Planned Parenthood admits infanticide happens

posted at 1:20 pm on October 30, 2008 by Ed Morrissey

Students for Life of America released a video this morning that puts lie to the notion that late-term abortions do not result in infanticide when babies survive the abortion process.   Barack Obama claimed that the law he opposed on four different occasions in Illinois was unnecessary, because he was certain that doctors wouldn’t just leave living infants to die — even though the Attorney General and Jill Stanek both testified that they did and that existing Illinois law didn’t prevent it from happening.  Abortionists will not render medical assistance to such living infants unless forced to do so.   Guess who else admits it?

Planned Parenthood of Freehold, New Jersey confirms to this young woman that they commit negligent homicide when infants survive the abortion process. This is the same Planned Parenthood to which Obama pledged to pass the Freedom of Choice Act, which would remove all state limitations on abortion and restore federal funding for the first time in decades.  These are the people to whom Obama pledges his loyalty.

“They wouldn’t be able to live on its own.  So, eventually, the baby does die.”  Chilling.

Update: I forgot to post a link to SLA, but here’s a better one for donations to the group.

For more on Barack Obama and infanticide, please see my earlier posts on the subject:

Comments

Monsters do exist.

rightallthetime on October 30, 2008 at 1:23 PM

How about, “Planned Parent Admit Infanticide Happens, and That They Profit From it.”

This is too sick to comment on any further.

BigD on October 30, 2008 at 1:24 PM

Of all the liberal organizations in America, it’s sad that Planned Parenthood is the only one so absolutely devoted to follow-through.

RBMN on October 30, 2008 at 1:25 PM

This is just chilling. Any day now my wife will have our second child and it is so hard to understand doctors, nurses and employees at these places letting a child lay there and die.

Hearts of stone.

coloradoranchhand on October 30, 2008 at 1:25 PM

Damn these monsters to the Hell they deserve.

aquaviva on October 30, 2008 at 1:25 PM

lll networks to lead with this story in 5,4 …

/ah, forget it — good for these students tho!

Buckaroo on October 30, 2008 at 1:26 PM

They should have run subtitles. A tad hard to hear.

Abby Adams on October 30, 2008 at 1:26 PM

Can you post a donation link?

Vashta.Nerada on October 30, 2008 at 1:26 PM

“coloradoranchhand on October 30, 2008 at 1:25 PM”

may you and your wife grow ever stronger together as you move forward in raising your children — blessings …

Buckaroo on October 30, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Jill Stanek has new audio up this morning:

Breaking news: Audio of Obama’s speech against Born Alive found

In 2001, then IL state Sen. Barack Obama for the 2nd year in a row was the sole senator opposing Born Alive Infant bills state senate floor.

Audio of senate floor debates is destroyed when transcripts are written. Until now only the Chicago Tribune was known to have audio of this debate but had only released a very small clip.

But we now have it. A reader requesting anonymity sent it to me…

In the audio Obama argues against calling for a 2nd physician if the 1st physician – the abortionist – has decided the baby s/he has just aborted alive is nonviable…

In this audio Obama utters these infamous words among many:

“… if that fetus or child – however way you want to describe it – is now outside the mother’s womb….”

and

“… but there’s, let’s say, movement or some indication that, in fact, they’re not just coming out limp and dead….”

INC on October 30, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Baby???? What baby??? Oh, that helpless, pitiful, mewing sound coming from that pile of bloody towels in the dirty utility room??? I don’t hear that. Now, about your payment…….cash, check or credit card???

bloggless on October 30, 2008 at 1:27 PM

My wife is strongly and consistently pro-choice and even she is disturbed by this. She will knowingly vote for pro-life candidates (McCain-Palin) for the first time next week.

aunursa on October 30, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Murder most foul sanctioned by the LIVING citizens and the Government of The United States of America… and soon to be fast-tracked by the Obamassiah.

It makes me want to weep.

FlatFoot on October 30, 2008 at 1:29 PM

But guys, it’s a slippery slope. I mean if they are required to, I don’t know, not let a child die, it might open the door for more restrictions…

B.S unless you’re B.O.

