Palin on the leakers: “Those guys are jerks”

posted at 8:50 pm on November 7, 2008 by Allahpundit

First day back at work for the ‘Cuda, and it wasn’t uneventful. I’m giving you two versions, the nitty gritty 90-second hit from CNN and the extended director’s cut from MSNBC. No names are named, but the hint she drops about the NAFTA smear probably having come from one of her debate preppers is as heavy as a barbell. Who was in charge of prepping her? Among others, according to Fox News: Randy Scheunemann, her chief defender, as well as … Steve Schmidt and Mark Wallace, husband of Nicolle. Hmmmm.

The MSNBC clip heats up starting at around 1:45; apparently, she and McCain have been chatting about this. Exit quotation: “I never asked for anything more than maybe a Diet Dr. Pepper every once in awhile.”

Update: Ambinder on the Romney rumors:

As one of the first reporters to sense these ill-winds, I don’t see an organized conspiracy. The first people with whom I spoke had no connection to Romney’s campaign whatsoever — they were longtime McCain advisers and aides… so…they didn’t much like Mitt Romney. When Palin was first selected, of the five Romney aides/advisers I remember contacting, three had positive impressions and two had mixed impressions.

Now, as the campaign progressed, there were people who can be fairly described as being Romney advisers who began to criticize Palin and pass along what their Republican friends were telling them. But so did consultants, strategists and activists representing every potential 2012 candidate. And other Romney advisers continued to praise her.

Who ordered the hit on Palin? Everyone, apparently.

Update: The MSNBC clip’s long but worth watching, especially the part about double standards for women candidates.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

She wouldn’t have been given a second look if she had entered the Presidential primary herself

technopeasant on November 7, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Oh yeah? Even if she’d been wearing a towel? :)

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:39 PM

Help me. Seriously. I can’t even say it’s like watching a train wreck anymore…cause we aren’t to the train wreck part yet…No, I’ve set up my lawn chair by the tracks and I’m watching the masses who have laid down ON the tracks willingly while this…er…President Elect dynamites large chunks of the track. The train isn’t even in sight yet and there is already collateral damage. And I CAN’T LOOK AWAY. How does anyone around here get ANYTHING done? Please don’t take this as personal criticism. I refer only to my constant vigilance at the new and horrific things that are posted here. I have never been the most informed voter in the room. And I’ve been complacent and lazy. Now I am constantly starved for new information. How do you guys unplug from this? I’m obsessed and I don’t care for it. Yet I don’t want to miss anything. Thank God I’m self employed and have time during the day to obsess. Seriously, how do I find the balance between informed and obsessed?

FinallyRight on November 7, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Gave us some hard Homework….Well, I have always loved politics. But being a former DemocRAT. (no way Liberal) I had to put my heart and soul in it this time. I am obsessed too. My husband has been life long Republican. I watched foaming at the mouth while he was on here. I would read the incredible posts. The topics and drool of jealousy. I have the right mind. But in certain issues, war, and History I kind of lost pieces. This site, and the wonderful minds have taught me so much. Don’t know how to tell you how to break away from here though. I am addicted. I drive home from work my feet are shaking with joy. It is hard to forget this site.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:40 PM

this would be a good for Obama to show bipartianship and appoint Mr Steel to cabinet spot

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:41 PM

they are on financial aid but got there [to Harvard] on their own? If they got there on their own they wouldn’t need finaicial aid now would they?

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Do you like to argue for argument’s sake? What do you think the actual cost of a person attending a state university is? Do you actually believe that the full cost is reflected in the in-state tuition? FYI, that tuition is heavily subsidized. Do people who go to state schools not get their on their own too? How’s going to a subsidized state school different from receiving financial aid to go to Harvard (in terms of freeloading from others)? And by the way, most Ivy’s now give the bulk of their financial aid from their own endowments, not federal or state money.

All this elitist-bashing is actually damaging the Republican Party’s brand, especially among young achievers and the professional class.

haner on November 7, 2008 at 11:41 PM

FinallyRight on November 7, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Your help may come in the form of the fickleness of the US public. Hype and imagery won’t be much good with 10% unemployment or setbacks internationally. Even though it is monumental in itself, “first black president” will only go so far…without massive repression, anyway. I guess I am afraid of that train wreck. Looking at some of Obama’s more loony followers makes me even more afraid of that.

