Video: Violence erupts between Bush aide, reporter

posted at 7:20 pm on November 6, 2008 by Allahpundit

After eight years, the tension finally boils over. I went with MSNBC’s clip because of the silent slo-mo, but if you want to hear the audio — and you do — try the Tribune.

Sad to say, I think the little guy started it. Turns out the Bushies are as vicious as the media claimed.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

What a weiner! Beta males should stick with cats.

Doppleganker on November 6, 2008 at 8:50 PM

I’m going to really treasure having President and Mrs. Bush in the White House for the next 75 days. Enjoy having a patriot in the White House while you can. The huns are at the gate folks.

Republican on November 6, 2008 at 8:54 PM

As has been mentioned above, anyone who knows anything about dogs (especially terriers, and especially Scotties), you don’t approach a dog that way unless you’ve known them for a long time and have seen them frequently.

That reporter broke every rule in the book. Even Barbara Woodhouse would have been forced to smack him (the reporter, not the dog) on the nose with a rolled up newspaper to straighten him out. Her book, after all was “No Bad Dogs”. She never said anything about reporters.

HTL on November 6, 2008 at 9:00 PM

Too bad that wasn’t Schuster in the video.

ignatzk on November 6, 2008 at 9:06 PM

This will be the first dog that the ASPCA and PETA will demand to be put down.

spmat on November 6, 2008 at 9:07 PM

If they think this bite was unprovoked, wait till the Obama administration sends out their attack dogs when anyone (whether its the media or a private citizen), crosses their path. God help us.

Sky U Mah on November 6, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Barney can spot a bad rug a mile away and he don’t like ‘em.

TheSitRep on November 6, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Is Bush going rogue on us?

mylegsareswollen on November 6, 2008
I don’t know about Bush going rogue..Now Barney on the other hand has definitely gone ROGUE!! LOL!!

Good boy Barney!! I think that’s how a great many of us feel about the liberal lame-stream media.

Tsan91 on November 6, 2008 at 9:25 PM

I like Barney :) Can I send him a few well earned treats? :)

Noelie on November 6, 2008 at 9:29 PM

4shoes: ManlyRash sent upinak a e-mail,explaining that he
was taking a little time off from H/A,and feels
badly about letting down the crew of Hot/Air!

I say,the war has begun,ManlyRash,after a few
days of Liberty,the U.S.S. Hot Air awaits you!:):)

canopfor on November 6, 2008 at 8:36 PM

Thank you for the response! That’s too bad that he feels he let us down in some way. Personally I needed someone like him here, still do, I’ve been feeling like a bitter clinger lately, and absolutely want to puke when I hear everyone around me go on about The 0ne. Manly gave us a bit of our own hope… hey maybe 0bama’s onto something there! (kidding!)
I do hope he decides to come back.

4shoes on November 6, 2008 at 9:29 PM

This reporter is teh Ghey……………. in every sense of the word, and after eight years of President Bush taking their crap………………….. watching this was enjoyable.

You are going to miss President Bush, people…………… trust me on this.

Seven Percent Solution on November 6, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Beta males should stick with cats.

Doppleganker on November 6, 2008 at 8:50 PM

Or at the very minimum, refuse to go on camera to talk about their “war wounds” in a segment about 3 minutes too long.

Looking forward to this year’s Barney Christmas special!

highhopes on November 6, 2008 at 9:33 PM

Barney is a good judge of character.

Good boy! You deserve a good snack!

newton on November 6, 2008 at 9:34 PM

Good dog! I hope steak is on the menu for Barney tonight.

Laura on November 6, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Barney for President! Instead of apologizing, the Bushes should let Barney (and Mrs. Beazley if she’s so inclined) loose on the rest of the press.

I love me my Barney, never see enough of that cute little dog!

-Aslan’s Girl

Aslans Girl on November 6, 2008 at 9:44 PM

Scott Pelley only got roughed up.

drjohn on November 6, 2008 at 9:49 PM

You never approach a dog with your hand outstretched above their head, or you can get bit.

Hening on November 6, 2008 at 9:51 PM

I have watched this over and over and over. Good dog!

:-D

TeeDee on November 6, 2008 at 10:07 PM

(in my favorite dog voice) He’s a good boy! Who wants a treat, does Barney want a treat? Yes, he does. Ooh, bit a reporter. 2 treats for the good boy!

rmel80 on November 6, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Dogs truly are a mans best friend!…GOOD DOG!!

christene on November 6, 2008 at 10:12 PM

Barney looked at the ghoul
and figured he was such a fool
‘Go ahead and reach’
‘I’ve got something to teach’
Barney was euthanized by Chief Justice Cool

Limerick on November 6, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Hopefully Barney hasn’t has his rabies shot yet….

/s, I’m glad the reporter wasn’t seriously maimed by the 8 inch terrier.

Hog Wild on November 6, 2008 at 10:21 PM

Give that dog a big Milk Bone! Good doggy!!

sheebe on November 6, 2008 at 10:22 PM

Dumbass metrosexual. Learn how to approach a strange dog.

PC14 on November 6, 2008 at 10:25 PM

Sorry AP – but as a dog trainer I simply must come to Barney’s defense. The reporter started it – the slo-mo tells the tale. Dogs do NOT like to be approached from above and behind. That is how most kids end up getting bitten. Barney reacted instinctively to an unknown situation in typical canine fashion.

Note to all – don’t walk up to a strange dog and try to pat it on the head without letting the dog sniff you first. It’s canine courtesy.

