Video: Obama on seances and talking to ex-presidents

posted at 3:59 pm on November 7, 2008 by Allahpundit

Via Ben Smith, who’s surprised enough to note it, and Karol, who’s seeing red from outrage. Note to The One: The fastest route to post-partisanship emphatically does not lie through Nancy Reagan jokes. Especially when she’s recovering from a broken hip.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Uh, Barry, it was Hillary Clinton who was having conversations with Eleanor Roosevelt.

corona on November 7, 2008 at 6:26 PM

This is the first things this goof is gonna start doing is ripping on past first ladies? Shouldnt he be grieving?
Its absolutely uncalled for. Get on with preparing to run the country like your supposed to be doing. You won now get on with it. The time to bash was during the campaign and thats done. geeze what an ass.

johnnyU on November 7, 2008 at 6:27 PM

I mean look at that motley crew he has up there with him. Lord help us.

johnnyU on November 7, 2008 at 6:28 PM

I will enjoy right wing talk radio foaming at the mouth over this. Slip right back into the kinds of talking points of anti-Obama hate that did nothing to sway the election. Is this how you guys felt reading the rantings of the Kos people these past 8 years?

DeathToMediaHacks on November 7, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Heh. Heheh. Heheheheh.

He can come and get me.

I aim to misbehave.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 6:24 PM

I have got your cell waiting for you at the Obama Dissidents Internment Stalag.

OberfeldwebelSchultz on November 7, 2008 at 6:28 PM

DeathToMediaHacks

Odd choice of name. Isn’t shooting your own footmen in the back considered in bad taste?

I have got your cell waiting for you at the Obama Dissidents Internment Stalag.

OberfeldwebelSchultz on November 7, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Oh goody. Be sure to turn out the light when you leave.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Ah I see – you should just be happy that the right is willing to follow the example set by the Dems and their Code Pink pals.

Ah so you are admitting that all your high and might talk about the “office of the President” and respecting it, was in fact severe partisan hackery meant to protect a Republican President. Got it! Thanks! :)

DeathToMediaHacks on November 7, 2008 at 6:25 PM

I respect the office of President. I just don’t respect that the soon-to-be occupant of said office is unqualified, unskilled, anti-American and a terrorist-sympathizer. The office is bigger than the man… and in Obama’s case that is VERY VERY true.

Republican on November 7, 2008 at 6:31 PM

Somebody get that little squirt a stool to stand on.

jdflorida on November 7, 2008 at 6:32 PM

DeathToMediaHacks on November 7, 2008 at 6:28 PM

There’s a difference between the last 8 years’ of Kos rantings and what we’re saying about Obama now: what the KosKids said about President Bush were lies and everything about Obama is totally true.
And those “talking points” against Obama almost won McCain the election, even though McCain was a terrible candidate.

Jenfidel on November 7, 2008 at 6:33 PM

What happened to “Dissent is Patriotic”? :P

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Oh goody. Be sure to turn out the light when you leave.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Lights are strictly Verboten at the Obama Dissidents Internment Stalag. I can already see that you will have a tough time there.

OberfeldwebelSchultz on November 7, 2008 at 6:33 PM

Classy Barry, very classy.

How insecure is this turd, that he has a placard that says “The Office of the President-Elect,” and has his faux presidential seal on it?! Really Barry, you don’t need to compensate anymore. You made it. Everyone knows you will be President in January. Oy.

Mallard T. Drake on November 7, 2008 at 6:35 PM

What do you hate more? The fact that Obama will never be as popular or as successful as President Reagan? Or the fact that, you woke up this morning and found out that even though Obama won you didn’t get that pony, that new house and the pile of diamonds you thought you would?

Stay classy prick. Stay classy. You’re not fit to carry Reagan’s jock strap. And neither is your President-Elect.

Republican on November 7, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Reagan was popular on the right, and he isn’t a saint. Don’t try to make it all something it isn’t.

Did Nancy consult the spirit world, is there some truth to that.

Grow up.

Good lord all Obama needs to say is “see the right focuses on the little things, I’m trying to save the free world here” and guess what ther right loses.

pick the battles and this isn’t one of them.

harry on November 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM

harry on November 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Um… that’s just incorrect… someone who is “just popular on the right” doesn’t win two landslide elections… the last of which he won every state except 1 and the District of Columbia.

Republican on November 7, 2008 at 6:41 PM

Reagan was popular on the right, and he isn’t a saint. harry on November 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Are you sure? Talked to God lately?

fogw on November 7, 2008 at 6:42 PM

Dan Quayle’s tanner brother.

profitsbeard on November 7, 2008 at 6:42 PM

I’m trying to save the free world here” and guess what ther right loses.