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 11:41 PM

You two should get a room

driver on November 7, 2008 at 10:47 PM

And you should learn the difference between being nice to another human being and sex. Perhaps you don’t know the difference. Pity.

baldilocks on November 7, 2008 at 11:44 PM

FinallyRight on November 7, 2008 at 11:33 PM

That can sometimes be a problem, especially when the topic is interesting or contentious. For a while I had lots of free time but was spending too much of it here but after a while I had other things to do and the problem went away—for awhile, anyway.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Easy big boy just playing around

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Easy big boy just playing around

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Easy little boy, I’m not a boy.

baldilocks on November 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Even Reagan had to run twice.

Palin/Manly Rash 2012.

Jimmy Doolittle on November 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM

FloatingRock, he isn’t a squishy, I think he was trying to build McCain up. I have heard him complain on McCain’s debate performance. After the first one. He is a good man. VP would be good. Sarah for President. :)

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Well, I’m reserving judgment for the time being—on Palin too, actually. I like her and hope she’s prepared in 4 years, but I don’t have to decide anything now. I still have a reasonably open mind about Steel as well.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM

haner on November 7, 2008 at 11:41 PM

first off the reason for the high cost of college is because of the finaicial aid. If the government would get out of helping to pay for college the price would come down.

Second it doesn’t matter where the money comes from/ you said they got there on their own. they only people that get their on their own are those that pay for it themselves. Everyone else that takes money be it from the government from scholarships, parents etc has had help. No problem with that but they did not get their on their own.

As far as how much an education cost I know. I paid for mine. As far as upsetting the elite. The elite decarled war on the base several years ago. Be it on spending, immigration, taxes, K-street, etc. When the elites think they are no longer better than everyone else maybe we can talk.

The entire basis of the consitution was for the avg person to self govern themselves. We fought a war to get rid of “elites” that thought they knew better than us.

If you are too brainwashed by liberal professors from your school that is your problem.

Just your view that peopel that get financial adi got their on their own shows that liberalism has a foothold on you already.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:50 PM

Disagree it is a lesson that applies outside of the military as well.

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Agreed, but not to the same degree or in precisely the same manner.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:51 PM

Palin/Manly Rash 2012.

Jimmy Doolittle on November 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM

posted that on11/03/2008

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:51 PM

haner on November 7, 2008 at 11:41 PM

I don’t mind the idea of having “elites”; I mind the idea that just because a female governor from Alaska who isn’t a lawyer and didn’t go to an Ivy League school, she’s obviously “unqualified”. That’s different from saying that someone is unqualified because they’re an Ivy League-trained lawyer.

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 11:52 PM

There’s now an even longer clip than the MSNBC one of the interview up at the Anchorage Daily News. It’s in two parts, about 20 minutes total.

meltenn on November 7, 2008 at 11:53 PM

Easy big boy just playing around

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:46 PM

Easy little boy, I’m not a boy.

baldilocks on November 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM

And neither am I. LOL! But if I were, and I were single, I’d surely consider Ms. Baldi a catch. ;-)

aero on November 7, 2008 at 11:54 PM

Sorry I know my post was totally off topic – and I appreciate the posts in response. A few days ago I posted my thank you to the MSM for being so vile that even I noticed. Now I log in here everyday and get so sucked in to the information and banter. I am not a sheep. This mess has left me with a strong desire to reread the Constitution and make sure that my son understands how politics affect all of us. I’ve just been so lazy for so long that I now want to know EVERYTHING. It’s exhasting.

FinallyRight on November 7, 2008 at 11:56 PM

aero on November 7, 2008 at 11:54 PM

If I wasn’t so staunchly against homosexuality, I’d think that was hot.

leetpriest on November 7, 2008 at 11:57 PM

FinallyRight on November 7, 2008 at 11:33 PM

Think of it this way. Conversing here is better than watching TV, and eventually, after you’ve forgotten about TV, you’ll have more time for hobbies after you’ve curtailed your blog habit.

