Carl Cameron: Optimism growing inside McCain camp

posted at 9:18 pm on November 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

It won’t be easy but it is do-able. What’s got Maverick, Salter, and other senior aides suddenly so bubbly? Their internal polls, in all likelihood. Lead pollster Bill McInturff pronounced the race too close to call in a memo sent out late last week that claimed things were trending their way in the battlegrounds. They must have gotten more good news over the weekend. Someone had better tell Joe the Plumber because he’s sounding even more pessimistic than I am.

Stats wizard Nate Silver puts their odds at 1.9%. Click the image to watch.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 6 7 8

Amen, Domino. Thank you for all you’ve done to rally the troops.

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 1:02 AM

Don’t forget about our steaks!!!!!

Domino on November 4, 2008 at 1:39 AM

Days like these next couple make me want to take up drinking.

Bob’s Kid on November 3, 2008 at 11:38 PM
I’m a newbie, and I realized during this thread that I need to have some sort of alcoholic beverage next to me while on HA in the evening.

Beledibelle on November 3, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Evenings are when Allahpukeit works on here. AP doesn’t like the job, and so is working to get Obama bin Biden elected and put him/her/it out of a job: PC codes, “hate speech” codes,and “fairness doctrines” applied to the Internet.

Some people can be really stupid.

Tommygun on November 4, 2008 at 1:48 AM

Tommygun on November 4, 2008 at 1:48 AM

WOW do “The Leprechauns tell you to burn things” as well.

F15Mech on November 4, 2008 at 1:58 AM

I told my husband if we win tomorrow then it’s Veuve Cliquot and caviar (without preconditions) on Wednesday.

God bless America!

Just say no to Marxist Obama!

linlithgow on November 4, 2008 at 1:59 AM

Now some of you boys, I know, are wondering whether or not you’ll chicken out under fire. Don’t worry about it. I can assure you that you’ll all do your duty.

The Nazis are the enemy. Wade into them. Spill their blood, shoot them in the belly…

Now there’s another thing I want you to remember. I don’t want to get any messages saying that we are holding our position. We’re not holding anything, we’ll let the Hun do that. We are advancing constantly, and we’re not interested in holding onto anything except the enemy.

We’re going to hold onto him by the nose, and we’re going to kick him in the ass. We’re going to kick the hell out of him all the time, and we’re going to go through him like crap through a goose.

Now get the #&@k out there and make $%1t happen.

El_Terrible on November 4, 2008 at 2:22 AM

My inner Eeyore wants to come out, but I know how y’all are dainty. HA, OPEN UP AN EEYORE THREAD!!!

Apologetic California on November 4, 2008 at 2:37 AM

Well, God bless you for your optimism today, Allah. It wasn’t raging ra ra delusion, but it was an acknowledgement this is doable, morale is high, and there’s probably internal late polling numbers to support it.

Christoph on November 4, 2008 at 2:43 AM

OMG! You guys are getting me a hooker? Sweeeeeeeet.*

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Now we know where you got the rash.

apacalyps on November 4, 2008 at 2:44 AM

F15Mech on November 4, 2008 at 1:58 AM

Hey. Just letting the new people in on what’s going on with this place.

Presuming the staff here actually cares about the issues they present (rather than just in it for the paycheck), MM and AP–and apparently to an extend, Ed–have become so self-indulgent in their hatred of John McCain and their dissatisfaction with the ticket and platform that they have compulsively undercut the campaign.

AP likes loaded “exit questions.” I’ll do that myself: Aside from the self-indulgence (i.e., counterproductive self-expression and moneymaking), what good is it to highlight and exaggerate (or in AP’s case, lie about and make up) perceived problems with what you claim is “your side” (i.e., “get your ideas out there”) when doing so, at least in that manner, only leads to the destruction of what you want to accomplish?