V15J on October 30, 2008 at 1:29 PM

“aunursa on October 30, 2008 at 1:27 PM”

tell her we appreciate the support!

Buckaroo on October 30, 2008 at 1:29 PM

How many libs would survive if left to “live on their own”?
Disgusting and telling of these peoples values or lack therof.

bbz123 on October 30, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Not survive on their own? No baby can survive on their own-but put into the arms of her or his mother, babies survive…unless the mother refuses the baby. I appreciate this group working to bring this to light, as the abortion proponents keep to the darkness.
PC language and arguments be damned-abortion kills babies.
Those who support abortion support the murder of infants.

Doug on October 30, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Disgusting.

aunursa,

My wife is the same.

BadgerHawk on October 30, 2008 at 1:31 PM

Liberals morons call our men serving in the arm forces baby killers. I just wonder who the real baby killers are; I know one his name is Marxist Obama.

pukara61 on October 30, 2008 at 1:31 PM

aunursa on October 30, 2008 at 1:27 PM

My wife was pro-choice when we met, but something changed. Now she is pro-life and something like this would bring her to tears.

Buckaroo on October 30, 2008 at 1:27 PM

Thanks for the good word Buckaroo.

coloradoranchhand on October 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Thanks for the donation link – I’m headed that way.

Vashta.Nerada on October 30, 2008 at 1:33 PM

Imagine for a second what a person is capable of doing if they have no respect for the sanctity of life. This is how totalitarian governments are born. This sort of thinking, based upon the religion of naturalism, is used to justify the imprisonment and killing of dissidents in order to “make the system work”. If life is not protected, then what freedoms are possible?
Note: No, not all macro-evolutionists are amoral people. I’m merely showing the logical conclusions one can draw from the ideas presented by naturalists/materialists/atheists. If people evolved from dirt, then what inherent value do they possess?

Send_Me on October 30, 2008 at 1:34 PM

coloradoranchhand on October 30, 2008 at 1:32 PM

Both my wife and I were more liberal when we met many years ago. I’m a 9/11 Republican, and she’s coming around.

aunursa on October 30, 2008 at 1:34 PM

Why do they use terms like infantcide? It makes it sound so much less that what it really is. Murder is Murder. Period, end of discussion. If people knew exactly how these procedures were performed, there wouldn’t be any need for a national dialog on the subject.

Tommy_G on October 30, 2008 at 1:35 PM

Satanic

IR-MN on October 30, 2008 at 1:35 PM

In other words, babies can’t vote for Barack Obama. If they could vote, then they’d be a person.

RBMN on October 30, 2008 at 1:37 PM

I am so bewildered by these actions…who would kill a born baby, a live human being, and who would support such an act…Obama we know, and Biden we know…it is beyond my ability to understand, just unbelievable…an alive human being, destroyed for a few bucks…so sad, so so sad.

right2bright on October 30, 2008 at 1:40 PM

Well, thank you very much for raising my blood pressure this afternoon.

highhopes on October 30, 2008 at 1:41 PM

good god…

liquidflorian on October 30, 2008 at 1:46 PM

Terrifying “the baby dies”, no pretense of “fetal material dies” just cold calculated ugly murder by omission of care!

clnurnberg on October 30, 2008 at 1:51 PM

Disgusting.

pugwriter on October 30, 2008 at 1:53 PM

Planned Parenthood is spreading evil in this
country. Killing babies, born and unborn,
encouraging children to have sex, covering up
for child molesters. And Barack Obama is
their approved candidate, and their greatest
fan.

