AOL Hot Seat Poll: Your prediction

posted at 12:25 pm on November 4, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Yesterday, Allahpundit and I gave you our predictions for the presidential race. Now it’s your turn. Today’s AOL Hot Seat Poll asks who you think will win:

Keep checking back during the day to see how the state-by-state numbers turn out.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

My biggest (selfish) concern: I just can’t handle serving in the military as this empty-suit soulless Amerikka-hater as my Commander-in-Chief. I swear I’m thinking about getting out because of it. And I’m not alone. At drill last month, EVERYONE agreed. Not one dissenting voice. Our instructors, even the senior officers, all voiced similar sentiments. The military is seriously concerned.

I hear ya…my husband retired from the Marine Corps during the last Clinton administration; the fact that Billy Jeff’s signature is at the bottom of his retirement certificate is the only reason it’s not hanging prominently in our living room. In fact, he and a bunch of his friend threatened to send them all back.

uncivilized on November 4, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Well, my state is the right color! (GO VA)

scalleywag on November 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Thanks for the welcome Manly and Jazz. I have to say, I’ve really enjoyed your posts since I’ve been reading HotAir, Manly. You can bring out hope in a stone, I think. :-) We are going to pull this off, and watch the Obamabots weep. Then offer them a hand up to work WITH us to help McCain bring this country back in line.

Highlar on November 4, 2008 at 1:59 PM

Prof Blather, I’m so glad my son is home from his second tour in Iraq and in three months will be discharged. At least if Obama gets in, my young man is OUT and doesn’t have to endure a CinC without a clue. And his papers will have our current president’s signature on them.

Mommynator on November 4, 2008 at 2:00 PM

jazz_piano on November 4, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Mixed-race church here too, black pastor (who really IS “the best the black church has to offer”, contrary to what Obama said about Jeremiah Wright) – I am certain he will NOT be voting for Obama, and I would guess a good share of minority voters in our church would be voting for McCain, also.

It won’t matter here (Washington), but there you have it.

capitalist piglet on November 4, 2008 at 2:06 PM

scalleywag on November 4, 2008 at 1:58 PM

Hell yeah! I just hope we can stay red in the real poll!

Achilles on November 4, 2008 at 2:11 PM

I’ll go with McCain at over 300 EV and Republicans holding or gaining seats in the House.

The astroturfed polls are about to be exposed. Obama the Marxist has unleashed conservatives willing to crawl on broken glass, PUMAs, Coal miners, Palin Moms, and a super-sized barrel of electoral WHUMPASS against him.

President-elect McCain and Vice-President-elect Sarah Palin will be gracious in victory, before they kick a$$ and take names in Washington, DC.

Right_of_Attila on November 4, 2008 at 2:24 PM

I have voted my conscience. If at the end of it all the guy I didn’t vote for is President, I’m be the loyal opposition. If the guy I voted for wins, I’ll be the loyal majority.

Win or lose, there is a role for us to play.

I voted at the green table. The other table (the orange table — the other precinct) had better election officials so their line went a lot faster. The election officials were “age segregated” — my table had young people, and the other table had old geezers.

I don’t know if that was intentional on the part of the supervisor, but they should have mixed them up — since my table’s people were the new ones, and they were winging it — learning what the geezers knew from the past.

Everything was pleasant and ordered, even if the orange guys did keep stealing green booths.

unclesmrgol on November 4, 2008 at 2:24 PM

I already predictions yesterday, but in order to show how much I believe in the “miracle” of a McCain victory here’s the link again:

McCain 293, Obama 245

McCain takes Florida, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin and Nevada.

Obama will hold on to Colorado and Virginia.

bryanmyrick on November 4, 2008 at 2:25 PM

There’s definitely hope for McCain in Michigan. I know of at least a couple of people who were solid Dems but just couldn’t vote for Obama because of his lack of experience and trustworthiness, so they voted McCain and then Dem down the ticket. I don’t think they’ll be alone in doing that.

