Shep to the “Dear Mr. Obama” guy: How is it disrespectful to call the war a mistake?

posted at 8:51 pm on October 31, 2008 by Allahpundit

Eleven million views on YouTube later, he’s finally landed in Studio B. Reminiscent of the Joe the Plumber interview from the other day insofar as Shep’s clearly cutting him extra slack for not being a professional talking head (and for being a disabled vet, of course) and just as clearly not taken with every aspect of his argument. The money quote from the “Dear Mr. Obama” clip embedded below:

When you call the Iraqi war a mistake, you disrespect the service and the sacrifice of everyone who has died promoting freedom.

What he’s really getting at here, I suspect, is the rhetorical tapdance Democratic leaders have been doing for five years in insisting simultaneously that the war was an epic miscalculation but that no soldier who’s served in it has died in vain. That’s a classic case of political convenience trumping logical coherence, which explains why both Pelosi and The One — in one of his feeblest moments on the trail — have strained so hard to try to square the circle. You can oppose the war while supporting the troops, but you can’t then claim (persuasively, at least) that those troops’ lives were well spent. Cook, I think, is extrapolating quite reasonably from The One’s anti-war rhetoric that he regards fallen soldiers as having laid down their lives for nothing. As a matter of record, Obama doesn’t believe that. As a matter of logic, draw your own conclusions.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Allah check out the stuff I sent you about Murtha fits into this very well.

William Amos on October 31, 2008 at 8:53 PM

The single best ad of this campaign. EVAH

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 8:53 PM

War.

The Race Card on October 31, 2008 at 8:55 PM

You can’t support the troops if you don’t support what they are doing. It’s a ignorant concept only a Dem could try to fly.

Hog Wild on October 31, 2008 at 8:59 PM

You know, I’ve asked these people that say “I support the Soldiers, but not the war”, in what ways do you support the soldiers? How can you say you are supporting them, if you are unwilling to support the missions they are sacrificing to complete?

I have yet to get a satisfactory answer.

Canadian Imperialist Running Dog on October 31, 2008 at 9:01 PM

Nice timing for the interview, at least. Doesn’t give the Orcs much time to disembowel his background and reputation before the election.

RushBaby on October 31, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Why isnt this guy on the trail with McCain!!

Viper1 on October 31, 2008 at 9:05 PM

so awesome. and I have to say, someone posted this on another page, but, this ALWAYS chokes me up. SUCH A GOOD ONE. Blast these everywhere.

Mommypundit on October 31, 2008 at 9:05 PM

Prostitution is a mistake but I stand behind the hookers.

bbz123 on October 31, 2008 at 9:06 PM

While it’s theoretically possible to have a legitimate strategic case against the war and yet be a full patriot, thus supporting “the Soldiers, but not the war,” the vast majority of people taking this line are Sheehanist, Code Pink types who sneeringly “support the troops…enough to bring them home.”

:spit:

Hannibal Smith on October 31, 2008 at 9:07 PM

What a man who stands up, missing 1/2 of himself to do it.

You are right, ManlyRash.

gracie on October 31, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Timely: “I owe America more than she’ll ever owe me.”

Good gosh…contrast that with “I wont have to work to make my mortgage and pay gas if Obama gets in office.” I want to cry with pride over our country.

Mommypundit on October 31, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Shep is kind of idiotic at times.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Shep is a moron, a total tool of The One, I guess the reasoning at Fox is if Obama’s good enough for O’Reilly he’s good enough for the rest. Military votes for Obama? Asking a hero, an amputee, this is beyond outrage, Shep is a F’in whore….

All Hail the Death of America

dmann on October 31, 2008 at 9:08 PM

RushBaby on October 31, 2008 at 9:03 PM

Good point. I bet the guy owes child support.

SlimyBill on October 31, 2008 at 9:08 PM

You vote for the war, the war starts, there are no mulligans. The vote is forever, final, the outcome is what the outcome is. I know it’s probably too simple a concept for Democrats to understand.

tarpon on October 31, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Why isnt this guy on the trail with McCain!!
Viper1 on October 31, 2008 at 9:05 PM

That would require thinking on behalf of Camp McCain! They gave up on that and now rely on dice, tea leaves and osmosis.

Way better message and more genuine than Joe the Plumber IMHO.

