Open thread: Palin and Greta on leaks and the election

posted at 9:00 pm on November 10, 2008 by Allahpundit

10 p.m. ET on Fox, her first interview since election night. Expectations that anything noteworthy will come of it are near nil, but we’re staring down the barrel of a 10-week news lull so let’s seize a rare opportunity for an open thread while we can. There’s no way she’s going to name names on the leakers but we might get a little generic “jerks” rhetoric out of her. Or, for maximum drama, a wistful lament that Maverick hasn’t rushed to her defense as fast as he might have.

Wait, did I say this is her first interview since the election? You’re a day late, Greta. Click the image to watch.

Update: I spoke too soon: The media’s relentless effort to inflate her rudimentary expressions of faith into some sort of fundie lunacy has led AFP to pronounce this a very noteworthy interview indeed. Exit question: Did you know that Sarah Palin won’t appear publicly with people who are pro-choice? I read it in Newsweek so it must be true.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Whatever it is, it’s better than that horrendous rag Michelle Obama wore on election night.

Connie on November 10, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Hideous.

That dress was pure Running Block right there.

Hog call, too.

blatantblue on November 10, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Wow this is a great interview. I think that McCain had her in a bubble and as she said she had to pretty much stay on script. I don’t think that McCain could of won this year. I am glad to see Sarah come out and give us a voice. She’s going to be great for getting the republicans back in line.

Brat4life on November 10, 2008 at 10:59 PM

//////////ok Gov Palin is knocking this interview out of the park, grandslam baby,,,grandslam……Where was this woman duirng the campaign. Those damn McCain aids and their elite ideas. This interview would have been 2 million votes easy. Women would have flocked to Palin after seeing this women instead of that CBS of Gibson interview.

Gov Palin cooking with Palin show would have got all the HGTV voters

unseen on November 10, 2008 at 10:59 PM

winemkr on November 10, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Not looking for sympathy.

terryannonline on November 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Connie on November 10, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Um, Connie, Michelle was merely representin’ the bloods. Can’t slam her for dat, yo.

carbon_footprint on November 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

The Cuda should be the governor of NJ

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 10:58 PM

Excluding the fact that she’d probably die of car exhaust, she could take NJ and push it below NY in the highest taxed states category.

Connie on November 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Chewy the Lab on November 10, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Yaha your the one that wants to have her puppies & and I’m the one that wants the spotted one

driver on November 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Off with Fox now. I haven’t watched them in weeks. I don’t miss it.

Brat4life on November 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

I think the best thing os for her to go to the senate. She needs to use the Hillary route…go to the senate, and put your head down and work hard.

After a couple of yrs, it will all blow over. Staying in Alaska will not give her enough exposure to change all this bad publicity.

Chudi on November 10, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Executive experience beats legislative experience, and a couple of years in the Senate will do nothing to shore up the ares where she is perceived as weak, like foreign policy. You don’t just get on any committee, and there is little you can do in one term.

Sarah Palin is better off remaining the Governore, getting reelected to that position and proving that the smears had no effect on how the citizens of Alaska feel about her job performance. She should continue working on energy, which is her are of expertise, and seeing that pipeline finished while she is in office.

In the meantime, she can help downticket party members get elected. I think she will be an asset in 2010, and I heard she is helping Saxby Chambliss. She can keep making routine press appearances. She can do some committee work abroad that gets her traveling a bit and gives her more foreign policy experience. Her son is overseas, and she is CINC; she can continue supporting our troops. She can work with a media specialist whe helps her with interviewing, although she has an innate gift for communicating ideas.

chunderroad on November 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Ha, can’t wait for tomorrow to see the snow machine riding with First Dude. You won’t catch effete Obarky riding one of those blue-collar, carbon spewing death machines.

Bishop on November 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Off with Fox now. I haven’t watched them in weeks. I don’t miss it.

Brat4life on November 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Ditto. No O’Reilly for me.

Connie on November 10, 2008 at 11:01 PM

Connie on November 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

want to know what the country will be like under Obama … visit New Jersey!

Hey the car exhaust thing isn’t entirely accurate … we have some nice open land here … especially the beaches … I was in the middle of the Delaware Bay just yesterday

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

holy cow. She is GORGEOUS though.

ousoonerfan15 on November 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

After the interview, you might want to check out:

Apparently there really ARE Americans willing to fight for our country’s Constitution! What a concept!

