Obama kicks dissenting reporters off plane

posted at 10:25 am on October 31, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Remember the outrage when John McCain’s campaign kicked Maureen Dowd off of his airplane in Pennsylvania?  I wonder whether the same defenders of Truth and Journalism will bother to squeak up now that Barack Obama has cleared his own plane of dissenters.  Reporters from the New York Post, Washington Times, and Dallas Morning News have been declared persona non grata after their editors endorsed McCain:

The Obama campaign has decided to heave out three newspapers from its plane for the final days of its blitz across battleground states — and all three endorsed Sen. John McCain for president!

The NY POST, WASHINGTON TIMES and DALLAS MORNING NEWS have all been told to move out by Sunday to make room for network bigwigs — and possibly for the inclusion of reporters from two black magazines, ESSENCE and JET, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned. …

Some told the DRUDGE REPORT that the reporters are being ousted to bring on documentary film-makers to record the final days; others expect to see on board more sympathetic members of the media, including the NY TIMES’ Maureen Dowd, who once complained that she was barred from McCain’s Straight Talk Express airplane.

This seems like a strange time to upset the applecart.  Why not do this a month ago?  Anyone could have predicted that the Post and the Times would endorse McCain, and the Morning News was not much of a surprise, either.

Had they acted a few weeks ago, they could have made it look like Team Obama wanted to give secondary media outlets a chance.  Now it just looks like vindictiveness, and perhaps even worse.  Obama and his supporters have gotten vicious with reporters who ask questions and do research that put Obama in a bad light, and this adds to the general pattern we’ve seen since the primaries.

It also looks a little self-indulgent.  Obama’s clearing room on the plane for — what?  Documentarians who will produce hagiographies about his historic importance.  That fits into another pattern we’ve seen for months, one marked with fake presidential seals, The Barackopolis, and infomercials.  In the coming Age of Obama, only the worshipers will get front-row seats to history.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I wonder what percentage of HA commenters will get an IRS audit in ‘09.

Limerick on October 31, 2008 at 11:05 AM

110%

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 31, 2008 at 11:06 AM

Double-Talk Express

marklmail on October 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

I wonder what percentage of HA commenters will get an IRS audit in ‘09.

Limerick on October 31, 2008 at 11:05 AM

Why? Because some people here are harsh on McCain? McCain does not hold those kind of grudges.

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

Maybe Peggy Noonan is working for Jet after discovering her inna sistah!

eaglewingz08 on October 31, 2008 at 11:08 AM

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2008 at 11:07 AM

shhhhhhhhh…..(I’m trying to reach the Eeyores and Gumbys.)

Limerick on October 31, 2008 at 11:08 AM

This is the “freedom” of the press that Barry and Joe have in mind!

grapeknutz on October 31, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Limerick

Oh, I suspect anyone who ever wrote in a thread using words like Liberty, individualism, patriotism, honor, morality, ethics….. you get the idea… gonna be a BIG party where we’re going, ya think?

MNDavenotPC on October 31, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Let me see… how about this:

All three newspapers follow the NYT journalistic standards and simply print what they think will be most harmful. On Monday and Tuesday, each runs multiple stories saying that “Obama Now Says Taxes To Be Increased On All” and “Obama Will Fund Programs By Eliminating Military” and “Obama Will Disable Our Nuclear Weapons” and “Obama Caught Molesting Young Child” and whatever else might come to mind. Never mind if anything is true or not… just go for the MOST harmful headline and then do a retraction on Wednesday.

Works for me…

CC – BHO: “my Muslim faith”

CapedConservative on October 31, 2008 at 11:09 AM

shhhhhhhhh…..(I’m trying to reach the Eeyores and Gumbys.)

Limerick on October 31, 2008 at 11:08 AM

Oh, I see. : )

carbon_footprint on October 31, 2008 at 11:09 AM

I wonder what percentage of HA commenters will get an IRS audit in ‘09.

