Senior advisor: McCain and I talked about the Palin smears yesterday

posted at 3:50 pm on November 7, 2008 by Allahpundit

Whatever the issues between staffers, he’s got nothing but love for the ‘Cuda. So why doesn’t he say so publicly and denounce them?

Duprey, who is now back in New Hampshire after 10 months on the road with McCain, said he had a telephone conversation on Thursday with McCain, who was at his cabin in Arizona. He said they discussed a New York Times story that was critical of Palin but did not mention New Hampshire.

“He said that the back and forth between some of the McCain and Palin staff was pointless and a waste of time,” Duprey said. “He said it was at the staff level and not the candidate level.” Duprey said they spoke about the public feud between the McCain and Palin staffs for “less than a minute” during a 10-minute conversation.

“I can tell you that John McCain loved having Sarah Palin on the ticket,” Duprey said. “It was a great personal relationship and he thought she did a magnificent job.”

Duprey said the stories come from “destructive people in both camps who want to settle scores.”

That almost makes it sound like he thinks it’s not his problem. It’s a staff issue, squabbles will happen, etc. No doubt he’ll have warm words for her when he finally does his first post-election interview, but … I think we’re all hoping he doesn’t wait until then.

Maybe he’s hoping it’ll all blow over since there hasn’t been anything new dirt-wise since the Newsweek piece. Aside from this, I mean:

[Spokesman Meg] Stapleton said some campaign staff members controlled Palin too tightly, keeping her from the press and admonishing her when she made calls to radio hosts Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and others.

“Instead of just letting her be who she wanted to be they still felt this need to control. …There were a few times where she actually did sneak in phone calls and was reprimanded for picking up the phone and placing a few calls on her own,” Stapleton said…

Stapleton said Palin called the staff of Fox News commentator Bill O’Reilly. But the campaign got wind of it and told her O’Reilly had canceled the interview, which wasn’t true.

Fun details at the link about her having to sort through her luggage to see which clothes belong to her and which don’t. Exit question: Did I read that correctly? They reprimanded her for making chitchat with a guy whose radio audience numbers 15 million people?

Comments

Anyone see the pic on Drudge of Obama’s press conference? Obama’s got a sign that says “Office of the President-Elect” on the podium.

jacrews on November 7, 2008 at 3:53 PM

See, this is exactly why she needs to run for president and not VP next time. The woman can make good decisions when they LET her!

Gina on November 7, 2008 at 3:53 PM

As bass-ackwards as the McCain campaign was managed, I’m suprised they didn’t make Gov. Palin sit in with Howard Stern. She could have judged a projectile vomiting tournament.

AubieJon on November 7, 2008 at 3:55 PM

So why doesn’t he say so publicly and denounce them?

Indeed.

Shay on November 7, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Obama’s got a sign that says “Office of the President-Elect” on the podium.

jacrews on November 7, 2008 at 3:53 PM

There is no such office

hubris

pseudonominus on November 7, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Glenn Beck had a recording of a message for the producer. She was like “I want to chat with you, and the campaign can’t get to it, so I’m doing it myself.”

melda on November 7, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Control issues. That’s what it was all about. I’ve worked inside a gubernatorial campaign. Staffers are all about staking their claim. She was late to their party, so they think she should listen to them b/c ONLY they know what is going on. Retarded. Instead of accomodating a genial, rising star, they backstab her for not allowing herself to be completely under their thumb.
Chumps.

JAM on November 7, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Complete BUFFOON! I’m starting to really despise him now!

And I mean McCain, in addition to Obama (PBUH)!

Dale in Atlanta on November 7, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Well I guess we got our answer as to what McCain intends to do. All this back-stabbing is just the “little” people bickering over destroying the reputation of his hand-picked running mate. Worthy of a minute’s worth of time. Not important.

katiejane on November 7, 2008 at 3:58 PM

I listened to Sarah on Rush that day.

She was magnificent: warm, insightful, and funny.

Rush loved her.

So, obviously some McCain staffers are upset. Probably the same geniuses who thought, “Hey, let’s set up a hugely-publicized, prime-time national interview with Katie Couric–what could go wrong?”
________

RJGatorEsq. on November 7, 2008 at 3:58 PM

So much for all these McCainiacs here saying John McCain was decompressing and not reading newspapers.

