Video: The obligatory “Tito the Builder versus Colmes” clip

posted at 11:20 am on October 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Without the sunglasses? Six minutes of fun-ish boilerplate. With the sunglasses? Awesome. Thus begins the grassroots movement to get the boss to wear mirror shades next time she’s on.

Hard to believe we’ll soon be putting away the campaign toys we’ve played with for so long: Tito, Joe the Plumber, Wright, Ayers, etc. It’s like “The Velveteen Rabbit,” if the rabbit was an unrepentant domestic terrorist.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I saw this last night…Tito is GREAT! No BS w/ Tito…

deedtrader on October 31, 2008 at 11:22 AM

SNORT!!!! I’m tempted…

Michelle on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen, Press Secretary Tito!

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Tito needs the shades because he’s got some kind of neurological tic that causes his right eye to blink and the right side of his mouth to twitch. He knows that the eye blinking is distracting, so he wears the shades to hide it. It may even reduce the blinking.

The Monster on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Tito 4 prez.

Ian on October 31, 2008 at 11:24 AM

He was very funny and really nailed it with his comment about Obama’s plan only gives crumbs to the little people.

ImRight on October 31, 2008 at 11:24 AM

Megyn Kelly needs to wear shades that next time Bill “Tool” Burton is on.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 11:25 AM

I love how you can hear all the crew laughing when Tito says that. You can tell they’re trying to keep it together, but they can’t stifle it.

Abby Adams on October 31, 2008 at 11:25 AM

Tito and the man err not so much

abinitioadinfinitum on October 31, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Michelle that would be hilarious!!!

ImRight on October 31, 2008 at 11:26 AM

I figured he wore the shades to shield his eyes from the pasty-faced Skeletor.

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 11:26 AM

What I thought was ironic is Tito is more in tune with the American public than the media.

Oh, wait, that’s not irony – that’s the way it is; hopefully that can change.

I agree – Tito for Press Secretary. The man’s BS detector is hair-trigger! (laugh)

kybowexar on October 31, 2008 at 11:26 AM

SNORT!!!! I’m tempted… – Michelle on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Go for it, Boss! Designer shades. You may start a trend.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Helen Jones-Kelley the Personal Records Purloiner.

Akzed on October 31, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Here, AP. It’s okay to cry.

Weight of Glory on October 31, 2008 at 11:27 AM

Tito is impressing. I loved how he talked to Allen. Allen is a vile person. Never liked him. But I love seeing people rip him apart.

sheebe on October 31, 2008 at 11:28 AM

I would pay real money to hear Tito say just once: “Say hello to my little friend.”

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Colmes got his a$$ totally kicked last night, by Coulter and Tito.

He sounded a beaten man.

benrand on October 31, 2008 at 11:31 AM

I can’t wait to see the humping robot Wednesday morning.

Matticus Finch on October 31, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Proves that a conservative isn’t a who, it’s a what.

Limerick on October 31, 2008 at 11:31 AM

It’s amzing how many Republican supporters are capable of more than screaming insults or vandalizing signage.

Paul Murphy on October 31, 2008 at 11:32 AM

My heart swelled with pride when my four-year-old started blurting out Joe the Plumber the other day. Now I need him to get on board with Tito the Builder.

Maybe we can get some actions figures of these two.

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 11:32 AM

Say hello to my little friend.”

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM

LOL

abinitioadinfinitum on October 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM

And then he pulls out the pocket Constitution and Declaration of Independence from the Heritage Foundation.

One word: Awesome

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Joe & Tito 2012

journeyscarab on October 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Mirror shades, miniskirt, white boots, ample decolletage…

whitetop on October 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Greatposts. I loved
Hair Trigger Bullshit detector!

deedtrader on October 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Tito was funny, engaging, Colmes had his sheets of talking points, Tito spewed the facts and Colmes was stomped on again.
Colmes reminds me of the liberal posters who post on this site…they get hammered, humiliated, stepped on, embarrassed, and they keep coming back for more, poor Colmes, oblivious is the word. He probably needs some kind of law to protect him from “liberal abuse” (or, there is the “fairness doctrine”).

right2bright on October 31, 2008 at 11:34 AM

“you’re keeping us in the dark”

No, that’s your way-cool shades, dude.
Seriously, I love Tito!

jgapinoy on October 31, 2008 at 11:35 AM

Please, a sock puppet of a pink bunny would intimidate Colmes. :-P

ThePrez on October 31, 2008 at 11:36 AM

The Pro-Rasslin’ization of political discourse is now complete…

ninjapirate on October 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM

I wonder why they didn’t vet Tito. Maybe because if they did, the MSM would be RACIST!