Mulligan on October 30, 2008 at 1:54 PM

Send_Me on October 30, 2008 at 1:34 PM

This is only the tip of the iceberg. Democrats are also very passionate about allowing defenseless invalids starve to death (Tery Schiavo) and killing those who have outlived their usefulness and are a burden on society (euthenasia/assisted suicide in Oregon). This is the direction that the Democrat Party Of Death wants to go. With this attitude towards children, invalids, and the elderly, it is a short step to debate how to eliminate millions who disagree with you. All that is needed is the power and control to get away with it. (Media, courts, congress, presidency).

jerseyman on October 30, 2008 at 2:00 PM

How does one decide to become an abortionist or a nurse for an abortionist anyway? Gee, I think I’ll use my skills to murder innocent babies. That will make mom and dad so proud. I’m sorry but in my mind they are no better than serial killers.

thevastlane on October 30, 2008 at 2:01 PM

I’ve got to email this to all of my relatives who think they’re such great Catholics because they say the rosary every night, (and tell me that I should in order to be a good Catholic,) yet are campaigning for Obama. What hypocrites!!! This makes me ill.

foxforce91 on October 30, 2008 at 2:02 PM

I’m sorry but in my mind they are no better than serial killers.

thevastlane on October 30, 2008 at 2:01 PM

Actually I take that back, I’m not sorry.

thevastlane on October 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Ya know….

Eh, I can’t say what I really think about these savages.

Bishop on October 30, 2008 at 2:03 PM

Send this to all those hispanic Okiller voters, they might have something to say.

Bishop on October 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Obama has so much evil lurking in his heart is just astounding.

spits in disgust

Kevin in Washington State on October 30, 2008 at 2:04 PM

Ed–you keep saying that the Illinois AG gave testimony in this case, but I can’t find any using Google. Do you have a link?

And here’s the original 1975 Illinois law (parts of which were made ineffective by a consent decree):

Any physician who intentionally performs an abortion when, in his medical judgment based on the particular facts of the case before him, there is a reasonable likelihood of sustained survival of the fetus outside the womb, with or without artificial support, shall utilize that method of abortion which, of those he knows to be available, is in his medical judgment most likely to preserve the life and health of the fetus.
(b) The physician shall certify in writing, on a form prescribed by the Department under Section 10 of this Act, the available methods considered and the reasons for choosing the method employed.
(c) Any physician who intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly violates the provisions of Section 6(1)(a) commits a Class 3 felony.
(2) (a) No abortion shall be performed or induced when the fetus is viable unless there is in attendance a physician other than the physician performing or inducing the abortion who shall take control of and provide immediate medical care for any child born alive as a result of the abortion. This requirement shall not apply when, in the medical judgment of the physician performing or inducing the abortion based on the particular facts of the case before him, there exists a medical emergency; in such a case, the physician shall describe the basis of this judgment on the form prescribed by Section 10 of this Act. Any physician who intentionally performs or induces such an abortion and who intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly fails to arrange for the attendance of such a second physician in violation of Section 6(2)(a) commits a Class 3 felony.
(b) Subsequent to the abortion, if a child is born alive, the physician required by Section 6(2)(a) to be in attendance shall exercise the same degree of professional skill, care and diligence to preserve the life and health of the child as would be required of a physician providing immediate medical care to a child born alive in the course of a pregnancy termination which was not an abortion. Any such physician who intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly violates Section 6(2)(b) commits a Class 3 felony.

And here’s the Illinois born alive act as finally passed in the 2000s:

Sec. 1.36. Born-alive infant.
(a) In determining the meaning of any statute or of any rule, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative agencies of this State, the words “person”, “human being”, “child”, and “individual” include every infant member of the species homo sapiens who is born alive at any stage of development.

(b) As used in this Section, the term “born alive”, with respect to a member of the species homo sapiens, means the complete expulsion or extraction from its mother of that member, at any stage of development, who after that expulsion or extraction breathes or has a beating heart, pulsation of the umbilical cord, or definite movement of voluntary muscles, regardless of whether the umbilical cord has been cut and regardless of whether the expulsion or extraction occurs as a result of natural or induced labor, cesarean
section, or induced abortion.
(c) A live child born as a result of an abortion shall be fully recognized as a human person and accorded immediate protection under the law.