My advice: shoot your TV and spend more time with hobbies. :)

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:58 PM

aero on November 7, 2008 at 11:54 PM

Sorry sweety, don’t like women. Too much nagging! :-)

baldilocks on November 7, 2008 at 11:58 PM

I am a Sarah Palin believer.

Not only do I think she has the hyde for the game, noted by her recent handling of things, but I believe that an issue will keep her right in the forfront.

Oil, we could sure use some fields developed and as Sarah said, theyve got plenty of it.

Lets see what she does

Sonosam on November 7, 2008 at 11:58 PM

Easy little boy, I’m not a boy.

baldilocks on November 7, 2008 at 11:49 PM

Huuuuummmmm was not trying to pick fight but if you insist

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:59 PM

FinallyRight on November 7, 2008 at 11:56 PM

Tomorrow, depending on the weather where you live, take your son out to play catch or go fishing or bike riding or something. That’s a good cure. ;)

ddrintn on November 8, 2008 at 12:00 AM

baldilocks on November 7, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Funny. I always thought they were the same thing too. But then Tuco is a pig.

Tuco on November 8, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Sorry sweety, don’t like women. Too much nagging! :-)

baldilocks on November 7, 2008 at 11:58 PM

Indeed. But I said if I were a boy, and if I were single…

Actually, I just implied it. I see how easy it is to misread now. Heh. Well, if it sent a tingle up a few legs, so be it. My husband would be quite surprised to read this conversation. *snort*

aero on November 8, 2008 at 12:03 AM

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 11:52 PM

I agree, but the latter argument was used by the campaign often without distinction to the former. There was a definite intention to disparage “elites” and so called “cocktail conservatives.”

Obama made a huge error disparaging small towners, but the Republicans did equal harm bashing the coasts and canceled any advantage they got from Obama’s remarks.

Basically it comes down to this, if you really have small town values, you don’t need to tell people that you have small town values, unless you’re just playing identity politics.

haner on November 8, 2008 at 12:04 AM

aero on November 8, 2008 at 12:03 AM

Thought I had tingle up my leg but it was just my cat

driver on November 8, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Just to be clear there is nothing wrong with the professional class. The problem is when the professional class thinks they are better than everyone else. the beauty of this country and its great strength was that we were never a pure class society. We were not india. we fought a war in 1776 to destroy the class arguement. We fought another war in 1860 to destroy another form of class difference. Now the liberal professional class being indoctrinated and breathing liberalism for 4 to 8 years in college is trying to form another class within our society. will we have to fight a third war to destory that class also. Equality means equal. Common sense is just as good if not better than book smarts in some places.

It is not the Palin faction that is against the eleits. It is the elite that is against the Palin faction. I have a BS degree from a top college in this country. I have knowledge that most people do not have. However, I understand that there are smarter people than I. I also understand that there are people that are not as smart. I also understand that just because I have a leg up in knowledge in some areas I do not have a “right” to rule. I do not have a “right” to have my arguement mean more than those that are less intelligent. I know that their views are just as important for this country to continue to be the greatest in the world and those views should be respected.

Harvard is not the font of all knowledge and leadership ability. The fact that all of our colleges have been corrupted by liberals and radicals gives suspect to all high learning having the best interests of the people in mind when it comes to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Huuuuummmmm was not trying to pick fight but if you insist

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Don’t get in a fight with baldilocks. She’s former military, has a razor-sharp mind, and is even tougher than Sarah.

(P.S. That’s just me being nice to another human being.)

aero on November 8, 2008 at 12:06 AM

Hey The Justice Souter, just told Obama to produce a Vault copy of his Birth Certificate!!!!!!!!! Ya HOOOOOO

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:07 AM

ddrintn on November 8, 2008 at 12:00 AM

Exactly the plan…or a variation there of since the weather here just went to crap. Yes tomorrow me & the boy are gonna hang out and giggle. Because I know he’s noticed that Mommy’s been a little preoccupied with world events.

FinallyRight on November 8, 2008 at 12:08 AM

I’ve had similar thoughts.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:27 PM

I’ve worked in the federal government since I was 17. I’ve served under both terms of President Bush. I couldn’t give an explanation of the “Bush Doctrine” any better than Sarah Palin did. The Bush Administration didn’t just one day say “Here’s our doctrine and follow along as the war and world events change its priorities.” The Bush Doctrine is more of a media description of his foreign policy and it wasn’t always flattering.