I wish the MSM would stop being RACIST to white people as well.

upinak on October 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Colmes got his a$$ totally kicked last night, by Coulter and Tito.

benrand on October 31, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Yep, Coulter was awesome also.

The only thing that bugged me was that Hannity was taking credit for having found Prairie Fire, when the fact is that Zombietime found it first, and revealed the Sirhan Sirhan dedication at the time. Without his discovery and analysis Hannity would never have heard about it.

Buy Danish on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Send Tito to Los Angeles to run for mayor and we’ll turn CA from dull Blue to neon Red.

Limerick on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM

One word: Awesome

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM

Great minds think alike, Doc.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Tito-Shades and Joe the Plumber-Pipewrench’s—–Now that’s the America I know!

Rovin on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Mirror shades, miniskirt, white boots, ample decolletage…

whitetop on October 31, 2008 at 11:33 AM

No, my friend.

Best look in the world: Dress shirt, black socks, no pants

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Skeletor’s strategy is to just keep repeating his nutroots talking points. The entire program last night he must have repeated that McCain-Khalidi half a million dollar bit 50 times.

Intellectually bankrupt. The left’s strategy is to just keep repeating lies and talking over people.

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Looks like Tito wanted to reach through the monitor and pimp slap Allen. Now that’s entertainment!

Sanjoboy on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

The left understands the power of symbolism. Our symbols need to be a hard hat, some sunglasses, and a plunger.

RushBaby on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Actually Tito said he needed the shades to protect his eye from an injury…something a liberal could not understand, someone working and getting injured doing actual work, you know with his hands, work, as in I have to work to make a living, sometimes you get hurt actually working, that’s right people really work, hello Colmes, it is true, some people do work…never mind, a liberal just can’t understand WORK.

right2bright on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

I find it interesting that guys like Joe and Tito demographically seem like they should be Obama voters, yet wholeheartedly support conservative principles. They are out stomping for John McCain. And yet, does Obama have any “real” people stomping for him? Those people in his infomercial, have they been out on the stump pushing their guy? So who really represents the “common man” in this election?

SAZMD on October 31, 2008 at 11:39 AM

Limerick on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Tito, The Bambeano for Los Angelos mayor. I will take the Corruption and send it back!

Take that ARNULD!

upinak on October 31, 2008 at 11:39 AM

The Pro-Rasslin’ization of political discourse is now complete… – ninjapirate on October 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM

That’s only because the McCain campaign didn’t pivot on certain key policy points as you had instructed them to do.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:39 AM

If McCain wins, there should be Joe the Plumer and Tito the Builder action figures…

SAZMD on October 31, 2008 at 11:39 AM

And yet, does Obama have any “real” people stomping for him?

No. Obama doesn’t have any friends, apparently. Those he does have or had he’s “distanced” himself from.

Seriously, can anyone name an actual friend of Obama’s outside of Khalidi, Ayers, and Wright?

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Hahaha. Heard a clip of Biden saying on 10/2 that he and obama were against gay marriage and then on 10/24 on Ellen saying he and obama support gay marriage.

Lying schmuck.

Blake on October 31, 2008 at 11:42 AM

Tito, The Bambeano

Raaaacisst.

SouthernDem on October 31, 2008 at 11:43 AM

I would encourage this if it would not cause long supressed fantasies to surface in the vicinity of my wife.

Squid Shark on October 31, 2008 at 11:44 AM

That’s to intimidate Colmes.

This guy is awesome.

However, dare I say it…

…can we get him debating Juan Hernandez?

MadisonConservative on October 31, 2008 at 11:44 AM

I nominate William Fitchner to play Colmes in the movie.

pseudonominus on October 31, 2008 at 11:46 AM

SNORT!!!! I’m tempted…

Michelle on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Is this Boss Observation Day?

Everyone be nice to Ed and Allah. They’ve been great to us this election season, right?

BuckeyeSam on October 31, 2008 at 11:47 AM

Tito is Tops!

