Video: Obama supporter hails the bringer of all good things

posted at 1:05 pm on October 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Can you blame her? Run through Tapper’s litany of The One’s campaign pledges. Not only is there nothing he can’t do, there’s nothing he hasn’t promised to do, healing the planet included. Barry O’s spent 18 months building himself a halo, shrewdly enough to put him on the brink of the presidency but with one little catch: With expectations among his cultists this high, there’s only one direction for his approval ratings to go.

Which means it’s time for that halo to come off.

Barack Obama’s senior advisers have drawn up plans to lower expectations for his presidency if he wins next week’s election, amid concerns that many of his euphoric supporters are harbouring unrealistic hopes of what he can achieve.

The sudden financial crisis and the prospect of a deep and painful recession have increased the urgency inside the Obama team to bring people down to earth, after a campaign in which his soaring rhetoric and promises of “hope” and “change” are now confronted with the reality of a stricken economy.

One senior adviser told The Times that the first few weeks of the transition, immediately after the election, were critical, “so there’s not a vast mood swing from exhilaration and euphoria to despair”.

The media will make sure his grace period runs longer than usual, but we’ll know things have started to turn when Andrew Sullivan starts accusing him of having betrayed his, er, “true conservative” principles. Figure late summer/early fall 2009.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

All your Obamas are belong to us.

Pasalubong on October 31, 2008 at 1:07 PM

So similar is this to Bill Clinton’s LIE that he would cut our taxes!

Don’t take and wooden nickels… and that’s all that Obama is giving us…

originalpechanga on October 31, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Can you blame her?

Depends. Do you have lower expectation for her than you do for yourself?

There a two types of Obama voters:

Stupid
Evil

I blame her, and all his supporters, including the ones I know personally.

JiangxiDad on October 31, 2008 at 1:08 PM

So she wont have to work or pay her bills ever again if Obama is elected ?

I guess Obama is turning America into a prison.

William Amos on October 31, 2008 at 1:08 PM

They are voting for a handout…boy, will they be shocked.

right2bright on October 31, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Wow, that is just pitiful.

Just pitiful…

kybowexar on October 31, 2008 at 1:09 PM

PALIN 2012

SDarchitect on October 31, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Do I have to worry about my milkshake?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Soft bigotry of low expectations?

Brat on October 31, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Make that into a McCain ad….

Vashta.Nerada on October 31, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Things are gonna crash mighty quickly, aren’t they?

lorien1973 on October 31, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you.

yo on October 31, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Here ya go. Obama’s Lowered Expectations.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Those midterms in 2010 are going to make the GOP gains in 1994 look tame. I hope CNN brings Judy Woodruff back just so I can see her cry again on election night.

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 1:11 PM

70 years of welfare and this is what we get.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Things are gonna crash mighty quickly, aren’t they?

lorien1973 on October 31, 2008 at 1:10 PM

Yep. We’ll be seeing massive buyer’s remorse by next summer. And all of those Virginians and other red states that voted for Obama will realize what they’ve done.

I, meanwhile, will be sitting there with popcorn watching Americans come around to reality.

amerpundit on October 31, 2008 at 1:13 PM

Or, as we call it in real life…

A Bait and Switch.

Illegal in almost every state…

Romeo13 on October 31, 2008 at 1:13 PM

You know, these are going to be some angry folks when Dark Barry (if he should – God forbid it please – win on Tuesday) fails to deliver the gas to their cars and fail to pay for their mortgages.

There are not enough “rich folks” to pay for all their needs.

Can’t tax that much money out of people who really don’t have it to tax.

kybowexar on October 31, 2008 at 1:13 PM

That video is one of the most depressing things I have ever seen. Peggy Joseph is the reason why this country is doomed. It will take a massive failure like the great depression to bring her to reality. The reality that government doesn’t put gas in your tank, or pay your mortgage.

DFCtomm on October 31, 2008 at 1:14 PM

was allah’s “er” for the “conservative principals” or for the “his”???????

Roger Waters on October 31, 2008 at 1:14 PM

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 1:11 PM

I’ve been comprising a mental list of those on TV whose reaction I’d like to see when Obamawama loses. I had forgotten Judy Woodruff and the PBS crew entirely. Thank you so much.

JiangxiDad on October 31, 2008 at 1:14 PM

For those who can’t see the video…she took her kid out of school early to attend a rally. She is ecstatic that she will no longer have to worry about putting gas in her car or paying her mortgage.

