Palin on the leakers: “Those guys are jerks”

posted at 8:50 pm on November 7, 2008 by Allahpundit

First day back at work for the ‘Cuda, and it wasn’t uneventful. I’m giving you two versions, the nitty gritty 90-second hit from CNN and the extended director’s cut from MSNBC. No names are named, but the hint she drops about the NAFTA smear probably having come from one of her debate preppers is as heavy as a barbell. Who was in charge of prepping her? Among others, according to Fox News: Randy Scheunemann, her chief defender, as well as … Steve Schmidt and Mark Wallace, husband of Nicolle. Hmmmm.

The MSNBC clip heats up starting at around 1:45; apparently, she and McCain have been chatting about this. Exit quotation: “I never asked for anything more than maybe a Diet Dr. Pepper every once in awhile.”

Update: Ambinder on the Romney rumors:

As one of the first reporters to sense these ill-winds, I don’t see an organized conspiracy. The first people with whom I spoke had no connection to Romney’s campaign whatsoever — they were longtime McCain advisers and aides… so…they didn’t much like Mitt Romney. When Palin was first selected, of the five Romney aides/advisers I remember contacting, three had positive impressions and two had mixed impressions.

Now, as the campaign progressed, there were people who can be fairly described as being Romney advisers who began to criticize Palin and pass along what their Republican friends were telling them. But so did consultants, strategists and activists representing every potential 2012 candidate. And other Romney advisers continued to praise her.

Who ordered the hit on Palin? Everyone, apparently.

Update: The MSNBC clip’s long but worth watching, especially the part about double standards for women candidates.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 8

The MSNBC interview speaks volumes. Look at how well she handled those reporters, standing all on her own.

Just superb.

Yes, I’d say Governor Palin is going to be just fine.

The Ugly American on November 7, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Can’t wait for Gov. Palin to start a PAC. I will gladly give her $20.00 a month for the next 4 years.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Me, too. That Politco hack said in so many words they would try to turn Sarah Palin into “Dan Quayle and potatoe”.

Marcus on November 7, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Give me a break. She’s a politician and politicians always fib if it’s to their advantage, and there are many examples of her doing so (not that I fault her for being a politician). You sound like those Obama worshippers who believe their guy also is the only one who has honesty, integrity and genuineness. If the Obamabots make you barf, think about your own feelings for Sarah Palin for a sec.

haner on November 7, 2008 at 10:23 PM

Haner, I hear you. When Sarah Palin was announced, several people I know had been talking about Obama being the anti-Christ. To which I disagreed – mainly because it is not worth talking about anyway even if he were.
Well, Sarah came on to the scene. I admit I was impressed right off. Mainly, because she appeared to believe everything she said. It was just not a series of eloquent words streaming from her mouth in the hopes it would fall into our ears and move us her way.
No. She speaks from her heart. One of the reason she seems so unpolished sometimes is because we are hearing her – not some speech-writer or sound bite.
She is fun, wonderful, tough, and very personable, but what I love about her is her ideals, work ethic, and world-view. It is not simply the person that attracts me and makes me just about jump for joy when I hear her talk.
It is listening to someone actually say something. Not empty words.
I made the joke that if she were not as real as she comes across, then ladies and gentleman she’s about the frightening person on the planet! Because if there some latent, evil thing directing her – dang if it ain’t about as well hidden as it can get. (laugh)
No, she’s authentic. That is not seen much anymore on the national political stage. An authentic conservative – who actually uses the term “servant’s heart” not for brownie points or poll numbers – but because she believes it.
Well, we tend to believe in what she stands for. The person? We like her, probably adore and love her.
What we get all bent out of shape over is what she stands for and the ideas she defends.
We defend those same ideas – not the person.
That is what makes us different from the cultists of the president-elect.

Of course the person we all need to really watch out for is Piper! Fair warning that little girl plans on being queen of the world – just you watch! (laugh)

kybowexar on November 7, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Yep,sure do
President-Elect Barrack Obama

DcMike2K on November 7, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Now I know you’re full of crap. Obama hasn’t been called to the floor on a tenth of the things I’ve found out on the conservative blogs.