It sure looks to me that, reading the statutes together, the Illinois abortion law still only protects viable fetuses or those which have a reasonable chance of sustained survival outside the womb.

jim m on October 30, 2008 at 2:07 PM

This attitude towards life (and death) provides the basis for the atrocities of the 20th century: Nazi Germany, Imperial Japan, and Communism (USSR, China, Cambodia/Vietnam) who all belong the the Million Murder club These are millions of their own citizens! Obama is concerned about being called a Communist – it would appear that he thinks like one.

jerseyman on October 30, 2008 at 2:07 PM

Well I’m not sure how a person who has:
1. Ever held a baby
2. Ever given birth to a baby
3. Ever CARED about a baby, person, etc….
4. Has a heart
5. Has feelings of compassion & love
Could EVER consider being “pro-choice”.
And yet, many who are pro-choice, have a problem with chickens, pigs, & calves being in factory farms or dairy cows being milked.
I really don’t understand anyone who feels a baby is a burden.
Even many women who are being raped in various parts of Africa (seen a PBS show on it) Africa due to the instability there are choosing to give birth to their children who were conceived in the rape. Bcs they actually value a human life, no matter how it got there.

Badger40 on October 30, 2008 at 2:08 PM

disgusting…

ernesto on October 30, 2008 at 2:10 PM

foxforce, here’s a link to a Father
Corapi
video. Maybe it would change your
relatives mind about voting for Obama.

Mulligan on October 30, 2008 at 2:13 PM

I can’t believe during my indoctrinated youth I supported these monsters. If I was Catholic I don’t think there would be a high enough number of Hail Marys to cleanse the guilt I feel. Sick and pure evil.

smfoushee on October 30, 2008 at 2:14 PM

So this is the oath to protect life?

la.rt.wngr on October 30, 2008 at 2:16 PM

The dirty little truth is that “CHOICE” is a male sexist attitude that dismisses women and their feelings. I contend that women first love their children while in the womb. They feel the life, the kicking, the humanity before the father does. The father first loves his child after birth, when he holds it in his hands. It is this perspective that allows someone to treat the fetus as less than human. I can not imagine someone wanting to kill something that they love. To not recognize this love as a basic, innate (God-given) characteristic of all human beings is cold, heartless, and inhuman. In general, you must hate what you kill, and that hatred, in turn, will kill you from within.

jerseyman on October 30, 2008 at 2:19 PM

any other option???

I guess going through with the birth, which she has to do anyway, with the baby alive and allowing adoption is to far fetched for PP.

ztower on October 30, 2008 at 2:24 PM

I am so afraid for America. We pray “Oh, God bless America.” Forget it. We deserve God’s judgement.

apacalyps on October 30, 2008 at 2:28 PM

jerseyman

I couldn’t disagree more with your assertion that it’s a male sexist thing. I loved my son from the moment we were told my wife was pregnant. You paint too broad a brush and you fail to accept the fact that many women DO NOT love their children even in utero.

MNDavenotPC on October 30, 2008 at 2:35 PM

I was pro-choice, until I got pregnant with my first child. Now, I cannot imagine life without her, or without my twins.

It makes me enraged to know there are those that would willingly let a baby be murdered (in or out of the womb), while I sit here crying because I would love to have another child myself. I would gladly take one of these “unwanted” children of their hands, as would many others – is there any connection between the very high cost of adoption and the rate of abortions?

Anna on October 30, 2008 at 2:35 PM

If you leave a 1 year-old in a field it will eventually die. Is Planned Infanticide OK with that?

They are advocating murder, and should all receive the death penalty.

LimeyGeek on October 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM

Think of all the scary movies you’ve seen, and admit it: the scariest monsters are men. And Glenn Close.

Akzed on October 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM

I decided not to read this news. It’s the only thing that I can imagine that would make me vote for Obama. I would suggest at the very least that the way back to Republican power is not by attacking abortion and gay people.

thuja on October 30, 2008 at 2:42 PM

the scariest monsters are men. And Glenn Close.

Akzed on October 30, 2008 at 2:40 PM

LOL. Cruella deVil?

