Video: Selfishness 101

posted at 11:50 am on November 1, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

My friend Kerry Picket of Eyeblast gives us the 1-minute primer on Selflessness and Patriotism in the Age of Obama. This can best be defined by keeping one’s mouth shut as the government drops the barrier of “excessive income” progressively lower:

Because, remember: it’s selfish to think that you can distribute the wealth you earned more efficiently and intelligently than Obama and his small, elite group of policymakers.  Why, look how well the government performed when it decided it knew better how to grant mortgages than the lenders themselves!

Comments

We are a very charitable country and we are NOT going to elect this prat.

carbon_footprint on November 1, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Since The One is so clearly not a socialist, it should be a snap to tell us what he would do differently if he was.

When it comes to the economy, Obama can see the Soviet Union from his house.

TedInATL on November 1, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Wow. That should be a TV ad. No scary music, nothing. Just that whole thing.

Christoph on November 1, 2008 at 11:56 AM

Finally! The point Obama makes is so true. When did we want to make a virtue out of selfishness.

As for the numbers, a lot of it is about phrasing. No tax increase versus a tax cut, etc. The point is that there is a range in the Obama plan where you get little tax cut (as you approach to 250k I gather).

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 11:57 AM

When it comes to the economy, Obama can see the Soviet Union from his house. – TedInATL on November 1, 2008 at 11:55 AM

Post of the farking day. And coming from me – who has authored several of them regularly – that is a compliment.

ManlyRash on November 1, 2008 at 11:58 AM

ManlyRash on November 1, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I’ll 2nd that!

abinitioadinfinitum on November 1, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Selfishness-defined as being a millionaire lawyer, and Senator, who does not file a form petitioning for legal citizenship of his disabled, poverty-stricken elderly aunt.

Enoxo on November 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM

In 1961.

Lehosh on November 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM

So, he’s just trying to be overtly misleading in other words…

As hard as Maobama tries, you just can’t polish a turd.

Wyznowski on November 1, 2008 at 12:04 PM

ManlyRash on November 1, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Wow, thanks! Coming from you, Mr. Rash, that’s high praise indeed.

TedInATL on November 1, 2008 at 12:05 PM

lol. I complement you by complimenting myself. Noble.

It is a great line, Ted.

Spirit of 1776 on November 1, 2008 at 12:06 PM

So, he’s just trying to be overtly misleading in other words…

As hard as Maobama tries, you just can’t polish a turd.

Wyznowski on November 1, 2008 at 12:04 PM

Do you see a difference between getting a tax cut and not getting a tax increase?

I.e., do you see a difference between -100, 0 and +100?

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:07 PM

My standard question to people I suspect will vote for Obama:

Saltysam: “So, are you going to cast a vote for socialism?”

Typical response from Obama voters: “Yes, of course. I am a socialist.”

I have yet to have anyone challenge the premise. Why is Obama so ashamed to be called one by his supporters, let alone his adversaries?

Saltysam on November 1, 2008 at 12:07 PM

It takes a stainless steel set of balls to call anyone selfish when you’re a millionaire and your brother lives in a hut on $1 a month, your grandmother’s living in hut with a dirt floor and no running water, and the aunt you exploited in your book is living off welfare in one of the worst public housing projects in Boston.

TheBigOldDog on November 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Obama knows that when you rob Peter to pay Paul, you can always count on Paul’s support.

Can you say “socialism” boys and girls?

Its just not good for individuals to decide what charities they choose to give to, that doesn’t help the Democratic party. It’s much better if the Democrats decide where your money should go, they can buy OH – SO MANY MORE VOTES THAT WAY.

Maxx on November 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Mao-Bama!

Saltysam on November 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM

“Vote for me and I’ll confiscate money from those who work and give it to you.”

Nothing more and nothing less. Obama just wants the power so as to claim the credit for “sharing”.

Dusty on November 1, 2008 at 12:09 PM

Mao-Bama!

Saltysam on November 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Good one. That just might stick!

TheBigOldDog on November 1, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Would it be selfish to take care of you Aunt who is in this country illegally and lives in a welfare apartment?

d1carter on November 1, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Can you say “socialism” boys and girls?

Maxx on November 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM

But when Peter has been robbing Paul, what do we do?

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:11 PM

You can just hear his staff: “Selfishness?!? That’s not on the teleprompter!”

Marcus on November 1, 2008 at 12:12 PM

I.e., do you see a difference between -100, 0 and +100?