RushBaby on October 31, 2008 at 1:14 PM

Well then, time to que the Ken Burns documentary.
And I love his documentaries by the way, I’ll pass on the Obama one though.

Geronimo on October 31, 2008 at 1:14 PM

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 1:11 PM

I agree – there will be CHANGE coming!

kybowexar on October 31, 2008 at 1:15 PM

Wow, that is just pitiful.
Just pitiful…
kybowexar on October 31, 2008 at 1:09 PM

Correct. “It’s pitiful what people give you.”

As MM said in her column today, Welcome to Barack Obama’s America.

Gilda on October 31, 2008 at 1:15 PM

So much stupidity, that it physically hurts.

So much hope, for so much Nothing. Incredible!

Entelechy on October 31, 2008 at 1:16 PM

Obama its not just an election its a miracle

William Amos on October 31, 2008 at 1:17 PM

“I won’t have to worry about puttin’ gas in my car. I won’t have to worry about (paying my) mortgage.”

…what? Has Obama fathered a child with you, a’la Jackson and Mfume?

Would someone check that list of campaign promises and see if “forty acres and a mule” are among them. That’s what this sounds like.

This isn’t worship…it will prove more earthy than that, first among the white worshipfuls and than, finally, among the black…this is quid pro quo….

…and, when things don’t show up….

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Oh my gosh…

Book recommendation: “Life at the Bottom,” Theodore Dalrymple, British psychiatrist, wrote this crazy-astute book on the british underclass and how liberalism has bred crime, replace fathers with the state, removed responsibility, etc. Point is, it has NOTHING TO DO with race…which is the huge lie in our country. The majority of welfare recipients in GB are white. BUT THE MENTALITY IS THE SAME.

I’m not saying this woman and daughters are on welfare at all…but this perception is bred by more and more government dependency coupled with a diminished view of American/world history (which the author talks about) and it is soooo typical.

Anyway, check out the book.

Mommypundit on October 31, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Just got back from early voting in downtown Cleveland. The wait was a full hour and a half, but I got to (1) blow off a TV crew on the bus there, (2) snub mealy little beta-male Sen. Sherrod Brown working the line, and (3) get in some really good practice on my DS playing Bleach: Dark Souls. There were a lot of Peggy Josephs there, sad to say.

Get this: of course, there’s no campaign advertising allowed, but right outside the voting room they’ve framed and hung one of those lame-ass motivational posters. Hmmm… which one?

Change.

saint kansas on October 31, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I agree – there will be CHANGE coming!

kybowexar on October 31, 2008 at 1:15 PM

No there won’t be. Were conservatives ever able to roll back the socialist programs of the New Deal, or The Great Society? They will ram though social programs that we will finance forever.

DFCtomm on October 31, 2008 at 1:19 PM

Can you blame her?

Yes. She’s an idiot. If a reporter had balls they would ask her why obama didn’t help his half brother who lives in a shack in Kenya and his elderly aunt who lives in a slum in Boston.

Blake on October 31, 2008 at 1:19 PM

There are not enough “rich folks” “rich WHITE PEOPLE” to pay for all their needs.

Can’t tax that much money out of people who really don’t have it to tax.

kybowexar on October 31, 2008 at 1:13 PM

FTFY

Fishoutofwater on October 31, 2008 at 1:19 PM

True. She’ll have a bike and a Stalinist cinderblock apartment.

Mr. D on October 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM

floridians please speak up, but i presume she represents a too large yet not quite a majority of so. fl. folk?

Buckaroo on October 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM

That’s because cars will be banned for us serfs. And we will all be living in government housing.

rbj on October 31, 2008 at 1:20 PM

70 years of welfare and this is what we get.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 1:12 PM

Yep. That’s precisely why we have this attitude.

There are churches all around where I live with banners out front that say, “Change IS Coming!” Now, you would think that people are hoping (hate that word now) they will no longer be oppressed, that they can move freely, work and live wherever they want.

No, no, no. “Change” means more hand outs just like this young lady says. Less No responsibility, more free stuff. Just sit back and watch everyone else go off to work.

What a nightmare.

Cody1991 on October 31, 2008 at 1:21 PM

That depth of stupidity makes my blood run cold.

