Video: Da Coach introduces Da ‘Cuda

posted at 4:30 pm on October 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Via reader Don P., the man who helped get us into this mess — yes, really — delivers a pep talk to help get us out. You can tell that he’s rusty; he didn’t even use the other team’s guarantees of victory as a motivator.

New Gallup poll: The One’s netted three points overnight from his 30-minute Obamapalooza special to lead by eight. Exit question: How will McCain fare in the Super Bowl? ’85 Bears or ’06 Bears?

Comments

Iran can now block Israeli subs

ConservativePartyNow on October 31, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Coach, why didn’t you run against this moron and solve this problem 4 years ago?

BigAnge on October 31, 2008 at 4:34 PM

clearly Sarah Palin is bad for the ticket.

/cocktail circuit conservative

jp on October 31, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Da Bears

Kini on October 31, 2008 at 4:35 PM

SARAH! SARAH! SARAH!

lodge on October 31, 2008 at 4:35 PM

Allah-
Again, you’re full of crap.

This was a great introduction.

Sugar Land on October 31, 2008 at 4:36 PM

IBD has it a 4 point race today

jp on October 31, 2008 at 4:36 PM

Miniditka vs. the liberal machine. Who do ya got?

Grafted on October 31, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Iran can now block Israeli subs
ConservativePartyNow on October 31, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Somehow I ain’t worried at all by the Iranian Navy.

Akzed on October 31, 2008 at 4:38 PM

“I’m here because I’m an American.”

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST!

Enoxo on October 31, 2008 at 4:39 PM

palin or mccain mentioning the 120k limit at their speeches today?

lorien1973 on October 31, 2008 at 4:39 PM

What a great introduction…I don’t get AP, ever since Ed has come on he seems he has to do something to get noticed.
Regardless, great introduction, from the heart, not polished, just how people want to hear it.
Straight talk…

right2bright on October 31, 2008 at 4:39 PM

This was the best intro I have ever seen. He is a real man AP – you wouldn’t understand.

DeweyWins on October 31, 2008 at 4:42 PM

BigAnge on October 31, 2008 at 4:34 PM

Great question. Sadly, I fear Hillary would have been the nominee and different groups would be polarized. At least there would have been one less Dem in the senate though.

He probably declined because it was inconsistent with his NFL talk show gig with far less gratitude. Who that’s any good would really want these jobs?

EconomicNeocon on October 31, 2008 at 4:43 PM

IBD has it a 4 point race today

jp on October 31, 2008 at 4:36 PM

And the GWU/Battleground Poll also has it at 3 points, with 7% undecided, and 47-46 just in the Battleground States.

Gallup (whose tracks have been unusually volatile) very likely had a 1-day outlier, possibly related to the Obamercial and a rally-the-troops effect, possibly just one of those things…

CK MacLeod on October 31, 2008 at 4:44 PM

Da Coach is awesome.

I had tree heart attacks just watching him.

Hening on October 31, 2008 at 4:44 PM

I love when he gets fired up. Bears!!!

token on October 31, 2008 at 4:45 PM

Da Bearsssssssssss

Kini on October 31, 2008 at 4:35 PM

FIFY.

thirteen28 on October 31, 2008 at 4:46 PM

That was great.

Made my day.

winemkr on October 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM

I know a bit about the validity of the polls.

My key point about the polling: the “hang-up” percentage, or people who refuse to be polled, is over 85%. This means there is no way to assume the sample is statistically valid (or as valid as it can be, since the true nature of everyone polled is subject to change, but that’s another story). The validity of the sample depends on the make-up of the 85%. So we have to figure out the motives for the hang-ups. So here we depart from mathematics, and enter into psychology.

Why would anyone not want to participate in a poll?
1. More McCain supporters are pressured to justify themselves than Obama supporters, so this could account for some not to want to discuss who thy support.
2. Traditional Democrat voters may not want to verbally admit they’ll be the first in several generations not to vote Democrat.
3. Closet racists will not “come out” to a mere pollster. (they may even take part in the poll, and falsely claim
to be Obama supporters).
4. They may be too busy working, especially small businessmen who work from home, who are mostly Republicans.

That probably accounts for the vast majority of those hang-ups. Now how do those poll results look to you?

stonemeister on October 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM

I ate at his restaurant and had ‘da-chop from the menu. It was glorious down to the last bite. Yes I ate all 16 ounces!