The Race Card on October 31, 2008 at 9:09 PM

(quote was from the mccain ad I copied from someone else’s post…not the soldier’s ad)

Mommypundit on October 31, 2008 at 9:10 PM

dmann on October 31, 2008 at 9:08 PM

Well…aren’t YOU are ray of farking sunshine on a rainy day.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:15 PM

The Race Card on October 31, 2008 at 9:09 PM

Blah blah, carp, whine, piss, moan and bitch. You remind me of the Randy Quaid character in Major League. Total douchebag.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:16 PM

This spot gives me goosebumps everytime I see it. When he turns and walks from the camera it just takes my breath away. Sgt. Cook presents himself honestly and coherently in his responses to Shep. God bless him.
I don’t get what Shep is getting at. The troops don’t get to choose what they do and where they go. We have to support them no matter what. No Matter What. NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!
Sometimes Shep sux. What a sucky day its been.

ctmom on October 31, 2008 at 9:17 PM

You are right, ManlyRash. – Gracie on October 31, 2008 at 9:07 PM

Every time I see that ad I cry. And any man who can watch the end of that and and not weep has no heart and is no man.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Never seen that video…amazing. I’d have that man by my side at many a campaign stops.

V15J on October 31, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Sometimes Shep sux. What a sucky day its been. – ctmom on October 31, 2008 at 9:17 PM

Much like Bill O’Reilly, Shep Smith only has love in his heart for himself. There is a special place in Hell reserved for the likes of them.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:20 PM

Obama- determined to lose a war to show he’s foolishly consistent.

Barry bows to the hobgoblin of small minds.

profitsbeard on October 31, 2008 at 9:21 PM

Dear Leaders response,

Dear Mr. (looks at wrist) Uh, um, eh, …..

While…I, uh, um, uh,…..I have always said that uh, um, eh, um,…..You wanting to spread, uh, uh, uh, I, uh, um, uh…..spreading freedom is quite selfish. Don’t you, uh, um, uh, think?

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 9:21 PM

all I can say every time I see this kid…

Kaptain Amerika on October 31, 2008 at 9:22 PM

I’ve wondered for a long time why Shep has 2 separate shows …. He’s so blasted opinionated, has always demonstrated a sexist attitude toward Sarah Palin and lovesssss the sound of his own voice.

Gull on October 31, 2008 at 9:23 PM

Smith is a wise ass and is really hung up on himself. Where in the devil do they dig up these talking heads?

rplat on October 31, 2008 at 9:23 PM

This guy has guts period, Smith is a pinhead

KBird on October 31, 2008 at 9:24 PM

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:18 PM

Tru dat, playa.

I’m glad he’s on our side. God bless him.

He reminds me of Capt. Ivan Castro.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 9:25 PM

This guy’s ad made me cry. How anyone can support Obama and his anti-American policies is beyond me. I was 14 during the Cuban missile crisis. My father was a Navy medical officer and we were stationed in Panama, and, although he couldn’t talk much about it, we knew the situation was dire. He told us about it later, and I realized the danger in which an inexperienced President had placed America and the world. And Kennedy was a loyal American.

Obama frightens me to death. He is a Marxist, an authoritarian, with the belief that America owes him something. Does anyone here believe that, faced with an equivalent crisis, Obama wouldn’t cave?

Shep has some nerve asking a question like that of a veteran who has sacrificed for his country like this man has. He may love Obama, but what will it gain us if he caves to America’s enemies? Not to mention when he inflicts his Marxist beliefs on our society?

This election terrifies me. And I *will* be voting McCain/Palin on Nov. 4.

hachiban on October 31, 2008 at 9:29 PM

Our lost soldiers no matter what war have family.

Children, Brothers, Sisters, Fathers, Mothers, Cousins, Grandmas, Grandpas and Friends.

For any American to say our heroes died for a mistake is repulsive and they should be ridiculed forever.

No matter what war, no matter what context.

Damn them.

freedomplow on October 31, 2008 at 9:30 PM

Shep should be working at NBC. Forget about Shep. Sgt. Joe Cook, you are an American hero. Thank you, sir, for the sacrifice that you have given to your country.

d1carter on October 31, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Shep, and most people who never served, can never know or understand.

