McCain: “We’re going to win this election”

posted at 3:05 pm on November 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

An obligatory pep talk for the 16-hour holding pattern we momentarily find ourselves in.

“We got a real good shot at catching the guy,” says Mark Salter.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I really don’t understand how ANYONE can be undecided at this point.

Unless you’re a moron and/or have no clue what you believe….

“undecided” voters are like those Iowa caucus people who want both candidates to kiss their butts… I think it makes them feel important to have everyone pandering to them.

We’ll see….

ladyjanegrey on November 3, 2008 at 3:46 PM

Help me with the math:

There are 220 million people of voting age in the US. 126 million of them voted in 2004

1 in 4 people in the US are Catholic

80% of the US population lives in the cities and suburbs

15% are Hispanic

12% are African-American

13% are between 18-24

Who has the nursing home gig?

eaglesdontflock on November 3, 2008 at 3:47 PM

I’ve watched a few of McCain and Palin’s rallies over the past few days and they’re both REALLY fired up. I get the feeling that they’re genuinely confident that we’re going to beat Obama.

I wonder how the mainstream media and the pollsters will explain themselves, especially if McCain pulls off a landslide. I get the sense that it really could happen. The majority of the American people are not comfortable with Obama’s clearly radical, anti-individual, anti-capitalist political views. However, the media and his campaign have successfully created an environment in which it is risky for a person to admit their opposition to his views in public. His supporters (whom I believe to be a very vocal minority) can be rather intimidating, following their dear leader’s commands to “get in their faces”. Fortunately, nobody can follow you into the poling booth.

I think a lot of people who aren’t vocally supporting McCain or repudiating Obama are going to keep silent and vote Republican this year. I also think they’ll be pleasantly surprised when the election results come in.

I don’t have much confidence that McCain and Palin can get over the hump in my state of Oregon, but I voted for him and I voted for Senator Gordon Smith and I have done my best to convince as many others to do the same. I recently moved from California and I’ve been trying to get all the Californians I know to vote against Obama as well. I have a sneaking suspicion that it’s in play if we can get enough turnout – that ballot proposition to eliminate same-sex marriages could do the trick. Personally, I don’t have a problem with gay marriage, but I’m rooting hard against it in this case!

Sign of the Dollar on November 3, 2008 at 3:48 PM

this coal stuff suddenly catches like wildfire in PA and OH and finally finishes off Nubius Maximus

That’s a very good name. Imagine a WWF bout:

Nubius Maximus vs Carbo.

JiangxiDad on November 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Just vote

rob verdi on November 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM

Classic. Can’t wait to pull the lever for Mack tomorrow.

redfoxbluestate on November 3, 2008 at 3:49 PM

VOTE…Then pray.

KCB on November 3, 2008 at 3:08 PM

You betcha. “Pray early, pray often” is my motto. Join me.

hoosiermama on November 3, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Michelle Obama is CLEARLY the bigger tight-ass. Cindy is a dam fine woman right there. Sorry to turn all your assumptions upside down, Roger Waters [is it really you, Roger?], but the SNL skit demonstrated that Cindy “gets it”. In a very good way.

LibertyBoyNYC on November 3, 2008 at 3:50 PM

Pray, vote, pray again.

johnnyU on November 3, 2008 at 3:16 PM

Or, if you support Obamov:

Vote, pray to Obama, vote again. Repeat until polls close.

Sign of the Dollar on November 3, 2008 at 3:52 PM

debi118 on November 3, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Don’t they have Metamucil in Heaven?

ronsfi on November 3, 2008 at 3:55 PM

debi118 on November 3, 2008 at 4:32 PM

AMEN!

joepub on November 3, 2008 at 3:56 PM

2 minute warning.

McCain kicks the WINNING field goal.

The crowd goes WILD.

God Bless America!

Conservaboomer on November 3, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Shouldn’t he have been back, say, 4 months ago?

Nethicus on November 3, 2008 at 3:57 PM

MAN, does this sound good. He sounds like he’s enjoying the fight as much as Gov. Palin does. Finally!