LimeyGeek on October 31, 2008 at 1:21 PM

WHY THE HELL SHOULD THIS STUPID COW HAVE THE RIGHT TO VOTE? SHE CANCELS OUT AN INFORMED VOTER’S CHOICE. UGH!!!!

Andy in Agoura Hills on October 31, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Pretty sure she orgasmed…..

I definitely puked……

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 1:21 PM

Exit question: Is Tapper, in the final stretch, starting to feel sheepish about his uncritical coverage of Obama during this campaign and trying to make up for it now that it’s unlikely to matter, or is he merely helping his candidate with that “lowering expectations” thing?

Infidoll on October 31, 2008 at 1:21 PM

When are they gonna come and feed us?

vinman on October 31, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Anyone remember that story that Mandela promised South Africans that democracy would raise their standard of living and they would have washing machines and refrigerators? I don’t know if it is true or a story, but after he was elected, people started demanding their promised free appliances.

Blake on October 31, 2008 at 1:23 PM

exit answer: Jake pretty much did his job for the last 6 mo. when noone else was, so i say neither of the above …

/jmo …

Buckaroo on October 31, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Well then, time to que the Ken Burns documentary.
And I love his documentaries by the way, I’ll pass on the Obama one though.

Geronimo on October 31, 2008 at 1:14 PM

…Burns documentaries, especially “Baseball” and “Jazz”, have at their heart a commentary about America’s failure…our history, it would seem, boils down to the treatment of blacks. I’m sure that he had more to say about abuse of folks of other colors in “The West”, but he grasps onto the handrail of the slow train called “guilt” with the white-knuckled grip of a true believer.

…in the end, his documentaries include stuff about sports and music a scenery.

…real documentaries are thin on the ground today…most are political screeds….

