Biden: “I never make any big, big gaffes”

posted at 8:40 pm on November 3, 2008 by Allahpundit

Define “big.”

“I think we’ve run a really good campaign,” Biden said Monday. “And for all the stuff about gaffes, I don’t think there have been any real gaffes,” Biden said. “I mean, I don’t see anything in your polling data demonstrating any of that stuff you guys love to write about.”

“I never make any big, big gaffes,” he added. “I mean, you guys love saying that about me, but I tell you what, just look at the numbers. I don’t have any problem with what I’ve said and there’s nothing I’ve said that I would back off of.”

Republicans have ripped numerous Biden remarks over the past few months, with Sen. John McCain calling him “the gift that keeps on giving.”

You know he’s having a big day when his meditation on “girl-boys” rates as only the second dopiest thing he’s said. And yet — he’s right, isn’t he? Greasy Joe’s national ambitions have been one long exercise in self-sabotage, not just during this campaign but since he started running for president 20 years ago. The plagiarism; the IQ comment; the votes against the first Iraq war and in favor of the second, followed by his opposition to the surge; the 7/11 crack about Indians; the “bright, clean, articulate” backhanded compliment to Obama; and more recently the “no coal plants in America” clusterfark and the warning that we’re sure to face some sort of major international crisis should we elect The One. If the election had ended up being about foreign policy, as McCain hoped/bet that it would, that last one alone might have been enough to sink the Dems.

And yet, in spite of it all, Biden’s a day away from being elected vice president. Exit question: How did he do it?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

AP just means get a day away from being elected. Right? – JiangxiDad on November 3, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Yep. The morons in DE will return him to the senate yet AGAIN.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Seven Percent Solution

OMG, is that really Joe Biden???

Dee2008 on November 3, 2008 at 9:22 PM

Joe Biden = Maxwell Smart

dont taze me bro on November 3, 2008 at 9:09 PM

________________________________________________________
Joe Biden will say tomorrow night, “Missed it by that much.”

ICBM on November 3, 2008 at 9:24 PM

lanesmerge on November 3, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Have any of you girded your loins yet, or are you waiting for the results tomorrow? – Dee2008 on November 3, 2008 at 9:22 PM

I was BORN with girded loins…hence the rash.

Tomorrow McCain will win handily.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 9:25 PM

FDR just sent Joe a congratulatory MarconiGram.

profitsbeard on November 3, 2008 at 8:43 PM

That turned every vertebra in my back to solid ice.

RushBaby on November 3, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Normally I’d say someone has a sense of humor on the left, but that’s not possible. Maybe he has something on Barry: blackmail.

Oops. Racist.

tru2tx on November 3, 2008 at 9:21 PM

I could only think of two nationally known white men who would be willing to run with him, Biden and Wesley Clark. Clark screwed the pooch, so Biden made it to a day away of becoming vice-pres.

JiangxiDad on November 3, 2008 at 9:25 PM

Joe the idiot Biden is a snake in the grass. Enough said. He is a moron and if he was near the White House, he would probably blow it up by mistake. He will never be near the little red button. That I have faith in.

You might as well understand now that you are talking about our next VP. Like him or not (I don’t) he’s about to become important.

highhopes on November 3, 2008 at 9:26 PM

“And I never make a big, big ‘g’!”

“What, never?”

“No, never!”

“What, NEVER?”

“Well — HARDLY EVER!”

“HE HARDLY EVER MAKES A BIG BIG G.”

(Apologies to Gilbert and Sullivan.)

Well-Armed Lamb on November 3, 2008 at 9:26 PM

This is unbelievable! Please someone tell me HOW DO I GET OUT OF THE TWILIGHT ZONE!? – lanesmerge on November 3, 2008 at 9:24 PM

Simple: you registered at Hot Air. This is a Twilight Zone-Free Zone …or something.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 9:26 PM

This, of course, is a gaffe.

Elizabetty on November 3, 2008 at 9:28 PM

highhopes on November 3, 2008 at 9:26 PM

Sorry, highhopes. I still have faith that the American electorate isn’t that stupid.