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:07 PM

Do you understand that declaring negative tax rates (as for those who would get a check without even having owed any federal income tax) to be “tax cuts” is dishonest and stupid?

As to the tax cut/no tax increase stuff, the BHO campaign has been all over the place. But he said that those under $250,000 will get a tax CUT (“we will not raise your taxes … we will CUT your taxes.), so that pretty much ends all the nitpicking over cuts/nonincreases for any of the lower levels. BTW, the $250,000 number was later amended to be for joint filers, though BHO lies and addresses individuals in the first part of this vid.

The fact is that BHO just makes numbers up (like his eternal “95% of ____ will get a tax cut) and doesn’t even care about consistency with earlier declarations.

progressoverpeace on November 1, 2008 at 12:12 PM

You can just hear his staff: “Selfishness?!? That’s not on the teleprompter!”

Marcus on November 1, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Funny. Made me chuckle out loud. And so true!

Christoph on November 1, 2008 at 12:13 PM

TheBigOldDog on November 1, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Coined it about week ago. Seems to be catching on.

As hard as Maobama tries, you just can’t polish a turd.

Wyznowski on November 1, 2008 at 12:04

PM

Saltysam on November 1, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Isn’t it curious that Obama had plenty of cash for the wealthy Jeremiah Wright but none for his dirt-poor grandmother, brother or aunt?

TheBigOldDog on November 1, 2008 at 12:13 PM

Dang, just ate breakfast too…….

sheebe on November 1, 2008 at 12:14 PM

Thanks for cutting it off, I am really tired of the peanut butter sandwich story.

ctmom on November 1, 2008 at 12:15 PM

Obama recently referred to these words of the Lord Jesus Christ as recorded by Matthew:

“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’

Why doesn’t he think this passage applies to unborn babies?
Why doesn’t he think this passage applies to his impoverished relatives in the desperately poor Kogelo, Kenya school that he promised to financially help two years ago, which still has not received one dollar from any effort of his?
Why doesn’t he think this passage applies to his half-brother who lives in a tiny, dirty Kenyan shack?

Senator McCain supports his family members in need. Senator McCain adopted a girl from Bangladesh. Senator McCain has a 25 year pro-life voting record.

jgapinoy on November 1, 2008 at 12:15 PM

But when Peter has been robbing Paul, what do we do?

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:11 PM

When in @#$% has Peter been robbing Paul? Oh, you mean Peter selling Paul goods and making a profit from those goods or providing Paul a job, paying Paul wages, and then making a profit from Paul’s work. Got it.

AZfederalist on November 1, 2008 at 12:16 PM

But when Peter has been robbing Paul, what do we do?

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:11 PM

I love these softball questions…

*clears throat*

Increase the liberty of people to own their work and property.

Saltysam on November 1, 2008 at 12:16 PM

And wasn’t it selfish to deny Harry Reid some of Obama’s funding? As I recall his answer to that was “MINE”.

ctmom on November 1, 2008 at 12:16 PM

I think an effective ad would be his last statement about selfishness, and fade to his tax returns and highlight the charitable giving.
Then show the aunt in Boston, brother in Kenya, school in Kenya, etc. Reiterate the first statement.
sigh.
He’s such a steaming dungheap.

pambi on November 1, 2008 at 12:17 PM

I was selfish with my vote…….and Barry O did not get mine!

grapeknutz on November 1, 2008 at 12:17 PM

progressoverpeace on November 1, 2008 at 12:12 PM

Do you believe that any tax increase done on the rich will be passed down through increases in terms of price to the services used and goods acquired by the poor? If yes, aren’t the people paying no taxes still paying taxes, albeit indirectly?

Also, I agree that saying that people get tax cuts when they pay no taxes is not the best way to present this, but we already have programs on the books that give money back (through taxes) to people that are not paying taxes.

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:18 PM

I don’t see how his numbers in California aren’t tanking when he does this.

$120k/year in the midwest is a reasonable income (middle class, but reasonable.) But in California it’s literally not enough to buy a tarpaper shack in the woods.

Tanya on November 1, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Hey… lookie here! Obama just threw Auntie under the bus. Isn’t that selfish of him?

Pianobuff on November 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:11 PM

This is a “Get off your ass, work hard and the rewards will come” country, troll. If you want to live in a country where success is limited and everyone pays into the communal pot, I’ll cover your plane fare.