I know you’re an Obama lurker… but for God’s sakes man… you need to take a shower. We conservatives can smell your stench from miles away.

dominigan on November 7, 2008 at 10:40 PM

I dont get you lefties why still attack sarah you got your sorry excuse for a president in power.

Lead now instead of still running around whining about the right.

Oh thats right your still scared that Obama isnt all that you pretended he was so your already rushing to defend him because he is going to be a complete flop as a president.

William Amos on November 7, 2008 at 10:32 PM

When people wakes up and msm start to trickle facts about obama, and Sarah is still there in contrast to what they chose , people will be feeling deep remorse.

Thats why they got their thug money obamabots still trolling here.

the_nile on November 7, 2008 at 10:40 PM

The quality of person who are inspired (sheeple) speaks volumes about said inspirer.

Another couple of cases in point…..

Free gas

Oh Jesus, John McCain

csdeven on November 7, 2008 at 10:37 PM

That is the only upside of the Obammy presidency I am not sure why but these people make me LMAO, when they should have me scared shitless.

PiggieSez on November 7, 2008 at 10:40 PM

Fu** off. Just because I’m not a fan of Palin doesn’t make me an Obama supporter. Can you not handle any criticism from other Republicans and conservatives? Must we all worship Sarah Palin to be considered a conservative?

haner on November 7, 2008 at 10:35 PM

No but the fight now is against Obama not Palin. We will have 2 years to debate Palin. At the monment she is the head of the base. And as such an attack on her is an attack on the base. Deal with it. The dems did not win by allowing other dems to attack Obama or hillary. you attack the enemy. Not your friends. I don’t like Rommnney much, nor do I like Rudy, or huckster but I am not going to attack them to build up Palin. I want them all to do well in the next 4 years. Each drawing their supporters who see the wisdom in not attacking each other but using all resources to slow the damage an Obama will do. The primaries are not until 2011. Now it is the loyal opposition and to attack our front runner at this time this place is beyond the pale and smacks of obama astrotufting.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 10:41 PM

She’s great. Very articulate and thoughtful. She has a bright future.

Mojave Mark on November 7, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Ok, so it’s the identity politics. That’s kind of what I figured. The “pro-America”, “Joe six-pack” language stuff. That really does it for ya?

crr6 on November 7, 2008 at 10:38 PM

You apparently have a different definition of “identity politics”. Barack Obama is the most prominent exemplar of the phenomenon. It’s how he got to where he is.

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 10:42 PM

If she had been this calm and collected giving interviews during the race, she would have won.

Speedwagon82 on November 7, 2008 at 10:43 PM

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Very well said

driver on November 7, 2008 at 10:43 PM

Just superb.

Yes, I’d say Governor Palin is going to be just fine.

The Ugly American on November 7, 2008 at 10:39 PM

It occurs to me that Gov. Palin may very well have asked McCain NOT to step in and call his former staffers to task over all of this. It reflects well on her that she does not need McCain to ride to her rescue. She doesn’t need anyone. She can answer just fine on her own, and call those gossipers to task with no help from Sad Grandpa.

aero on November 7, 2008 at 10:45 PM

My mistake. Your antagonism, bitterness, and unfounded dislike of Sarah made me think you were an Obama supporter. I apologize for accusing you of such stupidity.

aero on November 7, 2008 at 10:38 PM

You’re a very nice person.

baldilocks on November 7, 2008 at 10:45 PM

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 10:37 PM

I can’t remember, are you one of the folks who have sworn off Fox? If not they will show Greta again later. Although I must admit finding it on YouTube would be better.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 10:46 PM

I like Romney, but that is not correct. He is not that Conservative than Palin. I know who you are talking about. He was on Savage a few days ago. He knows not much. That site is Liberal as crap too.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 10:46 PM

Speedwagon82 on November 7, 2008 at 10:43 PM

It wouldn’t have mattered what she said during the campaign. I’d agree with Krauthammer. Once Lehman Brothers declared bankruptcy, and this “crisis” opportunely (for Obama) appeared, McCain was sunk.

