NBC: Rahm Emanuel accepts position as Obama’s chief of staff

posted at 3:03 pm on November 5, 2008 by Allahpundit

Believe it — Mr. Cool and Captain F-Bomb, together at last. Yuval Levin reads the writing on the wall:

He is smart and tough. But he has been, in both positions [as Clinton staffer and House member], a vicious graceless partisan: narrow, hectic, unremittingly aggressive, vulgar, and impatient. Those who have worked for and with him come away impressed but not inspired, and generally not loyal.

The White House chief of staff is not a chief strategist or a chief advocate. He is a manager of people and of process. Above all else, he sets the tone internally, and shapes the president’s decision process and the feel of the upper tiers of the administration. Obama is especially in need of someone who will lead him to decisions, because he appears to be intensely averse to making difficult choices—which is the essence of what the president does. His inclination is to step back and conceptualize the choice out of existence, looking reasonable but doing nothing. To overcome this, he will need a chief of staff with a sense of the gravity of the choices the president faces, and one capable of moving the staff to decision, keeping big egos satisfied and calm, and resisting the pressure to be purely reactive to momentary distractions. None of this spells Rahm Emanuel.

Daschle was the touted alternative; instead, he went with a crony from Chicago. Word on the street is that we could be looking at Secretary of State John Kerry by the end of the week. Can you feel it?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

HEADLINE :

OBAMA ELECTION CAUSE MASS PANIC ON STOCK MARKETS AROUND THE WORLD AS CAPITALISM IS CRUSHED.

DOW DOWN 5% on PANIC selling…. I am looking forward to the bread lines I hear you can make lifelong friends during the wait for food…

unseen on November 5, 2008 at 3:58 PM

the entire MSM is Obama’s Press Secretary

jp on November 5, 2008 at 3:57 PM

I give it a 6 month honeymoon period and the MSM will turn on him like a snarling pack of wolves. They’ve already proven they have zero integrity.

GinaE on November 5, 2008 at 3:59 PM

HUD Secretary Bawney Fwank

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 5, 2008 at 3:09 PM

His likely actual pick, Valerie Jarrett, will be worse. Her company badly mismanaged the Grove Parc development in Chicago.

Corruption is going to be a hallmark, folks.

DrSteve on November 5, 2008 at 3:59 PM

It’s the Law of Attraction. Thug attracts Thug. Good times.

Buckeye Babe on November 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Dow down 500. This isn’t change I can believe in.

phronesis on November 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Gilda on November 5, 2008 at 3:55 PM

She’s probably with her own personal “Professor Henry Higgins” right now.

Brat on November 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM

so how anti-Israel will he go with a Jew as his right hand man? of course he’s a secular jew so anything is possible

jp on November 5, 2008 at 3:08 PM

In my little world, there is a huge overlap between the circles “secular Jews” and “anti-Israeli bigots”. In fact, I’d say that secular Jews are some of Israel’s most strident opponents. They seem to think that being Jews provides them with the cover that lets them be outrageous.

ProfessorMiao on November 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM

I have a feeling we Hot Air posters are going to have a shitload of fun this go around.

blatantblue on November 5, 2008 at 3:36 PM

Well at least until a squad from the newly established information dissemination strike force storms the servers at places like HA as part of the Fairness Doctrine Protection Act of 2009. Just as Pelosi claims more Democrats in Congress means more bipartisanship, our new masters think that less dissention on the airwaves means more agreement with the schemes of the incoming administration totalitarian regime.

highhopes on November 5, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Attila (Pillage Idiot) on November 5, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Next Guess – William Ayers in Charge of the New and Improved Expanded Department of the Patriot Act.

Seven Percent Solution on November 5, 2008 at 4:01 PM

American
Socialist
States
Having
Obama
Leading
Epic Fail

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 5, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Ayers to head the Department of Education.

AnotherOpinion on November 5, 2008 at 4:02 PM

You hit the nail on the head. He AVOIDS making decisions when ever possible.

GarandFan on November 5, 2008 at 3:11 PM

Pretty scary quality in a president, no? But consistent with his need for adoration above all.