UnderstandingisPower on November 10, 2008 at 10:42 PM

WHOA… Worth posting again!

jerrytbg on November 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Cooking with Palin could have got the HGTV voters

unseen on November 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Ditto. No O’Reilly for me.

Connie on November 10, 2008 at 11:01 PM

I haven’t watched O’Reilly in a year with the exception of his Obama interview. Which sucked.

Connie on November 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM

lol

The Cuda should be the governor of NJ

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 10:58 PM

The “Cuda WILL be POTUS.
And you know I’ve been teasing you right? Think you’re my sons’ age

Chewy the Lab on November 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM

msmveritas on November 10, 2008 at 10:50 PM

sorry but mccain has been very very wrong during this. john q public has no idea that mccain has allegedly dressed down his staff behind closed doors for this. all they know is he hasnt said jack squat in public about it. he should have been praising her to the heavens for her contributions and talking about her bright future. he didnt need to even mention the rumors, just show confidence in his pick. by not saying anything he has done his typical act of stabbing the party in the back. within 6 months he will have some ridiculous bill being passed hamstring the GOP showing what a petulant child he really is.

worst. republican. candidate. ever.

chasdal on November 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM

msmveritas on November 10, 2008 at 10:57 PM

I don’t know, it’s not like we have a bunch of clear-cut choice out there. Hopefully it’s someone like Fred, Newt, or Steele. Anybody but McCain!

WisCon on November 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Carl Cameron is now reporting that Governor Palin emerged from Atlantic City ocean in beach towel

developing

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Bravo.

The Ugly American on November 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

I visited Surf City a long time ago…in a VW Microbus. ;)

Connie on November 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Bill’s an idiot

unseen on November 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Now thats how a interview is done,
ask her a question,then interviewer
shuts mouth,(i’m not implying Greta)

and Sarah answers questions to her
satisfaction,without being interupted!

That was an example of a proper ethical
interview,compared to a dirty hitjob by
Gibson or Couric!!

canopfor on November 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Our guidos are worse on Long Island. lol

blatantblue on November 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM

want to know what the country will be like under Obama … visit New JerseyChicago!

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Fixed it for you. ;-)

conservative pilgrim on November 10, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Our guidos are worse on Long Island. lol

blatantblue on November 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM

open space is of course reserved for “family business”

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:05 PM

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Next thing you know Carl will be scouring the nude beaches.

Connie on November 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Thumbs up on this interview. the McCain camp could have got 2 million votes easy if they would have allowed her to do this type of interview instead of the Gibson or CBS

unseen on November 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Greta has a crush on “the First Dude”…………….

ManlyRash, time to come out of retirement.

Seven Percent Solution on November 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Carl Cameron is now reporting that Sarah Palin fans kicked his a$$ and dumped him in a trash can, to give him something real to report.

Right_of_Attila on November 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM

joey 24007, thanks for your Campaign Carl posts, had me laughing!

james23 on November 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Fixed it for you. ;-)

conservative pilgrim on November 10, 2008 at 11:05 PM

lol … our next president is going to be a “community organizer” from Camden

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Sussex County used to be pretty country along the Delaware river…Haven’t been there in decades. How’s it now?

jerrytbg on November 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Too funny. BO’s interviewing Greta about Sarah….

KCB on November 10, 2008 at 11:07 PM

open space is of course reserved for “family business”

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:05 PM

lol

ever see True Life: I’m a Jersey Girl?

blatantblue on November 10, 2008 at 11:07 PM

jerrytbg on November 10, 2008 at 11:06 PM

I live down in the south … haven’t been there

My Representative is one of the most conservative in the House … so at least I have SOMEBODY to vote for around here

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:07 PM

“I have some questions for her about her belief system.” Bill O’Reilly.

I pray Sarah does not go on O’Reilly so we can watch him flip out for the next decade.

CanadianGuy on November 10, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Too funny. BO’s interviewing Greta about Sarah….

KCB on November 10, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Bill is an idiot

unseen on November 10, 2008 at 11:08 PM

lol

ever see True Life: I’m a Jersey Girl?

blatantblue on November 10, 2008 at 11:07 PM

nope

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:08 PM

Now thats how a interview is done,
ask her a question,then interviewer
shuts mouth,(i’m not implying Greta)

and Sarah answers questions to her
satisfaction,without being interupted!

