How’s everyone feeling this morning?

posted at 9:15 am on November 4, 2008 by Allahpundit

The game plan: First drink at 10 a.m., followed by seven hours of sousing and meditation on the mystic teachings of Dan Rather, at which point it’ll be time for the exit polls and then events will begin in earnest. To belabor a point I made on Sunday, the four-state cluster of Indiana, Virginia, Ohio, and North Carolina that comes in between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. will tell us what we need to know. If Maverick takes all four, he’s got a real shot; if he takes three, he’s alive but nearing the brink; any worse than that and the reaper cometh.

Nothing to do now until late afternoon except worry. What’s your agenda for the day? To focus your mind, I offer you two clips. You’ll be seeing one of them again later.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5

Wyznowski on November 4, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Frakkin scary to this Texan. How do the citizens of Oregon know that 300 cases of ballots aren’t filled out by Larry, Moe, and Curly Joe at the warehouse on 32d street?

Limerick on November 4, 2008 at 11:30 AM

It might only take a few short, if brutally painful years, for a couple of million voters to suddenly have their eyes opened to the Royal Scam that is our LeftMedia.

Jaibones on November 4, 2008 at 11:19 AM

One of my co-workers who I’m pretty sure voted for Obama, told me today that if Obama doesn’t do what he has promised “his ass will be voted out by the very same people who voted him in!”

Brat on November 4, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Brat on November 4, 2008 at 11:31 AM

To which, I hope, you asked “And what has he promised he would do?”

Limerick on November 4, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Fire all your employees that vote for Hussein.

SaintOlaf on November 4, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Fire all your employees that vote for Hussein.

SaintOlaf on November 4, 2008 at 11:33 AM

How Christian and American of you.

Limerick on November 4, 2008 at 11:34 AM

For mental incompetence of course.

SaintOlaf on November 4, 2008 at 11:34 AM

Texas has its own Constitution and is the only state in the US that legally can secede. It is a Republic.

No, we lost that right when we joined the Confederacy.

carbon_footprint on November 4, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Well, if Obama wins and Dems control Congress, then Texas probably could go ahead and illegally secede, confident that the weenies in charge of the federal government won’t have the guts to stop us. Then, once Texas is a foreign country, we can assume that they’ll kiss our a$$es to make sure we like them and don’t stop selling them our exorbitantly overpriced oil. They’ll send us strongly worded letters to us via the UN when we start drilling within 3 ft of their coastline, but they won’t do anything to us.

Doesn’t sound like too bad a deal to me. ;-)

aero on November 4, 2008 at 11:35 AM

I voted, so now I get to drink. No Moxie in the house, but Jim Beam is good straight.

fluffy on November 4, 2008 at 11:36 AM

The game plan: First drink at 10 a.m

OMG Allah! Do you want a liver when you get older?

Well I voted, it is now 7:36 AM here in Alaska. I am sure Allah is on the road… to wherever.

Hawaii is coming up for voting soon.

Good Luck to all and I hope the Best shall win.

And no I didn’t vote Obama.

upinak on November 4, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Fire all your employees that vote for Hussein.

SaintOlaf on November 4, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Didn’t have to, the economy is bad enough that they all went home. :)

N4646W on November 4, 2008 at 11:37 AM

To which, I hope, you asked “And what has he promised he would do?”

Limerick on November 4, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Sorry, no I didn’t want to engage the conversation any further here at work. But I thought I might invite her out to lunch later this week, maybe even tomorrow, to discuss it though I don’t believe that will be even necessary unless she wants to discuss P-E McCain and VP-E Palin.

Brat on November 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Limerick on November 4, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Believe it or not, the state does a pretty thorough job of voter registration validation. County election boards verify names and addresses as being valid and legitimate through an audit process. There have been very few cases of legitmate fraud. The fraud they have encountered has been so minimal that it couldn’t statistically affect the election. The whole country ought to do it…

Wyznowski on November 4, 2008 at 11:38 AM

I voted early; mail ballot a couple of weeks ago because I really hate lines. That doesn’t disqualify me from opening a bottle of Jim Beam does it?

bopbottle on November 4, 2008 at 11:39 AM

upinak on November 4, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Good morning. What’s the mood up there today?

Brat on November 4, 2008 at 11:39 AM

That doesn’t disqualify me from opening a bottle of Jim Beam does it?

