Video: “You Can Vote However You Like”

posted at 1:45 pm on October 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

Two scoops of irresistible via WJNO, first the interview and then the full performance. The lyrics are hard to decipher at points so I’ve swiped them from here and reposted them below. Their teacher claims the kids wrote them; after watching them hold forth with Kyra Phillips, I believe him.

Like Ace says, the media has no choice but to destroy Willie now.

Obama on the left

(McCain supporters)
McCain is the man
Fought for us in Vietnam
You know if anyone can
Help our country he can
Taxes droppin low
Dont you know oils gonna flow
Drill it low
I’ll show our economy will grow
McCain’s the best candidate
With Palin as his running mate
They’ll fight for gun rights, pro life,
The conservative right
Our future is bright
Better economy in site
And all the world will feel our military might

(Obama supporters)
But McCain and Bush are real close right
They vote alike and keep it tight
Obama’s new, he’s younger too
The Middle Class he will help you
He’ll bring a change, he’s got the brains
McCain and Bush are just the same
You are to blame, Iraq’s a shame
Four more years would be insane

Lower your Taxes – you know Obama Won’t
PROTECT THE LOWER CLASS – You know McCain won’t!
Have enough experience – you know that they don’t
STOP GLOBAL WARMING – you know that you won’t

I want Obama
FORGET OBAMA
Stick with McCain and you’re going to have some drama
We need it

You can vote however you like, yeah

Democratic left
Republican right
November 4th we decide
And you can vote however you like, I said
You can vote however you like, yeah

I’m talking big pipe lines, and low gas prices
Below $2.00 that would be nice

But to do it right we gotta start today
Finding renewable ways that are here to stay

I want Obama

You can vote however you like, yeah

Democratic left
Republican right
November 4th we decide
And you can vote however you like, I said
You can vote however you like, yeah

Comments

The video the Obama campaign doesn’t want you to see.

johnnyU on October 30, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Yes, we can!

Sergeant Tim on October 30, 2008 at 1:48 PM

Dude! I thought that was pretty awesome.

SouthernGent on October 30, 2008 at 1:49 PM

This is why I think McCain is going to win. These kids are not exactly falling in line and paying homage to The One.

And I sincerely hope that gets right under B.O.’s skin.

pilamaye on October 30, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Ah yes, the Obama Youth. Singing and hiking by day, and turning in their parents at night.

Heil Obama!!!

Hening on October 30, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Sources: Sarkozy views Obama stance on Iran as ‘utterly immature’

French President Nicolas Sarkozy is very critical of U.S. presidential candidate Barack Obama’s positions on Iran, according to reports that have reached Israel’s government.

Sarkozy has made his criticisms only in closed forums in France. But according to a senior Israeli government source, the reports reaching Israel indicate that Sarkozy views the Democratic candidate’s stance on Iran as “utterly immature” and comprised of “formulations empty of all content.”

2008. The year The One (Barack Obama) … Lost.

Obamalies or Lies Obama Tells

AdrianS on October 30, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Yeah well notice:

I want Obama
FORGET OBAMA,
Stick wit McCain you gone have some drama
MORE WAR IN IRAQ
Iran he will attack
CAN’T BRING OUR TROOPS BACK
We gotta vote Barack!

They conclude who they’d vote for in the end. Not a total blow out on Obamanation as far as I’m concerned.
But still, at least they state some obvious points. It’s better than nothing.

Badger40 on October 30, 2008 at 1:53 PM

I liked it. Cute and fun, fair and balanced to boot.

And MUCH better than seeing creepy paeans to Obama by children’s choirs while their teacher (who, even more creepily, looked like she was in the throes of uncontainable ecstasy), conducts them.

inviolet on October 30, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Has Willie paid his taxes, how does he afford to go to a private school…who are his parents…
Destroy Willie now…a black kid wanting McCain, his parents should be in jail.

right2bright on October 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Hope for the future.

