in name only, but for some unknown reason, felt compelled to pray that day. Of course now I know it was the Holy Spirit who compelled me.

macblanegirl on November 11, 2008 at 1:21 AM

macblanegirl on November 11, 2008 at 1:21 AM

If you’re sincere, I bless you. If not, I defile you.

Chewy the Lab on November 11, 2008 at 1:25 AM

macblanegirl on November 11, 2008 at 1:21 AM

What a testimony. Praise God! I’m looking forward to meeting you in heaven one day with all the other Saints. May the Lord continue to bless you all and use you for His glory.

apacalyps on November 11, 2008 at 1:32 AM

Thank you very much apacalyps, I am honored to glorify Him when I can.

macblanegirl on November 11, 2008 at 1:45 AM

Sarah TOTALLY discredit the Clothes smear. She never ordered any of the clothes. She debunks Africa and NAFTA smears. Blow them out of the water.

Geochelone on November 11, 2008 at 1:53 AM

no video of the interview yet?

Brazilian Neocon on November 11, 2008 at 1:54 AM

sigh….I miss her already.

(double sigh…)

Handel on November 11, 2008 at 1:59 AM

Noticed in your interview the “lovely” dead bear decor, Sarah.

Was this from one of those “FUN” aerial hunts you support???!!!

Shelby on November 11, 2008 at 3:07 AM

Don’t know if anyone is still on this thread, but I went to bed and tossed and turned and decided to get up and say one more piece on the pro-life thing.
Step into my “Way Back” machine, You know to the time when abortions were scare and Chastity was a way of life, (not the name of a little girlwho was the daughter of a couple of 70s rock stars). Now, boys and girls I ain’t here to scare y’all…in fact, some of ya are gonna call me redneck or, gol-darn worse for this. So be it.
Any-who(spit), I remember them days when it was sinful, sinful I tell ya!!!!! for a young gal to get herself, let’s say in the “family way.”
Yes sir, we shipped her ass off to a distant relative in Portland and we never spoke of the sit-chi-ation again, especially when she came back from Portland.
Now, every once in a while this little trollip by word or deed would make reference to this “Unfortunate incident” [as we would like to call it]). But we would just scoff and change the subject: How ’bout them redskins? y’all don’t see them havin’ babies out of wedlock, do you? And with these comments her shame would grow. She would have liked to talk about the experience: the loneliness, the isolation, the fact of being a sociatal pariah. Instead, she smiled.
Well, the the little girl who got shipped off to Portland met a man and got married. She had a couple of kids and she loved them. But every time she looked into those kids eyes, she saw another child.
If you’re reading this, you get it, I’ll not go farther. If you’re a parent of a pregnant daughter, think twice before you pressure her to have an abortion. Tell her the choice is hers. Offer her your support. If she makes the decision to have your grandchild, I promise, you’ll love that baby!!! If she makes the decision NOT to have it, (guess what, you’ll still love that baby.)But you’ll still love your kid too, and she’s gonna need a hellava lot of that love, and a hellava lot of support from you.
Sorry, this didn’t go exactly where I thought it would, but it went where it needed to.
Actually (I’m sure they aren’t here now) the ones I want to address are the ugly, ugly (I mean ugly in a spiritual sense, not physical)folks who name call, mock and yes, gloat (Not to mention gloat a whole bunch.).
See, from my little corner of the world, people like Sarah and Bristol Palin who, for one reason or another choose to have a child that others say should not be born are Saints. To those of you who can’t understand, or acknowledge their right to CHOOSE life, I say: I see in you such a pettiness: such a self-rightious smuggness. Please think about what you preach vs. what you live and take a huge step back and get over yourselves, please.

Chewy the Lab on November 11, 2008 at 3:10 AM

Noticed in your interview the “lovely” dead bear decor, Sarah.

Shelby on November 11, 2008 at 3:07 AM

Recent studies have revealed that men who have erectile dysfunction are more likely to hate women.

You comments are sexist, get help.