LL

Lady Logician on November 6, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Good Barney! You bite those nasty reporters!

nobleclem on November 6, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Made me laugh. Apparently that breed is a good judge of character. I’m getting 4 tomorrow.

watson007 on November 6, 2008 at 10:29 PM

I wish Barney would have ripped out his f@*king throat. Barney knows a traitor when he smells one.

Sean on November 6, 2008 at 10:34 PM

To bad Barney didn’t give any lessons to Scott McClellan on how to handle the press….

phreshone on November 6, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Barney knows that this person is bad. That is very evident. Dogs are smart and they know the enemy and he probably just had had enough.

mariloubaker on November 6, 2008 at 10:44 PM

After 8 years only to find out that President Bush should have let Barney be Barney…perhaps we still have a country today.

Steinbeck on November 6, 2008 at 10:51 PM

Lady Logician on November 6, 2008 at 10:27 PM

Lady L,

I am positive you are right in your advice. You never should approach an unfamiliar dog the way that idiot did.

Here’s the “but” to that statement. My rescued beagle/cocker mix is an absolute whore for attention. She was four years old when I got her so I don’t know what experiences are imprinted on her character. Regardless, she never reacts badly to strangers- especially kids which (in her eyes) are crumb factories.

highhopes on November 6, 2008 at 10:58 PM

What a flippin pussy.

roux on November 6, 2008 at 11:10 PM

I thought you were talkin about barney Frank then I realized he doesn’t bite he blows!

dhunter on November 6, 2008 at 11:14 PM

Barney (Frank) get that reporter out of your mouth now! Disgusting!

dhunter on November 6, 2008 at 11:15 PM

i watched the audio version a bunch of times. lmao I grew up in a dog grooming shop, and I never reach for a dog like that, period, especially since he already looked grumpy. libs can’t see what’s in front of them. I think the reporter actually got off on it, feeling important for a moment, tended by the presidential surgeon. Wacked!

anti-boomer on November 6, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Wait until Barney gets a hold of Bambi!

AZDREAMER on November 6, 2008 at 11:26 PM

What a good dog and wimp of a man! The good news about the tetnis shot is that it will hurt more and longer than the bite.

Can’t believe they showed the “incident” twelve times in less than three minutes. Slow news day indeed!

DR Good on November 6, 2008 at 11:36 PM

My dog gets a treat for that kind of behavior!

Good dog! good boy! Next time skip the hand, go for the privates.

Lonetown on November 7, 2008 at 5:28 AM

Next time try petting him with your d*ck, Mr. Reporter.

Coronagold on November 7, 2008 at 7:22 AM

Good dog. I hope he leaves a little nugget under the bed for Obama to clean up when he moves in.

Joeyyy on November 7, 2008 at 7:23 AM

Good boy Barney! have a cookie!!

Viper1 on November 7, 2008 at 7:36 AM

LL

Lady Logician on November 6, 2008 at 10:27 PM

My 5 and 4 year olds know that. And they always ask the owner first.

4shoes on November 7, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Azza wazza wazza. Good boy. Gooooooooood Doggy.

chrispimental on November 7, 2008 at 8:17 AM

Shuster: “…maybe Barney’s a little upset about an new dog moving into the White House…”

Yeah, Michelle Obama…ROFLMAO….

Jarhead68 on November 7, 2008 at 8:44 AM

Bite him, Barney, bite him

Falz on November 7, 2008 at 9:00 AM

That was the best headline and video clip I’ve ever seen.

Ha!!!

BowHuntingTexas on November 7, 2008 at 9:20 AM

What I do not get it why did the reporter not sniff Barney’s butt first, that is the appropriate way to greet a strange dog no? I myself do not sniff dog butts but seeing it a reporter and how close they have been to Obama’s arse one would think it is something journalists do not have an aversion for.

Gonna miss the Bush family including their pets who were not mantel pieces to be displayed for the public unlike the new pet in chief yet to be determined by the new occupants of the WH.

PiggieSez on November 7, 2008 at 9:27 AM

The idiot had the papers and cellphone and pen in his left had and threatened the dog with it …

also, this may be Barnet the dog’s first bite in D.C., but I’m sure it’s not Barney Frank’s first nibble…

max1 on November 7, 2008 at 9:39 AM

“Diplomacy is the art of saying ‘Nice doggie’ until you can find a rock.”
— Will Rogers

Or maybe that should be changed to “Nice Reporter.”

karl9000 on November 7, 2008 at 10:07 AM

I think the dog does not like liberals.

pukara61 on November 7, 2008 at 10:09 AM

It’s a terrier. The reporter went palm down to touch the top of the head. Dog thought it was being dominated and reacted.

Now some people think the Obama story that was linked has some scary undertones, as there could be a lot of anti-breeding pressure being pushed long term. “Wayne Pacelle, president of The Humane Society of the United States, reminds the Obama family today that they previously have spoken of making that puppy a rescue puppy.” Which means he’s pushing an agenda.

The concern is that people would feel that researched controlled litters are no good, and it’s better if their dog accidentally mates with the neighbors’ and the pups are turned in to the local shelter.

pt on November 7, 2008 at 10:10 AM

Jon Decker, please relinquish your man card.

Angry Dumbo on November 7, 2008 at 12:00 PM

They said there would be violent riots after the election, and they were right.

pedestrian on November 6, 2008 at 7:29 PM

Only if THE ONE wasn’t elected!

Palin/Barney 2012!!

(At least Barney will be tougher on the dems than Bush was)

Liberty or Death on November 7, 2008 at 3:31 PM

4 MORE DOG YEARS!

Alternate headline: Standing up for his owner, First dog bites akle-biting political reporter.

clghitis on November 7, 2008 at 6:03 PM