ProfessorMiao on November 5, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Obama is going to spend the next four years in the shadow of the people he surrounds himself with. He is the puppet. But we’ve known that from the beginning.

csdeven on November 5, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Why do you think Emanuel was named so quickly? Guess whose hand has been up Obama’s butt these past months?

highhopes on November 5, 2008 at 4:03 PM

Dow down 500. This isn’t change I can believe in.

phronesis on November 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM

ROFLMAO…MSM spinning like crazy….Obama wins market tanks….Can we conservatives get onboard and use the gifts that God gives us. This should be headline news. Obama wins market tanks…

Yet no posts come on people let’s start the education of the americian people and explain just how much their white guilt is going to cost them….

unseen on November 5, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Now that Rahm Emanuel has been “thurst into the spotlight” will Illinois state officals start looking into his records? Does he have a license, tax liens, owe child support?

AmericanUnderground on November 5, 2008 at 4:04 PM

We suffer, but people like Rush will have nothing but a mass of stories to relate and up his ratings.
Obama and this admin will be a walking disaster, built for the “I told you so” to wallow in the obvious farce that will be taking place.
Buy stock in Rush, his show got a big boost from this election.

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 4:04 PM

Well, short honeymoon. So much for the post-partisan Obama. Is he really this naive? Could there not have been a better choice?

Vicious is a kind description.

eaglesdontflock on November 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Looks like Wall Street has voted on which way they think the country is going for the next 4 years: Down 503 points on closing!!! Do you think they are getting their money out while they can before the new tax plans go to work?

DL13 on November 5, 2008 at 4:05 PM

What’s up with Obama and radical Jews?

marklmail on November 5, 2008 at 3:30 PM

His taste seems to run with radicals of all kinds. Nothing inconsistent there.

ProfessorMiao on November 5, 2008 at 4:06 PM

First indication of what a phony POS he is. Post-partisan my ass. Hey dimbo Americans…ever get the feeling you’ve been had? Next time maybe you’ll actually look into a candidate before voting for them because “they speak well.”

AmericanUnderground on November 5, 2008 at 3:15 PM

HA HA, I said the SAME words to my wife this morning!….Ahhhh we may all be goin to hell in a handout basket but at least I`m in good company.

NY Conservative on November 5, 2008 at 4:06 PM

Rezko, after a pardon, to head Housing and Urban Development (HUD).

AnotherOpinion on November 5, 2008 at 4:07 PM

United Nations Emassador – LOUIS FARRAKHAN!

Seven Percent Solution on November 5, 2008 at 4:07 PM

I think that this choice might have had something to do with Obama’s Israeli problem. If you know what I mean. Doesn’t Emanuel have a family connection with Israel?

Terrye on November 5, 2008 at 4:07 PM

The good news, is this is the end to racism…the minute some liberal sprouts off with that, I am going to laugh my *ss off.
The white’s voted this African-American in, the bias was against the elderly and a woman.
The race card goes to the bottom of the deck…

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM

AmericanUnderground on November 5, 2008 at 4:04 PM

I did hear he has a pin-up poster of Frau Bluecher from Young Frankenstein on his wall.

kingsjester on November 5, 2008 at 4:08 PM

What makes you think Emmanuel is a secular jew? I know he attends an Orthodox shul.

danking70 on November 5, 2008 at 4:09 PM

So when does Bin Laden get his unconditional pardon in the name of peace and better relations?

thecountofincognito on November 5, 2008 at 4:10 PM

Well, perhaps because he thought an Orthodox Jew would not say, F@#$ you, Republicans?

kingsjester on November 5, 2008 at 4:11 PM

I can hardly wait to see where he has to put that idiot, low-life, Bill Richardson. You know he doesn’t trust him, dislikes him, and feels he is a fool. But he was “loyal” in turning his back on Hillary, so he has to stick the village idiot somewhere.

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Rahm Emanuel? He should be the portside H.R. “Bob” Haldeman.

Since Obama is going to be recycling old hands from former Dem administrations, why not go way back and give Attorney General to Ramsey Clark? He’s tanned, rested and ready!

Mr. D on November 5, 2008 at 4:13 PM

unseen on November 5, 2008 at 4:04 PM

If Obama is so keen on naming cabinet positions right away, he could do a world of good by naming non-marxists to important positions like Sec. of Treasury and Commerce ASAP. If he wants Larry Summers just offer him the job already. Get the DLC people in like Clinton (eventually) did. Otherwise we could be in for a world of hurt.

phronesis on November 5, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Ayers will be defense secretary, he knows all about explosives.
Obama Bin Lyin, what a leader!

dinkyjackson on November 5, 2008 at 4:14 PM

She’s probably with her own personal “Professor Henry Higgins” right now.
Brat on November 5, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Ha! Cue music: The rain in Spain falls mainly in the it’s all Whitey’s fault that I’m not pretty!