Tommygun on November 4, 2008 at 2:51 AM

How could you guys get rid of John Howard? As far as I can tell he was great. I loved to hear his speeches and press conferences.

neuquenguy

Similar to what’s happening over there – Howard’s been there too long, too old, change is better, etc, global warming, warm and fuzzy, let’s cuddle up to our enemies/Howard is a Bush lover blah blah blah. But in a nutshell, I think people just got bored with him.

To our peril, we are now realizing that boring is waaaay better than ignorant, arrogant and dangerous. But you can’t tell some folks.

Ozwitch on November 4, 2008 at 2:53 AM

OMG! You guys are getting me a hooker? Sweeeeeeeet.*

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Now we know where you got the rash.

apacalyps on November 4, 2008 at 2:44 AM

Damn, you stole my line!

Tommygun on November 4, 2008 at 2:54 AM

Damn, you stole my line!

Tommygun on November 4, 2008 at 2:54 AM

BIG GRINS!

apacalyps on November 4, 2008 at 2:56 AM

I just have to say this…God bless President McCain and Vice President Palin. Just has a nice ring to it…;)

dec5 on November 4, 2008 at 3:02 AM

One has to wonder if Obama reinstate the draft for his own personal civilian army?

And what happens to those of us who refuse, hmm? Reeducation camps?

Capital Mess on November 3, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Don’t be silly! Reeducation camps? In America? You sound like a fella in need of mandatory group discussions, role playing, sensitivity training, group art activities, anger management seminars, sexual harassment awareness, and diversity training. But there will be no Re-education camps!

sharrukin on November 4, 2008 at 3:16 AM

McCain and Palin relied on canned talking points speeches right up to the end.
Palin going “rogue” were some of the few human highlights the campaign had. If Obama wins in a landslide it will be McCain’s own fault for refusing to get riled up and show some teeth.

I hope they win big but I’m nervous, and it’s comforting to read these comments and know we’re all in the same boat.

Obamalama Deprogrammer on November 4, 2008 at 3:18 AM

Captain Jean-Luc Picard: I will not sacrifice the Enterprise America. We’ve made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space schools and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds generations and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further! And *I* will make them pay for what they’ve done.

Hold the line. Vote.

lorien1973 on November 3, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Thanks for posting this at the very beginning, I loved it. And I will vote, even if I’m a resident of California.

mauipundit on November 4, 2008 at 3:43 AM

For my part, I was a volunteer at the Gov. Palin rally in Reno Monday night. Great crowd came out in lousy weather.
She brought her folks and in-laws, plus The Dude – the whole fam damily, who spent the weekend in Reno GOP functions waiting for Sara to show up tonight, but no children on stage – time was 8:30 PST, 11:30 EST. The crowd wanted autographs from all of the family.

Great C+W band, it was great meeting lots of like-minded folks, and lots of us had “Got coal?” signs. When Sarah first came out on stage, she saw mine and pointed to me and laughed. Made my day. My third Gov. Palin rally.

Cannot believe my country will elect an empty suit covered with Chicago machine dirt. Just cannot.

fred5678 on November 4, 2008 at 4:46 AM

The unknown is the palin factor. That’s my prediction. Even Obama’s camp has said so. How many people, who haven’t voted in years, are going to her rallies and will vote this year…just because of her?

lorien1973 on November 3, 2008 at 9:28 PM

Exactly. And note the current push in the Liberal media to make Palin out to be the “bane of the GOP” and “McCain’s failure” and whatnot else, absurdly.

Palin’s been an immense blessing (I truly believe) to the McCain candidacy and will make an wonderful V.P. The whole “she’s vacuous” critique is just, in my view, a whole lot of Girly Men on the Left and ugly laydees along with them outright petulent that someone bright, spunky, intelligent, moral, eager, ambitious and delightful should appear and connect so well with so many others.

Palin has more experience than Barack Obama. The Left has never been able to counter that, because it’s true.

Thus, all their naysaying and hateful nonsense about Sarah Palin only serves to reinfoce how pitiful Obama is and how badly nonqualified HE is for leadership, much moreso the Presidency.

In fact, Obama’s proven he’s incompetent in the Senate, what few days he’s even appeared there. Guy can’t even manage to vote on much of anything.