CanadianGuy on November 7, 2008 at 3:58 PM

This “control” dominance in the McCain campaign is frightening. She has the pulse of the nation and doesn’t need some Washington DC hack to muzzle her. Her trying to break the strangle hold on the campaign staff was great. I listened to her interviews on Rush,Beck,Hannity & Levin. THEY WERE GREAT! This is free media to get to some of the base. Why not take advantage of this?

Was McCain trying to lose this thing on purpose? Was he the “tokin” republican running against Obama?

portlandon on November 7, 2008 at 3:59 PM

McCain’s silence on this is deafening. I’m so glad he talked to a staffer about it though, way to show leadership John. One statement from him to the media praising Palin and saying the gossip is untrue would go a long way towards ending this story. He isn’t going to do that apparently. I wonder why not.

tyrfing on November 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Shouldn’t Cuda have grounds to fire these people for lying to her? And now they’re out smearing her. Awesome.

CanadianGuy on November 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM

hubris

pseudonominus on November 7, 2008 at 3:55 PM

* Speeches in stadiums filled with mesmerized, adoring audiences – Check
* An uninspiring background before meteoric rise – Check
* Creates his own new symbols of power – Check
* Associates with racists, hatemongers and violent radicals – Check
* believes in redistributing the wealth – Check
* A propaganda machine willing to show him only in the best possible light – Check
* Uses, “glorious leader” style Agitprop posters common in totalitarian nations – Check (see German campaign poster for example)
* Wants Secret Police force – Check
* Somebody powerful people think they can control – Check
* Often dismissed as a light-weight by his opponents – Check
* Seeks to replace God with the State – Check
* People adopting his name as their own – Check
* Inspires adoration art – Check
* Appropriates symbols of past German glory – Check
* Never plans on giving up power – Check (Obama to be president for the next “eight to 10 years”)
* A narcissistic megalomaniac – Check
* Brazenly Takes credit for other people’s accomplishments – Check
* Wants to build “youth” movement through Universal National State service – Check
* Acts as if in power before he is – Check
* Some followers believe him to be divine – Check
* Worshiped and aided greatly by the media – Check
* Has his own salute – Check
* Has thuggish supporters intimdating political opponents – Check
* Using the power of the State to silence critics – Check
* Songs written to glorify him performed by children – Check

TheBigOldDog on November 7, 2008 at 4:01 PM

If the election was today after I saw what kind of people were with Mccain, I would have stayed home. I have lost respect for McCain.

Chudi on November 7, 2008 at 4:02 PM

The lies and smears without anyone countering them are in the international press. I resent that she is being made the laughing stock of the world. If the RNC thinks they are going to have a base after this crap, they are deluding themselves.

Blake on November 7, 2008 at 4:02 PM

tyrfing on November 7, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Obama wrote a letter, you know. McCain talked to a staffer. Not much difference.

AubieJon on November 7, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Good for you John. Way to stand up.

SueM on November 7, 2008 at 4:04 PM

My friend. My friend. Isn’t that his cliched catch line? Who in their right mind would want McCain as a friend?

Blake on November 7, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Here is theory : what if Obama’s campaign is involved in this smear mongering ?

runner on November 7, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Here is a theory that is…

runner on November 7, 2008 at 4:06 PM

jacrews on November 7, 2008 at 3:53 PM

yeah. I saw that. I’d be curious about the seal as well, anyone got a close up?

Here’s a link to President-elect GW Bush’s press conference. Notice the lack of seal and sign?

dish on November 7, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Sarah, along with Jindal and some others represents the future of the GOP. Why are some Republicans so upset about that, enough to want to destroy her. If Rs want to be thought of as the adult party (as opposed to the childish Kos Krowd) they need to start acting like it.

rbj on November 7, 2008 at 4:07 PM

He should demand each and everyone of his staff denounce the roomers officially . And those of them who won’t do that, will officially get their names named.

the_nile on November 7, 2008 at 4:08 PM

Hmmm…beginning to see what kind of president he would’ve made.