The only reason it won’t hit 100% is that some are from overseas.

teke184 on October 31, 2008 at 11:09 AM

Obama:
Rezko, Ayers, Wright, Rashidi, wealth redistributor, unhappy with the constitution, won’t voluntarily release birth certificate or medical records, voted present who knows how many times but DID take a stand to let babies born alive die in soiled utility closets, almost a billion in earmarks in under 3 years (with quite a bit to clients of Biden’s kid), has NEVER ONCE voted to lower taxes, and BANS reporters who either ask actual questions or endorse the other candidate, didn’t tell his minions to back off Joe the Plumber, won’t release donors list, accepts fake contributions online, and I’m so sick now I just can’t even type anymore.

McCain:
War hero, didn’t go home when he could have but didn’t because it was wrong, has NEVER ONCE taken an earmark, never runs from taking a position, has truly reached across the aisle, never runs from the press, picked Palin, and has served his country his entire life.

Hero vs Zero. I don’t understand why the race is this close!!!

JustTruth101 on October 31, 2008 at 11:10 AM

The MSM is of the opinion that WE MADE him president. Their in for a big surprise. They think he’s “inaccessable” now, just wait if he’s elected president. Any criticism of THE ONE will probably be classified as a federal hate / race crime.

GarandFan on October 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Kos doesn’t have to worry about it. They don’t pay taxes.

marklmail on October 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM

Peggy Noonan’s probably sitting at her desk wondering, “Whoa, wait a minute! I thought one of those seats was for me!” – BigD on October 31, 2008 at 10:50 AM

Peggy Noonan is crapping in her Depends right now because she booked passage on Titanic instead of Olympic.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Good one!

I like your optimistic attitude.

Bob's Kid on October 31, 2008 at 11:13 AM

Kos doesn’t have to worry about it. They don’t pay taxes. – marklmail on October 31, 2008 at 11:11 AM

The Kos Kidz will be melting down on November 5. It will be fun to watch.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Tammy Bruce once called Obama the turtle on a post:

While suturing a cut on the hand of a 75 year old rancher who’s hand was caught in the gate while working cattle, the doctor struck up a conversation with the old man. Eventually, the topic got around to Obama and his bid to be our president.

The old rancher said, ‘Well, ya know, Obama is a “Post Turtle”.

Not being familiar with the term, the doctor asked him what a “post turtle” was.

The old rancher said, “When you’re driving down a country road, and you come across a fence post with a turtle balanced on top, that’s a ‘post turtle’”.

The old rancher saw the puzzled look on the doctor’s face, so he continued to explain, “You know he didn’t get up there by himself, he doesn’t belong up there, and he doesn’t know what to do while he’s up there, and you just wonder what kind of dumbass put him up there to begin with.”

Vic on October 31, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Whooooooooooooooo cares?

McCain banned Maureen Dowd and Joe Klein.

Another non-story from the Desperate Express.

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Sieg Heil, Mein Führer . . . I’m departing your airplane.

rplat on October 31, 2008 at 11:17 AM

ROFL Poetry!

LimeyGeek on October 31, 2008 at 11:18 AM

This is neither hopey nor changey. Oh well, I’m sure he can just blame it on an overzealous campaign worker.

Matticus Finch on October 31, 2008 at 11:20 AM

I disagree …er…I mean, you’re right.

Fuquay Steve on October 31, 2008 at 11:21 AM

What is the difference in a Socialist and a Communist?

One calls their “civilian security force” the Gestapo and the other calls it Stasi. Otherwise, same difference.

mjk on October 31, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Whooooooooooooooo cares?

McCain banned Maureen Dowd and Joe Klein.

Another non-story from the Desperate Express.

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Yes…..two leftard Obama shill “journalists”, versus 3 fair balanced newspapers……….

Apples do taste like oranges after all, don’t they DryWall……

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 11:21 AM

Welcome to Orthodoxy in propaganda reporting.

Mark30339 on October 31, 2008 at 11:21 AM

The Obama seal, the Berlin speech, the Greek pillars in Denver, the Grant Park plans, fund-raising for his transition, leaks about his cabinet and advisors, throwing out journalists, the messiah videos and photographs, refusal to say the Pledge of Allegiance, ACORN, Rezko, Ayers, Wright, Khalidi, law suits against dissenters– apparently there is no bridge that is too far for The One.

obladioblada on October 31, 2008 at 11:21 AM

I wonder what percentage of HA commenters will get an IRS audit in ‘09.

