Video: Hope, change, fist bumps on “The View”

posted at 9:11 pm on November 5, 2008 by Allahpundit

Surely you didn’t think we would make it through this election without me subjecting you to a clip from the greatest show on earth.

Hasselbeck’s a model of graciousness in defeat — so much so, given her recent stumping for the ‘Cuda, that it almost sounds like she’s fallen under the spell of Hopenchange. Let’s hope not; once she flips, all we have left is Jon Voight and the guy who played the terrorist in “An American Carol.” Exit question: What’s gotten into Elisabeth? The spirit of conciliation? Paranoia about her public image after last week’s SNL skit? Or is she simply mindful of how The One’s lackeys deal with criticism of their man and deciding not to gamble with ABC’s broadcast license? Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Yes we can… go the rest of our lives without ever watching a single second of that tripe.

tuffy on November 5, 2008 at 11:37 PM

Never watched the show, never will. Idiots all.

mr1216 on November 5, 2008 at 11:38 PM

profitsbeard on November 5, 2008 at 11:44 PM

Conversation with my wife, as I was home sick today:

Me (in raspy laryngitis voice): Well, I screwed up. I forgot to tape Oprah for you while you were at work.
Her: What?
ME: Oprah. I forgot.
Her: Why would I care?
ME: Well, obviously my attempt at humor missed the mark. I thought it’d be somewhat funny on the day after her boy was elected to hint that you’d want to watch the Oprah show. Sarcasm! Guess I shoulda gone with “the View”, huh?
Her: Nah, I already heard that Elizabeth was classy.
Me: Well, that’s to be expected. You always congratulate the winners.
Her: No, none of the heifers around that desk would’ve congratulated Sarah Palin.

She’s right. By this time, we were in double digits on the number of celebs who charged that Rove stole the election, weren’t we?

How those people can get votes is beyond me….

rjwest21 on November 5, 2008 at 11:44 PM

I think they call it Stockholm syndrome. Naturally, the only Swedish-looking one on the show has it.

keep the change on November 6, 2008 at 12:06 AM

OMG, as I said on many blogs last night. In 2.5 years only 20% of Obama supporters will admit to it.

YOU stupid girl. stupid.

allrsn on November 6, 2008 at 12:10 AM

Elisabeth just lost all credibility with me. I understand giving a gracious “Congratulations”, but giving in to the “Behar” idiocy is ridiculous. Don’t lose your spine now Elisabeth – you just got job security for four more years!

2jazzie lane on November 6, 2008 at 12:11 AM

As for Elisabeth, she is awesome in my view. She is just being gracious and showing the world that we conservatives do actually show a semblance of class after our world has been shattered. Think if the election would have gone the other way. Elisabeth would have been lynched live on The View today.

carbon_footprint on November 5, 2008 at 9:46 PM

NO…she went too far! Way too far! What the heck was she thinking??? She could have easily said “I’m glad this country showed that the race issue is over” or “I just hope Barack was lying through his teeth with all those left wing socialist promises” something, anything except that this is a good thing!!!

jjjen on November 6, 2008 at 12:17 AM

I am not watching that crap.

Glynn on November 6, 2008 at 1:12 AM

We conservatives are always the ones to make nice. I can’t stand The View or any other asinine tripe they churn out to pacify women. In fact, we haven’t watched TV in years. Blecccchh…my stomach hurts.

RightTurnOnly on November 6, 2008 at 3:10 AM

And now they want everyone to forget all that and make nice and “unite”?

Not in my lifetime, Alana. They way I see it, we have 8 years of being as bad as them, to Obama and Biden and anyone else.

Sorry, wise man, but NObama doesn’t get 2 terms.
He gets one term.
And you know he’s going to blow it.
When it became so obvious that most people voted for him solely because of his race, then it became equally obvious to me that we’ve given them their black president and now he’s on his own, which, if his background, inexperience and ineptitude are any indication, won’t lead him to do much of any good.
So we have 4 years to be as “bad” to them as they’ve been to us and President Bush and it will be a pleasure to stop this Marxist from destroying our great republic!
(Other than that criticism, I usually dig what you have to say.)

Jenfidel on November 6, 2008 at 5:23 AM

I am proud to say that I have never in my life watched one single minute of the View. And I have my doubts about the people who do.