No? Not catchy enough? Try again: The rain in Spain falls mainly in the 4.5 million dollars a year is not nearly enough to maintain the lifestyle to which I’m entitled!

Eh. It’s too big a job. They’ll do better to just keep her quiet.

Gilda on November 5, 2008 at 4:14 PM

Uh, I won’t hold my breath. They’ll shield for him as long as possible because they agree with him 100%.

That was expected to happen. I’m surprised that the DOW lost only 500 points. Frankly I was expecting 1000-1500 points lost. But hey, tomorrow s another day.

The race card goes to the bottom of the deck…

I am not so sure. I saw this morning on Fox a former mayor of New York that was still talking about the racism in US. Go figure. He was comparing USA with apartheid South Afrika.

clemycali on November 5, 2008 at 4:15 PM

I heard something about State Departament or Homeland Security.
Its funny how Hillary Clinton doesen’t get anything from this. In fact after McCain she lost the most.

clemycali on November 5, 2008 at 4:17 PM

GinaE on November 5, 2008 at 3:59 PM

I give the bastard less of a honeymoon than that. He’s run on a series of promises that he can’t possibly keep and can’t possibly ignore for any length of time because they deal with virtually every aspect of American society. Some he even vowed would be accomplished within days of becoming president. It’s only a matter of weeks before Obama starts crossing people.

P.S. This is probably the first time I’ve started out calling a President-elect a bastard and that includes Clinton who is, in actual fact, a bastard. Nevertheless, the selection of a partisan like Emanuel and Lieberman’s forthcoming punishment for supporting McCain proves that there is no pretense that the Democrats are going to be anything but the bitter, evil, partisans they have always been. I see no point in being nice to the bastard and his minions since they clearly have no intention of working with Republicans.

highhopes on November 5, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Oh, I just remembered. Isn’t Obama going to start a Department of Peace?

carbon_footprint on November 5, 2008 at 4:18 PM

President Present

carbon_footprint on November 5, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Hannity just said that the One may be considering Robert Kennedy as the head of of the EPA.

illustr8r on November 5, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Oh, I just remembered. Isn’t Obama going to start a Department of Peace?

carbon_footprint on November 5, 2008 at 4:18 PM

Paging Cindy Sheehan.

Brat on November 5, 2008 at 4:24 PM

Eh. It’s too big a job. They’ll do better to just keep her quiet.

Gilda on November 5, 2008 at 4:14 PM

In that case, they are stocking up on duct tape.

Brat on November 5, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Moderates or bust.

Analysts said the market is also growing anxious about whom Obama selects as the next Treasury Secretary, as well as whom he picks for other Cabinet positions.

phronesis on November 5, 2008 at 4:28 PM

If anyone thinks that the election of Barak Obama to President Elect is going to quell the “America is a Racist County” business……….. you have another thing coming.

By the time they are done, the “Race Business” will be as well funded as the Pentagon……… any critisim of Barak will soon be “racist” and cause for investigation, records search, and possible arrest.

Don’t believe me?

………………. ask “Joe the Plumber”. That was just the tip of the coal mine…………

Seven Percent Solution on November 5, 2008 at 4:28 PM

It’ll be like the Gangs of New York.

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:31 PM

The Gangs of New York were more ethical.

kingsjester on November 5, 2008 at 4:32 PM

I’m in cash, soooo, I hope all of the Obama voters took it up the *ss today when the dow lost 450+ today. Suck it.

marklmail on November 5, 2008 at 4:32 PM

GinaE on November 5, 2008 at 3:59 PM

I think they’ll be the band playing on while the ship slips under the water.

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:34 PM

It’ll be like the Gangs of New York. Chicago.

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:31 PM

FIFY

rockmom on November 5, 2008 at 4:34 PM

In the message boards on a Seattle TV station there are a number of people cheering that they will be getting: reparations!

And a number of people who “feel” for them and think it’s about time.
WHAT?!?!

illustr8r on November 5, 2008 at 4:35 PM

The Gangs of New York were more ethical.

kingsjester on November 5, 2008 at 4:32 PM

True. Very true. Good catch.