Patrick S on November 1, 2008 at 12:20 PM

AZfederalist on November 1, 2008 at 12:16 PM

No, I mean when Peter leaves large financial firm X but leaves X is such a crappy state Paul has to come in to bail out Peter’s great work. I mean when we have a 10 TRILLION dollar deficit and when clearly Paul doesn’t have the ability to pay for it.

It’s funny how you only see Paul robbing Peter.

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Patrick S on November 1, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Indeed, and that’s how I made my money. But the point is, this is also a country that shouldn’t abandon the middle class and the less fortunate people along the way.

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:21 PM

There’s a real anger and distain in his voice about taking people’s money, like they owe it. This guy is beyond socialism; he’s about reparations in socialism’s clothing. Didn’t he talk about reparative measures of the supreme court falling short back the 1960s.

Over30 on November 1, 2008 at 12:22 PM

ctmom on November 1, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Please move along quietly, and don’t bother the Obamessiah with mere facts.

Mulligan on November 1, 2008 at 12:24 PM

It’s funny how you only see Paul robbing Peter.

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:20 PM

Frankly, it’s the same thing, there is no reason anyone should be bailing out any business, that just more of the re-distributionist meme applied differently. If a business is going to fail, it should fail. The fact that the re-distributionists (Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Chuck-u Schumer) all set up this fiasco through Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac all go back to the old robbing Peter starting point.

Apologies to all for feeding the troll.

AZfederalist on November 1, 2008 at 12:24 PM

I don’t see how his numbers in California aren’t tanking when he does this.

I heard Rush whispering about California and their “Proposition 8” thing. Before, a Conservative didn’t have much motive out there to get to the polls I’d say. Last I read Proposition 8 was neck-and-neck with the pro-position narrowly in the lead. Hmm, worth a whisper but not a shout, I’d agree. The MSM and pollsters would rather die than shade it now light blue from dark blue.

Marcus on November 1, 2008 at 12:25 PM

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:21 PM

America has always supported the TRULY needy. Like many Americans, I have donated to various charities all my working life. However, I have heartburn supporting those who were too busy playing Dr. Bad Ass and/or getting stoned and/or dropping out of school, who end up with NO marketable skills to command a decent paycheck…who now feel they deserve my tax dollars.

Patrick S on November 1, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Obama wants to tax my type of transportation out of existence, take my gun, shut down my radio, criminalize my speech, make energy so expensive I can’t afford to use it, and put a governor on my home thermostat. Next year he’ll tell me the house is too large for me, and require me to remodel it into a duplex… turning over half to gubmit housing. But I know he’s doing what’s best for me; I wouldn’t want to be a selfish person.

petefrt on November 1, 2008 at 12:27 PM

No. Tax increases on productive capital will cause our economy to slow down. This will hurt everyone, the rich, the poor and the government.

It’s an outright lie and an attempt to circumvent our rules and turn the tax system into an adjunct of federal welfare (and welfare is not even a legitimate area for the federal government to be involved). Don’t bring up the “general welfare” clause in the Constitution or I’ll have to hit you with a quote from the Father of the Constitution detailing how people will abuse those words to expand the federal government far beyond its Constitutional bounds.

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:18 PM

There are tax credits and there are actual checks flying through the mail. They are two different animals.

progressoverpeace on November 1, 2008 at 12:27 PM

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Let’s see: The “middle class,” which has seen Osama Obama drop its permissible maximum income from $250K to $150K in the last couple weeks?

“Less fortunate?” We talking Obama’s $12/year brother and welfare-dependent illegal-alien aunt?

We — the American people — don’t forget the less fortunate. We are charitable people. But giving Obama control over our charity and making it mandatory is totalitarianism.

His definitions of “middle class” and “less fortunate” will, if his own words and the philosophies of his friends/mentors are to be believed, be drawn strictly on racial lines and willingness to kowtow to the Mighty Obama.

No thanks.

MrScribbler on November 1, 2008 at 12:30 PM

In 2006, Barack and Michelle Obama reduced their income by $152,000 using itemized deductions. If they hadn’t done that, they would have paid over $50,000 more to the government. If spreading the wealth is a such a priority and avoiding taxes is selfish, why didn’t they pay more?

Standard and itemized deductions are optional after all.

Personally, I like that we can reduce our incomes with deductions so that the goverment can’t snatch the bulk of what we work hard to earn. But, obviously, that’s not Obama’s philosophy. Before forcing us pay more in taxes, though, why don’t Obama and the rest of the democrats, who plan to vote for him, forego reducing their incomes to spread their wealth to others first?