Oh, is that what he’s doing?
I wasn’t aware the Free World needed saving nor that Barry had been chosen to save it.
Funny, I thought he was the mere President Elect.

pick the battles and this isn’t one of them.

harry on November 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Who said it was a battle?
We just didn’t like his first outing/press conference as “Mr. Fabulous has-his-own-nameplate President Elect.”

Jenfidel on November 7, 2008 at 6:43 PM

harry on November 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM

You also probably think Carter was one of our top three Presidents. So I’m not sure your opinion qualifies here.

Republican on November 7, 2008 at 6:43 PM

I find it revealing when people:

-Speak to others, rather than with them
-Refer to people as that, rather than who.

Christien on November 7, 2008 at 6:46 PM

So, Obama having won 365 seats….

Clinton at the END of his term 65% approval – Reagan 64%

See how easy that is?

And if you look at it as a glass half empty situation 37% of the population didn’t like him, ditto Clinton.

To paint Reagan as a Saint has held the conservative party back (he had faults). Most young voters today don’t know and don’t give a darn about Reagan.

I sat there and all I heard the conservatives talk about was a guy who was President 30 years ago.

Way to keep relevant.

harry on November 7, 2008 at 6:49 PM

Well, when Lincolns ghost walks through his freakin bedroom, he’ll chang that tune. LOL. He’ll turn white with fear.

Whats this crap about being a mutt Bommie? We all are around here in some form or other. Get the job and be a d*ck why dont you.

johnnyU on November 7, 2008 at 6:50 PM

harry on November 7, 2008 at 6:36 PM

Republican on November 7, 2008 at 6:43 PM

No your ridiculous worship of a false idol has no place here.

You are like the boy who cries wolf and cries wolf again and when something really big happens you will be ignored.

Pick your battles intelligently.

harry on November 7, 2008 at 6:50 PM

The more I think about his “joke” the more pissed I am feeling. He made a verbal slip about talking to the LIVING presidents. The press catches it and chuckles. Barry, ever the insecure one and not wanting to look uncool, then throws Nancy Reagan under the bus.

What a pr*ck!

Mallard T. Drake on November 7, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Pick your battles intelligently.

harry on November 7, 2008 at 6:50 PM

Enlighten us about what those battles should be “harry”.

Republican on November 7, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Classless ass or brainless boob?

America wants to know.

profitsbeard on November 7, 2008 at 6:53 PM

You can take the man out of the hood, but not the hood out of the man.
Tastles, classless…and if I am not mistaken it was Hillary who do the talking to dead presidents…so another little b*tch slap to Hillary.

right2bright on November 7, 2008 at 6:57 PM

Enlighten us about what those battles should be “harry

Oh I’d wait for this civilian “army” and the wholesale brainwashing of a generation, I’d worry about his pick for the Sumpreme Court, I’d worry about the real issues

This is not one of them.

harry on November 7, 2008 at 6:58 PM

Pardon me if this has been said before, but-

Open season on Michelle.

Rhinoboy on November 7, 2008 at 6:59 PM

I hate FOX-MSNBC-CNN with equality. Nearly everyone of the pundits on these shows are people paid to say stupid things on air. Their “analysis” is an 8th grade level. Just because they are on my side this election when they were on your side before doesn’t mean they are any less hack.

DeathToMediaHacks on November 7, 2008 at 7:00 PM

Barry, the smallness of the soul is revealed by the pettiness of the attack.

(And you meant Hillary Clinton, jackass, not Nancy Reagan.)

profitsbeard on November 7, 2008 at 7:01 PM

Why do you think he has so much support among aging single women?

Jim Treacher on November 7, 2008 at 4:41 PM

Answer: fear of the future.

BHO will protect their independence:
1. Abortion, even if they’re well past their freshness date
2. Old-age entitlements, in the event they don’t want to or can’t get married

Oh. He’s hot enough for them, too.

IMO.

Greg Toombs on November 7, 2008 at 7:04 PM

What I fear, this may be his high water mark…this may the best he can do.
We are going to see so many of these gaffs, that even the press will begin shaking their head.

What a pr*ck!

Mallard T. Drake on November 7, 2008 at 6:52 PM

Same…

right2bright on November 7, 2008 at 7:05 PM

What’s with all those white people behind him? Racism!