Wait! Don’t start without me!

Wyznowski on November 4, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Did you notice Michelle and the girls this morning when the Obamas went to vote? Why were they so casually dressed? Michelle didn’t even do her hair or makeup and was in jeans and sweatshirt. She looked depressed and like she didn’t want to be there in front of all the people. There was tension. I know it.

surfer girl on November 4, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Good morning. What’s the mood up there today?

Brat on November 4, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Strung out and witchy. I almost got into a fight with a gentleman who almost smacked me with his truck even though I was in the right away. Going to be a BAD day up here. Besides it is freaking COLD!

But we have reasons, due to CNN, FOX and PMSNBC doing all kinds of interviews for National TV. A friend of mine is going to be interviewed for CNN, and she is a hard core republican.

Alaskans aren’t use to the publicity… and we wish it would go away. But I doubt it will.

upinak on November 4, 2008 at 11:42 AM

No, we lost that right when we joined the Confederacy.

carbon_footprint on November 4, 2008 at 11:02 AM

Doesn’t sound like too bad a deal to me. ;-)

aero on November 4, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Not a Texan here, but some of you Texans have mentioned here that the state has the right to split into several states if it wishes. That would be good because we’d get 8 or so new Republican Senators.

JiangxiDad on November 4, 2008 at 11:48 AM

The polls in my relatively conservative Massachusetts ex-urb was on the busy side. The big question here is to repeal the state income tax. We’ll see.

*sips*

fluffy on November 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Yeah, it’s one of those crazy (yet awesome) Texas myths. I think we still have the right/ability to split into 5 different states, but I”m not sure.

Kai on November 4, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Nope. We lost that when we rejoined the Union in 1866. By leaving he Union, we lost all rights for that 5-state agreement that was a condition when Texas originally joined the Union.
Sam Houston knew that as well, and he strongly opposed joining the Confederacy, for which he almost got put under house arrest, but escaped the noose.
The thousands of Germans down in New Braunfels, just north of San Antonio, were socialist immigrants from the Revolution of 1848 (as was Karl Marx), were vehemently anti-slavery Unionists and were also strong allies of Sam Houston. In fact, Karl Marx’s broher-in-law moved to New Braunfels in the 1850′s and started a commune down there!

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 11:52 AM

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 11:52 AM

TJ did you get that box I sent you?

upinak on November 4, 2008 at 11:56 AM

JiangxiDad on November 4, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Well, six at least — the state of Austin would probably give you Dem senators. But the rest would be reliably red until amnesty is granted. Then you might lose the state that was the Rio Grande Valley, too.

aero on November 4, 2008 at 11:56 AM

Fire all your employees that vote for Hussein.

SaintOlaf on November 4, 2008 at 11:33 AM

…and if someone did that because their employees voted for McCain, you’d scream and yell. You’re a hypocrite, and a fascist.

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2008 at 11:57 AM

When I dropped off my ballot the other day, I took 2 “I voted” stickers… just in case a vote in my name appears someplace else.

n0doz on November 4, 2008 at 11:58 AM

upinak on November 4, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Yeah, I think whatever happens today, your (our) Sarah will be on the national scene for a long time to come.

aero on November 4, 2008 at 11:59 AM

I feel fine.
I still think it will be Mccain/Palin but if notthen I will figure out a way to survive 4 years of Obama/Biden. I survived the late 70′s and Jimmy Carter.
Rather Obamam wins or loses there will be riots in the streets but for my independant and conservitive friends remember to keep it classy and look forward to 2010 and 2012

Kidd on November 4, 2008 at 11:59 AM

aero on November 4, 2008 at 11:59 AM

Probably. But at least we don’t have “Austin” up here. Sorry to weird for me.

upinak on November 4, 2008 at 12:00 PM

*sips*

fluffy on November 4, 2008 at 11:49 AM

We had some fun ballot questions, no?

- Phase out the state income tax?
- Decriminalize personal-use quantities of pot?
- Ban dog racing?

It will be interesting to see how those turnout. Unfortunately, I seem to always be in the minority on every single ballot question in this state….