S on November 4, 2008 at 5:00 AM

S on November 4, 2008

Don’t lie, S. Obama votes “present” at every opportunity.
BTW, you’re right that Palin has been a blessing to McCain. She has energized the campaign like he never could. Speaking for myself, I did not support McCain and only considered voting against the big-eared goblin, but once Sarah took over, I got a huge jolt of energy (tingle up my leg?) and optimism. Now, nothing will stop me from voting for Sarah (McCain too, I guess). God help anyone who stands in my way.

SKYFOX on November 4, 2008 at 5:22 AM

I will be the first person at my polling place this morning.

Now I suggest the rest of you go log off and do the same.

gridlock2 on November 4, 2008 at 5:28 AM

Well I just read Sean Malstrom’s article here.

Either the guy is on some REALLY good dope or he has a very good point … and McCain will win fairly easily today. I have to say – throughout this election season I’ve felt “out of sync” with what I’ve been seeing in the news media and polls and what my gut tells me should be happening. And as Sean points out in his article – perhaps we aren’t the ones out of “synch” … perhaps it’s the media and the polls that are. This is a long and very good read though.

I still think McCain will win the election and do so by a larger margin than Bush did in 2004. When this happens, a hurricane of outrage will be unleashed at the political analysis business, mostly the pollsters. People will demand to know how they could be so off. In other words, the future of the political analysis business will be destroyed as their reputation will become destroyed in the upcoming days.

HondaV65 on November 4, 2008 at 5:45 AM

HondaV65 on November 4, 2008 at 5:45 AM

That is one amazing article. Well reasoned and well written. And very interesting. I think that everyone should read it, to give them some added strength for election day. I’m off to the polls in a little over an hour.

progressoverpeace on November 4, 2008 at 5:54 AM

Come on Pennsylvanians! show the world who we are!! Do you want to cast your vote for Obama when he said that we bitterly cling to our guns and religion? Do you want a man in the highest office of this nation who has promised to bankrupt our biggest industry – coal? Who has promised that the price of electricity will skyrocket? A man who says that he will give 95% of Americans a tax cut – when 40% of Americans already don’t pay taxes? Do you want to send Murtha back to Congress after he called us a bunch of racist rednecks? Tomorrow when you vote – vote for the future of our country – vote for John McCain and Bill Russell!

will13smith on November 4, 2008 at 6:09 AM

I so agree with those who say Sarah Palin is a motivating super force for the base. I also think she is attracting others in a way not observable by the MSM because they don’t understand middle Americans. The outrageous attacks on her and on Cindy McCain have sparked outrage in many, many women who usually don’t care about politics. My hope is that they are in the lines today in great numbers.

Why believe the polls at this late date? I’m going to vote in a little while and nothing is going to stop me. I haven’t felt this energized in a long time. If we lose, so be it, but I hope for a win.

Lynn 11 on November 4, 2008 at 6:10 AM

It is 6:24 in the morning and I am going to go vote. I will only half to work half a day today so I will be home early.

I hope and pray that McCain wins. Whatever happens I want the folks at Hot Air to know that I have really enjoyed talking about the election with you all. Now do as Manly says and get out there and vote!

Terrye on November 4, 2008 at 6:25 AM

Good morning. I’ve been coming to this site for several months when I needed a good dose of hope. It’s never let me down. Can’t wait for a McCain/Palin victory tonight.

TennesseeRed on November 4, 2008 at 6:31 AM

Time to field dress a donkey.

Phoenician on November 4, 2008 at 6:31 AM

I’m off to go fight for Virginia! God bless you all, and keep up the good fight wherever you are!

Gina on November 4, 2008 at 6:33 AM

Stats wizard Nate Silver puts their odds at 1.9%.

Woo Hoo! McCain still has a chance!

petunia on November 4, 2008 at 6:37 AM

Off to vote-

McCain-Palin!

NOBAMA!

profitsbeard on November 4, 2008 at 6:38 AM

Well I just read Sean Malstrom’s article here.