RightTurnOnly on November 7, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Isn’t it funny that McCain would throw the North Carolina Party under the bus along with Bill Cunningham and the others, all people on his own side. He will not stand up for Sarah, but he stood up for Reverend Wright and others? This guy is a mess. I hope he goes to the democrat side, where he has always belonged. After all, the majority of us didn’t want him in the first place. People… we have to fight to CLOSE all the state primaries so we don’t have people deciding who our candidates are. Plus we can partially blame Huckabee for playing with McCain to oust Romney. Remember that in two years…..

suzyk on November 7, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Fundemental law of organizations.

Organizations take on the basic characteristics of their leaders. Which characteristics are encouraged, and which are discouraged?

Marking Time on November 7, 2008 at 4:11 PM

i think mitt romney is really behind all this. he badly wanted mccain to lose so he can run in 2012. its romney.

venicesurfer on November 7, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Wow. I knew the campaign was strapped for cash, but they actually had to take in boarders?!? That I was unaware of.

;-)

Marking Time on November 7, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Seriously, someone needs to publish a list of these staffers doing this.

NOT to pull a Joe the Plumber on them, but rather make them famous as the backbiting and disloyal twits they are.

cryptojunkie on November 7, 2008 at 4:14 PM

venicesurfer on November 7, 2008 at 4:12 PM

So you are pushing an unsubstantiated rumor that Romney is behind pushing unsubstantiated rumors?

Marking Time on November 7, 2008 at 4:15 PM

I just saw this on Ace- The GOP is already having Palin come help out with senate races. There is a good chance that Sarah will be at a rally for Saxby Chambliss in a few weeks.

ousoonerfan15 on November 7, 2008 at 4:15 PM

So why doesn’t he say so publicly and denounce them?

Damn right.

Palin herself needs to stay above this (just like she’s been doing). Stapleton and Scheunemann have gone on the record defending her. Now she needs to tell them to let it drop, stay gracious with Greta on Monday, and not get involved in slinging back. Then, I think, she looks like the bigger, classier, more honorable and gracious person. A grown-up among fighting children in other words.

I thought that part was really great of the campaign staff. What the hell people? She has a state she’s trying to run (One that’s going to have a budget shortfall. Not to mention a state legislature that’s pissed as hell at her for what you did in her state in her absence and asked her to do in the lower 48.), and you leave it up to her to sort out the clothes that you bought for her. She might have more important things to do with her time.

meltenn on November 7, 2008 at 4:16 PM

This seriously needs to stop. I would love it if she would run in 2012. Are any of the staffers from McCains’ campaign former staffers for Mitt? Of everyone who was running in this election’s republican primaries, he would have the most to gain by smearing her. Hopefully that’s not the case but wouldn’t surprise me.

dengar007 on November 7, 2008 at 4:19 PM

My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends, My friends,

God Bless America.

portlandon on November 7, 2008 at 4:22 PM

McCain’s staffers only mirror the anti-comservative inclination of their boss. They are just trying to suppress any hope of conservatism being able to flourish in today’s society. They are no more of a Republican than McCain is. They would not have mattered at all unless Palin was on the ticket. If they think Palin cost them the election, they are as delusional as most liberals.

volsense on November 7, 2008 at 4:22 PM

I have a theory, as uncomfortable as it may sound….maybe McCain himself is behind this, so as to make his return to his pals in the Senate a little smoother…..all that “across-the aisle” stuff, ya know?

If not, why has he not responded? Well, John?

jehowe2nd on November 7, 2008 at 4:23 PM

As a Rocker, I say we take names and kick those Mod ballocks!
It seems you can be cruel, and fair. Ask any Democrat.

Randy

williars on November 7, 2008 at 4:23 PM

This guy is really defending her:

South Carolina Republican Chairman Katon Dawson, widely rumored to be in the running for national RNC chair, issued a statement today defending Sarah Palin from the rumors being leaked about the former vice presidential candidate to news sources regarding her behavior on the campaign trail.

Dawson said the infighting was akin to “Republican cannibalism.”