God save us all from Bill Ayers, and I’m not kidding. I saw what crap he and his ilk stirred up the first time – at close range. Having lived through the ’60s once as a young man, I sure don’t want to go through it again at this age. The arrogance of 0bama is IDENTICAL to the attitudes of the trust fund brats in “The Movement.”

God Bless America.

warbaby on November 3, 2008 at 3:57 PM

IBD/TIPP today shows McCain ahead in income level 50K and up. Obama in 50K and below. Hmmm.

Mr_Magoo on November 3, 2008 at 3:43 PM

Racist.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 3, 2008 at 3:57 PM

debi118 on November 3, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Alleluia

tunakermit on November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

lets go out there and win just one more for the gipper

joey24007 on November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

I’m voting and pulling for McCain, but regardless of what happens, conservatives need to stop giving money to the MSM in the form of viewership and subscription dollars! Make them pay for their bias – make the next 6 months worst than the last 6 months.

jagdpanther on November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

PS: McCain was a POW.

Roger Waters on November 3, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Yep. And did you know Obama is black and has the middle name Hussein and that he doesn’t look like the other Presidents on the dollar bills………………

Give it a rest, Roger.

BacaDog on November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

“My friends…”

RightWinged on November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

I’ve spent about an hour reviewing a dozen or more on line media web pages and it’s clear to me that they are attempting to suppress the McCain vote with their discouraging and suspect poll data and negative articles. This is sick!

rplat on November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

I honestly cannot believe it is even this close with the gobs of money The One has, with the media fawning on him and the financial crisis. What does that say about Obamabi?? – cblesz on November 3, 2008 at 3:11 PM

It says he’s gonna lose – and lose big.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 3:59 PM

PS: McCain was a POW.

Roger Waters on November 3, 2008 at 3:40 PM

And what have you ever done for your country, jackass.

rplat on November 3, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Hmm. What’s with the 4:32 comments? It’s only 3:55.

BacaDog on November 3, 2008 at 4:00 PM

I figure it this way. I am voting for Big Mac. If he gets in then great. If Nobama wins, at least the Euro people will love us. Why do I care? Well, I don’t, but it makes my life easier with foreign inlaws and many discussion group net acquaintances who are British, Euro, etc… It also makes traveling there more pleasant, assuming that your plane doesn’t get blown up after the Dems remove all the security measures and repeal every vestige of post 9/11 security and also put the Torricelli-Gorelick wall between the CIA and FBI back, and gut the military as per Barney Frank…. Oh crap, I feel anxious again.

GO BIG MAC!!!!!!!!!!!

worlok on November 3, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Here’s an idea for waiters and valet persons who are Obama supporters when it comes to redistributing their tips over to homeless people instead.

Kokonut on November 3, 2008 at 3:26 PM

I’ve seen that suggested on other sites and I love the idea.

I’ve never really been a fan of hand-outs, but we’ve got our fair share of bums here in Portland and if we didn’t vote by mail in Oregon I’d go downtown tomorrow and pay a bunch of them to hold up “Vote for Obama – I need the money more than you do!” signs near polling places.

Sign of the Dollar on November 3, 2008 at 4:00 PM

Ed is the one who is supposed to keep up our morale along with ManlyRash. – Achilles on November 3, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Yeah, but the eeyores aren’t making it easy for me.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:01 PM

Seems to be the case. We have enough of this on the Networks. I thought Michelle Malkin founded this site. Michelle is an advocate for HONEST NO-SPIN reporting, not “obligatory” reporting.

A man gives a passionate speech from the heart and it is called “obligatory”?

Well Obama just flipped-off McCain with an obligatory middle finger.

Geochelone on November 3, 2008 at 4:02 PM

rplat on November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

As the Press did in the 2000 election by calling Florida early for Gore, thus suppressing the GOP voters in the Panhandle, which was also in the midst of bad weather. That may have directly led to the close votes and recounts.

This time they do it with the polls.

