Voter fraud in Minneapolis?; Update: Video added

posted at 10:40 am on November 4, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Our local Fox affiliate in the Twin Cities gave a last-minute update on ACORN and its efforts to register voters, over and over again.  The latest scandal appears to be ACORN’s registration of convicted felonsfrom prison:

Tomorrow may set a record for voter turnout in Minnesota, but the Fox 9 Investigators discovered one group registered to vote, who shouldn’t be voting at all. They’re convicted felons, and in some cases they’re registering to vote from prison. How is that possible? Reporter Tom Lyden searched hundreds of thousands of data records to find the answers.

Fox 9 does not provide an embed code for their video, so you’ll have to click over to their page to view the report.  Mostly it’s a rehash of ACORN allegations from around the country, but we can now count Minnesota as yet another state in which an investigation will get launched into ACORN’s practices. The mention of prison registrations comes in Part II of the interview, so be sure to see both links.

If ACORN goes to prisons to register voters, that’s about as explicit an act of registration fraud one can show in court.

Update: Here’s the video from part II:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

OK then, what is that evidence?

Tom_Shipley on November 4, 2008 at 11:16 AM

We have danced this dance before…I post a rebuttal, you say prove it, I prove it and you say…nothing, and stop posting on the thread.
Then you go another thread, make another false or accusatory statement, you get backed down…then you move to another thread.
I am telling others, not you, you don’t listen and when proven wrong never admit it, so I am telling others…you are full of sh*t, and I don’t care to respond to you.
My response to your posts are for others to balance against your lies. I could care less about instructing you and informing you, you are nothing more then a foolish troll.
Like I said, when you are shown proof, you do nothing but post more lies and innuendos.

right2bright on November 4, 2008 at 1:54 PM

On a different note, I’m going to try to vote today in Texas (in my precinct) without my voter registration card OR my picture ID and see what happens…

pullingmyhairout on November 4, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Let us know…

right2bright on November 4, 2008 at 1:56 PM

Here’s the link to this video on YouTube if you want to embed it in here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fkDVm141FE

TheMightyQuinn on November 4, 2008 at 2:23 PM

Did ACORN & Co. go into the prisons, or were these all (like the man featured) registered in absentia? (Along with Mary Poppins and Jive Turkey.)

Tzetzes on November 4, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Sorry, Cap’n Ed, but there won’t be any such investigation; Obama, or his surrogates, will see to that. Just as Clinton fired every US Attorney upon taking office, so will The One decree an end to these “divisive” investigations.

That’s my prediction, and I’m stickin’ to it.

Paul_in_NJ on November 4, 2008 at 10:08 PM