The Socialists’ $.96/hour bribe will neither get my vote nor satisfy the “recipients” in the end.

maverick muse on October 31, 2008 at 11:48 AM

“Don’t pretend the American people are stupid”

How much more accurate of a statement is that towards a liberal.
But you know Colmes is saying “I have a TV show, you are just a stupid worker”…you can see Colmes and the elitist.
McCain’s biggest mistake was waiting too long to choose Palin, if they have another two weeks, Palin would have every “Joe and Tito” voting for them…
Too bad Hannity had to talk and talk and talk…

“Giving you crumbs over there to keep you happy”

Explains the liberal mindset perfectly…Tito has so many truths.

right2bright on October 31, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Tito needs to replace Bawny Fwanks.

Hening on October 31, 2008 at 11:49 AM

The only thing that bugged me was that Hannity was taking credit

Hannity seems to do this a lot. He’s a fraud.

benrand on October 31, 2008 at 11:49 AM

I’d love to hear Tito start riffing on ‘The One’ usando la lengua. Bet he could put bullshit artists like Hugo and Fidel to shame. . .

Oh, wait, a McCain supporter using Spanish? Would that be raaaaaaacist?

Yeah, but because of the former, not the latter, obviously.

Wind Rider on October 31, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Raaaacisst.

SouthernDem on October 31, 2008 at 11:43 AM

And calling me an Eskimo isn’t? Get a grip… hold on to them guns there Dem.

upinak on October 31, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Paul Murphy on October 31, 2008 at 11:32 AM

I’m not sure I understand what you are saying? Sarcasim?

I heard Tito and I was cheering. We usually have to turn Hannity off when colmes comes on, but this time I waited and Tito wasn’t backing down. He interrupted colmes and finished his sentence. I loved it! More legal immigrants like him…..

Bambi on October 31, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Buy Danish on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

That and the fact that Hannity takes three minutes to ask a damned question.

MadisonConservative on October 31, 2008 at 11:51 AM

And calling me an Eskimo isn’t? Get a grip… hold on to them guns there Dem.

upinak on October 31, 2008 at 11:50 AM

How about “igloo trash”? ;)

MadisonConservative on October 31, 2008 at 11:51 AM

How about “igloo trash”? ;)

MadisonConservative on October 31, 2008 at 11:51 AM

Naaa.. how about Grizzley or Polar Bear sncakers!

Oil Trash works too.

upinak on October 31, 2008 at 11:53 AM

We got Tito the Builder, Joe the Plumber…

Now we need a Cop, Sailor, and an Indian, and we got the “It takes A Village People!”

Mazztek on October 31, 2008 at 11:54 AM

RushBaby on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

Mandatory voting attire for all McCain-Palin voters on Tuesday–nationwide.

BuckeyeSam on October 31, 2008 at 11:54 AM

Hannity steals credit for a lot of things.

Meanwhile, I want Tito as Speaker of the House. He’d know how to run that place. :)

irishspy on October 31, 2008 at 11:56 AM

upinak on October 31, 2008 at 11:53 AM

How about “Lucid Aleutians”?

Hippies.

MadisonConservative on October 31, 2008 at 11:56 AM

MadisonConservative on October 31, 2008 at 11:56 AM

That owuld be great.. if I was actually living on one of the Alutian Islands. heh

upinak on October 31, 2008 at 11:57 AM

If Obama wins, you’ll be seeing a lot of Titos. There will be blood.

EMD on October 31, 2008 at 11:57 AM

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 11:42 AM

He denies that Ayers is his friend. Why don’t you believe him?

Buy Danish on October 31, 2008 at 11:57 AM

TITO ROCKS!

morganfrost on October 31, 2008 at 11:58 AM

upinak on October 31, 2008 at 11:57 AM

Close enough. You can call me a Canuck. I just consider Canada to be northern Wisconsin.