HondaV65 on November 4, 2008 at 5:45 AM

Awesome read, HondaV65–thank you!
I think Sean Malstrom’s analysis is the best I’ve seen or heard yet and all in one place and one excellent post.
I can hardly wait to see how right he’ll prove to be tonight!

Jenfidel on November 4, 2008 at 6:45 AM

I’m stealing an Obama sign and putting it my front yard, just in case. Maybe the “riotus” wind will pass over.

mgt on November 4, 2008 at 6:48 AM

AMERICA,

Today, all across the fruited plains, Americans are preparing to cast a vote for AMERICAS PAST, IT’S PRESENT and IT’S FUTURE… Men and Women, of every race, every social background, every economic status… They will do thier duty, to honor all those who have given us the ability to participate in this “MOST BEAUTIFUL EXPERIMENT”, this land that GOD has blessed with bounty from Sea to shining Sea… My friends, today we pray, we gerd our loins for the battle of our time, our Getteysburg, our Iwo Jima, our Battle of the Buldge… It is OUR TURN! It is OUR TIME! We MUST NOT FAIL to protect and defend the Constitution, the Bill of Rights! To protect our families, our friends, our neighbors… The enemy is at the gate, our time is NOW! Stand with me and FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOMS as so many have done before us… Let’s drag McCain to victory for our COURTS, OUR MILITARY, OUR SCHOOLS, OUR FLAG and OUR RELIGIONS! Sleep well America, for today we battle for our very lives as Americans, it’s THAT INPORTANT! God bless our efforts, and with his will we WILL PREVAIL against the biggest challenge, the biggest THREAT of our time… Rest well America, for we are comming out by the MILLIONS TODAY to DEFEND you once again…

McCain WINS! America WINS! We all WIN!

Today Ladies and Gentelmen, we are in the valley, clad in our battlegear, awaken to the day by a force from within, a purpose, a mission, battle lies ahead!

We have been joined this “MORNING IN AMERICA” by PUMA’s, Reagan Democrates, RHINO’s, Conservatives, peoples of all faiths, of all social backgrounds, of ALL races, arm in arm, shoulder to shoulder, clinging to our God, our Guns, our Flag, our Constitution!

We are looking up at a huge mountain, with a fortress of the far left radicals inside awaiting our attack. The Socilialists, protected all the way up the hill by the MSM, and with Pundits blocking our paths, the task is daunting and will require all of the effort a human can muster!

But we are bolstered by our faith, comforted by that still small voice inside… Fortified by the knowledge that from our efforts here today our children and thiers will grow up in a FREE, PROUD, STRONG AMERICA… The America of our Founders, of our Grandfathers and Fathers, of our FALLEN HEROS who gave it all for our RIGHT TO FIGHT TODAY!

Drawing comfort from our friends, family, church and our mission we march onward, “RUSH”ing up the hill, tossing aside all the Pundits, embarrasing the MSM, confronting the radicals and leaving them wondering what hit them…

VICTORY AWAITS for all those willing to lay it all on the line today! Are you ready? Will you fight? Will you vote?

IT’s MORNING IN AMERICA once again… McCain WINS!

Mark Garnett on November 4, 2008 at 6:53 AM

Just discovered that my McCain-Palin lawn sign was stolen overnight.

They are still that desperate!

profitsbeard on November 4, 2008 at 6:57 AM

We’re waiting till the kids get out of school so we can take them with us. Won’t be too busy, we’ll be 2 of the 9 or 10 votes Mav gets out of this scumbag cityworker Daley choad suck precinct. If Mav pulls this out, I’ll be at work for awhile, so good luck guys.

LtE126 on November 4, 2008 at 7:01 AM

Just discovered that my McCain-Palin lawn sign was stolen overnight.

They are still that desperate!

profitsbeard on November 4, 2008 at 6:57 AM

**** Just found out that my yard sign was hit by a DEAD DEER! No joke, it was hit on the road un front of my house and thrown into my McCain sign!