Sensible Mom on November 1, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Pianobuff on November 1, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Isn’t this interesting spin from AP (Nedra Pickler)

Onyango, 56, is part of Obama’s large paternal family, with many related to him by blood whom he never knew growing up.

AP’s trying to spin this that such that people infer 0bama never knew this aunt growing up and thus exonerate him from any knowledge of either her financial condition or immigration status. However (comma) he actually wrote about Auntie Onyango in one of his books when he was talking about responsibility.

Like we need any more evidence of the bias and outright propaganda in the media.

AZfederalist on November 1, 2008 at 12:31 PM

show the aunt in Boston, brother in Kenya, school in Kenya, etc.

Compare the monetary support he provided for his extended family in both Kenya & US with the $20k he gave to his black nationalist racist “Rev” Wright.

kuhio on November 1, 2008 at 12:31 PM

Patrick S on November 1, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Yeah.

Amazing how many times a bloke complains that he can’t afford health insurance, but eats out for sushi three or four times a month, drinks $5 pints of beer at bars and restaurants, and always has a bag of “green bud” kicking around.

Saltysam on November 1, 2008 at 12:36 PM

Don’t worry people, On January 20th, Zeituni will move into the WH and get ready to celebrate! Then Barry won’t have to feel so selfish!

clnurnberg on November 1, 2008 at 12:37 PM

I’ve got a fevah, and the only prescription is more JTP and his “slippery slope” comments.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on November 1, 2008 at 12:40 PM

As far as Barack himself goes, selfishness begins at home… and with relatives. For thee, not for me…

michaelo on November 1, 2008 at 12:42 PM

You have to be living in a cave to vote for this guy. I’m flummoxed???

Mojave Mark on November 1, 2008 at 12:42 PM

Michaelo, Barry just thought his aunt, who lives in poverty, had plenty of cash to keep flying back and forth from Kenya. He had NO idea at all that she might have overstayed her visa. None.

I wonder if Michelle will buy Auntie Z a nice party frock for the inaugural ball?

clnurnberg on November 1, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Mao-Bama!

Saltysam on November 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM

Good one. That just might stick!

TheBigOldDog on November 1, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Actually King Dude, aka Mike Church, has called Nobama Dear Leader Chairman Maobama for a while. Even has a line of Dear Leader products for sale.

Buy a t-shirt while yours and my personal freedom still allow.

SPIFF1669 on November 1, 2008 at 12:48 PM

Ding ding ding!

Exactly.

Bob's Kid on November 1, 2008 at 12:49 PM

When it comes to the economy, Obama can see the Soviet Union from his house.

WIN!!

Jim Treacher on November 1, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Here’s what mac should be saying:

There was a time in this country when the Democratic Party would be in the corner of a guy like Joe the Plumber.

Now, they just want to paint him into a corner.

joepub on November 1, 2008 at 12:54 PM

The hypnotoad speaks.

JellyToast on November 1, 2008 at 12:55 PM

You want to keep as much of what you have earned as you can. That’s selfish.

You don’t want to give it to The Messiah. That’s racist.

shaken on November 1, 2008 at 12:56 PM

Barry’s into that ‘helping people’ as a group, dare I say, a ‘collective.’ This ‘individual’ silliness is just not in his nature.

And I truly think that’s the problem.

The only individual Barry looks out for is Barry, and the rest of us are there to be herded.

snickelfritz on November 1, 2008 at 12:56 PM

McCain in a landslide.

JellyToast on November 1, 2008 at 12:57 PM

Ah, er, ah, DUH!!!!!!! He’s an idiot..

Greta interview Sarah Palin last night.. She was so right on with her response to this subject and “spreading” the wealth…

reshas1 on November 1, 2008 at 1:00 PM

ManlyRash on November 1, 2008 at 11:58 AM

I’ll 2nd that!

abinitioadinfinitum on November 1, 2008 at 12:01 PM

All in favor?

Aye.

Opposed? aaaah, shaaaat-aap.

JeffinOrlando on November 1, 2008 at 1:01 PM

But when Peter has been robbing Paul, what do we do?

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:11 PM

You don’t elect “Peter” as president, that’s for sure!!

Maxx on November 1, 2008 at 1:03 PM

The husband says that Obama and his ilk think that the only reason communism hasn’t worked in the past is that they weren’t the ones running it.