I have to say though, that as nice as the conspiracy theory sounds, I don’t take Rasmussen and some of those guys like that, and they are on Kudlow’s show all the time.

worlok on November 3, 2008 at 4:03 PM

tocoloro on November 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM

If the Redskins win tonight, McCain is President, right? Smacks of racism by natives, or is that even possible? Perhaps Murtha can explain.

savvydude on November 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Always notice how Allah denigrates any potential good news with the “obligatory” label. “Obligatory” is code from Allah to say you are silly if you find this encouraging. He intentionally undermines good news because he doesn’t want to give us any. Sad. – Maxx on November 3, 2008 at 3:31 PM

It’s not his “job” to give us good news. Now please, Maxx, help the effort. Buck up and get out the vote. Cheer up the eeyores.

A man who thinks he is going to lose does not smile and act as comfortably as Mac is acting. He knows what I know…that he is going to win.

Help make it happen, Maxx.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

VOTE VOTE VOTE

Elevate ManlyRash to undeniable demigod status!

Gilda on November 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM

ManlyRash:

the sky is Falling on November 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Remember boys and girls…………… tomorrow, do not listen to the exit polls, do not listen to the pundits, do not listen the MSM, do not listen to anything other than you heart……………… Vote McCain/Palin 2008, then let the votes be counted.

Seven Percent Solution on November 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Zzzz.

Good Lt on November 3, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Pleasant dreams…………

Seven Percent Solution on November 3, 2008 at 4:07 PM

I’m just giving you folks some “straight talk”. HA HA HA – Roger Waters on November 3, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Aw, c’mon, Roger. As a dedicated Republican you should be doing your utmost to help McCain, not hinder him. You should be encouraging fellow Republicans, not sneering at them. I mean…you ARE A Republican, right? You ARE voting for McCain, yes?

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Zzzz.

Good Lt on November 3, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Pleasant dreams…………

Seven Percent Solution on November 3, 2008 at 4:07 PM

Am I the only one who noticed this. Look at the timestamps. How does that happen?

Marine_Bio on November 3, 2008 at 4:08 PM

And what have you ever done for your country, jackass.

rplat on November 3, 2008 at 4:00 PM

I made sure I was never captured.

No poor bastard ever won a war by dying for his country (or getting captured). You win a war by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country…George Patton

Roger Waters on November 3, 2008 at 4:09 PM

I sincerely believe these polls are putrid mathematical garbage and are effectively suppressing the McCain vote. – rplat on November 3, 2008 at 3:36 PM

They are a bunch of hooey, but we are stronger than that and they will not crush our spirit. Folks like you will see to it.

Make it happen and help us bring this shit HOME.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:09 PM

No one should give Obama any quarter if he manages to steal a win. Get ready for 4 years of “Stolen Election/Selected not Elected” you liberal jerks. Screw niceness.

Speedwagon82 on November 3, 2008 at 4:11 PM

Wow, this election was way to long. I am even starting to think Cynthia McCain is …uh…kinda hot. PS: McCain was a POW. – Roger Waters on November 3, 2008 at 3:40 PM

Uncalled for, Roger. Now buck up and show your support for McCain.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:11 PM

pseudonominus on November 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM

2 minute warning. McCain kicks the WINNING field goal. The crowd goes WILD. God Bless America! – Conservaboomer on November 3, 2008 at 3:56 PM

Short and sweet. You get a Manly Rash Seal of Approval.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:14 PM

I’m finally registered for the site after visiting for the past 2 years!

Thanks for having me.

Listen, this isn’t only going to be The Year Journalism Died (in the MSM at any rate) like Hannity says.

This is also going to go down as The Year The National Media Polls Were Forced To Soul Search.

McCain’s internal campaign polling – from numbers that were leaked in the past few days – show the national media polls are not only wrong, they are SPECTACULARLY wrong. They have him competitive in CA and MI, IA, CO, and actually LEADING in NJ and PA.

While the media has made a big deal of loudly scratching their heads over why McCain is ‘wasting’ a lot of his limited time and resources the final days in ‘true blue solid states’ like CO and PA, they are studiosly avoiding pointing out that – SO IS OBAMA.

If the Chosen One was SURE he had PA and CO locked up, he’d be spending more time in red states like IN and MO. Instead he’s being forced to play much more defense than would be expected. This tells me the Obama campaigns own internal polling is telling them something different from CBS, NBC, ABC, AP, Pew, etc.

