Video: The obligatory “Tito the Builder versus Colmes” clip

posted at 11:20 am on October 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Without the sunglasses? Six minutes of fun-ish boilerplate. With the sunglasses? Awesome. Thus begins the grassroots movement to get the boss to wear mirror shades next time she’s on.

Hard to believe we’ll soon be putting away the campaign toys we’ve played with for so long: Tito, Joe the Plumber, Wright, Ayers, etc. It’s like “The Velveteen Rabbit,” if the rabbit was an unrepentant domestic terrorist.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Wow! Tito is awesome. Simple, clear, easy to understand. I even think Alan got it after a while.

shooten on October 31, 2008 at 1:38 PM

Fox needs to give him his own show!! loved it!

beachkatie on October 31, 2008 at 1:43 PM

This guy should run for office — he is clear, direct, and pulls no punches. Way to go Tito!

Richard Romano on October 31, 2008 at 1:47 PM

Tito left his native country because of people like Obama.

pukara61 on October 31, 2008 at 2:19 PM

I’m having a Chris Matthews moment after watching that! Tito just gave me a tingle up the leg…and I’m a woman!

silenced majority on October 31, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Here is another real American Hero.

pukara61 on October 31, 2008 at 2:27 PM

wonder why they didn’t vet Tito. Maybe because if they did, the MSM would be RACIST!

upinak on October 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM

That’s what was holding Colmes back. He never really attempted to rebut Tito. Why? Watch the clip again with the thought that Colmes is afraid to appear to be mean to a “person of color.” It’s patently clear.

smellthecoffee on October 31, 2008 at 2:35 PM

We got Tito the Builder, Joe the Plumber…

Now we need a Cop, Sailor, and an Indian, and we got the “It takes A Village People!”

Mazztek on October 31, 2008 at 11:54 AM

I want an ad featuring Wayne the Dolphins owner. This from Rush a few days ago:

Dolphins owner H. Wayne Huizenga said Sunday no date has been set for selling up to 45 percent more of the team … but the presidential election is among the issues weighing on his decision. That’s because a Barack Obama administration is expected to mean higher capital-gains taxes. ‘He wants to double the capital gains tax, or almost double it,’ Huizenga said. ‘I’d rather give it to charity than to Obama. If you do it this year or you do it next year, the difference is humongous because of the taxes,’ Huizenga said.” Now, the dirty little secret is that businesses larger and smaller than the Dolphins are going through this same exercise. A lot of businesses around the country are now asking themselves, “When do we shut this down? When do we sell it? Sooner? Soon? When do we do
it?

smellthecoffee on October 31, 2008 at 2:41 PM

He reminds me of a character from Miami Vice that plays on both sides of the fence.

“Crockett! Joo better not sneetch me out man!”

FlatFoot on October 31, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Replete with toothpick.

I’d give up my next stimulus check for a chance to see that.

The Ugly American on October 31, 2008 at 3:32 PM

I love it,Tito rocks,and its great to see Joe the Plumber
on the campaign bus as well,kudo’s to Team Maverick/Sarah
Cuda,now onwards to victory on tuesday!

Right from the word go,average American says bias,and as
per usual,Colmes goes right into a defended the MSM on bias!

And the kicker this election,the MSM have crossed bias into
bedding down and have started a family up with the DNC,talk
about a b#sterdization,me thinks!!

canopfor on October 31, 2008 at 4:17 PM

Tito,”keeping us in the dark”!

You betcha,the Liberal’s want to keep Americans
in a mushroom farm!!

canopfor on October 31, 2008 at 4:25 PM

Tito is the greatest result of the election season. And the MSM can’t smear him or else they would be RAAACCISSSSTT!!

Grafted on October 31, 2008 at 4:46 PM

“The American media are in the bank for Obama.”

Love it!

Tzetzes on October 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Tito needs the shades because he’s got some kind of neurological tic that causes his right eye to blink and the right side of his mouth to twitch. He knows that the eye blinking is distracting, so he wears the shades to hide it. It may even reduce the blinking.

The Monster on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

I was guessing he has a left sided Bell’s palsy. Notice the left side of his mouth and his left eyebrow don’t rise.

mikeyboss on October 31, 2008 at 5:11 PM

I loved this when i saw it. Tito is better than a combo of John Belushi and Ray Charles. I am proud that he is a fellow American. He cares much more about this country than most of the electorate.
I find the “obligatory” commentary insulting however, like there’s a reluctance to bash Tito because he speaks in broken English, (he’s not an intellectual), but making fun of him over the sunglasses is ok. Maybe I just know the source too well and am biased by my knowledge. My bad.

Christine on October 31, 2008 at 5:19 PM

What I love best about the Tito phenomenon – and he’s awesome in many ways – is that he’s an example of Latino conservatism, to counteract the sometimes overwhelming meme that being hispanic automatically means your main issue is favoring illegal immigration. It gets a bit alienating sometimes to have all Latinos lumped in with La Raza and that crew, especially when so many of us believe passionately in rock-solid values of patriotism, respect, hard work, and not owing anything to anyone.

Mynuet on October 31, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Obama`s not fooling Tito..

Lou on October 31, 2008 at 6:35 PM

Another future congressman!!
This is where the greatness of America lies!
In people like Joe and Tito!!

JellyToast on October 31, 2008 at 7:17 PM