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 10:46 PM

no help from Sad Grandpa.

LOL
McCain’s going to regret he ever agreed to utter those words.

CanadianGuy on November 7, 2008 at 10:47 PM

aero on November 7, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Yes , it looks a lot better than crying like Hillary.

the_nile on November 7, 2008 at 10:47 PM

aero on November 7, 2008 at 10:38 PM
You’re a very nice person.

baldilocks on November 7, 2008 at 10:45 PM

You two should get a room

driver on November 7, 2008 at 10:47 PM

crr6 on November 7, 2008 at 10:38 PM

Go look in it that mirror I told you about and then meld it with your last comment. Hand in glove.

csdeven on November 7, 2008 at 10:48 PM

That MSNBC video was terrific, especially the part about the equality of Alaskan women. Oh, how I admire Sarah Palin.

petefrt on November 7, 2008 at 10:48 PM

aero on November 7, 2008 at 10:45 PM

You are right, if she aspires to national office she will have to take care of the bullies on her own.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 10:48 PM

I breaks my heart to see what’s been happening to this woman. I hope to see her back on the national stage again, but in truth we don’t deserve her.

AbaddonsReign on November 7, 2008 at 10:49 PM

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 10:46 PM

No a smart conservative like Palin could have easily turned it around and blamed liberalism. A conservative could have said this is what happens when you have out of control spending when you have out of control corruption on both sides. The wall street mess shows that Wall Street and Washington can no longer be foremd at the hip. that we must allow wall street to be wall street and washington to be washington and to cut spending , shrink the government, and let government get back to its core principles of providing a free fair market place.

but since McCain was not a conservative he allowed Obama to claim the field of battle.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 10:50 PM

I echo Krauthammer. I wish it wasn’t so, but speaking as a grown-up the financial meltdown killed McCain’s chance at the Presidency.Nothing that Sarah could do would have changed that.

technopeasant on November 7, 2008 at 10:51 PM

You are an idiot. Palin can and will expand the demographic.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 10:34 PM

Yeah, and the polls clearly showed she won the Independent, minority and youth vote for McCain. What a load of crock. And don’t give me another polls are crap post.

And let me clarify, you don’t win those groups by kissing the Democrats’ ass and adopting their policies either, but you definitely don’t win them through shallow rhetoric of otherness and elitism. You win youths by encouraging hard work and academic achievement, not bashing achievers as “elitists” out of touch with “small town values.” More than half the class of Harvard are from small towns on financial aid who got there through their own hard work and determination. And you win minorities by talking about opportunity and tolerance, not about “real Virginia.”

haner on November 7, 2008 at 10:51 PM

WOW!,..in just 10:38 she blew everything/anything hussein has/will ever say away!
This is why the media tried so hard to have her come across as stupid…she makes hussein sound like the worthless piece of crap that he is! (and his backup group)

christene on November 7, 2008 at 10:51 PM

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 10:46 PM

The other thing that hasn’t been mentioned is the oil bubble bust. It is hard to sell energy independence when everyone is practically turning handstands at what they are paying at the pump now. Current events had as much to do with this lose as the campaign did. Although why anyone believes Mr. Obama is going to do better is beyond me.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 10:51 PM

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 10:46 PM

And as an outsider she could have called for the destruction of K-street and lobbyists. She could have done a lot . McCain being part of the problem and allowing his campaign to be invested with idiots of bush could not defend himself from the charges of being bush lite.

I hope Gov Palin does not aloow any Bush people into here inner circles. None.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 10:53 PM

Hmmm…the Arab world saw to it that the price dropped before our election…I wonder why…

jgapinoy on November 7, 2008 at 10:54 PM

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 10:50 PM

Yes, but there wasn’t much time, especially when you have a craven MSM all-too-ready to follow DNC talking points and blame it all on Wall Street. But, I do have to think what-might-have-been if McCain had come out strongly against any friggin’ bailout. But then he wouldn’t have been McCain. Gov. Palin would have done so.