Geochelone on November 11, 2008 at 3:31 AM

Mmmmm…..I love women who kill animals and eat the meat then make neat stuff out of what is left. Funny that is what humans have done since there have been humans, and animals too for that matter.

Shelby, your extremism is very boring. Sarah Palin is awesome, and you suck. Deal with it. The world is as it is, and has always been, not as you wish it were.

Brian1972 on November 11, 2008 at 3:51 AM

That bear ain’t dead. He’s just acting calm-submissive around Pack Leader Sarah.

Mr. Wednesday Night on November 11, 2008 at 4:00 AM

Also, Shelby remember that in Alaska that bear would have no moral conflict about eating YOU if he had a chance, and those wolves you are so fond of freaking out over would rip you to bloody shreds and love every bite. It’s called life, you should check it out sometime.

So come down off of your high horse, slaughter and field dress it, make some horsey BBQ and a nice horsey leather jacket for yourself.

Brian1972 on November 11, 2008 at 4:05 AM

Shelby kills carrots and rips them out of the ground by their soiled covered taproots. Utterly inhumane.

Kokonut on November 11, 2008 at 4:56 AM

Kokonut on November 11, 2008 at 4:56 AM

Ok that’s funny I don’t care what anyone says well done

brianpierre on November 11, 2008 at 5:35 AM

Noticed in your interview the “lovely” dead bear decor, Sarah.

Was this from one of those “FUN” aerial hunts you support???!!!

Shelby on November 11, 2008 at 3:07 AM

You’re pro-life a guess , right?

the_nile on November 11, 2008 at 6:23 AM

shelby:

Teddy Roosevelt was a hunter. Do you hate him too? You know who he is doncha? Look at Mount Rushmore.

Terrye on November 11, 2008 at 7:04 AM

Noticed in your interview the “lovely” dead bear decor, Sarah.

Was this from one of those “FUN” aerial hunts you support???!!!

Shelby on November 11, 2008 at 3:07 AM

He said as he hung up his wife’s baby tarp seal jacket.

drjohn on November 11, 2008 at 7:38 AM

Shelby on November 11, 2008 at 3:07 AM

Hey Shelby, did I ever show you these videos?

Try to select one with unedited sound. You can actually hear the seals screaming as the club smash their skulls! Watch a few with actually video and you’ll see some really great high speed blood spatter. It must squirt 20 feet or so.

Harp seal meat is delicious, good for you, and my seal fur undies keep me warm on cold winter nights.

csdeven on November 11, 2008 at 7:49 AM

If she appears to have a more moderate view of abortion in the 2012. I think she could possibly make gains in the women vote.

terryannonline on November 10, 2008 at 9:04 PM

Here’s the thing… The GOP has done this for years now. They moderate on taxes, spending, social issues and become Dem-Lite. The voters have rejected that.

I think Sarah Palin can run as pro-life as she is right now because she truly believes her position and lives her position.

If she moderates her position to win an election then I don’t know if I would even want to vote for her. If she moderated her position because she had some sort of epiphany, then so be it.

At this point, I am looking for candidates who have principles which they live by and vote by. Losing with moderates hasn’t been any more fun than losing with strident partisans.

myrenovations on November 11, 2008 at 8:22 AM

I taped the interview last night and watched about half of it this morning. To all the fools who voted for Barack Hussein Obama, I pray we’ll survive the depression until we can vote in Palin 2012.

Onager on November 11, 2008 at 8:31 AM

The 7 year old kid is walking around in high-heeled boots. What a trashy bunch.

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 8:31 AM

My favorite bumper sticker EVER:

“I didn’t claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables.

PackerBronco on November 11, 2008 at 8:37 AM

everybody’s big boys and big girls in this world of politics. . .

Mmmmmm, no. I love you to death Sarah, but in that assumption, you are seriously in error. In fact I’ve been thinking of making a bumper sticker that says, “Vote GOP. Because adults should be in charge.”

What do I mean?

“The surge has failed, the war is lost.” = “Are we there yet? This trip sucks, we’re never going to get there.”

Hauling oil company execs before Congress when oil prices go up = “I’m sawing my baseball in half because it made the window break–that’s why.”