Kevin in Washington State on October 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM

right2bright on October 31, 2008 at 4:39 PM

No, you guys whine whenever he doesn’t march to your drum. I’ve never seen so many people who want this place run like an echo chamber,…well, yes I have,…. Kos and DU.

a capella on October 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Da bears,

Kini on Oct 31,2008 at 4:35PM.

Kini: Good one,ha ha,SNL skit,I remember,and Aloha!

canopfor on October 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Pollz-schmollz…you really believe the spin, AP? E-gads, just look at history for the way the polls are made and disseminated.
I’m not surprised with the snarky link to discredit someone you can’t relate to, but it’s unseemly when you have to bash Ditka before we even see the clip. I’m not a football fan, but I thought Ditka did it well, he did it his way.
I agree with SugarLand…the manure spreader is in full swing today.

Christine on October 31, 2008 at 4:50 PM

Exit question: How will McCain fare in the Super Bowl? ‘85 Bears or ‘06 Bears?

’87 Redskins.

Y-not on October 31, 2008 at 4:51 PM

Sarah Palin, ready for action on day one.

Enoxo on October 31, 2008 at 4:54 PM

CK MacLeod on October 31, 2008 at 4:44 PM

large number of undecideds is good I think, if they haven’t committed to Obama after 2 yrs of this crap they aint voting for him.

jp on October 31, 2008 at 4:57 PM

a capella on October 31, 2008 at 4:49 PM

Are you saying we aren’t allowed complain about Allah?
sounds like you are the one complaining of things not running like an echo chamber
It;s called Free speech nuthugger. Get used to it
If it was up to Allah this place would be filled with chris Hitchins and David Brooks brillance full time.
STFU

kangjie on October 31, 2008 at 4:59 PM

I agree with SugarLand…the manure spreader is in full swing today. – Christine on October 31, 2008 at 4:50 PM

heh…we’ll all be knee-deep in bullsh!t by Sunday night.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 4:59 PM

palin or mccain mentioning the 120k limit at their speeches today?

Palin just did at a rally in PA. Fox cut to it at around 4:40 live. Her teleprompter went down but you couldn’t tell.

V15J on October 31, 2008 at 5:00 PM

’87 redskins -LOL

ok…I’m better now…whoo that was funny.

~B

Brian on October 31, 2008 at 5:01 PM

This video, for me, underscored the bizarre situation we find ourselves in where only non politicians can make political speeches. Politicians measure and calculate all meaning from the words that leave their faces. They are not leaders. They are spokes models for their respective parties.

ronsfi on October 31, 2008 at 5:03 PM

Ditka run for senate!!!
Now he can kick Hussein’s ass out of the senate!

jencab on October 31, 2008 at 5:03 PM

“Da’ Cuda…Sarah Palin”

PappaMac on October 31, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Why wasn’t Russell on stage? Latrobe is in the 12th.

Ditka was All America Tight end at Pitt as well as being coach of the Bears or whatever.

forest on October 31, 2008 at 5:09 PM

‘87 redskins -LOL

ok…I’m better now…whoo that was funny.

~B

Brian on October 31, 2008 at 5:01 PM

Yeah, this team (Super Bowl XXII, played in Jan 1988):

The Redskins set the following Super Bowl records en route to the victory:
Most offensive yards (602)
Most offensive rushing yards (280)
Most touchdowns scored in a Super Bowl game (6)
Most offensive yards in a quarter (356)
Most points in a quarter (35)
Most touchdowns in a quarter (5)
The largest deficit that a team has ever overcome to win a Super Bowl (10 points)

Y-not on October 31, 2008 at 5:09 PM

The Repub-media blackout of Palin’s October Self-Surprise today isn’t going to hold. Who knew Supergirl herself would deliver the coup-de-grace to her own campaign. But she’s got four years to bone up on the Constitution – that is, if she can take time out from her voracious reading habit while she homeschools her kids.

Sheesh. Tina Fey’s got nothing on the real thing.

sanguine4 on October 31, 2008 at 5:12 PM

McCain supporters appreciate Palin.
Obama supporters fear Palin.
Saboteur elitist world citizens eschew Palin.
Americans loves Sarah Palin!

maverick muse on October 31, 2008 at 5:14 PM

LOL- do you keep those stats in your wallet?