No country can decide that circumstances require it to send its men (and now women) into war, with all of its inhumanity, death, dispair, fear, courage, fire and brimstone, tears and rejoicing, only to say; “Oops. This is a mistake. Sorry your friends died. Sorry you lost your ability to walk. Sorry you lost your eyes. Sorry you wake up at night in a sweat. Sorry you are not welcome in society.”

In the old “Prince Valiant” comics, the “Singing Sword” couldn’t be unsheathed unless it was absolutely needed and it would taste blood. That’s the way war is. We hope to God that there is no need, but if it is decided that it is needed, unleash the sword and tell our men and women to vanquish the enemy quickly, decisively and to come home in good health, to live out their lives with our undying gratitude and honor. If we can’t do that, if the next president can’t do that, then the next time we are hit, simply say; “I’m sorry if we offended you and we will not strike back. We are at your mercy.”

It all comes down to who we elect to lead our country and make that decision.

Star20 on October 31, 2008 at 9:31 PM

Joe the Soldier.

Thank you for keeping my wife and daughter safe, sir.

Tony737 on October 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Count me among those who cried when they watched this video. The person who said it takes your breath away when Joe walks away from the camera was spot on.

(Just for the record since we’re talking about crying, contrary to popular opinion here, I’m not a guy.)

May God richly bless Joe, and Lord, please bless America.

capitalist piglet on October 31, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Hey leave Shep Smith alone! I honestly don’t know what his politics are. He seems to ask tough questions of both Republicans and Democrats. Isn’t that what we want? Would you prefer a network like MSNBC that doesn’t ask a single tough question of Dems? – terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Shep is a self-serving tool.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:36 PM

May God richly bless Joe, and Lord, please bless America.
capitalist piglet on October 31, 2008 at 9:35 PM

Vote on November 4, CP. Bring everyone you can to the polls with you.

Remember: friends don’t let friends vote for Obama.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:37 PM

Shep is a self-serving tool.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:36 PM

Sure he is. Name me a news anchor on cable news who isn’t?

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Well the other thing I always feel the need to point out in such discussions, is that they call the war a mistake, etc. etc. But then they say the troops are doing great work and fighting for our country, etc. Well, if we shouldn’t be there, then how is the work great and how are they fighting for us. It just doesn’t work.

RightWinged on October 31, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Sure he is. Name me a news anchor on cable news who isn’t?
terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Mehgan Kelly.

capitalist piglet on October 31, 2008 at 9:43 PM

Shep is a self indulgent, whiner with a narcissistic bent. He is totally hung up on himself and gains great satisfaction form putting others down . . . and no, that’s not what I want.

rplat on October 31, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Sargeant Cook, thank you for your courageous service.
God bless you sir.

Mulligan on October 31, 2008 at 9:46 PM

Sure he is. Name me a news anchor on cable news who isn’t? – terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:40 PM

Megyn Kelly.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Shep is SUCH a prima donna! You better work, Miss Diva!

SouthernGent on October 31, 2008 at 9:50 PM

Barack Hussein Obama does NOT stop to think about what he says. It’s a sign of immaturity. Read on:

Sources: Sarkozy views Obama stance on Iran as ‘utterly immature’

French President Nicolas Sarkozy is very critical of U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama’s positions on Iran, according to reports that have reached Israel’s government.

Sarkozy has made his criticisms only in closed forums in France. But according to a senior Israeli government source, the reports reaching Israel indicate that Sarkozy views the Democratic candidate’s stance on Iran as “utterly immature” and comprised of “formulations empty of all content.”

2008. The year The One (Barack Obama) … Lost.

AdrianS on October 31, 2008 at 9:50 PM

So someone has to think that every war that the U.S. has ever been in, and stayed in, or ever was in or ever will be in, even under LBJ, even under Clinton, even under an Obama in the future, was/is/will be a good idea or “you disrespect the service and the sacrifice of everyone who has died promoting freedom”?

Illogical.

MB4 on October 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Shep acting very O’Reilly-ish here. Threading the needle trying not to piss off the dems should they hold this lead and win.
I would not have pressed him at all, but then again I am not trying to walk both sides of the fence.

Bless you Sgt. Cook.

FireBlogger on October 31, 2008 at 9:52 PM

Mehgan Kelly.