I am not willing to say she could not have been completely unaware of the term and its insinuations. What I am willing to bet is that she was coached to not say anything that gave the impression she agreed with Bushes prosecution of the war. And quite frankly, I think Sarah Palin was uncomfortable doing any of the Bush bashing. For one, that woman believes in the GWOT. You can hear it in her speeches and for crickets sake, she watched her kid go off to fight that war. What I am sure of, her comments were more scrutinized and examined more than any other candidate. Someone please tell me why her comment that the Soviet Union can be see from Alaska is a stupid answer when it comes to realizing the gravity of foreign affairs, but not a second look to Biden about…

Former plagiarizing of speech content,
Not knowing when The Great Depression occurred,
Not knowing who was the President when The Great Depression occurs,
Thinking Roosevelt addressed the nation on TV when The Great Depression occurred,
Contradicted his running mates position on clean coal,
Together with his running mate lied to the America People about their position on the very use of coal,
Talked about just eating at Katies Restaurant while on the campaign trail after it had been closed down for 15 years,
Telling the media his helicopter was “Forced Down” in Afghanistan and then embellishing the story to make it sound like he was freaking behind enemy lines when in fact he was less than 15 miles from Bagram and took SUVs back by ground,
Didn’t know in the debate what article of The Constitution governed the office of the VP,
Lied the entire debate about McCain positions and votes in the Senate,
Didn’t know General Mckiernans name either, although Rachel Madcow made a special point to say Palin misspoke his name,
Obama said there were 57 states,
In one of those states, Kansas he said 10,000 people died in a tornado when only 12 had,
He constantly misspoke the the state he was speaking in,
He said an Uncle in an American unit helped liberate a concentration camp than Russians actually had,
He told a newsperson he wasn’t aware of the Hanford nuclear-waste cleanup project and that he have to read up on it, but he actually had to vote on defense-authorization bills that addressed it,
He talked about a Life magazine article that was the catalyst for his “awakening” and it just didn’t exist,
Not to mention in an unscripted video moment he let the world know exactly how much of a Marxist theologian he was in the way he answered a simple question from a plumber. And did the press go after him, nope they went after the plumber, just like they went after the nice lady from Wasilla.
And I could go on. I just get so tired of pointing out the media bias. But it is worth it here to remind fellow Republicans who the real enemy is and it aint Sarah Palin.
Crap, I said aint, Alert the media!

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:09 AM

Sarah did a very nice job with the media in these sessions. I love that she is not afraid to speak her mind. It also shows how she could have been in the campaign if her handlers would have put her into a more fair position.

The Wallaces screwed up on her interview arrangements. She should have done only live shows with hostile journalists. She also should have started with a couple of softer interviews. Maybe Rush Limbaugh first to get some exposure without a hard news angle. Then maybe Britt Hume to get a policy interview done with a journalist that would not be aggressively out to get her. After that she could have maybe done Larry King Live to get an interview with a less sympathetic reporter. Then maybe a couple Sunday shows since they are live.

I am also happy that people are clearing Mitt Romney of any part in the hits on Palin. He wouldn’t play politics like that I don’t think. He just is not that kind of guy.

Hawthorne on November 8, 2008 at 12:10 AM

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:07 AM

don’t pull our leg LINK please

driver on November 8, 2008 at 12:10 AM

I’m so sorry…

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Atlas shrugs site

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:11 AM

I think the thing that annoys me the most about all this is that is so media driven and concentrated. Some he said/she said nonsense that is being peddled by the pack of jackals we call msm in this country. I am not so sure it serves Governor Palin well for bloggers to beat it to death and help spread rumors either. What is she supposed to say to this kind of thing? McCain would not have picked her to be on the ticket with him if he did not consider her an asset. People just leave it at that.

I think that if she goes home and goes back to work in Alaska and gets some more experience dealing with the national press and with other politicians Palin might very well have a future in national politics.

Reagan was no overnight sensation either. It took him years to gain that kind of confidence.

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:12 AM

driver on November 8, 2008 at 12:10 AM

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:13 AM

don’t pull our leg LINK please

driver on November 8, 2008 at 12:10 AM

I don’t bullshit when I see something. You do know how to use a browser don’t you?