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2008 at 1:23 PM

This from Red State. If it isn’t for real, it’s good reading anyway…
What you were never intended to know in this election
A Hillary staffer comes clean
Posted by: Anonymous_14
Thursday, October 30, 2008 at 04:52PM CDT
23 Comments
After a long and careful consideration of all the implications and possible consequences of my actions today, I have decided to go through with this in the hope that our country can indeed be guided into the right direction. First, a little personal background… I am a female grad student in my 20’s, and a registered Democrat. During the primaries, I was a campaign worker for the Clinton candidacy. I believed in her and still do, staying all the way to the bitter end. And believe me, it was bitter. The snippets you’ve heard from various media outlets only grazed the surface. There was no love between the Clinton and Obama campaigns, and these feelings extended all the way to the top. Hillary was no dope though, and knew that any endorsement of Obama must appear to be a full-fledged one. She did this out of political survival. As a part of his overall effort to extend an olive branch to the Clinton camp and her supporters, Obama took on a few Hillary staff members into his campaign. I was one such worker. Though I was still bitterly loyal to Hillary, I still held out hope that he would choose her as VP. In fact, there was a consensus among us transplants that in the end, he HAD to choose her. It was the only logical choice. I also was committed to the Democratic cause and without much of a second thought, transferred my allegiance to Senator Obama.
I’m going to let you in on a few secrets here, and this is not because I enjoy the gossip or the attention directed my way. I’m doing this because I doubt much of you know the true weaknesses of Obama. Another reason for my doing this is that I am lost faith in this campaign, and feel that this choice has been forced on many people in this country. Put simply, you are being manipulated. That was and is our job – to manipulate you (the electorate) and the media (we already had them months ago). Our goal is to create chaos with the other side, not hope. I’ve come to the realization (as the campaign already has) that if this comes to the issues, Barack Obama doesn’t have a chance. His only chance is to foster disorganization, chaos, despair, and a sense of inevitability among the Republicans. It has worked up until now. Joe the Plumber has put the focus on the issues again, and this scares us more than anything. Being in a position to know these things, I will rate what the Obama campaign already knows are their weak links from the most important on down.
1 – Hillary voters. Internal polling suggests that at best, we are taking 70-75% of these voters. Other estimates are as low as 60% in some areas – particularly Ohio and western PA. My biggest problem with this campaign’s strategy was the decision NOT to offer Hillary the VP slot. She was ready and able to take this on, and would have campaigned enthusiastically for it. This selection would have also brought virtually all of her supporters into the fold, and the Obama campaign knew it. Though I have no way of knowing this for certain, and I do admit that I am relying on internal gossip, Senator Obama actually went against the advice of his top advisors. They wanted him to choose her, but the only significant opposition to this within the campaign came from Barack and Michelle Obama. In short, he let personal feelings take precedence over what was the most logical thing to do. Biden, by the way, has been a disaster inside the campaign. Everyone cringes whenever he gives an interview, and he creates so many headaches as the campaign has to stay on their toes in order to disseminate information and spin whatever it was he was trying to say.
2 – Sarah Palin. Don’t believe what the media is telling you about how horrible a choice she was. Again, our internal polling suggest that though she has had a minimal impact on pulling disaffected Hillary Democrats to McCain, she has done wonders in mobilizing the base for McCain. Another thing – we were completely taken by surprise with her pick. In my capacity in the research department, I looked into the backgrounds of Leiberman, Romney, Pawlenty and Ridge, and prepared briefs. I don’t mind bragging that we had pretty good stuff on all of them. With Leiberman, the plan was to paint him as an erratic old-timer who didn’t have a clue as to what he was doing (pretty much a clone of McCain). In Romney, we had him pegged as an evil capitalist who cut jobs. Pawlenty was going to get the “Quayle treatment”, or more precisely: a pretty face, with no valid experience. Tom Ridge was going to be used to provide a direct link from McCain to Bush. As you can see, we were quite enamored of all of them. Then the unexpected happened – Sarah Palin. We had no clue as to how to handle her, and bungled it from the start. Though through our misinformation networks, we have successfully taken some of the shine off. But let there be no doubt. She remains a major obstacle. She has singlehanded solidified “soft” Republican support, mobilized the McCain ground game, and has even had some appeal to independents and Hillary voters. This is what our internal polling confirms.
3 – Obama’s radical connections. Standards operating procedure has been to cry “racism” whenever one of these has been brought up. We even have a detailed strategy ready to go should McCain ever bring Rev. Wright up. Though by themselves they are of minimal worth, taken together, Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Father Pfelger, and now, Rashid Khalili, are exactly what the campaign does not need. The more focus on them, the more this election becomes a referendum on Obama. The campaign strategy from the very beginning was to make this election a referendum on Bush. Strategists have been banging their head on how successfully McCain has distanced himself from Bush. This has worked, and right now the tide is in his favor. People are taking a new look at Barack Obama, and our experience when this happens tells us this is not good news at all. When they take a look at him, one or more of these names are bound to be brought up. McCain has wisely not harped on this in recent weeks and let voters decide for themselves. This was a trap we set for him, and he never fully took the bait. Senator Obama openly dared him to bring up Ayers. This was not due to machismo on the part of Obama, but actually due to campaign strategy. Though McCain’s reference to Ayers fell flat in the last debate, people in the Obama campaign were actually disappointed that he didn’t follow through on it more and getting into it. Our focus groups found this out: When McCain brings these connections up, voters are turned off to him. They’d rather take this into consideration themselves, and when this happens, our numbers begin to tank.
4 – The Bradley Effect. Don’t believe these polls for a second. I just went over our numbers and found that we have next to no chance in the following states: Missouri, Indiana, North Carolina, Florida, New Hampshire and Nevada. Ohio leans heavily to McCain, but is too close to call it for him. Virginia, Pennsylvania, Colorado, New Mexico and Iowa are the true “toss up states”. The only two of these the campaign feels “confident” in are Iowa and New Mexico. The reason for such polling discrepancy is the Bradley Effect, and this is a subject of much discussion in the campaign. In general, we tend to take a -10 point percentage in allowing for this, and are not comfortable until the polls give us a spread well over this mark. This is why we are still campaigning in Virginia and Pennsylvania! This is why Ohio is such a desperate hope for us! What truly bothers this campaign is the fact that some pollsters get up to an 80% “refuse to respond” result. You can’t possibly include these into the polls. The truth is, people are afraid to let people know who they are voting for. The vast majority of these respondents are McCain supporters. Obama is the “hip” choice, and we all know it.
As part of my research duties, I scour right wing blogs and websites to get somewhat of a “feel” as to what is being talked about on the other side. Much of it is nonsense, but there are some exceptions which give the campaign jitters. A spirited campaign has been made to infiltrate many pro-Hillary sites and discredit them. A more disorganized, but genuine effort has also been made to sow doubts among the unapologetically right wing sites such as redstate.com. Don’t you guys get it? This has been the Obama campaign’s sole strategy from the very beginning! The only way he wins is over a dispirited, disorganized, and demobilized opposition. This is how it has been for all of his campaigns. What surprises me is that everyone has fallen for it. You may point to the polls as proof of the inevitability of all of this. If so, you have fallen for the oldest trick in the book. How did we skew these polls, you might ask? It all starts with the media “buzz” which has been generated over the campaign. Many stories are generated on the powerful Obama ground game, and how many new voters were registered. None of this happens by coincidence. It is all part of the poll-skewing process. This makes pollsters change their mixes to reflect these new voters and tilt the mix more towards Democratic voters. What is not mentioned or reported on is not the “under-reported cell phone users or young voters” we hear so much about. What is underreported is you.
I changed my somewhat positive opinion of this campaign during the unfair and sexist campaign against Sarah Palin. I will never agree with her on the issues and will probably never vote for her, but I am embarrassed of what has happened. I can’t ignore our own hand in all of this. What I do know is that I will not be voting for Obama this time around. Treat that as you will.

