Obama already raising money for presidential transition, hiring for cabinet positions

posted at 9:08 pm on October 30, 2008 by Allahpundit

I offer this in the same spirit that coaches use guarantees of victory by the other team to motivate their players. Consider it tacked up to our collective locker-room bulletin board.

Now get out there and win.

The Obama campaign has opened a new fund-raising front, I’ve learned, creating a nonprofit entity to bankroll Barack Obama’s presidential transition operation, quietly in business for months.

The organization is called the “Obama Transition Project.” The money is being raised from individual donors — no Internet, direct mail or events — with a $5,000 donation cap. Under self-imposed rules, lobbyists will not be allowed to contribute.

Though Obama has raised more than $600 million for his White House bid, legally it is for the election only. The first disclosure report does not have to be filed until Nov. 15.

The likely first draft pick of the Golden Age: Rahm Emanuel as chief of staff, which makes sense insofar as he’s a Chicago crony and the architect as DCCC chair of the Dems’ House sweep two years ago. Daschle had been touted for that position, but he’s been away from the Hill for awhile and doesn’t have Emanuel’s reputation as manager, and it sounds like he’s more interested in HHS anyway.

Exit question: Mr. Cool and Captain F-Bomb, joined at the hip for four years? Really?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

ManlyRash on October 30, 2008 at 10:47 PM

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM

Ugh. I must have the worst timing in the universe. Why do I always get the last comment on the page?

Tanya on October 30, 2008 at 10:55 PM

Bradky at 10:46 PM-

“…raising …hopes outside of any logical basis…”

And I was just taking it all as cheerful braggadocio.

Trash talking to counterbalance the equally non-logical strains of pessimism.

Ah well, as Obama would say (for some faux street cred): “Diff’rent strokes“…

profitsbeard on October 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Why does it cost money to do this? What even costs money for a “transition” in the first place? Is it used to pay John Kerry’s first class plane fare for Defense Secretary?

Speedwagon82 on October 30, 2008 at 10:56 PM

Sure. McCain wins and I’ll be the first to say MR was sincere and got it right. If Obama wins you simply need to say “Brad your skepticism was on target” – Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 10:52 PM

F*ck that. Put your d!ck on the table. McCain wins, you leave here forever. McCain loses, I leave here forever.

Come on, you woman. Put up or shut up.

ManlyRash on October 30, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Note: This is AP’s way of getting your pulse racing. Is it racing yet?

Jim Treacher on October 30, 2008 at 10:14 PM

No, but it is finally at a steady idle.

BillH on October 30, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Now get out there and win.
I knew you’d come around eventually.

*picks up red pompoms*
Go Team, Go! Beat Barack O’Dewey!

You’re going to take Karol up on her offer and go help out in PA, right?

Tanya on October 30, 2008 at 10:50 PM

How’s that, Tanya?

ManlyRash on October 30, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Come on, you woman. Put up or shut up.

ManlyRash on October 30, 2008 at 10:59 PM

Ah the Kos personna emerges again. What happened to civil conservative?
You been watching too much WWF – maybe a steel cage match?

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Ah the Kos personna emerges again. What happened to civil conservative? You been watching too much WWF – maybe a steel cage match? – Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:04 PM

Sleep tight, Bradley.

ManlyRash on October 30, 2008 at 11:05 PM

ManlyRash on October 30, 2008 at 11:05 PM

You don’t want to “man up” to a gentleman’s bet – that’s fine. And I have to admit that asking me to put my member on the table for you is a little creepy when you call me a woman in the same breath.
Trolling for trannys? ugh!

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:07 PM

Why are you here Bradsky? Don’t they have some blogs for those of your affinity group?

smellthecoffee on October 30, 2008 at 11:14 PM

smellthecoffee on October 30, 2008 at 11:14 PM

What would you classify as my affinity group?

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:16 PM

Hey Bradky, Obama sure does suck ass, doesn’t he.

FiveWays on October 30, 2008 at 11:20 PM

You want me to tell you? You know, I don’t. All you need to know is, it isn’t this one. So let me rephrase my previous post slightly. Why don’t you stop being such a pain in the a$$ and go find a blog to hand out on with those of your affinity group, whatever that is.

smellthecoffee on October 30, 2008 at 11:21 PM

FiveWays on October 30, 2008 at 11:20 PM

LOL I don’t agree with his solutions. As to his intimate preferences I don’t really care.

smellthecoffee on October 30, 2008 at 11:21 PM

We can’t blog from Olympus. sorry have to visit earth to do that.