New York City will be under 20′ of water because of “global warming” = “Shut the closet door daddy, because monsters will come out when it gets dark.”

Worrying about what the “international community” thinks about our foreign policy = “Daaaaad, like, I sooo can’t go to school with this huge zit on my foreheard–hellooooo–that slut Susie McCaskey will tease me all day.”

“Dad. I promise I’ll never smoke cigarettes again.” = Nancy Pelosi saying, “This will be the most transparent Congress ever.”

Etc, etc, etc, ad nauseam. Those of you who have kids can make up your own.

smellthecoffee on November 11, 2008 at 8:42 AM

LOL, Kos is all offended over her bloggers in pajamas in their basements comment

lodge on November 11, 2008 at 8:42 AM

Did some of you read Greta’s Blog on gretawire? There were many postings there that scolded Great fo rbeing too easy on Gov Palin. What were your impressions? Was the interview (at least the segment we’ve seen so far) fair? inquisitive enough? not probing enough? or meant to be a way of Greta asking the Gov what her side of the story was?

Personally, I like Greta’s style. She seems to truly like the Palin’s and I see nothing wrong with that, but worry that she may not want to ask a really tough question should it need to be asked. I was curious what you folks thought about this? Am I likeing the way Great does her job because she has been so much more reasonable to Gov Palin, or is she lobbing softballs?

Red State State of Mind on November 11, 2008 at 8:48 AM

Hi fellas!

Manly, rules are meant to be broken…unless you took care of business and you are now a “Jack Bauer” blogger…yup. I caught on the interview last night about 15 mins. late, I was out of town and was helping out solve a major family problem…you know, the type where “there’s one in every family” situations…

I was glued to that TV, so jealous I could not be there in that kitchen, wishing we had “Smell-A-Vision” technology. I posted a message on Greta Wire see if she conveys my message to Sarah. Crossing fingers here!

Question: HOW MUCH DO YOU GUYS THINK SHE COULD CHARGE FOR SPEECHES AND CONFERENCES ALL OVER THE STATES? Demand will be high to have her all over the place.

As far as Bill O’Reilly, well he has to leave the comfort of his studio and travel to AK if he wants a piece of the action. And Todd, please make him ride a snow machine!!!! *picturing Bill O’ with racing winter gear scared to death*

ProudPalinFan on November 11, 2008 at 8:51 AM

The 7 year old kid is walking around in high-heeled boots. What a trashy bunch.

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Reading this post I assume you don’t have a daughter. Well I have a 4-year old one who looks up to me, loves my clothes and I have to constantly tell her to get the heck out of my closet…she takes all my shoes off the shelves and spreads them all over the floor, picks a pair and off on high heels she goes.

That is called NORMAL. I have also a 7-year old boy so I know how their minds work. If you don’t have a kid that loves you and looks up to you wanting to imitate what you do, I feel sorry for your ass. Uncalled attacks on Sarah, Todd, Piper or any of her other kids will face my wrath guaranteed. *brushing off navel lint on thread*

ProudPalinFan on November 11, 2008 at 8:59 AM

Do you think the Obama children dress up in their mother’s clothes? Or do the children recognize that the clothes are just too damn ugly?

kelley in virginia on November 11, 2008 at 9:01 AM

Noticed in your interview the “lovely” dead bear decor, Sarah.

Was this from one of those “FUN” aerial hunts you support???!!!

Shelby on November 11, 2008 at 3:07 AM

disgusting troll alert

bill30097 on November 11, 2008 at 9:03 AM

Sarah continues to impress.

latinchic on November 11, 2008 at 9:07 AM

Kelley I haven’t seen any piece of clothing on Michelle that would make me stop and look at her again, ykwim? The one at the acceptance speech she looked like a sand clock. I just wanted to flip her upside down!

I don’t get the Jackie K. thing because when it comes to originals and “old school”, I know better than to not make comparisons between movie stars, high class fashion icons and a potential first lady.

I wonder what would be her pick if she gets invited to the Oscars….