Yea, the Broncos were so tough in ’87. I think you have them to thank for those records.

Just havin a little fun since I am a cowboy fan!

Come back off the ledge and enjoy the rest of your halloween.

~B

Brian on October 31, 2008 at 5:15 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

christene on October 31, 2008 at 5:16 PM

If only Ditka had run in 2004…

Hillary would be losing by 10 points.

Speedwagon82 on October 31, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Ditka got it right; Palin emulates everything that is good about America.

maverick muse on October 31, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Get me my dancing shoes, I feel a shuffle coming on!

bloggless on October 31, 2008 at 5:22 PM

Oh how I wish!!

I just stood in line for exactly 2 hrs. to vote at our Courthouse. The line zig-zagged 4 times. I think I saw app. 15 people over 30. I’m so depressed. It’s not gonna happen. :~(

(the panhandle of Fla.)

jatfla on October 31, 2008 at 5:22 PM

If only Ditka had run in 2004…

Hillary would be losing by 10 points.

Speedwagon82 on October 31, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Ummm…No. If Hill got the nomination, this race would’ve been over already. FL and OH would be gone, and forget about PA. Polls at the end of the primaries showed that she was much, much more likely to win than Obama. In a way, thank G*d the MSM gave us obama, at least we have a chance on Tuesday.

IR-MN on October 31, 2008 at 5:24 PM

Damn. Very, very good.

Benjamin9 on October 31, 2008 at 5:26 PM

sanguine4 on October 31, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Excuse me for being in such awe of your brainy presence.

Jeff on October 31, 2008 at 5:26 PM

sanguine4 on October 31, 2008 at 5:12 PM

Your mastery of unintentional irony is exquisite.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 5:29 PM

Oh how I wish!!

(the panhandle of Fla.)

jatfla on October 31, 2008 at 5:22 PM

And this Moby can’t even lie very well. Yeah, there’s tons of colleges in the Panhandle and the youth are certainly coming out when ever article says otherwise. Take your pathetic puke over to Dailykooks.

IR-MN on October 31, 2008 at 5:29 PM

LOL- do you keep those stats in your wallet?

No, I used Wikipedia… but I do sleep with the tape under my pillow.

Just havin a little fun since I am a cowboy fan!

Brian on October 31, 2008 at 5:15 PM

Ok, champ, but don’t push it. Try to be nice. Show us some of that Texas civility we all know and love.

My husband was a Cowboys fan growing up (Staubach era), but we had a “shotgun wedding” and he converted at the altar. However, in anticipation of possibly having to flee California and returning to Texas (should the unthinkable happen and O! wins), this season we have begun to root for the Cowboys… selectively, of course.

First the PUMAs become our allies and now this. Weird election.

Y-not on October 31, 2008 at 5:33 PM

Great job by the Coach.

And, I think AP was not so much criticizing Ditka’s performance as setting up the “guarantee of victory” line.

mikeyboss on October 31, 2008 at 5:34 PM

stonemeister on October 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM

Ever since it was revealed some of the polls had larger samplings of libs…
Lol…ahh…need I say more…

jerrytbg on October 31, 2008 at 5:34 PM

word

marklmail on October 31, 2008 at 5:35 PM

I blame Dicka for Obama. If he only ran on the Republican Senate ticket in 2006 we might not have to deal with a Obama presidency.

Lance Murdock on October 31, 2008 at 5:36 PM

IR-MN on October 31, 2008 at 5:29 PM

You’re probably right (about the moby thing) but don’t forget that Florida State is in the panhandle. Tallahassee is a… how can I put this nicely… pit. Definitely the kind of folks who would want to get their hands in their fellow citizens’ pockets.

Y-not on October 31, 2008 at 5:37 PM

Da coach rallied this crowd — and McCain and Palin will rally the troops and get elected.

Don’t fall for these stupid polls — undecideds will play a huge role, and there’s every reason to believe they’ll break for McCain.

Richard Romano on October 31, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Are you saying we aren’t allowed complain about Allah?

No, you can complain all you like.

Huh?

It;s called Free speech nuthugger. Get used to it

I think it’s called bad manners. If you don’t like being a guest here,..go somewhere else.