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:35 PM

I’m really trying to picture Obama’s people studying previous transitions and White House staffs, assessing which were successful and why, and coming up with….Rahm Emanuel.

rockmom on November 5, 2008 at 4:37 PM

Well, there is some real reaching across the aisle, bi-partisanship, new tone change I can believe in.
Nice one!

c17wife on November 5, 2008 at 4:37 PM

And a number of people who “feel” for them and think it’s about time.
WHAT?!?!

illustr8r on November 5, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Well The One-elect did say the Constitution was flawed, so a quick rewriter or add-on shouldn’t be a problem. Or just cut a check – what evah. It’s all good. Signed by the Minister of Reparations.

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:38 PM

rockmom on November 5, 2008 at 4:37 PM

All part of the template.

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:39 PM

President Present

carbon_footprint on November 5, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Perfect!

I for one, have no intention of giving the bastard a single break. After eight years of Democrats being nasty bitter partisans it’s payback time.

highhopes on November 5, 2008 at 4:41 PM

Hi guys, I should probably have introduced myself before jumping in. I’ve been living and breathing Hot Air since Labour Day, following the election coverage, but was only able to register the other day. You all have been a real ray of hope (and great-natured humour)amidst all the left-leaning MSM. I don’t think I could have got through the glowing adoration of “The One” without Hot Air to inject some sanity into it all.

I’m Canadian (oops???), and a staunch post-9/11 conservative. Although I admit to having been a liberal in the past, I have to say that it was thoughtlessness and failure to reflect very deeply, as well as a (very unadmirable) tendency to go with the flow of the era I grew up in (1960s). 9/11 brought everything into focus for me, and I now follow US politics very closely because I genuinely believe that we – the west – MUST win the war on terror, and that if the US doesn’t lead on that, we don’t have a hope in h*ll.

ProfessorMiao on November 5, 2008 at 4:41 PM

And a number of people who “feel” for them and think it’s about time.
WHAT?!?!

illustr8r on November 5, 2008 at 4:35 PM

No problem, that money will be back on the streets in 48 hours…car sales will boom, drug dealers happy, hookers dancing in the street, clothing stores.
A good way to jump start our economy…give it to someone who will just spend it and not save it.

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 4:42 PM

And in other news:

Russia will deploy missiles near NATO member Poland in response to U.S. missile defense plans, President Dmitry Medvedev said Wednesday in his first state of the nation speech.

Anyone for a little game of “mark my words”?

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:43 PM

GinaE on November 5, 2008 at 3:59 PM

highhopes on November 5, 2008 at 4:18 PM

The other thing to keep in mind is that without some sort of conflict between the MSM and the administration, there is no news. Reporting bubbles, butterflies, and rainbows isn’t going to cut it. When the Kool Aid wears off and Obama’s adoring fans figure out that they will still have to make their house payments (with less money) and they aren’t guaranteed an SUV in every driveway, it’s going to get ugly. I can’t wait for the cries of “WE WERE DUPED!!!!!!!”

GinaE on November 5, 2008 at 4:43 PM

ProfessorMiao on November 5, 2008 at 4:41 PM

We love those “born again conservatives”, you know how the left thinks, and some of us get confused by their lack of thought.
Welcome aboard…

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 4:44 PM

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Don’t forget beer, cigarettes, and lottery tickets.

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:44 PM

486 wasn’t too bad I was thinking 600-700
Whew

thomasaur on November 5, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Hannity just said…John Kerry is advocating to be Secretary of State.
Lord help us.

illustr8r on November 5, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Chuck,
If watching my 401k’s steady fall and now knowing im losing my tax break as well as being taxed even more so
someone can get A: Big bonus for running companies into the ground or :B someone will get more money for not working
THEN BY GOD! im silly

atwitsend on November 5, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Anyone for a little game of “mark my words”?

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Biden had the security reports when he made his foolish, selfish, indulgent, statement.
He was willing to give out state secrets, to make himself look good.

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 4:45 PM

ProfessorMiao on November 5, 2008 at 4:41 PM

Welcome aboard!

Wait until the Third Jihad knocks on the O’s front door.

Kevin in Washington State on November 5, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Don’t forget beer, cigarettes, and lottery tickets.