Sure. I believe you.

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:53 PM

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:32 PM

Chill, asking a disabled vet who walked the talk in the war about how many of his brothers are suckin Obama’s tool is beyond the pale. Shep is a clueless moron, an insult, dog crap in the vibrams…got it?

dmann on October 31, 2008 at 9:54 PM

That ad gave me chills and tears.

The Messiah makes me want to upchuck whenever I hear his voice because he spews such empty rhetoric. I wish this could have been out sooner, juxtaposed to BHO’s discussion of how he’s going to cut military spending.

tru2tx on October 31, 2008 at 9:54 PM

Illogical. – MB4 on October 31, 2008 at 9:51 PM

Obama voted against the very Surge that made vistory in Iraq possible.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:55 PM

Sure. I believe you. – terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:53 PM

I guess you haven’t seen Megyn in action all that often, have you, dear?

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:56 PM

Shep is a self indulgent, whiner with a narcissistic bent. He is totally hung up on himself and gains great satisfaction from putting others down . . . and no, that’s not what I want.

rplat on October 31, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Fine. But the self indulgent whiner is the only anchor I know of that has given television time to let this brave soldier speak his mind.

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:58 PM

I guess you haven’t seen Megyn in action all that often, have you, dear?

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:56 PM

I watch her show sometimes. Honestly, she’s not that impressive as an anchor.

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 10:02 PM

What I don’t understand, is why the troops support the American people? 49.999% of us are dorks.

Blake on October 31, 2008 at 10:02 PM

Obama voted against the very Surge that made vistory in Iraq possible.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 9:55 PM

MB4 on October 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM

Blake,

Great point! Never heard that question. I think you know why, though. Its just the way they are.

Star20 on October 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM

The troops support the American people because they are the finest example of what we are.

I have a son in the Navy and a daughter in the Marines. They would fight even for the rights of the people who dissent and scream obscenities at them.

I am not so tolerant.

hachiban on October 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM

Thanks Sarg

Wade on October 31, 2008 at 10:07 PM

MB4,

I just read today that i believe it was in the last month that we suffered four times our casualties in Iraq, in Chicago.

Think about it.

Star20 on October 31, 2008 at 10:09 PM

Shep, these were my friends.

CW3 Chris Algier
CW2 Josh Rogers

They died with three other 82nd Airborne Troopers and two British soldiers in Flipper 75.

The war is only a mistake if you allow it to be. You in the press have that power. We don’t. We only fight in it.

I will never watch Sheppard Smith again.

hawkdriver on October 31, 2008 at 10:10 PM

When I hear that line supporting troops but not the war… I always say, ” The men ARE the mission, you idiot!”…. it leaves them stuttering.

MNDavenotPC on October 31, 2008 at 10:13 PM

My sister made the mistake of reading a newspaper one day. She said the only way she can be happy is to totally stay away from all that crap. Another sister said she read news online but had to stop because she got depressed at the stupidity of the people commenting.

I didn’t watch this video. It’s too depressing to think of the idiots who have this nation in a strangle-hold.

Shep Smith can act like Joe the Plumber is crazy – unless and until The LA Times shows the Obama – Khalidi tape. And he doesn’t have to worry about that ever happening. It’s sick.

justincase on October 31, 2008 at 10:14 PM

MB4,

Think about it.

Star20 on October 31, 2008 at 10:09 PM

I long ago crossed off both Chicago and Baghdad as possible retirement locations.

MB4 on October 31, 2008 at 10:14 PM

My sister made the mistake of reading a newspaper one day.

justincase on October 31, 2008 at 10:14 PM

Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.
- Mark Twain

MB4 on October 31, 2008 at 10:18 PM

The video’s probably the best McCain non-spot I’ve seen (though I think it’d have significantly more impact without the Lee Greenwood at the end, and simply overlaid the “McCain for President” logo on the screen as Cook walks away). I know people have been trained by the media to forget about Iraq for a while now, first with endless coverage of gas prices, and now that those are back down with catastrophizing over the stock market. There’s not much time left, but are there any plans to cut that into a TV spot?