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 10:54 PM

haner on November 7, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Do you think that Obama spoke about opportunity and tolerance?

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Is anyone else having difficulty watching this girl try to explain Rev. Wright on Greta’s show? Is she nervous or is she a supporter of Wright? This is painful.

sherry on November 7, 2008 at 10:56 PM

That was painful to watch, Sherry. She just seemed clueless to the whole reason why Rev. Wright was an issue.

CanadianGuy on November 7, 2008 at 10:57 PM

haner on November 7, 2008 at 10:35 PM

You don’t have to be a Palin fanatic, (I’m not), to find the smear campaign unacceptable and intolerable. There is constructive criticism and destructive, and from the few posts of yours I’ve read I didn’t get the impression you’re being constructive.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 10:58 PM

jgapinoy on November 7, 2008 at 10:54 PM

I don’t agree with that, don’t forget they just recently reduced production and the prices are still dropping. I think those prices were as inflated as the house prices were three years ago. I read an article that said from April 2007 to April 2008 the citizens of Florida used the smallest amount of fuel per capita in thirty-five years. And that was before it got to $4 a gallon.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 10:58 PM

haner on November 7, 2008 at 10:51 PM

they are on financial aid but got there on their own? If they got there on their own they wouldn’t need finaicial aid now would they?

Palin said what she was told to say. As far as pools go. 52% that she helped the ticket. 40% said she hurt the ticket. correct me if I’m worng but didn’t your hero win with 52% of the vote.

If we need the havard crowd to win elections then we failed in delivering our message. you win minorities the same way you win white votes. minorities are no different from any other group. If a black man is running for the first time there is no way you are going to peel many away. same would be said for a Latino running for the first time. the second and third times? Then it becomes about the message.

The meeage is that college idiots are indoctrinated by the left and have forgotten what it is to be an americian. it is not will you pay for my education.

The message of life,liberty and the pursuit of happiness is just has current today as it was in 1776.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Let’s voice to McCain that we think this is an outrage to allow his anonymous aides to smear Sarah Palin. His website is mccain.senate.gov. I’ve sent an e-mail and don’t expect much from that, but if thousands contact him…..

Christian Conservative on November 7, 2008 at 11:01 PM

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 10:54 PM

yes agree not a lot of time to form a response. but that is the thing. If McCain was a real conservative the repsone would have been automatic and not needed to be poll tested. I mean I came up with that response in what 2 minutes.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Is anyone else having difficulty watching this girl try to

sherry on November 7, 2008 at 10:56 PM

His voice sounds so soft and easy not like his sermons strange

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM

I felt a little sorry for her, but something tells me she voted for Obama.

sherry on November 7, 2008 at 11:03 PM

Sarah WOULD have won… but she had John McCain hanging around her neck.

Palin-? 2012

NTXLass on November 7, 2008 at 11:04 PM

aero on November 7, 2008 at 10:45 PM

I agree, but it’s McCain who has the most authority and ability to assign names to the anonymous leakers, which I think should be done. I’m not an inside politics type of person but I feel certain that there are a number of people in the campaign that know who’s responsible.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Did you read Wrights interview in the news paper? Interesting how Ayers and Wright spoke to the press now. hmmmmmmmm a rat is in the house.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Sarah’s the bomb — she’ll be back on the national stage, while these idiots will be working for McDonald’s.

Richard Romano on November 7, 2008 at 11:05 PM

His voice sounds so soft and easy not like his sermons strange

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:02 PM

It could be that they sent him away to cure his Tourette’s syndrome and he is now self-medicating. I was hoping he would blurt out something nasty. But I guess it’s just a matter of time.

sherry on November 7, 2008 at 11:06 PM

I am not a violent person at all, save for deployments. But I sit here tonight wondering whether I’d like better being pitted against ten newspeople in a caged death-match or whether I’d prefer it be ten campaign handlers. Loin clothes and chainsaws!

What has happened to that woman and her family by those two groups of people is just the most despicable episode in any politics I’ve seen in all of my years on this planets.