That was an example of a proper ethical
interview,compared to a dirty hitjob by
Gibson or Couric!!

canopfor on November 10, 2008 at 11:04 PM

+1……………. but then Colmes would be out of a job.

Could you imagine that “thing” in Alaska and what it would do to his face?

Seven Percent Solution on November 10, 2008 at 11:09 PM

I’ve decided I have a girl crush on her, and me…a staunchly straight female. …… I can remember once I called a room full of clients based in San Francisco “folks” and was almost fired from the account.)
I think she’s awesome, and I haven’t even seen Greta’s interview yet.
I, too, have a girl crush and like you, am quite straight. I had to laugh at your SF comment — I once worked at a facility in the Bay area and the attitudes were quite intolerant.

Mutnodjmet on November 10, 2008 at 10:34 PM

I was born in Silicon Valley the same year as Sarah and spent the first 35 years of my life in the SF Bay Area.

Although there are exceptions, in general you will not find more bigoted, intolerant, selfish, arrogant people in the country with the exception of Manhattan maybe and Seattle. And I’ve been all over the country through my contracting work.

And they are mostly very liberal and secular. If you are gay, lesbian, non-Christian, or from another country they are not as intolerant.

I remember a story my Dad told me when he was still teaching High School up the peninsula. He got a lot of the kids of the Stanford professors. This boy came to school from Georgia once. A good looking tall blond kid. The other kids treated him really bad saying his family owned slaves and s*it like that. He asked my Dad why they were like that towards him. My Dad said something to him along the lines of “Look, you are doing just fine. Just ignore that stuff and don’t let it get you down. There is nothing wrong with you.” He said later that fall, he noticed him with a really cute cheerleader hanging on his arm between classes. I’m sure he did just fine.

My Dad would never ever give an ‘F’ to any black students, even if they never showed up at class. He would give them a D-. It was the only exception he made for anybody from his rules. The reason was that he could be targeted as a racist and like most high school administrations in the public system in CA, they would rarely stick up for teachers. My father up til 1980 when my Mom went back to work, was the sole breadwinner for our family of six. It is understandable why he had to make that exception. Family was ALWAYS FIRST.

Sapwolf on November 10, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Colmes looks like a sad Panda..

all the time, too….

blatantblue on November 10, 2008 at 11:09 PM

Hee! Me too. I’d like to see his head explode one day. I know it’s going to happen. That or he’s going to have a heart attack on live TV.

meltenn on November 10, 2008 at 11:10 PM

worst. republican. candidate. ever.

chasdal on November 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Agreed he was but I bet she would have refused him if he had offered to speak out about the nonsense from campaign aides. She is showing she can handle it alone.

WisCon on November 10, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Well she was never directly compared to Biden only to Obama which shows how much of a threat the left and media viewed her. I am sure she would include herself in that list. I doubt she is interested in being the head of the RNC but she is the voice of the party, 57,000,000 voters said so.

msmveritas on November 10, 2008 at 11:11 PM

I want Palin to go on The Live Desk with Jane Skinner next week, so O’Reilly has to interview Jane Skinner and plea again for Palin to come on his show.

CanadianGuy on November 10, 2008 at 11:12 PM

I’m out errbody

have a good night

as levin says!

“thank me for your call!”

blatantblue on November 10, 2008 at 11:14 PM

I thought the interview while preparing food for the family was cool! Can anyone imagine Mitt Romney or Barack Obomber doing an interview while putting on some grub for the family? ha!

james23 on November 10, 2008 at 11:14 PM

I heard through a co-worker that Oprah wanted to interview Gov. Palin now that the election is over………… and she basically told her to go suck an egg.

…………….. anyone know if there is any truth to this?

It could be it’s own thread………… if true. Or like the MSM, we could just make it up, and run with it.

Seven Percent Solution on November 10, 2008 at 9:10 PM

No way. Palin would never diss Oprah in that way. I’m sure it was a simple schedule conflict with so many demands for interviews coming through. :)

You don’t want to know what my answer would be to her.

Sapwolf on November 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Strange, Sarah calling McCain to humble, I have yet to meet a humble naval aviator

dmann on November 10, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Well spending five and a half years in a Vietnamese POW camp and being tortured every day can do strange things to a man.