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:44 PM

All of the excesses, money back into the economy in 48 hours. Much more efficient then paying off rich politicians.
They have to do a little laundering, hiding, and they have enough to do a little saving, so it take awhile for their money to filter into the economy.

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 4:47 PM

GinaE on November 5, 2008 at 4:43 PM

Well, for a while they will have Bush’s wars and Bush’s failed economic policies to whine about. If worse comes to worse, they can make stuff up. They’ve a had a LOT of practice.

But I see where you’re going with this and I really like your “bubbles, butterflies, and rainbows” phrase. Say – what WILL the MSM do when we reach Utopia?

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Rahm. Change you can believe in. This man is so power hungry he will dangle Obama all over the White House. Expect John Kerry, Madeline Alldull and others as part of this “change!”

wepeople on November 5, 2008 at 4:54 PM

Kerry is actively campaigning for this position.

So Ed, Obama’s administration choices going to give you the Big Answer to your pragmatic question. Will he or won’t he? Good luck with that.

Are you still thinking, Allah, that Obama’s going to be reasonable?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

I’m going to love watching Condi, Powell, Christropher Buckley, Peggy Noonan, David Brooks, et al explaining in the next two years why The Obama Revolution is good for the USA. I’m definitely going to be entertained.

Allah, you should go back and get the transcript from Rush’s show today. I think he was talking to you. Or at least saying what I can’t say as concise and as eloquently as he can.

What I have to say is that conservatives need to stop believing in this Big Tent, Bi-Partisanship we keep getting feed. Prop 8 coming through in CA is a big example of why. We don’t need to pretend who we are and be told by people who, at their very inner-core, fundamentally disagree with us playing a pivotal role in the direction the Party goes in. We’ve played that game far too long and we’ve lost our principal values notch by notch. An example is having Ron Paul in our primary and it was a joke. When the Party spends most of its time beating each other up and tearing the Party down in the process, then it’s time to disengage. Being the Big Tent means we have 20 different ideas about what it means to be a GOPer and not one concise direction.

If you try to be all things to every person, you end up being nothing to everyone.

Conservatives need to take control of the Party or find a place to call home. Republicans did it with the Whigs. We can do it to the Republicans. Remember, like Dear Leader says, nothing lasts forever and everything must change.

Sultry Beauty on November 5, 2008 at 4:54 PM

He was willing to give out state secrets, to make himself look good.

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Probably uses them as pick-up lines at the Washington black tie dinners.

Mr_Magoo on November 5, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Hi guys, I should probably have introduced myself …
ProfessorMiao on November 5, 2008 at 4:41 PM

*slurrrrrp*

RushBaby on November 5, 2008 at 4:55 PM

It’s all so surreal.

I feel like I’ve just woke up to a nuclear winter. I’m in a total daze.

Is this really happening?

And what happens when the “wealthy’s” pocketbook runs dry after they’ve paid for everyone elses kids to go to preschool, college, pay their mortgages and gas bills? Who is gonna sustain the lifestyle of those who refuse to work for it?

It honestly breaks my heart that my children will be strapped with providing for other people’s children to go to college, preschool, pay other people mortgages and gas bills.

Well, we just have to take it all back.

Let’s look to the future, minimize our losses and allow the American public a frame of reference. Trust me, the Democrats will implode. 2010 is ours to lose.

Republigal on November 5, 2008 at 4:57 PM

Rahm Emanuel and John Podesta? Is this a gun control dream team or what?

shirgall on November 5, 2008 at 4:58 PM

oops, didn’t mean to be redundant there…

Republigal on November 5, 2008 at 4:58 PM

O.
M.
F.
G.

RedNewEnglander on November 5, 2008 at 5:11 PM

Looks like BHO is adding another Chicago thug to his entourage. Change we need…you betcha!!

Ozark_sky on November 5, 2008 at 5:14 PM

RedNewEnglander’
That is one way to get him out of the senate. SOS is temporary but a democrat senator from Mass. is forever

thomasaur on November 5, 2008 at 5:14 PM

the entire MSM is Obama’s Press Secretary

jp on November 5, 2008 at 3:57 PM

touche’

pseudonominus on November 5, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Rahm has a reputation as an “in your face’ confrontationist.PLEASE GET IN MY FACE! I have something for him.

obdurate on November 5, 2008 at 5:19 PM

He was willing to give out state secrets, to make himself look good.