I wonder if I’m going to get audited, then deported. I have spent almost seven months mocking Senator HopeNChange, after all.

mjk on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Apples do taste like oranges after all, don’t they DryWall……

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 11:21 AM
————-
Nobody cares about reporters getting shooed off planes.

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

DO NOT QUESTION OFraud, Grand High King of Duplicitousness, Defrauder of God Himself (Funds Be Upon Him).

BKennedy on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:17 AM

What size Brownshirt do you wear, DryWall?

Small, medium, or Extremely Loyal?

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Sieg Heil!

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 11:24 AM

Three News papers endorses McCain. That is cool. The other day, I had to pass some time at the airport. So I was desperate and turned on Michael Savage. I know. But when I am feeling very scared, and have anger. Then music makes me get more angry. He has a big head. But, some things he says is right on. Notice I said some things. Any way, I guess he endorsed McCain. I kind of chuckled. But, he was bragging about that is why McCain was climbing up now. I don’t care if he is right. I just want McCain to win. Maybe the papers that were kicked off the plane. Will be able to dig something up on Nobama. It is getting close. The sheep are still in the herd. Something has to give, and the sheep need to be sheered. Their eyes have to much wool over them.

sheebe on October 31, 2008 at 11:24 AM

Whooooooooooooooo cares?

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:17 AM

Have another drink Rywall.

jeff_from_mpls on October 31, 2008 at 11:26 AM

apparently there is no bridge that is too far for The One.

obladioblada on October 31, 2008 at 11:21 AM

In the meantime Patton sits and waits for the gas.

I love the MSM spin this morning (are you listening DryWall?) ‘Don’t worry, Barry can’t do all the things he wants anyway’.

Limerick on October 31, 2008 at 11:26 AM

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

The incurious and shallow intellect has commonly been responsible for the mindless ushering of evil.

LimeyGeek on October 31, 2008 at 11:27 AM

If McCain wins, what will the documentary be about? Those bitter God-clingers in flyover country too stupid to vote for the Messiah?

Steve Z on October 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM

If Obama wins I predict that by the end of his term in office the only media outlets permitted in the White House press room will be the NY Times, the Huffington Post, the Daily Kos and MSNBC. The rest having been bared for life for asking impertinent questions of the dear leader and for failing to show the necessary levels blind devotion to his Presidency (or for taking unflattering photos of the first lady and criticizing her fashion sense).

Dreadnought223 on October 31, 2008 at 11:30 AM

Both sides do this (and I remember, but can’t document, that Rove threatened to cut off access for some reporters who displeased him).

See http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081006/ap_on_el_pr/palin (excerpt below)

Reporters weren’t permitted to talk to Palin’s audience in a Clearwater park, the St. Petersburg Times reported.

When reporters tried to leave the designated press area and head to where the crowd was seated, an escort would dart out, confront him or her and turn the person around, Times staff writer Eileen Schulte wrote on the paper’s Web site. One escort, who would not give her name, told a reporter the press couldn’t mingle because negative things had been written in the past, Schulte reported.

Also see http://online.wsj.com/public/article/SB121080096992092987-yZlafn_HUFJzwYH1PschJH0sW3Q_20080614.html?mod=tff_main_tff_top.

CRYSTAL CITY, Va. — Mark Salter, a writer with a gray-flecked goatee and a pack-a-day cigarette habit, is working on the climactic chapter of his career: getting his boss, Sen. John McCain, elected president.

…….. Over the weekend, he fired off a three-page email to the editor of Newsweek slamming the newsmagazine for what he said was a “biased” cover story on Sen. Obama that “framed this race exactly as Sen. Obama wants it to be framed.” He threatened to throw the magazine’s reporters off the campaign bus and airplane, according to people familiar with the matter. Mr. Salter says he expressed the campaign’s displeasure and is talking to the publication about future access.

jim m on October 31, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Nobody cares about reporters getting shooed off planes.

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

News2Use on October 31, 2008 at 11:32 AM

sheebe on October 31, 2008 at 11:24 AM

That’s funny…I can’t STAND Savage, but I listened to him for a few minutes last night, and it wasn’t bad. The choice was between him and Judge Napolitano, who has just been sickeningly lip-locked to Obama’s custom-made Italian slacks. It’s just too much.

capitalist piglet on October 31, 2008 at 11:35 AM

I am running Internet Explorer 7 and I must be having problems and I need help from someone running a different browser. I can not view any information on NBC, CBS, ABC or CNN about the newspaper reporters being tossed off Obama One.