HarneyPeak on November 7, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Words mean things. In this instance jerk fits nicely.

diogenes on November 7, 2008 at 7:09 PM

If Nancy Reagan is fair game then so is that Romulan Klingon Ferengi wife of Obama’s.

bloviator on November 7, 2008 at 6:10 PM

MB4 on November 7, 2008 at 6:13 PM

Sweetness0726 on November 7, 2008 at 7:09 PM

I take the Ferengi wife of Obama thing back. Ferengi women are not suppose to wear clothes. However, they can’t leave the home either. With Michelle that might not be a bad thing. Naked and stuck in the White House for 4 years.

Sweetness0726 on November 7, 2008 at 7:13 PM

I’ve thought Obama many different things at many different time, but this is the first time that I realized he’s a jerk. I cannot believe that he said that.

Beatnik Joe on November 7, 2008 at 7:14 PM

Remember when the Kos losers pitched a fit because of Bush’s Western White House logo? Yet somehow they don’t care about this. Strange….

Speedwagon82 on November 7, 2008 at 7:15 PM

Leave it to President Government to go picking on women again.

- The Cat

MirCat on November 7, 2008 at 7:18 PM

There isn’t a seal or podium big enough to cover up Obama’s unresolved Daddy Abandonment issues.

Christien on November 7, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Leave it to President Government to go picking on women again.

…back off Sweetie

fogw on November 7, 2008 at 7:24 PM

Barf, barf, barf.

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on November 7, 2008 at 7:35 PM

But, but… He’s a GOOD AND DECENT MAN!

/Patterico

Misha I on November 7, 2008 at 7:43 PM

Did he refer to mixed race people as “mutts”?

Philly on November 7, 2008 at 7:45 PM

I had to call my pro-Obama Mama to rub it in.
I said, OMG we are totally SCREWED.

The Uh’s and Uh’s then the NERVOUSLY STUPID remarks.
Is it just me or did he look PETRIFIED?

Rahm Emanuel had this satisfied look on his face like he had just told DA ONE, how it was gonna be.

Conservaboomer on November 7, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Okay, I can’t help it label me a racist, but the only thing missing from the ragtag group in that shot is Gary Coleman in the role of Mini Me to Doctor B-HO, BWAAAHAHAHA. Oh and I guess they cut this shot short of his demand for “One TRIIIIIIIILLION Dollars” in more spending. “Whatchya talkin’ ’bout Barry?”

timajin on November 7, 2008 at 7:46 PM

Heard he called her to apologize – I hope she hung up on him.

All I pray is she holds on and Bush senior holds on for at least four more years. I don’t want this jerk anywhere near their memorials.

gophergirl on November 7, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Why do I have this feeling that Barry wants us to get mad so he can make the case for removing Hate Radio?

Expect more snide digs.

Gracelynn on November 7, 2008 at 7:51 PM

Alinsky: Demonize your enemies.

Demonizing Bush got him elected. He will now demonize conservative heroes, so I guess they have to start with Reagan and work their way back.

They are going to throw so much at us so fast, nobody will know what to go after first. See change.gov.

They will be audacious. People will be lulled by falsely comparing the Obama years with Carter or Clinton years, thinking that we came back from those after making a mistake. Talk of moving “too far to the left” is a joke.

But there is no coming back from this mistake. Two years of card-check and federal appointments is quite enough. Who is going to stop them? The press? The Republicans?

casel21 on November 7, 2008 at 7:52 PM

Shouldn’t he have called Hillary to apologize, too, since it was her he was actually insulting?

DIC

Doofus-In-Chief.

profitsbeard on November 7, 2008 at 7:54 PM

Christien on November 7, 2008 at 7:24 PM

+1 Christien

Cody1991 on November 7, 2008 at 7:58 PM

Man, what a Cheap Shot, just to undermine the Conservatism of Ronald Reagan. It just so happens that Nancy Reagan evidently went to an astrologer, not a spiritualist; it was President Lincoln’s wife that did that. There are religions in the world that include astrology as a viable part of what they believe in, and, there is at least one interpretation of the New Testament that states that the Three Wise Men were actually Three Astrologers. The other insult was towards the spiritualists, who believe that God, Angels or the dearly departed may be communicated with, and, there are numerous instances in the world where people claim that there was a Divine intervention in their life attributed to those on the “other side.” While I don’t prescribe to some of the notions around all of this, I do respect the religious beliefs of those that do. This is what has made America great, our religious tolerance of others. So, the way to go, Barry, with your attempt to unite America. In one sentence you took a Cheap shot at Ronald Reagan, attacked his wife, Nancy, for her beliefs, and you attacked the religious beliefs of those that believe in Astrology and Spiritualism. On top of that, you violated the separation of church and state by these attacks. You owe all concerned an apology, and not one of those fake apologies that you of the left are famous for, “I’m sorry you took it that way.” Give me a break….!