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 4:45 PM

I knew the guy was a jackass, but I really was surprised that he would stoop that low to puff himself up. If you can’t trust the VP-elect with state secrets…

Thanks for the welcome right2bright, and others, too.

ProfessorMiao on November 5, 2008 at 5:26 PM

Wait until the Third Jihad knocks on the O’s front door.

Kevin in Washington State on November 5, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Will he recognize who’s there when he opens the door, or will he just not bother to answer it. I have absolutely zippo confidence that he can recognize evil when he sees it, let alone that he would have a clue what to do when it’s staring him right in the face.

ProfessorMiao on November 5, 2008 at 5:29 PM

*slurrrrrp*

RushBaby on November 5, 2008 at 4:55 PM

Purrrrrrrrrrrr

ProfessorMiao on November 5, 2008 at 5:32 PM

Unseen,
seems to me that its been going down anyway!
down over 400 today….but not any of mine!
who says we need to keep our money in…oh yeh its Wallstreet,you know the ones we just gave 800 billion dollars to! against our will I might add

atwitsend on November 5, 2008 at 5:33 PM

unseen on November 5, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Luckily I don’t need bread lines. I live in the stix-got critters to eat-have saved aside a food storage surplus- & I know what plants to eat in the wild. If my ammo runs out, I’ll make a bow & arrow. Probably better do that now. Ammo is going to be real hard to get.
We are no more screwed, though, than we were before. We’ll just get some real loser appointments to the courts. Then crap will hit the fan.
I’m ready.
*loading weapon*

Badger40 on November 5, 2008 at 5:33 PM

Rahm Emanuel is a jerk. He was picked for only one reason: to get him out of the way for Jesse Jackson Jr. to make a run at his Senate seat.

Think about it. Jr. explicitly threw his dad under the bus TWICE this campaign season on behalf of Obama. Obama owes him a solid…it’s just the Chicago Way.

gippergal1984 on November 5, 2008 at 5:37 PM

gippergal1984 on November 5, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Good point, but Obama does need a point man that is a pitbull. Obama won’t tarnish his image, he will use someone else to do the dirty work.

right2bright on November 5, 2008 at 5:52 PM

AAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!

Yes, I feel it – it’s called “nausea”.

uncivilized on November 5, 2008 at 5:53 PM

Rahm Emanuel, ah yes.

Let the healing begin.

hillbillyjim on November 5, 2008 at 6:08 PM

hillbillyjim on November 5, 2008 at 6:08 PM

Exactly. This just proves to me that Obama embodies all the characteristics that the electorate grew to hate about President Bush. Looks like the Obama Administration will have NO line between policy and politics.

gippergal1984 on November 5, 2008 at 6:47 PM

The Clinton Years, Part Duh!

madmonkphotog on November 5, 2008 at 6:53 PM

Obama makes his 1st big mistake. Emanuels Dad is an Israeli or was ( Not sure if he is alive).. Rahm Emanuel will be viewed as an Israeli by the 1.2 Billion Muslims and the 300 Million Arabs. How does Obama expect to negotiate peace?

Dennis D on November 5, 2008 at 7:50 PM

So I suppose Rahm’s close association wit Father Pfleger is a resume bonus in this case. When will Rahm ever have time to finish his Pfleger documentary?

ornery_independent on November 5, 2008 at 8:16 PM

Well, well, well.. These guys sound like partisan politicians.. Politicians who Actually go out to get something DONE.. even if it is to Destroy the country one judge, one cabinet position and one Unidentified Voter at a time. I Dare say, You have to give it to them.. they have managed to literally Take Over this country in all respects of Governement and get GWBush to remark on “How Awesome” it was! Not to mention Senator McCain who wouldn’t ALLOW His Campaigners and Supporters to utter a “Boo” without Reprimand last nite. Yes, thats Republicans.. getting shat on again…and why not?? They seem to just revel in it. Senator McCain will no doubt retain His Maverick Title and Reputation with the Media.. who will now fawn all over him as He joins Barry O and the Left to give this country away in its entirety via Mass Illegal Immigration Reform. Yep.. I’d say they did a Jolly good job on us.. and the sad thing is .. We Let Them!

BeardedLady on November 5, 2008 at 8:20 PM