Dreadnought223 on November 10, 2008 at 11:16 PM

FLASH it is reported that Carl Cameron will jump to Msnbc where a reporter of his standing & wisdom will fit right in . Maybe Bill O will go to.He and Obley can have a new show togather called (the bath tub ring boys)

thmcbb on November 10, 2008 at 11:17 PM

You don’t want to know what my answer would be to her.

Sapwolf on November 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM

Yes I do…………………. Please. (use your wit)

Seven Percent Solution on November 10, 2008 at 11:17 PM

I’m out, have a good night folks, see you on another thread……… wonder what the score is on MNF.

By the way, you all are great!

Seven Percent Solution on November 10, 2008 at 11:18 PM

I didn’t mean to make a controversial statement and then leave the conversation but I was watching the interview. My statement reflects the way I personally see women who are pro abortion and have children. I remember about 15 years ago seeing a woman at a pro choice rally standing next to her daughter. The woman was literally crying because she was afraid that her daughter might loose the right to have an abortion someday. How sad. Instead of teaching her daughter to value human life she marches for her daughter’s right to destroy her own offspring. It’s pathetic.
I have complete sympathy for women who at an earlier point in their lives bought into the lie that the baby was not viable and had abortions out of ignorance. I know women like this and have seen their pain when they were married and starting their families and realized that it was a human life that they had ended. These are not the women I criticize. It is the rabidly pro abortion woman, she who has no guilt or remorse concerning such a violent act. The woman who encourages the practice and sees nothing wrong with it.

Rose on November 10, 2008 at 11:18 PM

So, I’ll see you guys in Alaska in a couple of days. I’m going to have to buy a new coat…

meltenn on November 10, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Her tone is quite bad when asked about troopergate…MOVE ON she screams. Not good Sarah. I think Jindal is the man for 2012.

FLcapitalistthug on November 10, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Screams?

I have never heard her scream ever. Now we got people accusing her of pulling a Howard Dean. God, it just never stops.

Sapwolf on November 10, 2008 at 11:20 PM

I’m reporting Newsweek is garbage.

V15J on November 10, 2008 at 11:21 PM

Reporter: Why do you think you lost?

Palin: Well, there was such a desire for change, and the Republican ticket was too much of the status quo.

That’s an AWFUL answer from Mrs. Palin. She wants to distance herself already…

Can’t say that I blame her, and there’s probably a lot of truth in her answer.

… and she really wasn’t prepared to run right now. I’m not saying I don’t like her, I think she is a genuine person and could really shake up Washington politics. But I do think that if most people in this forum would go back to her comments about shoring up your economy, then her answer wandering into health care, they’d agree this was indicative of her grasp on some huge issues.

A lot of Sarah Palkin had to say during the campaign was due to being joined at the hip with McCain. You’d probably sound a little stunted, too.

FLcapitalistthug on November 10, 2008 at 9:21 PM

If I were her, I’d probably scream the same thing. She was cleared, what else is she supposed to say? “Guilty as charged”?

ddrintn on November 10, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Yuck…”Palin”, not “Palkin” above.

ddrintn on November 10, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Connie on November 10, 2008 at 10:57 PM

Amen sister! That dress was ghastly.

Ummm… seems like I heard/read that Greta was a Ron Paul supporter – or at least supports Libertarian-type philosophy. But think about it… none of us are for sure what her philosophy is. THAT is journalism.

Let’s cut Greta some slack regarding her plastic surgery. I like her.

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:24 PM

I haven’t been hanging on every thread on this site since the election, but has Manly Rash been back on?

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:27 PM

Sarah Palin is a class act, even when she’s stuffing moose hot dogs (was that cheese she was putting in them?). She is strong, self-assured, and refreshingly normal.
A woman I would far rather have be a role model for my 16 year old daughter than Hillary or Michelle anyday.

And Greta is great.

CarolynM on November 10, 2008 at 11:30 PM

I love it when I can’t tell the allegiances of these reporters. I had heard Greta was a Hillary supporter and her husband was a “PUMA” but I don’t know how true all of that is. And that’s nice to see.

XWing5 on November 10, 2008 at 11:30 PM

So what does she have to do now to get prepare for 2012 or 2016? She has no foreign policy/economy advisers at her disposal to guide her…

How can she be ready if she’s too busy managing her state and raising her kid

The run for the presidency demands a lot from folks, I hope if she decides to run she isn’t taking this lightly. It isn’t easy.