DL13 on November 7, 2008 at 8:09 PM

I called my black boss a mutt today, since my President-elect used the term. Apparently it’s not funny coming from a white boy. But we’re still post-racial now. So that’s good.

rightheaded on November 7, 2008 at 8:13 PM

Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan for ‘careless’ joke

What BO doesn’t realize is that he’s the joke. The problem is that it isn’t funny.

How many times will we have to listen to stupid excuses? How many have we already heard? And how many have been swept under the carpet?

BO is out of his league. This job is way, way, way above his pay grade. As Iowahawk said Barry has just been elected to the first real job he ever had.

I think BO thought being POTUS was a cool idea. I don’t thinks he ever understood what that responsibility means.

Cody1991 on November 7, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan for ‘careless’ joke

Cody1991 on November 7, 2008 at 8:23 PM

Two days since being elected, and the very first press conference… and he opens mouth and inserts foot.

God, we’re so screwed.

Enoxo on November 7, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Obama apologizes to Nancy Reagan for ‘careless’ joke

Cody1991 on November 7, 2008 at 8:23 PM

God, we’re so screwed.

Enoxo on November 7, 2008 at 8:25 PM

Not only that, but Obama was over 20 minutes late to his own damn press conference, pretty much like the rest of his career! Foreign dignitaries are not going to put up with that.

Enoxo on November 7, 2008 at 8:27 PM

Rahm Emanuel is the Wizard of Oz.
How long will the media be able to cover for the fact that without cue cards Barry acts like Don Knotts being interrogated by the Gestapo

jjshaka on November 7, 2008 at 8:27 PM

When I heard that Granholm was on the team to advise on economic issues, I about busted a gut laughing. Then I realized that the story was true and now I know that we truly are doomed. She has succeeded in running the state of Michigan into the ground, run businesses out of the state by raising taxes, replacing the single business tax, that taxed you even if you didn’t make a profit, with a tax on a tax. That’s right, they tax businesses on the sales tax that they collect for the state. If she is advising on the economy, the great depression will look like a walk in the park after she’s done with it.

flytier on November 7, 2008 at 8:29 PM

ott, & flogging a dead horse, but why was it considered blasphemy to question whether Obama was a true Christian, but snarky Anglicans were allowed to question McCain’s religious beliefs?

[...]John McCain is not as forthright or up front about his Christian faith, he says, but adds, “he shouldn’t be blamed for that.” “David Brooks of the New York Times said McCain has a kind of pre-Christian morality and honour code, which comes from his military experience[...]

adagioforstrings on November 7, 2008 at 8:34 PM

He knew going in that he would be apologizing after the fact. But that doesn’t change the fact that he’s a classless pric# for saying it.

thomasaur on November 7, 2008 at 8:34 PM

Rightheaded, LOL. There goes your pay raise, you RAAAAAACIST!

Philly on November 7, 2008 at 8:35 PM

oh get over it people. calling him a creep over this is stupid. is everyone here been blinded by the last 8 years of bush? talk about a creep. no wonder republicans lost.

venicesurfer on November 7, 2008 at 8:45 PM

venicesurfer=moonbat troll.

Philly on November 7, 2008 at 8:49 PM

Hussein is now the head (rhymes with ‘kick’) in D.C. Of course, with all the crime there, he should feel right at home, seeing as how Chicago is the murder capitol of the nation.

Screw him and his cronies.

madmonkphotog on November 7, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Stupid is as stupid does!

BTW,..anyone ever hear hussein refer to President Bush as …President Bush? Two words of respect I have yet to hear from him.
Odd,..one hussein wiped off the face of the earth, the other elected POTUS by acorn.

P.S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsu0yxe-hVY

christene on November 7, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Obama called Nancy and apologized to he personally. Apparently they had a ‘warm’ conversation.

lexhamfox on November 7, 2008 at 9:22 PM

See what happens when there is no teleprompter.

Oh, this is going to be fun.

the gardener on November 7, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Nina Easton just claimed that “Granholm was on the stage as a nod to the auto industry”

ROFLMAO … why would they want to see her up there?

joey24007 on November 7, 2008 at 9:24 PM

they look like an administration from a Marx brothers movie

hehe Marx

joey24007 on November 7, 2008 at 9:26 PM

corona on November 7, 2008 at 6:26 PM

*gasp* Invoking Hillary in this context? How dare you. HOW DARE YOU! /sarc

Paul-Cincy on November 7, 2008 at 9:41 PM

This ties right in with the left smearing Sarah. They enjoy smearing Republicans, even iconic First Ladies. Probably the only time the new Prez will ever utter her name, and it’s to paint her as a kook who holds seances. A joke, a caricature. To give Obama a similar level of respect you might as well call him the N-word.