Somebody please tell me I’m reading too much into the interview and she doesn’t have a little edge of bitterness in her voice.

hawkdriver on November 7, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 10:46 PM

No, I watch Fox News when available but got rid of my TV many years ago. I’m sure it will be on YouTube, though. It’s Rush! :)

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 10:58 PM

the reason the issue lost focus was not the price decrease. People remembered the prie well enough. they have seen it drop and raise again over and over. they know if the economy ever comes back it will be right back at $4.00/gal that is why the SUV and pickup sales have not increased with a drop in price. They know that no new supply is on the market.

No the reason energy lose importance is because McCain campiagn allowed it to lose importance. They didn’t use Palin on energy independence. McCain would have been better to suspend his campaign and fly to ANWR than to washington.

I can say that McCain ran one of the worse campaign ever as far as message disipline. McCain campign should have stayed on message on energy, on bailout, on defense, on iraq, on cutting spending. they sdhould have farmed out the personal attacks to 527′s and to the VP. they left PAlin twisting in the wind every other day.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:08 PM

but in truth we don’t deserve her.

AbaddonsReign on November 7, 2008 at 10:49 PM

I understand your point, but in truth it’s only her enemies that don’t deserve her.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:09 PM

HERE HERE speaking like real man

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Hey, now it says Obami calls Nancy Reagan to apologize about his error. Guess he knows now that Hillary was the one that held seances. Good Grief.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Just reading Sarah Palin’s face in the MSNBC clip, I can sense one vast difference she had with McCain. SARAH PALIN HATES TO LOSE!

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:06 PM

You are a brave soul with no TV although I must admit since I found HotAir I watch much less. Plus trying to find something that doesn’t annoy is hard.

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM

I have a feeling that many of the times Palin stumbled during interviews and pressers during the campaign were times when she felt pressure to convey a McCain stance that she didn’t totally agree with. For example, she was not very articulate when asked about the bailout. I may be wrong, but I’m willing to bet her personal inclination was not to blame “greed on Wall Street,” which was the McCain rhetoric on the matter. When she speaks from her heart, she rarely even utters an “um” or an “uh.” She speaks confidently, knowledgeably, and easily about matters that are important to Alaska, for example.

I look forward to Gov. Palin off the leash in the coming months and years. She’s not tiptoeing around Obama at all – she’s still criticizing him, as she should. The opposition party needs strong voices and leaders who are unafraid of the phenom and his cult.

aero on November 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Sarah P is my role model (or would be if I were younger.) I adore her. May her tribe increase. Literally. Can’t wait to vote for her as the FIRST WOMAN PRESIDENT!

Trolls: Don’t you have some dirty Obamabot t-shirts to wash or something?

RightTurnOnly on November 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM

kybowexar on November 7, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Could not have said it better myself. Most eloquent. Hats off to you sir or madame.

Chewy the Lab on November 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM

haner on November 7, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Very well put. If Palin is on the top of the ticket for 2012 she has to do it the old fashioned way – earn it. No coronations for anyone. Two months on the campaign trail doesn’t make her the heir apparent or party leader.
I’d rather see Michael Steel get the RNC chair spot, make gains in the house and 2010 and then consider putting his hat in the ring.

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM

I hope she runs for President too! She would be great. In the meantime, wish I could sleep for the four years until That One is gone.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Nothing that Sarah could do would have changed that.

technopeasant on November 7, 2008 at 10:51 PM

I don’t know about that. She almost did; they didn’t lose by that wide of margin. Perhaps if she had had the capability to control the message she might be president elect right now. There’s no way to know, but I think Palin/McCain might have won, or better yet, (by far), Palin/Fred or Fred/Palin.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM

aero on November 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM

There is a lesson in the military they teach to all ranks; a good leader must also be a good follower. Palin would have done well to remember that.

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:16 PM

I love Michael Steele. He would be great RNC chair. Sad that when he would speak. They would throw Oreo’s at him. I didn’t know that until today. He is a brilliant man. Anyone know William Walters? I love him too.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:17 PM

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Oh please… it would have been a 45 state blowout for Obama. Shouldn’t Palin have earned the nomination if she was that good? She didn’t enter the primaries.