Just wondering if the DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS WAS OBAMA???

BTW, my sign is still STANDING STRONG, the DEER, no so much!

Mark Garnett on November 4, 2008 at 7:04 AM

What about the stats wizards at Hedgehog Report? Nate Silver is an Obama propagandist. He doesn’t take into account the historical Dem overweighting.

McCain wins!

True_King on November 4, 2008 at 7:08 AM

ahh, not an electric sign I take it? tis ok, the other side is allowed to do and say crude things.

well, todays the day of reckoning as Hannity puts it. Do our best folks. The Dems will be sorry for themselves if he makes it in due time, but I hope to god he doesnt. This guy isn’t just an opposing candidate, he’s a core anti-America candidate.

johnnyU on November 4, 2008 at 7:08 AM

BTW, what time do the riots start?

johnnyU on November 4, 2008 at 7:16 AM

Mornin’ soldiers!

Having my coffee and getting pumped up for today! Watching FOX News and x my fingers for a sweet victory. As far as alcohol goes, beer-check! Need here some Bacardi and also some Bailey’s-a case of soda and munchers.

This is my Super Bowl folks. That guardian angel of John McCain better have a talk with The Big Boss to give him xtra mojo for the years to come. No matter what, that ticket is the best I have seen in YEARS. That is why I am not skipping this and going to the Caribbean.

ProudPalinFan on November 4, 2008 at 7:22 AM

sharrukin on November 4, 2008 at 3:16 AM

After Matthew Sheppard was killed in 1998, the military, under the Clinton Administration, had to go to mandatory anti-hate against gays “seminars”. It was the most obnoxious bunch of liberal indoctrination I had ever heard. They had an agenda. They were not open to questions. They did not speak out against violence against groups in general, which would have been a worthy block of instruction. They were selling the idea of gay lifestlye.

I made a statement that although I was quite incapable of hurting someone for such a stupid reason as their chosen lifestyle, I had Biblical teaching that was counter that lifestyle. I also stated that there are those in the gay movement that are pretty openly hostile to people of faith for that reason. The instructor pointed at me and said to the rest of the group, “This is the exact mindset that allows this kind of violence (Matthew Sheppard) to occur.” I refused to finish the course of instruction and I came close to getting in trouble with my chain of command.

So my point, not all of the extreme re-education needs to be behind a barbed wire fence. It happens in offices, schools, factory break rooms and military classrooms.

hawkdriver on November 4, 2008 at 7:23 AM

Mark fret not; my daughter’s bedroom window was egged on Halloween and it broke one of the two layers of the window. And is cracked too.

If I ever needed an excuse for window replacement, THIS is IT.

ProudPalinFan on November 4, 2008 at 7:24 AM

I already vote absentee for PA. It would be rel nice for it to fall into the red column again.

Keep your chin up all through the day and remember that we can win!

hawkdriver on November 4, 2008 at 7:27 AM

Barack went to vote but felt suppressed because there was no “PRESENT” button.

marklmail on November 4, 2008 at 7:45 AM

sharrukin on November 4, 2008 at 3:16 AM

Jest if you must fool, but reeducation can occur in many ways. It can be covert or overt; it can be subtle or direct; or, it can occur in many other insidious ways that unknowingly capture the mind and the body.

rplat on November 4, 2008 at 8:18 AM

rplat on November 4, 2008

Chill, friend. sharrukin was being sarcastic. Let’s not shoot our own.

SKYFOX on November 4, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Good morning all.

Just voted here in Richmond, VA. It’s raining.

My polling place was busy but not overwhelmed. My guess is that most of the voters in my precinct tend to vote in high percentages anyway, and that there were not many “new recruits” to get to the polls. Took about half an hour with about 40 people ahead of me in the A-K line. Virtually no line on the L-Z side. Someone I talked to said the reverse was true when the polls opened at 6:00.

My boss and one co-worker in different precincts reported over an hour to vote, with high black voter turnout.