MadisonConservative on October 31, 2008 at 11:58 AM

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 11:38 AM

I am glad you brought that up. I am so tired of that stupid line. Here are some facts.
First their were 7 founders, and 7 more on the board for a total of 14 that received that grant. Khalidi was one of 14 on a board for an organization, not started by him, but he was part of the group. It was for a policy investigation concerning free election for the Palestinians.
They got rid of him after a little over one year, to this day McCain’s group is still giving them money. The outreach has now extended to Afghan and other regions where Palestinians have a presence. Khalidi has no influence now or in the recent past to this group…he is persona non grata.
Khalidi was 1 of 14, Colmes and others are allowed to spew their distortions.

right2bright on October 31, 2008 at 11:58 AM

Hannity honks his own horn no louder than any other radio personality. He is no more monotonous than most radio personalities. He provides a positive service to the public. And if confronted with your complaints, he’d apologize as he takes pride in honest acknowledgments (while honking his horn).

maverick muse on October 31, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Wind Rider on October 31, 2008 at 11:50 AM

A little shout out in his native language would have gone a long way for the hispanics.
I would love for him to say in Spanish, that the “crumbs being offered by the Dems. are insulting, they just want to keep you in your place”.

right2bright on October 31, 2008 at 12:01 PM

Tito pronounced “president” in Spanish besides translating his thoughts from Spanish into English spontaneously. Tito gave the #1 example of being an American citizen even if an emmigrant: speak publicly in ENGLISH to everyone!

BRAVO, TITO!
ENCORE!

maverick muse on October 31, 2008 at 12:05 PM

I saw this live last night and it was AWESOME! Tito & Joe are me and my neighbors!

VikingGoneWild on October 31, 2008 at 12:06 PM

ImRight on October 31, 2008 at 11:24 AM

He’s right too! Yesterday I went to both McCain and Obama websites and applied my personal situation to their tax plans and health care plans and as a result under Obama I would get a $500 cut from my AGI and under McCain I would get a up to $5000 credit on my personal health insurance and be able to bank the rest in a individual health account tax free.

I don’t think that very many people in the 55% that do pay tax in Obama 95% targeted for tax cuts understand that they really aren’t going to get much out of it. And it looks to me that some of what Obama touts and change is already in the tax code, but you’d have to do your own taxes to know that.

One more thing, Obama has this proposal to give small business a $1000 credit for 2 years for each job they create, but he will require that business to provide for that employees heath care, so the $1000 really just goes to off set that cost, but in 2 years thats terminated so what will happen is the employer will hire the replacement employee at the 2 year point and get the credit for 2 years and they fire the old employee so they don’t have to carry the additional cost of insurance. This is exactly how the old JOBS program used to work and this is how a lot of fed grants work, the grant pays the salary for a year then the business has to pick it up, but they don’t they fire the person.

Oh yeah … take a look at Obama example on his tax plan graph of the age of that senior widow who he says will pay reduced tax.. the age is 70! Is that his plan to say SS? Raise the bottom age to 70?

Texas Gal on October 31, 2008 at 12:11 PM

And calling me an Eskimo isn’t? Get a grip… hold on to them guns there Dem.

upinak on October 31, 2008 at 11:50 AM

Er, I didn’t. Wrong guy, dude. I forgot the sarc tag, I was just kidding.

SouthernDem on October 31, 2008 at 12:12 PM

They want to keep you down and give you crumbs…

Boy, that really sums up the Dem philosophy, doesn’t it?

Good job Tito!

CliffHanger on October 31, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Tito:

“Born in Colombia but Made in the U.S.A.”

Let’s roll!

ex-Democrat on October 31, 2008 at 12:18 PM

Michelle, check with Tito first because he said he was wearing them because he had an eye problem. Don’t want to make light of his eye problem. But then he made that crack about intimidating Colmes, so he would probably be alright with it.

I love it when he called the President “the Prezidente.”

And the crumbs comment was classic. He nailed it in one sentence! It would take a politician 30 minutes to try to make that point – and probably fail.

Mr_Magoo on October 31, 2008 at 12:19 PM

I watched this also and had to rewatch it several times to get it all because I laughed through each successive awesome remark from Tito.

It is amazing how many Americans will sell their vote for 96 cents an hour. I am encouraged that America gets to see two working stiffs put these Ivy league elitists to sham with their common sense approach to life.

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 12:20 PM

He was born in Columbia? No wonder he recognizes corruption and socialism when he sees it.

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Guud morning Allah!!

How scratched up does your sample ballot look? Completely torn?

Yeah…… it sucks doesn’t it?

Mcguyver on October 31, 2008 at 12:21 PM

“Hannity taking credit”

Relistened to the tape.

Hannity referenced aloud the news copy in his hands without saying that he discovered it.

Hannity has his bio litany down and always repeats it before making a statement so that his critics can’t claim that Hannity doesn’t know what being poor is like. We all tire of hearing litany. Give the guy a break; the habit transfers from religious response. His point was that Obama demeans and insults laborers, and Tito nailed Obama for mocking those who work hard for a legitimate living.