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:17 PM

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:08 PM

You are probably right about the campaign, I have a prejudice about senators anyway. Is there a bigger group of pretentious gas bags anywhere. And I don’t know if the supposed friendship is a farce on both sides I hope it is perfectly clear to Sen. McCain that the honorable opposition would stab him again if they get the chance. I wonder how the great unwashed will feel when The One attains his stated desire to increase the cost of energy to change the habits of the people?

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 11:18 PM

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:16 PM

She was a good follower. It’s one reason we have a President-elect Obama.

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 11:18 PM

I still want to have her puppies…I think she is awesome!

Chewy the Lab on November 7, 2008 at 11:19 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:17 PM

That is sad about the oreos but the fact that he didn’t whine about it or expect someone to come to his defense, and pressed on says volumes about him.

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:19 PM

aero on November 7, 2008 at 10:45 PM

Concur 200%. Said the same thing a few hours ago in the other thread. Governor Palin doesn’t need to be rescued. She’s strong enough, intelligent enough, and can speak well enough to defend herself. She’s going to be doing interviews, O’Reilly, King, and probably even Oprah. She will come out of this all the much better if she doesn’t ask for or accept help defending herself and proves that she is fully capable of that task on her own.

As the VP nominee, she made McCain’s light brighter. Now she’s on her own, who’s light is going to shine now?

The MSM is only doing her a favor by being so petty, and then giving her a microphone expecting her to fall on her sword. It’s not going to happen. She’s not working on a persona, she’s being herself and will do very well with that.

Hog Wild on November 7, 2008 at 11:20 PM

Hog Wild on November 7, 2008 at 11:20 PM

ManlyRash just text messaged me; said to pass on that he “just knows” she will run the table in 2012 – going to lay some money down now.

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:17 PM

Sarah Palin would have destroyed Obama in debates. She could have entered the primaries; in hindsight I wish she had. But there were too many old prima donna dinosaurs who were (and are) convinced it was their turn. She wouldn’t have had a chance.

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:19 PM

That it does Bradky. He is not a whiner, and he is proud of being a Conservative.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 11:18 PM

I don’t know but I am sure I will remind them of the cost of their vote. Over and over and over and over and over until it is seared into their brain. They will equate every monthly electric bill with Obama if I have anything to say about it.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:23 PM

Bradky, please tell manlyrash hello for me please……..

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:25 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Does that mean we agree with each other?

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:26 PM

aero on November 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM

I’ve had similar thoughts.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:27 PM

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 11:23 PM

But she didn’t and we will never know for sure will we?

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:28 PM

But she didn’t and we will never know for sure will we?

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:28 PM

we will know in 2012

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:28 PM

I agree. She wouldn’t have been given a second look if she had entered the Presidential primary herself; plus she wouldn’t have been able to raise enough money. Timing is everything in life, including politics.

technopeasant on November 7, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Who ordered the hit on Palin? Everyone, apparently.

I love it… they are TERRIFIED! I can’t wait to turn those red and blue states pink in 2012!

joe_doufu on November 7, 2008 at 11:29 PM

kybowexar on November 7, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Chewy the Lab on November 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM

(laugh) It’s sir.

Thank you for your kind words, Chewy.

kybowexar on November 7, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Cindy Munford on November 7, 2008 at 11:18 PM

I worry that he will do that too. He doesn’t want to help us. He wants to crush us. Then hoping we will get on our knees. I will never do that. Guess we will have to buy some generators……………

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:30 PM

But she didn’t and we will never know for sure will we?

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:28 PM

Nope, but being on the ticket and getting the exposure this time makes all the difference. I didn’t even know who she is until NcCain made the announcement. That isn’t the case now.

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM

we will know in 2012

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:28 PM

we shall see….

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Maybe he’d make a good VP, though I’ve had misgivings about him since I saw him talking up McCain during the primaries. I don’t know enough about him to have a strong opinion, but I fear he’s just another squishy.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Does that mean we agree with each other?