Used my concealed handgun permit as ID. The woman checking voter lists did not know if it was ok and asked for a DL. I asked if the CHP was not ok? It is a government issued ID. She asked another worker who glanced at it and said “Government ID, no problem”.

Will try to get some work done today, but it will be difficult.

God bless America!

riverrat10k on November 4, 2008 at 8:53 AM

rplat on November 4, 2008

Chill, friend. sharrukin was being sarcastic. Let’s not shoot our own.

SKYFOX on November 4, 2008 at 8:46 AM

Roger, out.

rplat on November 4, 2008 at 9:00 AM

Is The Onion going to report a crow shortage?

Vashta.Nerada on November 4, 2008 at 9:14 AM

Just got a text from my best friend in MI. She cast her vote for McCain. She is a hard-core Dem, but just couldn’t trust That One. Too socialist, not enough experience to trust how he’d handle things, etc.

I think I’m going to watch the returns on MSNBC tonight, just to see KO melt down as the evening progresses.

Box o’wine, popcorn, and thou, Keith…

um, yeah, i just threw up in my mouth a little… and not from the box o’wine, either…

Boudica on November 4, 2008 at 9:16 AM

I told my son, 7, who will mock vote @school today, the “Halloween Candy” example of what Obama wants to do to the country. We were @the Erie PA Palin rally on the 30th and he got Magan’s McCain book, so he is indoctrinated properly. My son is into military, camo, soldiers so he is starstruck with John McCain.

He screamed “IT’S NOT FAIR!” when I explained to him that a chunk of his candy would go to a kid that did not go trick or treating on Halloween.

Hehe, told him to “spread the word” to the other kids in class, but hush! Don’t let the teacher catch you!!! LOL! And of course, we root for Sarah and that we want her to win too! Can’t wait till 4 pm because he wants me to take him to vote. As soon as my DH comes home from the booth (soon) I will write the Erie, PA report.

ProudPalinFan on November 4, 2008 at 9:38 AM

sharrukin on November 4, 2008 at 3:16 AM

Obama did talk about a “civilian national security force” with funding equal to that of the US military. Who would be its enemies?

Although if he did try to do something like that, the REAL U.S. military, 3/4 of whom vote for McCain, might stage a coup d’etat…

Steve Z on November 4, 2008 at 9:42 AM

…I recognize a lot of the volunteers here from Denver. They are the die hard PUMAs who were determined that the DNC were not going to get the best of them. But the manager of this office, Carol, made her decision when Hillary suspended her campaign.

PUMAs from Denver going to Scranton to GOTV? Do they think PA is a better bet than CO?

I was in Wilkes-Barre and Scranton last weekend. Wilkes-Barre GOP headquarters was hopping–they had busloads of door-knockers coming in from New York State (Hillary country). Couldn’t get in to McCain’s Scranton rally–the place was overflowing.

PUMAs and elephants unite, and let’s hunt some donkey!

Steve Z on November 4, 2008 at 9:53 AM

I voted for Mccain Palin in Virginia.

SaintOlaf on November 4, 2008 at 9:54 AM

I voted for Bob Barr in 3 different counties here in Florida.

the sky is Falling on November 4, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Got the Erie, PA report (from my husband).

He said there was a line, kinda quick, 10 mins. A lady next to him wanted to chat a bit and figure out who my husband was gonna vote for. (She called herself an UNDECIDED). She asked him, “well you’re kinda young, you are gonna vote for Obama are you?”

Then he smiled and said “No, I am gonna vote McCain”.

After he cast her vote and both left, she smiled and said, “I voted for McCain too!”

ProudPalinFan on November 4, 2008 at 10:23 AM

Keep the made-up personal anecdotes coming, folks!

We have to rally the base – there’s only like, uh, a couple hours left! We can do it!

the sky is Falling on November 4, 2008 at 10:27 AM

Huh. I thought I banned “the sky is Falling” last night for his comment about Palin and her kid.

He’s banned now, anyway.

Allahpundit on November 4, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Good morning y’all. I smell an upset in the air. Don’t let the trolls on this site dampen your spirits. Roll up your sleeves and GOTV. I’ve been praying day and night and feel very hopeful today. Go McCain/Palin!!!!