ClintACK on November 4, 2008 at 12:00 PM

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2008 at 11:57 AM

I see no problem with that.. an employer doesn’t need to have employees who are disloyal and hateful to their employer. Waving an Obama sticker in front of the person who is paying your wages and whom Obama will tax into bankruprtcy is just tempting fate. Fire the bastards.
That is the free market at work.
Here in Texas, a strong right-to-work state, you can be fired for wearing the wrong color socks. And there’s not a single damn thing you can do about it..

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 12:03 PM

ClintACK on November 4, 2008 at 12:00 PM

We live in a crazy state. The income tax repeal is the least likely of the three to pass. The ballot initiative practically contains a bribe, and people won’t take it.

fluffy on November 4, 2008 at 12:08 PM

That is the free market at work.

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 12:03 PM

That is true workplace discrimination. It’s terrifying that some “conservatives” are actually in favor of such an action. Do you value freedom of thought or not?

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Palindromes was an awesome film.

gannak on November 4, 2008 at 12:08 PM

surfer girl on November 4, 2008 at 11:40 AM

Come on — she always looks angry. I’m sure she’s no prize even at the happiest of occasions.

Republican on November 4, 2008 at 12:09 PM

My first-time voter daughter and I were among the first ten voters at our polling place and were more than happy to cast our votes for McCain/Palin. We are guardedly optimistic. I may let her have some wine this evening as we peek at the results as they come in.

Ssharon on November 4, 2008 at 12:10 PM

I read the article Manly and it backs up what I have been seeing for the past 3 months. Thanks for giving it to us! When I get nervous I will go back, and read it.

The only way we can be defeated is if we do not vote. Think about the number of voter fraud stories you have heard about in the past month, and the numbers to which ACORN or others are pumping into the system! Those are not the actions of a group of people that believe they can win, or win honestly.

I believe we will win, and we will win decisively. I am feeling nervous, but optimistic. Americans will prevail, and as was said at the Battle of the Bulge to the Germans, “Go to Hell!” We are heirs to what those from WWII gave us. By God if those men did not give up, then I am not either. Those in Iraq and Afghanistan are our WWII generation in repeat. THEY SURE AS HELL DID NOT GIVE UP! And by God I am not either. No real American EVER GIVES UP! Now go out in mass and vote for McCain/Palin, the WINNERS!

freeus on November 4, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Thought you guys might like to know that a friend of mine in Florida called me yesterday and it turns out she was one of the remaining undecideds. I convinced her to vote for McCain and she was going to try and make sure her husband did as well! Two more for the good guys! :)

Warmongerer on November 4, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Even though it is a Right-to-work state, I strongly oppose firing someone for alternate beliefs as long as they do not contribute to a hostile work environment.

You’re essentially firing someone for thinking differently. As long as they aren’t subversive, I welcome differing opinions.

Kai on November 4, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Voted at 8:30 this morning in Ohio!!! Feeling great!!!

MobileVideoEngineer on November 4, 2008 at 12:17 PM

I just voted in a small town SC. I’ve been voting in that precinct for 20 years and I have never seen such a turnout. When I arrived at 10:30 the line was all the way out to the street. A worker informed us there were actually two lines and that was the back of the A-K line. The L-Z line (my line) was farther up. The L-Z line stretched well down the hallway and was about like a normal turnout when there is only one line.

This is a heavily Republican area. If that is any indication of Republican turnout, then I like our chances.

I think Obama has really motivated the electorate. The problem for him is a lot of those people are saying “Hell no!” to having him for president.

backwoods conservative on November 4, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Voted at 8:30 here in Overland Park, KS with my wife. No lines at all. God Bless America!

journeyscarab on November 4, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Going to victory center to make phone calls

Bullhead on November 4, 2008 at 12:21 PM

I’m a little pissed that is ok to make Bush out to be such and evil purpose around the world.

He has done more than any president to further the cause of peace.

McCain is included. Bush is a great man.

tomas on November 4, 2008 at 12:21 PM

JiangxiDad on November 4, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Not anymore. I wish, though.

I tried to vote this morning in my precinct in Texas. I got there before the polls opened, but had to leave to get to work before I could vote. I’ll have to go back this afternoon.

I feel disenfranchised because in reality, my vote for president doesn’t really matter. I really think the electoral college system should be rethought.