Undecideds in every battleground state breaking 2 to 1 or more for McCain could not only give McCain OH, FL and VA, he could end up with ‘shocking’ upsets in NJ, MI and PA and elsewhere.

manofaiki on November 3, 2008 at 4:15 PM

Mr_Magoo on November 3, 2008 at 3:43 PM

That’s no surprise. All the greedy parasites want to soak the rich and they don’t care about the consequences of redistributive policies. Most of the “rich” will be able to live with higher taxes, but let’s see how much the working classes like it when they lose their jobs and have to rely on government welfare checks.

The “redistributive” policies of Obama/Pelosi/Reid are going to be designed to make as many people as possible dependant on the government. They do not want to elevate the middle class to the next level and they sure as hell don’t want to make the poor middle class. They are going to tax business and the wealthy – which will raise the price of consumer goods, cripple industry and, of course, eliminate working people’s jobs.

Then they’re going to flood the nation with as many unskilled immigrants as possible, in order to add to their voting bloc of dependants – and this will harm the working class first and most deeply since they’ll see their wages shrink and the value of their neighborhoods deteriorate.

With the looming possibility of one-party government in this country, the choice should be undeniably clear for, well, 95 per cent of Americans this time around. Obama would be bad for all of us. It would be worse than the Carter years. We’d see a massive recession. We’d probably be drawn into war and need to re-institute the draft. We’d see unchecked governmental growth. And when America gets hit, the whole world suffers.

These fool Obama supporters deserve what’s coming to them if they elect a Marxist, but the rest of us don’t. None of our children do.

Sign of the Dollar on November 3, 2008 at 4:17 PM

I made sure I was never captured.

Roger Waters on November 3, 2008 at 4:09 PM

That is really some profound crap, obviously you watched Patton . . . now, what other theater did you serve in?

rplat on November 3, 2008 at 4:19 PM

…the choice should be undeniably clear for, well, 95 per cent of Americans this time around

But, they’re the ones getting a tax break.

BacaDog on November 3, 2008 at 4:19 PM

rplat on November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Isn’t it more likely that the pollsters all want their polls to be accurate, and the media companies all want the election to be exciting? Does everything have to be a conspiracy?

The polls were pretty much right in 2000 and 2004 when Bush won. Why shouldn’t they be right now?

If McCain wins, everyone here can laugh it up and I’ll personally come back to eat crow.

But what about this from a longtime McCain ally? Is he out to “supress the McCain vote” with his “suspect poll data and negative articles”?

“As much as I would want to see a Dewey-defeats-Truman moment, it’s next to impossible for me to see how that occurs mathematically as well as organizationally,” said John Weaver, McCain’s longtime friend and ally, and the top strategist for his 2000 bid for the presidency.

When Weaver was asked if he can envision a feasible scenario that allows McCain to win, Weaver paused and responded: “Intellectually honest, no I can’t.”

ptet on November 3, 2008 at 4:20 PM

ManlyRash: How much are is the RNC paying you to shill for McCain/Palin on blogs? Don’t you have a day job? – the sky is Falling on November 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Dear Chicken Little,

I accept no renumeration from the RNC for my valiant efforts. I do this out of love for my country and respect for fellow HotAirHeads.(Plus, I have been propositioned by the ladies repeatedly, which is sooooo cool.)

No, I do not have a day job. I poisoned my first wife for the insurance money and cannibalized her corpse over a period of six months. I also despise little children and go out of my way to run over squirrels when I’m driving. This should round out the profile of me that you doubtless are preparing for Arianna Huffington at this moment. Hope this helps.

Remember to vote for McCain.

Best regards,

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:20 PM

I have a really, really good feeling about this election.

I even splurged on a bottle of scotch that’s old enough to vote so I’ll have something appropriate to break out tomorrow night to celebrate with.

ClintACK on November 3, 2008 at 4:21 PM

Anyone notice the huge freakin earthquake Alaska had yesterday? Its not even in the news, then again, what is?

johnnyU on November 3, 2008 at 4:21 PM

McCAIN-PALIN ’08 VICTORY!

J.J. Sefton on November 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM

atheists, criminals, homosexuals, cowards, black racists, muslims terrorists, idiots, ignorants, ilegal aliens, drug users, pro-abortionists constitute the majority of Obama voters.; why is that? – tocoloro on November 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM

*raises hand*

Birds of a feather?