Christine on October 31, 2008 at 1:23 PM

Yeah, Right?!?. that’s what we call $HOPE$ AND $CHANGE$

ConservativePartyNow on October 31, 2008 at 1:24 PM

I expect we’ll find out all about her history any moment now, just like Joe Wurzelbacher.

raz0r on October 31, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Hmmmmm. Some of the most memorable times of my life, besides family blessings, were the days I landed that great job that allowed me to rely on myself to put gas in my car and pay my own mortgage.

I guess I’m just old fashioned.

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Useful idiot. Until just after she pulls the lever for that one. A vicious, 70-year cycle, and the beat goes on…

J.J. Sefton on October 31, 2008 at 1:24 PM

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 1:11 PM

Fine, but imagine the reasoning behind why that might be:

“Wahhhhh! Obama promised to be more powerful than Jesus and give me stuff! BUT HE DIDN’T! Waahhhhhh!

Now I’ll vote GOP because maybe they’ll give me the stuff that Obama didn’t give me(?)”

We have a serious problem in the populace: a virulent strain of slackerus entitleus, and it’s highly contagious.

Kensington on October 31, 2008 at 1:25 PM

A shiftless, unmotivated, unproductive, VOTING member of our society. This is why people with room temperature IQ should not be allowed to vote.

Andy in Agoura Hills on October 31, 2008 at 1:25 PM

i’d much rather it be real — or it should not have appeared at all …

Buckaroo on October 31, 2008 at 1:26 PM

And you too can be saved. Just send 19.95 to BO549…That’s Billy Obama’s Bible School By Mail….Say hallelujah……………Hallllllllllelllllllujahhhhhh. I am saveddddddd.

rich801 on October 31, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Imagine the shock when all the little Obamabots discover that they have been lied to.

MarkTheGreat on October 31, 2008 at 1:26 PM

“Most memorable time of my life!”

More memorable than having the daughter standing next to you? Oh that’s right, she was a punishment.

“I won’t have to worry about putting gas in my car, I won’t have to worry about paying my mortgage!”

Of course you won’t because everything will be ffffrrrrreeeeeeeeeee! Except of course there won’t be anything to be had. So good luck.

How can someone be so naïve? I’d say unbelievable but it’s not.

VikingGoneWild on October 31, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Something tells me she doesn’t have to worry about paying her mortgage anyway. I think the child welfare services in her state should investigate her. Maybe the media can get on this…right.

DCJeff on October 31, 2008 at 1:26 PM

C’mon AP.

To quote Oddball;

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves.

McCain Palin with 300+electorals. Bradley Wilder effect.

there it is on October 31, 2008 at 1:27 PM

“Kensington on October 31, 2008 at 1:25 PM”

you seem to be presuming there are already enough sufferers to elect b.o. — i’m not yet accepting that initial premise …

Buckaroo on October 31, 2008 at 1:27 PM

“If I help him, he’s gonna help me help myself forest’s bank account.”

forest on October 31, 2008 at 1:28 PM

Thanks Obama
Thanks MSM
Thanks Public Schools
Thanks Reverend Wright

We have reached critical mass …. a braindead electorate.

fogw on October 31, 2008 at 1:29 PM

He’s gonna’ “help” you all right — just like the folks down at Planned Parenthood would like to “help” you.

My collie says:

Help you too, buddy.

That’s right. Help is a four letter word.