Palinpuma on November 10, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Sorry, Oink, meant to quote that:

XWing5 on November 10, 2008 at 11:30 PM

internship possibilities?

had to say it … just had too

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:27 PM

I haven’t seen him

brianpierre on November 10, 2008 at 11:31 PM

How can she be ready if she’s too busy managing her state and raising her kid

Palinpuma on November 10, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Economic adviser right here

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:32 PM

How can she be ready if she’s too busy managing her state and raising her kid

Palinpuma on November 10, 2008 at 11:30 PM

Will anyone ask the same of Bobby Jindal?

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:32 PM

We’re all beating our brains out the last few days trying to figure out where the GOP can find new voters. Outreach to Blacks? Hispanics? But, why not fish for new voters in the biggest pond out there? The majority, Women!

We’ve got this terrific young conservative woman, Sarah Palin, who is ready for leadership and great things. How many Sarah Palins are out there? Could be millions. Think about your wives, moms and daughters, all of them receptive to some of our conservative messages, if not died in the wool conservatives themselves.

Sarah Palin has to have a prominent role in the national GOP going forward, starting today. I hope she will be the nominee in 2012, but that is a long way off, and we can’t wait that long. Lets give her a national role and get her out there for us.

And where there is one, there are more. Lets find more Sarah Palins in our own towns, counties and states, and get them into leadership spots. Both parties have been awful about promoting women. Here is where we can grow, and win!

james23 on November 10, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:27 PM

I haven’t seen him

brianpierre on November 10, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Very worrisome IMO.

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Admit it, Allah: you just love calling her “the ‘Cuda,” don’tcha..

Mr_Magoo on November 10, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Rose on November 10, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Thankyou Rose…You sound like Judge or 2 I know…ummm… With that I bid you goodnite.

jerrytbg on November 10, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Very worrisome IMO.

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Trust me, Manly Rash is reading our posts. He kept with his end of the bargain and left HA when McCain lost. He is reading though.
Manly Rash: thank you again for your positive words and tireless optimism. We lost this time but we are not done fighting yet.

carbon_footprint on November 10, 2008 at 11:36 PM

carbon_footprint on November 10, 2008 at 11:36 PM

I missed that! He said he wouldn’t come back if McCain lost?

Come on MR! There’s plenty work left to do!

Come back. I miss you!

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:38 PM

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:27 PM

I haven’t seen him

brianpierre on November 10, 2008 at 11:31 PM
Very worrisome IMO.

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:34 PM

At the risk of telling you what you may already know, Manly had a bet with another reader that if McCain lost, Manly would no longer comment on Hot Air. I’ve heard rumors that he may come back after a while – as we all wish “Mr. Man” would. We desparately want to lean on our own “Mr. Man” like Oprah did the night of Nov 4.

Do you hear us Manly? We’re crying our eyelashes off without you!

Mr_Magoo on November 10, 2008 at 11:40 PM

Chit. Arrow hit home, only difference, didn’t get the “viable” part. That wasn’t p.c. in the early ’80s. Wonder why I’m so virantly pro-life? Hello! Been there done that, and CAN’T BELIEVE IM POSTING THIS IN A PUBLIC FORUM. Talk about your mia culpa.
I mourn.

Chewy the Lab on November 10, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Chudi on November 10, 2008 at 10:50 PM

As I saw on another site, the Senate is where Republicans go to become John McCain. The ‘Cuda should stay in Alaska and keep building executive experience, and get out and do some occasional stumping and interviews. She has star power, so I think people will keep paying attention to her as time goes by.

Fallen Sparrow on November 10, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Well, is there something technical with that? Like maybe “ManlyRash” can’t, but he could comment with another screen name? The devil is in the details you know.

XWing5 on November 10, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:27 PM

I haven’t seen him

brianpierre on November 10, 2008 at 11:31 PM

I dearly miss him.

Domino on November 10, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Fallen Sparrow on November 10, 2008 at 11:42 PM

The Senate is an evil place in which one has to compromise his or her beliefs in order to get their name on some legislation that they HOPE is a success in the future … you have to wheel and deal to get somebody to support your bill and they will only support it if you support one of theirs in the future

and you want to make sure you get democrats on board so that if the bill fails you aren’t the only one holding the bag

joey24007 on November 10, 2008 at 11:45 PM

RE: ManlyRash.
I think he lost a bet on Nov 4, and left HA.
For how long ??? IDUNNO
Miss him.

pambi on November 10, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Talk about your mia culpa.
I mourn.