HornetSting on November 3, 2008 at 9:29 PM

The GOP is going to be demoralized for a few months at least but my prayers are that they will rally and start figuring out ways to protect the nation from the unfettered Democrat sweep you all will witness tomorrow night. I say you all because I’ll be celebrating America’s past with DVDs like 1776, Glory, and The Longest Day in lieu of watching the end of America as we know it. – highhopes on November 3, 2008 at 9:26 PM

You ought to change your screen name because your hopes aren’t very high. Tell you what, Eeyore…why not start watching those DVDs now and stop posting. The rest of us are busy winning an election.

Or, you can man up, grow a pair and start fighting.

Your call, sport.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 9:30 PM

How did he do it? The MSM has protected him from himself, same as Obama.

michaelo on November 3, 2008 at 9:31 PM

The MSM win could be one of the scariest things about tomorrow night; they’ll remain nothing but radical liberal agiprop from now on. – michaelo on November 3, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Tomorrow they will be in full “Obama has already won, slit your Republican wrists now” mode. Count on that. Even after McCain has clearly won they will insist that the election is “too close to call.”

Nevermind them. Vote for McCain. Get out the vote for McCain. Make it happen. Let’s bring this shit HOME.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 9:33 PM

The mainstream media have stuck it to us again. Now the question becomes, what are we going to do about this sad state of affairs? Boycotting the Big Three and CNN is a start. New York Times? Same thing. This is enough to get a guy’s blood pressure through the roof.

The media are supposed to be the guardians of our freedoms and our right to know, not a gussied-up whore for one side of any election. Enough.

hillbillyjim on November 3, 2008 at 9:38 PM

I <3 Joe Biden’s idiotic ramblings.

Punchenko on November 3, 2008 at 8:46 PM

Me too, and I’m going to miss him when this election is over.

Fortunata on November 3, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Today’s was amusing, but my favorite is still Stand Up for Chuck.

JammieWearingFool on November 3, 2008 at 9:39 PM

Unless AP has a crystal ball, so far, he hasn’t. I know AP loves his polls, reads them as gospel, but if most Republican’s are like me, they hang up the phone on pollsters when they call, which might explain why there are more Dem’s than Republican’s in most polls.

We may very well end up with a second Carter term. It was bad, demoralizing, and depressing time. But look what happened after Carter. And now look who we have cocked and ready waiting in the wings. Cuda and girlfriend is running her own program on the national stage.

But it’s all folly, McCain is going to win. Cuda grows in the VP slot and ends up President 8 years later instead of 4 years later.

Hog Wild on November 3, 2008 at 9:41 PM

And while I’m at it, write your local papers and TV stations. And keep writing. And calling. Let them know your dissatisfaction with their sorry behavior. It certainly can’t hurt.

hillbillyjim on November 3, 2008 at 9:41 PM

Joe Biden: “The gaffe that keeps on giving”

standforsomething on November 3, 2008 at 9:42 PM

If Obama wins tomorow , I think that he will not include Biden in his cabinet instead he will use his VP as a sort of a court jester. That way we all can have a big laugh at Joe sticking his foot in his mouth while everything else goes to hell.
However, my magic 8 ball does not see an Obama win
Vote tomorow and bring someone with you if you can.

jellybelly on November 3, 2008 at 9:45 PM

I suppose the position of V.P in the artical 1 of constitution is not a gaffe?… yeah right!. try artical 2

Then there was the Beirut, Lebanon. gaffe about! having to bring in NATO troops to fill the vacuum left by the USA *I think he mentioned the french as well as*, Withdrawl of Lebanon.
These gaffe’s were told in VP debate.

Nope, I guess these are not gaffe’s at all

hawkman on November 3, 2008 at 9:51 PM

I believe Mr. Biden, I do. I happened to run into him at Home Depot and he was explaining how when the stock market crashed in 1929, President FDR didn’t just raise taxes and tarrifs to drive us from a recession into a depression. No, no no! He got on TV and explained the situation to the American public! Now that’s the leadership we need today.

I was interested in hearing more, so I followed him down to Katie’s restaurant and he told me all about how Article I of the Constitution defines the role of the VP, and Sarah Palin should know better than to think the VP is president of the Senate.

While there, we spotted a wheelchair-bound state senator, and Joe told him to “Stand Up, Chuck! Give a hug to your old Uncle Joe! Oh my God, what am I saying?”

After Chuck rolled off with a frown on his face, Mr. Biden confided in me (and the nearby undercover press) that he was pretty sure that at least one rogue world leader would test Obama in his 1st 6 months.