CyberCipher on October 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM

how long before obama’s failures (i mean, anything short of a new golden age) will be blamed on republicans and racism?

aso on October 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Kensington, you have a point, but there are a whole lot of people voting for Obama who are going to have sticker shock. I’ve tried reaching these people and they just don’t want to admit they’ve been had. Yet. By this time next year when his approval rating is in the toilet and the economy goes south, there will be widespread discontent. The middle class, blue collar voters that are mesmerized now will abandon him. His hard-left base and the media will slavishly support him and call everyone racist, but it won’t matter. The nation will recoil in horror once they see what an abomination he is.

JammieWearingFool on October 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM

MarkTheGreat on October 31, 2008 at 1:26 PM

It won’t be BO’s fault, though. Whatever obstacles he faces will be blamed on all those bitter, Bible-toting racists who want to hang on to their hard earned money.

Cody1991 on October 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM

I agree – there will be CHANGE coming!

kybowexar on October 31, 2008 at 1:15 PM

DFCtomm on October 31, 2008 at 1:19 PM

I’ll concede your point, but what I alluded to was change in Congress. Newt and the folks came in and follow suite really with a Democratic president.
My hope that Dark Barry’s policies will be so wrong-headed that even people like this woman will want him impeached. That’s been the problem – only we Conservatives have wanted the right kind of changes. It would be nice if the other side of the aisle wanted it too.

Could happen – not betting on it, but it is possible.

kybowexar on October 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM

I blame the most monopolistic of socialist endeavors: gub’mint schools. Of course.

“In the end they will lay their freedom at our feet, and say to us, “Make us your slaves, but feed us.” ~~ Receiving bread from us, they will see clearly that we take the bread made by their hands from them, to give it to them, without any miracle. ~~ in truth they will be more thankful for taking it from our hands than for the bread itself. ~~ They will marvel at us and will be awe-stricken before us, and will be proud at our being so powerful and clever that we have been able to subdue such a turbulent flock of thousands of millions.” — Fyodor Dostoevsky, “The Grand Inquisitor”

locomotivebreath1901 on October 31, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Buckaroo on October 31, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Nope, don’t mean to do that; I haven’t given up and am going to be going door-to-door in Pennsylvania from tomorrow through Tuesday.

Kensington on October 31, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Perhaps the title of this post should read:

“Obama harbinger heralds the Bringer of all good things.”

A more nuanced wording, sure, but one befitting the messianic nature of The One…

catmman on October 31, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Well that seals my vote for Obama. I did not realize he would take care of my gas and my mortgage. What a relief. Finally a free ride.

Wade on October 31, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Your gas will come at my expense, go back to your hole.

Viper1 on October 31, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Can I blame her?

Yes, for believing it. She’s an idiot.

Even more so for passing on her idiocy and almost guaranteed future of poverty to her daughter.

Christoph on October 31, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Buckaroo on October 31, 2008 at 1:27 PM

That’s demographics and nobody is touching that with any length pole. I will just say that Mexico and South America have had a long love affair with socialism.

DFCtomm on October 31, 2008 at 1:33 PM

If we pull this out guys we can’t sit back and say phew and go back to life as normal. We have got to get the fresh blood injected into the conservative movement. Palin,Jindal,Steele…these people are our future. It’s time for the old guard to step aside.

DCJeff on October 31, 2008 at 1:33 PM

If Obama wins and can’t deliver the promise, it’s ok he already have an excuse- BLAME BUSH- simple.

gr8inferno on October 31, 2008 at 1:33 PM

I need a fillup…

null on October 31, 2008 at 1:33 PM

To these clueless Obambi supporters, it’s like Obambi is the backup quarterback on their team who has actually never played a single down, with zero record, but just standing on the sideline holding the clipboard, complaining how terrible the starting QB does; and that surely if he ever gets the starting job, only great things will happen.

But guess what, often times, when they let that backup QB plays, it almost always turns out to be a bust. It’s much easier to criticize than to actually do the job.

poxoma on October 31, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you.

yo on October 31, 2008 at 1:10 P

Obama is going to be here, Springfield MO, on Saturday night for a rally. He is going to be appearing at a high school football stadium here named….wait for it….JFK. I live very very close, as in I can see it from my house. I was wondering what kind of sign to make and you just sealed the deal with that. It is going to be a mess in my hood and lots and lots of traffic will be driving and parking right out front. I need supplies…

kahall on October 31, 2008 at 1:34 PM

so much racism in these comments. where to begin….

neal7 on October 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM

You think Sullivan will ever admit he was wrong? lol

Speedwagon82 on October 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Obama has been telling AAs they will get $300 a month per person….or $4000 per yr for individuals. At least that is what he has been telling the elderly AAs…I am sorry but they have been so fooled

Look up House Bill40 that bill will be passed under Obama it stands for 40 acres and a mule. It is the reparation bill. It has been proposed every yr for many running…funny it wasn’t proposed this yr!

navyvet48 on October 31, 2008 at 1:36 PM

“I won’t have to worry about putin’ gas in my car. I won’t have to worry about payin’ my mortgage.”

