Emanuel tied to Freddie Mac collapse; Update: The numbers for Emanuel

posted at 11:30 am on November 7, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

During the campaign, Barack Obama had to fight off assertions that Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae had him in their pocket while the two GSEs committed fraud and declined to their collapse.  Obama didn’t help that perception when he chose Jim Johnson, Fannie Mae’s former CEO and chair, as the leader of his VP search committee, a position Johnson resigned shortly afterwards.  Now ABC reports that Obama’s new chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, sat on the board of Freddie Mac during the critical period:

President-elect Barack Obama’s newly appointed chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, served on the board of directors of the federal mortgage firm Freddie Mac at a time when scandal was brewing at the troubled agency and the board failed to spot “red flags,” according to government reports reviewed by ABCNews.com.

According to a complaint later filed by the Securities and Exchange Commission, Freddie Mac, known formally as the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, misreported profits by billions of dollars in order to deceive investors between the years 2000 and 2002.

Emanuel was not named in the SEC complaint (click here to read) but the entire board was later accused by the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight (OFHEO) (click here to read) of having “failed in its duty to follow up on matters brought to its attention.”

Emanuel’s action, or lack of it, came during a time when the SEC says Freddie Mac misrepresented its income to investors in order to maintain its price.  In other words, they committed fraud.  The SEC specifically notes that Freddie did this in 2000, 2001, and 2002, and Emanuel sat on the board in 2000-2001.

This is no small matter.  Had this happened when Sarbanes-Oxley was in effect, Emanuel would have had to sign off on those numbers under penalty of perjury.  He could be liable for criminal prosecution.  As it is, his actions and omissions as a board member may still result in civil and criminal liability, if the SEC discovers that he had a hand in the fraud committed at Freddie Mac, or if Emanuel knew about it and failed to act to stop it.

For an incoming administration that ran on cleaning up the greed on Wall Street, the selection of Emanuel speaks a lot louder than any campaign promises.  One might think that anyone who sat on the boards of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac while the two GSEs cooked the books and set the stage for global financial collapse should at least be considered political poison for any appointment, let alone one as significant as White House Chief of Staff — if nothing else, then at least on the basis of competence.  Instead, it looks like Obama is bringing the Chicago Way to Pennsylvania Avenue.

Hope and change, indeed.

Update: Business & Media Institute notes the numbers on Emanuel and Freddie Mac:

“Clinton’s going-away gift to Emanuel was a seat on the quasi-governmental Freddie Mac board, which paid him $231,655 in director’s fees in 2001 and $31,060 in 2000,” Lynn Sweet wrote for the Chicago Sun-Times on Jan. 3, 2002.

During the time Emanuel spent on the board, Freddie Mac was plagued with scandal involving campaign contributions and accounting irregularities. Freddie Mac and its sister organization Fannie Mae were taken over by the federal government in September 2008 after years of mismanagement and scandal. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson put the two beleaguered GSEs into a conservatorship, stripping common stock shareholders of their rights to govern the companies. …

“Freddie Mac was accused of illegally using corporate resources between 2000 and 2003 for 85 fundraisers that collected about $1.7 million for federal candidates,” an Associated Press story from April 18, 2006 said. “Much of the fundraising benefited members of the House Financial Services Committee, a panel whose decisions can affect Freddie Mac.”

And, since his successful run for the House of Representatives in 2002, Emanuel has been the beneficiary of campaign cash from Freddie Mac and its sister organization Fannie Mae – $51,750 according to the Center for Responsive Politics Web site OpenSecrets.org.

That’s certainly something to keep in mind while recalling the promises by Barack Obama to change the way business gets conducted in Washington.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

EnglishMike on November 7, 2008 at 12:03 PM

Nah, I think it’s the climate – everyone’s on edge.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:03 PM

“Imagine” by John Lennon. Google it. The lyrics will give you chills.

*shudder*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:00 PM

Don’t need to. Severe dislike of the Beetles, and pardong me for borrowing, but I must.

*retches*

Whew, thats better.

Marine_Bio on November 7, 2008 at 12:04 PM

A scandal brewing and the turkey has not even taken office yet. How nice.

Yessir, change we can believe in alright!

Dr. Dog on November 7, 2008 at 12:04 PM

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 11:52 AM

See – you got it!