Callie C. on November 4, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Smells good. Like sweet victory.

Pray hard. Vote strong.

Go Mac!

jimbodeano67 on November 4, 2008 at 10:40 AM

Wake up America, vote republican.
The black racist muslim and US hater wants to deliver the country to the communists.
We cubans can smell a communist rat from far, trust us

tocoloro on November 4, 2008 at 10:43 AM

I just voted in city called Hialeah Gardens, next to Miami.
Mostly cubans; I can tell you that this town is McCain’s country.
I bet you over 80% of the votes go for MCain; we cubans know what’s coming if the communist black racist wins.

tocoloro on November 4, 2008 at 10:46 AM

BTW, what time do the riots start?

johnnyU on November 4, 2008 at 7:16 AM

Rioting takes energy and excitement and adrenaline. Catatonic people who received a great shock are immobile.

JiangxiDad on November 4, 2008 at 10:46 AM

just keep your ammo dry and your guns well greased and be prepared

tocoloro on November 4, 2008 at 10:48 AM

BTW, what time do the riots start?

My wife’s family are hunters. Do I need to go borrow something?

jimbodeano67 on November 4, 2008 at 10:48 AM

we will be ready for them if the riot starts

tocoloro on November 4, 2008 at 10:49 AM

Not to be a Negative Nellie, but I believe that optimism is a head fake. I could be wrong, of course, but I just think McCain wants to put a happy face on at the end of his campaign.

Sensible Mom on November 4, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Let’s hope it’s more than a head fake.

jimbodeano67 on November 4, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Sensible Mom on November 4, 2008 at 11:01 AM

Which would you rather believe–that McCain’s got a smile on his face because he’s seen the internals or that half of this country has lost its mind and is actually voting to put a Socialist/Marxist/Communist who wants to emasculate our military into the Oval Office?

Jenfidel on November 4, 2008 at 11:12 AM

I like you Jenfidel. I don’t know you, but I like you.

jimbodeano67 on November 4, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Back at ya’, jimbo!

Jenfidel on November 4, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Jenfidel on November 4, 2008 at 11:12 AM

A girl after my own dark heart. Manly approves.

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Allahpundit on November 4, 2008 at 10:30 AM

Bang bang Allah’s silver hammer came down upon his head,
Bang bang Allah’s silver hammer made sure the troll was dead.

(with apologies to the Beatles)

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Rush just said it took Obama 15 minutes to vote because he was looking for the box marked present.

jimbodeano67 on November 4, 2008 at 12:11 PM

But there will be no Re-education camps!

sharrukin on November 4, 2008 at 3:16 AM

You are obviously very ill informed.

DasObamaReich on November 4, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Well I just read Sean Malstrom’s article here.

HondaV65 on November 4, 2008 at 5:45 AM

I LOVE that article!!!! Everyone PLEASE read it, then sit back and relax. http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/

Oink on November 4, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Hi Manly Rash. Glad you’re here.

Oink on November 4, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Hi Manly Rash. Glad you’re here. – Oink on November 4, 2008 at 12:19 PM

*breathes in deeply* I love the smell of burning moonbats in the morning. Smells like….victory.

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 12:23 PM

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 12:23 PM

Oink on November 4, 2008 at 12:26 PM

Someone needs to send that Malstrom article to El Rushbo.

Oink on November 4, 2008 at 12:26 PM

I read that seanmalstrom.com article this morning and he sounds as confident as you. Hmmm???? – Oink on November 4, 2008 at 12:26 PM

He simply articulated what I have known for weeks. Two paths…same destinatin.

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 12:32 PM

Someone needs to send that Malstrom article to El Rushbo. – Oink on November 4, 2008 at 12:26 PM

If his opening monologue is any indicator, he’s read it.

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Did you see on Fox about the Black Panther at a Philly precinct brandishing a nightstick? Reportedly, he was tired of white supremacy.