I’m still voting for McCain, though.

pullingmyhairout on November 4, 2008 at 12:24 PM

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2008 at 12:08 PM

I disagree.
I value freedom of thought AND property. And that’s why I favor right-to-work. And if the employer wants to discriminate (not racially or sexually or religiously) due to compatibility of publically stated world-views and respect for the company, then he has the right to.
I’m not saying that I would fire employees if they told me that they were voting for Obama. In fact I would find that distasteful and wrong. But I also believe that employers should have a wide latitude on their businesses.
In general, I find that the most whiny and unproductive employees tend to be libs, but that certainly is not a law, by any means. And I have shitcanned a LOT of people in and around the oil patch. I never “discriminated” due to publically stated political beliefs. But I bet that statistically, most of these piss=poor employees wanted something for nothing- a true cornerstone of Obama-ism.
That does not apply to public employment, of course, although thought discrimination is practiced there on a MASSIVE scale. And taxcpeyers, liberal and conservative are subsidizing that little scandal..

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I really hate to say it, but I am completely depressed right now with rampant feelings of pessimism. I fear this isn’t going to go well. I also fear that we are losing the culture wars and may never get back to what made this country great.

Co-worker told me this morning that we have to make history! I asked her what, specifically, she liked about Obama beyond the rhetorical/chromsominal…she couldn’t answer that beyond I just don’t like McCain. Scary that these youngsters are the future.

Who’s it gonna be in 2012?

Huckabye-Romney on November 4, 2008 at 12:25 PM

We took a vote today in my classroom. McCain won. The kids are only 4, but still – McCain won. 8 to 4. it was cute. We made a “voting booth” and they “cast their ballots.” Then, we graphed the results.

If only the real deal were so easy…

pullingmyhairout on November 4, 2008 at 12:25 PM

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Then you fire them based on their work performance. There are lazy conservatives, and hardworking liberals. The beliefs they hold should have no bearing on their ability to work any more than their religion, skin color, etc, unless you can provide hard evidence that their political position will affect their ability to do their job. Let’s take your statement here and edit it:

In general, I find that the most whiny and unproductive employees tend to be fill-in-the-blank

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Now look at the potential here. Imagine race or sex or religion or sexual preference was put in there. It would be unacceptable. Political views should have the exact same treatment.

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2008 at 12:32 PM

Polls opened here (SC) at 7am. School was closed, so didn’t have to take the kids in. Hit the door at 6:30am and arrived at my polling place (a little bitty church) with a long, long line already in place. Congenial crowd. Took approximately 3 hours to get through. 8 voting machines, one worker. Machines were sitting vacant more than being used to actually vote. One unit went down while I was in line.

I listened to Limbaugh and Levin on my iPod while standing in line. Had fun looking at the crowd trying to “profile” voters. Not very easy to do…but my guess was that this was a pretty red bunch. Though I must say there were plenty of very pleased looking African-Americans, and I say they SHOULD BE. Regardless of who wins tonight, their cultural history book added a new chapter today.

Overall, it was a smooth if not overly efficient process. I took a long drive down an autumn hued back road on my way to the office…thinking regardless how tonight turns out, I love my country and am at peace knowing I had done my duty.

I’ll stop at the liquor store on my way home this evening…and after helping the kids with their homework, I’ll pour myself a single malt scotch, light a cigar, and settle into my old arm chair for what will undoubtedly be a very long night.

Go John McCain!

jbtripp on November 4, 2008 at 12:34 PM

Tonight it will be either the Chivas, or the cheap Canadian Hunter. Depends on if it’s the humpbot or the bunny. Would start now, but the mail does have to get to the right address…

bikermailman on November 4, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Limerick-
Here in WA there are two counties that still have some voting in person, but otherwise it’s entirely by mail. This is why, four years ago, Dino Rossi (the Republican), lost by 126 votes after 3 recounts and ballots being ‘found’ that were permitted to be counted. Dino didn’t challenge (which I think he should have), and we’ve had 4 years of a miserable wench named Christine Gregoire as a result.

I always go to the polling place, and when I do, it seems as if there’s a fair amount of people who go, too. They’re trying to move to all mail in ballots, which is terrible, for the reason you mention. Plus, I LIKE going; it’s a wonderful ritual.

linlithgow on November 4, 2008 at 12:37 PM

bikermailman on November 4, 2008 at 12:36 PM

HEY, how did you like Alaska other then it was cold and rainy. I never heard back from you!

upinak on November 4, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Kai on November 4, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Voting for Osama is the epitome of subversiveness.