Terrye on November 6, 2008 at 5:51 AM

Obama is a poisonous snake and should be handled as such. I believe many people are just trying to be gracious in defeat why others are just making excuses why they were defeated.

I hope fox news does not take a turn for the worst.

mindhacker on November 6, 2008 at 6:50 AM

I can think of a think of another thing or two to fist beside “bump” with this bunch of cows…(oops, did I say that out loud)

jbtripp on November 6, 2008 at 7:28 AM

I can think of another thing or two to fist beside “bump” with this bunch of cows…(oops, did I say that out loud)

fixed it.

jbtripp on November 6, 2008 at 7:29 AM

Joyless Joy Behar, whoopi, and Sherri are three of the most ugliest, disgusting, vile creatures i have ever seen on television. and then Sherri sits there and bawls here eyes out over the fact that Barack Obama won while months earlier stating casually that she has had more abortions than she would like to count. no tears for those innocent babies that were ripped, sliced and diced from her womb. i have never seen a more disgusting PIG on television in my whole entire life. barbara walters is a complete joke!

Nuge em on November 6, 2008 at 9:06 AM

Thier fists will be in the air when 0bama loses in 2012 to a “right wing extremist” Sarah Palin!!!

Princeps on November 6, 2008 at 9:28 AM

What would have happened if Obama had lost? Stakes, ropes, and burning tinder? Probably better for Elisabeth to eat crow and come back to fight another day.

Lawrence on November 6, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Screw being nice to any of these mindless liberal pricks, most of all everyone of these freaking whores!!

try again later on November 6, 2008 at 12:23 PM

No, thanks.

corona on November 6, 2008 at 1:01 PM

There’s nothing wrong with being gracious in defeat. Just as long as we all remain skeptical of “The Chosen One”.

silentMajority on November 6, 2008 at 2:35 PM

I’m sorry, but just because he’s our president doesn’t mean I’m going to renounce my beliefs, cuddle up close to the libs and embrace his brand of “change”.

The fact of the matter is that I will support my President Elect, Barack Obama by respecting him as a person, respecting his authority, and being civil. I’m not going to brand him a “terrorist”, as has been done to W. I’m not going to call for his impeachment because I don’t like his policies. I’m not going to badmouth him to foreigners that I do business with. I’m not going to build him up by saying great things about him, unless he does something of wonderful merit. He will be our President, and congratulations to him, but we’re in for a hard ride, and I’m not particularly interested in garnering anyone else’s approval, especially the approval of those that I do not agree with ideologically.

charlie36r on November 6, 2008 at 5:04 PM

charlie36r,

I must respectfully disagree with you.

I will not support The Commander in Thief. I hope he falls flat on his face and has to resign in embarrassment, and take Hairplugs with him.

I cannot support or respect someone who has gamed the system from all quarters — with ACORN stealing millions of votes (probably enough to put him over the top), accepting campaign contributions from foreign nationals by disabling website security, having crooked secretarys of state (think Ohio) in place to help him steal the vote.

I cannot support anyone who is destined to destroy this country, who believes the Constitution is an inconvenience we just have to “adjust.”

I will not stop in criticising him, I will not stop until I see a birth certificate from Hawaii, I will not stop until I see him in jail or in exile in his home country of Kenya, along with Ayers, Wright, Pfleger, and the long, long list of dangerous radicals he calls friends (including his wife).

We must work to eradicate this infection in our government. We need antibiotics like Sarah Palin, Bobby Jindal, Tim Pawlenty.

We need true conservatives espousing a conservative agenda. Then we can flush this excrement down the sewer.

connectthedots on November 6, 2008 at 9:06 PM

Oh, I forgot to add, in my foaming at the mouth…

who gives a rat’s ass about The View. I think of them as the talking hemmorhoids:

Wrinkly, swollen red tissue that is a great pain, and smells like, well… you know.

They should give out an ass donut to everyone that is forced to endure. Or a barf bag.

My television certainly wouldn’t survive playing that show. I’m certain a boot would be firmly lodged in the screen. Almost was a couple of nights ago watching the election coverage.

connectthedots on November 6, 2008 at 9:13 PM