STFU

kangjie on October 31, 2008 at 4:59 PM

Ah, I particularly like the STFU reference after lecturing me earlier on the benefits of free speech. Sounds like you don’t think much of Malkin’s decision making skills. Why don’t you go over there and tell her?

a capella on October 31, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Da Coach!

I thought that was an excellent intro

jdsmith0021 on October 31, 2008 at 5:58 PM

Iran can now block Israeli subs
ConservativePartyNow on October 31, 2008 at 4:32 PM

Somehow I ain’t worried at all by the Iranian Navy.

Akzed on October 31, 2008 at 4:38 PM

Yeah, baby. Because our Navy has tight ends like Ditka, who can catch and block. In two days, the Revolutionary Guards will be wearing aprons.

smellthecoffee on October 31, 2008 at 6:00 PM

I like the way she turns to the microphone after an introduction, ready to get down to bidness.

surrounded on October 31, 2008 at 6:02 PM

‘85 Bears or ‘06 Bears?

’88 Niners, ya total downer.

Coach Ditka versus The entire Democratic House Caucus. No flags, no two hand touch, full contact?

Ditka!

SuperCool on October 31, 2008 at 6:10 PM

I can’t wait to see Sarah tomorrow in Raleigh! WOOT! I’ll take plenty of pictures for y’all!

SouthernGent on October 31, 2008 at 6:11 PM

“Take your pathetic puke over to Dailykooks.”

Good Grief!!! I was just telling you what I saw today. We are among the 3 McCain signs in our entire neighborhood.

(jeeezz)

jatfla on October 31, 2008 at 6:11 PM

Ditka knows how to get them fired up! They should have started using him a long time ago!

BTW, let me just say that as a Bears fan, I’m happy that my first Hot Air post is for a video with Da Coach. :)

VanPalin on October 31, 2008 at 6:11 PM

I love how Gov. Palin is wearing a long white robe!!! I’m sure the DU and Kossies are going beserk! LOL.

SouthernGent on October 31, 2008 at 6:14 PM

a capella on October 31, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Glad you like it. Here is another one. STFU
I can go where I want when I want without asking you for any advice.
In fact most HAers could probably get along without you(shocking I know).
I can tell Malkin right from here as per the comments.
Anything else you need to know girly man?
Newsflash you suck!!!

kangjie on October 31, 2008 at 6:39 PM

I was waiting for a Republican to make the statement the coach made. “Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” The libratards can not even comprehend that statement anymore. The new dem party wants the people to “ask not what I can do for that racist pit of hateland, ask what can uncle handout give me for nothing and who do I have to vote for to make that happen?”

cobrakai99 on October 31, 2008 at 7:25 PM

“Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.” – a Democrat 1960

“I won’t have to worry about putting gas in my car or paying my mortgage” – a Democrat a couple of days ago

forest on October 31, 2008 at 7:44 PM

’72 Dolphins… 50/0 undefeated.

CC – BHO: “my Muslim faith”

CapedConservative on October 31, 2008 at 7:52 PM

I was there, and the crowd was ENERGIZED!!!

Mike Ditka spoke from the heart and heartened the spirit of those who believe in America, its liberty and opportunity. He gave a rousing intro that needed no embellishment.

Bill Russell was at the airport entry shaking hands and building his coalition of supporters. I shook his hand with pride.

Governor Palin’s delivery was flawless. She needs no teleprompters. She knows what she believes. She is a champion of American optimism and can-do spirit. As a political figure, she has a servant’s heart, recognizing she is accountable to the will of the electorate and for their pursestrings.

Had I known that I would be so close to the stage, I would have brought along a camera to record the event. The big surprise and reward was to see Todd Palin and the three youngest children (including Trig) on the stage. Sarah Palin is even more beautiful in person than she appears on television. The wholesome beauty of that family shines through because of their authenticity and humility.

There were plenty of “Democrats for McCain” signs waving in the air.

The whole experience can be summarized in the McCain-Palin ’08 Rosie the Riveter campaign pin: “We Can Do It!”

onlineanalyst on October 31, 2008 at 8:14 PM

Heartfelt. Good job coach.

Zorro on October 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM

SouthernGent on October 31, 2008 at 6:14 PM

How can she do something so blatantly RAAAAAAAAAAAAAACIST?

VanPalin on October 31, 2008 at 9:59 PM

He is SSSSOOOOO NOT a Noonan type.

Good.