Wade on October 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Wade on October 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Same here.

Moxie on October 31, 2008 at 11:44 AM

Wade on October 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM

Heh

LimeyGeek on October 31, 2008 at 11:45 AM

the way he is acting is starting to remind me of Jay Sanders line in The matchmaker when the press are dogging him.” I hate you all, and when I am president I will have you all killed”

ConservativePartyNow on October 31, 2008 at 11:45 AM

Thugocracy coming to DC, we know it in Illinois. Rohm Emanuel as Chief of Staff, watch your back.

Angry Dumbo on October 31, 2008 at 11:48 AM

Wade on October 31, 2008 at 11:37 AM
Moxie on October 31, 2008 at 11:44 AM

In order to identify the cause of your issue, I have attempted to recreate your errors. To do this, I used IE 7, Firefox, and Google Chrome. I was able to replicate the error, and can safely conclude that the issue is not with your browser. I also attempted this on two different networks, so it is also safe to assume that the issue does not reside with your ISP.

As a technical support representative, I can find no technical cause of your issue. Therefore, I can only assume that the content for which you are searching does not exits.

Vic on October 31, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Vic on October 31, 2008 at 11:49 AM

Thanks for you help. Could it be those sites are using the same router that replaced 30 minutes of the World Series game with Steven Urkel ?

Wade on October 31, 2008 at 12:04 PM

This dude is actually starting to scare me a bit.

Professor Blather on October 31, 2008 at 12:10 PM

For 8 years now, I have been wishing that GWB would have the Bails to throw Helen Thomas out of the White House. She is the most vindictive woman I have ever seen. BUT=-=can you imagine the outrage if GWB did that? I am newspaper, hear me roar? But this? Nada.

TimothyJ on October 31, 2008 at 12:11 PM

Does this really surprise anyone? He doesn’t care at this point. His braindead followers would vote for him if he kiss Farrakhan on the lips at this point.

Speedwagon82 on October 31, 2008 at 12:12 PM

This dude is actually starting to scare me a bit.

Professor Blather on October 31, 2008 at 12:10 PM

The problem is- he’s not scaring EVERYONE A LOT.

And THAT is scaring the hell outta me!

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 12:14 PM

This seems like a strange time to upset the applecart. Why not do this a month ago?

…Why not? Because he’s arrogant enough to think that he can’t lose. Why not p*ss off the enabling press when they’re not sufficiently fawning? He thinks that it’s in the bag.

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2008 at 12:16 PM

It is not only Obama who is an egomaniac, his minions are likewise. The act shows that the internal polling shows an Obama landslide.

pat on October 31, 2008 at 12:16 PM

I heard FOX talking about this, this morning. Very bad move for Mao-Bama; Makes him look a little, (lot) thuggish.

anniekc on October 31, 2008 at 12:17 PM

*Plays Darth Vader Theme*

mindhacker on October 31, 2008 at 12:18 PM

pat on October 31, 2008 at 12:16 PM

Oh really now? How do you figure that?

capitalist piglet on October 31, 2008 at 12:18 PM

This was funny-

Tammy Bruce referred to Obama as having “Malignant Narcissism”

anniekc on October 31, 2008 at 12:19 PM

Obama kicks dissenting reporters off plane

I hope it was at 40,000 feet.

Y-not on October 31, 2008 at 12:24 PM

Nobody cares about reporters getting shooed off planes.

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

…well, nobody who’d consent to hang out with you cares, that seems sure…but some of us still care what happens to the republic, and care deeply….

…the fact that “nobody cares” is, by the way, hardly a reason to neglect to report things…like liaisons with criminals, traitors, agents for foreign terrorist powers, and similar bad hats…and likewise to fail to report the allergy your guy has to less-than-worshipful company….

…”Bible Spice”…are you afraid of Christianity because it might be right and you might have to straighten up; or simply, fantasy though you must maintain it to be, because it says nasty things about the way you’re living?