I voted for our POW/Sarah this a.m. in Virginia!

kelley in virginia on November 4, 2008 at 12:33 PM

If his opening monologue is any indicator, he’s read it.

ManlyRash on November 4, 2008 at 12:33 PM

I haven’t had him on yet today – well about 2 minutes worth and that’s all.

Good deal.

Oink on November 4, 2008 at 12:35 PM

Oink on November 4, 2008 at 12:19 PM

One more thing to add…VOTE. :)

teffertoes on November 4, 2008 at 12:37 PM

This was the featured article in my daily small town paper this morning and it has given me more hope. This 90 year ‘young’ woman explains why she is voting for McCain AND Palin.

At age 90, this senior citizen is still passionate about exercising her civic duty

At 90, Winnie Akin Taylor has seen a lot of elections and this year once again she cast her ballot in support of her favorite candidates.

“Everyone needs to vote,” Taylor said. “They need to speak what they believe in. It’s what makes our country, you know.”

DanaSmiles on November 4, 2008 at 12:47 PM

G’Mornin’ folks…for some reason I’m thinking of Reagan’s phrase….”It’s morning in America…” At least I *think* RR is the one who said it. May it be true once again! I’m one of the Newbies, but have been reading for a long time; ’tis a pleasure to join you all.

McCain-Palin ’08!

Maura on November 4, 2008 at 12:50 PM

Steve Z on November 4, 2008 at 9:42 AM

Well I suspect that the military budget will be drastically reduced with a new emphasis on recruiting more ‘diverse’ recruits. Some of these recruits may in fact be foreign nationals. A program currently exists to do that from Uganda but it could be expanded.

Obama will do everything he can to reduce the effectiveness of the military with emphasis on the army.

You are obviously very ill informed.

DasObamaReich on November 4, 2008 at 12:15 PM

I was being sarcastic and I suppose I should have made that clear what with on the trolls and obamabots around. My point was that Obama will not call them re-education camps but that is what they will be.

sharrukin on November 4, 2008 at 1:02 PM

I too just finished Sean Maelstroms “Toast”

As hondaV65 referenced earlier; it’s a must read for all especially before the night unfolds.

Very tempted to send it my leftbrained friends

I think he’s totally on target.If so it will truly be a night to party & remember!

RED.inca on November 4, 2008 at 1:23 PM

I need to start seeing numbers from Indiana and Virginia!

Does anyone know what the status is in these states?

These are the bellwether states to look for in terms of (in)validating polling thus far.

savant on November 4, 2008 at 3:26 PM

I voted for Bob Barr in 3 different counties here in Florida.

the sky is Falling on November 4, 2008 at 10:16 AM

I respect your right to choose your candidate but not three times! A vote for Bob Barr is like voting for MaoBama by proxy IMHO.

positionsize on November 4, 2008 at 3:43 PM

BO is going down. I called all my friends and family from PA last night and they all said they were going to vote and they were taking their friends with them.

Godspeed JMAC!

quakerfrat on November 4, 2008 at 4:00 PM

I need to start seeing numbers from Indiana and Virginia!

Does anyone know what the status is in these states?

savant on November 4, 2008 at 3:26 PM

Heavy voting in my tiny precinct in Indiana. My cousin voted in one of the largest GOP counties in Indiana and the crowd was large. Our polls close @ 6pm. I THINK there are a couple areas in Indiana that are on Central time. Maybe up by Chicago and then down by Evansville. Don’t quote me about the Evansville part though, but I’m 90% sure about East Chicago/Gary. THAT is a HUGE DEM voting area.

Oink on November 4, 2008 at 4:44 PM

civilian national defense force, with funding equal to the army? why does he get a pass on explaining where that friggin pile of money is supposed to come from? what would be the mission of this force – can’t be to stop terrorists, they are obummer’s friends. must be to fight against those who speak against the party – maybe structured like khmer rouge?

stock up on ammo before it is subject to 5000000% tax, and Vote Mac!

ckeesley on November 4, 2008 at 4:59 PM