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM

True, but God has also been known to punish people for bad behavior. If things like abortion is really the moral crime many think it is, there would be every reason to believe that God would justly punish this nation with a bad president. bilups on November 3, 2008 at 3:32 PM

“If there be ten righteous…”

Abortion: the godless unwitingly unleashing judgment on themselves.

/Hey, whadya think of your trade to the Nuggets?

Akzed on November 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Hey ClintACK, your a Scotch man, which Johnny Walker is best?

johnnyU on November 3, 2008 at 4:23 PM

I feel bad for black people. After 4 years of Obama, they’ll have to wait a long long time for another black president, because people will remember how bad the last one was

ricardoz on November 3, 2008 at 4:23 PM

The polls were pretty much right in 2000 and 2004 when Bush won.

Really? Prove it.

BacaDog on November 3, 2008 at 4:23 PM

pseudonominus on November 3, 2008 at 4:12 PM

Yeah, thanks for that advice, delivered in such a subtle, compact and non irritating way.
/s

LegendHasIt on November 3, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Can’t wait to pull the lever for Mac here in Illinois!

iceman1960 on November 3, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Elevate ManlyRash to undeniable demigod status! – Gilda on November 3, 2008 at 4:05 PM

If nominated, I will accept. If elected, I will govern benificently, as befits an blogosphere demigod.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM

While the media has made a big deal of loudly scratching their heads over why McCain is ‘wasting’ a lot of his limited time and resources the final days in ‘true blue solid states’ like CO and PA, they are studiosly avoiding pointing out that – SO IS OBAMA…

manofaiki on November 3, 2008 at 4:15 PM

The liberal-media-elite-illuminati says this activity in CO and PA is all about senate races.

But of course they could be wrong…

ptet on November 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Anyone know where Sarah is today? I’m having ‘Cuda withdrawl. Me a straight white female!!!! I’d have her puppies ifI could!I wanna see a Sarah style close from her!

Chewy the Lab on November 3, 2008 at 4:25 PM

I don’t have a McCain-Palin button, and since I live and will vote on the NYU campus, I do not want to get hassled by the proud liberal standard-bearers of free speech and tolerance. I will be wearing a flag pin and a 27th Infantry Division lapel pin in memory of my uncle, who was killed in action on Saipan in 1944. He will be with me and I will be casting his vote. – McCAIN-PALIN ‘08 VICTORY! – J.J. Sefton on November 3, 2008 at 4:22 PM

God bless you, J.J. God bless America.

Let’s bring this shit HOME.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Pat Buchanan to the BBC today……

“I think you’re going to have a civil war inside the conservative movement if this defeat is as large and sweeping as everyone seems to think this is, and if John McCain goes down to defeat with it.”

Grow Fins on November 3, 2008 at 4:26 PM

Do not believe the Obama hype machine, just GO VOTE and be pleasantly surpised.

These Obama trolls who post here disguised as Republicans will not persuade us to not vote.

Q: What has Obama EVER done?

dthorny on November 3, 2008 at 4:27 PM

lol iceman. I wish we had levers to pull here in Md. eh I’ll push extra hard on the marker. I hope the line tomorrow wraps around the building!!

johnnyU on November 3, 2008 at 4:27 PM

It’s hard to believe here in Illinois, but I’m a try’n.

susanelectro on November 3, 2008 at 4:27 PM

The IBD/TIPP poll shows as of today based on a 3 day tracking poll that John and Sarah are supported by only 43% of the American people. Anybody with any knowledge of the Republican turnout in previous elections except for the 3 party races of 1992 and 1996 back to 1976 would know that the lowest voting percentage that a Republican Presidential candidate got was 47.9% in 2000 where George Bush won the election although not winning the popular vote. With record Republican turnout forecast by myself because of Sarah Palin and the fear of Barack Obama, the PUMA hatred of Obama, and the tendency for Reagan Democrats and independents to reject socialist candidates I would not be surprised that McCain reached 50% of the vote. But based on Rasmussen state polls released today I don’t think anybody truly knows what is going to happen tomorrow, and if many of you honestly on August 28 (the day before Sarah Palin was selected) would have thought that the McCain campaign would be taking this contest to the wire, if given truth serum, you would have to admit the chances would have been slim and none, given the huge obstacles supposedly in front of the McCain campaign and the multiple unfavorables and variables that they were up against. You political junkies and right-wing bloggers know what I’m talking about. If John and Sarah lose let us not affix blame to any one individual-it just wasn’t meant to be. But if they win let us all delight in the fact that we would be all witnessing one of the greatest upsets in political history akin to the NY Giants beating the undefeated NE Patriots in the last Super Bowl.