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:13 AM

At this point, Supreme Court Justice David Souter’s Clerk informed Philip J. Berg, the lawyer who brought the case against Obama, that his petition for an injunction to stay the November 4th election was denied, but the Clerk also required the defendants to respond to the Writ of Certiorari (which requires the concurrence of four Justices) by December 1. At that time, Mr. Obama must present to the Court an authentic birth certificate, after which Mr. Berg will respond.

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:14 AM

unseen:

The Bushes do not deserve that kind of attitude. One thing is for sure, Bush would never insult Palin the way some Republicans have. Never.

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:14 AM

If Obama fails to do that, it is sure to inspire the skepticism of the Justices, who are unaccustomed to being defied. They will have to decide what to do about a president-elect who refuses to prove his natural-born citizenship.

“I can see a unanimous Court (en banc) decertifying the election if Obama refuses to produce his birth certificate,” says Raymond S. Kraft, an attorney and writer. “They cannot do otherwise without abandoning all credibility as guardians of the Constitution. Even the most liberal justices, however loathe they may to do this, still consider themselves guardians of the Constitution. The Court is very jealous of its power – even over presidents, even over presidents-elect.”

Also remember that on December 13, the Electoral College meets to casts its votes. If it has been determined that Mr. Obama is an illegal alien and therefore ineligible to become President of the United States, the Electors will be duty-bound to honor the Constitution.

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:16 AM

What’s worse is how this backstabbing works hand-in-glove with the MSM’s smash Palin agenda. It’s not good enough that The Untested One won the election, now they have to stomp on her carcass to ensure no future viability.

sladenyv on November 8, 2008 at 12:17 AM

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:07 AM

From Souter? That just means they finally cooked one up that looks authentic. But the foot prints on it are size 11s.

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:18 AM

I’ve never placed much weight in the birth certificate deal myself but nonetheless I’m looking forward to the finale.

FloatingRock on November 8, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:38 PM

I’m not amused….

Hog Wild on November 8, 2008 at 12:19 AM

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:11 AM

Not me. I’d take 8 more over this next guy. Sorry you don’t appreciate being safe for 8 years.

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:19 AM

I sure hope he fails. And he doesn’t become our Pres. Hope if it is true Oprah cries on her talk show. Should show his sheep how much he deceived them.

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:20 AM

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:18 AM

LOL!

FloatingRock on November 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:13 AM

Thank you for posting the link. I am not that good at that yet.

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Since 1980 the bush family has tried to destroy the Reagan conservatives. Bush 1 could not hide his dislike for Reagan’s form of conservatism. Bush 2 came with “compassionate conservatism” which basically meant big government spending to win votes. The bush family is the biggest cause of the switch form Reagan small federalism form of government. to big spending , high debt government.

It is my view that Bush 2 has done more to harm Reagan conservatism than any democrate now in office. Even Clinton could not do what bush 2 did.

bush 2′s fighting of the wars also led to the fact that Americians now find the dems better to handle national security.

Bush 2 will long be remembered by me has the instrument of Reagan conservatism death.

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Thank you for posting the link. I am not that good at that yet.

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM

no problem

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:23 AM

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:07 AM

Does anyone wonder if he has been holding a legal and authentic birth certificate proving that he was born in Hawaii for just such a moment as this. “Ta-da! I…uh…told everyone…er…that there…was nothing to see here…persecution…er…unjustified…conspiracy of lies…er…see…uh…YES YOU CAN…er…trust me.”

FinallyRight on November 8, 2008 at 12:24 AM

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:19 AM

Those that give up freedom for security deserve niether .

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:24 AM

Why I could never be a politician. My response:

“I don’t really see how these folks could have possibly seen or heard me say these things with their heads so deeply lodged in their own asses.”

Nethicus on November 8, 2008 at 12:24 AM

I have no way of knowing for sure of course, but I don’t think this birth certificate thing will amount to anything. It would be funny as hell if it did, but I just don’t see it happening.