Then he paused and said, “I think Hillary would have been a better VP pick than me, but Barack picked me because I have a higher IQ.”

willamettevalley on November 3, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Really Joe? Saying FDR led the country through the stock market crash of 1929 and he talked to the American people via TV was not a big gaffe? What is your definition of a “really big gaffe”????? Hoover was President, not FDR, and TV was not commercially available until over a decade after FDR died. You are an idiot of the first order

You can’t wiggle out of this one Biden, it’s on tape.

stm58 on November 3, 2008 at 9:54 PM

How did he do it?
A black guy gave him a handoutjob.

JiangxiDad on November 3, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Fixed that for you JiangxiDad….

CC – BHO: “my Muslim faith”

CapedConservative on November 3, 2008 at 9:56 PM

HornetSting on November 3, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Oh! I still have faith in the American electorate. I don’t have faith in the system that the votes count. Sorry but fraud in voting processes trumps anything else. The difference this time is that the Dems are in a place where they don’t even bother hiding the fraud much because they have enough activists in place to swing any legal decisions their way. Just look at that whore in charge of elections in Ohio who allowed park benches to become “addresses”

highhopes on November 3, 2008 at 9:57 PM

highhopes on November 3, 2008 at 9:57 PM

I understand where you are coming from, but Acorn has been around for many moons. We have beat them before, we can beat them again.

HornetSting on November 3, 2008 at 10:00 PM

Move over Elton John,Joe Biden is Captain Gaff-tastic.

No big gaffs? Define big..as in the Grand Canyon?

SmallGovtGuy on November 3, 2008 at 10:01 PM

Joe Biden truly is the gift that keeps on giving, God love him, but he’s a crazy man. Joe the Biden’s little misspeaks keep me laughing all through this election.
tomorrow night we will all be able to rest easily knowing John McCain is our leader!!!!!!

coco on November 3, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Exit question: How did he do it?

Understanding the cult that has grown around Obama is above my paygrade. One thing I do know, someone will analyze it properly in an essay someday, and it will all seem so simple (why didn’t I think of that).

Understand Axelrod, you will understand Obama’s luck and Biden’s pass. Look up 48 Laws of Power on Amazon, read that book for a bunch of historical insight.

RushBaby on November 3, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Even your claim that “jobs” is a 3 letter word?

Media, plain and simple.

Something I have to point out… We heard all about how we have to be concerned about McCain’s age/health, but what about Biden’s mental health? The idiocy that comes out of his mouth is almost shocking. Well, shocking because he’s oblivious to how it sounds. Plus I’ve seen him angrily ranting and screaming at various rallies. The guy is clearly a little off.

RightWinged on November 3, 2008 at 10:10 PM

willamettevalley on November 3, 2008 at 9:51

PM

Devilishly funny. Welcome!

RushBaby on November 3, 2008 at 10:10 PM

The guy is clearly a little off.

RightWinged on November 3, 2008 at 10:10 PM

Partially lobotomized. Not kidding.

RushBaby on November 3, 2008 at 10:12 PM

30 years of Amtrak fumes.

sherry on November 3, 2008 at 10:14 PM

That depends on what the meaning of “big” is.

qestout on November 3, 2008 at 10:14 PM

What do you think? Should I add the girl/girl nonsense to my list of 20 Biden gaffes?

jgapinoy on November 3, 2008 at 10:26 PM

“I don’t have any problem with what I’ve said and there’s nothing I’ve said that I would back off of.”

I would be ashamed of having said any of them.
But maybe Jolted Joe has no shame.

jgapinoy on November 3, 2008 at 10:29 PM

Yep. The morons in DE will return him to the senate yet AGAIN.

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 9:22 PM

I’m from DE and I’m not a moron – campaigned for and voting for Christine O’Donnell! Go Christine!!!

thatselbert on November 3, 2008 at 10:30 PM

oh roflmfao………… he just made another one

tamtam20 on November 3, 2008 at 10:36 PM

Exit question: How did he do it?

He didn’t. I hate to break it to you, AP, but it’s only Nov. 3.