“The disappointment felt by many Republicans following Tuesday’s election is certainly understandable,” Dawson said. “However, the attacks on Governor Sarah Palin made by a disgruntled handful of political insiders are unacceptable. Their claims, made under the veil of anonymity, can never be verified and only serve as fodder for our opposition. The media has already demonstrated its propensity to discredit Governor Palin, and the Democrats are undoubtedly rejoicing at the sight of this Republican cannibalism…I respectfully ask my fellow Republicans to join me in condemning these divisive attacks so that we can focus on the task at hand – moving forward as a Party and moving forward as a nation.”

ousoonerfan15 on November 7, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Can I go back to talking bad about McCain like I have for the past 10 years?

There is a part of me that thinks McCain is greenlighting this to tamp down the Conservative furvor for Sarah Palin since he never liked the conservative wing of the party before.

Elizabetty on November 7, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Character. Judgment.

My voting third party for president is reaffirmed every day.

Valiant on November 7, 2008 at 4:25 PM

ousoonerfan15 on November 7, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Now that is real leadership. Where is McCain?

Marking Time on November 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Marking Time on November 7, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Heh. It’s fun!Let’s all do it. I pick Huck, just becauseI don’t like him. Isn’t that reason enough?

a capella on November 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Can I go back to talking bad about McCain like I have for the past 10 years?

Elizabetty on November 7, 2008 at 4:25 PM

I am afraid so. I didn’t want to, but McCain really doesn’t leave much choice. He is just returning to form, IMO.

Marking Time on November 7, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Hmmm…beginning to see what kind of president he would’ve made.

RightTurnOnly on November 7, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Indeed. So much for integrity. This has changed my opinion of him completely.

ProfessorMiao on November 7, 2008 at 4:29 PM

;-)

Marking Time on November 7, 2008 at 4:13 PM

Okay, that was funny!

kybowexar on November 7, 2008 at 4:30 PM

So why doesn’t he say so publicly and denounce them?

Because his ego is so damaged, he thinks he can run again in 2012 and Palin is his biggest threat.

Valiant on November 7, 2008 at 4:31 PM

So why doesn’t he say so publicly and denounce them?

Valiant on November 7, 2008 at 4:31 PM

No way. He’ll be 76 in 2012. And when was the last time either party nominated as their candidate the person who failed them in the previous election?

ProfessorMiao on November 7, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Cable news and the blogs have driven this stupid and embarrassing issue into the ground. I am sick of the whole thing.

Terrye on November 7, 2008 at 4:33 PM

If I were to guess this is more about the future than the past, and more about ideology and power than a clash of personalities and a bitterness towards defeat.

technopeasant on November 7, 2008 at 4:33 PM

Close of bidness today, John.

Christien on November 7, 2008 at 4:36 PM

This is just a bunch of incompetent staffers trying to do CYA. They made the mess but they might need another gig sometime. It is really bad for McCain not to defend her.

This election was over when the MSM managed to get McCain the nomination (knowing he could not win). Then he picked Palin. She was almost enough to pull it out for him but not quite. However, the possibility explains most of the violent anti Palin coverage.

duff65 on November 7, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Marking Time on November 7, 2008 at 4:15 PM

a capella on November 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM

I blame Santa. You know, you can see his workshop from Sarah’s guest bathroom. And it’s rumored she shot a reindeer, and had an affair with an elf, and tried to get the Winter Warlock fired, and….

RegularJoe on November 7, 2008 at 4:40 PM

a capella on November 7, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Hey, I heard Huckabee paid these staffers to bad-mouth Palin because she would split the Evangelical vote with him in 2012. Huck doesn’t stand a chance as long as Sarah is viable. I can’t name my source, though. Sorry!

Dead Hand Control on November 7, 2008 at 4:42 PM

So why doesn’t he say so publicly and denounce them?

Because it’s baseless gossip that nobody but cloistered political junkies even knows about.

RightOFLeft on November 7, 2008 at 4:45 PM

As I have said time and time again, McCain is a democrat running on the GOP ticket. He would rather destroy Palin so that her hopes for 2012 is diminished. That is the truth my friends.

mariloubaker on November 7, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Unless McCain comes out and loudly denounces the rumors, then it becomes a story on the 6 o’clock news. Jeez, how dishonorable of McCain to ignore this non-story.

RightOFLeft on November 7, 2008 at 4:49 PM

N. Wallace, formerly of CBS, was effectively an MSM plant who kept Palin from exploiting the new media, where she would have found a supportive audience.

phreshone on November 7, 2008 at 4:50 PM

So why doesn’t he say so publicly and denounce them?