Boudica on November 4, 2008 at 2:31 PM

Win or lose, there is a role for us to play.

I will certainly never support a socialist. I will always pray that God save this country, but I will never support socialism – be it fully fledged or not.

anti-boomer on November 4, 2008 at 2:32 PM

Agreed with all the other high morale McCain/Palin supporters here! I’m sure we are going to win it, because Obama has just made way to many enemies of way too many groups in just the LAST TWO WEEKS if not years. And he’s going to be called on it. You can’t pander to ALL groups, saying what you want want to whoever, and expect the American people to stand for it!

MCCAIN/PALIN 2008!!!

Highlar on November 4, 2008 at 2:46 PM

Read Sean Malstrom’s analysis. Then come back and apologize.

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Thanks a million, ManlyRash. I read the whole thing, now I’m late to work. But Damn, I’m glad I read that!!!! IT. IS. ON.

300 electoral votes for McCain/Palin! MSM meltdown. I love the smell of burnt media in the morning.

Proud Texan on November 4, 2008 at 2:46 PM

I like my mantra (Manly of Somerset)”No matter where you go, there you are.”

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 1:15 PM

LOl Wasn’t that Buckaroo Banzai?

Rosmerta on November 4, 2008 at 2:51 PM

McCain-Palin will win b/c of high GOP turnout and the PUMAs.

My polling place in eastern Los Angeles County was pretty busy, according to the election judges. This is my first time voting there in a Presidential general election so I have no frame of reference. I voted at an off-hour and waited about 10 minutes with about 30 people. Apparently, earlier in the morning there was a long wait which people endured in one of our very rare rain storms.

My Congressional District has a Republican, but my town is very blue (the district includes neighboring towns that are more moderate). No campaign workers for either side. Very mixed ages, races, genders. One O! sticker on one car, but otherwise no bumper stickers.

I doubt McCain will win CA but I think Proposition 8 will pass, so there will be one small victory.

Y-not on November 4, 2008 at 2:51 PM

Oh yes. Michelle’s sweet, sweet tears. I will savor them.

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Nah. I expect them to be rather…bitter.

Count to 10 on November 4, 2008 at 2:58 PM

Well my prediction…MCCAIN by a real squeaker.

(oh please God Oh PLEAAAAAAAAAAASE!) I can’t stand the thought of having to look at joe biden everyday.

Much less michelle obama….oh..the…humanity.

Handel on November 4, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Much less michelle obama….oh..the…humanity.

Handel on November 4, 2008 at 3:03 PM

Indeed! Would we have ever had an angrier First Lady???

RedNewEnglander on November 4, 2008 at 3:43 PM

51/46/3 MAC!

GO, Johnny, GO!

RedNewEnglander on November 4, 2008 at 3:44 PM

obama well over 300

tomas on November 4, 2008 at 3:49 PM

This isn’t good. VOTER fraud, not just registration?

Highlar on November 4, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Much less michelle obama….oh..the…humanity.

Handel on November 4, 2008 at 3:03 PM
Indeed! Would we have ever had an angrier First Lady???

RedNewEnglander on November 4, 2008 at 3:43 PM

What about Hitlery? During the Klinton regime, I recall seeing her sitting in the audience during a state of the union address, absolutely glaring at Billy Jeff. She was clearly very upset at him about something. Must have been during the Monica affair. Or maybe it was Paula Jones. Or Kathleen Willey. Or…….

UltimateBob on November 4, 2008 at 4:32 PM

I just voted, no waiting! There wasn’t a “present” button available so I voted Mc /P.

PaKeystoner on November 4, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Mac/Sarah 279

O/B 259

O narrowly wins popular vote, to make his supporters just as happy as they have been for the past 8 years.

profitsbeard on November 4, 2008 at 6:19 PM

49/48 McCain? It asked who do you think will, not who should, win tonight.

Tzetzes on November 4, 2008 at 9:07 PM