technopeasant on November 3, 2008 at 4:28 PM

The polls were pretty much right in 2000 and 2004 when Bush won.

Really? Prove it.

BacaDog on November 3, 2008 at 4:23 PM

Here’s your starter for 10…

There’s a myth now that the polls in 2000 & 2004 were way off. They weren’t. It was just liberal wishful thinking then, just as – it seems – there is a McCain-camp wishful thinking now.

The polls could be wrong and I could be wrong. but to pretend that the polling companies and even Fox news are part of some conspiracy to surpress McCain’s turnout seems a little… odd… to me.

ptet on November 3, 2008 at 4:31 PM

jagdpanther on November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

Preaching to the choir, friend!! I can’t even stand to watch Fox at the moment; I’ve noticed that they’ve been awfully Obama friendly recently. They haven’t been willing to really question the polling data, and don’t even get me started on the hated “All Stars”!

anniekc on November 3, 2008 at 4:31 PM

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

VOTE VOTE VOTE

Elevate ManlyRash to undeniable demigod status!

Gilda

so the 1st Manly Rash Award for anti-astroturfing stamina
goes to ….da……..dah!!!…… Manly Rash.

lobosan5 on November 3, 2008 at 4:31 PM

Well Obama supporters, he’s doing so well according to these wonderful polls, just stay home tomorrow and don’t vote ok?

johnnyU on November 3, 2008 at 4:33 PM

For all you AP-like pessimists, check out the large number of undecided voters in the polls you’e reading. The undecideds are already breaking McCain’s way, and there’s more than enough of them to deliver the election to Mac and Sarah.

If you feel you want to do your part, then volunteer to drive people to the polls. Call your local Republican office and offer your services. Or, if you live in a state that is safely in McCain’s column, log onto http://www.johnmccain.com and go to the “phone bank” option. There, you will be given a script and lists of people to call in battleground states. Don’t just sit there – act NOW!!!!!

uncalheels on November 3, 2008 at 4:34 PM

(Plus, I get tohave been propositioned by the ladies repeatedly, which is sooooo cool.)

FIFY! :P

Fortunata on November 3, 2008 at 4:36 PM

jagdpanther on November 3, 2008 at 3:58 PM

I’m going to cancel my cable sub after the election. Get all my news online now, anyway.

Fortunata on November 3, 2008 at 4:39 PM

I have a really, really good feeling about this election.

ClintACK on November 3, 2008 at 4:21 PM

I plan to be drinking tomorrow night EITHER WAY. It’ll be for consolation or for celebration and I’m betting it’ll be the latter.

I was thinking about getting some good JW scotch (usually Black, racists) maybe even try the JW Swing on recommendation of a friend. But I think I will stick to some good ole Kentucky Bourbon.

Kai on November 3, 2008 at 4:39 PM

YouTube:

Pope Benedict XVI Endorses John McCain and Sarah Palin

This Shows us what is at steak. Pray for this Country, stop the Evil that is Obama.

Irenaeus on November 3, 2008 at 4:40 PM

obummer’s grandmother just died.

kelley in virginia on November 3, 2008 at 4:40 PM

Drudge is reporting Obamas grandmother just died.

johnnyU on November 3, 2008 at 4:40 PM

hmmmm

johnnyU on November 3, 2008 at 4:40 PM

I hate to state the obvious, but that WatersTroll is a first class a-hole. He’s either a liberal or has a serious case of McCain envy.

