Video: The catch

posted at 7:00 pm on November 7, 2008 by Allahpundit

If the ‘Cuda had helped McCain come back to win the election, this would have been the metaphor of the year.

Actually, it’s still the metaphor of the year. Obama’s the guy who catches the ball, and the guy diving out of the back of the end zone is the financial crisis.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’ve started to issue a challenge to people who feel that way. Tell me what you like to listen to and I will try to respond with a rap group, track or even verse that you would possibly find pleasing to your oh-so refined ear.

The Race Card on November 7, 2008 at 7:48 PM

What are you, the Ambassador of Rap? I can’t imagine how profoundly pathetic your life must be to have just issued that challenge. Go sit in a closet and alphabetize salad dressings or something. Whatever you do in life, it should be done alone.

Ronnie on November 8, 2008 at 12:26 AM

The Race Card on November 7, 2008 at 7:48 PM

I just flat do not like rap or hip-hop. If my music has vocals, I want people to actually sing. Just talking in a cadence doesn’t take talent in my estimation. Just the way I feel and I really don’t care if you agree or not. You listen to what you want and so will I.

Hawthorne on November 8, 2008 at 1:07 AM

I hate rap, but I still like the Beastie Boys.

Does that make me racist?

SteakRules on November 8, 2008 at 2:53 AM

That was a sweet ass catch. The music sucked though

ricardoz on November 8, 2008 at 4:02 AM

Is that the Linkin Park guy? He stinks.

Jim Treacher on November 8, 2008 at 4:29 AM

I hate rap, but I still like the Beastie Boys.

Does that make me racist?

SteakRules on November 8, 2008 at 2:53 AM

No. You’re on one of Michelle Malkin’s sites; THAT makes you racist.

- The Cat

MirCat on November 8, 2008 at 4:45 AM

Isn’t it technically just a catch followed by a lateral? Is it a backwards pass, even if “backwards” is still inside the endzone.

Tresjin on November 8, 2008 at 5:49 AM

As a recruiter for business, that is one quick thinking team player that any business would be glad to have working with them.

MSGTAS on November 8, 2008 at 8:20 AM

Meanwhile where is John McCain?

Meet The Real Sarah Palin Blog, Has a posted a “Dear John Letter” to Senator John McCain, with a link to send your feedback, about his lack of support of his running mate, election has been ABSENT “Don’t Forget Your Wingman John”

Dr Evil on November 8, 2008 at 8:23 AM

This was an incomplete pass. Two offensive guys cannot touch a pass – cannot tip a pass to a teammate.

freywg on November 7, 2008 at 7:58 PM

You are completely wrong sir/ma’am. That rule hasn’t applied for quite some time. I know this because we ran a play similar to this one when I was in high school (graduated in ’91). As long as the ball isn’t intentionally tipped forward, it is a legal play. Unfortunately, when we attempted the play, I tipped it to a guy that couldn’t catch and the ball fell to the ground, incomplete.

As far as it being a designed play: It probably was, but the fact that they actually executed the play is amazing. This was one of the greatest high school plays I have ever seen.

We really shouldn’t ruin the play with political comparisons. Just watch it and be amazed with the effort.

rmel80 on November 8, 2008 at 8:45 AM

And one day Americans might be man enough for rugby ;)

LimeyGeek on November 7, 2008 at 7:11 PM

Or Australian Rules Football mate.

SPIFF1669 on November 8, 2008 at 8:50 AM

Just heard this on Leno “GOP = Gangup On Palin”, LOL

Dr Evil on November 8, 2008 at 9:29 AM

MSGTAS on November 8, 2008 at 8:20 AM

Just a BTW….It was a called and practiced play. A lot of timing and ability…not alot of quick thinking..

BigWyo on November 8, 2008 at 9:40 AM

It’s a good play when points go on the board!

Soccer… lmao.

Rap will always be cRap.

coldshot on November 8, 2008 at 10:41 AM

I’ve listened to hip-hop my entire life and am unabashedly conservative. Why such animosity toward rap (which I prefer to call hip-hop)? Is it the message or the music?

WaltDakota on November 8, 2008 at 11:34 AM

SuhWeet

5u93rm4n on November 8, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Once again…

Rap is to music as prose is to poetry.

ynot4tony2 on November 8, 2008 at 3:59 PM

WaltDakota on November 8, 2008 at 11:34 AM

One thing doesn’t have anything to do with the other. I hate most rap, I’m conservative and I’m black.

So there. :-P

baldilocks on November 8, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Baldilocks
This is a conservative blog. I was just interested in why many of the comments were anti-rap. People who know my political beliefs are shocked when they see my iPod. It could be that I live in South Dakota also.

WaltDakota on November 8, 2008 at 8:38 PM

His feet didn’t touch the ground while he had the ball so it was good.

There’s more to the rule. When he left the ground, he had to be in the field of play. He can’t be standing out of the field of play before jumping and tipping it back. The video never gave a good shot but it looked iffy as to whether he was in-bounds. As a former referee at the high school level in Texas, I can tell you there’s a decent chance that the end-zone ref didn’t notice where his feet were when he jumped. Most likely, he was trying to watch both the ball and where the player landed – not expecting it to play out like it did where he should have been watching the point where the player jumped. In fairness to the ref, they can’t watch for all possibilities and at the HS level they don’t have quite the experience as the guys at the college and pro game.

That being said, it looked like a really bad pass by the QB. It may have been a designed play but his pass only worked out because of the receiver’s ability. A designed play would have had the receiver with at least a chance to catch the ball without having to leave the field and leaving their only hope on what is basically a gimmick play if it was indeed by design.

slug on November 8, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Spiff1669: there is Aussie Rules being played in the USA. I’m the timekeeper/statistician for the Nashville Kangaroos.

silverpie on November 9, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Ronnie on November 8, 2008 at 12:26 AM

You’re quite hostile; you should consider rapping.

The Race Card on November 10, 2008 at 3:49 AM

Beasties started out as punk rock.

The Race Card on November 10, 2008 at 3:49 AM