So she’s looking at this as a payday. Ruhroh. Ooooh are they going to be steamed. LOLOLOLOL!

ronsfi on October 31, 2008 at 1:36 PM

“Kensington on October 31, 2008 at 1:31 PM”

thank you for your willingness to hit the pavement in a battleground state …

Buckaroo on October 31, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Yeah Sistah!!

You won’t have to worry about paying your mortgage: From barackobama.com

A Universal 10% Mortgage Interest Tax Credit. Barack Obama will provide a 10% refundable credit to
offset mortgage interest payments and make homeownership more affordable for lower- and middle-income
families. This universal credit will provide an average tax cut of $500 to 10 million homeowners who do not
currently itemize

How many people do you know who would take a $500 refundable credit over deducting the actual interest on their mortgage and forgo itemizing?

Didn’t see nothing there about paying your gasoline bill though.

Texas Gal on October 31, 2008 at 1:37 PM

Apparently a recent poll shows that only 65% of African-Americans in Missouri are going to vote for Barry.

MobileVideoEngineer on October 31, 2008 at 1:37 PM

There’s nothing I can say to that without coming across as really bad.

anniekc on October 31, 2008 at 1:37 PM

“Speedwagon82 on October 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM”

he did so with W!

Buckaroo on October 31, 2008 at 1:38 PM

In one sense, what we are witnessing among significant numbers of blacks today, this “Peggy” dolt included, is perhaps slavery’s most profound legacy of failure.

LimeyGeek on October 31, 2008 at 1:38 PM

I suggest she pop in Janet Jackson..”What have you done for me lately”

And for reading material,…obama’s slum living family.

BTW,..isn’t child abused passing stupidity down to your kids?

christene on October 31, 2008 at 1:38 PM

“neal7 on October 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM”

hey douche, point to one specific post where we fault her for the color of her skin rather than the corrosive mentality of entitlements that she clearly appears to possess. until then, stfd & stfu …

Buckaroo on October 31, 2008 at 1:39 PM

Mommypundit on October 31, 2008 at 1:18 PM

I love book recommendations. I checked this one out at Amazon and promptly ordered it with one-click. Too bad it’s not available as an audiobook, which is how I consume most books.

Thanks MP!

RushBaby on October 31, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Obama’s promises of milk and honey and streets of gold during his stump speeches don’t match the plan on his website, which is sorely lacking in actual details.

Smoke and mirrors, baby .. smoke and mirrors.

Texas Gal on October 31, 2008 at 1:40 PM

so much racism in these comments. where to begin….

neal7 on October 31, 2008 at 1:35 PM

We accepted the fact that we are racist a long time ago.

kahall on October 31, 2008 at 1:40 PM

And so it begins, the Zimbabwefication of America!

epluribusunum on October 31, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Stupid
Evil
JiangxiDad on October 31, 2008 at 1:08 PM

I’d go with uninformed and self centered.
But the distinctions are mostly stylistic.

Count to 10 on October 31, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Space Cadet 1 to Space Cadet 2,!

Space Cadet 2,copy!

Space Cadet 1,are you voting for the leader,and
did you drink the required KOOLAID,over!

Space Cadet 2,Um,no to KOOLAID and NO to the LEADER!

Space Cadet 1,Thats interesting,over!

Will chat later, Space Cadet 2,have to
start moving the Obama-Bots in a LOCK
STEP MARCH IN LINE OR ELSE TOWARDS THE
POLLING STATIONS,over and out!!!
(Snark)

canopfor on October 31, 2008 at 1:41 PM

“DFCtomm on October 31, 2008 at 1:33 PM”

true dat, but red states have a significantly higher birthrate than blue states, anf there is a census in ’10 …

Buckaroo on October 31, 2008 at 1:42 PM