Go McCain/Palin!

drflykilla on November 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM

Excellent taste, there Kai… you hail from the bluegrass?

creatocon on November 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM

kelley in virginia on November 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM

mac is back, fighting barack the knife
even in Washington state we have a heartbeat

AnArmyof1 on November 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Isnt she reportedly the only one who can verify his birth place? He made it a point to say she was the only one, and just before the election..poof. Still doesnt get my vote. Sorry Boms

johnnyU on November 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Drudge is reporting Obamas grandmother just died.

God rest her soul. Another bad news. Can we get some good news too?

clemycali on November 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Grow Fins and Roger Waters:

Are you going to report back that McCain supporters are dispirited. You probably should, to cushion the blow. I’ll give you a quotable reference:

None of us are likely to turn out and vote. Why bother. The election’s over.

JiangxiDad on November 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM

johnnyU on November 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Nor mine, but that’s cold, dude. We try to stay classy around here.

Fortunata on November 3, 2008 at 4:44 PM

johnnyU on November 3, 2008 at 4:42 PM

Do you think maybe Obama gave her some slow acting poison, so she’d die specifically on the eve of the election? Is there *nothing* this man will not stoop to!?

ptet on November 3, 2008 at 4:44 PM

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:20 PM

What have you got against squirrels? go out of my way to run over squirrels liberals; now that’s better!

rebuzz on November 3, 2008 at 4:45 PM

From someone’s earlier post: What about Fox? Their poll today says Obama is ahead. Do you really think Fox is in the tank for Obama?

No, but guess who the repeal of the fairness doctrine would harm the most if the One wins would have won the election.

Chewy the Lab on November 3, 2008 at 4:45 PM

THE MAC IS BACK!

Now you people get out and vote and bring Palin and McCain to the White House!

Brazilian Neocon on November 3, 2008 at 4:45 PM

BREAKING

Obama grandma dead

pseudonominus on November 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM

If our Manly Rash is right, then he becomes our own international soothsayer & cheerleader. – kelley in virginia on November 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM

Whoa, back up there, Old Dominion chick. I’m not psychic – if I were, I’d be blogging from farking Aruba after winning the Powerball lotto.

As for cheerleading, I look horrible in a skirt, so forget about that. However, if YOU look good in a skirt, send pictures :-)

I’m just plain old lovable Manly – worshipped and adored by…dozens, I guess.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM

Do you really think Fox is in the tank for Obama?

Chewy the Lab on November 3, 2008 at 4:45 PM

So you *do* think Fox is playing along with some sort of pro-Obama conspiracy. But wait, that doesn’t make sense at all. That means if Obama wins Fox loses? Hmmm. I don’t think you’ve thought this one thru, Chewy…

ptet on November 3, 2008 at 4:48 PM

creatocon on November 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM

Neg. I’m a Texican, so I lean more towards the Tequila, but that’s for making trouble :D

Maker’s is a bit of a more gentle bourbon as I’m easing my way through the golden brown world of whiskey.
JW Black is a favorite, but alas, no stock.
I’ve just wound my way through Woodford Reserve, Some Crown – Special, and Russell’s Reserve (Wild Turkey).

I like Maker’s as it has no rye and doesn’t have that same crazy spice-bite that some of the others have. It’s easy going and great neat or on two cubes.

Kai on November 3, 2008 at 4:49 PM

The polls could be wrong and I could be wrong.

This proves that the Polls are infallible!

American Res. Obama +9.0
Suffolk/WHDH Obama +5.0
Rasmussen Obama +7.0
Zogby Obama +13.0
CBS News Obama +7.0
Marist Obama +8.0
CNN/WMUR/UNH Obama +9.0

and Hillary WINS NH by +2.6

The Polling geniuses were ONLY off by 11 Percentage Points. Bhaaaw!

Whoever says Polls are accurate does NOT understand THIS election cycle. The only history we have is RECENT history. The Primaries tell us the Polls are WRONG.

Geochelone on November 3, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Pray. Vote. Pray. Vote.
Oh yeah, you can only vote once.
Of course, if you ask ACORN…

Go Mac!

jimbodeano67 on November 3, 2008 at 4:50 PM

I’m sorry, but does anyone but me think it’s possible his grandmother died last week and it’s just now being reported, on the eve of the election, to generate sympathy??????

uncalheels on November 3, 2008 at 4:50 PM