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:26 PM\

Yes, we agree with each other. I screwed up on this message thing. Sorry is Friday. Blond is taking over my brain.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:30 PM

In all honesty, I don’t think he has a clue what he wants to do.

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:16 PM

This isn’t the military, and there’s a difference.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM

we shall see….

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM

there is no we will see. If you think Gov Palin ios going to go away and we are going to elect another boring white guy you are msitaken. a 91% approval rating says your wrong.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Lol – no problem – thanks for the reply.

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Help me. Seriously. I can’t even say it’s like watching a train wreck anymore…cause we aren’t to the train wreck part yet…No, I’ve set up my lawn chair by the tracks and I’m watching the masses who have laid down ON the tracks willingly while this…er…President Elect dynamites large chunks of the track. The train isn’t even in sight yet and there is already collateral damage. And I CAN’T LOOK AWAY. How does anyone around here get ANYTHING done? Please don’t take this as personal criticism. I refer only to my constant vigilance at the new and horrific things that are posted here. I have never been the most informed voter in the room. And I’ve been complacent and lazy. Now I am constantly starved for new information. How do you guys unplug from this? I’m obsessed and I don’t care for it. Yet I don’t want to miss anything. Thank God I’m self employed and have time during the day to obsess. Seriously, how do I find the balance between informed and obsessed?

FinallyRight on November 7, 2008 at 11:33 PM

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM

FloatingRock, he isn’t a squishy, I think he was trying to build McCain up. I have heard him complain on McCain’s debate performance. After the first one. He is a good man. VP would be good. Sarah for President. :)

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 11:34 PM

Chewy the Lab on November 7, 2008 at 11:19 PM

Can I have the spotted one

driver on November 7, 2008 at 11:34 PM

“Sa-Rah! Sa-Rah!”

apacalyps on November 7, 2008 at 11:34 PM

They would have chopped the hell out of it to make her look bad. How is it that some people still aren’t getting this?

Jim Treacher on November 7, 2008 at 11:35 PM

This isn’t the military, and there’s a difference.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Disagree it is a lesson that applies outside of the military as well.

As far as Steel goes I would imagine he will enter the primaries. If he doesn’t get the nomination he may be the VP. Depends on how Obama’s approval ratings are as well — if he is in the high fifties a lot of good possibilities probably will not run just to be the sacrificial goat.

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:35 PM

Sarah Palin would have destroyed Obama in debates.

ddrintn on November 7, 2008 at 11:23 PM

No question. Absent a teleprompter she’s far more articulate than Obama.

FloatingRock on November 7, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Jim Treacher on November 7, 2008 at 11:35 PM

the only way is to go above them. I hope Palin is internet fluent. she can do a lot from a webcam in the next couple of years if she wants to.

unseen on November 7, 2008 at 11:36 PM

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:23 PM

I miss Manly and his enthusiasm. Tell him to hurry back.

Hog Wild on November 7, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Hog Wild on November 7, 2008 at 11:37 PM

I was only joking. I am not in contact with him. Sorry.

Bradky on November 7, 2008 at 11:38 PM

aero on November 7, 2008 at 11:12 PM

Aero, I agree completely! I wondered if she either did not agree or she was having to parrot the talking points.

What I found interesting is, part of the problem for her might have been the level of communication. She’s a gifted and trained speaker (the folksy-stuff is style, not reflective of either of those things) and she’d been “hampered” by what she had to repeat.

It has to be tough being thrust in the spot-light, given lines to deliver – and you know in your heart you got better lines, but you have to be loyal to your boss. Plus, the sheer condescension shown her. I bet keeping her latent ‘Cuda in check had to be excruciating! (laugh)

I pity the fool who truly crosses her. Seriously, I think she truly is like an excellent boss who wants the team to do well. However, if someone needs removed for the good of the team – they are gone.

Someone said they were worried about a sound of bitterness in her voice. I did not catch that, but she did sound a bit disappointed to see the depth that her profession (journalism) had fallen. Other than that, I think she’s a compassion, but tough lady. She will do just fine.

kybowexar on November 7, 2008 at 11:39 PM