EnglishMike on November 7, 2008 at 12:04 PM

Hey – what’s everyones plans for the coming economic storm?

Keep renting, hope I keep my job, plug away at night classes in school, buy a gun.

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM

“and their so stupid”
B.O. channeling Sherrif Bart

thomasaur on November 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM

OT: Did you see this, guys?

Wall Stree doesn’t lie. And neither do gun retailers.

newton on November 7, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Don’t blame them. There will be some fighting in our Country there is no doubt. The Dictator wants to bring change alright. He wants to change us into a Third World Country. We cannot let that happen.

By the way, I was enlightened knowing that manlyrash will be back!!! I had the feeling McCain would win. He just gave me more hope. :)

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Marine_Bio on November 7, 2008 at 12:04 PM

*pats on back* Sometimes you just have to, friend. Here’s a hankie.

*lurks*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM

But, a light bulb went off in my blond brain. Why can’t we have Pelosi, Reid, Dobbs, Franks, Emanuel, and any other dirty person that filled their pockets and had ignored regulation. So they could steal when ever they pleased. And this pork crap. Why can’t we do a citizens arrest on them? Just a thought. They are not taking action on any one. Wall Street, Banks etc

Like the Code Pink nuts who ‘arrested’ Darth Rove?

Eh, its fanciful and a guilty pleasure to think about it but these folks are writing the rules…..Most effective way to repudiate them is to vote people into office that share your principles and values — and will fight for them without rolling over and ‘reaching across the aisle’

Texas74 on November 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM

I just posted this one the other thread. Hot Air is quick!
sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Keep an eye on the Hot Air headlines. You can kind of tell what’s coming up as a thread… sometimes.

And in other news… Honeywell moving jobs out of the country. Rut roh. They’ll get b!tch-slapped by Obama’s thugs.

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:06 PM

pardong …..Slow fingers or something. pardon

Marine_Bio on November 7, 2008 at 12:06 PM

it looks like Obama is bringing the Chicago Way to Pennsylvania Avenue.

And you were expecting . . . what, exactly?

The Chicago Way is the only way Obama knows.

Store up on ammo, folks. It’s going to be a long 4 years.

AZCoyote on November 7, 2008 at 12:06 PM

Yep, Freddie Mac should be the new Halliburton. Should we get behind these guys and this President-elect like Chrissy Matthews admonishes us? Hell no! Unless we’re attacked, I can’t see it happening. The right should oppose this guy at every turn and on princple. I don’t think derangement like the left uses is the answer, but stiff, relentless, principled opposition is the key. They called Bush illegitmate from day one. This man should be treated no differently. No questioning his legitimacy because he was elected, but his fitness is fair game.

sladenyv on November 7, 2008 at 12:06 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Good news about ManlyRash…

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:07 PM

The plot sickens….

Chicago Tribune: Emanuel pick shows change is state of mind

Loyal readers know why I put the (D-Tomczak) at the end of Emanuel’s name. It refers to the corrupt Daley administration Water Department boss, Donald Tomczak, now in federal prison in Duluth, Minn. He sits there because he was convicted of bribery. Emanuel didn’t have anything to do with that. But he was a political beneficiary of Tomczak and the Chicago Way.

Two years ago, at the federal trial of Mayor Daley’s patronage chiefs—who were eventually convicted for building an illegal political army of city patronage workers to maintain the mayor’s control on Chicago—Tomczak was a key witness.

And he testified that he was ordered to put his political regiments on the streets in 2002 to elect Emanuel and defeat a liberal Democratic grass-roots candidate. The mayor put hundreds of political hacks on the city payroll stumping for Emanuel back then. Tomczak controlled them. They were afraid not to work the precincts. It was the only way for them to get promotions.

Oy. We are in for one helluva ride.

Chicago Way indeed, Ed.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 7, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Oy. We are in for one helluva ride.

Chicago Way indeed, Ed.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 7, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Fasten yer seatbelts, it’s gonna be a bumpy night!!

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Just another example of the failed policies of the Obama administration.

Vashta.Nerada on November 7, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 11:52 AM
See – you got it!

EnglishMike on November 7, 2008 at 12:04 PM

And my leg is tingling, too! (Oh, wait… nah, it just feel asleep.)