ProudPalinFan on November 11, 2008 at 9:08 AM

Michelle,my belle, is NO Sarah Palin.

kelley in virginia on November 11, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Red State State of Mind on November 11, 2008 at 8:48 AM

I was under the assumption that this interview was to allow Gov. Palin to give her side of the attacks and hideous rumors from the campaign. What I saw here on these boards and Greta’s as well are the same paid employees of the one attacking Gov. Palin with the same hate and rage that we have seen from the first minute she walked on the stage to deliver her first speech.

Example 1:

The 7 year old kid is walking around in high-heeled boots. What a trashy bunch.

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Example 2: Noticed in your interview the “lovely” dead bear decor, Sarah.
Was this from one of those “FUN” aerial hunts you support???!!!
(Link removed)
Shelby on November 11, 2008 at 3:07 AM

Greta was a journalist, the first I have seen in a very long time, who gave Gov. Palin the respect and honor she deserved. the one and all of his paid kool-ade fear her for the truth and love she gives to everyone, especially her family.

brianpierre on November 11, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Shelby on November 11, 2008 at 3:07 AM

Shelby..

it’s called wildlife management.. keep the predators down so that the deer, elk, and moose can flourish..

if predators like wolves over populate, they spread out to, you know, small towns and people’s backyard and elementary schools..

if you can’t understand that concept.. there’s no hope for you and I’m wasting my time.

DaveC on November 11, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Hmmm the aerial wolf hunts were started in 1948 by federal agents. I’m no genius but me thinks that Sarah Palin wasn’t even born then, much less governor of Alaska. You know what I’d like to see? A bunch of animal rights folks talk a wolf pack out of eating them.

*stands up* I’m a proud young mama who kills deer with a 30-06, processes them into various foods, and makes things out of them. I’d gladly shoot a wolf from a plane, given the opportunity and look good while doing it. With a baby on my hip if necessary. Romney/Palin 2012! *sits down*

Doppleganker on November 11, 2008 at 9:15 AM

The 7 year old kid is walking around in high-heeled boots. What a trashy bunch.

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 8:31 AM

Notify the Greater Wasilla Child/Family Services!

OOh, and did you notice she has an unauthorized ventilation hood over her stove? Call Chris Matthews! Notify the blogosphere!

(NOT! Made you look, you troll. You need to find a bigger problem. Shouldn’t you be out saving the world, instead worrying about how one parent has decided to raise her children?)

smellthecoffee on November 11, 2008 at 9:16 AM

lodge on November 11, 2008 at 8:42 AM

The truth hurts.

Phoenician on November 11, 2008 at 9:27 AM

How do you take the concept ” Thy will not mine be done” and turn it into a headline like that is something I’d like API to explain to me.

First thing I’d like to point out is that quite a few “12 step” people use that concept to stay clean. I think it’s the “3rd step”. I think they also use the term “Let go & let God”. So do some liberal self help groups. They call it “releasing” or “acceptance”. So I guess API thinks those happy yahoos ought to stop doing they very things that improve their lives, eh? No wonder those Hollywood types can’t seem to stay sober. They listen to MSM horsesh!t like this.

Sultry Beauty on November 11, 2008 at 9:30 AM

I missed the Greta interview. Is it up on the Web anywhere yet?

I really enjoyed the local interview. And I still admire and respect Governor Palin. She has handled all of this storm with such grace and humility.

rockmom on November 11, 2008 at 9:49 AM

I much prefer a political leader who’s life skill set includes the ability to provide her own food over one who would starve to death in the wild.

el rey on November 11, 2008 at 9:51 AM

Michelle,my belle, is NO Sarah Palin.

kelley in virginia on November 11, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Thank god for that,and by the way your right,Michelle Obama isn’t Caribou Barbie, She’s the incoming First Lady of the United States of America, Mother of the First Family and wife of the: PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

BARRACK HUSSIAN OBAMA(as you GOP’ers love to use his middle name)

It will be fun to watch Neo-Con Chief Justice John Roberts say those famous words when he swears in President-Elect Obama to the most powerful office in the world.