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM

Now get out there and win.

Who the hell are you, and what have you done with the real AllahPundit?

fossten on October 30, 2008 at 11:29 PM

We can’t blog from Olympus. sorry have to visit earth to do that.

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:26 PM

What is that, a Greek restaurant? You actually ought to visit earth every once in a while. Then you’d know what was going on.

smellthecoffee on October 30, 2008 at 11:29 PM

smellthecoffee on October 30, 2008 at 11:29 PM

sooo you don’t want me to vote for McCain?

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Aren’t Barry’s solutions and intimate preferences one in the same, Bradky ole boy?

FiveWays on October 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM

FiveWays on October 30, 2008 at 11:35 PM

If I could change my screen name it would be “The Civil Conservative”. No need to be crude toward Obama.

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:38 PM

How’s that, Tanya?

ManlyRash on October 30, 2008 at 11:00 PM

Hee. Well, it got me on the right page, but no commitment for PA yet.

Tanya on October 30, 2008 at 11:41 PM

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:38 PM

So you don’t think Obama sucks ass? Is there any need to be affable to Obama (The Ass Sucker)?

FiveWays on October 30, 2008 at 11:43 PM

No need to be crude toward Obama.

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:38 PM

No one is being crude. It’s not like anyone is trying to create a visual of BO in the back of a limo with a dude, both strung out on coke and getting their collective freaks on. Five ways is being quite civil by not talking about that one.

Laura in Maryland on October 30, 2008 at 11:43 PM

sooo you don’t want me to vote for McCain?

Bradky on October 30, 2008 at 11:31 PM

Who you vote for is none of my business. I just want you stop being such pain in the a$$ sh*t disturber.

smellthecoffee on October 30, 2008 at 11:45 PM

Manly…
trolls is as trolls does.
He’s not worth your trouble……..
Way to effing easy

kareyk on October 31, 2008 at 12:02 AM

Instead of all this he-wins-I-stay-he-wins-you-go stuff how about something a bit simpler…

As Republicans lets pick ONE point to agree on….something we ALL can agree about. Something……anything….well almost anything…….

How about platform position #1:

1. Ronald Reagan was tall.

OK, now let’s find something else to agree about……..

Limerick on October 31, 2008 at 12:03 AM

OK, now let’s find something else to agree about……..

Limerick on October 31, 2008 at 12:03 AM

How about……Obama sucks ass?

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 12:08 AM

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 12:08 AM

I like that one. Did it happen in the back of a limo?

Laura in Maryland on October 31, 2008 at 12:27 AM

I like that one. Did it happen in the back of a limo?

Laura in Maryland on October 31, 2008 at 12:27 AM

Yep. At least that’s how I heard it……with a dude, both strung out on coke and getting their collective freaks on….

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 12:44 AM

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 12:44 AM

LOL! I know you didn’t need anyone’s help, but I couldn’t resist. Thanks for letting me play.

Laura in Maryland on October 31, 2008 at 12:55 AM

Laura in Maryland on October 31, 2008 at 12:55 AM

Actually I appreciated it. Thank you, Laura.

And yes folks, Obama does suck……..***….

FiveWays on October 31, 2008 at 1:02 AM

Forget all the macho posturing, kids.
Speaking of which, Obama won’t need a transition team to return to the Senate. Duh. Some of you are acting as if he was going to win.
Who’s been ginning up the excitement? The news media trying to sell papers, get viewers, etc. A week from now the cover of Newsweek will be: “Voter Apathy” in mud brown letters. Maybe a figure at the bottom sleeping in a chair with a vote in his hand.
McCain didn’t even have to try hard to win. I’ve said it elsewhere: The Democrats deserved a better candidate, and so did we. Obama:Epic Fail

Doug on October 31, 2008 at 1:14 AM

Not “Game Over.”

Try two other words: Psych Out

theregoestheneighborhood on October 31, 2008 at 2:12 AM

Presumptuous little bugger isn’t he. His MSM buddies game the polls so he’s the winner and he doesn’t think he needs to wait to see if he really gets the votes. Well, I guess he should own the election since he bought it.