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:09 PM

I’ll be gun shopping for Christmas. Looking at a shorty CAR-15 and a 9mm Sig Sauer. And of course a lot of amunition.

There are a lot of ways an Obama administration could make it hard to own guns w/o a SC ruling. Punitive taxes on ammo and/or guns. Return to limits on magazines. Increased waiting periods. Federal licensing of all handguns. Public website that publishes information about gun owners. All perfectly legal.

DerKrieger on November 7, 2008 at 12:10 PM

I heard this on Michael Savage last night. I’m not the least bit surprised.

I wonder if MSM will cover this??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA (hysterical laughter)

SueM on November 7, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Like the Code Pink nuts who ‘arrested’ Darth Rove?

Texas74 on November 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Bless your heart, thank you.
I know I am just spewing, but We the ones that put them in office. Should have more of a voice.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:10 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:05 PM

Details please about manlyrash.

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Let the games begin. Is anyone surprised by this???

2jazzie lane on November 7, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Hey – what’s everyones plans for the coming economic storm?

Well….I already have a cave out on the ranch, time to start stocking it with some canned goods and whatnot. We have a small herd of cattle out there so at least we’ll be eating steak in exile! I live in Texas, I deer hunt. Do the math (IE, I am armed)

Books…lots of books would be a good idea.

Seriously though, my wife is not a political animal like I am. We don’t generally talk about it and when I throw FoxNews or CNN up on the big screen she gives me a look. About 2 months ago she bought some book called something like “living a self sufficient life” which is basically learning how to live off the landa dn whatnot.

I finally asked her how she felt about the election and it was like a dam bursting. Now we don’t talk about politics…..because it infuriates her. And its strange because we have an extremely tight marriage but that was the one topic we never broached.

She’s going to flip when I get off my ass and run for congress.

Texas74 on November 7, 2008 at 12:13 PM

On the other hand Emmanuel will perhaps probably be the first American in any position of power to have a grasp on the reality of Islam/Mohammedans since ……..well….living memory. The Saudi’s will certainly desire his removal, as they are the bestest, terrificest allies in the War on WTF they would be delighted to work with you in bringing him down.

BL@KBIRD on November 7, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Rush is talking about this right now.

Pointing out the hypocrisy and change.com

Obama is going to move this country to the left.

Viva La Resistance!

I’m just so proud to be here!

kingsjester on November 7, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Bless your heart, thank you.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Look CA is sooo nutty. I lived in LA for 29 years. Every election there was at least one proposition that won , but later was shot down in the courts… so very frustrating. I always thought it was a way to suppress conservative votes- after a few times, I even thought about not wasting my time to vote.
CA is a prime example of how the left runs Gov’t

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Just another example of the failed policies of the Obama administration.

Vashta.Nerada on November 7, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Inspired! I think that line will become the new ‘This is not the (insert name) I thought I knew’. You might want to make a note of the date, lest others try to claim it.

EnglishMike on November 7, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Actually I miss Manly. He is most welcomed if he comes back.

clemycali on November 7, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:06 PM

I think a lot of Companies will move out of our Country. This is what they want. To cripple the people, and bring us further down. Anyone that voted for The Dictator will be a enemy of mine. Maybe I am wrong to think like this. I have never had thoughts and feelings like this before. Maybe I need therapy??

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:16 PM

This is what America wanted. They voted more power to the people responsible for this mess. Apparently, no one cares how corrupt these people are. And when things go completely to hell under the Obama Administration I’m sure the Republicans will be available to blame.

tyrfing on November 7, 2008 at 12:16 PM

The problem is his whole cabinet will be full of controversy like this.

Otherwise, we need to pick one or two things and chip away until the Obamanites realize their emperor has no clothes.

Obamalama Deprogrammer on November 7, 2008 at 12:17 PM

I thought it was change.gov? Were they forced to change it?

Hey – what’s everyones plans for the coming economic storm?

Stay in my house, hope I keep my job, 5 years ’til retirement (note to self: move $ from 401K to Money Market Fund before Obama confiscates it).

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:18 PM

1.20.13

Saw this on what appeared to be a homemade bumper sticker this morning.

1.20.13….the last day of the Obama Administration.

“Keep Hope Alive!” and work like hell to make sure it happens.

coldwarrior on November 7, 2008 at 12:19 PM

I think it is change.gov.