SaintOlaf on November 4, 2008 at 12:47 PM

I left a comment here the other day. It was just amazing. You guys are truly blessed. Got to fly around McKinley at the end of the trip, when the clouds finally broke, great glacier cruise, Wrangel-St Elias, bears, eagles, and moose, Oh My! Thanks again for ideas…

bikermailman on November 4, 2008 at 12:47 PM

bikermailman on November 4, 2008 at 12:47 PM

You are TOTALLY Welcome!

I am glad you enjoyed my little island off the coast of Canada. Sorry we never hooked up to meet… that would be interesting and could have sent a picture to Ed. Also I know the weather was pretty crappy… believe me when I say is … I wish we had a summer.

But at least you had a good time! Good Times is always a bonus. : )

upinak on November 4, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Our 2 household ballots left Shanghai via Fedex last Friday. They were received at the elections office at about 8:35 PST this morning. 2 for McCain from China!

DarkCurrent on November 4, 2008 at 12:52 PM

linlithgow on November 4, 2008 at 12:37 PM

And the 3rd and only recount that put Gregoire ahead was the only hand count. No fraud there I’m sure…

As above, my wife and I sent 2 absentee ballots for McCain/Palin and Rossi.

Of the other 3 registered WA voters in the office here, 2 didn’t vote at all, but 1 of the 2 claims he would have been split Obama/Rossi if he had. The other non-voter is only a US citizen for a few months, but apparently not serious enough about being a citizen to vote. The 1 other guy who did vote was Obama/Rossi.

DarkCurrent on November 4, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Mood moving from worried to guardedly optimistic…

Hubby and I voted- 310,311. Short line to get a spot to fill in the ballot at our polling place on the Eastside-across the lake from Seattle. Busy but not jam packed…poll workers expecting a crush around lunch time.

Straight GOP ticket…
Go McCain/Palin!
Go Dino Rossi!

illustr8r on November 4, 2008 at 1:07 PM

Voting for Osama is the epitome of subversiveness.

SaintOlaf on November 4, 2008 at 12:47 PM

I don’t know if you’ve heard, but exercising your right to vote for one of the two major party candidates is not subversiveness, Mr. Gay FEMA Camps.

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2008 at 1:14 PM

That article that ManlyRush posted is pretty wild…

D2Boston on November 4, 2008 at 1:17 PM

That article that ManlyRush posted is pretty wild…

D2Boston on November 4, 2008 at 1:17 PM

It’s also very true.

READ IT ALL THE WAY THROUGH……!!!!!

One thing that is very different about this election is the omnipresence of polls and how polls are the axis around all political analysis is conducted. This has never been the case in previous elections.

Don’t read polls…. DAMMIT!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mcguyver on November 4, 2008 at 1:33 PM

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2008 at 12:32 PM

Honestly MC, I think a private employer ought to be able to fire someone for any reason that they choose be it job performance, race, religion, sex, sock color, shoe size – any reason good or bad/politically correct or not.

I also reserve the right to not spend my money at any place where I deem the hiring/firing practices to be offensive. I’m all for placing societal pressure on people, but I’m against government pressure.

JadeNYU on November 4, 2008 at 1:48 PM

May I direct you to Coors?
eaglesdontflock on November 4, 2008 at 10:34 AM

Done. Oh, wait. West Virginia bans the sale of alcohol on Election Day. Damn Prohibition laws.

mountaineer for liberty on November 4, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Cast my vote for McCain/Palin and feel great!

GinaE on November 4, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Brat on November 4, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Love the mentality of some. BO can do some serious damage before his time it up. He won’t keep no promises. He has a different agenda. And not a good one either. Not attacking you Brat. Just your co worker.

sheebe on November 4, 2008 at 2:37 PM

Political views should have the exact same treatment.

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2008 at 12:32 PM

I think we have enough protected groups in this country.
Now let’s protect the productive Americans from Marxists like Obama et al, since they’re the ones having to pay for this sinking bitch.

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Well I voted Obama here in Hawaii and I’m drinking fresh squeezed orange juice from my tree. I plan to hang out on here and watch you guys twist in the wind.

Welcome to the New Era.