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM

this is why Obama doesn’t want school choice/vouchers. Can’t indoctrinate in private schools.

marklmail on October 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM

I didn’t hear an Um or Uh from Willie

PappaMac on October 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM

I prefer “Bomb bomb bomb…”

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 30, 2008 at 1:55 PM

Save Wille, free wille. wille will be the only success from the gruop when he grows up.

unseen on October 30, 2008 at 1:56 PM

apparently obama is picking out the drapes

ConservativePartyNow on October 30, 2008 at 1:56 PM

“You Can Vote However You Like”

One last time, if Dear Leader Obamassiah gets in.

rbj on October 30, 2008 at 1:57 PM

FREE WILLIE,

These kids smarter than 95% of Dem voters, even if they did lean Hussein!

dhunter on October 30, 2008 at 1:57 PM

Has anyone seen Willie’s birth certificate?

max1 on October 30, 2008 at 2:01 PM

I like it. I’m tempted to send it to my work colleague who keeps inundating me with “cute” kids pimping Obama… “You can vote however you like” reminds me of the PUMA slogan, “I own my vote.”

The sad thing is that these kids — how old are they, 10? — are apparently better equipped to engage in a meaningful political dialog than most of the faculty colleagues I worked with while I was in the ivory tower.

Y-not on October 30, 2008 at 2:02 PM

Adorable.
Breaking: Willie still pees the bed according to MSNBC.

carbon_footprint on October 30, 2008 at 2:02 PM

apparently obama is picking out the drapes

ConservativePartyNow on October 30, 2008 at 1:56 PM

They make great dresses for Michelle.

Y-not on October 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM

marklmail on October 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM

It’s also why he wants Universal PreK.

Connie on October 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Keep your eyes on the real issues: I think some of those kids were wearing white socks with dress shoes. Horrifying.

Bishop on October 30, 2008 at 2:08 PM

STOP THE PRESSES!

Willie has a $2.00 milk money lien!

Also, Willie isn’t even his real name. It’s Samuel William. Could “Willie” be a Jew? People are asking questions.

Kensington on October 30, 2008 at 2:10 PM

according to the PUMA’s, obama has taken bribes

ConservativePartyNow on October 30, 2008 at 2:11 PM

I am Willie the Schoolkid.

Kensington on October 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM

This is a SCREAM….and those children seem so…..so……..what’s the word JOE BIDEN WOULD USE…..”clean and articulate”…wasn’t it?

Seriously, at least they SEEM educated about what is going on….and THAT IS good.

seejanemom on October 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Out of the mouths of children…. Note the pros and cons of each candidate. Pretty short list for Barry, and mostly negative.

Vashta.Nerada on October 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM

It’s good to see some kids who aren’t brats.

forest on October 30, 2008 at 2:16 PM

Willie doesn’t have the proper license to be a paperboy and his route will now be given to someone else.

csdeven on October 30, 2008 at 2:19 PM

Definitely pro-Obama, but at least it gives some “props” to the other side.

eforhan on October 30, 2008 at 2:23 PM

That’s great! They should do it again with better lighting and audio equipment.

FloatingRock on October 30, 2008 at 2:27 PM

When these kids are able to be more balanced than the professional media…strange times.

RDuke on October 30, 2008 at 2:28 PM

The next day in the classroom…

Classmates: “Willie, they said you were hung!”

Willie: “And they was right!”

I wish Willie much success which I am sure he will see.

brtex on October 30, 2008 at 2:28 PM

Kensington on October 30, 2008 at 2:10 PM
Kensington on October 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM

And he might be the great grandson of Jack Abramoff.

I am Willie the Schoolkid.

Abby Adams on October 30, 2008 at 2:31 PM

from Ace

He stepped into the spotlight. You bought the ticket, Willie. Enjoy the ride.

lol, poor kid

abinitioadinfinitum on October 30, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Looks like this election’s “This Land.”