My bad.

kingsjester on November 7, 2008 at 12:19 PM

CA is a prime example of how the left runs Gov’t

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:14 PM

You got that right. We have a home here. I told my husband we need to put it on the Market. I realize it my take a while. It is a unique home though. Has a guest house that one could make profit from renting. 1.2 acres. But now I am trying to find a state that is more Conservative and has values. Texas is sounding better and better. Any suggestions would be great. Is not like we are running. But Ca. is not the same. I grew up here, and it was different in those days.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:20 PM

I guess a front row seat in Chicago is too much to ask for. I wont see a thing on the news here about rahmbo here and Freddie.

UNREPENTANT CONSERVATIVE CAPITOLIST on November 7, 2008 at 12:21 PM

The media will ignore this article or will give excuses if they have to even mention or discuss this. The kool aid Obama supporters won’t listen. I tell you we are on the road to a tyrannical marxist government.

mariloubaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Since Bush was known as “ChimpyMcHalliburton”, can we call now president-elect Obama “ChimpyMacFanniemae”?

Or is that Raaaaaaaaaacissssssst?

csdeven on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:16 PM

They? Libs? Why do they want that? So we’ll need them more? Where will we work and who will they collect taxes from? Not sure about you’re logic. I suppose we could become a nation of fast food joints and 7/11s.

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

We have to keep taunting lefties by mentioning Obama’s potential impeachment.

Deep down, these animals know they had no grounds to impeach President George W. Bush, and that Bill Clinton remains the only elected President of the United States ever to be impeached.

The democrat party can gnaw at their limbs, but they’ll never get that thorn out.

Good times!

jeff_from_mpls on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:20 PM

I used to sell Real estate in the Valley and Ventura CO. got out at the top 3 years ago… moved to the greatest area in GA… I have lots of land, HUGE house that I built, horses, cows, chickens and all my neighbors are conservative gun owners. We even have “emergency” plans in place ;)

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

This is just wonderful news. Then just add in the mix Islamic banking coming to a bank near you.

Where’s my bumpersticker saying I didn’t vote for the Big O?

moonsbreath on November 7, 2008 at 12:23 PM

I think it is change.gov.

My bad.

kingsjester on November 7, 2008 at 12:19 PM

No, no. I heard Rush say change.com. His bad.

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Hope or change or all the same.

Another point McCain didn’t bring up during the debates.
How to protect my money.

Kini on November 7, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Oh, and taxes are low….

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Hey if Americans will go socialistic and drive business away, I would like to welcome them to Canada. We have a conservative prime minister and would love to have the opportunity. Let the leftists destroy the country, sorry but I am just being pragmatic with the Obama presidency. I know Canada is cold but you will be able to use your heaters and we have oil for your cars consumption. What do you think?

mariloubaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:24 PM

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

So you’re saying you won’t be signing up at change.gov? ;-)

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Hey – what’s everyones plans for the coming economic storm?

I’m battening down my hatches in the mountains of (very red) western PA. Then I’m going to buy a Bible and a gun to cling to.

clemycali on November 7, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Yes, hurry back, Manly! You need to help us mount The Resistance.

petefrt on November 7, 2008 at 12:25 PM

Oh, and taxes are low….

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Not for long.

We have to proteCt our phoney boloney jobs, gentlemen -
BLAZING SADDLES

kingsjester on November 7, 2008 at 12:26 PM

OBAMA IS A CHICAGO POLITICAL THUG. PERIOD.

marklmail on November 7, 2008 at 12:26 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Honestly, during the thread yesterday, I had to go to the site to check it out… then it hit me… now they have a way to trace me…. oh, heck!
I told many here about the site, but I don’t recommend going to it.

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Or is that Raaaaaaaaaacissssssst?

csdeven on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Only the “chimpy” part. :-)

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 7, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Details please about manlyrash.

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:11 P

He felt bad that he was wrong. He wasn’t wrong. He gave us hope and kept me from a lot of stress. If it wasn’t for the good people on here. I would have gone coo coo. So many of us really thought McCain would win. Giving others hope is not a bad thing. Can’t wait to see him back. Being a member on Hot Air gives me pride and to meet people of high intelligence. So many posts have given me a great learning tool. And I am grateful.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Oh, and taxes are low….