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2008 at 1:03 PM

TheBigOldDog on November 1, 2008 at 12:08 PM

This is the Post of the Day

DarkCurrent on November 1, 2008 at 1:03 PM

When it comes to the economy, Obama can see the Soviet Union from his house.

TedInATL on November 1, 2008 at 11:55 AM

That is QUOTE GOLD!

hoosiermama on November 1, 2008 at 1:04 PM

This all reminds me of one of my grandpa’s quotes: It rains on the just and the unjust. But mostly on the just, because the unjust stole the just man’s umbrella.

hoosiermama on November 1, 2008 at 1:06 PM

It’s funny how you only see Paul robbing Peter.

mycowardice on November 1, 2008 at 12:20 PM

I’m alway amazed how liberals can take a simple analogy and twist it beyond recognition. NOW, you’ve got Paul robbing Peter. Only wired backwards liberals can do that.

Maxx on November 1, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Enoxo on November 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM

As I understand it, the aunt already had a hearing on her asylum petition, and it was denied. But like so many other “good, hardworking, law-abiding” illegal aliens who don’t come here to take advantage of us (per the MSM and idiot Liberals), she chose to ignore the order to leave the U.S. — and is living here illegally, in taxpayer-subsidized housing.

Yes, we are such a hateful, selfish, “downright mean” country that doesn’t do enough for the world’s poor (except give them billions and billions in aid every year, and allow tens of millions of them to live here illegally and cost us even more billions each year).

AZCoyote on November 1, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Maybe she came here for political asylum from her nephew Raila. That must be it.

hoosiermama on November 1, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2008 at 1:03 PM

I’ve talked with libs who’ve said communism didn’t really fail because communism was never fully put into practice. If the Soviet Union was only somewhat communist, I’d hate to see the real thing.

VanPalin on November 1, 2008 at 1:14 PM

I have just realized that I am a selfish bastard, might have to seek therapy immediately. I won’t be able to afford if BO wins.

la.rt.wngr on November 1, 2008 at 1:17 PM

VanPalin on November 1, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Agreed, we are a bit to close to socialism as I want to get.

Cindy Munford on November 1, 2008 at 1:19 PM

How can they elect this guy for the president of the USA when he can’t even take care of his own aunt in Boston and half-brother in Kenya. He instructs his aunt not to talk to the press until after the election (but it was okay to use her story in his book). Dinesh D’Souza organized a fund for Obama’s half-brother (he wasn’t mentioned in Obama’s books).

eigafan on November 1, 2008 at 1:21 PM

VanPalin on November 1, 2008 at 1:14 PM

That’s lefty dogma. ‘Communism isn’t flawed. What’s flawed is the attempts at implementing it. This time, we’ll do it properly.’

petefrt on November 1, 2008 at 1:21 PM

VanPalin on November 1, 2008 at 1:14 PM

The answer to people who say this is to point them at the Israeli kibbutzim, which were the purest and cleanest implementations of socialism, ever. The kibbutzim failed (all but a very few) and stand as perfect examples for the problems with the ideology.

Socialism cannot handle growth. Unless there are unlimited amounts of free money available, there is a natural stratification of resources that come with growth and socialist/centralized systems are unable to combat that (unless growth is strongly inhibited, which hurts everyone).

But, a society that doesn’t grow is a society that’s dying, so that pretty much does it. There are many other specifics about kibbutzim that shine a bright light on the failures of socialism (at the theoretical level). I learned everything I needed to know about socialism by spending time on kibbutzim.

progressoverpeace on November 1, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Enoxo on November 1, 2008 at 12:03 PM

ding!

Hey, do you think Meeeechelle ever invited this lady, who Obama seemed to think so highly of in his book, to visit them in Chicago? Obama never once paid for a plane ticket so this lady could come stay with them, and meet her great-nieces?

The man is sick, and sickening.

funky chicken on November 1, 2008 at 1:22 PM

You notice in the first part of clip he almost said “I”

He caught himself and instead said “We will not raise your taxes.”
Who is this “we” you speak of Senator Obama? You and the rest of the Four Horsemen (Biden, Reid, & Pelosi)?

DCA on November 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM

I keep waiting for the words “Bourguoise” and “Proletariat” to slip out of The One’s mouth.

“We smoked cigarettes and wore leather jackets. At night, in the dorms, we discussed neocolonialism, Franz Fanon, Eurocentrism and patriarchy. When we ground out our cigarettes in the hallway carpet or set our stereos so loud that the walls began to shake, we were resisting bourgeois society’s stifling constraints. We weren’t indifferent or careless or insecure. We were alienated.”