Gee, what a good question. Followed by the answer:

Unless you believe McCain had absolutely no input, influence, or say on how she should be handled, which is on the same believability level as thinking she didn’t know Africa was a continent, after the initial burst of enthusiasm, he told her to step in line, and she was resistant.

Again, this is why rumors started leaking out about staffers disliking her two weeks before the election.

MadisonConservative on November 7, 2008 at 4:53 PM

OT: I was very pleased by Barney the Scottie, at least someone on our side has teeth and will attack!

I hope he is not “denounced”

clnurnberg on November 7, 2008 at 4:56 PM

Chudi on November 7, 2008 at 4:02 PM
>>>>>>>

I know the feeling. Bad thing is, this election isn’t over until the electors vote and a lot can happen between now and then. As I understand it, Obama is supposed to provide his documents for Berg by Dec 1st. (If anybody knows differently, let me know)

The McCain/Palin folks should hold themselves together at least until the fat lady sings.

justincase on November 7, 2008 at 4:57 PM

I think McCain is jealous of how well-loved Palin is by the Reupublican party members. If he had won the White House, I doubt he would have cared that much, but since he lost, he is down and depressed and he wishes he had thousands of people wanting to come and hear him speak. Now, he can sit back and let his cronies blame her for his own short-comings. He needs to know that our home was one of many that was exited about this election because of Sarah Palin!

conservativemama on November 7, 2008 at 5:03 PM

The electors will not ride to the rescue, sorry

clnurnberg on November 7, 2008 at 5:03 PM

I’ve been following the Berg case on another blog, and there’s an African website claiming that it has a birth certificate for Obama from Kenya, which would create a Constitutional crisis if it was true, although the African website does have credibility issues. Still, even if it was demonstrated that Obama was constitutionally ineligible to be President, this would lead to President Joe Biden.

I find it amazing that a staffer would tell Palin that an interview with Bill O’Reilly ahd been cancelled. An interview with O’Reilly would have really helped the McCain/Palin campaign–he has a big audience, and tends to go soft on women.

Steve Z on November 7, 2008 at 5:10 PM

the_nile on November 7, 2008 at 4:08 PM

I like it!

More powerful than him saying a single word publicly.

RalphyBoy on November 7, 2008 at 5:16 PM

first of all i aint you friend.

2ndly ….. get your a$$ of the couch and defend palin you
uptight pathetic liar. honor and dignity my friggin a$$!!!

she busted her pretty little behind for mccain and he sits bak grilling ribs watching the grenades launched at palin.
what comes around goes around mavrick!

tamtam20 on November 7, 2008 at 5:21 PM

Steve Z on November 7, 2008 at 5:10 PM

Joe Biden isn’t the Vice President until the electors vote and Obama is sworn in. Would he be tapped for the Presidency?

sharrukin on November 7, 2008 at 5:34 PM

My God, what a bunch of schmucks on that staff.

irishspy on November 7, 2008 at 6:21 PM

Don’t be surprised about anything that goes on in political campaigns. As I said on another blog, Sarah was selected by McCain and she owed him loyalty to his campaign and his agenda. But what I don’t think Sarah counted on was that McCain’s team would work against McCain’s best interest by micromanaging her and suppressing her basic instincts as a politician to communicate. Sarah was definitely mishandled, but that was not why McCain lost the election. McCain lost because Obama got more EV and popular votes than him, nothing more and nothing less.

technopeasant on November 7, 2008 at 6:30 PM

Just another instance of the McCain “team” going out of their way to lose the election.

abcurtis on November 7, 2008 at 6:38 PM

ProfessorMiao on November 7, 2008 at 4:33 PM

I believe there have ben instances where the loser ran again the next election cycle, but not recently. Anyway, the longer McCain is silent and not rushing to her defense, the less I respect him as a politician. After losing last Tuesday, this feels like a punch to the stomach. Regardless of WHO is behind this (jealous staffers, Huck or Romney people) it needs to be denounced by Mac.