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Not for long.

Did I mention everyone here has at least one gun and we have emergency plans ;) People here are very angry.

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:29 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:27 PM

You got that right, kiddo!

kingsjester on November 7, 2008 at 12:29 PM

Anybody here from Chicago? Wasn’t Emanuel the guy who fought to get Jack Ryan’s divorce records unsealed which resulted in Ryan dropping out of the race against Obama for the US Senate seat. Ryan had good press, great experience and probably would have won the race. If that would have happened, most of us would be quite a bit happier today.

sherry on November 7, 2008 at 12:30 PM

mariloubaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I used to think of living in Canada, before it went left. It’s gorgeous country and I loved the people. But that was 30+ years ago. If Canada returns to it’s former conservatism, and USA goes to USSA, I’d move there in a heartbeat.

petefrt on November 7, 2008 at 12:30 PM

He felt bad that he was wrong.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:27 PM

I thought he lost a bet with another reader. I read his last post Tue night. I thought you had news that Manly was convinced to come back. Maybe AP needs to create a bring back ManlyRash thread so our dear friend can lead The Resistance.

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Meet the new boss, same as a whole worse than the old boss.

bloggless on November 7, 2008 at 12:30 PM

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

I lived in Ventura in my early twenties. Then Santa Barbara, and now a town north of Santa Maria. Ga. is very beautiful too. I will check out homes on there after work today.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Details please about manlyrash.

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:11 PM

I believe he made a bet, with the conditions that he leave (at least for a spell) if McCain lost.

Vashta.Nerada on November 7, 2008 at 12:31 PM

When do they begin construction on the Washington-Chicago pipeline?

bloggless on November 7, 2008 at 12:32 PM

mariloubaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Can not move there, my brother.

I love my country too much.

I am a Southern Christian Gentleman.

Drywall lives there.

kingsjester on November 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Or is that Raaaaaaaaaacissssssst?

csdeven on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

I think we need to break with the ‘chimpy’ past.

Hopey McChange has been doing the rounds and is a good start, but perhaps we can do better.

Let’s wait a week until we have three or four more scandals to work with.

EnglishMike on November 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Stay away form Atlanta… hit areas around LaGrange and Columbus… Mid west GA…Savannah is fabulous, but very liberal.
Good luck and let me know if you need any help…(with the possible sale of your home too)

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM

We have the hope that truth prevails.

Untruth is never sustainable. It is doomed the moment it’s born.

Truth always topples untruth.

You have to grasp this and cling to it, deep inside.

jeff_from_mpls on November 7, 2008 at 12:34 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Hey! Davy Crockett famously said, “You can all go to Hell, I’m going to Texas!”

Real estate here is nice, and relatively cheap. We just moved into a nice house outside of Houston for about a few hundred thousand dollars less than we could have ever afforded if we were looking for the same anywhere in CA.

Hurry!

newton on November 7, 2008 at 12:34 PM

We have the hope that truth prevails.

Untruth is never sustainable. It is doomed the moment it’s born.

Truth always topples untruth.

You have to grasp this and cling to it, deep inside.

jeff_from_mpls on November 7, 2008 at 12:34 PM

I wish this were true…

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Maybe we can demand that Rahm Emanuel perform 100 1,000 hours of Universal Service, i.e., involuntary volunteer work, to make amends for his time spent with Freddie Mac and for the campaign contributions he received.

Buy Danish on November 7, 2008 at 12:37 PM

Please, tell me if there is any chance of prosecution of anyone related to Obama? I guess I’m cynical enough to believe that most things will be brushed under the rug.

AnotherOpinion on November 7, 2008 at 12:37 PM

She’s going to flip when I get off my ass and run for congress.

Texas74 on November 7, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Awesome! I’ll get all my Texan relatives to vote for you 8)

Or is that Raaaaaaaaaacissssssst?

csdeven on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

He won. He’s fair game now. >:)

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:30 PM

Magoo is right – Manly made a bet with someone, if McCain won the other person would leave, if Obama won Manly would leave. And like a truly honorable person he kept his part of the bargain.

He still reads, so he sees the “we miss you”s and “come back”s, but per his agreement he doesn’t post… but rest assured, you haven’t seen the last of him. ;)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:38 PM

Can not move there, my brother.