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:24 AM

At least nobody mentioned Sarah Palin’s side career as an English Cat Burglar

uptight on November 8, 2008 at 12:25 AM

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:19 AM

And why do you think Obama is no President elect. If not for Bush 2 we would have no Obama. It was Bush’s actions of big government that caused the desire for change in this country. a reagan conservative in the WH these last years would have made Obama a moot point.

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Palin better work her butt off in these 2 years if she plans to run for office. The ball is in her court if she wishes to clean up her image. The 18 month campaign is nothing like the hell she just been through, It’s worst.

Palinpuma on November 8, 2008 at 12:26 AM

Huuuuummmmm was not trying to pick fight but if you insist

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:59 PM

Don’t start none, won’t be none.

Seriously, truce.

baldilocks on November 8, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Here’s the link about Obama birth certificate…., I’m skeptical

Kini on November 8, 2008 at 12:27 AM

I will add myself to the people that voted for McCain only because of Sarah.. not to mention the dozen others in my circle that I harassed until they did and the countless others they harassed on account of my harassing and the 5 bazillion people I forwarded blog posts from my own blog which I never would have written if not for Sarah and from other blogs I never would have read if not for Sarah and so on.. get the picture. My memory is quite good and I remember McCain dead in the water pre-Palin. I don’t think he would have had anywhere near the showing he had without her.. Just think of the masses of people coming out to see them both once she got the base back into the campaign.

I despise RINOS.. Go back and read every post I ever made and half of them are me bitching about RINOS messing up our party and by extension the country. Go back and ask the four million NRCC and RNC people that called me looking for money what I told them before Sarah was on board. I told them “HELL NO, I AM TIRED OF —-ING RINOS IN MY PARTY, YOU WILL NOT GET ANOTHER DIME FROM ME UNTIL THERE IS A CONSERVATIVE ON THE TICKET!!” Speaking of which, I, and many others flooded the GOP coffers with dough the day after the convention. I have not regretted Sarah’s involvement one iota.

Finally, let me also say to Mr. McCain that if not for Gov. Palin, I would still despise your sorry RINO ass. However, because of her, I got to know you and your history that much better and while I still to disagree whole-heartedly with your lame RINO ways, I was proud to cast my vote for you.

Its about time you stood up and defended your running mate against the tools who are helping the media in their efforts to destroy her now so they don’t have to deal with her re-emerging in 2012.

RobertCSampson on November 8, 2008 at 12:28 AM

I’ve never placed much weight in the birth certificate deal myself

It’s becoming our version of 9/11 truth, unfortunately. No matter what Obama produces people are going to say it’s a forgery.

CanadianGuy on November 8, 2008 at 12:28 AM

Bush 2 will long be remembered by me has the instrument of Reagan conservatism death hibernation.

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM
FIFY

FloatingRock on November 8, 2008 at 12:29 AM

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:24 AM

Well Obama and the DNC was suppose to hand the vault copy over in October but they didn’t respond. Then he went to Hawaii. He had it sealed. Never know. Don’t hurt to wish.

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:30 AM

working link to presidential race South Park

Totally priceless

uptight on November 8, 2008 at 12:30 AM

Another link… still skeptical

Kini on November 8, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Anyone who thinks this woman is dumb can eat sh#$

bluejacket on November 8, 2008 at 12:31 AM

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:22 AM

Do you feel better now

driver on November 8, 2008 at 12:31 AM

unseen:

Those who give up freedom for security deserve neither???Who are you a Truther? I mean really what did Bush do that curtailed your freedom?

You know what? Bush did make Foley IM to boys, he did not make Tom DeLay get his butt indicted, he did not force Congressmen to take bribes from Abramoff, he did not require earmarks be put on every piece of legislation. He did not demand that members of his own cross the aisle to overide his veto of a bloated farm bill. When he asked the Congress in 2003 and every year thereafter to let Treasury set up a special office to deal with FM because it was out control..he certainly did not force members of his own party to let the Democrats block his efforts.

No, blaming everything on Bush is just an easy out for people. And he does not deserve it.

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:31 AM

CanadianGuy on November 8, 2008 at 12:28 AM

hey anything to bring the libertian party home to the Rep works for me. As far as it being true or not. i lean towards it being true for the simple reason that if it was not Obama would hav eproduced it like McCain did his to stop the doubts. It was a distraction for Obama on the campaign trail true a small one but it was one. why would he not just produce one and get rid of the distraction if able. that is what doesn’t make sense to me. It is such an easy thing to deal with and settle yet Obama consistently fails to put it to bed.