You can almost here it now:

Roberts:”Repeat after me,I Barrack Hussian Obama(with clinched teeth)

so keep on saying it

DcMike2K on November 11, 2008 at 9:58 AM

Sorry. A 7 year old in high heels is just plain trashy. If you are defending it, you are probably trashy too.

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Luckily conservatives believe in freedom so we wont try and ban it like libtards

lodge on November 11, 2008 at 10:06 AM

So, did part one of the Matt Lauer interview air this morning? Anybody watch?

meltenn on November 11, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 10:01 AM

good point,I have 2 girls 9 and 6 and I don’t let them walk around like that and somebody explain why the girls are going around with LV handbags? I can be mistaken but don’t those go for a couple of hundred bucks? maybe even a thousand?

DcMike2K on November 11, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Seriously?????? You sicken me. Yuk!

Well, Chewy, I’m not sure what is sickening about what I said. If anything is sickening it’s the treatment of Palin by other women.
The level of hatred, contempt and utter derangement directed at Sarah Palin by liberal feminists can’t simply be explained away by the fact that she wears an unstylish updo and comes from a small town. Something deeper is going on and I stand by my statement, supported by my background as a misguided liberal feminist. These women, now in their 40′s, usually childless and on their 2nd or 3rd marriage, resent what Sarah represents. A woman who has always put family first and seems pretty darn happy. Liberal feminists have always put themselves first and they sure don’t seem like a happy bunch. They resent that Sarah reminds them of their own failed choices.

CarolynM on November 11, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 10:01 AM

DcMike2K on November 11, 2008 at 10:14 AM

C’mon guys..this is one way little girls play being big girls. Don’t take it so seriously. Nothing trashy about it. Worry about it if your little boys are doing it, tho.

gracie on November 11, 2008 at 10:37 AM

I thought I saw carl cameron’s head in that pot

joey24007 on November 11, 2008 at 10:42 AM

I wonder if people who are angry with Bristol Palin for not having abortion are equally angry with the mother of Barack Obama who got pregnant pretty much at the same age and who was unmarried as well for not having abortion.

finallyhere on November 11, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Wow, the trolls are getting desperate, picking on Piper now.

It’s so funny to see how some react to seeing a real person with a real family in politics. We’re so used to seeing plastic versions of adults and children paraded around, that anything else is “trashy,” whether it’s Sarah’s easy-care hairdo or now Piper being herself. I say the same thing to conservatives who are criticizing Michelle Obama’s choices of clothes and hairstyles and even her figure. She’s a real person who was quickly thrust onto a national political stage, and she looks and dresses like millions of working moms.

rockmom on November 11, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 10:01 AM

DcMike2K on November 11, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Geez, go blog about how Hollywood dresses their kids up like pimps and whores.

hawkdriver on November 11, 2008 at 10:54 AM

So, did part one of the Matt Lauer interview air this morning? Anybody watch?

meltenn on November 11, 2008 at 10:14 AM

Available here.

Phoenician on November 11, 2008 at 10:55 AM

I thought I saw carl cameron’s head in that pot

joey24007 on November 11, 2008 at 10:42 AM

snort!

hawkdriver on November 11, 2008 at 10:56 AM

finallyhere on November 11, 2008 at 10:43 AM

Double standards never bother liberals. That’s one thing we need to get through our heads. We can never beat them by pointing out their hypocrisies. They don’t care. Whatever they can beat us over the head with, they will, no matter how much it contradicts what they think or know about their own candidate or philosophy.