Puritan1648 on October 31, 2008 at 12:27 PM

Nobody cares about reporters getting shooed off planes.You’re going to have to come up with something better than that to save Bible Spice and Old Spice. – Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

While I’m sure it must suck to be you every day, it will especially suck to be you on election day.

And I promise to heap all manner of abuse upon you when Obama loses.

ManlyRash on October 31, 2008 at 12:28 PM

ManlyRash on October 31, 20

While I hate to count my chickens before they come home to roost…I also look forward to verbally b*tch-slapping the limp Canadian jihadist for a day or twenty.

SKYFOX on October 31, 2008 at 12:37 PM

So let it be written.

So let it be done.

Mr_Magoo on October 31, 2008 at 12:38 PM

DryWall-

The new curse word.

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 12:51 PM

Nobody cares about reporters getting shooed off planes- Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM

Hi Dave. Watcha doin?

JiangxiDad on October 31, 2008 at 12:52 PM

If anyone sees Dave, can you tell him I’ve been looking for him. Tks. :)

JiangxiDad on October 31, 2008 at 12:53 PM

Gotta love that Drywall – he so consistent…always wrong, always missing the point.

Paradox Drive on October 31, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Paradox Drive on October 31, 2008 at 1:04 PM

I think his father’s name is Arthur Penis – the unluckiest man in the world.

LimeyGeek on October 31, 2008 at 1:06 PM

Venezuela we emulate.

It’s just a tiny step in that direction.

Entelechy on October 31, 2008 at 1:08 PM

Hmmm… with the banning of a couple of TV stations last week… now throwing three reporters off the plane?

Obama believes he has this in the bag, and no longer needs the media support he’s enjoyed.

This is an effort to get the media’s attention, and show that he is now in power, HE is the one driving the agenda.

Look for further media backlash in 5.. 4… 3…. Election day… 2… 1… but it will be too late.

Romeo13 on October 31, 2008 at 1:27 PM

I think his father’s name is Arthur Penis – the unluckiest man in the world.

LimeyGeek on October 31, 2008 at 1:06 PM

LOL! God forgive me….but you know that was funny, Lord.

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Dave Rywall on October 31, 2008 at 11:23 AM
jim m on October 31, 2008 at 11:31 AM

Notice: Any attempt to persuade anything but a Republican victory will be treated as “Conservative Treason”…be prepared to be humiliated, spat upon, embarrassed for your weak attempt at changing history.
The gloves are off for the final round…we are prepared to defend, in any way we can, or destiny.

You two are gooney, that’s right, gooney. The final days you should be over supporting your candidate.
Drywall is a fool, when caught lying (as is often the case) he runs and hides. Waits a day then begin posting again as if nothing happened…can’t own up to his own stupid lies.
Jim M…Oh the philosopher, “both sides do this”, what a sack of sh*t. Obama threw three news organizations off the plane, three…you only talk about threats on our side. And seeing as it has been proved time and time again that the slant in the MSM is very liberal, it is amazing that only Dowd was thrown off. And why? Because she reported dKos despicable lying rumors about Palin as fact. But he didn’t ban the NYT, just one of your despicable cronies.
You are so transparent, so foolish, so stupid, that you should be ashamed of yourselves.
Good luck on posting here on the final days, all you will get is hate..which is what you promote.

right2bright on October 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM

Drywall…will you tell us after the race is over how much the Obama campaign paid you to post…and how many sites you posted on for him?
He has a record number of paid posters that have been on various sites, what I am curious about is how much you get paid?
Nobody would do what you do without being paid…I mean to look like a fool, post embarrassing comments, but still not get banned (like some of your other breathern), you must get paid a few hundred per site.
Let us know after the 4th…

right2bright on October 31, 2008 at 1:37 PM

I can almost hear the lefties whining “But WAAAAAH!!! Maureen Dowd!”

Ryan Gandy on October 31, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Why not do this a month ago?

Because a month ago he thought he was going to win.

Jim Treacher on October 31, 2008 at 2:40 PM

What’s the difference between “socialist” and “Communist”?

Spelling.