*eats*

Grue in the Attic on October 30, 2008 at 2:51 PM

thuja on October 30, 2008 at 2:42 PM

I would suggest not commenting if you’re not going to “read this news”. Some of us think that the lives of innocent babies are more important than getting “back to Republican power”.

thevastlane on October 30, 2008 at 2:56 PM

thuja on October 30, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Did you really say that the only thing that would make you vote for Obama is his refusal to vote against this practice? You need help.

bloggless on October 30, 2008 at 3:02 PM

thevastlane on October 30, 2008 at 2:01 PM

I could be wrong, but it seems like most of them are devoted to the idea that pregnancy is part of the vast paternalistic conspiracy keeping the little woman down.
I’ve read testimonies of how “liberated” it makes them feel.
Me? I’m still trying to figure out how I feel on the whole topic, but I think it is plain to see that Roe v Wade is a horrific mangling of the constitution. I’ll back anything giving it to the states.
On the other hand, wouldn’t leaving an infant out to die of exposure generally be considered criminal neglect?

Count to 10 on October 30, 2008 at 3:20 PM

thuja on October 30, 2008 at 2:42 PM

Attacking?

Count to 10 on October 30, 2008 at 3:22 PM

Here’s a short video on Barack and his support of abortion and Planned Parenthood.

Mulligan on October 30, 2008 at 3:22 PM

FYI Democrats: you’ll never, ever have my vote as long as you refuse to look at this issue rationally.

And no, I’m not religious. I just have a brain and a conscience.

Every time you start yakking about saving the spotted minnow and freeing Mumia … I remember that you don’t actually care about life.

This is the issue that proves liberalism is a lie.

Professor Blather on October 30, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Pro-choice advocates need to change their motto/name to something more catchy, come on, you can play this game…

Murder for Hire

Got Cash?

Doing the Job Humans Won’t

Investing in the Death and Disposal of Children for More than 40 years

Chitty-chitty Bang-bang’s Child Catcher is our Hero

Dump Live Babies Here (sign over wood chipper)

Hitler had Tunnel Vision

Geministorm on October 30, 2008 at 3:28 PM

American’s Holocaust – abortion, the death of our future presidents, vice presidents, teachers, doctors, lawyers. Sad, very, very sad.

txstar on October 30, 2008 at 3:29 PM

(1) Oh come on, it’s not a baby, it’s just a clump of cells!
(2) Oh, and my body is my temple. Therefore…um…where was I going with this again?
(3) TAKE YOUR ROSARIES OFF MY OVARIES!!! AND THAT CLUMP OF CELLS THEY PRODUCED WHICH IS CRYING ON THE TABLE!!!
(4) Yes it’s a human being, but not a person. You see, to be a person you have to be breathing. Oh wait, this thing is breathing. Ok, to be a person you have to be wanted. Yes, wanted. Unwanted people are not people. I mean unwanted humans are not people. Shut up, you’re just a mysoginist racist radical right-wing nut anyway. Come to think of it you strike me as sort of unwanted.
(5) Yes, this is tough on the fetus…or whatever you want to call it…baby if you insist…but women must have control over their bodies. Even if that means kill…I mean terminating bab…I mean clumps of cells.

Gaunilon on October 30, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Geministorm on October 30, 2008 at 3:28 PM

Dirty deeds, done dirt cheep.
-ACDC

Count to 10 on October 30, 2008 at 3:35 PM

Yikes

I only live a few miles from that Freehold facility. Scary..

Dennis D on October 30, 2008 at 3:36 PM

(1) Oh come on, it’s not a baby, it’s just a clump of cells!

Gaunilon on October 30, 2008 at 3:34 PM

Now THAT deserves a second look.
*applauds*

inviolet on October 30, 2008 at 3:39 PM

Like human slavery, one day we will look at abortion as an abomination….right not it’s just an obama-nation.

Let’s roll.

ex-Democrat on October 30, 2008 at 4:06 PM

I was born at the end of the baby-boom, which meant that, as I grew up, I knew a lot of war veterans…they were my relatives, parents of my school friends and neighbours. A lot of these guys had gone through tough situations in WWII. One of the things they were, obviously, aware of was the “Holocaust”. For many of them, the collective excuse of the German people that they didn’t know what was happening made them scoff. I suppose they could concede that particular individuals might not know, but they wouldn’t concede that, as a people, the Germans didn’t know. That was why a lot of them maintained… call it prejudice…against Germany after the war was over (that, and because they had been shooting at each other, I guess). They are dead and dying now, and a new generation is, in some ways forgetting (and some are even denying) what happened, and the sense of moral acountability that a lot of these Vets felt is for the history books.