Jim Treacher on November 3, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Obama should tax Biden’s stupidity, that way he can finance all of his costly programs.

sammy81 on November 3, 2008 at 10:39 PM

All of you…………..ManlyRash, jgapinoy, et al…….you all make me have faith in this country. I have been reading your comments but have been unable to make my thoughts known and want to tell you..you make me proud to be an American. I always knew there were people out there with the “onions” to say what needs to be said and you have been my salvation for the past month watching this election. I could never understand why people don’t like Sarah Palin, she is the “lady” we should all aspire to be. She cares deeply for country, family, life…….. Thank you all, and keep up the good work. We will Prevail…..McCain/Palin 08.

antiquechick on November 3, 2008 at 10:44 PM

Hey AP –

Don’t count Barry and Smirky’s “chickens before they come home to roost.”

They will tomorrow. And it ain’t gonna be a pretty sight.

Good Night and May God Bless. Goodnight.

Red Skelton – A GREAT AMERICAN

kingsjester on November 3, 2008 at 10:45 PM

God love ya! Stand up for Joe! You’re making everybody else laugh their asses off.

The one minor consolation we’ll have if Obama wins the presidency is that Joe the Blunder will stay on the national stage. Although I’d suggest they change his job title to “court jester” because that fool is a barrel of laughs.

Sign of the Dollar on November 3, 2008 at 10:49 PM

Obama and Obiden = OsnobO’s

Ozark_sky on November 3, 2008 at 10:54 PM

At least if Obama wins I will be entertained by Biden’s gaffes for the next four years. Unfortunately that’s the only silver lining I can see on that cloud.

Loki on November 3, 2008 at 10:55 PM

True enough. Unfettered Democrat rule in America for the next four years will make “Stand up, Chuck, let ‘em see ya! Oh Lord, what am I saying!” seem inconsequential.

On this eve of the end of America the group I’m most pissed off with is the so-called conservative Republicans that forced McCain on us as the most electable candidate. If the party was going down it should have done so on principle and not this way.

highhopes on November 3, 2008 at 8:48 PM

Don’t blame the conservatives for thrusting McCain on us. Blame open primary states and the Democrats and independents who crossed over to vote for him. While you’re at it, blame Rudy’s campaign staff. If Giuliani were the nominee, he would blow Obama out of the water.

Sign of the Dollar on November 3, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Court jester…just picture that. Bells ringing on that goofy hat so we’ll always know where he is…come out and play Joester!!

Ozark_sky on November 3, 2008 at 11:05 PM

yeah, I don’t think so.

wise_man on November 3, 2008 at 8:43 PM

Get a clue
before you snark, douchebag. Where’ve you been?

By the way, I’m still waiting for you to come tell me how Karl Rove’s electoral map isn’t really his. Did you miss it? It’s in the headlines.

MadisonConservative on November 3, 2008 at 11:08 PM

HELLO FRIENDS!

Tonight, all across the fruited plains, Americans are preparing to cast a vote for AMERICAS PAST, IT’S PRESENT and IT’S FUTURE… Men and Women, of every race, every social background, every economic status… They will do thier duty, to honor all those who have given us the ability to participate in this “MOST BEAUTIFUL EXPERIMENT”, this land that GOD has blessed with bounty from Sea to shining Sea… My friends, tonight we pray, we gerd our loins for the battle of our time, our Getteysburg, our Iwo Jima, our Battle of the Buldge… It is OUR TURN! It is OUR TIME! We MUST NOT FAIL to protect and defend the Constitution, the Bill of Rights! To protect our families, our friends, our neighbors… The enemy is at the gate, our time is NOW! Stand with me and FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOMS as so many have done before us… Let’s drag McCain to victory for our COURTS, OUR MILITARY, OUR SCHOOLS, OUR FLAG and OUR RELIGIONS! Sleep well America, for tomorrow we battle for our very lives as Americans, it’s THAT INPORTANT! God bless our efforts, and with his will we WILL PREVAIL against the biggest challenge, the biggest THREAT of our time… Rest well America, for we are comming out by the MILLIONS tommorrow to DEFEND you once again… McCain will win, as he MUST!

Mark Garnett on November 3, 2008 at 11:10 PM

Sure Joe your just a angel at heart we all know you mean well you big lug.I think i,m going be sick.

thmcbb on November 3, 2008 at 11:11 PM

To tell the truth, I am really curious as to what Biden meant with his gloom and doom prophecy. HOWEVER, I’m praying we never find out because MCCain gets elected.