Jim Treacher on October 31, 2008 at 2:48 PM

Eaglewingz08, I have my Jet Magazine right here in front of me. The headline in the National Report Section:

Johnson Publishing Company Endorses Obama

“Obama’s election, I believe, is crucial if we are to move this country forward and regain America’s worldwide respect,” said Rice (The CEO of Johnson Publishing).

TheFamousOne on October 31, 2008 at 2:57 PM

Right2bright, I post news articles and you claim I promote “hate”? You, sir, are an idiot with ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome) and are the right wing equivalent of Kos.

And no, I am not paid by Obama and in fact voted for McCain.

jim m on October 31, 2008 at 3:01 PM

And yet, Helen Thomas still perches at the edge of Bush’s press conferences like a gargoyle.

Doctor Zero on October 31, 2008 at 3:08 PM

Yes, both sides restrict media access to those they perceive (or hope) will be favorable to them.

The difference here is that MoDo threw a hissy-fit about here expulsion from the McCain campaign and the rest of the MSM joined in. This time, there will be crickets from MoDo and the “elite” media.

Ace ODale on October 31, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Any reason why the three newspapers couldn’t together charter a plane for their reporters for three days?

jim m on October 31, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Obama’s version of freedom of the press: You’re free to glorify me any way you like.

mr.blacksheep on October 31, 2008 at 3:41 PM

jim m on October 31, 2008 at 3:19 PM

All of the newspapers could do that. Why do you think only those that don’t back Obama should?

Let them all do it.

JiangxiDad on October 31, 2008 at 3:42 PM

Doctor Zero on October 31, 2008 at 3:08 PM

She’s not?

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 31, 2008 at 3:49 PM

jim m on October 31, 2008 at 3:19 PM

Sure, they could easily do that. The wide receivers on a football team could also ride in a separate plane from the rest of the players, at their own expense. One of the teams could also use a semi truck full of Port-O-Lets for its locker room, while the other one enjoys the use of the stadium facilities. I’m sure there would be no hard feelings or sense of exclusion from that.

The more interesting question is, has any other presidential candidate ever thrown major media organizations off the campaign plane, this close to an election? Even the Passion of the Dowd was one person getting thrown overboard, not entire media organizations. This doesn’t seem like a smart play on the Messiah’s part. I’m sure he thinks he’s throwing his weight around and endearing himself to the papers that still get to ride on his campaign plane, setting up access to the Dear Leader as a valuable commodity, and sending a Joe-the-Plumber-lite intimidating shot across the bow of his critics.

I wonder if one of the reporters who’s still riding on the plane is (figuratively speaking) looking out the passenger window at his lonely ink-stained brothers, standing on the tarmac, and beginning to have a Long Dark Night of the Soul as he thinks about the last story he’ll file before the election. I wonder if that troubled reporter might work for the L.A. Times…

Doctor Zero on October 31, 2008 at 3:50 PM

The constitution has been trashed. The current election process is a disgusting farce and the founding fathers must be rolling in their graves. The leftist Democrats will destroy everything this country stands for and any semblance of this once great republic will be lost forever.

rplat on October 31, 2008 at 3:55 PM

Who will be left to “BRING TOGETHER IN HEALING??

Looks like the One will kick everybody in the US that diagrees with him out of the country. Only those who kiss his ring will be allowed to stay. Bye Joe, Bye Rush, Bye Michelle, Bye Fox.

Herb on October 31, 2008 at 4:00 PM

COMRADE OBAMA HAS SPOKEN

TOE THE PARTY LINE OR ELSE

This is only just a taste of what’s coming should this commie be elected.

Gulf Coast on October 31, 2008 at 4:19 PM

Try to enjoy your freedom of speech while it lasts, because legislation restricting it is on the way. The Democrats in control will not tolerate your dissent. The whole Internet will change under an Obama administration. Y’know, the Republican establishment like blaming the Dems, but I’m disgusted at the behavior of Conservative media and their coverage of the Republican primaries, especially their treatment of 100% pro-God, pro-life, pro-family, pro-gun, conservative Mike Huckabee. Their are a number of pundits, bloggers, reporters, and radio hosts that I will never trust again to be “fair and balanced.” They, along with the Media, forced the nomination of John McCain, which having succeeded, will put a Democrat in the White House.

apacalyps on October 31, 2008 at 4:32 PM