Uncle_Aina on November 4, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Kai on November 4, 2008 at 12:15 PM

How long do you think Republicans keep their jobs in a Buffett, Lewis or Soros enterprise once they come out of the closet.

You have no idea how ideologically rabid those people are.

eaglesdontflock on November 4, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Welcome to the New Era.

Uncle_Aina on November 4, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Dear Uncle,

Try to get blood out of a turnip. If things go the way Mr. Obama says, my money goes elsewhere. I WILL NOT pay more people to sit on their asses.

eaglesdontflock on November 4, 2008 at 2:47 PM

I forgot, Mr. Obama, you know the bit you said about “money not growing on trees” and “it has to come from somewhere” to pay for college for those kids who can’t afford it? Well, just you try. I worked my way through school..

eaglesdontflock on November 4, 2008 at 2:49 PM

I spent my morning researching local judges and school board members… so that kept me busy for awhile. When it came to the judges, I was lucky enough to find a thread on “The Daily Kook” and just went opposite of what they recommended. :D
I went half-caff on my coffee this morning too, ’cause frankly I’m jumpy enough as it is, thanks.

Now…I’ve been to the polls and then turned the news off.

The thing I’m holding onto today is that early in the primary season I was one of those folks who vowed “NEVER” on McCain. I was, of course, sincerely disappointed about McCain/Kennedy. In the ensuing months though… I’ve grown quite fond of him. I find that I genuinely like the guy these days.

So, what I’m thinking now is that the next four years are going to be a helluva trial for whichever candidate is elected. We’ve all seen how the job ages people anyway.
But it occurs to me, that “Bush Derangement Syndrome” seems to have set a whole new precedent on what kind of treatment our leaders can expect. And I hate the idea of John McCain being treated that way.

At the end of the day, if everything goes to pot… at least I’ll enjoy the idea of Barack Obama being in the hot seat instead, aging horribly, and dealing with a populace who despises him for all his many shortcomings.

It’s small comfort when we consider the REAL dangers our country currently faces and the idea that we’ll be woefully unprepared to deal with them, armed only with an Obama/Pelosi/Reid trifecta of liberal idiocy. But it’s the only silver lining I can find today.

Murf76 on November 4, 2008 at 2:49 PM

upinak on November 4, 2008 at 12:52 PM
Came back from North Dakota. Had a foot of snow on October 13 in Billings County.
Earliest on record, they told me…

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 2:52 PM

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2008 at 12:08 PM

I disagree.

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Gentlemen, you both have your point. I however have to side with Tex. The work place is not the proper forum for political preferences. It causes friction and it may jeopardize your relationship with a client. My employees were never allowed to put campaign stickers on any of the company vehicles, equipment, or their persons or personal vehicles while at work. If they were asked anything political by a client, they were politely told that it was company policy not to discuss these matters during our term of employment with said client. In most cases they would weed themselves out if they felt uncomfortable with the situation or fired because they were just plain inept to start with. To qualify this even further, we did discuss issues and candidates at company gatherings, but it didn’t carry over into the work place. The most interesting thing I encounter from these discussions was that the personnel were worried about how it would affect me as their employer. Would I still be able to provide them with employment,would we have to downsize, and if it were going to cost them more out of pocket. Maybe I was just lucky.

N4646W on November 4, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Greetings from the center of the universe…..the suburbs of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Hillary was here yesterday morning, cackling to a few hens over at the Obama office in Mount Lebanon, but at the same time McCain was just 10 miles away, soeaking to thousands at Pittsburgh Intern’l Airport in Moon Township, where I had the pleasure of meeting and speaking with DEMOCRATS wearing both HILLARY and MCCAIN buttons. PUMA is alive and functioning here! And the PUMAs were with McCain, not Hillary.

jay12 on November 4, 2008 at 2:59 PM

sheebe on November 4, 2008 at 2:37 PM

I know. I couldn’t pursue a debate/argument in our corporate culture but I think she and I will be having more in-depth discussions in the future.

Brat on November 4, 2008 at 3:00 PM

I think we have enough protected groups in this country.

TexasJew on November 4, 2008 at 2:41 PM

Except this is not a case of “one that is” and “one that isn’t”. It’s a protection of all workers, because pretty much all workers have an opinion either way.

MadisonConservative on November 4, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Humility will defeat hubris.

quakerfrat on November 4, 2008 at 3:55 PM