Drywall lives there.

kingsjester on November 7, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Now THAT’S funny!

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:38 PM

This is what they mean when they talk about being in opposition have its advantages.

The righteous anger – it feels so gooooooooooood…

EnglishMike on November 7, 2008 at 12:39 PM

When do they begin construction on the Washington-Chicago pipeline sewer?

bloggless on November 7, 2008 at 12:32 PM

FIFY

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 7, 2008 at 12:39 PM

sorry, ‘having’

EnglishMike on November 7, 2008 at 12:39 PM

There seems to be a very large number of politically connected people, both major parties, who sit on boards, getting paid off large sums of money for doing at best nothing productive, and only being there as a mafia style pay off. I would love to see some righteous DA prosecute them all under RICO.

MB4 on November 7, 2008 at 12:39 PM

OT:

Rush: “I’ve been looking at [Obama's] change.gov website. There’s a lot of things that’re going to make them [the leftists] happy. Like the ‘voluntary’ community service they have planned for every. single. one of us.

WHISKEY
TANGO
FOXTROT
???????

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Beth -

Keep your chin up, kiddo.

Everything will come out in time.

God is in control.

kingsjester on November 7, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Someone left a note last night. He is going to rest for a few, but said he would be back. Sorry, got distracted from a phone call. Forgot to say this.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:40 PM

mariloubaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:22 PM

Good point. Obuma has already called Chrissy Matthews for damage control.”I will do everything as a JOURNALIST to make this president succeed”.

LatinRed on November 7, 2008 at 12:41 PM

I wish this were true… [that truth always prevails]

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Western Civilization was an extraordinary event, it arose against the odds, it sustains itself against all odds.

The Chicago mob can’t take it away.

jeff_from_mpls on November 7, 2008 at 12:42 PM

kingsjester

on November 7, 2008 at 12:40 PM

Thanks for keeping me grounded.

beththebaker on November 7, 2008 at 12:43 PM

To help derail some of the off-topic-ness, anyone with further questions on ManlyRash, here’s the email you can contact for further info: angelodomini@aol.com

‘ere ya goes. :)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:43 PM

Oh, goody, Grue.

Do we all get black berets and t-shirts?

?Referrin back to earlier posts /sarc

kingsjester on November 7, 2008 at 12:43 PM

WHISKEY
TANGO
FOXTROT
???????

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:40 PM

My hubby had his own plane. He formed a company called The Flying Doctors. Would take them to Mexico. And drugs (legal). Those are terms that pilots use. I use to laugh at him. Thanks for putting a huge smile on my face.

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:43 PM

We have the hope that truth prevails.

Untruth is never sustainable. It is doomed the moment it’s born.

Truth always topples untruth.

You have to grasp this and cling to it, deep inside.

jeff_from_mpls on November 7, 2008 at 12:34 PM

You are so right Jeff. It may take a long time though.

EnglishMike on November 7, 2008 at 12:43 PM

petefrt on November 7, 2008 at 12:30 PM

The problem with a really hard swing to the left is that it is almost impossible to undo it. I just hope Obama isn’t able to make so many structural changes that you all find yourselves in the same position in 4 or 8 years.

ProfessorMiao on November 7, 2008 at 12:44 PM

sheebe on November 7, 2008 at 12:43 PM

One of my best friends and former roommates is currently in the Army as intelligence, stationed somewhere in Korea. He’s the one who got me hooked on those terminologies.

Glad to help :)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:46 PM

Obuma has already called Chrissy Matthews for damage control.
LatinRed on November 7, 2008 at 12:41 PM

He doesn’t have to call Chrissy. He just needs to look down…

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:48 PM

… … DUDE.

*retches*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Glad to help :)

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on November 7, 2008 at 12:46 PM

That one crosses all military lines. Common in the Navy as well.

As well as
Charlie Foxtrot.

for Cluster and you can figure out the F part.

Very common.

Marine_Bio on November 7, 2008 at 12:49 PM

“winks”

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Mr_Magoo on November 7, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Brother,

We did not need that image EVER…especially at lunch.

kingsjester on November 7, 2008 at 12:50 PM

I heard Rezko is going be appointed as chief of staff of Us department of Housing and Urban Development

Palinpuma on November 7, 2008 at 12:52 PM