Liberals were, and still are, furious that the discovery of Bristol’s pregnancy failed to turn conservatives away from Gov. Palin. They have the stereotype in their heads that we all oppose abortion but would still disapprove of and stigmatize a young woman who got pregnant and did not have an abortion. They think our opposition to abortion is based on mass hang-ups about sex. I’m married to a liberal and he has said this a million times.

rockmom on November 11, 2008 at 10:57 AM

Think back to how young our Mums and Grandmums were when they had children… 17 years old? What took you so long?..You know, still 75% of all pregnancies remain unplanned. Let’s get onboard and love our children no matter what, in utero or out. We should revel in a pro-life stance and leave the anger out.

gracie on November 11, 2008 at 10:57 AM

I thought I saw carl cameron’s head in that pot

LMAO

lodge on November 11, 2008 at 11:01 AM

During the first part of the Lauer interview on Today, one thing stuck out about Sarah. Unlike those McCain insiders (coaches in baseball terms) who are willing to throw her under the bus, Sarah is willing to defend the ‘strategy’coaches for their decision to limit Sarah’s media and press availability during the campaign. She calls it ‘inside baseball’. She appears to take the position “It is what it is.” Then she goes to explain how she feels about giving interviews and that it is part of the political process, because ‘you can’t assume that American voters know everything…’. With Lauer, as with Greta she came across as competent and forthcoming and loyal-three qualities I bet we wish more politicians were in possession of-nothing like the bimbo, hick, moron that the MSM and SNL have tried to portray her as being.

technopeasant on November 11, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Phoenician on November 11, 2008 at 10:55 AM

Thanks. Matt looks cold (Hee!). Piper continues to be the most adorable child ever. Can’t wait to see her on the snow machine tonight on Greta.

meltenn on November 11, 2008 at 11:02 AM

My wife said that the 7 year-old’s LV “Speedy” bag costs about $900. It’s not hard to imagine Sarah spending $150K on clothes based on that. What a klassy bunch!

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 11:05 AM

DcMike, sure knows about his handbags.
What’s the matter….get bored with all the reach arounds over at kos?

dinkyjackson on November 11, 2008 at 11:09 AM

RULE 4: “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules. (This is a serious rule. The besieged entity’s very credibility and reputation is at stake, because if activists catch it lying or not living up to its commitments, they can continue to chip away at the damage.)

It’s right from Alinskys book-o-rules rockmom. And you’re correct, the sooner we learn how much we fallen for these tactics, the better we’ll do in the future.

We got into a Biblical discussion one night on HA. A fellow Christian conceded that there were few of the Old Testament miracles that he believed in. The troll seized the opportunity to force the point then that anything from the Bible could be questioned to include the mere existence of Christ himself. So, I’m with you. Don’t sweat the small criticisms they launch at us over tick turds but never concede a core belief.

hawkdriver on November 11, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 11:05 AM

And knockoffs cost about $30 bucks. Your wife is even a bigger nut job than you. What a couple of losers you two are!

Blake on November 11, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 11:05 AM

It’s a fake that cost $50. But thanks for playing.

rockmom on November 11, 2008 at 11:10 AM

Do they not have a troll filtering system in open enrollment? Pretty typical for libs to attack little girls since they can’t fight back.

Doppleganker on November 11, 2008 at 11:12 AM

And Hardapple I don’t believe for a second that you are so stupid to not know that little girls like to play with their mothers clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry, etc. Your bile runneth over so much it gives you away as the tool you really are.

Blake on November 11, 2008 at 11:12 AM

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Face it Vern, you don’t have a clue what little girls do and that you would make such a comment speaks to how well Palin did in these interviews. I raised a little girl who did such things and guess what, she is now a freshman in an ivy league school, does loads of community service and wants to go to med school. I guess I really took the trashy route in parenting didn’t I?

msmveritas on November 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Speaking of leaks, BHO just leaked details of his private conversation with Bush, & Bush is angry:

jgapinoy on November 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 10:01 AM

Gee are you right now working some hairstyle at a salon? Put down the ‘puter and get that hairdryer and blow in to your face!

I just asked my daughter why she likes to wear my shoes…She answered, “‘Cause they’re pretty”. ‘Nuff said. Now back off of Piper…Saw that kid in person and has more class in her pinky toe than what you are showing us here.