Balanced, endearing, humorous.

spmat on October 30, 2008 at 2:39 PM

Barack won’t stand for this polytheism. Praise and laud can only be given to one Messiah.

Glenn Jericho on October 30, 2008 at 2:39 PM

The solitary dorky fat white kid on the end was hilarious

LimeyGeek on October 30, 2008 at 2:43 PM

Vashta.Nerada on October 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM

Yes, really! Look at the lyrics! For McCain, they list positive attributes, but then when they get around to Obama, it’s almost nothing but negative stuff about McCain. That one’s got almost no selling points!

I am Willie the Schoolkid!

Kensington on October 30, 2008 at 2:44 PM

I loved the video. That’s exactly how schools should be teaching.

Esthier on October 30, 2008 at 2:45 PM

I’m not surprised to hear this coming out of Ron Clark’s school. He’s an awesome teacher, one of my role models in this regard, and really knows how to get kids to think for themselves and accomplish great things. Check out his book, The Essential 55. We need more teachers, schools, and students like this!

tikvah on October 30, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Willie you are awesome. By the way, your hairdresser says you have fake hair in those cornrows. Time to fess up.

icemaniceman1111 on October 30, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Heil Obama!!!

Hening on October 30, 2008 at 1:52 PM

Did you even read the lyrics?

They conclude who they’d vote for in the end.

Badger40 on October 30, 2008 at 1:53 PM

No, they don’t. If you actually watch the video, you’ll see that those are lyrics for different groups, the McCain group and the Obama group. It’s the Obama group saying that last line, not all the kids.

The song starts out with McCain, so it naturally ends with Obama, but it’s the most nonpartisan thing I’ve seen this entire election cycle.

I know many of us are jaded here, but these kids have done a good thing. Let’s not jump on them for any perceived slant towards Obama.

Esthier on October 30, 2008 at 2:50 PM

icemaniceman1111 on October 30, 2008 at 2:49 PM

Also, people are asking what kind of tip Willie’s mom gives the hairdresser. I’ve heard whispers that Willie’s mom is stingy with the tips!

Kensington on October 30, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Look up Ron Clark Academy on the web. $14grand a year tuition! They do look motivated too. A model for other city schools. All the money the government has thrown at education and wasted they could fund each child in Atlanta, Philadelphia and all to an education like these kids get.

wepeople on October 30, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Willie! Hide your cat!

whitetop on October 30, 2008 at 2:56 PM

Outstanding.

The Ugly American on October 30, 2008 at 2:58 PM

They’re definitely matoooor enough to get you to vote.

Nails on chalkboard.

Tzetzes on October 30, 2008 at 3:01 PM

(Obama supporters)
But McCain and Bush are real close right
They vote alike and keep it tight
Obama’s new, he’s younger too
The Middle Class he will help you
He’ll bring a change, he’s got the brains
McCain and Bush are just the same
You are to blame, Iraq’s a shame
Four more years would be insane

Hasn’t anyone noticed there’s nothing there?

BDS. Neocons. Hope. Change.

Nada. Zippo. Zilch.

Shy Guy on October 30, 2008 at 3:02 PM

Obama allowing all children to get free healthcare.

Unless, of course…

Tzetzes on October 30, 2008 at 3:04 PM

Did that little Obama-supporter just call Sarah Palin “articulate”?

Tzetzes on October 30, 2008 at 3:06 PM

That little Willie rocks! “He may be old, but he knows what is good for our country”.

I could not have said it better.

lionheart on October 30, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Wicked cool. If kids like this are even remotely common you are going to have a significantly improved electorate in 10 years. The more I think about it, the more I think the baby boomers were just an aberrant low-point in generational history.

Gaunilon on October 30, 2008 at 3:50 PM

I just love little kids. God’s greatest gift.

sheesh on October 30, 2008 at 3:53 PM

Dr.Cwac.Cwac on October 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Dr. Conservative on October 30, 2008 at 4:27 PM

Smart kids,..but someone might want to tell them Children do have free health care.,…even for those who are NOT Americans.

christene on October 30, 2008 at 4:55 PM

You know what you should be talking about here? The Ron Clark Academy is supported by the community and business leaders. In other words, a semi-private academy that is not run by the government. And, it creates this: intelligent young men and women with academic excellence.