Why is that?

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:32 AM

bush 2’s fighting of the wars also led to the fact that Americians now find the dems better to handle national security.

Oh, I didn’t know we had another general blogging here. What would you have done differently? Because a lot of us on active duty tend to feel the war in both theaters was actually won and pretty stable until we demonstrated back home that we were politically split. The war went south when Dennis Kucinich said in a Democratic debate that George Bush cooked up the entire war in Texas before he even came into office and then every other Democratic candidate joined the chorus. We had intelligence that the insurgents followed politics back in the states. They took advantage of all of that. I can tell you immediately after the end of major engagements, you could drive in a regular vehicle from the embassy to BIAP safety. If Bush wasn’t smart about anything it was that he trusted the Democrats to be the loyal opposition.

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:33 AM

If the Obamabots make you barf, think about your own feelings for Sarah Palin for a sec.

haner on November 7, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Bring the proof that she has a penchant for lies or shut that sewer you call your mouth.

csdeven on November 8, 2008 at 12:33 AM

sheebe:

We shall see. But the truth is I could not come up with an original of my birth certificate either. A lot of people could not, especially if they were born over 40 years ago.

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:34 AM

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:31 AM

He expanded the size of government by 40%. That in itself threatens my freedom by governmental over reach. I won’t even go into the powers of the patriot act. Yes I agree some were needed and some wher ejust government gone wild. He formed the biggest governmental department in history with the homeland dept.

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:35 AM

Those that give up freedom for security deserve niether .

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:24 AM

Served and fought for both, but thanks for the civics lesson. Did the big bad FISA bill scare you?

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM

I like this side of Sarah Palin! During the campaign she had to temper her words – she was, first and foremost, McCain’s running mate. She was the number one cheerleader for McCain and spent all of her time promoting him. She did her best to stay on message.

Now the ‘cuda is unleashed! She is beholden to no one and can answer the pukes in the lib media with the contempt that they have so justly earned. She answers them graciously and with a smile, but she’s calling them out for their lack of integrity and professionalism just the same.

Kudos!

Phildorex on November 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Kini on November 8, 2008 at 12:27 AM

That was October 6th on the link you put up. The one I found was issued today. You never know, I just hope so. Don’t hurt to wish.

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Why is that?

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:32 AM

With the press on his side, I don’t think he thought he had to do anything.

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:37 AM

Were our Founders not elite? There’s a huge difference between elitism and being an elite, and I think some people miss that distinction. I go back and often reread some of the writings of our Founders, and every time, I’m impressed at the precision of logic and the mastery of language in them. How different our country would be if our Founders were men of mediocre intelligence and articulation.

There are many people at Harvard who got in because they are high-functioning morons, and likewise many brilliant people who didn’t even go into college and achieved great things. But that’s not the issue here. What I’m saying is that the Republican Party should celebrate excellence everywhere, including at Harvard and in the East Coast. And the man who didn’t go to college should only be respected because he did do great things, not because he didn’t go to college/Harvard.

Sarah Palin’s poor performance in her Couric interview should not be dismissed so lightly as her “being one of us.” Challenging mediocrity is not inherently elitist. It is the means that individuals and countries become better. Putting aside the identity politics, has Sarah Palin really earned the adoration of her supporters? Has she proven herself to be a first-rate mind? Has she exhibited a broad and thorough understanding of global issues relevant to leading our country into the 21st century? Or is she instead a pretty average mind of limited curiosity about the world, but with some good values and convictions?

haner on November 8, 2008 at 12:37 AM

oh yeah and he just signed a $700b bailout of the banks and wall street putting the government directly in charge of our entire finacial sector. what part of those do you not have a problem with as a conservative that thinks small governmetn and limited divided gov is the answer.

government is and always will be a necessary evil. Bush allowed that evil to grow uuncontrolled for the last 8 years and by doing so he has threaten by freedom. Now a confirmed marxist has the keys to the monster Bush created. How am I or my son safer today than I was 8 years ago. 8 years ago I did not have to worry about an egomanicic taking over my country.