Paul-Cincy on November 7, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Has to apologise for his first press conference. Not ready to lead lightweight.

rocinaterider on November 7, 2008 at 10:14 PM

What exactly is the Office of the President Elect? Oooobamah maybe needs a civic lesson…He is still a Senator. There is no office for the President elect…What rookie hubris!

Nozzle on November 7, 2008 at 10:35 PM

There goes barry’s malignant arrogance again!

“I’m so cool I can say anything I want- even if it’s not funny and I offend old white women”

anniekc on November 7, 2008 at 10:37 PM

It’s ok to ping on Nancy Reagan because she’s raaaaaacist!!!!!!!!!!!!!Just say no to “O”

Nozzle on November 7, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Barry, I’ll toss you this one because we’re bros…Shizzle this. The media put you in office and will do nothing but throw you chocolate covered marshmellows for questions at your highly scripted speaking engagements. I mean press conferences. The dems control both houses of government. You are a democrat. So…Why did you appoint a midget pitbull wannabe scheiss throwing monkey like Rahm Emanuel as Chief of Staff. You need a consensus maker man…Peace out!

Nozzle on November 7, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Lessons from the GaffeMaster?

Toes tickling the back of your throat?

Kini on November 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM

christene on November 7, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Good question. Also, I have been thinking about how many times over the past 8 years President Bush has said the word “freedom.” Can anyone recall BO ever saying “freedom?”

rightthinkr on November 8, 2008 at 12:15 AM

Why bother apologizing? He is now king of the world and he knows it. What he doesn’t know is… Nancy consulted astrologists. It was Hillary Clinton who was known for talks with Eleanor Roosevelt. But the whole subject seems to me pretty disrespectful of all the people who have gone before him.

If he truly doesn’t feel awe about the footsteps he is about to walk in? Well, just one more thing I can’t get my mind around. How can he act like this is just another job. Obama is walking in the footsteps of history. I hope at some point he does stop and try to channel the dead ones. Tries to understand what it really means to give your all for this country. And I hope he will honor their service. You have to be pretty caloused and just spiritually insensitive to not feel the giants of history at a time like this.

petunia on November 8, 2008 at 12:23 AM

The seal is just plain pathetic. Who the hell came up with that idea, and then hired someone to make all of them?! Try working on the problems of the country, you nitwits!

PattyJ on November 8, 2008 at 12:34 AM

I think we should all congratulate Obama for being a truly classy individual who is rising above partisan rancor.

(what you guys don’t see is that as I’m typing this, I’m scratching my face with my middle finger)

Phildorex on November 8, 2008 at 12:40 AM

Voice of One of the Dead Whom Barry Might Want to Channel:

Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him labor diligently and built one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built.” –
A. Lincoln.

profitsbeard on November 8, 2008 at 12:42 AM

OK, it’s not my imagination. I was thinking earlier as I read his bullshit site that he repeats “President Elect Obama” like he has major insecurity issues. And now he has that damn sign. Wonder when he will start to demand curtsies.

fireweednectar on November 8, 2008 at 3:21 AM

It is obvious that Biden is showing signs of dementia. How long before he “retires” for medical reasons? 6 months? Less?

Lowlander on November 8, 2008 at 5:28 AM

It is obvious that Biden Obama is showing signs of dementia. How long before he “retires” for medical reasons. 6 months? Less?

FIFY (one can HOPE).

profitsbeard on November 8, 2008 at 7:50 AM

Corona, exactly.

Nancy Reagan consulted astrologers.
Hillary Clinton held the seance(s) invoking Eleanor Roosevelt.

Obama is his own fool tool.

The news reports now his “warm discussion” with Nancy Reagan as he apologized.
1. HEATED “what for” from Nancy is more like it.
2. He never apologized before election except to excuse his absence or tardiness. Now that he’s elected, from the flow of his own gaffs, watch those apologies roll.

maverick muse on November 8, 2008 at 7:52 AM

I’m sure Obama flipped Mrs. Reagan the bird after he got off the phone with her.

gracie on November 8, 2008 at 8:07 AM

Oh, yes, but Congratulations to the brilliant, post-racial, post-partisan President Obama.

Retch.

Jaibones on November 8, 2008 at 8:29 AM

Classless ass or brainless boob?

America wants to know.