School choice? You betcha.

Kat_Mo on October 30, 2008 at 5:12 PM

I just watched some videos about the academy. I think I’ve been inspired.

They educate teachers. This is the type of new ideas that work, not the garbage the CAC funded.

Kat_Mo on October 30, 2008 at 5:23 PM

carbon_footprint : Breaking: Willie still pees the bed according to MSNBC.

Hilarious!

These kids are at least as intellectually impressive as Obama himself. He uses the same generalities to discuss why he should be the leader of the free world.

Lord I hope he Obombs at the polls on Tuesday.

attemptedthinking on October 30, 2008 at 5:37 PM

How adorable and uplifting. It’s nice to see that there are still some schools in the US that can teach kids how to think and talk about politics without demonizing the opposition. Teacher clearly needs to do a better job explaining the candidate’s differences on healthcare, however.

BTW, if there’s a better commercial for why black people should support school vouchers, I’d like to see it.

Infidoll on October 30, 2008 at 5:40 PM

Better economy in site

[sigh]

The Monster on October 30, 2008 at 6:32 PM

Good for them… Better than these D-bags

Claypigeon on October 30, 2008 at 7:06 PM

Well, I read that twice, and stopping the war and increasing the GW nonsense are the main points. Public education?

OldEnglish on October 30, 2008 at 7:45 PM

I can’t believe none of these kids parents object to the fact that someone thought “Hey, we’ve got a bunch of black kids… let’s make ‘em dance and rap, cuz that’s what black people do!” Black people in America are going to continue to struggle if they continue this hip-hop culture nonsense, and where speaking and acting properly is mocked as “acting white”, etc.

In reality, this thing isn’t that bad, but I just feel like a lot of these kids could grow up and be embarrassed for being made to do this (even if now they are making the choice).

RightWinged on October 30, 2008 at 9:44 PM

“Has this election interested you more than any other in the past.”

Well you know the last Presidential Election I was like 6.

PresidenToor on October 30, 2008 at 9:59 PM

As long as theres no profanity, sterotyping etc. I don’t see the problem. Its the content of as you said the hip-hop culture that is objectionable not the stylistics.

aengus on October 31, 2008 at 12:09 AM

aengus on October 31, 2008 at 12:09 AM

I agree to an extent, but I don’t know that you can totally separate the two. It’s clear that this idea was influenced by hip-hop culture, and I think by essentially saying “hip-hop = black” (as these children are essentially led to believe), they’ll keep hurting themselves.

On the other hand, growing up in whitey Vermont, I had to do somewhat of a rap (with my class) on the state capitals in 5th grade. But in Vermont, you aren’t surrounded by ebonics, crime, people dressed like a thug, brand new Escalades being driven by young men in their late teens and early 20s, but being parked in their Grandmama’s driveway in the slums, living off welfare as their illegitimate children also live off welfare around the city. This is the reality of what young black kids see around them, and too often they’re under the impression that they better play sports, rap, or get to having kids as young as possible. Again, you’re right, the content here isn’t offensive… but the fact that someone had the idea to push the stereotypical idea of having these black kids do a “rap” as opposed to anything else, is disturbing to me. They clearly aren’t being taught to think, given that only one (if he was telling the truth) likes McCain. I mean, it’s obnoxious enough that so many blacks are voting for Obama simply because he’s black (and as we’ve seen, none of his supporters of any race seem to have a clue why they support him), but the whole point here is to show how informed these kids are… Yet virtually all of them support a terrorist befriending, race card playing, infanticide supporting, lying socialist, who’s accomplished virtually nothing in his political career other than getting elected?

RightWinged on October 31, 2008 at 3:46 AM