(“Dreams from My Father”, pg. 101)

Logic on November 1, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Zeituni was at his 2004 swearing in. How do you think she got there geniuses? Walked? And if he didn’t know she was here or illegal why the hell did she say she couldn’t discuss Barry until November 5th? Honestly, sometimes the stupidity is palpable.

But don’t worry, she’ll mysteriously make it to DC for the ball. And maybe Uncle Omar will make a “surprise” re-entry into society.

clnurnberg on November 1, 2008 at 1:26 PM

The man is sick, and sickening.

funky chicken on November 1, 2008 at 1:22 PM

don’t forget he is green behind those big ears also.

la.rt.wngr on November 1, 2008 at 1:27 PM

We have no idea how much contact Obama has had with Kenyan relatives or even how many there are. The press has done nothing to help clarify the mystery surrounding their man and if the British papers had not been real reporters we’d know jack about this woman either.

They told her to shut up though, so they knew where she was all along

clnurnberg on November 1, 2008 at 1:28 PM

She came by plane and most likely the demos, maybe BO in person, called the US embassy in Kenya to give her a visa.And she hopes that her nephew is going to grant her permanent residency once he is elected president. Simple.

clemycali on November 1, 2008 at 1:30 PM

And she hopes that her nephew is going to grant her permanent residency once he is elected president. Simple. – clemycali on November 1, 2008 at 1:30 PM

On November 4 her hopes will vanish in the smoke and flames of the riots that will erupt when her nephew goes down to defeat.

ManlyRash on November 1, 2008 at 1:38 PM

It never ceases to amaze me when Liberals reach into their rhetoric bag, and pull out the name calling in order to appear THEY have the correct position. We have all seen it on the internet with trolls who cannot discuss an issue without name calling and making the argument personal.

This approach by THE MANCHILD is just like a troll. He is going to insult all of us that love freedom, capitalism and our nation by calling us names like racists, and selfish. I believe the name calling is really projection from the liberals. They are actually describing their own actions and character. Selfish is as selfish does. After all “Hut Sweet Hut, and Slum Sweet Slum” seem to be a form of selfishness THE ONE has a monopoly on all by his little self!

McCain/Palin ’08 WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

freeus on November 1, 2008 at 1:40 PM

In the words of a great man, “God Helps Those Who Help Themselves.”

Make some calls for McCain-Palin. It is easy, not as hard to make cold calls as I thought. They give you script and it is easy to do. Make 5, 10, 15, as many as you want. Choose your battleground (I did Pennsylvania and it was a lot of fun).

I made calls and it is rewarding. More rewarding than stocking chicken feed, ammo, rice and beans for the coming bad times. You can pick your battle ground and do some good.

Mr. Joe on November 1, 2008 at 1:47 PM

The man can cut people out of his life like nobody else,

Remember this story?? Here’s Obama’s old best friend Keith Kakugawa that actually did contact Obama asking for help!
Obama said that was what social services are for!! Can’t say you didn’t know about this old friend, Obama!!!
Here’s another link to his old buddy.
some excerpts:

Kakugawa is one of the most compelling characters in Obama’s best-selling memoir of his struggle with his racial identity. In “Dreams From My Father,” Obama described Kakugawa, — half-black and half-Japanese and native Hawaiian — as an older-brother figure to Obama at their exclusive, mostly white Honolulu high school.
A campaign spokesman confirms the two men talked, adding, “It was a nice conversation between folks that knew each other a long time ago.”

The advisers suggested Kakugawa get help from social-service agencies, and that the Obama office would help with that. But he would not get money.

The exchange left Kakugawa upset. “Everybody’s just abandoned me,” he says.

An older- “brother figure.” The hypnotic toad is not his brother’s keeper.

JellyToast on November 1, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Speaking of Proposition 8, here’s the latest scheme to force Kindergarten students to become LBGT “allies” at the now notorious Faith Ringold School of Arts & Science in Hayward California.

Buy Danish on November 1, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Does Mr Preacher skills realize that when he raises taxes for the rich and the rest of us feel the rising retail costs that the resulting rise of inflation will force the Fed to raise interest rates and arm mortgages will reset up, again?

Carter achieved 18% inflation, surely Barack will have to set a new record, what will that do for adjustable rate mortgages?

Speakup on November 1, 2008 at 1:59 PM