Blacklake on October 31, 2008 at 10:20 PM

My sister made the mistake of reading a newspaper one day.

justincase on October 31, 2008 at 10:14 PM

If you don’t read the newspaper you are uninformed. If you do read the newspaper you are misinformed.
- Mark Twain

MB4 on October 31, 2008 at 10:20 PM

How long is Fox going to put up with the likes of Shep Smith? The man is a total Ass and first class JERK.Fox needs to put Shep,O,Reilly and Allen Colmes on the same show at 3am and call it (The Three A**Holes).

thmcbb on October 31, 2008 at 10:28 PM

I read about valet parking at a VA Hospital. What a brilliant idea. When I go to my VA Hospital I would love to have valet parking.

I wish Sgt. Cook and his partner all the success in the world.

Helloyawl on October 31, 2008 at 10:30 PM

Illogical.

Way to totally airball-miss the point! LOL!

IMHO, we were on the wrong side in the Balkans (the Serbian people – although not Milosevic – got a raw deal). I was active duty Air Force at the time, and had friends who deployed to the region. The difference, Mr. Logic, is that those of us who support the troops didn’t go around yelling and screaming about it being a mistake, didn’t try to thwart the military efforts by cutting off funds, didn’t march in the streets, didn’t say “you died for a mistake,” etc. etc. ad nauseum. We had opinions, but we supported Bill Clinton/Wesley Clark in what they did to try to succeed in the mission.

Big. Huge. Difference.

THAT is the logic you missed.

bamapachyderm on October 31, 2008 at 10:34 PM

And for the record, I despised Clinton (and still do, although he’s exponentially preferable to the Obamateur) and Wesley Clark (ditto), as did most of us in uniform back then. Expect a lot of pissed-off active duty military again, if The One becomes Commander Community Organizer in Chief.

bamapachyderm on October 31, 2008 at 10:36 PM

MB4,

Good joke, but this is one of the things I don’t get about the left, which I assume you are a part of….

Why all of the shredding of clothes, and crying to the gods over the war in Iraq, when the people of “The One” are killing each other in American cities, over crap like Air Jordan shoes?

This is similar to the Obama’s argument proposing free college, when inner city kids are dropping out of high school at rates of 50% to 75%!

To the left, the enemy is George Bush and Republicans.

The real enemy loves that about you.

Star20 on October 31, 2008 at 10:37 PM

“You vote for the war, the war starts, there are no mulligans. The vote is forever, final, the outcome is what the outcome is…. “tarpon on October 31, 2008 at 9:09 PM

You said it well

Jamson64 on October 31, 2008 at 10:38 PM

My guess – Shep the blow-dry will punch the chad for Obama on Tuesday.

whitetop on October 31, 2008 at 10:39 PM

Sure. I believe you.
terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:53 PM

What kind of response is that?

Do you think Mehgan Kelly is a “self-serving tool”, or not? If so, then why? You’re the one who issued the challenge.

capitalist piglet on October 31, 2008 at 10:40 PM

How long is Fox going to put up with the likes of Shep Smith?

No kidding. He’s a hysterical primadonna and his sarcasm while presenting the news (!) makes me think I’m watching Olbermann. He’s a disgrace. Of course, don’t tell a lib Shep’s their boy – they’re convinced that FNC ONLY has conservative pundits (i.e. Hannity) doing hard news. LOL.

BTW, I like O’Reilly. :P
(I know why most of you don’t, though – I used to detest him too, but I got used to him.)

bamapachyderm on October 31, 2008 at 10:41 PM

Star20 on October 31, 2008 at 10:37 PM

I have been saying that those that are low income only have a right to bitch when they:
1) Graduate High School
2) Stay out of jail
3) Do not get pregnant or impregnate others.

If you do not do these things at the very lease it won’t matter how many Obamas we elect.

Jamson64 on October 31, 2008 at 10:41 PM

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 9:58 PM

Do you believe that Shep is the one who decided Joe Cook would be on his show?

capitalist piglet on October 31, 2008 at 10:42 PM

My guess – Shep the blow-dry will punch the chad for Obama on Tuesday.

whitetop on October 31, 2008 at 10:39 PM

But isn’t it a good thing that u are guessing and actually aren’t certain? Is there any doubt anyone’s mind who Olby and Chris Matthews are voting for?

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 10:42 PM

MB4 on October 31, 2008 at 10:20 PM

Exactly. How can a free nation survive this condition? These media jerkwads are stealing my country.