BTW, Hannity is not my favorite radio personality. But I like the good works that Hannity does for our military families and the leadership he takes in making certain that whether popular or not the truth gets “out there”. Catching the opening or at least the closing of his show is usually enough, though he “only” asks for 3 hours a day.

maverick muse on October 31, 2008 at 12:33 PM

OK… I love Tito. Awesomely awesome. Even more awesome than Joe the Plumber.

He’s a quick guy — speaking from the heart and gut. He owned that interview! Sean wasn’t really needed on this segment… often he’s needed to get the “says you” stuff that Colmes gets started with guests like Tito (folks who are not political insiders or pundits), but he wasn’t needed. Tito rolled over Colmes.

I loathe Colmes — he’s a soul-less black hole of stupidity — but I will give him credit for taking the glasses comment in the right spirit.

Y-not on October 31, 2008 at 12:39 PM

Fear not… if the Messiah wins there will be the impeachment to report on…

Kaptain Amerika on October 31, 2008 at 12:42 PM

“Boilerplate”?

Jim Treacher on October 31, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Mr_Magoo on October 31, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Great point Magoo. Obama’s been “throwing crumbs” and making hollow promises for twenty months now. How many swallowed his BS is the question of this election. When you look up the word “deception”, the new discription will be: “see Obama campaign of 08.

Rovin on October 31, 2008 at 12:44 PM

“Boilerplate”?

Jim Treacher on October 31, 2008 at 12:44 PM

Yeah, from Colmesy and Hannity. Tito The Builder was a bold fresh piece of “Say hello to my little friend!”.

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 12:49 PM

Cool guy!!!!!

You know, here’s just two random people – everyday Americans – and they’ve got it right (Tito and Joe). Maybe we still have a chance. Just because the big mouths with the microphones have devoted their love to the Big O doesn’t mean real Americans have.

Oink on October 31, 2008 at 12:52 PM

Colmes needs to be bitch slapped.

mindhacker on October 31, 2008 at 12:58 PM

Mcguyver on October 31, 2008 at 12:21 PM

Dude, seriously, go find another site if you don’t like the guy who runs this one.

MadisonConservative on October 31, 2008 at 1:09 PM

SNORT!!!! I’m tempted…

And I’ve got a tingle running up my leg!

CanuckInPA on October 31, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Love the glasses. The whole deadpan thing after he said that he was wearing them to intimidate Colmes was literally magic! LOL Too good!

Crumbs comment was also excellent. Throw the little dog a bone so that they’ll be good and cooperate. Here’s a pittance to the peasants!

Want to see more of Tito. Too bad he showed up so late in the game, but he sure is welcome!

GeeWhiz on October 31, 2008 at 1:14 PM

AP

And readers says you’re out of step?! You have got your finger on the pulse, baby!

Jaibones on October 31, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Er, I didn’t. Wrong guy, dude. I forgot the sarc tag, I was just kidding.

SouthernDem on October 31, 2008 at 12:12 PM

She ain’t a dude, Dude. Matter of fact, she’s kind of a dolly!

Jaibones on October 31, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Tito’s got more brains than the leftists. Why? Because he knows what it is like to be oppressed. These Obama fanatics don’t know anything and with the media fawning over Obama, this is all they hear and unfortunately they believe that crap. Just see how angry these leftists are. They are the victims and they cannot be optimistic and happy. Sad but true.

mariloubaker on October 31, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Fear not… if the Messiah wins there will be the impeachment to report on…

Kaptain Amerika on October 31

How can you even suggest that. If the media will whore itself out for Billy Jeff, they damn sure will do more than that for the post-racial messiah. The entire Democrat party will stand behind the big-eared goblin. Of course, standing in front of him would be suicidal.

SKYFOX on October 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM

The most important part of the tape for me was Hannity’s implied warning to Tito–your life is probably about to suck. Just as Joe got hosed Tito will probably be next.

I am still amazed how little, and I mean non existent, outrage there is about the Orwellian snooping by public servants, approved by the Governor of Ohio, with almost gestapo/Stasi overtones surrounding Joe the plumber.

Tito, consider yourself warned. Think about it folks, public servants sitting at home can, on a political whim, go back to their office and ruin your life.

We’re f’ked.