How in the heck did we get to the point of having a marxist like obmama and a stooge like biden running for potus/vp

bullseye on November 3, 2008 at 11:13 PM

Hey Biden, Blow Me!

I hope this helps.

Shivas Irons on November 3, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Or, you can man up, grow a pair and start fighting.

Your call, sport.

I’m Jim Treacher, and I approve this message.

Jim Treacher on November 3, 2008 at 11:24 PM

His gaffes really aren’t big, and Iran is just a tiny country.

You people are just sizeist.

Laura in Maryland on November 3, 2008 at 11:28 PM

This is the stupidity of the “theoretical conservative.”

You actually believe that Osama Obama won’t p*** all over the Constitution, and that in eight years we will have a nation to “rebuild.”

Dream on, buckaroo. Obama will turn our beloved nation into a Marxist totalitarian state. You can plan for some glorious conservative “future,” but it’s not going to happen unless McCain wins tomorrow.

MrScribbler on November 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Greetings all from a newly registered conservative Mexican gal who has been reading Hotair for many, many months and has been aching to add comments. I’m honored to finally be able to do so. There are a lot of great commentators here; and Manly Rash and Rushbaby, I have often found myself agreeing with you. Thanks, Manly for your optimism and GUTS. I’m getting a little nervous, but your enthusiasm is contagious. Thanks much, and do not go gentle into that goodnight!

Hispalintologist on November 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM

I lived in Delaware for 30 years, Biden is a snake who will kiss anyones butt to get ahead.

DieHippieDie on November 3, 2008 at 11:32 PM

Quit whining you big babies, get out tomorrow and work for Mac-’Cuda.
Now good night, and good luck!
btw: Kool-aid is Off limits.

Chewy the Lab on November 3, 2008 at 11:47 PM

Thanks, Manly for your optimism and GUTS. I’m getting a little nervous, but your enthusiasm is contagious. Thanks much, and do not go gentle into that goodnight! – Hispalintologist on November 3, 2008 at 11:29 PM

Thank YOU, senorita! Ooooooo…a feminina…..so…..come here often?

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 11:55 PM

I’m Jim Treacher, and I approve this message. – Jim Treacher on November 3, 2008 at 11:24 PM

Thanks, Jimbo!

ManlyRash on November 3, 2008 at 11:56 PM

If Giuliani were the nominee, he would blow Obama out of the water.

Not a chance. The pro-lifers would have stayed home in droves. (I would have voted to him if I had to, as the lesser of two evils — and then immediately taken a long shower — but many would not have.) And while we may be seen as radical and extreme and single-minded and out of fashion, the plain truth is, the Republicans can’t win without us.

Gina on November 4, 2008 at 12:13 AM

Sorry, voted FOR him. It’s late — but I’m too wired to go to sleep!

Gina on November 4, 2008 at 12:14 AM

Biden is ‘proving’ he doesn’t make gaffes just like Obama ‘proved’ he’s ready to lead – by pointing to polls and what people think. In other words, they don’t answer the question.

Phoenician on November 4, 2008 at 12:23 AM

Whatever may come. One thing is certain.

Vodka’s in the freezer and Champagne is in the Fridge.

One way or another, heavy drinking will commence.

In moderation

Kini on November 4, 2008 at 1:08 AM

He’s been making the same original mistakes for years.

Oddly enough, when he speaks about someone elses gaffe, he states it correctly, and then does something worse.

It’s been getting worse lately, and I think one of the hair plugs is in too deep…

Greatest day of our lives tommorrow, watching the ‘One’, down in flames. thank god, after what 2 1/2 years…?
(My ears are bleeding – blood is shooting out of my ears.)

docjohn52 on November 4, 2008 at 1:31 AM

I second that nod to Manly et al.

fireweednectar on November 4, 2008 at 1:34 AM

Biden made it because even though he is less capable than Palin, Palin had the misfortune to make a mistake that is much worse for appearences. She bombed an interview at a time that circumstances conspired to make it have the most damaging effect. She also showed extreme adaptability in almost immediately adjusting her strategy, clearly perceiving her problem and not allowing useless advisors to continue to sabatage her campaign.

The adaptability Palin has shown is one of the most powerful indications of her capability, but its also too subtle for most people to perceive very quickly.

Watch her in the future if McCain doesn’t pull a miracle comeback. Whether or not she runs and/or wins in 2012, she will be a force to be reckoned with in whatever she decides to do.