Stand by me…Fight with me… ( ?!?!?!?!??!? )

Red State State of Mind on November 7, 2008 at 6:42 PM

John McCain, you better damn well stand up for the person you asked to stand up next to you, or you are going to be a leper along with your staff members. We damn elephants don’t forget.

drunyan8315 on November 7, 2008 at 7:03 PM

My mom is convinced that we’re going to get stuck with Biden. She lived through all the assassinations in the 60s, and she thinks Obama doesn’t stand a chance of making it through even one term. We’re from the south by the way, where unfortunately there are still racists (though I would like to point out that they are not in the majority), and some of them would like to kill him or at least wouldn’t mind seeing him murdered. Hatred like that sometimes makes me ashamed of my region.

meltenn on November 7, 2008 at 7:14 PM

The ‘Cuda speaks! Calls the nameless sources cowards, and that ain’t all she calls ‘em either. Info on this can also be found at the Anchorage Daily News (supposed to be video up on their site soon).

meltenn on November 7, 2008 at 7:42 PM

With this i am delighted McCain lost. He is old, clueless and out of date. It’s not okay to link Obama to Rev Wright but it is okay to speak ill of her running mate.

Birdseye on November 7, 2008 at 7:54 PM

gosh its going to be AWESOME seeing her run with her own staff in 2012

ousoonerfan15 on November 7, 2008 at 8:18 PM

meltenn on November 7, 2008 at 7:42 PM

The comments at the Anchorage Daily News are interesting. Every poster there has fallen for every single lie told about Governor Palin and one quotes HuffingtonPost as a source for their information. One is upset about the SNL episode that Palin wrote.

This is like being in a Twilight Zone episode.

nyrofan on November 7, 2008 at 8:20 PM

The ADN is a VERY liberal paper. Oddly I have heard that most of the media in alaska is VERY liberal. Despite the state being conservative.

ousoonerfan15 on November 7, 2008 at 8:31 PM

Finally! Politico has a story with Palin’s closest aides defending her on the record. It only took three days. Were you guys catching up on sleep or something? What took so damn long? I notice that once again, those defending her are on the record and those attacking are hiding their faces.

meltenn on November 7, 2008 at 8:37 PM

ousoonerfan15 on November 7, 2008 at 8:31 PM

In the early 90′s a California backed company was doing a price battle with the Conservative leaning locally founded paper. The liberal larger company won the price war to squeeze the local paper out of business. Because they are the only game in town their are people who subscribe to it and just like when you visit a Left leaning blog you know what to expect. Although, along with the other print media, they too are dying a slow death hear in Anchorage.

lwssdd on November 7, 2008 at 8:53 PM

McCain is a representative of what is wrong with Centrism. Centrism rests primarily on political cannibalism of the true conservative.
ID Representative Sali went down, because our Republican “centrist” governor colluded with the Democrat opposition. I will not bore you with the gory intrigue.
Same with Rick Santorum. We are hemorrhaging representatives that stand for what we believe in.

anti-boomer on November 7, 2008 at 9:01 PM

portlandon on November 7, 2008 at 3:59 PM

I’m starting to wonder if there isn’t something to this. We’ll never know for sure, but this IS what it looks like.

Prevention for 2012: CLOSED PRIMARIES!!!!

JustTruth101 on November 7, 2008 at 9:19 PM

“So why doesn’t he say so publicly and denounce them?”

Because he’s an ass. Which is also how he managed to lose to the junior senator from Illinois.

Gaunilon on November 8, 2008 at 12:56 AM

If not, why has he not responded? Well, John?

jehowe2nd on November 7, 2008 at 4:23 PM

I think you’re right. Democrats have been talking about how they want to see a return of the “old” John McCain…I think that’s exactly what we’ve been seeing, the past few days.

John “I’ll Stab Anyone In The Back That Isn’t Holding A Microphone” McCain.

Cylor on November 8, 2008 at 5:32 AM

venicesurfer on November 7, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Maybe, but McCain could and should put a stop to it, now.

Kevin71 on November 8, 2008 at 8:09 AM

From the Telegraph:

Sarah Palin’s attacks on Barack Obama’s patriotism provoked a spike in death threats against the future president, Secret Service agents revealed during the final weeks of the campaign.

Now the Secret Service are smearing Palin.

Not surprised really – they always looked like a bunch of commie pillow-biters to me.

Ron Paul / Sarah Palin for 2012