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:38 AM

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:35 AM

That he did. Some was a tad to extreme. But with That One, he will make our Country to open for something to happen.

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:38 AM

Why is that?

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:32 AM

I don’t know but there was some document released and a birth notice in a Hawaiian paper. Even if he does produce his actual birth certificate people will say it’s fake (read the comments at Atlas Shrugs). I’m not going to get into a debate about this or about why you don’t have to melt steel for it to weaken.

CanadianGuy on November 8, 2008 at 12:38 AM

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Are you any kin to ManlyRash

driver on November 8, 2008 at 12:39 AM

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM

again I will repeat. what part of increasing the size of gov by 40% buying out the banks and financial system gives you warm and fuzzy feelings?

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:40 AM

And I think the idea that Bush has tried to destroy Reagan conservatism is paranoid. The fact that they never tried to be clones of Reagan does not mean they tried to destroy the man. And Reagan was president 25 years ago, this is not 1980.

And Reagan was not a fiscal conservative. He ran up deficits. Government grew when he was president. He was a compassionate man, he did not ignore the needs of people.

I saw an interesting chart over at Powerline . It showed that government has grown for the last several decades no matter who was in charge of either the White House or the Congress.

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:40 AM

My heart tells me by Obami’s behavior that some in high places are worried. Can you blame them? So, knowing this law suit. Might have made them feel they need to do something. Justices don’t like to be ignored. It could be that he ticked a Judge off by not responding. Thinking he is above and beyond the law. On this radio show, the followers are actually calling him The Messiah. That is a bit scary.

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:41 AM

csdeven on November 8, 2008 at 12:33 AM

The knight in shining armor has entered the building.

Bradky on November 8, 2008 at 12:42 AM

truthers are entertaining

joey24007 on November 8, 2008 at 12:43 AM

unseen:

Oh please, don’t blame that on Bush alone. I do not doubt for one minute that Reagan would have done the same thing Bush did when confronted with that kind of situation.

What about all the experts on Wall Street and in the private sector? Where the hell have they been for the last few years? A year ago the DOW hits a record high, obviously they did not see impending doom. What were they doing to stop a collapse? What about all those bankers in Europe and Asia? All over the world?

No, don’t blame this on one man.

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:44 AM

Google the Souter Obama birth certificate and you will see it is almost all blogs linking to one another over this story.

Bradky on November 8, 2008 at 12:44 AM

sheebe on November 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM

I did several google searchs on that.

Do you have a link?

Kini on November 8, 2008 at 12:45 AM

unseen on November 8, 2008 at 12:38 AM

I didn’t say I didn’t have problems with the more liberal positions he took. I doubt here is anyone who blogs here that is more Conservative than me. I’m a soldier though and I just don’t like his prosecution of the war lumped into the Bush is a failure meme. Especially from other Republicans or Libertarians. No war is fought perfect. You said it helped elect Democrats. I see it as Democrats being disloyal while their own military was engaged in a conflict to assert their power and half of the electorate buying it.

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:45 AM

Hey guys and gals,
After reading that story on BHO being required to actually produce his BC, I went to the SCOTUS website to see what I could find on the case. I found 2 references to Berg v. Obama and both were denials by Souter to the ‘stay’ in the Nov. 4th election sought by Berg. But no reference posted on their site, that I could find, to an order by Souter to produce a BC…

Gohawgs on November 8, 2008 at 12:46 AM

unseen:

No, George Bush did not do that, the Congress did that. George Bush is not the King or Emporer, if the government expanded while he was in office it was because a largely Republican Congress helped make it happen.

And I doubt if it would have happened if not for 9/11.Maybe that was just some minor inconvenience for you, but it was a pretty damn big deal for the rest of us.

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:46 AM

Terrye on November 8, 2008 at 12:31 AM

Bush has been a dismal president and has dealt a massive blow to the Republican Party. If it weren’t for the WOT he wouldn’t have had a second term and his popularity would be even lower than it is.

FloatingRock on November 8, 2008 at 12:46 AM

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:36 AM

Are you any kin to ManlyRash

driver on November 8, 2008 at 12:39 AM

Nope, why do you ask pray tell?

hawkdriver on November 8, 2008 at 12:47 AM