*Using antibacterial gel*

ProudPalinFan on November 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM

I know why you libtard trolls are here trashing Palin. You’re trying to forget how obam bam is gonna be the biggest failure as a president in our nations history!
He’s WEAK! He’s pals around with TERRORISTS! He’s a LIAR!

dinkyjackson on November 11, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 11:05 AM

I’ve bought Coach knockoffs for my daughter that cost like 40 and 50 bucks. Why don’t you bitch about something important like how Nancy Pelosky is going to start taxing your 401K.

hawkdriver on November 11, 2008 at 11:15 AM

LMAO Palin is cookin’ moose stew for Lauer in part 2. can’t wait

lodge on November 11, 2008 at 11:15 AM

hawkdriver on November 11, 2008 at 11:09 AM

This is why we need to hold Obama accountable on his campaign ppromises. He’s already running away from them. I had a huge argument yesterday with my husband about John Podesta running the transition and Rahm Emanuel being appointed CoS. “Where’s the Change?” I asked him. Is this going to simply be the Clinton restoration, only without Hillary at the top? Is THAT the Change that millions of Democrats and independents really voted for? I reminded him that in the primaries Obama used a very successful line that “we aren’t going to change Washington by sending back the same people to sit in different chairs.” So why are we hearing names like Larry Summers and Jamie Gorelick being thrown around?

rockmom on November 11, 2008 at 11:16 AM

*snicker* Gorelick

Doppleganker on November 11, 2008 at 11:19 AM

jgapinoy on November 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Dick Morris said Rahm Emanuel was never able to keep his mouth shut. Clinton let Morris have it one time for telling something to Rahm because it was as good as issuing a press release. I guess Morris was right on this one.

msmveritas on November 11, 2008 at 11:20 AM

jgapinoy on November 11, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Dems are not going to support free trade with Columbia. Columbia is a Conservative stronghold in South America and Dems will have to turn that country to allow Marxism to reclaim the region.

Sorry Ronny, all that work we did in the 80-90s is going to go down the tubes.

hawkdriver on November 11, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Vernon Hardapple on November 11, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Ahh, Vernon, judging from your posts you are a typical testosterone challenged liberal male who never made a gallant or chivalrous gesture in his life. You’ll never see a conservative male judge a 7 year old girl and you really will never see them having an opinion about a handbag.

CarolynM on November 11, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Michelle,my belle, is NO Sarah Palin.

kelley in virginia on November 11, 2008 at 9:13 AM

Thank god(you really meant allah) for that,and by the way your right,Michelle Obama aint no Caribou Barbie, She’s the incoming First Lady of the United States of America,(with absolutlely no fashion sense, but great facsist sense) Mother of the First Family and wife of the: PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

BARRACKB. HUSSIAN OBAMA(as you GOP’ers love to use his middle name)(get it right dumbass)

You can almost here it now:(are we using a bible, the quran,or the black liberation bible)(maybe a pentagram?)

Roberts:”Repeat after me,I Barrack Hussian Obama(with clinched teeth)(because Justice Roberts will not allow a descecration of the constitution of the united states)

President-Elect Obama: “I Barrack Hussian Obama(Hannity,Michelle Malkin,Rush,Ann Coulter all together in a group hug crying their eyes out) planning for the future of the United States, and the mess another great republican will have to clean up after this fiasco is done.

(you are so cordially invited to STFU)so keep on saying it

DcMike2K on November 11, 2008 at 9:58 AM

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on November 11, 2008 at 11:23 AM

rockmom on November 11, 2008 at 11:16 AM

That hubby didn’t…gulp…vote for B Hussein Obama did he?

hawkdriver on November 11, 2008 at 11:23 AM

LMAO Palin is cookin’ moose stew for Lauer in part 2. can’t wait

Awesome. She should have taken him to the shooting range too. Can you imagine the reaction of David Brooks, et al. when they watched her blast away with a 12 gauge on the nightly news?

meltenn on November 11, 2008 at 11:24 AM

CarolynM on November 11, 2008 at 11:21 AM

That comment is a work of art, loved it.

msmveritas on November 11, 2008 at 11:24 AM

Don’t tease me

lodge on November 11, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Phoenician on November 11, 2008 at 10:55 AM

meltenn on November 11, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Palin looks much more relaxed and in command in these interviews. If only that would have been the first interviews she would have done.

Phoenician on November 11, 2008 at 11:28 AM