Snuffy on October 31, 2008 at 2:32 AM

He is going to end up looking like a complete fool.

crosspatch on October 31, 2008 at 2:55 AM

Who is Rahm Emanuel?

-Clinton’s spinmeister.
-Known for being vicious and vindictive.
-Started “dirt machine” to dig up dirt on opponents.
-Foul mouthed’
-Accused Starr of leaking grand jury stuff’
-Lied for clinton about monica’
-Considered by former colleagues to be an “expert in blackmail’”
-Was known as “Clinton’s hit man.”
-Participated in the coverup of kathleen willey smear

He’s the perfect chief of staff for a crooked Chicago politician and ally of ACORN.

georgej on October 31, 2008 at 7:29 AM

I think O should be raising money for his auntie and step bro before he raises money for anything else.

Fuquay Steve on October 31, 2008 at 8:13 AM

On Wednesday, when plans for an early inauguration are finalized (Obama in the White House by Thanksgiving), impeachment proceedings (of both Bush and Cheney) are taken up in the House, and Murtha struts his stuff with a 10-point victory, try to remember that there are battles yet to be fought, if not in this Country then somewhere else.

jay12 on October 31, 2008 at 8:57 AM

OFraud has shown no respect for election laws before, why doesn’t he just claim the campaign money is his to spend as he pleases.

BKennedy on October 31, 2008 at 9:16 AM

Where does this money go if he loses? Into his pocket?

Vashta.Nerada on October 31, 2008 at 10:06 AM

Come on, you woman. Put up or shut up.

ManlyRash

HOLY SHT!!!…..GO MRash

Ah the Kos personna emerges again. What happened to civil conservative?
You been watching too much WWF – maybe a steel cage match?

Bradky

Bradky,..the D!ck meets the table muchacho!! P.S.’civil conservatives’ get their kafir throats slit 1st.

lobosan5 on October 31, 2008 at 10:16 AM

lobosan5 on October 31, 2008 at 10:16 AM

Wow. Putting d**ks on the table and throat slitting. What a fine crop of new commenters we have here. You know, if you t*rds slink off with a McCain loss, it’s almost worth having it.
DiaperRash, nobody cares if you stay or go. All it would mean is less pointless bravado posts and less adultfriendfinder chat with your groupies. Nothing the McCain campaign has done warrants your level of optimism. Confidence is one thing; you’re long past that and into hubris. It’s grating.
Lobo, maybe you want to spend a bit more time on your posts. You sound like you’re threatening people in a rather graphic way.

austinnelly on October 31, 2008 at 11:14 AM

austinnelly on October 31, 2008 at 11:14 AM

not a new commenter, sorry….don’t post much because i am not good at it. call it bravado if you want…we will NOT be slinking off if McCain looses, we will be dealing w/ the end of America as we know it & you know it.

You sound like you’re threatening people in a rather graphic way.

yes, you are right…did not come across as i meant it.
By

’civil conservatives’ get their kafir throats slit 1st.

I mean to say that being civil ,polite & all of that will count for not much when faced w/the knife.

DiaperRash, nobody cares if you stay or go.

Not true,there are quite a few of us who dig ManlyR’s un-faultering confidence,&, for the level of optimism not being warranted by Jonny Mac’s campaign ….it is way beyond that. It’s called Hope against all Hope…what America was founded on.

lobosan5 on October 31, 2008 at 12:11 PM

besides….if he puts his dk on the table…& Manly America looses…the Rash Dude is outta here for good…so there you have it.

lobosan5 on October 31, 2008 at 12:30 PM

austinnelly on October 31, 2008

You rag on others and then try to push people around with your palsied wit. Not working. You might look forward to an Obama reign. Many of us know how ugly his Amerika will become and we will resist mightily. This site is a place for all of us to vent within the limits of the terms of use. You, sir or madam, are not the arbiter of that.

SKYFOX on October 31, 2008 at 1:48 PM

SKYFOX on October 31, 2008 at 1:48 PM

I have a feeling that this site might be subject to the new and improved media police and we’re all going to be outta here. That is if you know who gets (s)elected.

Fuquay Steve on October 31, 2008 at 2:05 PM