Prayers with ya, Chewy.

XWing5 on November 10, 2008 at 11:48 PM

MANLYRASH,the U.S.S Hot Air is still on R&R
in this stinkin gawd forsaken port-of-call!

U.S.S Hot Air will be departing real soon!

You are commanded to return to the verbal
political warship ASAP,and EXPEDITE!!

Please!!!:):):):):):)

canopfor on November 10, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Oops,I hadn’t read everything before commenting on MR.

Do you hear us Manly? We’re crying our eyelashes off without you!
Mr_Magoo on November 10, 2008 at 11:40 PM

DITTO

pambi on November 10, 2008 at 11:49 PM

XWing5 on November 10, 2008 at 11:48 PM

Thanks, I appreciate it. BTW for Manly fans, I think he is among us (sorry if I’m blowing your cover…just something that was said earlier.)

Chewy the Lab on November 10, 2008 at 11:52 PM

I still don’t understand how she will prepare for a run without advisers. I would imagine she is stocking up on a ton of books on foreign policy and fiscal conservatism..

Palinpuma on November 10, 2008 at 11:52 PM

Manly Rush et al…when God closes a window, a door is opened. There is work to do aplenty. Pull your heads out of your collective arses, brush yourselves off and start all over again.

kellyjane on November 10, 2008 at 11:59 PM

I mourn.

Chewy the Lab

Your experience made you virulently pro-life…I will wager that the very same type of experience is what has made so many liberal feminists so virulently anti-Palin. She reminds them of their choices and their regrets.
I know several women who privately mourn as you do but publicly vilify Palin.
Thanks for your honesty.

CarolynM on November 11, 2008 at 12:01 AM

You don’t want to know what my answer would be to her.

Sapwolf on November 10, 2008 at 11:15 PM
Yes I do…………………. Please. (use your wit)

Seven Percent Solution on November 10, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Ok. You insisted.

“*** **** ****** **** * ******* *****.”

Sapwolf on November 11, 2008 at 12:04 AM

driver on November 10, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Don’t blow your cover my dear. :)

Chewy the Lab on November 11, 2008 at 12:04 AM

XWing5 on November 10, 2008 at 11:42 PM

Got it!

Domino on November 11, 2008 at 12:05 AM

I think she needs to wait until 2016 to run. She’s going to need extra time to build her team because she’s so geographically removed. Sounds like Scheunemann and Biegun wouldn’t mind giving her a hand. And I know it’s sacrilege here, but I think she should reach out to Bill Clinton and get involved in the Clinton Global Initiative. He already likes her, and I’m pretty sure he has a crush on the First Dude. Even though he’s Bill Clinton, he is a former president and having a working relationship with him on something (like the CGI) is probably going to help her be taken more seriously on the world stage. Plus he knows a little bit about what being president is all about.

I’ll now duck under my desk to avoid the grenades.

meltenn on November 11, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Oink on November 10, 2008 at 11:27 PM

No. Sorry. He’s busy at the moment.

apacalyps on November 11, 2008 at 12:06 AM

I know several women who privately mourn as you do but publicly vilify Palin.
Thanks for your honesty.

CarolynM on November 11, 2008 at 12:01 AM

Seriously?????? You sicken me. Yuk!

Chewy the Lab on November 11, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Chewy, One of my closest friends had two abortions when she was in college. She wasn’t a Christian at the time and thought it was no big deal. When I met her she was married and had a beautiful daughter. She and her husband desperately wanted another child but because of scar tissue she was unable to. She was adamantly pro life. The people who push abortion just don’t see the pain that that choice causes so many women. Women like you and my friend are important as messengers to help others to not go through the same pain.

Rose on November 11, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Rose on November 11, 2008 at 12:07 AM

You are a smart lady, Rose. This is for you.

apacalyps on November 11, 2008 at 12:11 AM

I know I am in a minority on this but she didn’t need him to ride in on a horse to save her.

msmveritas on November 10, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Of course not. He needed to save his own honor–because that’s who was being dishonored by the leaker, not the governor.

baldilocks on November 11, 2008 at 12:12 AM

Er, McCain that is.

baldilocks on November 11, 2008 at 12:12 AM

Got it!

Domino on November 11, 2008 at 12:05 AM

Do I win something?? Because that would be cool.
;)