For some reason I think of this when I see this video. It is not the first, and it won’t be the last, piece of evidence about what really goes on inside these…let’s call them abortion chambers. There are testimonies, photos, videos and physical evidence of what abortion does. There are videos of babies, in the process of being aborted, squirming to avoid the tools of their destruction, and others showing the pain on their faces. National Geographic, for God’s sake, has videoed and televised the entire development process of the baby from conception until birth. If you didn’t see it on TV the first time, or in the multiple re-runs, you can buy at Amazon.com.

And so I am left to ask this: how can we as a society (as a Canadian I am including Canada in this as well) claim ignorance of this…can it be called a “Holocaust”? How can we pretend that we don’t know? At least the Germans didn’t have TV (even though Sen. Biden thinks it was used to announce the Depression), an internet or a free press. We don’t have that excuse.

I remember reading one time about how US soldiers, who had discovered one death camp, were so completely disgusted by the people in the adjacent town denying that they knew what had been going on, that they marched them to the Camp and forced them to look at the Gas Chambers and craematoria and the mass graves.

Videos such as the one shown here should, but won’t, obviate the need to take people to see the abortion chambers…the chambers, and their operators are taken right to your home and/or office via the net. Anyone can see.

The Germans who were marched into that camp that day had, at least, the capacity to be appalled and to weep. Our society,I fear, does not. We will ignore it, or forget it, or dismiss it as more propaganda from the extreme right.

And on 4 November a man who is not only not appalled but who supports this Holocaust, and wants it funded, is likely to be elected to the highest elective office in the United States.

I just want it noted that, if he is elected, he will be knowingly elected. Everyone who casts a vote for him does so knowing where he stands in respect to this newest Holocaust. There can be no denial.

Blaise on October 30, 2008 at 4:22 PM

“Too many babies? It is like saying there are too many flowers.” Mother Theresa

Jesus wept.

Fuquay Steve on October 30, 2008 at 4:24 PM

sick.

Common Sense on October 30, 2008 at 5:17 PM

Where are the trolls defending their Messiah Murderer?

I’m awaiting some creative ideas on how Obama supporters can ignore is abominable vote by Barry.

omnipotent on October 30, 2008 at 5:25 PM

Murder.

gary on October 30, 2008 at 5:47 PM

Made a grown man cry

tomas on October 30, 2008 at 6:28 PM

Four points:

1. Saw a church billboard the other day: “Abortion is an Obamanation.” Hmm…wonder how that pastor’s going to vote?

2. Any woman who’s been pregnant and says she’s pro-choice is lying to us and to herself (says this mother of four).

3. Call them what they are: Planned BARRENHOOD.

4. I remember hearing a story years ago about a late-term abortionist (maybe it was George Tiller “the Killer”?) who got upset when a colleague came to visit his office one afternoon and, seeing that the abortionist hadn’t finished up yet, casually remarked, “Still killing babies this late in the day?” They don’t even fool their friends.

Lurking Vet on October 30, 2008 at 7:27 PM

Such sickness

Jamson64 on October 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM

Ugh. It’s hard to believe 0bama is a father himself.

Truly pitiful.

4shoes on October 30, 2008 at 9:02 PM

Ugh. It’s hard to believe 0bama is a father himself.

Truly pitiful.

4shoes on October 30, 2008

I demand a paternity test. If it’s OK to demand of the Palins, it’s OK for the big-eared goblin and his (supposed) spawn.

SKYFOX on October 31, 2008 at 5:50 AM

It’s difficult to express the anger this makes me feel in words.

I like to think that doesn’t happen to me very often.

Cylor on October 31, 2008 at 8:33 AM

Blaise on October 30, 2008 at 4:22 PM

Priests for life have a motto, “America won’t reject abortion until it sees abortion”. So they have pictures on their site. Every woman who goes into an abortion clinic should have to view the pictures. It should be part of informed consent. There should be no box to check for declining the option of viewing them.

pannw on October 31, 2008 at 9:55 AM