I’m mad as hell and I’m not gonna take it any more! So what do I do? Stop reading what I don’t read anyway? Sigh.

justincase on October 31, 2008 at 10:42 PM

Shep, like Tarzan, swings from one nut to the other on Obama’s nut sack hairs.

csdeven on October 31, 2008 at 10:44 PM

Shep Smith Smoking Gun

hawkdriver on October 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM

I’m still trying to ascertain exactly what this “Victory” in Iraq has gained us that is worth the cost in blood and treasure and the democrat gains in congress in 2006 and a probable Obama Presidency and why we are still at “Surge levels” if we have this “Victory” in Iraq and why Islamic Nation Building is so good. – MB4 on October 31, 2008 at 10:05 PM

If you have not ascertained that by now, you are either too stupid or too blindly partisan for any argument, however factual and eloquent, to have any effect.

Your vote for Obama will have been in vain. He will lose.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Do you believe that Shep is the one who decided Joe Cook would be on his show?

capitalist piglet on October 31, 2008 at 10:42 PM

I have no idea. Maybe, maybe not. My guess is the program is under his name so he has some sort of say who interviews. He’s not completely clueless.

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 10:47 PM

I guess you had to be there.

Purple Fingers!

hawkdriver on October 31, 2008 at 10:48 PM

War. War never changes.

Dr. Manhattan on October 31, 2008 at 10:51 PM

capitalist piglet on October 31, 2008 at 10:40 PM

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 10:52 PM

MB4 on October 31, 2008 at 10:14 PM

You really ought to consider Texas. You’re a pet lover, right? Here we can protect our families from coyotes without guilt, concern, or fear of reprisals. By this, of course, I mean, we trap their furry scrawny little selves and bannish exile relocate them to more suitable wilderness.

RushBaby on October 31, 2008 at 10:53 PM

The Bottom line is that the Dims, led by Pelosi, Reid, Schumer, Emanuel, Murtha, Dodd, and Barnie Frankenstein, would rather lose this war to win their political agenda. To the Dims, they could care less if our soldiers die in vain. And that’s the truth about these scumbags.

Travis1 on October 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM

Travis1 on October 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM

The truth.

But you forgot Dear Leader.

hawkdriver on October 31, 2008 at 11:06 PM

Those who profess to support the troops must also support their mission–the two are intrinsic.To do other wise is to say DIRECTLY TO THEIR FACES you consider their effort and sacrifice MEANINGLESS.

irongrampa on October 31, 2008 at 11:08 PM

People who like being on television and being recognized must have some sort of “toolishness” to them, IMHO. Also, interviewers who like to rip their guests apart and humiliate them (like I’ve seen Kelly do) have to be somewhat self-serving. – terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 10:52 PM

The difference being that Megyn tears into lying hypocrites to expose them for the frauds they are. Smith and O’Reilly are sucking up to Obama because they believe (mistakenly) that he will be the next president.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:09 PM

I sent the link to the original youtube (12 million+ views!) to a ton of people and asked them to forward it.

We need to do the job the media will not.

Stop Obama.

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on October 31, 2008 at 11:13 PM

The truth.
But you forgot Dear Leader.
hawkdriver on October 31, 2008 at 11:06 PM

But Dear Leader is actually their puppet who does what these Dims say. So if he should win, we will have a puppet for President. “Good Morning, Mr. Puppet,” says Rahm Emmanuel after he takes over life of the puppet at the White House.

Travis1 on October 31, 2008 at 11:17 PM

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:09 PM

What is up with this Shep Smith and O’Reilly “sucking up” to Obama comment? I saw O’Reilly interview Obama, I think he actually gave Obama a pretty tough interview. It definitely wasn’t the MSNBC treatment. Shep Smith just pointed out that some Iraqi vets might be voting for Obama. Is that not true?

terryannonline on October 31, 2008 at 11:17 PM

RushBaby on October 31, 2008 at 9:03 PM

My immediate reaction to this (for which I immediately felt horribly guilty) was that I wish they would try.

If the attack on Joe the Plumber had a backlash, can you imagine the reaction if the left tried to personally destroy this guy?

But, it would be way out of line to ask this guy to step into the line of fire for his country yet again.

ClintACK on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 PM