RINO in Name Only on November 4, 2008 at 2:39 AM

At the risk of belaboring the obvious:

Exit question: How did he do it?

A gaffe only hurts if the press decides to headline it. Without press repetition, the only people who know about a man’s stupid words are his political opponents. With it, the general public, who only pay attention to sound bites and headlines, pick up a new bit of “conventional wisdom,” and the gaffe becomes the definition of the man.

With Palin, and with Dan Quayle and Newt Gingrich before her, we learned that one does not even have to make serious errors to get labeled “stupid” by the public. With Biden, as with Al Gore and Adlai Stevenson before him, we learn that one does not have to be bright to get labeled “bright” by the public. All it takes is favorable press coverage.

A vote for Obama/Biden is a vote for Chance, the Gardener.

philwynk on November 4, 2008 at 4:17 AM

Phoenician on November 4, 2008 at 12:23 AM

To certain insincere types — namely, liberals — a poll is reality.

It’s a symptom of the true nature of the disease. These are people for whom appearance is reality, whose notion of virtue is to be declared by the world to be virtuous, regardless of actual performance or inner character. They have no notion of genuine virtue, the response of the inner man that demands truth, courage, and compassion on the inside, regardless of how it appears to the world. They don’t even know that kind of virtue exists, because their entire lives have been spent making their outside appearance conform to some image they read about in a novel that they imagine constitutes virtue.

philwynk on November 4, 2008 at 4:25 AM

ManlyRash, I don’t know what state you live in (ernesto or drywall would say the state of denial) but I’d buy you a drink at your favorite watering hole if I’m ever in your area. Thanks for being so positive through all this wierdness. I just picked a bad year to be manic/depressive.

SKYFOX on November 4, 2008 at 5:07 AM

philwynk on November 4, 2008

Virtue be yours. (guess the movie reference…c’mon, this one’s easy)

SKYFOX on November 4, 2008 at 5:10 AM

Remember the show in the eighties where the short black racist was Movin on Up to the East Side? He had a white buffoon neighbor who was married to a black woman. Biden is the buffoon.

JAW on November 4, 2008 at 6:38 AM

Another silver lining in an Obama win. The VP slot is Biden’s last stop on the way out of political power. Delaware will get an opportunity to elect someone else for a change.

Kafir on November 4, 2008 at 6:42 AM

LBJ just endorsed Biden. Said ol Joe was such a smart feller.

He did not endorse Joes #2. Said he didn’t know enough about him.

Lincoln Cadillac on November 4, 2008 at 6:54 AM

The last stop out of political power is the Carlyle Group, and on to riches.

JAW on November 4, 2008 at 7:31 AM

SKYFOX on November 4, 2008 at 5:07 AM

In real life, Manly holds a disintegrating blue state together. He is Atlas holding the world on his shoulders. When he decides to shrug, and move away, much will tumble. He is welcome in so many places, that he will always have joy.

JiangxiDad on November 4, 2008 at 7:39 AM

JiangxiDad on November

Indiana is a good, solidly red state…but the winters suck.

SKYFOX on November 4, 2008 at 8:20 AM

What about him making up stuff about our role in Lebanon?

keving on November 4, 2008 at 8:40 AM

Manly: I’m here ALL the time. I’m totally addicted to this place.

Kini: I, too, have the vodka and champagne ready.

It’s showtime.

Hispalintologist on November 4, 2008 at 9:26 AM

“Mark my words…in six months he will be tested…by an international crisis”.

McCain will pass the test!

Steve Z on November 4, 2008 at 9:57 AM

Oh, NO. No gaffes at all.

chiefeditor on November 4, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Oh I can think of a few major gaffs:

Picking Biden as a VP candidate.
Katie’s restaurant closed 20 years ago
The train I rede every day, an ordinary American, blue collar worker 9paying $95 bucks each way)
SCRANTON, SCRANTON, SCRANTON.
Stand up Chuck to Chuck the paraplegic.
Barack America.
“He will be tested, mark my words, you will not think he is right and his popularity will be in the tank”.
“HILLARY WOULD BE A BETTER CHOICE”.
“WE ARE NOT FOR SOCIALISM, WE ARE GIVING TAX RELIEF TO THOSE BELOW $150K PER YEAR….

dthorny on November 4, 2008 at 12:25 PM